Sling

Employee scheduling made easy and free!

4.7/5

104 Software options

Anthony M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

The best scheduling software I've ever used.

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

This is has been an eye-opening experience. I didn't know such an awesome scheduling solution existed and is perfect for small or large businesses. Everybody with a team should be using Sling.

Pros

It allows for coordination across unlimited business locations and unlimited employees. The ability to offer shifts to employees and allow them to claim or apply for them is incredible. SMS notifications to employees for their shifts, daily email notifications for managers to know who is working where, allowing staff to call out or switch shifts, apply for time off, set availability, and more.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about this software. If I had to find something, it would be that at times, the interface is laid out unusual to our expectations but once you see what it's doing, it makes perfect sense.

Tina L.

Best Value for your money

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Communicating with my team is easier especially since it was a free app and they are able to get notifications. I communicate much more effectively with news updates and menu changes.

Pros

It is very user friendly. I use it for scheduling and although I am currently unable to use the actual scheduling portion, I love the newsfeed portion! It is our own social media hub that I use to upload schedules, upload news of the restaurant, menu changes etc. The best feature is that I can see who has viewed it!!

Cons

Once I edit a post on the newsfeed portion and repost it, it doesn't alert users that there has been a modification.

• Customer Support Software

Sling a must to check it out.

Reviewed on 18/05/2019

My personal feelings after having to pay such high prices for cable channels on the market we just had to drop them. Someone told us about sling and to try it. We love it. We will stick with sling for a long time. And to enjoy all the channels for cheap prices and affordable. Check it out and try it. Highly recommended Sling.

Pros

Sling is a great program. We have been with sling for 3 years now. We love sling. It better than spectrum for cable. Sling is way cheaper than any cable on market unless you go annetena. In order to use sling we had to buy roku to get sling for our tv. Sling programs offers very good rates for cable channels and more. Sling also offers dvr for any channel they have. My favorite channel is hallmark. Sling offers 3 hallmark channels that i never knew was on market. So being on a budget this was good buy and reasonable. Just to enjoy sling. I highly recommend it to anyone that is on a budget.

Cons

I don't have any complaints or downfall with sling. I am very happy and pleased with sling. I don't know what i do without sling program. It great program and you can't go wrong with sling.

Nancy F.
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

Sling Review

Reviewed on 08/09/2020

Scheduling and messaging staff is so much easier now. It is all on one platform that is easy to navigate.

Pros

We have tried several different scheduling softwares. All fell short in one way or another. Sling is easy to use as an administrator and also as an employee. Very intuitive and love having the option to send messages as well.

Cons

The only negative I can find is that when printing the schedule, it is not in a easy format so is not user friendly.

Vanessa V.
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

Sling for Scheduling

Reviewed on 06/12/2021

Overall I am pleased with this software, our employees never have any negative feedback which is always nice.

Pros

I really appreciate that there is an accessible employee database. This feature allows me to not have to add every employee on my personal phone because I can reference the database for needed information. I also quite like the Newsfeed feature. We currently have different categories in which to post pertinent information. It is helpful in sharing information with the team when we are all not present.

Cons

I do not like that when on my desktop, the Newsfeed will alert me about new posts but the alert will not go away after I review the posts.

• Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Great Scheduling app with tons of potential

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Pros

Very easy to use, lots of view options and adjustments, fairly clean interface, amazing features for free.

Amazing that you can drag and drop, use keyboard shortcuts to copy shifts. UI is fairly full featured!

Mobile apps are great, notifications are amazing.

Cons

We have multiple managers using Sling, and one annoyance is that we can't see each other's unpublished shifts. We end up using each other's accounts to see and adjust shifts.

The messaging app seems like it would work really well, but we already use another way to communicate (Slack, FB messenger, WhatsApp are all viable and free). Same goes with Tasks and Newsfeed. I would've preferred the Clock in/out as an included feature over Tasks, Messages, and Newsfeed. Beggers can't be choosers though!

I tried to contact Sling for interfaces, but got no response. Would like to know some of the interfaces they've already developed to be in the Premium prices.

Tom M.
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Really Enjoy using product. Makes my scheduling so much easier.

