Airtable

1978 Reviews

Steve
Steve
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Only limited by your time and creativity

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

We have about 10 different business processes that we track in Airtable. It's amazing how flexible it is, and the overall experience has been extremely smooth. It's especially easy to get new users up to speed quickly because of how intuitive the Airtable is, which is an especially difficult feat given how extensively you can customize everything. They have a great online help and video training as well.

Pros

Airtable brings actual structure to our working environment. We use for a team of 15 to track tasks, projects, and even for lightweight documentation of work done or where stuff is. I really like the flexibility and the ability to create just about anything with it and still make the finished product look nice. The UI is what people first comment on when I invite them to our shared set of bases--either "it looks great" or "this is easy" or something like that. I especially love the integration with Zapier so that if you need to go outside an Airtable base, you probably won't have to do manual entry--it can sync with your other app.

Cons

With the free version, you will hit the record limit will pretty easily. I wish they had a lower-priced plan that was above the free version, but below their much more expensive tiers.
A second huge miss is that there was really no way to do rich text. That severely limits the usefulness for using Airtable as any kind of repository for content or anything like that. Basically you convert everything to HTML markup and store it as plain text in Airtable, but like I said they have promised to fix this . . .

Maddie
Maddie
  • Industry: Computer Games

• Customer Support Software

Airtable is our data management system

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

Using connections, we connect records in Airtable to other services like Eventbrite, Asana, MailChimp, and more. Workflows are then finished with the help of automation. While it's possible to find a template that fits your needs, it's well worth your time to learn how to create your own.

Pros

Airtable is a simple, collaborative database app. As long as the engineering team isn't too huge, working together on a bill of materials (BOM) is straightforward. One of my favorite features is the ability to create filtered views that are unique to each user.

Cons

When a company's workforce size increases, Airtable's price tag skyrockets. The options for exporting are restricted. Airtable is not the place to store documents. Airtable does not support complicated equations. The user interface isn't always the most obvious.

Sharon
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Using Airtable

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

I love Airtable. I use the free version and it does everything I need.

I love Airtable. I use the free version and it does everything I need.

Pros

I like the fact it's a spreadsheet but on steroids. It can do so much.

Cons

It can be confusing in the beginning with how it works.

Jenn
  • Industry: Food Production

Airtable leaves potential on the table

Reviewed on 07/10/2023

Pros

Airtable presented a lot of diverse data in a concise, easy-to-understand way. Airtable safely contained project details shared among many participants, and was a central resource for completing and tracking our work.

Cons

When there is a large data set, X and Y axis headers are condensed in a totally unusable way. Even if the window is expanded, the data labels are completely illegible. Is there a way to remedy this? Probably, but who has the time to find it within Airtable's bloated universe. Excel and Google Sheets are probably sufficient for average users, but Airtable is the trendy new guy in town.

Onome
Onome

Airtable is My Favorite Digital Asset Management Tool

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

Pros

I created my social media content library using Airtable, and it has provided the simplest, most user-friendly way to compile, organize, and share my content.

I can sort based on any category, edit, upload files.

I also love that it's so easy to toggle between the website and the phone app versions.

Cons

No cons, really. It could be a lot to navigate through intially, for someone who is not familiar with digital asset management. There are lots of features I've never even used because the elements that I DO use already provide such a robust experience.

I'd say that Airtable is most ideal for a team, and could potentially be overwhelming for a solopreneur.

Susan

Why Airtable Is Very Helpful

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

Pros

I like that Airtable is AI powered and makes workflow management easy

Cons

Never had any regrets using Airtable. Always delivers.

Sarah

Makes my job easier!

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Pros

I love the tag feature, and that you can see all communications in one thread.

Cons

That you can't move a section from date to date.

SAMUEL

• Customer Support Software

Very good tool for data management

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

Pros

Management close to Excel but with workflows that automate data. Many possibilities for custom functions that provide a very solid tool.

Cons

One might get a bit lost in the beginning due to the many possibilities, but the UX is well designed to allow for step-by-step progress.

Billie
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Confusing to learn

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Looks great but difficult to pick up and not worth it

Looks great but difficult to pick up and not worth it

Pros

I liked how it made project management look pretty

Cons

It was difficult to learn and create planning documents on

• Industry: Online Media

The perfect crm with a lot of functionalities

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

Pros

the creation of tables with tags is really fantastic

Cons

there are so many features that it can be overwhelming

• Industry: Higher Education Software

So close to perfect!

