Smart Service

Add scheduling, dispatching, and more to QuickBooks.

4.3 /5 (257 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
4.5

takes time to get used to but very functional

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

Save time and aggravation of telling and waiting for tech's to turn in paper work; it does not get lost anymore :)

Pros

That it integrates with quick books; is a good reoccurring database of our client with reoccurring work on semi and annual basis. no need for a separate data base anymore. When use with iFleet all work orders come back to the office electronically along with any photos taken, and can be processed immediately if desired; although some customers complained the guy was still in the parking lot when they got the invoice; LOL
the tech also has the ability to make estimates and email to the client right on the spot with our custom made form.
Has reduced our paper consumption by 80% in the first year.

Cons

Sometimes there is a long lapse between windows; generally it is several seconds but at time it can be 15 to 20 seconds.
Having to update the customer list almost everyday; it tedious and with over 10K clients can take a long time.

Denise F.
Industry: Security & Investigations

ACI Smart Service Review 09-21-2016

Reviewed on 21/09/2016

We have been using Smart Service with the IFleet portion for our technicians in the field for about 4 years now. Overall it is a very good system.

Pros

The ease of entering customers, service tickets, time keeping and the GPS tracking are great benefits of this system. For the most part our technicians have been easily trained on the process and it has cut down on a lot of their processing time in the field.

Cons

We have used the "Get Customer" or "Sync Customer" functions many times and since some of our office employees enter data directly into QuickBooks, we've lost a lot of email address and contact information on our customers. This information is critical to our database and it's very frustrating to try to rebuild.
We have several labor descriptions for our business and the work tickets can be set up correctly for the type of labor on a service call, the information transfers to the invoice in QB correctly, but defaults to ONE labor description on the time cards. So I end up having to revise nearly ever time card entry to correct the labor code. Also have to change the service or installation name from the sales rep's name to the actual technician that did the work. This has made the payroll processing a lot more time consuming than it used to be when it was entered directly through the time card entry in QB.

Melissa T.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great program, excellent customer service

Reviewed on 15/05/2017

Linking it to our accounting program allows us to not have to log in customer information twice. Our old program we had to create a customer in the pest control program and then use that information to create them again in our accounting program. I like that we can post the work order and it automatically shows up in our QuickBooks.

Pros

How easy it is to navigate through the work orders and customers. I like that you can post multiple invoices at one time if needed, or even skip multiple invoices at one time, simply by checking a box and then posting the first. I like that it connects so easily with our QuickBooks program.

Cons

I wish it would automatically reset a customer's price information for the following month. We have to change the amount of rooms serviced each month in various hotels. Our previous program would set the amount of rooms back to the base amount of rooms, but this program leaves it at the amount you post each month, so the following month it will show the amount of rooms and price from the previous month. Sometimes our customers get confused.

Kathy M.
Industry: Restaurants

Scheduling with Ease

Reviewed on 19/01/2017

I have used Smart Service for 4 years now and it is a terrific software. It is very user friendly and easily navigated. We service 3 states - California / Arizona / Nevada - and our technicians have handsets that are in the field. Their feedback is that they like the software and ease of I-pad use when sending the documentation. The only downside is that I do not have enough time to navigate and learn and use all of its functionality. I am not using SmartService to its fullest capacity -- every day I learn a new function that I didn't realize existed. SmartService can fit all of your scheduling needs as it can be set up and programmed to suit your company's particular needs.

Pros

User Friendly; broad functionality in scheduling for tri-State area

Cons

Cannot to job times in timeframe needed-- our technicians work at night -- we can't show job times past 11:55pm

Melinda A.
Industry: Utilities

As with anything there are pros and cons, but the pros out weigh the cons by far.

Reviewed on 05/05/2017

That it links to QuickBooks is a big plus.

Pros

I like the ease of scheduling and tracking where my driver is. I also like the fact that my driver can take a picture for future reference when needed. Especially if we are waiting to do a repair at a later date and need to know which part is needed when we return.

