Jolt

The Complete Digital Food Safety & Restaurant Ops Platform

4.7 /5 (249 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.8
Eldridge G.
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

The Safety and Productivity Solution!

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

The experience has been great through and through! It's been a huge time saver. It's saved us time, and time equals money, in various areas of our business. You can download the names of your staff who in which are on your schedule, and it helps in keeping you and your team accountable.

Pros

My most favorite feature of Jolt would be its assistance in helping the team meet food safety. This feature eliminates any handwritten and/or guessing shelf life for products, as the corporate guidelines for holding procedures are already downloaded on the application.

Cons

Depending on how tech and app savvy your managerial team is, customization is based on what works for your particular team. Therefore customization is up to us and could be pretty sloppy, which ends up being productivity lost searching for a particular label.

Brandon A.

Pretty good overall

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

bad the time I've saved building my schedule is astronomical. Everything is just so easy to move around. After I put some projections in, I can see plainly how much money i'm wasting on labor and where I'm understaffed. Also, when I used to build my schedules, I would get complaints from employees all the time about how I scheduled them on a day they wanted off or outside of their availability or too little or too many hours or whatever the case may be. Now I get hardly any and when I do, I can say "well did you give me your availability?" The answer is always no and then it's their responsibility to solve it

Pros

The administrative side of the software is pretty intuitive, but advanced enough to really customize. I have not had a lot of time to play around with the other features just yet, but the scheduler is top notch. I especially like being able to make a template with unassigned employees. Every week I just drag and drop my crucial shifts to the people that can fit them and then build my schedule from there. Really the schedule building feature is just fantastic overall. I must have saved at least 6 hours of time every week since I started using Jolt if not more. Having availability and time off requests laid out over the scheduler is so nice. I employ a lot of college students whose availability can change weekly. Them having the ability to change their availability on the fly is incredibly useful for me. I used to compare my schedule to hand written notes and an availability spreadsheet. I couldn't imagine going back. Last thing I have to add is the customer service from Jolt is top notch. And I mean REALLY great. They set me up with a personal representative of which I have all contact information I need to contact at anytime directly. Every time I send an email to Jolt, it is answered almost immediately. If I bring up a question they don't have an answer for, the make an effort to find it and always get back to me. My rep Johnathan is like the friendliest guy I've ever talked to. The Customer service of this company is reason enough to purchase the software.

Cons

The fact that it is browser based. I don't care how fast your connection is, sometimes it's going to lag. Also, what's with needing an iPad for half the features?. What if I want someone to be able to see everyone on the schedule, but not change the schedule? And by far the most annoying thing is the Jolt Lite app. It's not intuitive so I end up putting availability in myself for employees that can't figure it out. The interface of the app looks pretty bare. Like a webpage from the late 90's. When I get a push notification, it would be nice if the app opened up to whatever it is I need to approve/deny instead of the default page I set, or the last page I was on. And availability is set as "unavailable to work?" It should really be changed to when the employee is available to work, or call it "Unavailability" or something, it's just confusing.

Sabrina B.
Industry: Restaurants

Very functional, Easy to Use and a great tool for communication

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

Pros

I love that I am able to customize it for my restaurants needs. We have a lot of information and to be able to have one platform to trickle that information down is easy. From the lists, to labels and bulk imports, it is very easy to use. I also really love their customer service as they are always willing to answer any question I have, big or small and they really value feedback from "in the trenches" and strive to provide us the functionality we crave in this platform. I help establish this platform for several restaurants and file sharing and information is so easy in regards on how to build it, share it and import it.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. Every time it seems to get close to being "outdated" or not as easy to use, they ask for a call so they can help walk you through an update. They ask for feedback and listen so most of our needs are met and are done so in a timely manner. They make me feel like our restaurant is the only one they work with however I know they take feedback from many many restaurants and it helps to know everyone's concerns and voices are heard.

Sharon M.
Industry: Entertainment

A must-have for a service based industry

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

We have opening procedure lists, closing lists, cleaning lists, new hire training lists, and even incident forms which automatically send to my insurance agent when they're filled out. This product is vital to any small business.