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

Overall I appreciate and enjoy my use of Airtable. I really like its capabilities for tracking projects and tasks. If it was FERPA compliant it would be my one-stop shop for project management at work!

Pros

Airtable is fantastic for project management, especially if you need to share your work with others. I recently used Airtable for a week-long event at my workplace with many moving parts - several events per day, many catering contracts, many chaffeurs and cars to keep track of, etc. I love that Airtable gives you the option to categorize entries and sort by category. Using Airtable helped me keep track of all my tasks involved in coordinating the events.

I also like how easily you can share it with others and work on it with others. The interface is clean and works well for me both on my desktop and tablet.

The last thing I like most about this software is the ability to have an attachment field. When coordinating travel for myself and others, I appreciate being able to attach our flight itineraries, travel approvals, and any other important documents directly to the table. It's a great way to keep it all in one place.

Cons

Airtable does have a bit of a learning curve that took me a while to navigate. I did not find their introductory templates or videos as helpful as I would have liked, so it took me longer than anticipated to get used to the software and really start using it on a daily basis.

Lastly, I really wish Airtable was FERPA compliant. I work in higher education and so I cannot manage ALL my projects and tasks in Airtable, just the ones that don't involve student data. This splitting of softwares depending on which project I'm working on is kind of a pain and interrupts my work flow.

Shawn
Shawn
  • Industry: Photography

Great Amalgamation of a Spreadsheet & Database

Reviewed on 22/03/2020

I have used AirTable in several areas of my life, but the best example is with a high school program I volunteer with. We have 150 students with 15 advisors, with over 100 data points, in 20 locations. Prior to AirTable, keeping track of everything was a nightmare. Something as simple as trying to contact a student involved either all advisors adding all 150 students into their phone contact list (and update every year) or calling the lead advisor who had to look through a stack of papers to find a number. With AirTable it was as simple as typing in their name and pressing their cell number which automatically dialed them up. I could go on and on about how much AirTable has changed the way I do many aspects of my business and personal life, this was just an example to show how easy it makes things.

Pros

The fact that basically all database applications I tried were basically meant for enterprise-level businesses, and generally required a steep learning curve to even set up. I only needed basic database functionality, and to be able to easily edit single or groups of entries. AirTable solved this perfectly. Also, the team over there seem to be constantly adding on new functionality, which I see and realize that could solve problems I did not even realize I had. The best part is just how easy it is to use. I have some people on my team that are far from tech-savvy, and with a quick overview, they were even able to utilize it.

Cons

Their forms have a bit to be desired, but that is mostly just the appearance when I send them out. Also when sorting and filtering, it requires 3 or so clicks, when I think they could make it one.

Oracle Database and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Other products were too complicated to set up and use effectively, So I did not use them. AirTable is really in a class of its own as far as I can tell.
Mayank
  • Industry: Animation Software

• Customer Support Software

Airtable enables to keep track of the entire project management process

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Airtable is my favourite project management platform that provide extensive features about project management and covers all our needs during development process.

Pros

Airtable connects our team to each other during the project development process and makes it possible to work in syncronization. Project manager can define the roles and the permission of each particular team member in a very flexible way.

Cons

Customer support is late to respond to the cases that we have created in support center and pricing plans are not flexible, 4 static pricing plans are not sufficient for this kind of a feature rich platform. User should be able to select the limits in a more flexible way.

Bynder

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Airtable's features met our company specific project management needs better then Bynder.

Bynder

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable was a better match to our specific needs in terms of project management.
Kevin
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Once You Start Using Airtable, You'll never use Excel Again!

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

My experience has been amazing. I don't see myself ever switching to another type of software again and I for sure am going to upgrade it to use it even more.

Pros

Where to even begin! I love how it's the 21st century excel spreadsheet. I can collaborate and keep track of clients and projects all under one document. I also, love how it live updates and the amount of features that airtable could give my company keeps growing. Because it's such a broad type of software I can customize it to exactly my needs and exactly my preferences.

Cons

There are some limitations with the advanced features, but that is understandable because the free version (which I use) is already so powerful that I can't believe they are offering it for free.

Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

I needed something that didn't require someone to have a Microsoft account and that could be on my phone or on my computer or where I was.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

I wanted something that had pre-made templates and something that could be shared to anyone on any device.
Denise
Denise

• Customer Support Software

Airtable is a great collaborative project manager

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

My team and I like Airtable because it helps us keep track of all of our clients in one central location. My initial impression was that it wouldn't really make a difference in our regular operations, but now I see how wrong I was. With Airtable, users are able to work with many data types in a grid-based environment. It also facilitates the development of cloud-based apps that are easily integrated with other infrastructure.

Pros

One of my favorite features is the ability to personalize each of my boards. Not only that, but I have the ability to work closely with my team by syncing and discussing our respective projects and making use of our shared notes. It's incredible how many wonderful things there are in the Universe. Airtable helps me plan out my monthly social media posts in advance. I'm able to keep on top of things and make timely social media posts because I plan ahead. My knowledge and experience have taught me to be more methodical and cooperative in my job.

Cons

Every once in a while, things aren't as user-friendly as they could be. Sometimes I'll make my own template, but first I'll look at tens of others to get ideas. Be patient with the procedure; it will take some time to complete. Once set up, the interface is typically straightforward.

Laurène

Airtable is very powerful for building internal tool or back-offices, UX could be more...

Reviewed on 11/09/2022

We use Airtable in several ways:
- Internal ticketing system + reporting (works great)
- Custom...

We use Airtable in several ways:
- Internal ticketing system + reporting (works great)
- Custom apps for our customers, synced with our own software (back-office logic is great, end-user UX is not, we should have used a third-party app builder to make it more user-friendly)
- CRM extension (good for one-off analytics)
- Database for some automations using Make.com (having structured data really helps)

We are overall satisfied, we manage to do everything we want and integrate Airtable with our other software. We hope that Airtable Interfaces will get better, along with some improvements in formulas.

Pros

Airtable is very powerful. It makes database logic accessible to non-developer profiles.
Being able to view your data in so many different ways is great.
Usecases are endless.

Cons

I was disappointed by the inability to create easy-to-use apps for the final user. You can either share the entire database with them - which can be overwhelming - or cherry-pick views you want to share with them - which is impractical, especially because those views aren't editable.

This makes Airtable great to build internal tools for tech-savvy teams, but in order to make it usable by other people you'll have to use a third-party app builder (Airtable will then be used as the database / back-office of your app).

In addition to that, I sometimes get frustrated with some formulas, especially "datetime" formulas and recursive logic. These can become overly complicated in Airtable.

• Customer Support Software

Airtable is my new bestie. (Nonprofit)

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

The interface is beautiful, user friendly, and with the incredible variety of field types, powerful views and filters, you can accomplish almost anything in here. I used Sharepoint Lists and Microsoft Flow at a previous organization, and this is a million times better. What a beautiful piece of tech!

Pros

This software is incredibly powerful, and once you get the hang of it, pretty simple to use. We are so grateful for the nonprofit discount, which makes it affordable for our organization. We're using it to manage grant applications and awards in tandem with other software such as Typeform, Gmail, Google Drive, and Slack. It has many powerful built in automation capabilities, and works very well with Zapier for even more power.

Cons

Airtable can take some effort and training to learn and master, in order to use it to it's maximum capacity.

monday.com, ClickUp, and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Airtable is so much more powerful. It can integrate with hundreds of other apps.

Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable met our needs with the variety of extensions, automations, public facing forms, interfaces and dashboards, and integrations with software we needed to make the system function.
Yelle
Yelle

Neat AF Content Management for SMM

Reviewed on 28/07/2023

Overall I am so glad we chose to set up on this platform! It keeps all our posts so neat in one spot.

Pros

I think Airtable is the best tool out there for a team to prepare social media content. We took inspiration from other Social Media Manager's setups and adapted them to our needs. I love the way we set up each column as text, links, uploads, etc. so that we could repeat our flow every month. I really love how the comments work, especially on the videos where I can click and drag to leave a comment on an exact timestamp and section of that frame. Lastly, I appreciate that Airtable has a mobile and desktop app so that I can see the little red number notification that signals that I have to respond to something.

Cons

I wish we got notified by email for leaving a comment even if it didn't @ mention our teammate. Also, I wish a Google Doc-type form could live with a project.

