Freshchat

Live Chat software for modern messaging

4/5
4.0/5
4.2/5
Customer Support Software
3.8/5

Don
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

Freshchat is like a dashcam for your business

Reviewed on 08/05/2021

Love FreshChat.
I think it seriously is like having a portal into your users desktop and they are actively on my pages.

TOP TIP - dont set it up on homepage, set it up on inner pages of your site.

Pros

I love that it alerts me when someone wants to chat.
They are on my site - have read my copy and want to engage with me before potentially leaving my site.

Cons

I think some browsers do have features that block some users.

Also...I am not 100% on this but i have had bots or other web crawlers write messages and engage with the chat features. Its not a huge hassle, just a bug sometimes.

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Freshchat

I wanted live chat not Q&A.
Karan

User-friendly interface & pricing structure

Reviewed on 04/11/2022

Easy to manage tool that optimizes customer interaction, an incredible tool to have for a lean team. Much better than their competitors with respect to user interface, pricing, and customer support!

Pros

We could set it up easily since we had a few Freshworks' products integrated. The pre-built templates setup for the chatbot help in answering most of the common queries, making human interference minimal.The dashboards are intuitive, helping us understand the functioning and areas of improvement. This helps us communicate with a potential prospect as and when they have a query.

Cons

Although the existing integrations help, I would love to see some more features added that can help us increase collaboration with teams. The mobile experience is not as smooth as what their competitors offer.

Drift, Intercom, and Zendesk Suite
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

No notifications to admin or agent when inbox is not open

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Pros

Cheap and affordable pricing
Design is good

Cons

Sometimes i forget to check the messages and i miss lot of chat queries because of not receiving desktop notifications for new chat messages. I check emails less often.
They have this feature for visitors called "never miss a response by turning on notifications" but not for admins. I've contacted their support and they tell me that i only get notifications if i keep the inbox open

• Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

One of the best software for automated and natural customer chat responses

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

The overall experience was excellent, I was able to trust their app, and definitely liked their modern look of the UI.

Pros

I like their UI the best, it is very intuitive, easy to understand, and looks beautiful. I can also customize their theme as per my website's requirements. The automated responses they provide are intelligent, learn from previous answers, and can be hooked into any channel like WhatsApp, Sms, Messenger, etc. There is no more convenient app I have seen before. It's very simplified and provides real-time context for faster and more effective responses.

Cons

I did not identify any major con, and any issue I faced during setup was resolved by their customer support team, and they were quick to respond.

• Customer Support Software

Inexpensive chat bot for website

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

I have been using is for more than 2 yesrs now and i like it as it's totally worth of it's price.

Pros

This is an inexpensive chatbot and has campaign feature which i use very often on my website

Cons

It's not very customisable and does not have features like lead generation.

Intercom

It's less expensive
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

A nice chat tool for your website, but could be better. Better when bought with the suite

Reviewed on 23/09/2022

Pros

A great range of integrations available for the third party applications. Full of features like creating workflow bot, triaging chats accordingly, reporting, labelling etc.

Cons

Setup of logical functions isn't that easy and needs a lot of iterations and help. Not easy to setup. But then this is needed for advanced usage of the tool which not everyone would require.

Jason

An excellent entry into live chat support

Reviewed on 20/03/2019

Initially, I was looking for a live chat solution for one of our clients, but quickly realized the software could become useful for us as well. I explored several good options, including Tawk.to and Pure Chat, but found that overall, Fresh Chat offered the right combination of features and ease of use for our client, making it an obvious choice for us to support and recommend.

Pros

Fresh Chat is one of only a handful of free, robust tools for providing live customer support via your website with ease. Upfront, the ease of installation and configuration is fantastic. One needn't be an engineer to get this up and running quickly, as they provide all the tools needed. From plugins (WordPress in my case) to apps (Android and iOS both available), it's all easy to find, deploy, and use. In addition, there are numerous ways to integrate it with other systems, from Fresh Service, Fresh Desk, to third party integrations.