Pros

Accountability! Ask your employee, "hey did you clean the bathroom like I asked?" they'll say yes every time. Give them a Jolt list asking them to take a photo of a clean bathroom and sign off that they completed it and you'll be amazed at the results. I apply points to each check list item and give out prizes to the top point earners each month. Now my employees are accountable for their actions and rewarded for a job well done. Bonus: New hires have a thorough guideline of how to complete regular talks by walking through a check list.

Cons

The ability to bulk-change lists could be more user friendly. Right now the process can be quite tedious if you're like me and have long lists that need editing.

Collin R.
Industry: Entertainment

Super useful with room to grow

Reviewed on 02/07/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are a family fun center, so we have a large variety of tasks for employees to accomplish. Jolt helps make these tasks clear to employees and helps us managers follow up if tasks aren't completed well. The software has a ton of potential, but you can tell the company is still figuring out how to keep the apps running properly across different platforms. There are also some strangely missing features that you might think should be obvious in this kind of program.

Pros

I love being able to create custom lists to fit all kinds of purposes. Having employees log in and earn points is cool too. It's nice to look back and see who did what.

Cons

The app can get extremely slow. There are extra features in their Jolt 2 app, but it is a buggy mess that crashes to the point of not being usable. There isn't a good way to leave comments on items without flagging the item as something that needs to be addressed and cleared.

Erica H.

My experience with Jolt has been amazing. The team made the setup of our 3 locations a breeze.

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

Pros

The support you get from the Jolt Team is great. They are quick to respond to any questions or concerns. Scheduling now takes us half the time it did before. We manage multiple stores in two states and this system has made us much more efficient and able to hold our team accountable for task that need to be completed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. We also save time and money on training and daily operations by using the Jolt dating system and printer.

Cons

Our goal with Jolt was to eliminate paper (Time off request, School Schedules, Checklist, etc.) and it has been able to do that for us. The last thing we are converting to paperless is our cup count form. Travis was able to help us build one in Jolt but it would be even better if the list would calculate the totals. To setup up everything does take time but the bulk importing and ability to assign list to multiple locations makes it much easier.

Ryan M.
Industry: Food Production

Jolt has helped us create accountability in specific areas of the business.

Reviewed on 31/05/2017

Labels and one consolidated place for checklists.

Pros

The interface is smooth, and users who are completing a checklist or task are able "check off" items with ease. It can be set up to be crystal clear on the expectation and purpose of a specific checklist. It allows all checklists, daily, weekly, monthly tasks, etc. to be in one consolidated place. E-mails can be generated and sent to key-leaders with not only the results of a checklist, but if a checklist is late, or has not been completed. As a high-level leader who is not in the operation daily, this helps me track our progress and put a pulse on the accountability my leadership team is holding the team to.

Cons

The end result is the best - all checklists in one place. The creation process can seem daunting, but once you have the hang of it, it is relatively easy.

Jessica N.
Industry: Restaurants

Jolt has helped me not have to micromanage

Reviewed on 02/12/2019

Pros

You can make it whatever you want. We have opening, mid day, and closing checklists. We also you use it for inventory and employee meetings as it is able to send out notifications to managers.

The customer service we have had is quick and thorough.

Cons

Nothing. It is exactly what it says it is.

Toni M.

Going Digital

Reviewed on 17/03/2017

We just recently started using JOLT in our facility. The process to build checklists and temp logs was painless. Adam has been a great support with weekly follow ups and always available in between those check points for any additional assistance. We are running JOLT out of one restaurant right now just to work out any kinks and ensure our team has a solid grasp on the program. The program is easy to use, especially with using the bluetooth thermometer that automatically records temps right to the ipad with a push of a button. Since adding adding JOLT we have reduced the time it takes a cook to record temps by over 50% and our cold food complaints have reduced and food quality scores have risen. Here are a few suggestions and requests that we would like to be added or available in the near future. 1) a thermal bluetooth thermometer 2) a dashboard feature for the Review category, it would be great to have one spot with key information 3) email capabilities for reports and graphs 4) adding an alert function for when the ipad has not synched in an X amount of hours or days 5) offering an ipad carry case with a neck/shoulder strap. We found one that is durable and the manager or chef can wear carry on them while making rounds, it is the best thing. When it is sitting on the desk, it is out of sight out of mind lists were always overdue or not completed. since getting the shoulder strap, our completion percentage continues to go up. We look forward to adding our next location and starting them on using JOLT soon.