Notion

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

My Social Media Managers used Google Doc to share my monthly content ideas. It was so awkward scrolling through a vertical document. I hated how the comments came through to my email. I actually paid them to set me up on Airtable and then they loved it so much that they shifted their flow with their other clients.

Google Docs

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable didn't require code to make it look sleek and easy to use
Shayla
Shayla

• Customer Support Software

Great project management and efficiency with Airtable

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

The seamless integration of databases and project management features has not only streamlined my workflows but has also sparked creativity in how I organize and visualize information. The platform's adaptability makes it equally valuable for personal projects, team collaboration, or complex data management tasks.

Pros

The best feature of Airtable, in my opinion, is its unparalleled flexibility in organizing and visualizing data. The combination of a spreadsheet-style interface with the power of a relational database opens up a world of possibilities. The ability to create custom views, link records, and collaborate in real-time makes it a dynamic tool for projects of any scale.

Cons

The pricing structure, especially as the team size grows, can become a consideration. More transparent pricing tiers or additional features in the lower tiers could enhance accessibility for smaller teams or individual users.

Patricia
Patricia

Game changer

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

Our team uses Airtable as a centralized location to track our project progress. We've even hacked it as a CRM on occasion, and used it for event planning, reporting--anything that requires you to organize lots of information in a standardized way. The resistance to using yet another platform was strong at first, but once we got into it, everyone has become an Airtable advocate.

Pros

When a co-worker recommended Airtable, I was predictably skeptical. Who needs yet another spreadsheet software I said, with an internal (ok, maybe external) eye roll. But this is no mere spreadsheet platform. It is the only one you will ever need. Ever. Again. The functionality that make it worth it to switch from Excel or Google Sheets might seem insignificant when you look at them on a features list. Colored labels, grouping, filtering, view options, etc. But you have no idea what a big difference they make! Airtable makes it possible to put in all the data you have, but the key to its success is it lets you filter it down to only the essential information you need to see to make the decisions in front of you. It's the database that actually helps with decision-making. And the more I use it, the more uses I find for it!

Cons

There are very few cons to Airtable. It's simple to use, and the potential is limitless. Once you start putting bases together, you just don't want to stop! One thing that is slightly non-intuitive is the relationship (or lack thereof) between different "tabs" of data. Read up on those before you go that route. You can also start getting out of hand pretty quickly with creating lots of different views, but nothing a little intentionality can't address. We trained our entire team on using Airtable for project management, and it's been the best decision we ever made.

• Customer Support Software

Wonderful solution to spreadsheets, needs more restrictive access, tech support needs...

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

We can have many views of the same data in one place without duplicating the data. Each person can have their own view based on the data they need to see. The biggest benefit we've had is time saving and the ability to access this data anywhere, at any time.

Pros

Last year I was on the search for a solution to replace XLS and found Airtable. Previously we were using microsoft xls, as we found even GoogleDocs didn't work for our purpose.

We produce hundreds and up to thousands of products for one event and previously used xls to keep track of production and for by line item invoicing purposes. The ability to have all the data in one spreadsheet but then filter things out in a specific view that allows you to see only what you want is useful and makes it so you don't have to have multiple spreadsheets with the same data. For example we have an invoicing view, that's filtered easily to show costs. Then a post event inventory view where clients can see what they can use for next event. We also have a QC view where our team members can easily QC the product without all the unnecessary data in their view/way. We also use filters to easily show us what still needs to be approved and what is left to be produced for the event. It's a been a great way for us to manage large scale projects and our clients love it. Also, the fact that it has a phone app is helpful to us since we work events, we are constantly on the road traveling and not always at a computer.
The ability to download the spreadsheets is simple also, so when I need to create an XLS file to accompany our invoice, this is simple and easy for me to do.

Cons

The #1 priority for improvement that every Airtable user complains about is the lack of restrictive access. Access is "all or nothing" so if I give my clients "Read" access, they're only limited to one view and can't edit or note anything. If we give them "Edit" access they are able to edit anything in our entire database, including our pricing, so that doesn't work. We want, for example, a customer to be able to go and note/change info for one column and not be able to add/remove anything. For example they could go in and put "approved" for a line item that they approve for production, but can't change any cells not in that column.

