Klaviyo

Growth marketing platform powering personalized experiences

4.6/5
Customer Support Software

Dennis M.

• Customer Support Software

A glowing beacon in a saturated market

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Fantastic from beginning to end. I would suggest Klaviyo to anyone.

Pros

There are hundreds of email marketing managers, and they all pale in comparison to Klaviyo. Instead of trying to be a jack of all trades, Klaviyo focused on making the best e-commerce marketing platform, PERIOD. The integration with Shopify is an utter game changer, and makes it possible to actually feel in control of your marketing.

Cons

When it comes to Klaviyo, there is a bit of a learning curve. They do make sure there are plenty of resources, so if you want to learn you will.

Sendinblue

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

For the focused look into e-commerce and the commitment to make the best e-commerce marketing resource.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Klaviyo is more focused on e-commerce which is my primary focus.
Claire C.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

• Customer Support Software

Completely transformed our ecomm presence!

Reviewed on 06/01/2022

Pros

Klaviyo doesn't just have an easy-to-use platform that makes it fast to set up flows and campaigns, their customer support is incredible! They're always super helpful and the platform has helped us dramatically increase our conversion rate!

Cons

I would like to see more templates that can easily be customized, they have a great selection but I would love to see more!

Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

We needed better deliverability, analytics, and functionality.

Alice A.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool if you have time to learn and can afford it

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Pros

Segmentation is super easy, best analytics among it's competitors and there's a lot of templates to choose from. I like that they have SMS capability too so you don't have to find another provider for this service. There's a sales team who walks you through the initial integration.

Cons

Live customer support is hard to get a hold of even as a paid customer. There are articles that attempt to solve your problem but if it doesn't address it, you're out of luck. There's a variety of templates but if you want to change them at all, it's not easy manipulate. If you have dedicated email marketer or have tons of time to learn the ins and outs, this is a great platform but if you want something more simple, other platforms are easier to use.

Luke P.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Klaviyo Review - Best platform for online marketing

Reviewed on 27/09/2021

My overall experience with Klaviyo has been extremely positive as it has allowed me to build better relationships with my target audience. I have faced very few issues with the platform and it is very easy to use, meaning that I was able to send campaigns quickly after I first started using it. I would highly recommend Klaviyo to anyone who wants to get started with online marketing and those with online stores on Shopify as you integrate the two, to boost customer loyalty and increase repeat business.

Pros

The best features of this platform include the ability to design and save your own personalised email templates that you can send to your customers in an email campaign, I have access to email templates provided by Klaviyo and the option of designing my own from scratch. This has been very useful as it allows for each email to appear professional in its aesthetics and layout. Furthermore, you can create a list of all your contacts and then create segments to send campaigns to a group of those contacts who meet specific criteria. This means I have been able to send emails to those who only certain campaigns apply to, without having to send it to all of my consumers, which stops people from unsubscribing from my mailing list and prevents emails from entering spam folders. The 'Smart send' option also stops emails from being sent to those who have received them in the last 24 hours, to also stop spam emails from being received by my customers. Perhaps the most useful feature provided is the 'Analytics' feature, which lets you view how each campaign is performing, as it provides accurate information on how many emails have been received and who has opened them. This allows me to measure the success of each campaign and helps me to improve the reach of my future campaigns.

Cons

I would like Klaviyo to let more information to be stored on each contact such as the company they work for, a 'notes' feature would be very useful which could allow you to enter extra details about the customer, as this is currently not an option. Also I would like the option of being able to search for an individual and then add them to another (new) list/segment, so that when I need to email a small number of specific clients, I can do this without having to email them individually. As well as this a more powerful search engine on the website when searching for specific customers would be incredibly helpful. These are the main limitations that the platform currently has in my opinion and if these were amended, it would be even easier to use.

Kate S.

