Showing 251 reviews of 247

Patriot Accounting

Online accounting software made for American businesses

4.7 /5 (247 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 251 reviews of 247
Brittany N.
  • Industry: Government Administration

My experience with Patriot Accounting

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

My overall experience with Patriot Accounting is remarkable since it has eradicated accounting errors.

Pros

The way Patriot Accounting enables me to automate all accounting at ease is the best aspect ever on my user end.

Cons

I hardly come across hindrances when using Patriot Accounting, and I use it on a daily basis at workstation.

Craig P.

Basic Accounting Software, but it gets the job done

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Very good. The customer service is superb. They answer the phone and are very helpful. If they don't know an answer, they find it out and get back to you. Email support is good too. The software is pretty basic compared to Quickbooks but if you don't need all those fancy features as I don't, it gets the job done. And the price is much better than Quickbooks. They have a bank reconciliation module, but I don't use it. Highly recommend for small businesses.

Pros

Started out on the package almost 5 years ago. It was pretty basic then, Patriot has added a steady stream of features to it each year. We don't use a lot of them however. I like the dashboard. If you are using the Payroll module, it's totally seamless integration. No frills accounting but that's ok because that's all I need.

Cons

Can't put a check number on a Quick Pay when you are running it. I use manual checks and there's not way to do that, except by putting the check number in the notes. If you are using printed check stock, that would not be an issue. Reporting is a little thin, but it gets the job done. The Financial statement is a little weird how it calculates owner's equity but my accountant reviewed the numbers and said it is correct. If you have accrued liabilities, They use "modified cash basis" which it also odd vs. Cash Basis. No Statement available to send out to customers.

Kelvin B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

K. Baker Review for Accounting Software

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Great tool for Small Businesses

Pros

Easy to Setup and Management. Critical Part of us receiving a PPP Loan.

Cons

Expand the program to allow project based billing and invoicing.

Dietmar B.

Beutifully executed software

Reviewed on 10/01/2021

I really could not be happier. What a contrast to Quickbooks.

Pros

Ease of use, logic rules. It matches my small business needs.

Cons

Create a file where I can pull pre written messages for quotes and alike from

Bernadette P.

Great software for small business

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Overall stellar service and database

Pros

User friendly options and customer service

Cons

There really wasn’t much that I’ve come across that I did not like

Jeff C.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great Price. Not intuitive, but gets the job done

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Patriot seems like a payroll company which later added accounting. The payroll module is so easy to use and they appear to have thought of everything. The accounting module is much more quirky and seems a bit haphazzard. But their people are friendly and accomodating, so hopefully, they will up their game on the accounting side. From a price standpoint, you can't beat them for an on-line program that can be shared among users (staff, bookkeeper, attorneys, etc).

Pros

We switched from QuickBooks and that process was fairly easy, along with great support from Patriot. That's the best part of the software - the people at Patriot. They are prompt, attentive, and seem genuinely interested in improving their product. A close second is the Payroll product. It is ridiculously easy to use and far less expensive the most other on-line payroll services.

Cons

It is not intuitive. For example, if you just want to look at your general checkbook ledger, you cannot just click on an icon. You have to go to reports and then find the one that says "account balances." There are a number of things that make sense after you do them (voiding or deleting a check is a multistep process), but it's frustrating trying to find them. One of the biggest head scratchers is that printing a three-part check only prints on two parts of the check. That seems like a pretty basic item to fix, but it's still only two-parts.

Larry Z.

Great to Use

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

We were in the process of talking about going back to Quick Books and decided to stay with Patriot because of costs and ease of getting live help

Pros

Ease of getting into program

Ease of. getting help

Great to work with when calling in

Cons

When trying to get to certain options on the side to use, hard to maneuver to where you want to go

Victor E.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great!

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

my overall experience with Patriot Accounting it has been amazing! I literaly started my own business with them!

Pros

this is a great product for someone that is either new to the accounting business, there is a "how to" video in every part of the software.

Cons

there is not much to say about this topic, however some older generation would appreciate a desktop version

Paulina N.

It is a user-friendly cloud-based accounting system for small business owners and accountants.

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

What I liked about it that it was quick and easy to use. The software did all the accounting jobs such as bill pay, paid contractors and vendors accurately, tracked the payments, and generated reports. It is great that it is available in the form of application.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It allows to track customer invoices, pay bills, print forms and pay vendors. It also integrates with other Patriot products, such as Patriot payroll. One of the awesome features allows users to create default prices for products and services and specify the sales tax rate. In addition there is also a view of unpaid invoices and record payments from customers. In the report section users can track account balances, view balance sheets, profit and loss statements, vendor payments and more. This system is available in the form of application as well which is great, you can access your data from anywhere anytime.

Cons

I experience some problems at the beginning with setting up the system, however, there are videos available for trouble shooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and responsive.

Nancy C.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

accounting

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

While I like the initial attempt Patriot has with their software and really liked that they even did a zoom call with me a few months back to get my ideas on what I'd like to see, it's still just not as functional as I'm needing for accounting software. I was hoping to stop using my old software just so I could consolidate programs a bit, but the functionality is just not there yet, and my current accounting software has all the features I need (and it's free, so that's a plus.)

Pros

I liked that I could categorize different items and link to both credit cards and bank accounts

Cons

I did not like that I could not bulk-categorize transactions, even when they were identical like a recurring charge. I also would like to be able to manage multiple businesses from the same account.

