1,117 reviews

Airtable

Cloud-based organization & collaboration tool

4.7 /5 (1117 reviews) Write a Review!

1,117 reviews
Alia Y.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Our Content Calendar!

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

Amazing, I use it everyday. It’s been so helpful!!

Pros

Flexibility! I love being able to have a calendar, kanban, timeline, visual gallery all in one.

We use this for all our content planning and management. We tried so many solutions and this is what finally worked for us.

Cons

It has many features but at times it’s hard to know the best way to build things out, none of the templates for workbases were close enough to build off from.

Wish it was easier to link information within different tabs in bases.

• Industry: Computer Games

• Customer Support Software

Airtable is one to watch in the future

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Airtable has very specific uses that would be hard to replicate anywhere else with another piece of software. It has many flaws and drawbacks, but once you accept them (and find ways to circumvent them) it can be quite a handy and interesting piece of software.

Pros

When I first started to use Airtable, I came away deeply frustrated with it's usability. It's sometimes slow, straightly obtuse to use and has many "pending features" that would be extremely helpful for some of the simplest of tasks.

However, there came a time when I had to organise a league table for a tournament over the internet, and all of sudden, Airtable clicked.

What Airtable is good at is creating a database of entries for a specific use, so for example, making an internet registration form where a user can enter data and "register" their interest in a particular thing is so quick and easy to do.

I created an application form which auto stored the data into a highly organised table that I could then use however I wanted (I created a league table from the registered users with ease and shared the results of the league as the scoring progressed) - all via the internet, I don't know of a way that I could have achieved this without AirTable, Google Docs would have been a possible solution, but Airtable allows you to add attachments easily (so images, etc) as well as allowing you to manipulate (And hide) data in any way you can think of using Rollups and Lookups - two of it's most powerful features.

Once you get used to it, Airtable becomes useful, and I can see myself using it again and again when I want to organise a very specific and distributed task on the internet.

Cons

Don't think this is Excel in a different disguise, it's not, it's not as adaptable and not as powerful as Excel. You couldn't use it to track a project or manage a holiday system or anything like that, but creating a full customer list for a newsletter? Yep, easy, that's the kind of thing it DOES do really well.

It could use a few more features on the free tier of the software (the paid tier unlocks "blocks" - which is a strange name for plugins, which allow you to view the data in different visual ways but ultimately it's not as well integrated as it should be and therefore has a limited use)

Another thing is that Airtables mobile interface is woeful compared to it's desktop version, and for some reason you can't access the desktop website via mobile. I have no idea what compelled them to make this decision but it's something they need to address in the future. The mobile layout is next to useless.

Olivia W.
  • Industry: Design

Possibilities are endless

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

As a small business owner I am able to scale with team members and house all of my projects, clients, and tasks in one place. And if I have any questions the support team is only an email away; they are so responsive and helpful!!

Pros

I really love Airtable because it's highly customizable and doesn't have a complex interface like many other project management and crm software. It's very easy to get up and running with your team in a matter of days. There isn't a steep learning curve for majority of users.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to control notifications and filter them.

Udayan W.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Google Sheets/Excel on steriods

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Overall experience with Airtable has been amazing, I think it's a brilliant product for cross team collaboration and I love the flexibility you get.

Pros

While there are a lot of things that are great about airtable, these are the ones I love the most:

1. Flexibility to do everything from project management, sprint management, and GTMs.
2. Ease of use: This is like using excel sheets so creating a new task project is basically hit enter and start typing. Obviously, the features are 10 times better on airtable.
3. The different kind of views that I can have is also brilliant, the calendar view, kanban view and my favorite.

Cons

I think the only place this tool lacks is in just pure documentation. While you can write long form content here, it doesn't feel natural or intuitive. I really wish they improve the long form text field with rich content formatting and more.

One more thing which is a pain is the mobile app. Feels like an MVP but the viable is so low. I can't even add comments via the app. Quite sad.

