Everhour

Time tracking, scheduling, budgeting & expenses software

4.7 /5 (254 reviews) Write a Review!

Nick W.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Great idea but let down by broken integration and open ended support

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Pros

Logging hours in Basecamp 2 works really well.
They've definitely taken the time to think it through and look at usability.
It's really handy to have the start/stop buttons next to each task.

And the idea of being able to automatically pass that through to account software is a good one.

Cons

Sadly the integration with Quickbooks doesn't work
Invoice numbers are emptied and delivery email address is also removed
So it's a real pain to have to find and manually assign the correct sequential invoice number and address.

It's easier to copy and past the times from Everhour into a new invoice in QB
- but then that really defeats the whole point of the software!

Having spoken to the support team, I couldn't get a timescale for a fix.
They agreed it was unreasonable to pay for software whilst waiting for it to be made usable - but didn't have any other suggestions.
Good software needs good support and that wasn't a great response.

I'd love to use this software, but just can't wait indefinitely without any indication of how long for bugs to be resolved and sadly, competitors, much like Everhour all want an annual commitment
So it'll be at least 12 months of using something else before I can even think about looking at Everhour - by which time whatever alternative solution I've chosen will be entrenched in my business and difficult to change.

Response from Everhour

Hi Nick,

Our apology for not living up to your expectations. I completely understand that my answer to you was not great, however, I did not want to feed you with false promises.

We highly welcome such users as you who could point to the drawbacks of our product. I will do my best to convince the team look into these issues as soon as they can.

Jessica W.

Swipe iX Time Tracking and Reporting

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Pros

- The ease of integration with our ticketing tool (Pivotal Tracker) was exceptional.
- The in depth reporting is both easy to use and extremely robust.
- The time tracking for my development resource team was easier than with any other tool we have used, making it much easier for them to track their time accurately.

Cons

- The project syncing and updating from Pivotal Tracker does take a long time, even when syncing is manually enabled.

Response from Weavora

Hi Jessica, thanks for the review! do you do a page refresh after a manual update?

Alecia D.
  • Industry: Design

Great time tracking through Asana

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Overall, super happy. Used it for a few years now. I just want something basic and clear with the ability to customize.

Pros

I love how it easily connects to Asana. It has a clean interface. It is easy to use. It generates clear reports.

Cons

The categories on the times sheets took me a bit to figure out.

Response from Weavora

Hi Alecia, I wish you be a long-standing customer!

Markus K.

• Customer Support Software

Does one the thing I want it to do extremly well

Reviewed on 20/03/2017

We've been using Everhour for several years now. After trying countless other time-tracking tools, Everhour finally was the one that worked for our team.

I believe its greatest strength is that the developer has (mostly) resisted the temptation to overload it with features that lie outside of its core proposition - It is mainly a time-tracking and -reporting tool, and it does this one job extremely well.

The main UI element is a single input box that smartly auto-completes project names, tags, and even whole issue-titles (if you are lucky enough to use on of the project management tools it integrates with - in our case that that is GitHub). It understands a variety of date and time formats, so it usually allows a user to write a time-tracking entry in plain English.

The reporting facility allows users to define a date-range and drill-down and aggregate by pretty much anything they could possibly need, and it allows the exporting to Excel, CSV and google docs. Pretty complete I'd say.

So why only 4 stars? The lack of an API keeps me from giving it a five-star rating. Why the developer does not provide one for their otherwise near-perfect product is beyond me.

Pros

Simple and intuitive
Very polished
Great reporting facility
Useful integrations

Cons

No API

Response from Weavora

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your choice.

Public API is available by this link:

Let us know if you could not see calls that you need here by contacting our support!

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to track your working time

Reviewed on 09/06/2018

Pros

I found this tool really not invasive and very easy to use. You can install the extension for chrome and then it just shows a tiny icon on the bar from where you can open the tool and see your activity and also start or stop tracking a task from there.
If you use asana on your company, then this tool will make time-tracking even easier thanks to its integration with asana.
When you're logged in asana you can start tracking from there already as a "play" icon will show next to every task from where you can start tracking by just clicking on it. The icon will turn into a "stop" icon so that you can stop tracking when you're done, or simply click on the play icon next to another task to start tracking next.
Another major and great feature of the tool is that you can generate reports of your tracking (or your team's tracking) that can be customisable to the very detail, allowing you to filter by multiple variables and time frames.

Cons

The reporting feature is powerful but can be a bit tricky to set up due to the fact that there are multiple options that you can select from.
So, you may need some time playing with them until you obtain exactly what you need.

Response from Weavora

Oh, thanks for your wonderful review!

Jerry H.

