Streamtime

Project & task management for creative teams and businesses

4.7 /5 (207 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.6
4.5
4.7
4.8
Todd M.
Company size: Self Employed

Whoa! I feel good, nana nana nana na!

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

The user experience is great. The improvement to my project and workflow management is great. The additional educational resources and webinars are great. The support and follow-up comms from the team are great. The decision to switch... was great.

Pros

Not only is it beautiful and a pleasure to use, it has positively and productively changed the way I approach setting up jobs and tracking my progress from end to end. This would be really powerful for studios to run teams and manage larger amounts of projects. They actively take on board feedback and requests for new features and improvements, and share what they're working on via a public roadmap.

Cons

The only disappointment is that I didn't start using it sooner.

Paull R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Streamtime contains everything we need to know about our projects, clients and suppliers.

Reviewed on 12/02/2018

Helps us to keep track of project progress and manage a job from quote through to invoice.

Pros

We have been using Streamtime for a number of years and the cloud-based platform is a vast improvement on previous iterations. It is very straightforward to log in and check the status on individual projects. You can easily add a new stage to a job, revise a quote, then send it off to the client for approval. One thing I really like about that process is having the client `approve a quote by clicking the button (although many of them don't seem to bother!).

Support is good, always get a good response from the development team service is a key differentiator for me.

Cons

Generally speaking the system is quite intuitive, but there are some elements of the interface that are not immediately clear the USED / PLANNED figures in the budget section of a quote, for example. That doesn't make sense to me, I think the total should include also include expenses, that would give us a running total that tell you when you've overspent.

I haven't managed to output any useful reports as yet, but that might be because I haven't spent much time looking at that area. On the old Filemaker system I used to output reports that would give you a good indication of job performance.

There are some nuances that give rise to frustration now and again. There are instances when you think, it would be really useful if I could add a new contact at this point (rather than come out of the job and return to the Contacts area) does that make sense

Response from Streamtime

Thanks for the review Paul, We're looking at how we can improve that data on the job screen to better reflect the used / planned better.

Jordan S.

Awesome

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

Brilliant. Love it. I just wish I could afford to put every member of the team on it.

Customer service is great, content and added extras (webinars, emailers etc) are helpful and interesting and the product itself is always being updated and made better.

Pros

Coming from a larger agency that used a number of different timesheet, forecasting and scheduling applications I was able to shift all my project planning into one app that is really fun to use.

It has been instrumental in the way I am learning to cost jobs, write proposals and get on top of my workload on a day to day basis.

Cons

Lack of android app and the mobile site being a bit clunky making it difficult to work with it on the go. It's little buggy here and there when on desktop.

Lack of template customisation and saving for invoices, quotes etc.

Carla R.

Beautiful & Easy to Use

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

Planning & time tracking has been accounted for and made extremely easy for creatives to input. Also allows account service to track where project more effectively.

Pros

Aesthetically pleasing & intuitive to use.

Cons

Nothing really, but if I had to say 1 thing - there could be some more client interfacing functions & features eg. Exportable Project Timelines.

Carol M.
Industry: Design

Five star after sales service

Reviewed on 31/08/2018

Pros

Streamtime is great. It looks good and it does what it's meant to do.
What sets it apart from others is the prompt, valuable and reliable after sales service.
Every single time I've had a problem - usually my lack of knowledge - the guys online have been quick to respond and solve the issue. In an industry where time=money, that service is worth millions.

Cons

I don't want the company name on the invoices by default. In my case, it's repetitive. My company name is in the logo above, then printed below. Looks a bit odd.

Response from Streamtime

Thanks for this Carol!

In the current release you'll notice you can now turn your company name OFF on invoices quotes and PO's :)

Warwick M.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Intuitive user interface

Reviewed on 17/09/2017

Streamtime has helped us manage our goals-oriented project planning really effectively. It's also made project budgets super transparent, which has allowed our team to get involved with the profitability of our business. Reporting for payroll and time management are very helpful too.

Pros

After comparing half a dozen different business management apps, Streamtime stood out as the most intuitive and well-thought out. I love the direct relationship between scheduling and timesheets, a unique element that sets it apart. It has the perfect balance between detail and looseness that makes it easy to record information and extract useful reporting. The reporting filters have recently been vastly improved, making analysis a breeze. Though the new scheduling interface will improve it greatly, it's already a very easy-to-use resource scheduling tool.

Cons

The big drawback is that Streamtime is best suited to time and materials project planning, which as an architecture studio we don't use. I'd love to see better tools for long format fixed fee projects. The interface is just so good though that we've found workarounds to make this work for us for the time being!