Main tool

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

When I found airtable I was struggling to organize all the different projects in my world and business. It was a nightmare that lasted years. Evernote held precious banking information, google had docs, diigo held bookmarks and page notes, and I was using mind map software for planning. When I had to add inventory management to my daily routines, I knew I needed a dedicated database structure and tried several on the market. After making my rounds through many, I choose Notion for its price. A few months later I realized how much more efficient airtable was for my needs and took the plunge. The upgrade was worth it. I am more productive now and getting more data organized than every before with 10 other tools. Thank you airtable.

Pros

Easy start.
Speedy app.
Flexible uses.
Customizable.
Scalable. Ramp it up to any size/ use.
Drag and drop fields, input, and images from other sources.
Constantly evolving.
Strong learning resources available.

Cons

Pricing options. If you need just one block the only option is $20 a month. There needs to a one or two block option available at the first tier $10 a month. But now that I have to say now that I have all those blocks, I am finding new ways to use them.

Steve M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Only limited by your time and creativity

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

We have about 10 different business processes that we track in Airtable. It's amazing how flexible it is, and the overall experience has been extremely smooth. It's especially easy to get new users up to speed quickly because of how intuitive the Airtable is, which is an especially difficult feat given how extensively you can customize everything. They have a great online help and video training as well.

Pros

Airtable brings actual structure to our working environment. We use for a team of 15 to track tasks, projects, and even for lightweight documentation of work done or where stuff is. I really like the flexibility and the ability to create just about anything with it and still make the finished product look nice. The UI is what people first comment on when I invite them to our shared set of bases--either "it looks great" or "this is easy" or something like that. I especially love the integration with Zapier so that if you need to go outside an Airtable base, you probably won't have to do manual entry--it can sync with your other app.

Cons

With the free version, you will hit the record limit will pretty easily. I wish they had a lower-priced plan that was above the free version, but below their much more expensive tiers.
A second huge miss is that there was really no way to do rich text. That severely limits the usefulness for using Airtable as any kind of repository for content or anything like that. Basically you convert everything to HTML markup and store it as plain text in Airtable, but like I said they have promised to fix this . . .

Devlyn M.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

• Customer Support Software

A spreadsheet is a spreadsheet, right? Wrong!

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

I love it so much I support it financially, which is a big deal for me. I'm a very small business and a monthly subscription is always viewed suspiciously. But I love how they are constantly building in new features that make it more and more usable. Things I didn't even know I wanted until it existed. And there is a free option! I just wanted access to the premium features.

I'm currently using it for:
-production queue
-development outlines and goal setting
- inventory tracking linked with vendor management
- galleries of photos incorporated on my website and on Facebook
- managing home chores and tasks
- keeping track of any number of personal and professional lists

Pros

I like this software so much that I pay for it monthly, and I don't consider 25 a month "cheap" for me. But it has been so useful that I can't imagine not having access to all the features.

It's complicated to say what I like most because that entails an explanation of what it does. It basically combines spreadsheets with databases and then allows you to view your data in a multitude of customizable ways. And share just the parts you want to share, or all of it. You can also add collaborators or have clients input information directly through forms. You can take all of this and embed it on your website or on facebook.

The various views can be a gallery of photos, or a more standard spreadsheet, or you can output it to lists like an address list, or set it up to print labels of just the records you want to include.

You can use it for project management and production queues, keeping track of vendors or clients, sorting and updating inventories. It's really brilliant to the point that I've moved away from other spreadsheet programs, task management systems and photo gallery software in favor of using Airtable.

Cons

It's not perfect! There are a few things I haven't figured out how to do or it's fairly clunky still. But much of that is my own lack of skill in certain areas. I'd love to utilize API but I'm still too much of a novice to really figure it out. Once I do, though, I feel like it will take my website to another level.

One of the features is the ability to take a group of records and output it into a format you create. It would be great if there were some templates available for this sort of thing, but I'm not even sure how that could be implemented. It could just be my own laziness!

Mathias E.

• Customer Support Software

Helped us understand complex projects

Reviewed on 09/10/2017

I can now build the tool I need. And since my (and my teams) needs changes with time I can modify my Airtable bases to match that.

