OnTheClock.com

Cloud-based employee time clock app

4.7 /5 (466 reviews) Write a Review!

Tereza M.

Why Pay Too Much for Time Tracking Software

Reviewed on 27/04/2020

I have had no issues with the program and use it regularly. We saved a lot of money by switching.

Pros

We have a small organization so we pay nothing for this software. It allows us to still track codes, time off etc. In fact, the time off feature works better than with some other companies as we can customize to each employee. It is easy to use. We also work remotely and don't require check in/out and are able to merely enter the number of hours for each job code.

Cons

The time off feature is a little odd as it doesn't show in the administrative reports easily. However, once you learn to use it, it works fine.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Tereza! Thanks for the awesome review. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with our time off tracking feature - we would love to help.

Thanks again,

Dailey V.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Fool proof!!!

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

My overall experience with OnTheClock has been great from start to date. I just got off the phone with customer service and was super disappointed it an issue I have been having and she helped me fix it easily I love the app I love the price I love how easy it is I love how easy it is for everybody else to use it. I do not have to go through a training process with my employees it’s very self-explanatory I love that you can send your employees an invite to download the app and it pops up on their phone.

Pros

I love that my employees can easily punch in and out and then every two weeks I go in approve their time send it to my payroll software and pay my employees. Payroll takes me about 45 minutes every two weeks because of on the clock. This leaves me time to work in the field and attend other responsibilities that I have. It also leaves less room for error in time cards and allows me to know where I need to step in and help people who may be taking longer than they should regularly by glancing at their time. Also for safety purposes it’s nice to be able to know when people are working and where they might be working especially if it’s at night time.

Cons

I do my schedule a month in advance and it’s a very tedious process to sit down and do the schedule. I feel like there should be an easier way to do it. A lot of the jobs that we have a redundant and carrying over instructions when I duplicate shifts is not an option that would Make it a lot easier.

Another thing I don’t like about it is that my employees cannot clock in or clock out when they do not have good cell phone service. I feel like there should be a feature that if you don’t have cell phone service you should still be able to clock out and then the app will update when you do get cell phone service.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Dailey,
Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of improving our employee scheduling and allowing it to be a much more improved experience.

Mark B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Love this product

Reviewed on 12/08/2019

Easy, professional, intuitive, inexpensive, feature rich, and a set-it and forget-it type of product. We have never had to call for customer service in two years of use.

Pros

It's accurate, easy to use and implement, super reliable, and very cost efficient. Don't let the big payroll services sell you an expensive time clock product that isn't better than OnTheClock.com and that costs 10 times more!

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I didn't know about it years before I implemented it. We were using a paper system for time reporting by employees until we found someone padding their hours. OnThe Clock.com stopped the padding process immediately and paid for itself 10 times over.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Mark,

Wow, wow, wow. This is what we have to say from your awesome review and feedback. It makes OnTheClock very happy to read how we have helped you and your company. Sounds like you had an issue with time theft from an employee, which is a huge situation among millions of companies in the world.

Thanks again,
OTC Team

Armando L.

On Cue is On the clock

Reviewed on 31/01/2019

It will let us have a good sight of any type of trends on employees getting in late, absenteeism. This way we can spot them and have a talk to them.

We keep track of overtime, so we are able to study if any employee is abusing or if a client is needing employees to do overtime we can show them a report from on the clock

Pros

It provides many different ways of keeping track of employees.

Its user friendly for our employees, and does not required a highly skills in computer.

It provides accurate information at the time of keeping control of overtime, vacation hours, sick and personal tme.

It will let you know who is in, and out at any time of the day.

It also let you see where they are punching in, and what computer they did it

Its not expensive, and it will let you add the company Logo in the employee "punch in" website.

Cons

So far whe have not been able to find something to dislike from On The clock...

I would say having some videos inside the administrator website showing what you're able to do will be a great way to start. But besides that On the clock is really worth its price

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Armando,

Thank you for your very detailed review. We appreciate your feedback. Here is a link to our video section if you are interested :)

Maita T.

Very Helpful

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Pros

The on the clock app is very easy to use by our staff. Even those who are “tech challenged” have no problem with it. They can also track their hours. As an administrator, I like the feature that tracks employees whenever they are clocked in.

Cons

I wish I could email the employees total hours to our accountant who does payroll.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Maita, thank you so much for your awesome review! We have some great news regarding an email method to send over your employees' hours to your accountant for payroll. You can simply export your employees' hours via PDF and/or Excel CSV file, save it, and email it to your accountant. BUT we have a simpler option called OnTheClock Pro. This program is designed for accountants to have access to their clients' account and time data for FREE. This is very simple and it streamlines the payroll process, while saving you time. Learn more here: https://www.ontheclock.com/time-tracking-that-connects-accountants-with-clients.aspx

Please contact our support team if you have additional question how to invite your accountant to your time clock account.

-OTC Team

George W.

Easy & Affordable

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

When I took over as CEO of our agency almost 9 years ago, we needed an electronic log in system for a small number of employees. It needed to be web based for our clinical staff in the field. This was an easy and affordable solution for our company. It has helped us streamline our payroll process. Although we have downsized our hourly staff, we still use OnTheClock as our solution for punching in and out. I'd highly recommend it to small companies that need a versatile application for tracking employee time.