Upgrade from Mailchimp

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

Pros

I had been thinking about switching to Klaviyo for a year, and I am glad I did! I have been using for about 4 months now. I love the multi-step automation email and SMS paths of Klaviyo - I am always in touch with customers in a personalized way. The overall design I prefer Klaviyo to Mailchimp. The interface is clean, easy and full of data. The layouts that come with Klaviyo for campaigns are modern and well-designed. It makes designing emails actually fun again! I am excited to continue to implement all the new features Klaviyo offers in my marketing. The possibilities seem endless and I am already seeing great results!

Cons

Because of all the features offered in Klaviyo, there was a learning curve and it took time to implement and switch but definitely worth it and necessary!

Alyssa B.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent Email Marketing and Analytics Software

Reviewed on 07/01/2022

I enjoy using Klaviyo. Building new emails is easy (and fun) with their included templates and suggestions. The trainings and academy content helps to continue my professional development and means I am able to continue improving.

Pros

Klaviyo is an intuitive software for email list management and content creation that provides helpful analytics and suggestions for improvement. t integrates easily with Shopify. Live trainings with their team are helpful, and their support team for any inquiries makes for a great experience all around.

Cons

When integrating with Shopify at first, it can be difficult to track where emails are going out - through flows or directly through Shopify. We still have issues with some of this. Some of the training information is hard to implement when you are a company that does not introduce new products often or that has high-cost products.

Jay C.

Our Experience as Newbies

Reviewed on 23/12/2021

Very positive experience overall.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the software. I've used competition software for years for different business and marketing campaigns. It became so complicated that I wasn't sure the time I was spending was actually worth the investment.

Cons

One thing I noticed missing, which other competition offers, is the ability to resend a campaign to non-openers within a time period, thereby guaranteeing higher open rates.

Dave K.

• Customer Support Software

Top notch email marketing platform

Reviewed on 07/01/2022

Pros

Klaviyo is fully integrated with Shopify and it makes setup a breeze. The ability to slice and dice data for deep analysis and segmentation is super powerful. Benchmarks allow me to track relative performance.

Cons

If email templates could be easier to use and more elaborate, this would be even better.

Carrie B.

Simplicity

Reviewed on 30/12/2021

Pros

Klaviyo is pretty simple to use. I haven't spent much time learning how to use different features, but it is very simple to use for monthly newsletters and important announcements to our patients.

Cons

When I schedule an email to send, I wish it was easier to cancel the send to make an edit.

Pratima S.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Jewelry Brand Review

Reviewed on 05/01/2022

Power of email is real. Support is good. Webinars are useful to get good tips.

Pros

Flows - automation
Analytics - digging deeper in the profiles
Forms - implementing on our site and being able to capture emails directly

Cons

Fonts
Creating segment definitions not as intuitive
Better way of organizing uploaded images so you can search easier
Linking content from site - search capability needs to be better
Wish editing tools for images were more robust

Drip

Partnership with Shopify and ClearCo

Shopify
Eszter D.
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

Best e-mail marketing solution for Shopify

Reviewed on 28/09/2021

I have tried many email marketing providers (MailChimp, Sendlane etc) and found that Klaviyo offers the highest customer service, hands-on implementation, very detailed training and on-boarding. They also offer many pre-build email templates and flows that are customizable

Pros

Klaviyo's customer service and implementation team is outstanding! Nate walked us through the platform and shows us the dashboard, which was very helpful. After we signed up, we had 6 (1-hour) onboarding calls with an implementation specialist to make sure we set up everything correctly.

They offer MANY pre-built email campaign templates and flows, so creating a full email strategy is very easy! Reporting and the dashboard is very user friendly. Connecting with Shopify only takes a minute.

Cons

We hope that the SMS marketing feature will integrate with Gorgias soon - Klaviyo confirmed that it is coming!

Mailchimp and Sendlane

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

MailChimp did not provide training and tech support.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Mailchimp did not have an easy to reach customer service team and they did not offer a dedicated customer success manager like Klaviyo does.
Manny N.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Good ESP That Does What You Need

Reviewed on 14/06/2021

Besides cost, the biggest team our team wanted to get out of the ESP was email automation which you get built in with Klaviyo. We had some assistance with our agency to get on-boarded and build some additional flows but overall, there wasn't to much of a learning curve with building the emails. Their tables do not render nicely in Outlook though, which didn't have that issue before which is a bummer.

