Patriot Accounting

Online accounting software made for American businesses

4.7 /5 (247 reviews) Write a Review!

Larry N.

Honesty

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Patriot software is great for a small business tho it is a little clunky its workable.

Pros

Recording payments is very easy tho at times I forget to hit the save button. Also the payroll is very easy and smooth to use.

Cons

Cant partial pay a invoice (like sending a deposit) very annoying. The whole invoice part is very clunky not smooth at all. Same with seeing Bills from vendors. Also on invoicing It would be nice to be able to have spaces in the reference (we use addresses and codes). It helps our customers see what address we billed for. I wish you could also on the invoice have the comments above the billing portion. Overall a little bit of letting us change the format of some of the built in forms would be nice

Edward C.
  • Industry: Law Practice

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and responsive customer service

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

I do not use Patriot Accounting

Pros

This software is easy to set up and even easier to use. I work for a small firm with only a couple of employees. Our payroll needs are fairly simple and Patriot is intuitive and has robust information available when needed.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Patriot. I guess it would be nice if there was a mobile app that allowed me to run payroll remotely from my desktop.

Bernadette P.

• Customer Support Software

Great software for small business

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Overall stellar service and database

Pros

User friendly options and customer service

Cons

There really wasn’t much that I’ve come across that I did not like

David W.
  • Industry: Design

Fantastic customer support!

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Good product and excellent customer support.

Pros

Easy to input data and make journal entries

Cons

At first it was a little challenging to find/create financial reports but once you get used to it it works well.

Darrell W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Perfect solution for small to midsized businesss

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

It may sound like I work for the company but honestly if anyone were yo ask me what is the best overall experience I have with software or a subscription service of this type I think patriot would be it based on the ease of use and amazing product support.

Pros

The system is super easy to use and understand and works as it should. Not buggy like some other big name accounting programs. Also if I need support I can honestly say the support team is is ready, willing and qualified to help and they will take the time needed to be sure my issue is handled. To the point that I am amazed at the time and care they take.

Cons

Every so often there is something I have trouble finding ( but support helps me!) part of that may be because I am not an accountant. But even those issues are rare and they are always adding nice features to make my job easier.

• Customer Support Software

User friendly accounting software with good customer service based support

Reviewed on 07/03/2020

In short, I would say that it is the best fit for those who are looking for a system with affordable prices and userfriendly. I recommend this accounting system as a well-satisfied user.

Pros

This software as I mentioned in the title it is extremely user-friendly for even non-finance people and also those who are new to accounting and SME business. I have been using it and most of the time I could manage by myself without getting information from my data entry assistant due to their well-organized features. Moreover, if I do need to get any assistance from their customer support team, always address immediately to my queries without any delay. It was great since we were busy clients and fulfill our requirements with full satisfaction.

At last, but not least their prices are more affordable as much as lower and value for paid money.

Cons

I just experienced a few problems at the beginning with setting up the system, But there are plenty of video tutorials available for troubleshooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and readily available to address our queries then and there to resolve

Victor E.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Great!

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

my overall experience with Patriot Accounting it has been amazing! I literaly started my own business with them!

Pros

this is a great product for someone that is either new to the accounting business, there is a "how to" video in every part of the software.

Cons

there is not much to say about this topic, however some older generation would appreciate a desktop version

Melissa S.

Best payroll and invoicing software!

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

I love it! Super easy and responsive customer support

Pros

Everything in one place and I had no idea what I was doing. Patriot made it easy.

Cons

I wish the reporting feature had more export to excel functions for filing my commercial liability, NC101 ESC form and employee wages for Child support reports as well as other government support employees need info supplied by employers. When I run a report for a customer it would be nice to be able to save that or export. I would love to customize and save the customization of emails mailed within Patriot invoicing.

Nancy C.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

accounting

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

While I like the initial attempt Patriot has with their software and really liked that they even did a zoom call with me a few months back to get my ideas on what I'd like to see, it's still just not as functional as I'm needing for accounting software. I was hoping to stop using my old software just so I could consolidate programs a bit, but the functionality is just not there yet, and my current accounting software has all the features I need (and it's free, so that's a plus.)

Pros

I liked that I could categorize different items and link to both credit cards and bank accounts

Cons

I did not like that I could not bulk-categorize transactions, even when they were identical like a recurring charge. I also would like to be able to manage multiple businesses from the same account.

Thomas C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Patriot Accounting is a Great Solutions for Accounting and Payroll

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Very Good and I am hoping that I can find a way to use the product for my other companies.

Pros

Ability to work from Home, Office, or anywhere else is a huge plus.

Cons

The Date field is the only thing that I deal with every day. It should default to the current day.

Ian K.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

overall excellent

excellent

Pros

Its ease of using and its inexpensive and i like the efficiency of the customer service.

Cons

merging the bank account with the program

David F.