Cons

I wish in the instruction section you could use bold and highlights when you want to make sure something stands out. I would like to be able to schedule a repeating phone call, for example, We have customers that we have repeating jobs every month but need to call the day before to remind them to put up animals or leave a gate unlocked. I would like for the reverse route the schedule when needed.

Jessica L.

Worked very well for dispatching HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical Service

Reviewed on 02/04/2018

Ability to dispatch efficiently. Ability to invoice easily without keeping track of paperwork. Everything was easily traceable. Very user friendly.

Pros

The ease of entering customers and service calls. Integrated live with QuickBooks. Easy to attach pictures and documents to service calls. Easy to run reports for department or service technician. Easy for technicians to complete work order/collect payment at the time of service call.

Cons

Tech support is great, but usually had to call and wait for a return call. Sometimes in the service industry those few minutes/hours can cost a lot of money.

Bobbi A.

Smart Service Review

Reviewed on 21/09/2016

A big software change is always so challenging. But converting to Smart Service was pretty smooth. They work really hard to bring over all info into the program. Even when we recently took over another company and had to bring in their customer base, it went very smooth.

The dispatch board is very good. And especially what we like is the reports that can be modified, and if you need a special report they will make it for you.

Pros

Reporting

Cons

The notes in the calls changed to being most recent first so the techs have to goto the bottom and read from there, instead of top down and adding to the bottom of the notes.

Don C.

Exceeded my expectations!

Reviewed on 02/01/2012

Great sales reps that listen to what you want the software to do. Great trainers that understand your industry and a great help desk that answers the phone when you need them. I talked to the owner Skip several times this year just to say thanks for the great product. He is really customer focused and it shows in his work.

Pros

We were looking for software to add scheduling to our Quickbooks. We tried ServiceCEO a year ago but could never get it going. The folks at Smart Service did several one on one training classes with us and really held out hand. Ross was the trainer that we worked with and you would have thought that he owned a pest control business. He knowledge about our industry blew my whole office staff away. We had the software installed on our 4 computers in a matter of hours. Once we were trained, we went live on March 1, 2011 and it was such a simple process. We have needed help this year and when we call the help desk, someone ALWAYS ANSWERS LIVE! That's just way too cool. When was the last time you got anyone to answer the phone live? These guys know what their doing. And the support is always first class. We've had Smart Service almost a year now and I wouldn't run my business without it. We've grown by 22% this year and I can say it has a lot to do with Smart Service.

Cons

Honestly the only con is I wish I would have made the switch sooner. Its a great product and a huge asset to my company.

Industry: Consumer Goods

Smart Service

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Pros

We have been Smart service users for approximately 6 years now. Smart Services customer service is unsurpassed. When you call they help you. The ease of remote login by Smart Service in an awesome feature. They can see exactly what the issue is.

Cons

I would say they have limited hours. If there is an issue on weekends, holidays or after business hours then you have to wait and that is the only con I can think of.

Emily B.

We use Smart Service for all our scheduling. Everything kicks out on time!

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Pros

We love that all our customers are able to have their extinguishers serviced every year on time due to Smart Service scheduling. Love the reporting tab so we can get a monthly spreadsheet of what we have due each month.

Cons

I've been using this software for 3+ years and have never had a problem so far! If I ever did, their technical support is always so helpful!

Christa J.

always great customer service

Reviewed on 02/05/2017

Pros

the ability to sync with quickbooks for billing. customer service is quick to respond and very polite.

Cons

i am not made aware of updates when they are released, i usually have an error, which will lead to a call and i will update. the ability to use smart service on ipad would be nice. mass data upload option, ie device inventory from excel sheet.

Matthew R.
Industry: Retail

Great All Encompassing Database

Reviewed on 20/10/2016

Software is great for keeping track of schedule, work orders, billing, proposals, and your fleet. It is also graphically pleasing and user friendly.

Pros

I like that it covers all aspects of our business. Ifleet is great.

Cons

A little resource heavy and slow at times.

Gary M.
Industry: Facilities Services

We're happy with Smart Service

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

We have used Smart Service since the inception of our business in 2006. We have been pleased with their overall performance and dedication for their customers for all these years.

