Jeff W.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Bad Bad Service

Reviewed on 28/06/2016

The system is complicated and the customer service is very poor. We were scheduled 30 minutes of training. Our trainer literally had to cut off at 30 minutes. Turned out that the system could not accommodate a California seven day in a row overtime prevention, although we were told that it could handle those needs when we initially called about the service. In fact, that was the only reason we were interested in changing our scheduling system. I was upset by the lack of willingness by the sales rep to return calls or try to make this right. We were charged $105.00 for a system we cancelled in 18 days from the initial purchase. The training was a joke, the service was poor and the product did not meet our needs. Better customer service is needed.

Pros

It's cheap.

Cons

Complicated. Learning curve is steep and I am well versed in PHP script, Joomla, Wordpress and other database software. Cannot effectively staff a large business with 30 minutes of training. Poor customer service and return policy.

Response from Shiftboard

Hi Jeff ¿ Thank you for your message. We regret the difficulties you experienced and that the system workarounds we provided did not support the overtime prevention process, as you would have expected. Our billing department has confirmed that you did receive a full refund, as it is never our intention to misrepresent the capabilities of our product. We greatly appreciated the opportunity to work with you and hope that as our product evolves we might be able to better support you in the future. Please reach out if there is anything else we can do. Thank you.

Jessie B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Seamless and easy

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

I have had great experiences with Shiftboard, its super helpful and I'm so glad that my company chose it as it's scheduling software.

Pros

I use this software daily, you can choose to view the week, then click on individual days to see what your schedule is for the day. The software is so simple and straightforward regarding scheduling. Within the main menu you can see: teams, calendar and opportunity (news) You can see what line of support you are scheduled for, when your breaks are at and when you have specific time off to catch up on daily tasks. You then have the option to print it out, download it and connect it to your Google Calendar, Outlook or other iCal compatible calendar tools.

Cons

I truly have never had any issues with this software. I have no dislikes about the software. Working for a company that has your schedule planned out and updates it quickly is such a relief. I previously worked for a financial institution and my schedule was so disorganized. Its great being able to access the Shiftboard at work/home and see what you need to know to be prepared for your shift.

Jared H.

• Customer Support Software

I have had a very positive experience.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Pros

The team at shiftboard has great communication and has been able to customize shiftboard to our needs.

Cons

My managers would like to print month views of their calendar. The current month view print out doesn't meet our needs, but they are actively in development to improve this.

• Industry: Law Practice

• Customer Support Software

Shiftboard transformed our organization's personnel scheduling system!

Reviewed on 20/10/2017

Ease of scheduling staff, ease of signing up for shifts by employees, organization of shift calendar that is accessible to all employees

Pros

Once you have a chance to work with it, it makes staffing a breeze. The customer service is fantastic and receptive to all questions. Our multi-generational personnel can all participate in the scheduling process, and different positions have access to different levels of involvement within that process.

Prior to the adoption of Shiftboard for our organization, we used pen and paper to have over 100 employees sign up for various shifts. If pencil was used, staff would sometimes erase someone's shift and sign up in their place. It was a mess. Now everyone can plan their schedules from the comfort of their own home.

Robert M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Major Advantage

Reviewed on 27/08/2016

I have used Shiftboard for 3 years and it has transformed my business. We are able to give staff the luxury of choosing their own shifts.

When anyone asks what time is this or that. I can simply point them to shiftboard.

This has helped me retain people, keep people happy and recruit better people.

Before shiftboard we struggled to keep everyone up to date on late news and updates. Shiftboard allows me to categorize our teams and make specific announcements to them.

I can also run reports, send texts and so much more.

Pros

Flexibility, customization

Cons

Having to email support to make changes to my "on boarding" page.

M M.

Decent

Reviewed on 16/10/2017

We are kind of stuck with it because our employees are all learning to use it but we still have to do a lot more communication with them because SB is not user friendly.
We are also constantly reaching out for support because your support team can only do one thing at a time. We can't cover multiple issues with one person or call

Pros

It eventually does what we need it to do.

Cons

Not very user friendly. To cater it to our needs we have to keep creating different teams or groups and it takes a lot of time since we have 300 employees that all fit into several different groups. The texting feature is too expensive and what was told to me in the beginning is not what is being charged

Gregory H.

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use. Nice system

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Having everything time stamped so there is no more he said/she said.

Pros

Shiftboard is so easy to set up shifts and change them is necessary as the need arises. This makes scheduling a breeze.

Cons

Wish is had a location exclusion feature so that if there was one location I did not want to schedule for but needed to see all the others it would make my job even simpler. Also it would be nice to see a sort done by length of shifts so that scheduling would not violate any union rules.
It is a little clunky to be toggling between locations to find the longest hours for staff when I have couple of hundred shifts to fill.

Heather V.

• Customer Support Software

So far, I have had no issues with the Shiftboard software or technical support.

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and that I can schedule my staff in multiple locations easily. It is also nice that I can set a store up with a schedule one year at at a time so that all my staff has to do is choose who is working.

Cons

I wish that if I need to delete someone's shift that I can do it from the shared view. It is time consuming to have to go back to shift view to delete and then back to shared view so that I can print off a copy.

Lydia S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Love our Shiftboard!!

Reviewed on 09/11/2016

I've been using Shiftboard for a little over 3 years now and absolutely love it! I love the 'real person' customer service the most. When I do have an issue, I can make a phone call and a person answers and helps me. I also love the training videos that are available. It really helps with new users. We are very pleased that we changed over to Shiftboard. Thanks

Pros

My favorite thing is that when I do post an event, the volunteers receive an email immediately. They don't have to remember to look at the calendar to see if I've posted something. It is much easier for them. I recommend it all the time.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like. I have had challenges getting around the reports, but the problem is me, not the report.

