OnTheClock.com

Cloud-based employee time clock app

4.7 /5 (457 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.8
4.6
4.7
4.8
Jonathan M.
Industry: Legal Services

Ontheclock makes it absurdly easy to track time and punches.

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Ontheclock allows us to easily track punches across all employees and locations, even remote employees who work from home. It also ensures quick, easy, and accurate punches from employees as they don't have to spend any more than a couple of seconds to punch into the Group Punch site once it's up.

Pros

The incredible amount of flexibility it offers is amazing. You can set or restrict punches from specific devices, regions, IP addresses, and similar on a per-employee basis or account-wide, allowing you to make sure that every employee is punching in when and were it's appropriate to do so. It allows a per-employee automatic accrue system for PTO. Approving PTO requests is a breeze as well.

Cons

In terms of end-user friendliness, it's a bit rough for non-tech-savvy folks to find the specific website they should log into and punch from - just going to ontheclock.com doesn't actually show anywhere you can log in or punch. This leads to needing to explain specific steps and URLs to users, or sending them a link to click, rather than just telling them to go to the site. It's also a bit of a hassle to reach the Group Punch site where employees can simply enter their employee number to punch in or out, and that could easily be resolved by having an application you could download to turn a desktop into a punch station.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Jonathan, thank you for the great review and awesome feedback. We always like to hear how we can improve. Have a great day :)

Sue S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great Time Clock Solution

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

I really love the ease of use of this software and have implemented it in two other companies I work for.

Pros

We had tried various time clock machines that failed to work consistently and then I found this software and never looked back. The customer support is superior. Easy set up, super reasonable pricing and it has all the features that my company needs.

Cons

Not too long ago they did a "face lift" to the format of the website and I liked the format of the Time Card page before the face lift.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Sue,

Thank you so much for the kind review and feedback. We truly appreciate it.

Alisha W.

One of the best decisions we ever made was to get one the clock!

Reviewed on 17/10/2017

Just not having to calculate a bunch of paper time sheets is a huge benefit!!

Pros

We love that there is an app and the majority of our staff use it. There have been very few times that we've needed to call customer service but when we do, they are fantastic and responding quickly and helping us resolve the issue. We used to do paper time sheets and will NEVER go back to that after switching to on the clock.

Cons

The app sometimes has trouble with follow through if not on wifi. If we are not watching carefully, we think we've clocked out but the app didn't follow through with it. We have to wait for the little message to come up saying the clock out occurred. Also, the last time we used the PTO request feature through the app, it didn't work properly which caused trouble on the book keeping end of things. Our staff now know that if they use that feature on the app, to notify me so I can make sure it worked.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Alisha,
Thank you for the feedback. Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance in some of the troubles that you have experienced. We are here to help you and your company as much as possible.

Robin L.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great company to work with! Easy to set-up. Customer support is friendly and quick to respond.

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Pros

The software pretty much covers all the bases! The basic software is very user friendly for administrator, managers and employees. It's customizable in several areas as well. It's an really good value for all that you get. Last week, one of my colleagues was looking for a new online time clock service, and I recommended you!

Cons

I would like to be able to add text to the "SCHEDULE" function.
Ex. Would be nice to be able to include the text OFF on days that employees do not work. Currently, if you don't add any hours, it is just a blank space, which can be confusing.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Robin,

Thank you for the great review and the referral! We are thankful to have customers like yourself! Thank you for the feedback regarding text in the scheduling feature. We will inform our developers about this :)

-OTC Team

Kristopher H.

OnTheClock has been the most straight forward and cost-efficient time clock system we've worked with

Reviewed on 21/08/2017

Pros

Mobile access with GPS tracking, regular updates, easy-to-use interface, web-based access, and competitive pricing structure are all items that are worth of highlighting with the software. Customer Service's response to questions has usually been within just a few minutes to an hour, which is leaps ahead of any other software we've worked with.

Cons

Archiving of time cards and custom date sorts on the time card tab can be display wonky and difficult to navigate. Lack of user roles also limit the functionality from an administrator perspective. We'd love a role that allows for approving of time cards without creation of users, an ability to sort by needing approval. The PTO aspect is a nice touch, but with some more functionality in regards to exporting or preventing requesting PTO beyond max use, it would merit even more priase.

Response from OnTheClock

Thanks for the review :)

Sherry S.
Industry: Law Practice

A Truly Great Tool

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

It has been easy to implement, the staff are prompt with their responses to my questions and best of all, the price is perfect!!!

Pros

My employees find this software perfectly easy! As the administrator, access is flawless, changes can be made easily, I can archive all previous entries, I can easily make changes to each employees details such as pay, vacation, holidays, etc. The cost, well, you just can't afford not to have this as an important tool in your office!