Reviewed on 19/03/2021

Love the app for scheduling all my staffing needs.
Thanks for your efforts!!!

Pros

Ease of use for multiple operations.
Ease of use for employees.
Great Work. Keep it UP!!!!

Cons

Cant think of much, sorry.
Sometimes when using edit feature for a REPEATING Shift you are unable to do a few, possibly week at a time??? its either All Future Shifts or Just this one. Could we get more options.

like i said cant think of much.........

Georgeanna C.
  • Industry: Events Services

Terrific Scheduling/Time Clock Tool

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Pros

Sling offers the flexibility to schedule and track staffing for irregular events (catering) with ease. I can also track actual hours worked vs my budget and schedule. Tremendously helpful. Their support has been very responsive, too.

Cons

Not much I would change! The only issue my team and I have experienced is that the notifications can be excessive, e.g. if I post a month work of events, staff who are eligible for multiple positions will get dozens of notifications. It'd be nice if there was an option to get a notice of updates, but a digest of the details.

Maddie W.

Sling - Multiple Employee Scheduling

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Pros

I like sling because of all the different customization options they give you. You can group people by position and schedule them easily. This is he best scheduling app I have used so far. You can see how many hours you've schedule for each position per day and per week and that is very helpful.

Cons

One thing I do not like about sling is that adding in the shifts each month/week can get pretty tedious. Also, it is very easy to delete all shifts for one person when you only meant to delete one.

• Customer Support Software

Love this scheduler for our team!!

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

Pros

I love how easy it is to track unavailability, submit time off requests, see others who are scheduled, and communicate with them all in one platform.

Cons

I wish I could search availability of just ONE other user. Right now I can see mine or I can see full schedule, including everyone's "unavailability." I wish there was a "scheduled" option or just ONE person's option.

• Industry: Cosmetics

• Customer Support Software

Best scheduling software I have used

Reviewed on 14/01/2019

Used this software at multiple jobs and the ease of use is exemplary as well as the features are very useful as an employee.

Pros

The feature where it lets you offer shifts and have shifts covered all with the click of a button. No more text or phone calls to co workers asking for shift coverage!

Cons

Slight learning curve to learn all of the features. I reccomend a group training.

Dan H.

• Customer Support Software

Amazingly easy to use shift scheduler and perfectly integrated chat/announcement functions

Reviewed on 02/05/2017

Scheduling shifts for our NOC is finally easy, and our ability to communicate across multiple shifts has vastly improved.

Pros

I am the supervisor of a NOC with 24x7 shifts 356 days. We recently replaced our old scheduling software with Sling. From the very first mouse click we have been overwhelmed with how happy we are with this software.
Shift function: Ease of use - We re-created our schedule in minutes. Its easy to read and track.
Message function: Ease of mass communication - With an easy to use app on our phones and a simple messaging area, we have now replaced SLACK

Cons

Tasks Function: Lack of functionality - The task schedule does not support large teams very well. We have decided to not use this function at this time.

Kyle J.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Sling Review

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

Pros

I love how i can see which co-workers are going to be in, and which ones need shifts covered, as well as seeing when Overtime is approved, without having to call and ask someone

Cons

I feel like they could make it more simple, or less cluttered. I also wish that i could set my default view of my schedule to month rather than weekly

Amber P.

Scheduling App

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

This seemed to make it easier on our supervisor to keep track of all of the different shifts that people were asking off for, or switching around. It also is nice to see when there are shifts that are available to pick up.

Pros

When they first implemented this at my part time job, I was a little weary, it seemed to be a bit convoluted and overwhelming, but then I realised how nice it is to have something within the software showing that I DID put my unavailability in there, and not rely on trying to find an email or a text. Once I put it in Sling, it confirms it and I can go back in and check that my availability or lack there of, is in the system. Once I sat down and played with the system, it was very easy to follow and to use.

Cons

I don't like that everyone else on our staff can see my unavailability, but that may be something they can change in the back end that I dont have access to. I also get a little overwhelmed when the schedule has a lot of people scheduled in one day, it's a little crazy looking on the screen

• Industry: Human Resources

Sling review

Reviewed on 07/12/2019

Overall, I like Sling. It’s a great alternative to cable.

