Smart Service

Add scheduling, dispatching, and more to QuickBooks.

4.3 /5 (258 reviews) Write a Review!

Kendall U.

I really like Smart Service

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Our time tracking and billing processes were streamlined immensely over our previous methods. Also having the ability to provide job documentation to field workers through the app is very nice.

Pros

We switched to Smart Service and the iFleet app a little over a year ago. It has revolutionized our time tracking, job costing, and billing processes.

Cons

The software has a learning curve due to the massive functionality that is built in. It took a bit to figure it all out.

• Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Simple and easy to use excellent service and great customer support.

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Great Customer Support

Pros

This software has made the day to day struggles a breeze and customer handling easy, cannot remember a time not using this system

Cons

The day to day use of this service is great however if there was one thing I could change it would be the location of the calendar very bulky.

Audra P.

Love the integration with QuickBooks

Reviewed on 02/09/2016

The transition from the old dispatch program was ok but not great but I don't feel that was Smart Service's issue as much as it was a planning issue within our company. A detailed migration plan should have been written out and discussed in advance so that everything could be addressed. I suggest Smart Service take that lead as many companies just don't understand the devil in the details until it is too late.

Pros

I love that it integrates with QuickBooks in real time. There are pros and cons to seeing every work order in QB but that also allows us to easily see how many times we have been to a customers house. As I said, the devil is in the details and if you just reach out to the customer service rather than struggle with the reports - they will teach you a lot and get you the report you need much quicker than you can do it yourself - until you learn how to do it yourself! The program is very customizable so that it can become what you need.

Cons

I would like the schedule board to act as a calendar too - the default search info isn't what i need but Smart Service can change the defaults - we just haven't it yet - I need to be able to schedule meetings/days off/ appts that are not service calls - in a manner that will allow them to be seen on the schedule without requiring that they be "Completed" 'cause then they disappear.....

Milakaa T.

• Customer Support Software

Smart Service is the program we use on an hourly basis to keep our service business going.

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Everything is organized for me, makes taking, tracking calls a breeze!

Pros

Basic scheduling is very easy to learn, it only took me a couple of days to start scheduling basic calls. The rest involved mainly learning the service business that I work for in order to discover other needs within Smart Service. There is additional support via Smart Service's monthly webinars on various topics to assist with learning. I've attended 'Service Agreements' which I didn't know was possible until the webinar. I really like the reporting feature, it can generate useful data by request. For instance, pulling reports by customer location; if I want to view which customers live in South San Francisco I can easily create filters to do so. You really don't know how valuable a program is until your without it. We experienced our internet being down for half a day and had to go back to paper scheduling; that made us all realize how important Smart Service is to our business for sure!

Cons

If you misspell a customer name after selecting 'new customer/prospect' and make it to the main customer screen, you have to go into QuickBooks to make the corrections although it is a new customer. It would be better for new customers only to keep it unlocked until save is selected. That would save some time; I don't make constant errors but it happens occasionally. Also, tracking technicians does not seem to work 100%. I've made sure that their tablets are syncing but only have three technicians showing up on the map. Sometimes it can take a long time to load a customer and that delays a call and time. Other than those three minor problems, I can't really think of anything else.

Jennifer A.

WRP feed back

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

We do enjoys the layout the seamless communication to be able to share from office to field tech. The information does not always sync up.. Causing issues slowing things down in the field. However there are some great features. Would like to be notified when updates are available done. Maybe via email that would be great. Would also be great if a update video to share the following new update features are now available. As is i called in other day with issue found I was five versions behind that there had been so many updates done that I was missing out on when you think I should have been made aware of this via email. Been dealing with so many glitches and set backs that could have been avoid. Disappoints now updated there are way more things to see I'm not even sure how that all work yet can you email me a break down of the newer features and how to... I also think that the fees to add an additional work stations seems high.... Thank you WRP Office

Pros

The layout and client fields and custom features

Cons

syncing can be an issue not being able.
That when re activating job it does not have a easy close option that does not re send invoice to QB and or it fills ifleet with all the past jobs

Hannah V.

Easy to use.

Reviewed on 17/06/2016

GSI has been using Smart Service since 2011. Within the last four years we have started to maximize the different options within the program. Smart Service is so easy to use and the customer service team is very knowledgeable.

Pros

GSI loves how easy the program is to use and the customer service department. Whenever we have a problem the customer service representative fixes it as quickly as possible.

Cons

Overall Smart Service is a great program my biggest complaint would have to be charging for add-on programs.

Lisa S.

• Customer Support Software

Great dispatching program for smaller service company's.