Pros

Easy to use, nice interface, affordable

Cons

Maybe not good for all larger companies, but that would depend on the set up and need.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello George,

We truly value your detailed review about our time clock system. Thank you so much for your loyalty to our company and we wish you a great day!

OnTheClock

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

An overall simplistic, easy to use time clock for your employees. Accessing your time card to view hours is simple. Submitting PTO time to be approved can be done in less than five steps. And the ease of clocking in and out makes using ontheclock worth it.

Pros

My company has been using ontheclock for a little under a year now. The desktop version is extremely easy to use and learn how to use. Clocking in and out is simple. A perk (for me) is seeing how many seconds you have until the time will change. Submitting PTO is simple and easy to use as well. You can easily access your time sheet and what PTO has been approved and what has been denied or even ones that are still in pending.

Cons

I have yet to find a negative thing about ontheclock. It can be slow at times but I do believe that is because of my internet connection and not because of ontheclock.

Response from OnTheClock

Wow, thanks for the great review! We are very happy to read how our time clock is helping your business.

Have a wonderful day!

Alice Y.

Solves your timecard issues

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

I have been with ontheclock for 10 years. It is easy for employee and employer alike.

Pros

Easy to use and set up employees. Keeps records of everything including punch in and out outside of company computers (mobily).

Cons

When you delete an employee it deletes all of the information and documentation (it doesn't save).

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Alice,

Thank you for the review. When you first delete an employee from your list they are automatically archived where you can have access to their information, including previous time cards. Then you have the option to permanently delete them from the archived folder. We hope this info helps. If you have any questions please contact us.

Carmen M.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Best Time Clock Software

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

I have recommended this software to several other small companies like mine and they love it too.

Pros

It's very inexpensive and easy to use. Works great with Quickbooks. Anytime I had to call to ask questions, they answered right away and were able to answer my questions.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. It's great all around. The only negative would be, if you have employees that do not have a cell phone with data nor access to a computer to log in and out.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Carmen and thank you for a very generous review. We are so happy to read how our time clock is easy for you to use.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

Great for managing working from home

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

I love on the clock and it allows me to log my hours of working from home efficiently.

Pros

I have used this for years with my work from home part time job. It is so easy and allows me to clock in directly from my phone.

Cons

I do not like that you can not change or request a change of punch in times through the app. It would be nice to edit hours independently for small changes.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi there! Thank you so much for the great review about our time clock app. Please note that we do offer an option to edit hours inside the app. This can be located in the punch log. Please contact us if you need assistance.

Julie O.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, boosted our efficiency in managing t/card. Flexible software with appropriate...

Reviewed on 24/10/2017

Pros

Ease of use, we are able to manage 150+ employees. We went from manual time cards to On The Clock. We have less administrative time and paperwork. We have only had to call a handful to times for help and each time the customer service was quick and helpful. We were able to customize this to our organization and you do not need much training to get this up and running. You should consider targeting more Y's if you are looking for a larger customer base. This was hands down one of our best software implementations.

Cons

We have a lot of different employees with different pay rates and different departments. I wish we had more reporting options.

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the amazing review.

Don M.

• Customer Support Software

I can't say enough about them!

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Not only is this the most cost effective system I've used, it's simple, straightforward and the support is outstanding!

Pros

The ability to track my employees time, calculate time off based on hours worked, and have them clock in and out at a designated system.

Cons

I use limited functionality of the platform and it works perfectly for my team.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Don, thanks so much for the kind feedback about our time clock software.

Victoria S.

Cost Effective Product

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

Always been easy to use. They make improvements periodically which are always useful. I believe I contacted support once and they were very responsive and helpful.

Pros

Very easy to use for employees punching in/out, for managers checking or approving employee PTO requests, and for the administrator to pull timecards for payroll.

Cons

I don't think you can change date parameters for reporting. I believe it is always based on pay period.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Victoria,

We are so grateful for your feedback and review. Have a great day :)

Lynn H.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, works well for our gardening company

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use and it's available wherever you have wifi/internet which is awesome when crews are all over and some starting from different locations.

Cons

Sometimes the hours columns look confusing- but if you look closely then it makes sense. It is just laid out kind of long.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Lynn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our employee time clock. It sounds like you enjoy the ease and convenience of our system so I would highly recommend downloading our mobile app for quick and easy access to your account. Have a great day :)

Kathy M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and efficient.

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

We are able to keep track of employee work hours through the week, as well as keeping track of where they are clocking in from.

Pros

Our employees use it every day to login and logout, so the easy of it is great for us. It is also very user friendly when I am going over the hours my employees have worked for the week. Makes my life easier.

Cons

Sometimes the app does not log people in our out so we have to go back and correct it. There are features that I could be using, I just do not know how to use them. If there was some type of user training would be nice.

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the review, Kathy. We have tutorial videos under our features tab located towards the top of our homepage at OnTheClock.com. We also offer free assistance and help with all parts of our services. Feel free to contact us at 888-753-5999 and we will be more than happy to help you explore additional features that you could benefit from.