Pros

It offers the most channels at an affordable price compared to its competitors (Philo, PlayStation VUE, etc.).

Cons

It can lag at time but that is to be expected. I don’t have many complaints to be honest.

Thea E.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Workforce management in the cloud

Reviewed on 22/09/2018

Pros

I enjoyed testing this software - it's good for workforce management and staff load distribution. It has a lot of features that will make a project manager enjoy it a lot. I also like the flexibility it offer for recurring scheduling. I have tried other tools, but their is easier to use in terms of recurring scheduling. The price is also reasonable and it offers free trial, which is really cool. I haven't used the part where you could compute the labor rates, which I'm pretty sure it would be awesome to use too, makes billing a lot easier.

Cons

We tried to use this tool for the project scheduler, however, it was quite challenging, as we were dealing with 200+ people at that time. If you only have 1 person doing the tracking, I wouldn't recommend it. It'll be a lot of work for 1 person. Sling offers too many options that you'd like to use them all to make the most of the really good price that they offer.

Javon A.
  • Used for 2+ years

Sling - JA

Reviewed on 19/01/2019

Pros

Sling allows a business to schedule employees and allows the employees to use a similar software to view their schedules making everyone's lives easier.

Cons

I feel as though Sling is missing a lot of features for companies such as mine.

Garima G.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to track scheduling software

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Its an effective tool for team scheduling. It is customizable and easy to use.

Pros

Easy to put the schedules for the employees. Ensures that the schedules are conflict free, Also enables clear communication between the team members

Cons

not as such. I use it for scheduling only and this part of the system works as per the requirements.

Mellody B.

Great addition

Reviewed on 20/02/2021

Pros

We utilize another system for time in/out, and payroll. This is a great addition for scheduling. It allows our team to put in request off times, and it's easy to see within the scheduling system. We use the free version.

Cons

I wish the free version allowed me to track call offs.

Gets the word out to the whole team

Reviewed on 12/06/2020

I have been using Sling for the past few months since starting my current job. It has been a very effective way to communicate needs with people working on-site and at home - especially when sharing needs for people to come in and help provide coverage. The push notifications are also a simple way to receive this information in a timely manner.

Pros

Sling enables messages to quickly reach all members of my team. It is a quick way to communicate when a shift is available/needing to be covered. By having all of this centralized on Sling, members of my team can see from home when there are coverage needs and quickly sign up to provide the coverage.

Cons

It took me and my time a little bit of time to get the settings correct when I started my job so that I could see the right people's schedules. This was able to be fixed after some trial and error.

Rickelle L.
  • Industry: Media Production

Nice!

Reviewed on 27/01/2021

Overall experience I with Sling is going well.

Pros

All of your schedule selections are available right away, the also email you when any notification is available on the app. It’s easy to apply and dismiss shifts that you don’t want or that you’ve already worked.

Cons

As of right now I don’t have any cons about using Sling. It’s easy, convenient, there’s an app for it as well.

Jc B.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to organise a team roster

Reviewed on 03/12/2017

Better view on what the team is working on, especially as we had to coordinate two teams based in two different countries and sharing common resources.

Pros

Great view on the whole team schedule when you need to organise time slots. Great free plan to get started.

Cons

The UX could be better : some of the features are difficult to find and the UI is a bit dull compared to other platforms in the same category.

Steve G.

• Customer Support Software

Overall - Works great and solves all my issues

Reviewed on 03/10/2021

Much easier than a spreadsheet for scheduling. Interaction for staff really makes things easy.

Pros

Seems to cover all of the bases for what I need.

Cons

Takes a while to figure out the details but does everything I need

Raleem B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

THE BEST

Reviewed on 05/06/2021

GREAT

Pros

SCHEDULING AND MESSAGING IS SO USEFUL. WE USE IT OFTEN

Cons

WE CANNOT EASILY SEARCHING FOR OLD MESSAGES

Joshua D.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Overall not bad

Reviewed on 06/12/2020

Pros

It was free and what they were already using

Cons

Did not like it lacking integration with our pos