When you build your own tool with Airtable you will need to ask good questions about your need and goals and if you're in a team this can start a very good conversation.

It's much easier for me now to get not lost track of a big and complex project because I can split it into smaller parts that more understandable.

With features like formula and roll-up, I can setup my base to quickly show me some important information. Like how many urgent task within an acitivity.

Pros

The fact that you can build the tool you need and that in that process the conversation your team will have is very valuable. Airtable is not an out-of-the-box just but more like Lego bricks and the (almost) only your own imaging that set the boundaries. So you need to ask the right questions about what is it you want to do and know? Which information do you need and what do you want to be able to do with it. When you ask that questions in a team you will have a great conversation about goals, ways of working, differences in need etc.

Airtable provides you with a variety of tools to make this happen but you need to take the time to build your tool. If you don't and "just" use it as a spreadsheet you won't use the real potential of it.

We have used Airtable to keep track of a complex website, booking a video equipment, project, ideas, teachers projects and more. One of the most powerful things about Airtable is that you can create different views and then create different processes.
An example is that we have a table with activities for teaching that we publish on our website. We needed a process for reviewing text for errors, a process for reviewing which activities we should share and not share, a process for which activities we had cases for etc. Doing that in Trello would mean multiple boards. in Airtable we could just create a new view with the same records.

Cons

I will say that hardest part about Airtable is understanding the logic behind it and that it is something else than a spreadsheet. I took me some time, and it has been hard explaining it to my colleagues.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

An amazing platform that seems to have forgotten about some of the basics.

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

Airtable is about 90% perfect. My experience has been mostly positive and I would definitely recommend the platform to a friend. I just wish a few features would be built out to completion.

Pros

Airtable is a solid platform in most aspects. The UI makes sense, there aren't too many bugs, and the features, for the most part, are extensive.

It's very agile, so I'd imagine most industries could use it.

I personally use it as a glorified spreadsheet for information that is extremely easy to share with others.

Cons

The desktop client needs a ton of optimization. The PC I'm using is decked out and Airtable struggles and is very choppy when scrolling through spreadsheets when there are more than a few columns. This gets worse if you have attachments in the cells.

The page designer app could use some love. It's usability is inhibited by the lack of design features.

There is no way to upload your own icon for the bases.

The form view could use some more love. It's very limited with what you can do with it.

Also the 50,000 row limit is really low when you consider the length of time you want to use a base for. The row limit makes me reluctant to use Airtable for some of the things it should be used for. The best example I can think of is if you want to keep a nice record of marketplace / ecommerce orders. If you sell 2,500 items a month, you'll reach the limit in less than 2 years. If you want to track order progress with each step having its own row, obviously it would fill up a ton quicker. If the limit was bumped up to 500,000, I would be much more comfortable with spending more time in airtable.

Also the billing is extremely confusing.

Evan S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A Database in the Cloud!

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

I have used Airtable since beta, and overall been very happy with the product.

Pros

I love the ability to link records in tables to create a customized view/form that allows for easy data entry.

Cons

Doesn't work Offline :( this is the #1 issue with the software, but in order to do what it needs to (collaborate and sync) always on connectivity makes sense

Cindy C.

• Customer Support Software

Airtable Makes Getting Organized Easy!

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

I work for a small non-profit and do volunteer work for another non-profit. Airtable has become our contact management database and several projects use it to manage contacts, events and tasks. I have loved it since I first starting using it over 3 years ago, after seeing an ad on Facebook. There are quirks that make it challenging sometimes but overall, the good far outweighs any negatives I can think of.

Pros

This software is intuitive to use for anyone who has worked with spreadsheets. It's helpful if you have some idea of how a relational database works, but not necessary. There are many templates available to help you get started as well as a great user guide and community forum. It's easy to get up and running with the free version so you can see if it will work for your company, but you'll have access to many more features with the Pro version.

Cons

The pricing structure is a little difficult to understand with paid workspaces and collaborators, etc. Also, some features that users have been asking for repeatedly over the years have not happened, so for a really fully featured database system, you need to use third-party apps and connect using Zapier.

