Sling

Employee scheduling made easy and free!

4.5 /5 (80 reviews) Write a Review!

Radomir C.

Using for Global Operations Centre

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Generally excellent tool to organize and coordinate shifts. Daily use, easy to follow and manage, flexibility and many options.

Pros

Free version suitable for small team to try and use + availability - flexibility to update in case of more requirements. App + web and notifications... Generally we have not found better product so far for 24/7 operations team.

Cons

Not really , suits our needs, if you need more reports you have to pay, what is normal and reasonable. Not sure if possible to have few different time zones in one schedule, based on location

Excellent time management tool

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Using Sling, we're able to correspond with our staff more effectively and schedule more efficiently. It keeps payroll costs in budget and keeps employees happy...No complaints!

Pros

In my office, we have a different platform already in place for time tracking, but Sling was recommended to us as a scheduling service. It works great! At no cost, we can allow our employees to request hours, we can assign shifts, and we can communicate schedules to our staff. It's helped us to keep our payroll costs in check at no additional cost. If we had the opportunity to switch to Sling for actual time tracking as well, we'd probably consider it.

Cons

No cons. I like the features, the interface, and the pricing model. If there's any con at all, it's that Sling can give information so freely that it at times becomes redundant.

Teresa A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Sling was perfect for our needs

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Pros

I love being able to completely customize shifts and even have them color coded. Everything was exceptionally easy and didn't require a training day to show employees how to use it. The ability to pull reports for payroll and other financial figures was a huge time-saver for us. Customer service is readily available and even friendly in emails.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints and just hope it stays the same a nice long time.

Matt F.

Overall a great scheduling program

Reviewed on 20/09/2018

Pros

The ability to completely get away from paper scheduling for my employees is great, and if a change is made they are all alerted through the website and mobile app. No matter where I am, I always no who is scheduled and can use my phone or tablet to manage all of it.

Cons

It is a bit cumbersome to copy and paste multiple weeks of schedules at a time.

Morgan B.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Better Organize Your Schedule

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

I used Sling to coordinate and schedule individuals canvassing for a political party. There could not have been a more simple way to run the campaign and I have used it in several campaigns over the past few years.

Pros

Easy to quickly see schedule, Digital sharing among employees, Adjustments are quick and immediately seen, User friendly, High quality app

Cons

All changes have to be approved by an administrator, it would be convenient if my employees were able to trade shifts themselves without the approval. I wish there was a "low priority" setting that would allow this change. There were some difficulties using the software between different phone providers depending on how good the service was in the area.

Jason K.
  • Industry: Research

Decent event scheduler for medium sized groups

Reviewed on 11/08/2019

Pros

Ability to organize events for a medium sized group and share documents between participants.

Cons

Email notifications did not work as reliably as wished for - either that or it was too easy to mess up notification settings.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great for work

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Pros

This software makes work scheduling very easy. Great also for messaging coworkers

Cons

No issues at all. Everything has worked fine as long as I’ve used this.

Jesse T.

Sling is a great scheduling software that's easy to use

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

My overall experience with Sling has been great. I started using it at my new job for scheduling and discovered it's capabilities. I'm using both the website and the mobile app on my phone, both of which work very well.

Pros

It's easy to use and has lots of features. It can be used on a website instead of downloading an application.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about Sling so far. I haven't come across any issues that I would consider marking as a con.

Sling

Reviewed on 01/06/2019

Great! Awesome for scheduling and knowing what is going on with the company as whole.

Pros

Sling has an awesome dashboard where you get alerts on open shifts, your next shift, and messages from your boss/scheduler. It is simple to navigate, request time off, and offer up shifts if need be.

Cons

There are a lot of alerts/notifications. Some are necessary, so you don't want to turn them off, but others are a little extraneous.

Brittany D.

Sling has been great so far!

Reviewed on 18/08/2019

Overall sling has been the best team communication that I have experienced.

Pros

I like that everyone on my team is able to communicate at the same time and no one misses anything. It’s way better than normal emails since sometimes a colleague could be left out of the communication.

Cons

I don’t like that you can’t turn on a sleep mode. I get a notification anytime someone replies and it could be all times of the night.

Melissa B.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Scheduling made easy

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

still a great program

Pros

This program allows us to schedule our on call people and have the updates sent to them right away. This keeps communication flowing and everybody in the know at all times. Multiple user access also makes it easy for remote access changes to happen.

Cons

There is not a way to send individual schedules to each employee, it only goes out as a whole and the individuals must locate themselves within it.

Katarina S.

Very high functioning PM software

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Project management issues are being solved, and communication

Pros

I like that you can create your own schedules within Sling, as well as look at the overall schedule. It helps as a manager because I am able to see when employees request time off, I can see all my tasks, etc.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curb when you first start to learn Sling. However, once you've used it a few times, you'll get used to it.

Muhammad K.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

• Customer Support Software

The best software/tool for shift scheduling. Very easy to use/user friendly.

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

All HR and shifts work done here for free

Pros

It has every thing you can think of. Easy interface, mobile app, notifications, set employee role and tells you the total hours done by the team and a lot more. The best part is its totally free

Damien M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Nice to have

Reviewed on 22/09/2018

Great

Pros

Easy to use and helpful. Great for scheduling!!!

Cons

Less tabs, so much is going on. HAve to juggle hwre everthing is and would be nice to have it more organized

Ronald L.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Looking to cord cut? Not a bad option.

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Pros

Watch TV on multiple devices. Get a free trial to try is out and see if it a good option before you fully commit.