Cons

Perhaps the only area I think they could improve is by adding additional third party integrations, but that's a minor quibble, as they already offer several. In all likelihood the selection will grow over time.

Farrah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

FreshChat - really easy to implement

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

The support you get from the Freshchat team is efficient, they are helpful and fast and knowledgeable

Pros

Easy to use. The setup was so simple and the integration onto the website is quick. The training is self explanatory as the interface is user friendly

Cons

The only issue i have is cost. Most of the API integrations that are available needs to have a higher package plan which can get pricey

Muneeba
  • Industry: Research

• Customer Support Software

Bring customer servie level to the next level

Reviewed on 01/03/2018

Pros

I like that you can integrate this program with a lot of other ones, like Facebook Messenger. I like that I can message my team and customers in an intuitive way. I like that I can collect data from the people I want and "put them separately", like a favorite tag. I like the design, it's really modern. I like that you don't have a limit when it comes to having contacts, and there's this section that is called "reports", where you can monitor your team's productivity and you can see what you can do to improve your business.

Cons

It was a bit difficult to set up, but the customer service is really nice and it helped me with everything I needed to know!

Miguel
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Fresh chat good chat

Reviewed on 04/11/2022

Is good but change to Chatwoot because freschat is more expensive

Pros

Easy to deploy and integration to website.

Cons

Need more integration directly to the chat example with messenger whatapp and other tool.

Shu

• Customer Support Software

Highlight disappointed. Customer service is almost non-existent. Too many technical difficultie...

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

Highly disappointed.

Pros

It appears to have robust features and they attempt to offer cutting edge technologies.

Cons

I am highly disappointed in the Freddy chatbot. It was supposed to their best chatbot but I was extremely disappointed with it. We set up everything in the test environment and we liked how it worked, so we signed up for a one year service. However, after going live, we found out the live mode doesn't work exactly the same way as the preview mode. We went over with them several times and they admitted some functions don't appear to work the same. Their tech support admitted almost all of the errors but they never get back to us. I also asked if I could cancel it but they told me no because I made a one year commitment. I signed up for the service based on how it functioned in the preview model and we didn't think in a million years it would function otherwise. I was also disappointed in lack of tech support. They have great support for FreshDesk but not for FreshChat. When I called the support number, I was told there is no phone support for FreshChat. I emailed and we were able to meet them online to go over the errors and they recognized them but they would just not get back to us. I can’t say I recommend it.

Drift

Because we also use FreshDesk
Sanchayeeta

Decent software

Reviewed on 30/08/2021

It is a decent platform to be used for your support team.

Pros

You can use this software for your in house customer support team. The upgrade version has better features which I feel more convenient

Cons

There were a few issues in the normal version which is resolved in the upgraded mode

shahzeb

• Customer Support Software

Reliable and easy to use.

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Good.

Pros

It's easy to use and very reliable tool to use. The website conversion certainly increased and we have better qualified leads thanks to freshchat. The support team is easily available and the overall experiance has been very good. Highly recommended for small and new businesses (pricing is a big factor too)

Cons

The billing is sometimes wrong and you have to keep a check on that. But once you raise a ticket, it is easily resolved.

Shubham

Best chatbot application

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

I have been using this to integrate this in my website to help people find answers to there concerns and contact customer support if needed.

Pros

The ease of use and how we can integrate this in our own website just using the readymade javascript code. easy to create tickets in freshdesk and reroute to respective person .

Cons

Sometime the chatbot logo disappears and I have to reload the page to see it. Apart from this it works great.

• Customer Support Software

If you have an ecommerce site you need freshchat

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

Pros

Great tool for providing real time support. BOTs functionality is great for automatizing. Recommend to each ecommerce site. Allows to provide 7x24 through iOS or Android App.