• Customer Support Software

I use Everhour as an add-on to Asana for project management.

Reviewed on 03/06/2017

Pros

I like having the timer embedded in the task items on my Asana projects. I don't forget to click my timer now. I also like the flexibility I have in tracking whatever needs to be tracked in a specific project. No two projects are ever the same and have different requirements for time tracking. I like the total time at the top of the project page and the reports i can run at the Everhour website. The task specific time tracking I can do with Everhour has helped me in estimating similar projects and evaluating contractor performance with my estimates.

Cons

I would like to see a total time for each section on my project page on Asana but if I have a critical need for this (such as a project revision) I can track the revision as a separate project in Asana and then I get total time at the top of the page for the revision.

Response from Weavora

Thanks for your review, Jerry! By the way, you can see the total time by each section in our reports.

Laura C.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

• Customer Support Software

The time tracking application you need

Reviewed on 16/02/2019

Pros

With Everhour you can track the time you spend working on assignments or tasks easily. Thanks to its integration with Asana you can start tracking the time when you take a task from within the application, which makes things very easy, but not only that, you will also be able how much time you or other members have tracked on a given task.
You can also generate reports for you and your team for a given period of time that are totally customisable to your needs.

Cons

I still haven't found any con to this powerful yet simple tool.

Response from Weavora

Thank you for a terrific review, Laura!

Roman D.

Good tool for money

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Pros

Trello integration, easy to use, chrome plugin

Cons

Missing 'Submit' feature, but it was delivered recently as far as I remember

Response from Weavora

Hi Roman, great to hear you like our product!

Maciej B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best time tracking for Asana users

Reviewed on 27/09/2018

Pros

Integration with Asana is seamless -- it looks and feels like it's always just part of Asana. Easy to add and edit time.
The reports are also excellent in terms of customizability.

Cons

Time needs to be tracked at the task level (in many use cases, it would be sufficient to track time at the project level).
Asana tasks need to be inside projects (can't track ad-hoc things easily).
There is a Slack integration but it's not very useful -- it's only for reporting, not tracking time.

Response from Weavora

Thanks you for this review Maciej, where you indicated our drawbacks objectively.

Ben W.

Solid Product!

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Pros

Reliability and ease of use across any browser - integration with Asana is key for our business.

Cons

sometimes the integration with Asana is a little buggy and requires a refresh

Response from Weavora

Thanks for the review, Ben! Yeah, we also hate refreshing, working to make it less and less frequent.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Nice sync with Trello

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

Completely forget about it. One issue once, support was effective and reactive.

Pros

Smooth integration with Trello, multiple activity can be tracked with detailed timing and comments

Cons

Reports could be most customizable (grouping/sum per categories/projects), I'm using to support billing to customers, I get more or less what I want but by twisting the tool

Response from Weavora

Thanks, glad to hear that you have no problems to use our product!

Dan S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Great tool, wish it synced with recurring tasks

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

Helps me manage/plan my weekly activities a lot more effectively, since I know how much time I have to work on things each day, and can quickly update estimated times to reallocate tasks as needed.

Pros

Makes it really easy to estimate/record time for Asana tasks. So I always have a very clear idea of how long it could take me and what it actually does take me to accomplish key tasks.

Cons

You can't put time estimates on recurring tasks, which isn't a dealbreaker, but I wish it had that capability.

Response from Weavora

Thanks, we are glad to read how Everhour helps you become better at executing on your tasks!

Andrew T.

• Customer Support Software

An effective tool for tracking time on platforms that don't support it natively.

Reviewed on 06/09/2017

Time reporting in Asana. Flexible custom reports for our clients for T&M engagements.

Pros

Intuitive integration into our chosen system (Asana) meant developers and designers never had to leave the main platform. This aided adoption and users could easily report time on the most granular of tasks without a PM creating them manually.

The ability to collect estimates and the customisable reporting were also strong points.

Cons

When adding a person to a project they weren't immediately able to book time to tasks. This meant resyncing from within app.everhour.com or waiting.

Response from Weavora

Thanks for your feedback, Andrew! BTW, we have created an option to force sync right inside Asana in a new project, I wish you saw that option)

Rhenrithya K.

• Customer Support Software

Best time tracker for Asana hands down

Reviewed on 18/08/2018

It's helped us become a lot more productive because we know exactly how much time are being spent doing what.

Pros

It's very intuitive to use. It has the richest set of features of any time tracking app we've used with Asana.

Cons

I forget to stop the timer sometimes. Having an auto-stop feature based on x number of idle minutes or some other trigger that would make sense would be great.

Response from Weavora

Hi, if you go to Account>More>notifications, you can set a reminder to stop the timer.