• Customer Support Software

Great experience! Love Shiftboard!

Reviewed on 18/10/2017

Pros

I am the Volunteer Coordinator for a local dog rescue group and we use Shiftboard to sign up our volunteers for events. The site is super easy to use and any issues are addressed immediately via their great customer service team

Cons

One minor issue I have is with formatting outgoing broadcast messages. I am unable to properly space my messages and unable to attach photos which would be a big plus!

Randy M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Overall a good program

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

It does work well. I like the bulk upload feature. I didn't find the app for the phone helpful. They still have not corrected the fact that every time I update or go back and forth between weeks, why the order that the people are displayed changes.

Pros

The flexibility of views. The ease of changing and adding shifts

Cons

The fact that it changes the order that the people are in every time it reloads or changes weeks

Monica C.

• Customer Support Software

Shiftboard has made my job so much easier.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Pros

It is absolutely wonderful to be able to access anywhere with internet. I can travel from different locations and continue working.

Cons

We've trouble with the app for the program. It doesn't have all the functions needed as online, so we just utilize the online form.

Cody O.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Used twice - worked well

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

Everything worked quite well.

Pros

Good for scheduling many shifts/people in a few clicks

Cons

Allowing access to new people or new functionalities could get difficult

Sharon J.
  • Industry: Photography

• Customer Support Software

I use this almost everyday. It works well for what I need.

Reviewed on 16/10/2017

It is available on my phone and I can access it everywhere.

Pros

It is efficient and helpful, I use the app on my phone which is very handy. It keeps items current and accurate.

Cons

I cannot search for a name in the calendar. If I haven't used it for a while and is updated by my boss, I have to log out, would be easier to refresh.

Eileen B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

My company has just started to use Shiftboard and it has been a great asset.

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

It made our schedule work easier for both office staff and our captains and mates. It was the only software that is work for our complany

Pros

I like the ease of schedule, that it offers many ways to check schedules by either people or by assignment or even location. That you can set a schedule ahead of time and publish at a specific time. I also love the app

Cons

That the schedule interface isn't so people friendly unless your the scheduler. the look of it is outdated but function is great

Anne D.
  • Industry: Events Services

Great scheduling tool!

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Easy to use and navigate. I like being able to see who else is working me as well and all the details and reminders about the events.

Pros

Easy to navigate and use. You can see your entire schedule by the week or month as well as upcoming events. To sign up for an event is easy as well as unconfirming an event. I also like the notifications of when a new event is posted or when a trade is available.

Cons

App is not as inclusive as on the computer. You cant see what the event is on the calendar or all the details.

Nedenia P.

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use and navigate.

Reviewed on 16/10/2017

I get to sign up for different events.

Pros

Everything is right at your fingertip; you do not have to search. Navigating through shift board gives you a sense of independence on how to do it yourself.

Cons

Sometime this software can be slow when multiple people are trying to access it at the same time. The actual events are bunched up together on the calendar in one day. Each event or sponsor should be separated by colors or some other way of determining which group is which.

Gwen B.

I love shiftboard

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

Pros

people can see the shifts that they pick up. Its and easy system to work with and easy to learn. I think all job should use shiftboard.

Cons

call outs from staff. sometimes there are bugs and we don;t get emails about and find out about the problem on our own.

• Customer Support Software

Great scheduling option for diverse teams

Reviewed on 19/02/2018

Pros

Ability to allow various levels of team management and scheduling. QR code clock in is useful, and timekeeping has team by team flexibility.

Cons

Reports are somewhat lacking, system admin audit and reporting is lacking. No way to actually set a user's password, so if they are not receiving email from system, cannot just set the password or troubleshoot if email is being sent (system audit capability).

Kathleen T.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Shiftboard is great for locating staff during the day and for upcoming shifts.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Easy access to the information required to do my job.

Pros

I find that this system is very easy to use. It did not take long to learn and the users also find it easy to use.

Malecia B.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Scheduling Made Easy

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

One of the contracting companies that I work with use Shiftgig as their means of scheduling and since then I have come across other companies that use it as well.

Pros

It is so easy to navigate and use this software. As a user I am able to sign up, sign in and message if needed for shifts (I can also accurately see my hours worked).

Cons

I have yet to have a problem with using this software so I have no cons to give.

Jeannette G.

Great experience

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Pros

Ease to use and good customer support. Instructors like how they sign up for classes, what is available and the flexibility.

Meagan M.

So robust, so unorganized

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

Pros

Shiftboard has everything we ever needed in WFM. the demand planner was the make or break for us as we are a contractor-remote-based workforce and volume/staffing needs change by the hour and by the day. incredibly detailed employee profiles, teams, locations, about 17 different ways to create shifts and fairly robust reports, plus a clockin/clockout functionality and mobile site

Cons

it's not a clear UI and sadly not very intutitive. you'll eventually find what you need as, like i said, the tool is very robust, just that many tasks take way more clicks and navigation than one would expect or deem necessary.

Shawn O.
  • Industry: Events Services

• Customer Support Software

We use it to do payroll for part time staff, its easy for both staff and HR to use

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

tracking hours for part time staffers.

Pros

The flow and simplicity to use makes it easy to use. Shiftboard also allows us to easily track employee hours and convert their hours into reports.

Cons

Not sure if it's shiftboard or our system, but once the employee hours are downloaded the excel spreadsheet often closes without warning.

• Customer Support Software

It works perfectly for what we need

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

Pros

I love the ease of use. The software gives me the ability to change and add shifts easily. Then it is convenietnt to notify people of changes in shifts immediatly

Cons

The only thing I would like is to have the ability to run a few more report and some sorting tools that I have to do by hand