ServiceTitan

Management Software for Service Contractors.

3.8/5

• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Office Manager

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

I don't have a lot of negative things to say about Service Titan, our company as a whole has seen improvements at all levels. We are very happy that we made the jump to Service Titan and look forward to the additional releases.

Pros

We are a growing Plumbing & HVAC company and we were looking for solutions to be more in line with today's digital world. We love the call booking and dispatch notifications to customers. It allows customer's to know exactly when to expect their technician. Our CSR and Dispatch love the incoming call information for existing customer's that pre-populates for them, it allows us to give a personal touch when answering the phone and gives the customer a great experience. Our Service Manager loves the Dashboard and reporting, it allows him to see exactly where the technician's are at throughout the month and allows him to provide coaching when needed to help his teams reach goals. We recently starting using the timesheets within Service Titan as well - this has allowed us to manage our technician's time with ease and the technician's no longer have to try to remember where they were and at what time. There are so many features and we love the fact that Service Titan listens to their Customers/Users and are always working to improve their existing features and adding more features to make their user experience exceptional.

Cons

Follow-Up Section and Memberships need updating, but Service Titan has listened to their users are in the process of providing updates to these features. Payroll/Timesheets needs to be more versitle and needs customization, but again Service Titan is working on this as well.

Response from ServiceTitan

Angelia,

Stacy

• Customer Support Software

Best Decision I made in 13 years of Business!

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

Life Changing - I wish that was describable better but one day I signed up and the next 18 months have changed my business life, which always changes you and your life, bettered my team, allowed me to hire even through COVID and the winters and keep growing and growing. It also gave us EXCELLENT tools to improve our customer experience. That matters!

Pros

Service Titan has exceptional software development, beyond features that I could have even thought of wanting, and they have truly helped us increase our revenue by almost $1M in sales in a year, but the PEOPLE of this company make ALL the difference. I don't know how to fit everything I love about my Titan Family into this box! ST integrates with everything, so if it isn't an already integration it has open API - it will work. But the core product I promise is going to change your business life.

Cons

I think the only con someone could say is that there is so much to the software that it's not going to go from - 100% use overnight. But that's not even a con to me, fully engage with each step and the next will make more sense.

FieldEdge

Reasons for Choosing ServiceTitan

At first it was pure Faith, I knew people I trusted and looked up to were using Service Titan and although they were more expensive I decided that after about 3 -4 years on my other software improvements weren't being made and the information I needed was so limited I wouldn't be able to really use the data I had to make better decisions. Then after my demo seeing what I didn't know could be, completely sold me.

Service Fusion

Reasons for Switching to ServiceTitan

There were many factors, but I couldn't get past the fact that in a software for the trades that there wasn't a place for job notes and that the solution was to create an item and have our techs add that to each invoice and then write in a description. I figured if that wasn't already WELL developed the rest of what I didn't know wasn't good.

Response from ServiceTitan

Stacy,

It means so much that you took time out of your day to write a review. We're beyond thrilled that ServiceTitan has helped you and your business. Please keep all of the feedback and suggestions coming. And thank you for serving your community on the front lines during these difficult times!

Hunter

False Promises and Never Ending Issues

Reviewed on 15/04/2020

False Promises and lack of responsibility is probably the most accurate description I could give to service Titan. We started our implementation back in December and finally went live after a very long drawn out process in March. We have since had a never ending list of problems. The only options given to us at times is to message our success manager who seems way to busy to responding in a week or use technical support which also seems to be a waste because they can never fix anything and have to send it up to someone else who might reason back to you in a week and still have no solution.
I feel like the product is only partial complete. We are experiencing issues like have entire calls not show up on our dispatch board after a feature was turned on. Even though these calls were booked and confirmed but the only way we find out we missed a call is when a customer calls mad that they waited all day for us but we have no idea.
Other major data transition issues which I have had 3 full time employees try to fix some of the issues manually to try to stay in business because the response time on any of the data technicians is 1 week. Then to find out the data technicians will wipe out everything back to the stone ages again and again or just create some entirely new problem.
Their so called data technician seem to not understand simple MySQL database calls in order to retrieve your data. I leaned how to export my data from MySQL watching free tutorials on YouTube. BTW I am an

Pros

I like the notion of better reporting. easier dispatch system, a new type of price book, call tracking

Cons

Never ending issues with getting any issues resolved. The implementation people just want to rush you in and out and avoid all the problems. The Success managers are too busy to fix any problems and you are stuck fending for yourself. At the same time dealing with angry customers.

