4.2
4.2
Sean C.
Industry: Events Services

Shift management for events and beyond

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Once the software is set up for a particular department, the management of shifts and teams is made much easier.

Pros

I like that staff within certain roles are able to trade shifts within Shiftboard without going through management.

Cons

The software can be a bit tedious to set up. Likewise if you bulk upload your shifts then removing or changing one of them can be difficult without changing the rest.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Danny D.
Industry: Religious Institutions

We use Shiftboard to schedule all of our part-time employees and manage our work schedules. Awesome!

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

Pros

There are a lot of different ways to take advantage of this software. Workers can trade shifts if you want that, you can bulk schedule duplicate schedules that work well, and on and on I could go. It is really easy to learn and use.

Cons

I would love to pay less since we are a non-profit organization, but the price is still very reasonable. They also have great customer service!

Ashley D.
Industry: Hospitality

Decent Functionality

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

The software was just what I was looking for in that it lets my staff opt in to events. The tech support is friendly and fast but doesn’t always have a definitive answer for you.

The mobile app turned out to be a great bonus though I wish it had more of the features available for the desktop version.

Overall, I’m very happy with the software and would purchase again in a heartbeat.

Pros

This is the only scheduling software I’ve found that lets employees opt into a shift instead of filling out their availability every week. I work in a catering business so we don’t have consistent work for our servers. They all have school or other jobs to work around their schedule with us. Some of them only work with us twice a month so asking them to keep an updated calendar of their availability is unrealistic. This software lets me post all the shifts and have servers sign up for the ones they want. It’s very helpful. Shiftboard does also have the ability to let staff fill in availability and have management work off that, however.

I also appreciate that I can include notes about the shift and addresses for when we do offsites. The software also lets me divide servers into teams so that they see only the shifts they are eligible for.

Cons

It’s not the most aesthetically pleasing site and takes a while to adjust to the layout, but once you get used to it, it’s fine.

The biggest issues I find is that you can’t export your sign up lists. When I have 40 events in a month, I’d like to print out a list of who signed up for what and work from there, but I have to go shift by shift, typing the results in an Excel sheet instead. Also, there isn’t a way to track who did what change in the system. When I’ve had issues in the past that may have been from a software glitch, they can’t give me an answer as to who changed what and when.

Rick A.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Review from Woodson YMCA

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

I can't speak enough about Shiftboard and the amount of time and energy that the software has saved myself and other managers. I have no qualms about promoting the product to other departments and facilities.

Pros

I love how the product is able to track certifications. The trade board function has saves me a lot of time and energy. The document function and linking of certification to profile type has also saves time and paper.
I really like that I can now create a schedule and not publish it until I am finished. Schedules we create are often in motion until publication. I like that staff are no longer receiving messages until the schedule is completed.

Cons

To send a message to team members I can either send to 1 or broadcast to all. It would be nice if there was the ability do a check box of multiple members to whom the message could be sent. That way those who we know are neither available or in need of the information will get the message.

Joe R.
Industry: Hospitality
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Shiftboard makes scheduling easy

Reviewed on 30/08/2016

In event staffing things change quickly and having a scheduling software that was easy to use was a must. Most solutions in the scheduling space to not compare to Shiftboard on the ability to change time/location/uniform/client/event details all from your phone. Currently I manage a staff list of over 500 and I could not it without Shiftboard.

Pros

Straightforward -- Even though there are help FAQs and videos, they are not needed, the interface is self explanatory.

Reporting -- They will customize reports for you but the basic reports export to PDF or Excel for easy editing.

Cost -- Only billing on actually scheduled versus active makes this perfect for companies with seasonal schedules

Cons

A little cleaning up of the interface and some "right click" improvements would be welcome

Richard D.
Industry: Photography

Decent software to use; could use some improvements.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

It does allow me to keep a calendar of my photography schedule for Victory Views, usually in an easy to use fashion.

Pros

Overall, it is fairly easy to use, once you get it set up. It it usually quick to update in most cases.