Solomon F.
Industry: Environmental Services

excellent performance management software

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

we have improved performance and productivity increased by 25% in last year. we will expect our productivity and job performance to increase over 35% this year

Pros

the software is easy to use and very good value for money spend for a performance management software as well as attendance management and administrative program.

Cons

the software is working only with apple devices only. I would like them to start this software available on android

Rodrigo M.

Awesome tool

Reviewed on 10/10/2016

We have been using Jolt for the past year and it has significantly improved the quality of our operations. Not having to do any paperwork and having easy access to our files has made my job as a manager much easier.
We have training modules for our associates, we can control our food temperatures better to be in compliance with the health department, we can assess the quality of the restaurant operations and much more.
I am very satisfied with the support we have from Jolt whenever we have an issue or we need to add or remove lists.

Pros

It has made my job as a manager more easy.

Cons

There is sometimes when it takes a little longer to load the lists, but it could just be the wifi connection.

Shauna D.

Jolt has transferred the responsibility of completing tasks to the employee.

Reviewed on 15/05/2017

Pros

The options when it comes to making checklists. Notifications to the employee and supervisor. The time clock and time off functions. Making the lists have transferred the responsibility to be on the employee instead of the supervisor having to check on tasks constantly.

Cons

Not being able to create specific assignments per employee without having to assign each an individual role. Don't like that other employees can't see when other people are off without publishing the schedule.

Brooke S.
Industry: Restaurants

I have been looking forever for software that had all of the functions that Jolt has.

Reviewed on 31/01/2018

Pros

I love the accountability that Jolt creates for my staff. The label maker is great. I also like that I can get a notification if one of my coolers is not holding temp.

Cons

There are a couple of features that I would really like to see added. The first would be a timer that you could set inside of the lists. For example, when we are cooling hot foods, we have to take temps at specific times and track them. Right now we have to set an external timer and it would be a cool addition to be able to do that all in 1 spot. The second would be to have the ability to copy a list template and modify it from the clone to another template. We have lots of lists that are very similar in the setting we need and just repeat on a different day, like daily cleaning tasks, and it is somewhat time consuming to create each template from scratch.

Neeru P.

Reviewed on 01/06/2018

Pros

Easy to track products . Easy to track the time & the date that when some one prep & who was the employ

Cons

We like everything about Jolt except we are having some technical issues . Its keep saying software update . I tried to reboot iPad but its still pooing out every time.

Carrie C.
Industry: Food & Beverages

We use Jolt as a task management software.

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

We benefitted from Jolt by being able to eliminate the clutter of paper checklists, track team member progress, and communicate more efficiently.

Pros

Jolt has streamlined our task-management and reduced our need for paper checklists, handbooks, and documents, reducing clutter. It is useful to have as a means of employee communication.

Cons

This software can be a bit confusing to learn, including learning how to navigating through all of the features.

Mark K.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Jolt Feedback

Reviewed on 24/03/2017

We use Jolt for everything and really helps us keep on task. The costumer service is over the top too. very urgent and helpful.

Pros

The versatility and price

Cons

Some of the copy over features when copying from one content group to another makes it difficult.

Rich R.

Great Benefits Low Cost

Reviewed on 28/03/2017

I love Jolt. The benefits far outweigh the cost. If I had to give a critique, I would recommend adding the ability to do disciplinary writeups for staff as well. Besides that it has everything I need.