Reviewed on 19/10/2016

We purchased the software over a year ago. The product only functions with Quick Books. As we grew the software presented some challenges for us. If you have multiple locations and Jobs under one customer the software slows way down when working/scheduling anything to do with that larger customer. We experienced a lot of errors when adding new jobs/or locations. The help desk worked hard to fix the issues, and for the most part they did. It still very slow when working in our largest customer. For dispatching is it great - the I fleet portion is user friendly for the guys in the field. The finished forms are not great I would like the option to create your own without an extra charge or edit the ones they have. Yes we are happy with the product, but there are some glitches that need to be addressed. 1. Notifying customers when updates are available - via email with needed password. 2. Forms - ability to edit them. 3. size restricting issues. 4. use without QuickBooks for scheduling.

Pros

The integration with QuickBooks - Eliminates double entry.

Cons

The inability to handle larger customers - ability to see previous work within those customers is not functional. Forms created in the program are not very good

Lorianne E.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Outstanding Software with Outstanding Customer Support

Reviewed on 20/03/2020

Smart Service is a reliable software that allows us to ease into our day and our driver's day. They know ahead of time what their schedule will be for the week. It allows me to spend more time with my customers. It makes scheduling a snap. Our invoicing goes out immediately, where before it went out a few days to a week later. Thus, we are getting paid faster.

Pros

Smart Service has streamlined and simplified our scheduling processes, service and billing. It has cut my paperwork down by half, allowing me to get other business tasks done that were going by the wayside.

Cons

The first year, it was difficult flipping back and forth between Quickbooks and SmartService, until we built up a history on our customers.

Angela F.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reliable Product

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

Overall the product is solid and the Support team is extremely helpful.

Pros

The scheduling feature works well. Many positive features, photo capturing, signatures, notes. I enjoy the monthly webinars that provide/reap new and old features of the product.

Cons

The downside of this product is the notes stay with the recurring job from year to year unless you create a new recurring job. This is time consuming and causes errors if the new job is not scheduled as recurring. A great feature would be for notes to automatically be archived when the next schedule occurs.

Lucas T.

• Customer Support Software

This software along with I fleet helped us streamline our scheduling and billing without paper

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

less paperwork and holds on to all open jobs scheduled until they are completely billed out

Pros

It integrates with the google calendar and Quickbooks. It holds pictures of jobs and really makes recurring jobs a breeze to setup and keep up with along with storing equipment mn and sn as well as warranty info.

Cons

nothing to really complain about. Sometimes the google calendar can be a hindrance because technicians can see 3 days out out and may be concerned about projects they are not on yet. Some may even develop a sickness they did not know they had in advance of a project they want to avoid.

Kathy M.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Smart Service is easy to you but it doesn't do a lot of the reports we would like to do.

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Its easy to use, that's about it. It does speak to Quickbooks but it creates a lot of errors which causes us to send our database in frequently.

Pros

Easy to use. The different screens can be confusing so you have to pay attention to what you're doing and what screen you are in. Lots of information can be entered into the system and utilized properly.

Cons

It creates errors in Quicksbooks and we constantly have to repair our database. The different screens which look identical, you have to be careful with. If you don't put the information into both sides, it does not transfer over.

Kathy M.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great Product

Reviewed on 21/09/2016

Smart Service is a pretty good software product, but its slow when maneuvering through it. It has great information and we utilize a good majority of its uses. It just takes a while to go from screen to screen.

Pros

I like that it's easy to use and the techs can add notes to it while out in the field.

Cons

I dislike that it is very slow. It takes a long time to go through each call and switch from screen to screen.

Sholom P.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent phone support and easy to learn and use program with a lot of functionality

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Saves time, and increases office and tech efficiency

Pros

The software allows me to schedule and track all of my jobs. IFleet not only updates in real time it also tracks where the technicians are, so if someone is "goofing off" you can spot it easier.

Cons

There are a few additional features that I would like. I.e. bar code scanning to ensure that the actual job was completed (most of my business is at recurring sites)

Katie P.
  • Industry: Utilities

• Customer Support Software

So easy and extremely useful!

Reviewed on 05/05/2017

All the of the necessary information is printed out on the daily workorders as needed. Again, this program is very easy to use as well as teach to new employees.

Pros

We love the fact that it is simple to use and holds a lot of our customers information. Searching for customers is what we use on a daily basis anytime our phone rings.

Cons

We really don't have much of anything to complain about. sometimes there are glitches but nothing major.

Travis M.

experience

Reviewed on 20/01/2017

overall a good experience. there are many times it takes hours to get a call back for support, this some time takes us totally of line and then we are back to handwritten tickets, adding obviously more work in the office

Pros

scheduling and real time info to the guys

Cons

issues with Quickbooks and the transfer of info, does not always come threw correct

David A.
  • Industry: Building Materials

The Best

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

This program has made us more efficient when it comes to scheduling and has eliminated our backlogs

Pros

The ease of moving jobs and seeing jobs, the interaction with Quickbooks is superb. Customer Support is great, the guys are quick to fix any issues plus very helpful in explaining features

Cons

not much of anything that I can come up with

Christopher L.