Cons

It is confusing sometimes, especially when I add want to add new schools to make appointments for. I have filters of some sort set up, with a list of schools that I somehow set up some time ago. If I am offered a game to shoot photos at, for a team I do not have in that list, I always forget that I need to add that team to the list in my filter so I can see the schedule. It's not easy to see where you need to add it...you add it in "People." Because I don't update that list of schools, I usually forget to do so when a new school appears. Also, there does seem to be some sort of a bug when I download the schedule to my Outlook calendar. It's kind of hard to describe what I see, but, basically, the problem is is that the calendar does not download.

Alex S.

Great product, makes scheduling easier to track and more efficient.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Pros

I like having the ability to be able to see all of the schedule in one place anywhere with internet access. Also being able to see all of our open slots makes it more efficient for the scheduler.

Cons

The software still has a ways to go to become more user friendly. Certain things such as automatically making Holidays overtime, adding schedules, adjusting for daylight savings are either difficult or non existent features

Danielle H.

Shiftboard

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

Shiftboard helps ease our scheduling of our live event production techs. We have many pieces moving each day with live events and concerts and we can really get detailed in the posting information we need to share with our staff. We use multiple headliners with multiple positions each day and it is clear and easy to understand.

Pros

It's easy for a bulk upload of multiple positions across different call times and locations.

Cons

Sometimes the detailed side of options gets finicky but customer support is great.

Jack H.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Staff Management Software that Makes Life Easy

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

Before using Shiftboard, life was hectic and scheduling was a mess. Shiftboard allowed us to grow without the headache of scheduling hundreds of staff across multiple locations of our business. On top of that, every time I call customer support, they help me with every question I might have. We could not be more satisfied with Shiftboard's platform!

Pros

Saves my business/staff headache. Reduces the cost of staff scheduling.

Cons

Could have a better mobile app.

John T.
Industry: Public Safety

Has worked great for our needs.

Reviewed on 14/10/2017

I don't have to man a white board in an office with the monthly shifts on it. I get very few phone calls from firemen with issues. When I do it is usually there error.

Pros

Easy to sign up or cancel shifts. Easy access from computer, phone, tablet, etc. As an administrator I have had little problems.

Cons

Wish people could "not" be able to sign-up after shift starts or not after the shift was an hour old. Be sides accidents sometimes people will sign-up for a shift after it was over and they didn't really do the shift.

Julian G.
Industry: Food & Beverages

It changes everything

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

I have been using Shiftboard for 4 years now. I really can't imagine doing business without it. With constant fluctuation of staffing needs, organizing your workflow around technology to streamline the processes. Most importantly it provides a level transparency.

Pros

The transparency.

Cons

Being able to teach shiftboard what overtime means. Based on our CBA different groups have different overtime rules.

Rosunde R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Shiftboard makes it much easier than the previous scheduling software.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Ease of scheduling, accepting shifts and entering time cards.

Pros

Signup is more of an ease. Once you accept the shifts they're yours!
The unconfirmed feature is also a plus!

Cons

Would be better if payroll could be done through the time card feature!
Not all companies affiliated with Shiftboard use this feature.

Andrea B.

I find shift board very helpful it helps me keep track of my busy schedule.

Reviewed on 16/10/2017

Pros

I prefer the easy entry of shifts when I have so many shifts to cover. I can access my schedule at anytime and see who has picked up shifts at my program. It saves me a lot of phone calls to relief staff. Time is valuable and I don't have a lot of time to spend on schedule. Shift board makes it easy.

Cons

I like the software. The issue is getting staff added to my shift board as relief fast, but that is an internal issue.

Yelena K.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Perfect solution for busy scheduler

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Easier scheduling process. Saves a lot of time and effort.

Pros

I like the most that staff receiving information at the same time and get an opportunity to pick and choose

Cons

It's making it more difficult if staff starts to cancel shifts, than take it again, than drop it, so on.

