4.7
Alex C.
Industry: Medical Practice

Opteo Works!

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

My overall experience has excellent. I have zero experience with ad words and Opteo has made it very easy to optimize the performance and see better ROI for my Google dollars.

Pros

Opteo takes the guesswork out of optimizing my Google ads. Very easy too use, but very effective tool.

Cons

Every once in a while I get an error where changes could not be pushed to Google ads.

Nagy J.

Best tool for Google Ads management

Reviewed on 18/05/2020

It helps speed up Google Ads management.

Pros

Opteo is very graphical, it is easy to use. It comes up with suggestions, that I would not think of.

Cons

It is very easy to use, it is helpful so it is hard for me to come up with aspects that I don't like. I least like adding negative keywords, they can be added only to lists.

Gregory J.

Missing Microsoft Advertising Integration but Otherwise Fantastic

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

We're saving a ton of time managing the day-to-day efforts for our clients' Google Ads campaigns — allowing us to focus on larger overarching strategies.

Pros

Opteo makes it exceptionally simple for advertisers with a lot on their plate to manage what would normally be arduous tasks in a fraction of the time. In addition, whether you're a relative newbie or an experienced PPC manager, you'll find something helpful or interesting among all the tips and advice Opteo will give you along the way.

Cons

The biggest knock against Opteo is that it doesn't integrate with Microsoft Advertising, and Opteo's team has confirmed that it's not currently on their roadmap. While this may be less important in the grand scheme of things, it does make things a little bit more tricky at times.

✔ david E.

Excellent Back Seat Driver For AdWords Account Management

Reviewed on 22/02/2017

We're only human, and to be human is to make mistakes, despite our best intentions with checklists and procedures. Enter Opteo. Opteo reviews your AdWords accounts making helpful suggestions based on well-established best practices. These aren't the semi-helpful AdWords suggestions that Google provides. These are specific data based suggestions. I find I implement 90-95% of them. If you approve the suggestion, in one click Opteo will implement it for you. If you don't like the suggestion, you can permanently ignore it or ignore it for a certain period of time. Suggestions occur for a variety of topics such as exact match keyword suggestions, negative keywords, bid adjustments, pausing poorly performing ads, placement exclusions and many more. It is especially helpful for smaller accounts that don't warrant a lot of management time due to low ad spend. Opteo covers the bases until time/budget justifies a deeper look.

Pros

Deep data-driven account management suggestions
Continual feature improvement over time by Opteo

Cons

Occasionally (1 in20 suggestions) the API between Opteo and AdWords errors out. In those cases, you must enter AdWords directly and implement the suggestion manually.

Phil D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Opteo is a must have Adwords optimisation tool

Reviewed on 25/10/2018

Pros

All round performance with keyword, advert and bid optimsation recommendations backed up by stats to prove it. Saves hours of tedious work allowing time for more creative updates to campaigns. Excellent for agency management of multiple Adwords accounts.
I've used the more expensive competitor tools but found Opteo to provide everything I need at incredible value.
Easy to use interface.

Cons

Nothing to fault. Seem to be always adding new features and improvements. Incredible value for money.

Alessandro D.

Easy Way to Optimize Enormous AdWords Accounts

Reviewed on 10/07/2017

Pros

Save lots of time and put our campaigns ahead of the competition. We receive lots of great optimizations recommendations and to execute is just a click away, also the budgeting manage feature is very easy to use and control the budget of many accounts with different monthly budgets.

Cons

We miss a reporting tool to send the optimizations to our clients and other few features, but the key features we already have on the platform.

Øystein N.
Industry: Computer Software

Easy to use, yet powerful

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

Pros

Opteo is really easy to get started with and to use. The way the improvements are presented are great, and give an instant overview of what to prioritize. The ability to do the changes inside Opteo is also a delighter. The best for team (and self..) motivation is the way Opteo makes it easy to work continously to make incremental improvements with an overview of hundreds of ads, ad groups and campaigns. The gamification of the ovarall score of your account is also great.