Response from Streamtime

Thanks Warwick for your kinds words. Its great to see so many Architects coming on board.

We made some recent changes to help with the fixed fee projects and we are not done yet!

Hannah B.
Industry: Design

Perfect for scheduling work and logging time

Reviewed on 15/03/2019

It's the best way for us to schedule in projects in our busy team, manage deadlines and have a clear indication of how much time we're spending on everything. It's also super useful for sending quotes to clients.

Pros

It's really simple and perfect for us as a design agency. It's stripped back, visual and efficient.

Cons

It's not the best/simplest for keeping notes on specific projects and understanding what stage things are at at a glance (and being able to share with clients).

For example, if we have 5 projects ongoing for one client, we'd like to be able to have the status (in progress, on hold, waiting for feedback etc.) colour coded, with options to add notes and in a format that can be shared with clients.

Chris H.

Outstanding

Reviewed on 08/03/2019

Outstanding.

Pros

It's helped me get much more organised and productive as a creative professional.
Their understanding of what it takes to be a modern brand and the value they've placed in the design and the smallest details of their product is inspiring. The staff are excellent and do all they can to help you. I've found the people behind it are very passionate about continuing to improve.

Cons

Not much. It's a little bit of a learning curve to get used to but isn't everything? The opportunity to be creative with it would be nice. Invoices that you generate are a little limiting, but is probably a necessary limitation.

Best Creative Studio Management Software

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Pros

Well designed. Great support, regular updates and new features. Does time tracking/studio management better than anything else. The development team seem to be very responsive to the feedback and requests from users.

Cons

The project management/scheduling really requires a dedicated studio manager to implement. If you're a small studio and find yourself spinning a lot of plates already the premium features tend to require more time to fully take advantage. That said, it's a great feature if you can dedicate the time to plan everything out.

Dan T.
Company size: Self Employed

Streamtime is super simple to learn right from the get-go

Reviewed on 04/05/2020

A great platform to use with great service. 10 out of 10.

Pros

The user experience from day one has been nothing but good vibes. I needed a management software system to record all my freelance clients in an organised, simple manner where I don't have to spend more than 10 minutes updating jobs and sending invoices and Streamtime covers that issue with ease. The more you use it the easier it gets and I haven't gone through all the tutorials that Streamtime offer to be even more efficient.

Cons

Possibly more third party integration options e.g. hnry.co.nz.
Email notifications when your invoice has been opened or seen by your client.
Maybe an instant payment button on invoices, that would be a rad feature.

Giuseppe D.
Industry: Design

The search is over - welcome to loving work management software!

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Awesome they are amazing to deal with.

Pros

Everything! Great UI/design, surprise and delight moments, UX is excellent, constantly improving.

Cons

Price is a little on high side. Could have better functionality for plugging-in in contractors. Mid range recourse planning and forecasting would be very nice.

Karl R.
Industry: Graphic Design

Productivity… Getting it Done!

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

Since day one I have been totally satisfied with my Streamtime experience. The online one-to-one with the Streamtime staff (Simon) got me up and running quickly and I know they're there if I have any questions.

Pros

I love how easy Streamtime is to navigate, manage and enter jobs but the To Do/Done area is my favourite. I'm spending less time on admin and more time on actual projects.

Cons

Like all software there is a learning curve to consider when adopting a new application, fortunately the Streamtime support is great and cleared up any of the usual 'new software' learning challenges.

Ryan S.
Industry: Graphic Design

Fun and easy to use budget tracking

Reviewed on 03/08/2017

It made tracking my hours faster and easier. It's no longer a grind.

Pros

I like that Streamtime tracks my hours using visual blocks. It helps me understand where my hours are going easier. It's also super clear whats left on the budget which I like. I like that I could plan my week and get a quick visual of where my time will go. I like that there are various ways you can track your time. IE - I like to search the jobs using job numbers or project names - other people in the team prefer to drag and drop from the side panel. It's cool that Streamtime has allowed for different working styles. All of this means it's so much easier to use than the last job tracker I had.

Brett J.

User friendly, intuitive and great LOCAL support no matter where you are in the world - 10/10

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Pros

The 'To Do' list is a perfect tool for creatives as it allows them to quickly organise their day. They also love the drag and drop feature as it eliminates manual entries. From a management perspective we can see everything in one place and quickly assign job as required. The 'To Do' list is really one of many great features of this program.

Cons

Truthfully, I wish our company had adopted this software earlier as it's made operating the business and managing teams much easier!