Pros

With our previous ESP, we had to pay extra for the automation that you would expect with your email service provider. With looking at bottom line, that is what lead us to research other ESPs, which lead us to Klaviyo. While there is a learning curve with any new program, this one wasn't to bad to get adjusted. I will say I do miss the dedicated account rep we had with previous ESP and the on-boarding specialist okay...our marketing agency helped with the on-boarding as it was heading into Q4 and they helped steer ship in right direction after first two emails had less then stellar open rates.

Cons

The features are there that you need from an ESP perspective. They even recently announced the introduction of SMS marketing within their platform which helps ROI tracking to be even better instead of having to rely on a 3rd party vendor and who takes credit between a SMS message or email message. While our email send total is actually higher than in Listrak, we do not have a dedicated account manager to meet with and discuss the account, what they see, suggestions on where to optimize, etc. It is much cheaper than Listrak and another ESP we looked at so you get what you pay for.

dotdigital Engagement Cloud and Emarsys

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

If money wasn't an issue between the two platforms, I would have stayed preferred we stayed with Listrak, but there cost was way to high comparatively and not even for as many "goods."

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Ultimately we were able to get everything we were looking for at a lower cost with Klaviyo. Had some hiccups along the way and the Outlook rendering issue is a pain in the rear if you aren't coding all your emails, but to stay with Listrak, it would have been a much higher cost.
Meghan W.

My favorite marketing tool

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Klaviyo has helped us build our email marketing and is one of my favorite marketing tools/platforms that I use on a daily basis.

Pros

I love pretty much everything about Klaviyo - from the visual/block email builder to the segmentation and automated flows, Klaviyo has helped us level up our email marketing in the past year from zero to thriving. I find it easy to work with on a team and with outside content creators and have gotten so much out of the Klaviyo Live From Your Laptop and Black Friday Bootcamp live webinar series they've run this year.

Cons

My only complaint thus far would be that saved blocks do not update across emails when you make changes (so if you change something in the block you have to go into every email where it is and manually update it to the newest version of the block) - but I have been told this is something that's being worked on.

I will also say that we have gotten much more metrics and ROI out of the platform once we switched our ecommerce over to Shopify (we previously used WooCommerce for which there was integration but not as seamless, and from Webflow for which there were no integrations). Everything about the platform just works so much better with Shopify from the product blocks to the automated flow triggers and we've seen a lot more value in the platform with this integration reaching its fullest potential.

Daniel S.

• Customer Support Software

Better than mailchimp - no question

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

It's been great. I had one experience with customer support where I felt the person wasn't going to pass on valid feedback (open rates of the first email cut by half due to < 2 hour wait with FB sync). But other interactions with support were great and I also was able to connect with their product manager who promised to look into it. I felt they're a young and flexible team. Also laser focused on email and what email marketers need.

Pros

If you want flexibility in segmenting your drips (or flows as they call it) then you need to use Klaviyo. We were using Mailchimp and kept finding areas that made it time consuming, confusing, or just not built to have a flexible drip campaign where contacts receive emails based on rules.

For example you can easily create a series of emails that are only sent to contacts that meet a specific criteria and do it all within one drip through a "workflow" like drag and drop builder.

You can also sync up to your facebook leads and save money on Zapier which is what you need to use if with Mailchimp.

Cons

While Zapier immediately pulls in leads from Facebook, Klaviyo only syncs every 2 hours. A lead getting a welcome email right away is SUPER important, but this means they don't hear from us for some time and it's negatively impacted our first email open rates -- almost cut it in half.

ConvertKit and Drip

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

There are annoying bugs in Mailchimp or missing features which Klaviyo does beautifully. Most of those issues are related to emails within a drip (flow in Klaviyo). Rearranging the order of emails, reusing blocks from one email in another one without recreating from scratch, creating multiple branches within a drip based on subscriber criteria, A/B testing your emails in a drip, all those are critical and only in Klaviyo.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

I heard good things about it from others, seemed more versatile and matched to our needs.
Arthur S.