I'm not confident in their tech support at this time . Recently we had some data loss issues that created mass concern. We added data to specific cells in an existing spreadsheet, and the next day the data was gone. Airtable keeps record of any change in a cell and there was no record of us ever entering the data, like it never happened. We provided specific examples and their explanation of "packet loss" on our end makes zero sense. Based on data that we entered that day, we added a photo, then added a date, photo, then date... all the photos stuck, the dates did not, so it would mean that every other second a packet data loss happened? They still haven't given a suitable answer to this, and if you can't rely on the data you enter being there, that's made us think twice about moving to the paid version, which we were about to.

Vasilis
Vasilis

A good organizer.

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

That's the one app I am using all day. Restrictions, everywhere, as it's a kind of pseudo-database, but something like an improved excell sheet with database in it.
Its my preferred app because of the easy fast way to organize my work.
Sharing tables with colaborators may be tricky because charge may come higher than you thought.

Pros

This is the case, when I can only tell cons, however I am using Airtable every day, organizing all my business with it.
It's not a powerful database like Caspio for example, there are lots of things don't work as should. BUT it's a handy, internet based database, allowing you to easy create views, and see information sorted, to hide fields ot group by a field it's probably the best way in my opinion, you can view the information the way its most productive for you.
check boxes, multi-select or single select fields, autonumbering and a range of colors you can use to see information , easy way to introduce colaboration with "Make" - ex- Integromat , and Zapier and Jotforms and more makes Airtable a handy tool.
I would not give 5 starts to any of its features. And still is the application I use everyday to plan my jobwork.

Cons

Deduplication fields. Guys, please: I need to deduplicate all lines, pressing one button. Why can't you include the option 'dedup all' - on my own risk and I have to do it one-by-one and ask me if i agree?
And the 'merge option' is buggy.
Automations are buggy. It's a feature supposed to run javascript code, that's not exactly working here.
Also, to combine tables and fields, as they say it's handy but doing many things here one by one, and can't press to apply some rule to all , is really missing.
However, if you do small tasks, it's probably the best app.

Felix
Felix
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

A Comprehensive Review of Airtable: Key Features, Common Critiques, and Overall Recommendation

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

Overall, I've found Airtable to be a powerful and flexible platform that has greatly improved my productivity as a small business owner. Its customizable fields and views, integration with other tools, and collaboration features have all been invaluable in helping me manage my work and stay organized.

Pros

As a small business owner, there are several key features of Airtable that I have found particularly helpful in managing my work and staying organized.One of the standout features for me has been the ability to create custom fields and views. With Airtable, it's easy to create a database that is tailored to my specific needs, and the views feature allows me to see and interact with my data in a variety of different ways. This has been especially helpful in keeping track of important information, such as client details, project milestones, and team schedules.Another key feature that has been helpful is the integration with a wide range of other tools and platforms. I've been able to easily connect Airtable with my other work tools, such as my email client and project management software, which has made it much easier to manage my workload and stay organized.The collaboration features have also been very useful, as I've been able to share my databases with my team and work together on projects in real-time. This has greatly improved our efficiency and has allowed us to stay on top of our work even when we're not all in the same location.

Cons

I have mixed feelings about Airtable. On the one hand, I have found the platform to be extremely helpful in organizing and managing my work. The customizable fields and views, integration with other tools, and collaboration features have all been invaluable in helping me stay on top of my workload and stay organized.However, there are a few common critiques that I have encountered as a user of the platform. One issue I've had is the limited free plan. While I appreciate that Airtable offers a free version of the platform, the limitations on the number of records and attachments can be a drawback for small businesses like mine that need to store a large amount of data.Another issue I've encountered is the complexity of the platform. While Airtable does offer a wide range of features, I've found it to be somewhat difficult to learn and use, especially for someone like me who is new to database management. The learning curve has been steep, and I've had to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to use the various features and tools.Finally, I've been disappointed with the price of Airtable. It's a premium product, and it can be expensive compared to other database management tools on the market. As a small business owner, I have to be careful with my budget, and the cost of Airtable is a significant investment.