Response from ServiceTitan

Hi Hunter,

We're so sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback with our Implementation and Success our team. Feedback really helps us improve our business We're working hard to improve our offerings and deliver an overall better customer experience. We look forward to better serving you and helping your business, especially during these difficult times.

Haley

• Customer Support Software

Great product - not right for us.

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

Overall, it is a great program and has a lot of functionality that is beneficial. For our company, it came down to the cost and amenities we were receiving for that cost. Support lacked (when we used the software) and we ran into issues a lot without feeling like we had the support to help us resolve the issues. Between this and cost - it drove us to find another software platform.

Pros

I loved the capabilities ServiceTitan gave us for communicating with customers, the ease of scheduling and dispatching, tracking of maintenance agreements, etc. Overall usage was great. The cost is significant for what you get, in my opinion. They do not typically take smaller companies as they are "not the right fit." We ended up transitioning to another platform that had almost all the same capabilities for a fraction of the cost. With getting basically all the same amenities, it was worth it in a cost aspect.

Cons

Before starting with ServiceTitan, it was as if you couldn't get them to leave you alone, but after starting with them at times it was difficult to even get a hold of someone for anything. Our support member would get changed on us and we wouldn't even know - so we would be trying to contact no one basically. It has been a while since we used this software so I don't know if this has changed, but at the time this was very frustrating.

Housecall Pro, FieldEdge, mHelpDesk, ServiceBox, and RazorSync

Reasons for Choosing ServiceTitan

We were looking for something more up to date and offered more capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to ServiceTitan

At the time, it seemed the best fitting for our company and was recommended to us by another contractor.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We love hearing from our customers. Our mission is to provide cutting edge tools for the trades that are both easy to use and dramatically improve your operations. While we might have not been the right software for you at this time, we're happy to hear that you loved ServiceTitan. We hope to better serve you in the future.

JoAnne
  • Industry: Utilities

Great Software and Great Service

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Overall its been great.

Overall its been great.

Pros

I work from the office side and I've had to learn how to do the field side from the office side and the ability to work around how the program was intended to be used has been very easy. ServiceTitan has been made aware of the fact that not all people in the field will find it easy to work with and will need support from the office side. The office side also has to be able to work around the limitations of the employee permission settings due to the companies management preference's and ServiceTitan has made that easier to do. ServiceTitan has made it easier to fix mistakes that employees make without canceling and rebuilding jobs or add an estimate to an existing job. I have found it easy to work with, I enjoy it, I wish I was in a position that I could use more of it's capabilities, especially the accounting side.

Cons

Like all web based programs it comes with some challenges.

Erin

It's Ok

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

I think it is ok so far, lots of new things I am learning but it is ok.

I think it is ok so far, lots of new things I am learning but it is ok.

Pros

It's easy to do certain things on there but I feel it's easy to maneuver if you are a dispatcher, being a preventive maintenance coordinator it has it's flaws.

Cons

I don't like the recurring service task because it doesn't have a lot of information. You have to dig deeper in a account to make sure we have the right information.

Response from ServiceTitan

Hi Erin, Thank you so much for taking time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on making our platform easy to learn and intuitive to use, and during those times when it's not, our great support team is always here to assist. Looking forward to continuing to help your business grow.

Jennifer

I love Service Titan!

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

I think they are great people and always looking for ways to improve on their functions!

Pros

I love how easy my follow up tab is and all of the ways that I can sort through customers and jobs.

Cons

The maintenance side of things is super confusing and not easily sorted. It makes my co-worker's job really hard.

Response from ServiceTitan

Hi Jennifer, Thanks so much for taking time to review us and providing us with feedback. We love hearing from our customers! We're thrilled you found ServiceTitan useful and easy to use. Your feedback is essential in helping us improve our service and look forward to continuing to serve you with the best solution available!

Amy

• Customer Support Software

The only field service software you'll ever need!

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Our business has grown since using ServiceTitan and as owners, we can see what is going on in our business day to day from anywhere.