Debbie F.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 14/01/2021

I love the name, and love that it can produce my payroll easily. Every interaction with one of your employees has been successful and satisfactory.

Pros

PS easily helps me to accomplish producing my Payroll and tracking the financial history of my employees.
I greatly appreciate that there is always a person to talk with within five minutes of when I called. There is no substitute for that. They are knowledgeable, friendly and always helpful.

Cons

Since I am somebody coming not coming from a financial background at all it would’ve been helpful to give me a list of what I needed to do when I first signed up that would walk me through how to accomplish my goals, instead, I had to put the pieces of the puzzle together myself. It all did turn out fine but it was stressful for me.

Also, there is no one report that will show me on a daily or weekly or even monthly Basis just on a single line what each of my employees brings in, gross income.

I’ve not been able to get assistance figuring out how to do that so I have to do it on a separate ledger myself.

Brian M.

Easy to use and offers a lot

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

It has been a huge upgrade coming from using spreadsheets on my own. The interface is easy to learn and there is always a good help page to show how to get started.

Pros

The thing I liked the most about Patriot Software was that it was easy to implement and learn how to use. I looked at other software for payroll and accounting but it seemed to have a lot of features I didn't need and it made the learning process confusing for those programs.

Cons

At first it was hard to link my credit union for the accounting portion but eventually I was able to do it. One other issue I was having was when I created an estimate there was no way to go back and edit it once it was created; you had to delete it and start a new estimate.

Judith G.

New to the product

Reviewed on 20/01/2021

I am extremely pleased with the program/software, and generally I am able to figure out how to resolve input on my own (but not always)

Pros

The software is very user friendly, however, I still need instruction as to ALL of the functions that I ought to be utilizing, and currently do not.

Cons

I have NO cons about the software because I don't know what I don't know right now. I wish there was someone to guide me through the programs - specifically tailored to my particular application (for contracting).

Dj W.

Perfect for Tracking 1099 Subcontractor Payments

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Fantastic. Their customer support - whether on the phone or through the chat feature - is top notch. Very responsive, friendly and knowledgeable people.

Pros

Patriot Accounting is the best tool I've used for tracking 1099 subcontractor payments throughout the year and producing the necessary end of year forms for tax filings.

Cons

I only use the quick pay features and reporting in the accounting software

Eric L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best Price in the market

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

Overall has made me spend less time on the computer which is perfect.

Pros

All of the services are easy to use. They software is very on top of all the newer features that most business owners like and want. Plus the price is perfect.

Cons

The only thing I really wish they could do it integrate with more software then what they do.

Gus L.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great product

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

it is great, never any issues and easy to use.

Pros

I utilize the software to manage payroll, tax reporting, and other accounting functions.

Cons

nothing, it is easy to use and meets my companies needs.

Connie L.

Great

Customer Service is great

Pros

It is not to robust for a small businees

Cons

paying invoices is not smooth. would be nice to pay deposit instead of the whole invoice

Michelle J.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Perfect for Small Business

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

Overall, Patriot Accounting has been very efficient and adequate for my payroll needs for both employees, subcontractors and vendors. I definitely appreciate that they take care of the hassles of filing reports with all the specific areas of government (unemployment, SS taxes, Medicare taxes, Federal taxes, etc.) I also appreciate that they make it easy to file 1099s and W-3/W-2s.

Pros

Patriot Software is easy to setup, easy to use, and they handle all the reports and payments to government. I like the direct deposit feature for payments to guarantee a proven transaction record for all payments.

Cons

I don't like the 3-business day delay in debits and direct deposits, nor do I like the extra fee if I need it sooner.

Brianna P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Patriot Payroll

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

This is cost-effective and sold spending a lot of money on Payroll services which is always necessary if you can get away from when running a small business!

Pros

Everything is clear and polished on this user-friendly Payroll service!

Cons

Nothing because the very first time I was able to learn about this through my associate who also showed me how to set up the free trial and from there I went on and bought the service!

Tim W.

Very happy with Patriot Software

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Pros

It is easier to use and get started than quickbooks

Cons

I wish there were more videos to help with some accounting education.

Brandy G.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Quality of Patriot Software usage

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Fantastic!

Pros

The software is user-friendly, easy to setup your business information.

Cons

I really did not find anything that I disliked.

Russell R.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Good product for the price

Reviewed on 11/01/2021

Overall good experience. No real issues for me. The price

Pros

Very easy to use. Works good for my company.
Reasonable price.

Cons

No major cons. Works good for my purposes.

Gail L.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Payroll

Reviewed on 20/01/2021

Pros

Reasonably priced, friendly customer service, easy to use or given good instructions if needed.

Cons

I am a seasonal business and on the 941-tax return on part 2 number 18 there’s a check mark for seasonal employers to check if they are seasonal so they do not have to file a return for every quarter until they are open for business. Patriot payroll’s system does not allow their program to check this. I would think this should be an easy thing to fix but for some reason they say they cannot change this.

Pam A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great software

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Makes my bookkeeping so much simpler

Pros

The ease of daily tasks especially payroll invoicing and reports. Sales tax is done in a jiffy as well as monthly expense reports.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to say about this software

Gary W.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Patriot review

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Any time I asked a question, it was taken care of quickly and efficiently. I did not have to stress or worry about the outcome.

Pros

I like the ease of use, Having only 1 employee at the time, it is a breeze. It would take about 5 minutes to do payroll.

Cons

I have not had any areas that did not exceed my expectations. I think I do not come close to utilizing all that it has to offer.