Md

• Customer Support Software

Keeping organized is easy with Airtable

Reviewed on 19/02/2023

Pros

Airtable is a popular cloud-based relational database and project management tool that offers several benefits, including:Flexibility: Airtable is highly flexible and can be adapted to meet a wide range of use cases. It allows users to create custom databases, spreadsheets, and project management tools with ease, without requiring any programming knowledge.Collaboration: Airtable is designed to support collaboration among teams, making it easy to share and collaborate on projects in real-time. Users can share databases, assign tasks, and communicate within the platform, which helps to streamline workflows and increase productivity.User-friendly interface: Airtable has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate and use, even for non-technical users. Its drag-and-drop interface allows users to create custom forms and views, and its intuitive design makes it easy to create and manage databases.Customization: Airtable allows users to customize their databases and workflows to suit their specific needs. Users can create custom fields, views, and templates, and integrate with other tools using APIs and integrations.Integration: Airtable integrates with a wide range of third-party tools, such as Slack, Trello, Zapier, and more. This allows users to seamlessly integrate their workflows with other tools and services, making it easier to automate tasks and save time.Overall, Airtable is a powerful and flexible tool that can be used for a variety of purposes, from managing

Cons

While Airtable offers many benefits, there are some potential drawbacks to consider. Here are some of the cons of Airtable:Limited automation capabilities: While Airtable offers some automation features, such as the ability to trigger actions based on changes in a database, it is not as robust as other project management and database tools. More complex automation workflows may require the use of third-party tools.Steep learning curve for advanced features: While Airtable is user-friendly and easy to use for basic tasks, some of its more advanced features, such as formulas and scripting, can be more difficult to master. This may require some additional learning and training for users who want to take advantage of all the platform has to offer.Limited export options: While Airtable allows users to export data in various formats, such as CSV and PDF, there are some limitations to what can be exported. For example, it is not possible to export entire databases with all associated data in a single file.Limited data visualization options: While Airtable allows users to create custom views and filters, it does not offer robust data visualization tools. This may be a limitation for users who need to create detailed charts and graphs.Cost: While Airtable offers a free version, some of its more advanced features, such as automation and advanced views, are only available on the paid plans. This may be a consideration for teams and individuals with limited budgets.

Miguel
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

The Evolution Of The Spreadsheet

Reviewed on 24/06/2018

Airtable is a refreshing new look at what spreadsheets can be. It is great for organizations with varying degrees of user experiences with spreadsheets. And if your organization uses spreadsheets quite extensively, then this might be a great alternative.

As mentioned in Cons, the proprietary nature of Airtable means that if you need to keep a standalone copy in a file format, you will not be able to do so. You can import those current spreadsheets, but once manipulated and modified in Airtable, you must continue using it. So, archival files are not possible. Something to consider, as some enterprise environment do like to keep electronic files locally archived for attachment to specific documentations. Airtable might not be that solution.

Pros

Spreadsheets are great because of their flexibility. But most of its power lies behind a vast library of functions that users must have a good understanding about its syntax and how to use it. Add to that the fact that they are not exactly pretty to look at. The solution lies with Airtable. Coined as part spreadsheet and part database, it provides a new way of displaying vital information without all the hassles of setting up a spreadsheet.

For starters, Airtable offers a vast array of templates and layouts to choose from. If you are proficient, or the templates simply do not provide you with the necessary layout, you can start one from scratch. Maybe even create your own template.

Airtable is like a high performance spreadsheet with a serious upgrade on its user interface. Even the user experience is something quite amazing. YOu add, remove or modify the columns and configure them to accept the data you need.

It does all a spreadsheet can do, except that its coolest feature is its ability to go from a grid appearance, like your typical spreadsheet, to a form appearance, which resembles more of a database.

Airtable offers a wide array of functionality in its free subscription level. Upgrades offer more customization options that enhance the functionality and appearance of your table. And to make the transition from regular old boring spreadsheets to Airtable, they offer importing of your data to start off with.

Cons

It is much easier than your typical spreadsheet, but if you are a true spreadsheet power user, you may find a bit of a lack in its functionality. Again, only if you are a power user, which most of us are really not when it comes to everything spreadsheets can do. There are limited hover over hints for the buttons and fields, so you need to really click on them to find out what they are used for. Novice spreadsheet users will still find a similar learning curve with Airtable, but because the core functionalities are visible from the top ribbon, it does make it just a bit easier to use. But, remember, there will still be a slight learning curve, especially with more advance features.

Please note, it does well at importing those current spreadsheets, but Airtable is proprietary and online, and does not do well if you need to export it into a document for archival purposes.