Pros

ServiceTitan has more features and capability of anything else out there for the home services industry.

Cons

Their customer support could be improved. It is often difficult to get support in a timely manner.

Geoffrey

The best in the Home Services industry

Reviewed on 27/09/2021

I appreciate having such a powerful tool in our toolkit. It's nice to have more than a CRM.

Pros

The all in one capacity and potential of the software. The ability to manage everything from one place.

Cons

Customer Service takes a while to solve issues and communicate. The Marketing Pro feature can use some improvement, though it's far above what the competitors offer.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to ServiceTitan

The best out there for Home Services. It's customized for our industry.
Jeff

Quality Program and User Friendly

Reviewed on 05/10/2023

I'm extremely satisfied

I'm extremely satisfied

Pros

The speed and accuracy of reporting is second to none. It's extremely user friendly. Tech support is fantastic.

Cons

Lots of steps and hard to correct mistakes

Response from ServiceTitan

Thank you, Jeff! We appreciate the kind words and we are honored to have played a part in your business journey. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional feedback about your experience with ServiceTitan.

Sheena

Great Business Software!

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

It's is a continuous learning experience using ServiceTitan because the platform is always evolving!

Pros

ServiceTitan is the tool we use to make our business more profitable by automating what can be automated so we can focus on our Service Performance and building lifelong relationships with our clients!

Cons

With any software, there will always be bugs and glitches; this is my least favorite thing about the software.

Response from ServiceTitan

Hi Sheena, Thanks for your feedback. We couldn't be happier to hear about your success and all of the ways ServiceTitan has helped your business grow. We believe it's essential that the men and women of the trades have a cutting-edge platform built especially to help them run their businesses more effectively and connect better with their customers. That's why we're always listening to feedback, and constantly taking the steps to improve our software. Please keep providing your feedback. It helps us continue to evolve and keep pace with the amazing companies we serve.

Kayla
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A Change to the Future

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

ServiceTitan has changed the game for us. It has set the bar high and the standards even higher. The on-boarding wasn't the easiest, but that was just because some people can not adapt to change very well. The software itself has helped not only increase our sales, but has allowed us to market and advertise even better by the capabilities of tracking. Things that you would not even think to run a report on are already there at your fingertips. Having the technicians able to run their day is an added bonus and an all around morale booster because they feel responsible and they do not feel like they have to be babysat anymore. The change from paper to tablet has been an amazing added bonus because people right now are advanced with the technology, they want to be able to do everything on their phone, and ServiceTitan allows that. Notifications and reminders alone have been great and have allowed almost a 80% increase in customers actually being home and remembering their appointments. This software is absolutely amazing when it comes to memberships! Tracking, reporting, reminding, and even renewing memberships is a complete game changer with this software. All in all, we have come to the conclusion that if you are not on ServiceTitan, you are really missing out.

Pros

The technology, it will completely set you aside from the rest of the industry. Sending out Bio's, pictures, and the capabilities to track who is coming to your home and when straight from your fingertips is the best satisfaction return from our customers.

Cons

Is this even a question? I think our only complaint is little things that at the end of the day comes down to workflow ways and not so much on ServiceTitan.

Ron
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Over promised under delivered

Reviewed on 06/09/2023

Their customer support is horrible to say the least, the tech support team does not know the product and often times I know more about how it operates than they do. Getting a knowledgeable person on the phone is like pulling teeth. I have been paying full price for a product that works about 70%.

Pros

The program has a lot of potential, however the simplest problems they cannot seem to get right. The dispatch portion works well. The ability to create alerts and checklists works well

Cons

The invoices don't calculate correctly on the labor side which can cost a company a lot of money unless they are micromanaging each technician's invoice. All estimates are labeled "home contract" even if it is going to a commercial customer. This seems like an easy fix, yet it's two years they haven't fixed it.

kristen

Service Titan is the best

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

I love service titan and all the the ways that every employee in our company uses it.

Pros

I just appreciate all the features that service titan has and how they all integrate together. I really appreciate the fact that it communicates with our all company Excel spreadsheet and updates all of our sales in there. We use Intacct for our accounting software and exporting from ST to that is great.