Cons

The lacking support for other ads platforms to really get an overview of different paid ads channels (for instance with Microsoft Ads) is something that I would love to see.

Great Product, Great price

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Our ads clients have seen improved performance since using Opteo.

Pros

This software integrates seamlessly, and works flawlessly for us so far!

Cons

Nothing really, this software was the best choice for us.

P. andrew E.

Perfect for Agencies

Reviewed on 19/06/2017

Pros

- View campaigns at a 50,000 foot view or in great detail.
- Saves a bunch of time switching between client ad accounts
- Inexpensive and even offers a referral discount so you can get it for free!
- Write ads, optimize keyword/campaign bids, see relevance scores, and more!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that sometimes it crashes (albeit very rarely).
It would be fantastic if they expand to include Facebook data.

Industry: Hospitality

Great App!

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Pros

User-friendliness
Clean interface
Good suggestions + explanations
bids adjustments on age, gender, and more

Cons

Sometimes it takes time to receive recommendations

Mariano F.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Results: Dropped 4% CPC, Increased 43% Revenue

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Great. I don't have any complain. We have the results we were looking for.

Pros

It's very easy to use and keeps me updated every time via slack. We do daily changes to our entire account in a few meetings allowing us to focus our efforts in other channels.

Cons

The recommendations are based on all conversions. This is tricky because some of our campaigns would be optimise towards leads and others towards e-com transactions. At the end of the day, the information is there for the user to take action.

Industry: Financial Services

one of the best adwords software that has excellent customer care and service.

Reviewed on 01/04/2018

Pros

Optimized for a specific interest. Very easy to set up and navigate. The recommendations are accurate and take the time-consuming aspect out of bidding,

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say other than the overwhelming amount of features, playing and setting up can take a minute, but once it is up and running the service is phenomenal. Great job!

Remko V.

Finally!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 30/06/2017

Pros

Just in trial after trying it a few months ago. Lot's has changed: it is not a great optimization tool which does the thinking for you. Really intelligent suggestions.

Cons

Please DON'T develop reporting functionality. There are enough reporting tools out there. Please don't loose focus on optimization.

Excellent tool

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

It has completely revolutionised how we monitor and manage our clients ad accounts. Opteo has saved us time and spotted potential issues very quickly

Pros

How easy it makes managing multiple accounts and how quick it is to apply updates and changes. I also like the fact it can link to Slack.

Cons

I have not found anything I don't like about Opteo yet

Jörg W.

A practical toolbox for Google Adwords Managers

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

Pros

Opteo (formerly known as Altus) is a practical toolbox for every Google Adwords Manager! I can not live without it anymore, because it saves time & money and ensures an better overall performance!

Deshea W.

Great product - Saves time

Reviewed on 18/05/2017

Pros

Love the interface, ease of use. I really like how it seems to be learning my account as I go on. Well done.

Cons

Would like to see more negative keywords as this is still a small pain point. There's really not a true formula for negative keywords, but it would be nice to see a list of keywords that are costing a ton of money that we can easily show as negative.

Rating only

Reviewed on 31/03/2017

Adrian B.

Rating only

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

Such a great tool!

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Simply put, it's been a great addition to our toolbox. We use it in conjunction with the Google Ads platform and often find the optimization suggestions more helpful and more honest. Google mostly wants us to add costly components to campaigns that will "increase clicks by such and such a percentage," so they say. But because we run ads for clients, we're constrained by budget in most cases and can't increase them at-will.

Pros

I love that the Opteo platform provides step-by-step, well thought-out rationales for the more involved optimization suggestions. This helps us craft simple justifications for campaign changes that we can share with clients—that they'll actually understand! Also, the visuals and stats provided with certain suggestions—like the "pause this poorly performing ad in this particular campaign or ad group" are incredibly helpful for the exact same reason. Having the numbers digested for us makes our work just that much easier.