• Customer Support Software

Real accounting with good support

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

More detailed accounting and I don't get so many questiona from my accountant about "why did you record the transaction that way"

Pros

Lower Price and has many more feature that I could word with

Cons

Takes a bit you get use to when switching from less functional accounting systems

Response from Patriot Software

Thanks for the great review David! We are thrilled to offer small business owners the option to enter transactions as cash basis, then give reports to their accountants as accrual basis with a click of a button. (Our customers' accountants are thrilled too!)

Michelle J.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Perfect for Small Business

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

Overall, Patriot Accounting has been very efficient and adequate for my payroll needs for both employees, subcontractors and vendors. I definitely appreciate that they take care of the hassles of filing reports with all the specific areas of government (unemployment, SS taxes, Medicare taxes, Federal taxes, etc.) I also appreciate that they make it easy to file 1099s and W-3/W-2s.

Pros

Patriot Software is easy to setup, easy to use, and they handle all the reports and payments to government. I like the direct deposit feature for payments to guarantee a proven transaction record for all payments.

Cons

I don't like the 3-business day delay in debits and direct deposits, nor do I like the extra fee if I need it sooner.

Brianna P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Patriot Payroll

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

This is cost-effective and sold spending a lot of money on Payroll services which is always necessary if you can get away from when running a small business!

Pros

Everything is clear and polished on this user-friendly Payroll service!

Cons

Nothing because the very first time I was able to learn about this through my associate who also showed me how to set up the free trial and from there I went on and bought the service!

David B.

All-around GREAT!

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Excellent documentation. Knowledgeable and responsive customer support.

Pros

The programming team listens to my suggestions. They effectively add more features and functionality that improves its usefulness.

Cons

I don't find anything to dislike. I can imagine either some more flexible reporting or additional reports, but I find reporting adequate as it is.

April A.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

• Customer Support Software

Patriot has been great for my small business!

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

I have been very pleased with my experience with Patriot, and have already recommended to my friends.

Pros

I love the ease of use, and customer service, especially for someone who isn’t an accountant!

Cons

There isn’t anything to dislike, I just had to learn my way around the software.

Hiren P.

Best Product for Accounting for smaller companies

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Pros

Excellent product for keeping track of income vs expenses and invoices

Cons

The account sections interface and toll navigations needs to be easy to access

Brian S.

Only One Option for CC processing

Reviewed on 11/01/2021

Everything was fine except for getting CreditCard Processing setup.

Pros

Customer support for everything but the credit card processing was great. Pretty Simple to use. You so need to be more of an accountant than you do with Quickbooks.

Cons

There is only on Option for a credit card processor and the customer support for this is awful. If your application is denied there is no clear appeals process. Getting the application reset was a nightmare. The Credit Card processor points you at Patriot for support and Patriot points you to the Credit Card Process for support. After fighting with this for two weeks i switched to Quickbooks.

Josh F.

• Customer Support Software

Great option for small business

Reviewed on 11/01/2021

Patriot helps keep me organized so I can spend my time on other tasks.

Pros

Affordable and provides easy access for employer and employee.

Cons

Customer service hard to get a hold to fix a tax issue we had. It eventually got resolved, but it was a hassle. I wish it had a few more features.

Paul R.
  • Industry: Investment Management Software

• Customer Support Software

Great product for a great price

Reviewed on 18/01/2021

Like Patriot Payroll, would recommend it to everyone looking for a do it yourself payroll company.

Pros

I like that I can make multiple payroll runs at a single time and do not have to go in every week to submit payroll.

Cons

Making changes to presubmitted payroll isn't easy

Balwant S.

• Customer Support Software

I have used the software mainly for payroll. Extremely happy and outstanding support.

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Did not use accounting feature.

Pros

Very easy to use and outstanding customer suppport.

Cons

Nothing so far. I have used only the payroll feature.

Dan H.

Valuable Time Saver

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

Pros

They do all the work for me. I don't have to remember the quarterly taxes, the direct deposit feature is a time saver and paper reducer and making 1099's & W-2's is effortless.

Cons

At this time I can not think of a con to this program

Stephanie N.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Just What a Small Business Needed

Reviewed on 09/01/2021

Pros

When I started hiring employees for the first time the paperwork intimidated me. Patriot kept that from becoming a barrior as I expanded my small business.

Cons

I can't really complain about anything! Good work.

Curt B.

Patriot Accounting

Reviewed on 01/02/2017

My experience has been a good one. It's quick and easy to use while also doing everything I need it to. It takes care of all the tax submissions so I don't have to and it's at an affordable price. Much more affordable than my accountant had been before switching to Patriot Software. I would definitely recommend.

Affordable
Good Customer Service

Cons

I haven't had any negatives in using the product for several years now

Karen N.
  • Industry: Automotive

software update

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

Pros

-everything is accessible online
-easy to use
-better than quick books

Cons

-"Apply full payment" after invoice is created
-cannot view entered check numbers
-once invoice is created, cannot edit the invoice once it is paid.

Response from Patriot Software

Thanks for the review Karen. We have passed your comments on to our product team!