Susan G.
  • Industry: Photography

Use it every day and tell everyone

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

I am using Airtable to list all my products, including calculations of retail price based on cost of goods, labor, and my formula for markup. I also use it to list editing jobs completed by my retoucher, including the formula to calculate her pay based on the net profits on the order. I also use it to track clients and orders, vendors, expenses, ect. Fpr my personal projects, I use Airtable to list all of my (many!) amigurumi patterns categorized by animal, which designer created each, yarn orders, and which patterns I have made with which yarns.

Pros

I am a visual person. The design of the Airtable interface and the way it lets me view my information just as I want to make it a "must-have" in my book. Additionally, I love the power of relational databases but setting them up myself is too time-consuming. Airtable makes the power of a relational database almost effortless to use.

Cons

Airtable is not a spreadsheet. So, displaying sums for things like expenses requires some creativity with lookup and rollup fields, but it is doable.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy way to upgrade from traditional spreadsheets

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Overall, Airtable is a great tool for streamlining the work you're doing with tables or spreadsheets. Simple and easy automation like web forms take a couple of seconds to fill out and you don't have to go all-in with a CRM or ITSM solution.

Pros

Airtable is easy to use and set up for an individual or small team. Since it's mainly built around tables, you have a lot of flexibility and potential use cases. Since it's a SaaS solution, you have a lot of options for automating tasks and integrating with other applications you may use. Many of these automations are built right into Airtable so you don't need to look very far if you need to move data in or out of it.

Cons

Mostly, it is what you make of it as the user. Airtable won't suddenly reorganized your disordered spreadsheets and tables but it gives you a lot more tools to explore. That being said, it's worthwhile to consider the amount of time you have to put into setting it up versus the potential payoff. Even though Sheet or Excel might be limiting, it really depends on your needs.

Katelin T.

• Customer Support Software

Phenomenal and transformative tool!

Reviewed on 01/02/2018

I recommend this product to everyone for both professional and personal use. Most large, out-of-the-box systems built to help with project management are too rigid to be used effectively with small or unique teams structures. This eliminates that problem and let's you build exactly what you need from the ground up.

Pros

It is so malleable that I can do almost everything with it. I used to spend every single day trying to make static spreadsheets do what I needed, and instead, I now can build full, robust databases complete with team interaction and approvals. The Airtable team takes great care to make all updates meaningful for their users and are great at communicating updates as they come out.

Cons

If you don't have a mind for if-then-or-that or boolean logic, it can be a little difficult to work up to using this product to its full potential. This can make it difficult to onboard new team member or get buy-in on using it across the entire organization.

Jonathan Z.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

• Customer Support Software

One of the best spreadsheet tools I've used.

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Amazing, I do recommend this tool to anyone looking to create a log, tracker or even database, it is light, fast and really well-priced, just make sure it does what you need before you go paid service on it.

Pros

This is a great tool to keep track of any kinds of logs, even accounting if you would, the greatest part of it is how easy it is to use and how you can do multi-platform integrations to make it your database master software. I love the low price-point and the amazing customer service they have, by far one f the most powerful low-cost database/spreadsheet tool out there.

Cons

Not really a con, but I would like to point out for those who use a lot of formula-based fields, the coding/formula platform on Airtable is not really the best, it is a little clunky and you really cannot get as much out of it as in some cases you would expect, but it is reasonably good nonetheless.