Cons

The only thing that I really don't like about Service Titan is that there are some glitches that happen every once in awhile that have us scratching our heads. I do realize that these things happen in life and as long as things can be fixed I am ok with it.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thank you so much for leaving us this wonderful review. We appreciate your feedback and continued partnership, Kristen!

Wes
Wes

Stay Away!

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

We knew we would be making a large investment to learn the software. We negotiated pricing upfront that was to be in force 'forever' and 'in perpetuity' Now that we have invested years and tens of thousands of dollars of our resources hiring outside consultants to help us we were informed that service titan would be jacking our pricing up 35%, with more to follow. When we brought up the agreed upon pricing and terms they basically said yeah we know but screw you, we got you where we want you now. The best description of their 'onboarding process' would be- You buy a spaceship on amazon, a few days later the spaceship shows up. Inside the spaceship is a note that reads to learn how to fly this spaceship visit our youtube channel. Sounds ridiculous but this is what they do. Save yourself the trouble and STEER CLEAR of this company

Pros

The sales pitch was great. Thats about it

Cons

Software is very glitchy, goes down often, customer support is terrible at best (they just tell you basically to ask other users how to use it) Onboarding was awful, and they lie and are unethical

Maria

ST for All Contractors

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

ServiceTitan is extremely easy to use. All processes are designed to get things done quickly. And you can use the system from anywhere.

Pros

I love that the engineers of the software are constantly changing it to better the software. Then there is a notification of what has changed and how it will benefit the user moving forward.

Cons

This is a simi-difficult questions. There's not a lot to dislike about the software, changes occur so frequently that most users are able to adapt to the new of the software and forget about what was bad. I personally feel that ST engineers take the feedback left on their community page and work to improve the flaws that users point out.

Response from ServiceTitan

Maria,

Wow! Thanks so much for the awesome review.

Dawn

Surpassed our revenue goals

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

We surpassed our company-wide revenue goals in the third quarter of this year. I truly believe that we would not have been able to do this without ServiceTitan. We are able to provide better service to our customers. Phone integration puts the customer's information and service history at our fingertips. Booking confirmation and automatic appointment reminders free upMobile Dispatching allows customers to track the arrival of their technicians. Greensky financing and a good, better, best pricing is helping our technicians sell more in the field. We are better able to manage our maintenance contracts. What's not to love?

Pros

Ease of use, Dashboard Revenue Tracking, Multi-tasking, Customer Experience, ServiceTitan is constantly working to improve and develop the platform. The technical support in resolving issues is easy, fast and responsive.

Cons

Batching and exporting invoices and payments to Quickbooks is cumbersome at best. I wish reporting were more clear and flexible. Even with custom reporting, we sometimes have to run multiple reports to get the information we need.

Response from ServiceTitan

Dawn,

Thanks for taking time to review ServiceTitan.

We love hearing stories like yours, about how ServiceTitan has helped your business grow and has made your life easier. It's what motivates all 400+ of us to strive each day to keep improving and to be as extraordinary as the companies who rely on ServiceTitan.

No Ability to Track Contacts..only customers

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Pros

Service Titan is really easy to use. And its cloud-based so our team can be running the business from anywhere in the world. Reporting and text alert to our customers are some of the best features.

Cons

Service Titan so not have the ability to track Contacts. Only customers. This is a flaw in the program in our opinion. We have had to keep our old dated CRM for this feature. And the price. You pay a premium for Service Titan. Lots and lots of features and benefits..but you pay for them.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thanks for your feedback. We love that you find ServiceTitan so easy to use.

You're right that to add in a contact's information, you'll create a new customer. The good news is that you're not required to book a job for this person at that time. This is great because if that contact ever calls back, you'll see who's calling with all of the information about that person.

ServiceTitan also allows you to add custom fields to the customer page. These custom fields are searchable and can be added as a KPI through our reporting module.

We hope this helps, but feel free to reach out to your success manager if you need any further information.

JD

Over Hyped

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Poor start up process - they basically give you a library of videos... and charge you for implementation. Staff is friendly, overall. I feel like there were additional costs after the initial sale.

Pros

Web based is great. We were previously hosting our own database and having ability to have full function, easily, from any location is great.