Cons

I do not have any 'cons' to date and I have been using this system for years!

Response from OnTheClock

What a great review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed and kind review about our time clock system.

Have a great day,

Victoria E.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Useful and easy to use

Reviewed on 27/04/2019

This is a good program for using for clocking in, especially for employees commonly working in locations other than the office. With the home health program, aides clocked in from clients' homes. The GPS feature tracks the location and they clock in with a pre-approved device. Makes it difficult for deception (difficult, but not impossible). Easy to use.

Pros

This software functions similar to other timeclock programs but also has a GPS feature that can detect the location of the employee when clocking in. Since the employee approves each device used, employees may find it hard to practice deception with this software.

Cons

The only negative aspect I can think of is when an employee has to get a new phone and the device has not yet been approved.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Victoria,

Thank you for your great feedback and review about our time clock system.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Keith S.
Industry: Education Management

Using OnTheClock has be so convenient...staff literally like clocking in!!!

Reviewed on 23/02/2018

EVERYTHING!

Pros

I like the overall ease of using everything about OnTheClock. Staff clock in is easier to track. I love the feature where I can separate a staff working different departments and jobs. I cannot say enough positive things about this software and while it is not perfect, it does an excellent job.

Cons

It would be nice to actually see specific hours staff worked for another department and how may hours they worked rather than having have to export that info onto an Excel spreadsheet.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Keith,

Thank you for the review. We actually do offer a solution for specific hours worked for another department. This will be in our Project and Job Costing feature. If you would like to give us a call at 888-753-5999 we would be more than happy to help walk you through setting this up. Have a great day :)

-OTC Team

Richard C.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

My view of on the clock

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Three words - TOP NOTCH SERVICE

Pros

It's very to sued and understand. anytime I have a question I am able to get help very fast with one phone call. It's very comforting how knowledgeable everyone who answers the phone is. It's usually something that I am doing wrong and always end the call feeling very satisfied. thanks to the entire team I appreciate you.

Cons

I do not have a problem with anything at this point. may if I start using more features then that would change.

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the very kind review, Richard. We are very thankful.

Shelby H.
Industry: Computer Hardware

OnTheClock is a lifesaver!

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

I signed up for a free trial to OnTheClock and was pleasantly surprised with how well this app works and how much control you have. When my trial was ending, I received a message from customer service stating that since I was only using the app for a single employee, they were going to let me keep the app for free without paying. The app is easy to use, easy to control and i wouldnt go to any other app!

Pros

Easy to use and control, easy to track, cheap especially for a small business under so many employees

Cons

no cons that i have found yet, been using for almost a year now and have had no issues at all for our business

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Shelby! Thank you for an amazing review about our time clock for small businesses. We are very pleased to read how much you are enjoying it!

Ara K.

On The clock

Reviewed on 25/02/2019

has made payroll calculation very efficient

Pros

ease of use for managment and staff, seamless PTO, time off management

Cons

The need to adjust PTO every year. I think this should be automatically populate and ask for approval or adjustment

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Ara,

Thank you for taking the time to review our time clock system. We value and appreciate your feedback regarding the PTO feature as well. If you have any questions that you would like for us to help with then please do not hesitate to contact us at 888-753-5999.

Have a great day,

Industry: Insurance

Testimony for On The Clock

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

The biggest problem I had before using On The Clock was not knowing how many hours my employees where working and it was a guessing game. Now I know exactly how much time my employees are working and everyone is much happier.

Pros

I love how I have been able to keep better track of my employees time at work and it makes doing payroll at the end of the month so much easier!

Cons

Nothing at all it has been great every time.

Response from OnTheClock

We value your testimony about our time clock system. Thank you for the kind words and feedback.

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Easy to use, no issues

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Pros

Easy to use, and track where they clock in which is a big help

Cons

Staff complain they have to click 2x to clock in or clock out sometimes MISTAKENLY thinking they already clocked in or out

Response from OnTheClock

Hello there,

When employees first click the punch in/out button, this takes you to the punch site. And from there they need to click punch in or punch out once they are in there to confirm. It's just a precaution to prevent accidental punch ins and punch outs. Thank you for your review and feedback.

Michiko N.

Makes payroll a breeze!

Reviewed on 09/04/2018

Pros

The simplicity of the sync with quickbooks to process payroll. Ease of use for staff. Like how time cards can be printed on one page per staff.