Simplify work with Airtable

Reviewed on 20/07/2019

I use Airtable to report my field and office activities on a daily basis,follow up on customers,record customer information,monitor fellow staff and keep i this simplifies my work.
Many thanks to Airtable

Pros

Airtable has very many filters and you can filter out a particular field you want to look at.This simplifies work.
The views in airtable are also wonderful and the fact that you can rename,personalise or make public and or delete them makes it more convenient
Airtable notifications from mentions which are sent to both airtable and emails help you keep track of your activity and tasks
Its user friendly with a good interface and easy to learn
The training room where you can learn from before going to the live system is a nice attribute
Permission levels given to collaborators helps in managing employees
Activity done on Airtable is recorded in real time
It is very secure (requires login)

Cons

Airtable shows deleted words with a line crossing the words or sentences which could have been written in error.
It requires a stable internet connection, consumes more data, sometimes takes long to open and one needs to keep refreshing the page

Dave V.
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

Easy and beautiful databases where you didn't even know you needed them

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

I've used Airtable to organize everything from an Art Gallery's show schedule and submission process to a musician calendar and press-promotion database. It's one Gumby of a tool - able to bend to my will and limited (mostly) only by my imagination.

It's hard to understand the power of relational databases until you've used one. Think of it as multiple Excel Spreadsheets that can talk to each other. The problem in the past has been how HARD it is to build and maintain a relational database. I've likely lost a month of my life to Microsoft Access frustrations. Airtable is just SO much easier and more enjoyable to use. It's not just a better database tool for database users. It's a database that can be used by someone who never thought she'd use a database.

Pros

I've organized a lot of stuff on Airtable and it's a joy to use. The software has a 'wow' factor that's some magic combination of great design and powerful tech. Once I tried Airtable I started thinking "hey - maybe I could make a database for THIS too!". I was actually having FUN making databases. How is that possible?

Cons

At some point, I'll reach my limit of 1000 records on the free Airtable plan. I don't look forward to that day. There are many cool integrations and blocks that exist on Airtable's paid tiers, but there are only so many subscriptions one man can afford.

Eric B.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Supercharged Spreadsheets

Reviewed on 01/07/2018

Airtable is a powerful tool, much more so than Excel or Google Sheets, and much more elegant than Smartsheets. That being said, the cost is prohibitive for some to take full advantage. Thankfully, the free version is sufficiently functional to still win out over the competitors.

Pros

Airtable makes the chore of spreadsheet work so much easier and more enjoyable. It offers colored options, icons (stars, etc.), simplified and powerful formulas, a variety of organizational views (grids, kanban, etc.), and highly customizable views for sharing. The ability to track row histories and communicate with colleagues is a huge plus as well.

Cons

Airtable is powerful, and certainly worth a financial investment, but the current pay scale per user (and how it defines users — anyone with access) is too costly for many smaller organizations, especially non-profits.

Kimberly C.

• Customer Support Software

Airtable is very easy to use and offers a pretty sophisticated alternative to general...

Reviewed on 07/08/2017

In the cloud access that everyone on my team can use.

Pros

This software is basically free and extremely easy to use and set up. It's also so simple to share data tables through links to the table or downloadable .csv's. You can add new people to collaborate in many ways, and it is completely accessible online (desktop or phone/tablet). It's so easy to create multiple select choices, add documents and photos, rearrange tabs, create surveys that populate the spreadsheet. It's just very useful.

Cons

The two features I don't like is the lack of .pdf creation for the tables so that they appear just like they do online. I want my photos to be there just as they look in the individual views. The second is the new charge they added just to have photos or headings in your survey. It's very expensive the fee price and yet a much needed addition. I can't have a survey in each base with photos without upgrading each base to get that privilege.

Santiago A.

• Customer Support Software

A powerful way to organize your work team.

Reviewed on 18/01/2019

It has been a satisfying experience, I have managed to link several people who are in different countries to work in a virtual business model that allows me to save a lot of money in physical space and other similar programs that end up charging a lot of money for everything it offers. Airtable. The multiplatform option is another detail that has given me the possibility of working without significant setbacks to those beyond our control. It is one of the best innovations offered today and greatly improves everything you want to do and specify.

Pros

I really like to have many options offered to organize work, it is ideal for many things, but working in e-commerce, is the necessary support to achieve to have the inventory of your products well ordered and detailed so that your customers can appreciate the products that you offer in your portal in the best way. It is ideal for teamwork at a distance, allows you to include many people to perform different tasks, apart, in real time, you can see who and when they modified the available tickets. It adapts perfectly to the needs of your business model. Another thing that I like most is the integration with other IT tools that will take your productivity to the next level.