Pros

Report function, scheduling capability, routing, reliability

Cons

difficult to make corrections on customer names. Having difficulty trying to email off of Smart Service.

Ty A.

we use for our technicians to enter their service orders. Sync to quickbooks saves double entry.

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Pros

Software syncs to QuickBooks automatically. Calendar view is easy to use. Calendar sync to Outlook and email notifications would be a nice feature.

Cons

Software freezes,' not responding' on occasion. It would be nice if entry and reports were more end-user customizable.

Laurel E.

Excellent software.

Reviewed on 29/12/2017

Pros

Smart Service is a very user friendly and easy to teach to new employees. Ifleet is a real plus for the technicians.

Cons

I am unable to delete employees out of Smart Service after termination. The inability to cut and paste equipment out of Smart Service.

Samuel F.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Great Product & Service

Reviewed on 18/01/2019

Pros

The integration with quick books avoids the double entry which saves me a lot of time. Customer service is always willing to help, they will help you get the reports you need much quicker than you can do it your self.

Cons

It can get a little bit slow when syncing but other than that I have no complains. Very useful software.

Brittany S.
Industry: Consumer Services

easy to use, but don't benefit from all aspects

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

There are too many options and buttons that I do not use and do not know what service they provide.

Pros

easy to search for clients and i like how you can leave notes in each clients file that shows up when you print the schedules

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Cathy W.

Smart service approval

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

Great program for service industry
Customer service is always helpful

Pros

Scheduling is wonderful Makes the service calls easier

Cons

Syncing on occasion takes a while to come through

Robert L.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Smart Service review

Reviewed on 19/01/2017

I have been using Smart Service and Ifleet for over a year now. I have been a dispatcher over 15 years. This software has been the best I have ever used. There are a lot of good features and the guys in the field are using it and its great. Thanks guys

Pros

The ability to work with quickbooks

Cons

Some times it takes long to load different windows

Donna L.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Excellent product and service

Reviewed on 22/09/2016

I've worked with Smart Service for over 3 years. Every time we've had an issue or even a question about Smart Service, we have received prompt attention and accurate resolution.

Customer S.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Interesting Software

Reviewed on 29/09/2016

Customer Service is awesome, but some of the features work and sometimes it does not keep the information in the system.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Melissa M.

DISAPOINTED

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 08/12/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

be advised that you can't even just purchase the product and use it. You have to pay for customer service to continue to use the product, even when you aren't at fault, when the system is not right you still have to pay for them to fix their problems.

Pros

Functions to schedule jobs is probably the only thing that I use this product for so I don't have many questions or problems, but when you do, its a problem

Cons

lack of customer service help on issues that are with the function of the product. I am able to function in the system as much as i need to, but when the system isn't doing what its supposed to then there is nothing I can do about it other than pay for them to fix a problem that should not exist

Response from Mike

I’m sorry that you’re disappointed with the charges for ongoing support of Smart Service. You are correct that we do charge for ongoing support, but that charge includes all product updates including new feature enhancements, call-in and email support, customer training webinars, and continuing use of our web services for our mobile application. We strive to provide the best products and services at a reasonable cost to our customers, and the total cost of Smart Service is among the most competitive in the industry. I see that you recently renewed your support account, and we hope that you’ll take advantage of all of the services that it includes.

Jessica F.

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

Smart service is awesome. Easy to use and good value for the money you pay. The customer support is the best! Great customer service and they absolutely know what they're stuff!

Pros

That it connects to QuickBooks.

Cons

I wish it had a little more features.

Eric J.

Assisted Clients with the QuickBooks Integration of Smart Service

Reviewed on 03/09/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Their support and dedication to making sure that a client is set up properly and has the right training to use this to the best advantage of their business goes far beyond what I've seen with many other software companies.

Cons

I need more training in the actual product, but I haven't run into any issues where the software isn't doing something I was told it would, which has happened often with other products.

Amaury R.
Industry: Facilities Services

Great Software

Reviewed on 21/09/2016

The software is very stable and does what we need. Tech support is very helpful and quick fixing any issues. We are bery happy.

Pros

It fits well with our industry. ( Locksmith )

Cons

None