Susan E.
  • Industry: Furniture

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and great service!

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Our PTO tracking was a mess before we added this. Our employees love that they can see their accruals and make requests any time. When we have had issues or wanted new features, the support team is easy to reach and they pass along requests for additional features to the development team.

Pros

This was easy to set up and doesn't cost a lot. Like the scheduling features. When we've had questions I can talk to some one almost immediately.

Cons

A few interface issues with PTO tracking. Would prefer a flat rate instead of per user charges. The app is pretty basic and I would like to see more functionality for admins.

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the great review and feedback, Susan. Have a great day.

Lauren P.

• Customer Support Software

I needed help/convenience for recording our staff's work time and this has been vital to...

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

The progress and developments that have been made since we started using it have been great.

Pros

We are a mobile athletic facility for special needs individuals, so the ability for my employees to clock in through the mobile device was key. We are a very small organization, so the low cost and the option to keep things simple was appealing to me.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for the great review. We are happy that you use our time clock for such a great cause. Have a great day.

Kym H.

Time Clock for Office

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

Pros

This is easy to set up and maintain. Recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive good time clock management program. Lots of flexibility.

Cons

Not a whole lot negative on our usage. Hard to come up with any cons.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Kym! We appreciate the kind review about our time clock software. Have a great day.

Rhonda A.

• Customer Support Software

Great software program and easy to use.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017

Pros

I like that it has a pretty accurate GPS coordinates where the employees clock in and out. I like that it figures the amount of work hours out for you and I like that the employees can send messages to you through the system.

Cons

It allows the employees the option to not share their location via GPS. It would be nice to have the ability to upload the employee hours to our payroll system.

Response from OnTheClock

We appreciate your review! Have a great day!

• Customer Support Software

Have had a great experience with ontheclock!

Reviewed on 02/04/2018

Tracking employee times and jobs is wonderful! Helps with billing our customers accurately and keeping our job costing simple.

Pros

It is easy to use, manipulate, and export data. The app is user friendly for the employees as well as the administrators.

Cons

Charges for employees who are only there for part of a month should be prorated, though I know their data has to be available for the entire month.

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the review!

-OTC Team

Mary W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

• Customer Support Software

We have had very few problems with the system. Staff can easily manage their own timecards.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

Staff can easily maneuver the system which reduces the time I have to spend logging them in. Whenever we have had problems, the system staff have been very helpful and thorough in their approach to solving our issues.

Cons

I don't like changing the format of the screens. I would prefer not having to drag the correction screen into view where I can see it to make changes.

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the review!

Heidi H.

LOVE THE PRODUCT

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Pros

The flexibility and ease of use. The product is fabulous. I highly recommend this for any industry. I own to school and this makes payroll with quickbooks online a breeze.

Cons

NONE!!! i have nothing negative to say about this product. Another pro is the kudos board they just launched.

Response from OnTheClock

We are happy to see that OTC makes your payroll with Quickbooks seamless and a breeze! Thank you for the review!

-OTC Team

Christine T.

Good, but could be better

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

Pros

The app makes it easy on our employees to clock in/out and request PTO. It is especially great since many of our employees work remotely.

Cons

The inability to request time off without it being a PTO request.

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for you honest review and feedback. This is something that we are looking into as an added feature for our time clock system. We apologize for the inconvenience.

OTC Team :)

• Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Unprofessional Customer Service to say the very least

Reviewed on 04/06/2020

I believe that the software has great potential, but with mediocre customer support...what do you have?

Pros

Was anxious to try the software and get set up for next payroll
After watching the introduction video, reading the features and customer reviews it seemed to be the right fit for what we were looking for and was hoping for some additional information before signing up, until I made the call and spoke with one of your reps

Cons

I was impressed with the capabilities of what the software could potentially provide for my business. However, the customer service was poor and very unprofessional. The individual who answered seemed put out by the call and was very short in his answers and did not expand on any of their services. He seemed irritated by having to answer any questions. I also heard his dogs barking in the background which interrupted the conversation. I understand that people may still be working at home due to COVID, but I expected professionalism just the same. After hearing the dogs barking I asked if they had a call center and his reply was "this is it, the number you called". Nevertheless, after reading several reviews and the positive comments about their OnThe Clock customer support I was disappointed that my experience had not met my expectations or that of the many reviews.
Their website even invites you to call...(Under the contact tab)
Contact Us
We would love to speak with you about any comments, questions
or concerns. Please do not hesitate to use the contact information below.
Apparently, not the case.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello and we cannot thank you enough for your feedback. Please let us start off by expressing how sorry we are for your bad experience with a customer support rep. We would love to make this up to you and gather additional details so we can prevent this from ever happening again. Please contact us.

Ryan L.

Great and Inexpensive

Reviewed on 03/06/2019

Customer service is always prompt and friendly on helping out with any issues.

Pros

This product in the end will save you money. The time you pay someone to add up payroll hours. You take the information plug in it quick books and your done!

Cons

Sometimes a little difficult changing people’s time clock hours when they forget to clock in or out.