• Customer Support Software

My Service Depot is not a company that stands by its word, they tell you one thing and do...

Reviewed on 22/12/2017

Experience about what not to buy

Pros

job entry is ok. The ability to drop & drag jobs between technicians is nice. Ifleet program worked ok

Cons

When we purchased this software I purchased the dispatching add on called Ifleet for my field technicians. I was told and I quote "Ifleet purchase option _ iphone/ipad smart service add-on with no set up fees or ongoing monthly charges for service or support. That is off of my sales contract. They have turned off my Ifleet because I haven't paid my support fees. My agreement states there are no fees for support but somehow I owe them money, supposedly. Don't believe anything they say as they are just trying to get your money.

I also have issues with the program itself as you need to be able to write computer code to get any kind of reports from the software, the reporting feature is difficult to use. Its interface with QuickBooks is not great which makes tracking receivables and sales difficult. Overall I am very disappointed with this software and I would not recommend purchasing it.

Bridgett C.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Superior software

Reviewed on 21/09/2016

We have a pest can control company and was looking for a solution to 1.) our techs to do data entry on the ipad.
2.)integrates with quick books. This software does that and more!

Pros

1) Seamless integration with Quick books.
2) I fleet to works great with ipad.

Cons

A little too many steps for data entry

Emily K.

• Customer Support Software

Huge improvement over paper tickets!

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Streamlined our billing and collections / Greater use of QuickBooks and its features / Saved time / Centralized customer information

Pros

Syncs with Quickbooks / Ability to bill and collect on the job / Ability to add photos to jobs / Tracking work done previously for customers

Cons

Can be a bit buggy at times (often get error messages when trying to close out jobs) / Issues sometimes with Smart Service and iFleet sharing info (even after synced)

Jessica W.

Updating our Smart Service software

Reviewed on 05/01/2018

Pros

It's easy to use. It's also incredibly easy to customize it to fit our needs. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

Addition of extra modules/options can get a little pricey. iFleet devices/handsets add up fast too.

Brandy W.
  • Industry: Human Resources

We love smart service

Reviewed on 19/01/2017

We've been using Smart Service for a little over a year now, it has made scheduling so much easier. The program we used before seems so generic compared to Smart Service. There are so many features we didn't know we were missing until we started using Smart Service.

Kimberly S.

• Customer Support Software

Great software, easy to use.

Reviewed on 20/01/2017

It's been great to schedule with, does regular scheduling along with repairs on multiple visits and planned service jobs that repeat yearly. Ties in with QuickBooks, have had no problems with it whatsoever.

Pros

easy to use, easy to read font.

Cons

?

Shantell A.

Love this program

Reviewed on 05/08/2016

We purchased the smart service system while we are transitioning into going paperless. I love this system! Not only that, but it's easy to use and your customer service is great. They are always ready and willing to answer any questions that we may have.

Pros

I like how easy it is. I love how we are able to personalize it according to our company. I love how it comes with the ifleet system so that we can keep track of our technicians that are out in the field.

Cons

It was little hard to personalize it the way that we wanted, but customer service helped us step by step to get it how we wanted. I wouldn't say there are many other cons to it.

Travis T.

• Customer Support Software

Smart Service is awesome!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

We use Smart Service with i-Fleet the mobile portal for accessing Smart Service from an i-pad. We are able to keep track of our customers, schedule calls and dispatch them to our employees in the field. The thing that sold us on their software was that it retained functionality when not connected to the Internet. Our business is in a rural area and cell phone service can be sketchy. Most all of the other mobile scheduling software programs had to have an Internet connection to modify files. There is no need with Smart Service and i-Fleet. We can take notes, charge items and take payments in the field. It updates once back in coverage. The customer support is second to none. There are not any emails with endless service steps or rude IT guys asking you to click buttons faster then you can find them. They quickly respond to service requests by connecting to my computer while on the phone with me and fixing everything from there side. This company is great!

Pros

Quick books integration, offline functionality, two way syncing of notes and charge items and last but not least amazing customer service!

Cons

Upfront cost but it is worth it.

Victoria E.

Unreliable program

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

We use it for scheduling field techs for service calls. Great features, but the designers need to work on the reliability of the program.

Pros

This software offers a lot of features. It is extremely easy to use. It is evident that quite a bit of thought went into the design of the software, because the features are useful and informative. Syncs with QBD.

Cons

This software is glitchy on a regular basis. It is unreliable and has difficulty connecting with QBD on a daily basis, at times.