Pros

Onborading, Postings, Evaluations, Forms

Cons

Inability to create disciplinary actions within app. User friendliness is not as high as I would like. It took me months to figure out all the benefits of this software.

Jessica A.
Industry: Veterinary

Jolt makes training fast and easy

Reviewed on 31/03/2017

Jolt has totally changed our training process. Instead of primarily using verbal training we can now create training manuals, quizzes, checklists and performance reviews in jolt to assure that every new employee receives the same training and documentation. Total game changer!

Pros

How easy it is to create a new list and add employees.

Cons

It can be difficult to delete a lost from the daily to-do checklist once it has been added

Jonathan L.

Very easy to use. Great tool for success.

Reviewed on 29/08/2017

simple tasks are easy to check on, and the app is very accessable from an ipad or phone.

Pros

The scheduling is very easy to use and i also like the picture feature. There are not words to say how i feel.

Jordan L.
Industry: Restaurants

Chick-fil-a Roswell Town Center Loves Jolt!

Reviewed on 16/02/2017

The user-friendly Jolt has greatly helped our Chick-fil-a become an even more efficient and effective business. Through the Bluetooth labeling our kitchen has been able to save time and reduce waste. The checklist feature has been a great accountability tool with our team and enables us to be consistent in our processes. The customer support at Jolt has been excellent and I whole hardheartedly recommend this product to any business!

Pros

I like how user-friendly Jolt is. I love the Bluetooth labeling and the checklist feature. I love how it alerts you by email or text message when a checklist isn't completed on time.

Cons

We sometimes have a little trouble receiving the text message notifications but I spoke with a Jolt representative today and they are working to resolve those issues.

Cyrus W.
Industry: Hospitality
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Speedy Deployment

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

just begin using, to be verified

Pros

1. Ease to use
2. Fast Deployment
3. Support Offline mode (iPad)
4. Custom made for inspection
5. Easy to share manual

Cons

1. Lack of user right control on web console (especially on privilege setting for checklist, somehow to follow up user is not iPad user)
2. Lack of API for system integration
3. AD authentication
4. Upload file on web / select photo on mobile device (instead of taking)
5. Weak on data analysis (Browse List / Grid View can't be filtered by content of checklist)
6. Empower the iPhone version (list beta)
7. (List) Location check-in by GPS or iBeacon
8. Review / Approval progress on checklist

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Amairani F.

Jolt Review

Reviewed on 24/04/2017

A very helpful tool that we use is the label function and creating list. Recently, we have really enjoyed scheduling a business quarterly review and learning what more we can do with using Jolt.

Pros

Labels , Lists, Schedule

Cons

n/a

Jennifer R.
Industry: Restaurants

very functional- easy to use- Amazing customer support.

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

employees know what they are supposed to be doing and what is required of them. Managers can communicate important things that happen on their shifts as they happen.

Pros

I love that my employees can use the system on their cell phone or on the desk top this helps them with their daily to-do lists.

Extremely helpful and extremely easy to use

Reviewed on 01/06/2018

Increasing productivity with my associates by giving them lists of tasks that need to be completed daily.

Pros

I love the functionality and features that this software brings to my business. It saves myself and my associates so much time everyday and we are able to be more productive because of the software. I love the digital temperature logs I am able to do through jolt.

Cons

I wish the jolt lite app allowed internal communications between all associates. This would allow my associates to trade shifts easier and communicate with one another from smart phones which are more common these days than laptops or tablets.

Tiffany H.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Jolt is a great feature to add to any business!

Reviewed on 04/11/2016

Jolt is great from a task management standpoint, there are so many things that need to be managed within our company and it has helped us bridge the gaps between our retail stores and culinary center checklists.

My favorite feature about this application is the time clock; when team members are looking to complete opening shifts or closing shifts, Jolt allows the checklists to be displayed at the appropriate times for those shifts.

The expansion and organization of all our company's departments lists will benefit tremendously from Jolt.

Jolt is very user friendly and has a seamless interface. The company and customer service has been a pleasure to work with from start to finish.