Best CRM for ecommerce, Worst for Customer Support

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

With no phone support and 30 - 40 minute wait times for chat support and 24 hour response times for email support and no support on weekends, this makes Klaviyo's customer support the absolute worst I have ever seen. Maybe it's due to their growing pains. Their support staff are a mixed bag in terms of knowledge and being helpful and while that's not the norm for most SASS companies, I think that's pretty common across most CRM companies.

Pros

Fairly easy to learn for such powerful software
Integration with Facebook
Their native integrations and Not having to use Zapier for a lot of my integrations.

Cons

There is almost nothing to not like about this software but to learn it, you need to learn Klaviyo speak.
If I had to pick one thing it would be some of the finicky ways in which the email builder acts when dragging in a new widget or row and trying to position it.

• Customer Support Software

Great email marketing software for ecommerce!

Reviewed on 09/08/2018

Pros

I've been using Klaviyo for about 9 months now, and I absolutely love it. It helped me increase the proportion of monthly store revenue by email from 10% to 50% in under 6 months. It's easy to use, easy to integrate with Shopify, and provides awesome functionalities that any ecommerce store could need. Their automated flows (abandoned carts, thank you emails, welcome series) all work seamlessly. They have many email templates to choose from, but you an also create your own templates easily with their template builder. No need to know how to code. Another reason to love Klaviyo is their ability to segment your audience. It's so easy to segment your audience based on their activity and interaction with your website. For example, creating segments of customers who purchased product X but didn't purchase product Y, or customers who viewed a certain product page but didn't make a purchase. By having these segments you can send very targeted emails to them, upping conversion rates. Their support is also fabulous. They're very responsive via live chat and/or email, and really take their time to help you. I've asked them so many things, and every single time I've been given tremendous support. The final reason why Klaviyo is great, is its price point. Other email marketing software such as Hubspot may have more features, but the price is unbelievably high. For a small business like ours where every penny makes a difference, we are so grateful for Klaviyo's prices.

Cons

I love Klaviyo, but what I wish they had is more features. Although, this makes sense because they offer everything at a lower price point than say, Hubspot. Many things are in the works though - I'm constantly in conversation with the support team, and they tell me that sophisticated features are in the works! Despite not having the most features in the email marketing world, this has never been a problem and has never deterred us from getting a lot of revenue from email marketing.

Kyle P.
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

A good, full-featured enterprise ESP solution

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

Overall, the experience has been great. I think they hype some of the buyer indicators and data collection, which is fine but nothing special, but it's a great email platform.

Pros

The IP warming and migration process was very smooth with no hiccups. The Klaviyo team are experts and it shows. We felt confident in their ability to successfully transition ESP platforms. The product itself is quite good and does everything you would expect it to.

Cons

Like all ESPs, it has it's own unique idiosyncrasies. No deal breakers, but some of the functions can be a bit clunky.

Zapier

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

More developed features out of beta
Veronica D.

Best email app ever!

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

I have only been using Klaviyo for 3 months and I only wish I had discovered it before. If you sell online through an e-commerce platform give it a try! You will not regret it!

Pros

I have nothing but good things to say about Klaviyo. It is filled with great features like no other email app I have seen before; it has a very friendly interface that makes email creation a breeze; excellent analytics and a very fair price.
The other huge plus is their amazing customer service! They are on their toes waiting to help you! Superfast, super-efficient!

Cons

I still have not learned to use this app in all its depth, but their triggers and segmentations are amazing. There is nothing not to like in this app.

Andrew J.

Excellent Email Software

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Such an impressive email service and compared to a much more expensive previous system was streets ahead. Granted there are better systems but for us the flows are perfect and for the next level of email campaign marketing you would need to spend a lot more

Pros

The ease of set up and the ability to see results against the campaigns. it was up and running within 24hr and their onboarding was outstanding.