Angela G.
Industry: Political Organization

Worth the money

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Pros

Easy to schedule employees. I like the different calendar views. That makes it so helpful when looking for either by day or by hour.

Cons

Would like to be able to click on the persons name from the calendar. This would be a huge benefit to be able
To do this.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Harry M.
Industry: Entertainment
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

As an employee, it's easy to find what shifts I am assigned to.

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

easy

Pros

As an employee, it's easy to find what shifts I am assigned to. And asking for time off works easily as well.

Cons

Hard to figure out all the different user setting. And I have to reset all the filters when logged out.

Manage our bar staff

Reviewed on 27/08/2018

Pros

This is a great tool to manage our bar staff! We have a lot of part time teachers and this helps bring transparency.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say! It's worked great for us for a long time.

Jesse G.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Robust features but needs a better UI

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Pros

Has lots of great features and report capabilities for the money. Can be easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

Could use better support and training videos on the features. I had to figure a lot of things on my own through trial and error. Can be overwhelming at first but once you get used to the features and shortcuts it becomes easier

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Shift Sign-up - Very Easy

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 16/10/2017

I love using this to sign up for volunteer shifts with the Durham Visitor's Center. I think this is a very organized way of seeing opportunities, the days/ times/ locations of such offers, and who to contact with questions. I wish more volunteer groups would use a similar software.

Pros

I like the way the different shifts show up on the monthly calendar. I like that they color code things for the users to know if it is an open shift or something they've already accepted. I like the ability to sort things by various teams.

Cons

I wish there was a refresh button rather than having to change the view and then come back. It's also not very mobile friendly at this point.

Ariel F.
Industry: Entertainment

Makes scheduling volunteers much easier

Reviewed on 08/11/2016

I'd used shiftboard as a volunteer at a film festival, and was pleased to be able to use it again as a supervisor when I moved to another festival. It makes everything go much more smoothly, since the alternative is a humble spreadsheet -- ok, but not nearly as useful as Shiftboard.

Pros

Makes scheduling easy.

Cons

Takes a little practice to use it effectively. When you're a once-a-year employee or volunteer, you don't necessarily have the time to get up to speed every time. I would love to see ongoing improvements to user friendliness.

Kenneth M.
Industry: Photography
Company size: Self Employed

All n all the software has been useful in scheduling games for photographers. I have been able to m

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

Quick broad scope of seasonal events. I can look through the entire season and see what games I want to shoot and commit to them right there online.

Pros

Convenient way to capture events each week in advance for scheduling. The ability to uncommit online helps with the dynamics of scheduling.

Cons

You can't see the games taken by others, so you don't know if a photographer has taken the game or if was never populated database in the first place.

Bri P.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Helpful for scheduling

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 03/01/2020

Shiftboard is extremely helpful for scheduling people, especially with larger groups where people might be scheduled in many different locations. Shiftboard has helped us with efficiency in scheduling and ability to easily make changes to shifts, people assigned, etc. when needed.

Pros

-there is both a website and an app
-ability to sort by person scheduled, location, etc.

Cons

-not very visually good looking- would look nicer if blocks of shifts were put into a grid to matchthe time of shift along each column
-app can be difficult to navigate

Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Shift board enables me to volunteer at various venues in the Raleigh area.

Pros

Ease of use Helpful staff and many features too numerous to list. Have used other similar sites and this is by far the best. Kudos to you

Cons

Have some difficulty logging off but overall excellent. I have visited this site many times in the past three years and always had had a good experience.

Lanette K.

The shiftboard website is very easy to use with the different features and functionality.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Pros

Shiftboard is user friendly and very accessible and easy to use. I understand all of the features and functions.

Craig S.

Difficult to access, at times, and not intuitive.

Reviewed on 16/10/2017

Pros

Ease of sign up and scheduling
Calendar display and format...easy to view summary information
Shows scheduling conflicts

Cons

Not intuitive, at least initially
Difficult to navigate
Does not allow for automatic options/choices when scheduling conflicts arise