Cons

If integrated with social media, messages are not marked read on each. :(

Pavel

Great for Mobile Apps!

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Pros

So far we use Freshchat for our Mobile App.
It's integrated inside, so everybody who uses the chat can get in touch with us.
.. and they do... and we respond from the very friendly and easy dashboard for us.
also it have free version, which fits our needs for now, which is great !

Cons

Would be better if their cust.support was answering faster.

Omer

Online Chat Support

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

I have been recently introduced to this software and it was pretty easy to integrate with our ticketing system and it is a very low budged product which we can purchase a license for each agent and we also get 25% discount on annual subscription.

Pros

We have integrated freshchat with our ticketing system and when we end any conversation on chat, we convert it to a ticket and the followup or mark this ticket as resolved and get customer feedback on our ticketing system.

Cons

There are very few details that are being fetched by freshchat from out Saas based application which puts us 1 step back and we have to initiate the chat with asking about the primary information like name, email, company name etc.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Pros

Really enjoyed deploying this onto our help desk. Customer support is absolutely amazing and go above and beyond to help.

UI is great and the ability to create the live chat into fresh desk calls allows for nothing to be missed. We use this for first line support and anything more complex we use it for extra details.

Cons

This used to be included in the fresh desk plan but is now an additional purchase.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

• Customer Support Software

Very limited features, expensive add-on, requires a lot of setup

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

We have not fully launched yet, because of the amount of time required to set up and copy over information from FreshDesk

Pros

I'm hoping there will be updates, but as of right now, it's difficult to use and requires an enormous amount of setup. It should just pull in our information from Freshdesk, but it does not.

Cons

Requires a lot of up-front programming. Should not have to re-enter all of the information we already put into freshdesk. This is very time consuming and confusing.

• Customer Support Software

An okay chat, if you are using other Freshdesk products

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

An okay system that is getting by for now.

Pros

There are some basic features that are nice (and other chats don't have), such as being able to post URL links in your chat. It does have an integration with Slack which is nice. Also, if you are using the other Freshdesk products, it may make sense to use this as well.

Cons

As far as features, there is nothing really there to wow you. I can't imagine anyone choosing this product over other options if they are not using the companies other products. If they could provide more options for design, that would be a big factor.

Luís Miguel

Useful contact center chat tool

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

It has been a very useful tool to convert customers to purchase inside the website.

Pros

It's embebbed in the freshwork ecosystem so if you have the other tools it's very easy to integrate and convert chats to tickets (with freshdesk)

Cons

Honestly, nothing. It's pretty good and simple to use, and allows you to chat with your customer in your website and social networks.

Ines
  • Industry: Events Services

great and simple tool

Reviewed on 01/02/2017

I found a couple of issues and I had some questions but i didn't get any answer from customer support.
The tool is pretty simple and easy to understand
I would display and arrange the chats windows in a different way for
operators
Is not clear the difference between visitors and prospects. Some typical help messages on the sections could help a lot.
I would offer to users the chance to close the chat because some times is really annoying

Pros

The tool is pretty simple and easy to understand

I would display and arrange the chats windows in a different way for
operators

Bipin

Freshchat has many issues

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Pros

It's easy to configure the automated messages which works fine. We found these were very effective in initiating with the interested visitors and get their contact details.

Cons

There are numerous things like:

- Poor on-time notifications of web visitors.
- Take almost 10 secs to the chat box to appear after initializing a chat.
- Difficult to transfer chat.
- Really bad customer support.

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

Its integration with our freshdesk was easy and very easy to use and administer.

Pros

Easy to use and configure and integrate with other products like freshdesk.

Cons

the solutions do not open in a new window and it only opens in half the screen when maximized.

• Customer Support Software

It's Really effective way to interact with your customers

Reviewed on 28/04/2019

It's a Really good experience.

Pros

Really easy to use and has a lot of basic features. it can be easily embedded to any website.

Cons

the higher plans are too much expensive.