Cons

To be honest very little however some of the email creative can be a little constrained. For the price it really is very good for those on a budget and with smaller CRMs. It may become more expensive if you have a lot of addresses as you pay per email user.

Chris P.

• Customer Support Software

Never going back to anything else but Klaviyo

Reviewed on 29/06/2020

Pros

The integration with Shopify Stores and the ease of building flows makes this a game changer. Additionally the bulk discount code builder gives Shopify functionality outside of Shopify that makes "one less app" for my store. Finally the native Form Builder in Klaviyo is very easy to use.

Cons

I wish one Klaviyo Account could connect to multiple Shopify Stores, this causes some problems for our operations. Additionally I wish building segments was faster, some advanced segments take very long to build.

Carlos G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Klaviyo

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Email marketing. It is the best platform for email marketing.

Pros

This is probably the best platform for email marketing I have ever tried. Well, I use it for my online store in order to send twice a week week newsletters to my customers' inboxes. Besides the multiple options that Klaviyo has, which makes it easy to give life to any pattern / combination of emails possibly out there, pricing is really fair, and they count with a free plan as well. Designing is also easy. I have fulfilled all my expectations when it was the time to create emails to be sent to customers. Something that I really like is the local time for delivering emails because sometimes customers have different time zones; if email is supposed to arrive at 9AM, then it would arrive at that time (for customers). Also, I have to mention the extense documentation that Klaviyo has. Customer service is through email, but they always answer back to you in as soon as 2 hours or less.

Cons

They could make pricing a little more advantageous for their clients.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Klaviyo has all the necessary features.
Erin L.

So Easy To Use!

Reviewed on 12/01/2020

My experience with Klaviyo has been great overall. We've seen positive changes to our account since implementation and appreciate how easy it is to use.

Pros

It's extremely user-friendly, allowing you to regularly test, create your own CTAs, uploaded photos, drag and drop graphic elements, etc. Perfect for a team with zero coding experience. Side Note: Their customer support is top-notch.

Cons

Aside from being very user-friendly on most fronts, building out email flows is a different story. This tends to be a time consuming process that is not as straightforward as it could be.

Hjalte R.

• Customer Support Software

The best email solution for ecommerce

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

Klaviyo is hands down the BEST solution for any serious ecommerce shop. If you are using shopify, there is no question, that Klavio is the way to go.

Want to only send an email to people who bought widget a, but not widget B and haven't made a purchase in 3 months? No problem, with Klaviyo, you can easily do that.

What about people who have made a purchase in the last 7 days, and have also spent more than $500 on your site... and not purchased widget c? Not a problem.

How about targeting those exact audiences on facebook? Again, it's as easy as clicking a button. Klaviyo can sync all your segments with facebook.

The only not-so-great thing about Klaviyo, is that it has a slightly steeper learning curve than your usual just-getting-started email service. But the support is great and they have some awesome templates to help you get started.

I could go on and on about how amazing Klaviyo is, but instead I'll just say this: If you have an ecommerce store, you owe it to yourself to test out klaviyo. I am glad I did (and so are my wallet ;)

Pros

Can do pretty much everything, when it comes to email marketing.

Cons

It takes a little longer to get used to. With advanced features come a steeper learning curve.

Connor C.

• Customer Support Software

The #1 email marketing platform for eCommerce brands.

Reviewed on 21/01/2022

Pros

I love the ability to integrate Klaviyo with all the essential apps within my eCommerce businesses to enable extremely powerful automated flows to send the right messages at the right time.

Cons

I wish the pricing was a bit more comparable to Mailchimp, but when setup properly the results make it worth it. Additionally, I wish the SMS feature was a bit better and more polished.

Matthew D.

One of the Best ESPs

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Klaviyo has been my rock when doing email marketing of any kind.

Pros

It's easy to set things up be that your segments, your campaign emails, automation, or follow through with other programs.

Cons

Wouldn't work with Yahoo Small Business. It would also sometimes throw junk HTML into my emails for no reason.

Sendinblue, Mailjet, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

We needed a better tool.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

A combination of price and competence.