Cons

Opteo can't grasp context. For example, I often have to dismiss "add keyword" suggestions because the suggested keyword is outside of the context of the targeted user intent. We do recognize however that other factors could be at play here that are obviously outside Opteo's control.

David K.

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

Overall it's awesome, I've used much more expensive competitors like Wordstream and Opteo is more fun, easier to use and gives as good or better suggestions for a fraction of the cost.

Pros

The user interface is fantastic, really makes you want to actually use the software unlike a lot of other softwares out there, also has fantastic features that let you optimize an Adwords account very easily. Many of the recommendations it gives are spot on and you can implement them with 2 clicks.

Cons

Some of the recommended changes it gives to your clients Adwords account aren't actually improvements so you need to watch out and make sure what it's recommending is actually good.

Andreas F.
Industry: Online Media

Happy using Opteo for 6 Months now

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

More fun optimizing our Google Ads campaigns - and a lot easier to do this!

Pros

Regulary Email about Mayor Changes in Google Ads Accounts
Software very easy to use
Help manage Google Ads a lot easier

Cons

I am onehundred percent (100%) happy using Opteo

Robert B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The perfect Adwords tool for small agencies, freelancers, and those with limited time.

Reviewed on 22/02/2017

As a small-scale digital marketing consultant I don't have the budgets to work with the larger automation or bidding tools, but I knew that I wanted to cut down on the time I spent performing "grunt work" in my accounts. I signed up for an Opteo trial (back when it was Altus) and have continued the plan ever since.

Opteo does all the heavy lifting of day to day account monotony for you. it has a beautiful interface with very clear explanations that provides you with suggestions to adjust keyword bids, change up extensions, pause ads, write new ads, add keywords, structure your account'all with very clear explanations, relevant numerical support, and additional text/video content around the subject.

I've taken an account that was losing money and brought it back to a profitable level over the past couple of weeks by correctly setting up my target CPAs within Opteo and following every suggestion that the tool has offered. The support from the team is incredible, they're both fast and very knowledgeable, and I would certainly recommend the tool to anybody needing to free up some time and reduce human error in their Adwords account. I can only see Opteo getting better, so I'll certainly remain a member.

Pros

Reduces human error in maintenance checking
Reduces time spent on grunt work
Clear, concise reporting-much easier to see KPIs at a glance over Adwords interface
Beautiful UX

Cons

Although every suggestion in the tool will ultimately help with quality scores, it would be great to have a feature to monitor quality score at ad group level. (I have been in touch with the team and they've acknowledged this.)

Thomas R.

Great system for Google Ads

Reviewed on 15/03/2019

Overall very satisfied with the system and are recommending this a lot to others, heads up for the team and their service

Pros

First of all, it's unbelievable easy to use this system, we have been using it for a couple of years and the service and support is truely great. The developers are also open for new ideas and are continuously developing new features.

Cons

Dont have any comments for this at all, if we have any issues and need for support the team have an answer right away.

Don't Touch Your PPC Without It

Reviewed on 10/08/2020

My experience has been top-notch. It's why I am still using this software.

Pros

This software streamlines, automates and makes more efficient your daily PPC workload, helping you autopilot tedious task while improving CPA and reducing spend. It's a must-have for any serious marketer and will save you hours upon hours of work each week. Case closed.

Cons

The only downside is that you have to upgrade to an enterprise account to get downloadable reporting. I think white label reporting should come standard with every account (you'd get more users).

Industry: Retail

Huge help for a small team!

Reviewed on 22/01/2020

This is a great product overall. We've had amazing responsiveness and readiness from the Opteo team to adapt to our needs which is huge for us as we grow. Overall, I would recommend Opteo for small teams like ours who need a hand focusing on what will actually move the needle on campaigns.

Pros

Easy to integrate into our daily routines - actually, it improved the daily routine significantly. Straightforward platform that also helps with prioritizing tasks when it can seem overwhelming. Helps to make easier and more mindful decisions.

Cons

No negative's come to mind at this point