Cons

Not the ala carte tv experience you would expect. Still have to choose between certain packages. Anything else you want you need to pay extra.

Chuck A.

• Customer Support Software

Very good and consistent shift management

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

The Sling support folks have been great. I feel kind of guilty because I am using the free version, but it does what I need.

Pros

The graphical interface is well-designed and lets folks see the information they need to see. Set up is pretty straightforward. There have never been any interruptions in service that we have noticed.

Cons

I could wish that shifts for a week could be copied into as many future weeks as I choose, rather than having to do them one week at a time. For our team, shifts haven't really changed for years and that would be nice.

Lynn V.

• Customer Support Software

This app is a game changer

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

Sling is excellent! I have been using it for several years and it’s getting better every year. I highly recommend it. It’s allows real time scheduling for team members as well as time off requests, shift notifications and several more options. It’s extremely convenient and easy to use. There are great simple features like colour blocking specific roles, it’s the little things that count. Along with all of that there is virtually no annoying advertising.

Sling has created a seamless connection between schedule creators and team members creating easy communication and boundaries.

Thank you Sling for generously offering such a great app.

Pros

There are so many options and it’s very easy to use from both the administrator and users point of view. It’s constantly being updated for improvements and there is absolutely no advertising on the free version.

Cons

It’s not really a con more of a possible option in the future and perhaps this is already an option. It would be great if it could link to iCal for apple users.

Kris L.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great for Remote Working

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Sling has made tracking hours a lot easier and has helped the payroll department immensely. It's organized and fairly user friendly, there's a slight learning curve but it's not bad. It's been nothing but useful!

Pros

Support for this program is good, I've never had any complaints there. You can schedule shifts or just let employees clock in and out as needed. They can pause their shift if a break is being taken.
The in app messaging system is decent.
As an admin you can leave notes and tags on what each shift is and what that person will be doing/did, they can even been color coded.
It's very easy to add an employee and schedule shifts for them.
There's a general news feed and a tasks board where you can assign tasks to certain people.

Cons

The only con I can think of right now is employees can't just directly add a note to the shift they've just finished and the navigation takes a little while to get used to.
The messaging system doesn't have a global moderator too, so if something is being said that shouldn't be, screenshots from another employee would be the only way to know.

Rachel L.
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

Good Experience with Sling

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Overall, Sling has been a great app. We have used other apps and this one has been the easiest to use and the most helpful.

Pros

I like that this software is fairly user friendly. If your shift is pre-programmed, you can go right on the app and clock in (which is helpful). I like that times can be edited as needed if I forgot to clock in, etc. I also love the ease of being able to check other employee's schedules as well as my own (as I am a lead technician).

Cons

This software gives me limited issues. Although, I sometimes forget how to find the time sheet space, etc. One thing I would love to see is what time I clocked out so I know exactly when I need to be clocked in. Or if it could be programmed to remind you to clock in (almost like an alarm).

Rebekah P.

• Customer Support Software

Sling - scheduling made easy!

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Overall, I have really enjoyed Sling. It has helped me keep track of my own personal schedule

Pros

Sling makes creating your schedule so easy. Personally, I travel a lot for my job, so being able to track each hour of my day through sling has made things much easier. I also like how easy it is to just request time off for vacation and medical!

Cons

Can’t really see other team members shifts, so it makes it hard to keep track of what other team members schedules look like through out the day. It would be great to have more of a view.

Jessica K.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Great program to use for scheduling

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Pros

We have over 80 people in our department and Sling is our go to for scheduling. We use the free version, so we do not have all the features, but this system is easy to use and great for communicating updates to all of our staff vs sending an email. We are able to send "blast" messages.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to input rather than dragging or entering one by one (if they are not on a recurring schedule). Also, I would love to have the ability to export the schedule to Excel so we are able to post a paper copy.

Noora C.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great Company-Wide Communication Tool

Reviewed on 08/10/2016

Sling is an awesome free program that makes company-wide communication a breeze. It's similar to an internal Facebook, with a newsfeed, messaging and contact lists. We were having communication issues between our three restaurants and Sling helped solve the issue tremendously. When you post on the newsfeed you can see who viewed the post which is great for accountability. It also has scheduling which they are continously adding updates to but we do not use that aspect as we ran into a few complications when trying to save templates for three different locations. It's great because it's an app so you can use the instant messaging to contact one another without needing to exchange phone numbers.

• Industry: Veterinary Software

• Customer Support Software

Excellent solution for scheduling, time clock, and company-wide communication

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Sling has been an excellent addition to our company's set of software. I would recommend Sling to any SMB.

Strong scheduling platform
Strong time clock platform
Numerous communication and task solutions

Cons

Can't run payroll directly through it - yet!

Lynn H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Sling Review

Reviewed on 15/03/2021

Very good product and easy to use

Pros

It's easy to schedule appointments from anywhere, on PC or on the phone app.

Cons

It could be a little more geared toward my business, but it works fine.

Clayton A.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

The easiest way to view schedules.

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

I am solving the problem of being able to view my work schedule from anywhere. If I ever need to reference the hours I work in the future or past, I can easily look it up.

Pros

This product is very easy to use. I love that I am able to view my schedule, and also the schedule of all of my coworkers in one place. The app is very responsive and has a clean, easy to use interface. When filling in my weekly timesheet, I am able to look back at all of the hours I have worked and use that as a reference.

Cons

One feature that could be added is being able to view my schedule for the month on mobile. I noticed that I am able to do this on the desktop site, but it would be helpful on mobile as awell.