Cons

I am quite frankly let down by the software. I have heard many other people in the industry rave about the programs abilities. Let's be clear, there is nothing unique this software does that old software's from the 90s didn't do. The difference is, there is less of learning curve. Again, web based gives abilities to do more from anywhere vs a locally hosted database system. Service Titan has maximized on marketing, making this false sense that their product is somehow unique and special. If you need to contact support, its a 30-60 minute wait. The awkward steps to do "one-off" custom priced invoices is annoying and more difficult than it should be. Its incredibly expensive. I really don't get the big draw.

Response from ServiceTitan

Hi JD, I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our software and our customer support. We have designed our software to improve your efficiency and streamline your business operations from anywhere. We appreciate your feedback. We have contacted your customer success manager and the support department with your feedback. Someone will be reaching out to you shortly. Thank you again for your feedback. We're working hard to improve our offerings and deliver an overall better customer experience.

Joe

Great Software!

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

job costing, field time management

job costing, field time management

Pros

Being able to use the mobile side for pricing and invoicing jobs

Cons

Hard to learn how to use but worth it and won't consider any other software

Housecall Pro

More features and benefits
  • Industry: Building Materials

• Customer Support Software

Could be so much better.

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

We were quite unhappy unfortunately. We had heard so many great reviews about Service Titan and we were excited to grow our company with them. We have always been a relatively small company and they knew this. I think if we were a much larger organization this would have ended differently and we may still be in business with Service Titan. Sadly, The amount of use we had, the quality of customer support and help, and the actions of our account manager, just were not worth the astronomical price they charged us.

Pros

It was simple to use after the initial set up.

Cons

Set up was a nightmare, Cost is too high for the quality of support you get, Our account manager was not helpful at all when we had questions, it seemed that once we got set up and went live, she thought her job was done. There were so many issues that kept going unresolved and couldnt get fixed we finally had to cancel services. We gave them a whole year of business and we still had issues that couldnt/wouldnt be fixed.

Henry
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Robust Software for the Plumbing/Building/HVAC industry.

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

Overall, the experience has been great. We haven't found better software to manage our day-to-day HVAC and Plumbing operations.

Pros

I use it everyday for a plethora of things. I manage the leads I'm working with, the quotes I've left for customers, work done in the past for a certain address. I manage the revenue I've generated for the day, week, month. I track which marketing campaigns are the most effective in bringing in more customers so that way I can invest more money into that stream.

Cons

Downtime, downtime, downtime. There seems to be a fair amount of routine maintenance. Secondly, sometimes the interface updates without notice and it takes time to adjust to the changes.

Anthony
Anthony

• Customer Support Software

Separate yourself from your competition!

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

We have been on for a year now and there is no way we would go back. Set-up and transition were hard, but well worth it in the end.

Pros

The customer side of this software is a difference maker. The automated appointment reminder texts and emails, the text and emails sent when we dispatch, and the map for our customers to see real time arrival of our plumbers are incredible.

Cons

The only down side we have seen is that the reports and tracking in Service Titan are mainly geared towards a commission based pay system and we do not pay on commission. Even with that we have found ways to get the information we need.

Response from ServiceTitan

Anthony,

Thank you for taking the time to review ServiceTitan.

It's an honor to work with companies like yours that are paving the future for other contractors. We appreciate your partnership as we continue to adapt to find new opportunities for hard-working home service shops.

Miranda

Service Titan is great!

Reviewed on 11/03/2022

Pros

This software is user-friendly, it can adapt to whatever situation you may need. It has many customizations.

Cons

The reports can be difficult to sift through when looking for specific information, tech support can be hit or miss. Each job has appointments, and for some of our larger construction projects, there are multiple appointments, when you need to remove a job form hold, you have to scroll to the appointment and it does not load very quickly and puts the appointment at the bottom.

Taylor

Great for Service Industries

Reviewed on 20/01/2020

Pros

Been using ServiceTitan since 2016. Constant improvements, great customer support, and a vital part of our office running smoothly.

Cons

Batching invoices over to QB and sometimes issues with card swipers.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thank you, Taylor, for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We're happy to hear that ServiceTitan has helped tremendously improve your organization's and it's a vital part of your operations. We're committed to making ServiceTitan the best software solution for contractors. That means talking to our customers, listening to their feedback, and constantly improving. Thank you for your support and for making your voice heard. We're excited to continue partnering with you.