Cons

To date everything I have used Airtable I liked a lot, has different options to meet your needs, their plans are perfectly adapted to your reality so you can start with the free version and progress in your business model, hire any of the other three options they put at your disposal.

• Industry: Government Administration

• Customer Support Software

Awesome product for basic database needs

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

I use Airtable to track all my contacts for my job. I also use it to track reimbursements, templates, and a ton of other stuff. When I had an issue, the Airtable representatives were able to help me quickly and to my satisfaction. I've been using Airtable for a few years now, and I still love how easy it is to just use the product and get stuff done. This application actually helps me be more productive; it fits into my workflow and improves it, rather than getting in the way.

Pros

- is super easy to use
- easy to manipulate data, see different views, export and import
- it looks fantastic
- highly customizable
- can be used and understood by a database novice

Cons

- some custom colors are only available to the highest tier subscriptions
- if you were trying to do fancy things with your database, like use it as the backend of a website, that might get tricky

Emerson S.

• Customer Support Software

I am continually surprised by how powerful Airtable can be to visualize our data and workload!

Reviewed on 15/09/2017

We are switching over many of our functions to Airtable. We are planning on moving over our donor management to Airtable, and program management to Airtable.

Pros

The ability to establish different views is the most powerful feature of this relational database software. We track our donations to our non-profit using Airtable. We are able to easily group, sort, and filter our donations by fiscal year, amount, who made the donation, etc. We are then able to set up the fields needed to make sure that they were appropriately sent a thank you note. Airtable bases are able to organize our departments better than they ever have been before.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve with Airtable, but that could be expected with any new software system. In my experience, once our team caught onto Airtable fundamentals, they were good to go and saw the enormous power and simplicity of AirTable--looks like a spreadsheet, but acts like a database.

Matt B.

Airtable runs our business

Reviewed on 31/12/2020

Pros

We use Airtable for everything in our operations and help our clients get organised by using Airtable. The familiar format of a spreadsheet make sit easy to get started and then as you get more advanced, the functions are always a step ahead. The inbuilt automation function is game-changing and the scripting block makes this a unique tool to serve any purpose you can possibly think of.

Cons

Hard to find anything but the most annoying part is probably the pricing structure for collaborators, which can get expensive if you have many users. It would be nice to have some way to embed certain views in websites that aren't currently possible, but those are small in the grand scheme.

Anna H.

• Customer Support Software

Fun to use, but takes a little exploring to get used to.

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

AirTable makes working with spreadsheets more effective and fun than when I usually work with spreadsheets. I like that it is flexible!

Pros

AirTable allows you to make databases for all kinds of different content. I use it to organize MANY different types of data, and the fact that you can link fields is crucial.

For example, I set up a donor database for our small non-profit organization in AirTable. The format makes it as easy (or maybe even easier) to use than an Excel spreadsheet, but you can also "pop out" individual donors' files in a way that you can't do in Excel.

You can also save documents into the bases, which makes the product even more versatile and usable. Collaboration is super easy with AirTable, kind of like Google Drive but better at organizing files.

Cons

The software deletes "leading zeros" such as in a zip code 01778. This is so frustrating when using the software for mailings!! I called them and they were prompt and polite but did not have a good answer for why this was happening.

It also takes a little while to get used to AirTable. If you aren't curious about learning a new kind of software, you might get frustrated and quit before learning most of the cool stuff that AirTable can do.

Useful Software

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Overall AirTable has been useful for my productivity and team collaboration. I think that as app integrations continue to happen, it may be a one-stop solution rather than using multiple applications.

Pros

I've used AirTable for a few jobs now and appreciate how easy it is to use across devices. Collaboration is also a breeze. I can easily see when a task is designed, the updates on it, comments, and other important notes.

Cons

AirTable sometimes feels a bit crowded to me, with the ability to have multiple tabs, line items, and notes on both the left and right side. I wish it were a little more simplified. In addition, it's very easy to click accidentally on the bottom and create a random line item.