Cons

The app seems to have bugs and staff says they clock in on their desktops. The time clock doesn't seem to sync properly for Hawaii as we don't have daylight savings time.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Michiko,

Thank you for the review and the feedback. Feel free to contact us anytime and we can walk you through some settings. 888-753-5999

Amie K.
Industry: Automotive

Super Easy & Convenient

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Pros

We have 2 locations with several shifts and it make's doing keeping track of my employees and doing payroll super easy and convenient.

Cons

I need something to remind my employees to punch in and out, like a reminder text

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Amie, thank you for the review. Great news! We actually do offer the option for our time clock system to send out text reminders to your employees to punch in and out. We also offer reminders to be sent to their emails as well. Please contact us and we can help set this feature up for you.

OTC Team

Beth F.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Time clock software

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Time tracking with employees is easy but integration into a payroll software is not quite there yet

Pros

Pretty straightforward for time tracking capabilities for employees
Reporting for payroll is easy
Cost effective

Cons

We Changed our pay week after using on the clock for 6 months or so and it was made us change the week for every week previous which was done manually

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Beth,
Thank you for reviewing our time clock. If you need assistance with your pay week setup please do not hesitate to contact us. We would love to help you.

John L.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Cheap, easy

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

I don't have to use a payroll provider's time clock service or equipment, saving money.

Pros

Easy way to manage time clocks as well as many other HR demographic data

Cons

Um... It serves my needs really well with a bunch of added functionality (that I don't even use) for a cheap price... No complaints!

Response from OnTheClock

Hello John,

Thank you for reviewing our time clock. We are happy that it is serving you well.

Marlon D.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Perfect for what we do

Reviewed on 29/08/2017

Pros

Easy to use, calculates time and allows our employees to clock in remotely. Also appreciate the payroll calculation function

Cons

Resets PTO every year instead of rolling over, making it very difficult to keep track of time accumulated individually.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Marlon! Thanks for the review! We are always trying to improve our system to make it better. We value your feedback.

Christine M.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Much more efficient and faster for hourly employee payroll

Pros

Very simple for employees to use. Very easy to run payroll.

Cons

PTO section. Doesn't carry over from year to year.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Christine, thank you for the generous review! We have great news! We will soon be releasing the ability to carryover PTO from one year to the next! This feature will be available within a week.

Julie U.
Industry: Insurance

Comments

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

Great

Pros

Ease of use, cost of product. Ability to make changes easily.

Cons

Employees think they clock in and doesn't work.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Julie,

Thank you for the kind review. If you're employees are having issues clocking is then please do not hesitate to reach out to us so we can help troubleshoot the issue.

Have a great day, and thanks again :)

Caroline B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Convenient and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 14/09/2016

This is a very user friendly website that anyone can adapt to. It is great for individuals to be able to look at their time sheet and for managers to manage the time sheets. Our bookkeeper can access the hours from another location to process payroll. I would highly recommend OnTheClock.com.

Pros

Easy to adjust pay, add vacation and holiday pay. Very user friendly.

Cons

Everything is great as far as I can tell!

Charlotte R.
Industry: Medical Practice

Great option for low cost time clock

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

We have a small business, I really appreciate the free option for the few staff members that I have.

Pros

It's so easy to use! We didn't have to spend hours training staff how to use the software.

Cons

Nothing! No complaints! We love the software.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Charlotte, thank you very much for the awesome review!

Jim H.
Industry: Construction

Great, easy to use app. Would recommend highly.

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

Easy access for employee and admin whenever needed. Quick and easy end of year reporting for contractors 10-99 tax information.

Pros

Great employee time options and data exporting/reporting capabilities. Excellent customer support, very quick response time and easy to work with.

Cons

I recall when first downloaded that I had an issue with the GPS employee tracking function but have not needed it since. I will re-attempt to use this function and see if issue still occurs. Other than that, I have had no issues and have no complaints with the sotware

Response from OnTheClock

Jim, Sorry you had issues with the GPS. Please let us know if you still have any problems when trying it again.

Darrell M.
Industry: Construction

Absolute time saver

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Pros

How easy it is to use with Quickbooks, the ease of having the employees clock in and out with out all the paper time cards.

Cons

How it is not as accurate on where the employees clock in.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Darrell,

Thank you for the review. Regarding the GPS accuracy of your employees clocking in and out, this isn't something that happens frequently, but we know that some Android devices should have there location refreshed before using the time clock app. This is just how some Android devices operate. Please contact us if you need additional assistance and we would love to help.

-Tim

Tanya R.

Easy to use. Time saving

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

Pros

Easy to keep accurate hours for employees Easy to do payroll and account for vacation and sick days

Cons

I would like to be able to cut and paste for the day or week. Sometimes I have difficulty trying to schedule on a certain employee. The screen doesn't give the correct date

Response from OnTheClock

Thanks for the review :)