Thomas L.
Industry: Design

Pretty good but sometimes great

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

pretty good best time sheet program i have used, i can't comment of the invoice/suit side of things

Pros

very simple to use times sheets have never been easer , designers hate time sheets and finally after 15 years in the industry you guys made it not a chore to do.

Cons

to many emails about stuff , im busy and i don't care , sorry no offence

support timing sometimes annoying we are in NZ if i have a problem first thing , AUS not at work for 2 hours......

Daniel B.
Company size: Self Employed

Streamtime is just awesome!

Reviewed on 10/02/2019

Excellent, they are very helpful and attentive to my needs!

Pros

It's advanced simplicity, beautiful interface and just a great user experience, couldnt imagine what I would do without it!

Cons

Can't think of anything, its just great!

Tim S.

Work / Business Usage

Reviewed on 14/03/2019

Overall, 15 months of use has been a breeze and I don't see any reason to move away from ST. I'd personally take it onboard if I was to begin my own creative business venture.

Pros

Ease of functionality, interface minimal and basic. Fluid interactivity and time saving approach.

Cons

Bugs in switching, duping and moving tasks at times for our managers.

Fraser C.
Industry: Design

Streamtime is an absolute game changer! We couldn't run our studio without it.

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

Pros

Brilliantly designed, intuitive and elegantly simple. The shift from time sheets to to-do lists is simply genius.

Response from Streamtime

Time sheets suck! pass it on. Thanks Fraser for your review.

Jonathan B.
Industry: Animation

We have used Streamtime for 6 years now and the new version is amazing!

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

We actually make money...

Pros

The fact it is browser based I can get to it anywhere. The team actually use it. It tracks the productivity of the studio perfectly.

Alex R.
Company size: Self Employed

Streamtime makes job management and accounting a dream - even for a creative!

Reviewed on 17/08/2017

Speed of invoicing, quoting and job management.

Pros

I love the user experience, the look and the flexibility of Streamtime. Its flexibility when creating quotes or invoices is great.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like. There are a couple of minor features that could be added but the Streamtime team are updating constantly.

Response from Streamtime

Thanks Alex, we've really loved creating a unique fun and different UX to all the rest. Cheers!

George T.
Industry: Entertainment

Useful and easy to use bit of software.

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Useful and helps my work flow massively by using less time to keep track of what I need to do.

Pros

For the whole team, the software is super easy to use. It's easy to set up your own tasks and it gives you multiple different ways to go around setting things up how you like. It's easy to set up new jobs and tasks for yourself and other people and to easily keep track of the jobs you have done and need to do.

Cons

The only issue with the software I have is that it can be a little slow and buggy some times, especially when working with a lot of jobs. It can take a while to open the jobs folder occasionally and sometimes when I wan to look at 'snoozed' or 'completed' tasks they just don't come up.

Jason G.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 27/09/2018

Excellent software and great staff

Pros

Easy to pickup use and maintain and reliable

Cons

No cons never had an issue does everything we need to track staff and invoice clients

Antonia G.

It's very easy to use and streamlines studio management and accountability.

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Pros

All my information is online which allows me to work anywhere in the world or just across the city. It also works seamlessly with Xero.

Cons

Not being able to customise my email signatures in Streamtime when sending a quote or invoice is not ideal. I have 9 signature messages in Mail that I use to make life simpler eg. authorisation, amendments, quote, blank etc. Each one has my logo and contact details and a couple lines of messaging so that I don't have to keep typing it in a thousand times a day.

Response from Streamtime

Hey Antonia, thanks for this review much appreciated!

We're definitely looking into some changes around how the quotes send and customisation of emails and branding on them so watch this space!

Aaron

Chelsey T.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Streamtime Review

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Pros

Thus software has a nice clean, user friendly design

Cons

Cannot use it in certain internet browsers - works in Explorer, but is buggy in Firefox

Response from Streamtime

Hi Chelsey, Sorry we're not yet supporting Firefox or IE, just Chrome and Safari for now but as time goes on I'm sure we'll support more browsers. Thanks for the review!

Industry: E-Learning
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Streamtime, mainstreaming my business

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 16/03/2020

Using it to improve my business by effectively managing it through Streamtime.

Pros

It is very easy to use and access, it manages my timeline effectively by handling all incoming clients.

Cons

They need to improve security and privacy, they just log out the user and that's not the security control I want.

Response from Streamtime

Thanks for the feedback and the great review!
If you get in touch, we can talk to you about the additional two-factor authentication feature that we have.