Kim H.

Ease of Use and Great Integrations

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Pros

We looked at a lot of software to integrate with Asana and Xero to track our project time—and this one was the only one that ticked all the boxes. The feature set is great at achieving what we need and helping us better understand how we spend time on projects. It works seamlessly with our other apps! The support is also really responsive, answering any questions we've had and taking our recommendations into account on product updates.

Cons

Reporting can stand updates but with the amount of changes they've made since we signed up, I only anticipate this to improve. One thing that is annoying is the inability to see when a time was logged, which is needed when you forget to start your time and are trying to work back to figure out the time you spent doing something.

Response from Weavora

Thanks for the review, Kim. We are going to add timeline in a matter of 2-6 months. You can use it to see the duration of work on a task.

Corina D.

Great use and sync

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Pros

I use Everhour with Asana and the sync is great. The reports are also all you could ask for and more.

Cons

There isn’t anything that i would change. N/a

Response from Weavora

Hi Corina, this is awesome to hear you don't want changes!

André M.

• Customer Support Software

Everhour delivers everything that they say they would

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

I can offer customer support for my clients using a very truthful report of time/h

Pros

Integration with Trello is a plus. Also the easy way to see all time spend from everyone of the team is a good feature.

Cons

I think the ux could be better. I do have some trouble setting up new reports and filtering information.

Response from Weavora

Thanks, feel free to reach telling exactly what can be changed in our UX.

Angel C.

• Customer Support Software

Everhour has been an effective tool for our organisation to track our progress and time for...

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Pros

Everhour is extremely easy to use. The interfaces on the website are really intuitive and information is really easy to find. It also integrates with our project management system, Basecamp, which streamlines the systems we use to track our team members' time spent on each project. It has also helped us monitor where our time is most spent between administrative, operations, BD and projects and comes highly recommended by us.

Cons

The only weakness of the product to date is that it doesn't integrate with our Basecamp app on our mobile devices or desktop. This means we have to use Basecamp on our websites to track our time and we also cannot edit our times on Basecamp and must go back to Everhour site to edit hours.

Response from Weavora

Hi, thanks for your review, Angel. BTW, you can edit time inside Basecamp if you click on your to-do.

Jess G.
  • Industry: Design

Great for remote teams

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

We love to be able to understand how our team is spending their time cause we can adjust and help them polish their skills, our clients love the transparency and we have healthier projects since we started using Everhour

Pros

It helps us manage the time our team spends on their tasks and maintain healthy projects

Cons

It takes time to go through all timesheets for all team members

Response from Weavora

Hi Jess! Great to hear you love tracking time with us.

Bernardo M.
  • Industry: Legal Services

• Customer Support Software

Best time tracker. Perfect match with Trello. Simple and efficient.

Reviewed on 06/09/2017

Time saved. Money saved.

Pros

Ease of use. Few steps to get things done. Nice reports with links that make sense when we are viewing the report in the app.

Cons

Excel reports could be more customizable. The description of the activity is not shown on the Excel worksheet. HTML reports could have links to these descriptions or there could be a way for our client to access data online, in the app, in a separate, view only account.

Response from Weavora

Thanks for being our loyal customer, Bernardo!

• Customer Support Software

Its a great tool for tracking time. It works well for personal use and team uses.

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

Pros

- We can easily add time for the tasks we do and helps to bill the customers.
- Integrations are good to track tasks from various other sources like trello, Asana

Cons

- The UI is bit tricky and needs some learning to actually get the full product out of it
- The pricing is bit costly and there is not free available for small teams.

Response from Weavora

Thanks for the review and for the cons comment - we will try to improve the UI experience. Do let us know what could be better!

Noah W.

• Customer Support Software

Has the right amount of features. Simple yet I never feel anything is lacking.

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

Pros

Ease of use, best Asana integration, reasonably priced. Does what I need it to do, reaonably priced, customer support is responsive.

Cons

No major cons. It would be nice to be able to have a separate time tracker desktop app that is not web based and pushes data to the web. So that you can rapidly switch taks timers as you work.

Response from Weavora

Thanks for your review, Noah! We first aim to empower our extension with more features, then we may think about a desktop app.

Joshua H.

Just works

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Our timesheets and invoicing time is now halved which is great

Pros

We use Everhour across the team to manage timesheets for all project. We have found the user interface and reporting to be great

Cons

There isnt an android app, but otherwise good. There are a lot of integration options but documentation needs a little work

Response from Weavora

Hi Joshua, thanks for the review! We will try to make the documentation better.

Casey H.
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

We use everhour in conjunction with asana to keep track of our work. This review is for V2

Reviewed on 24/05/2017

Scalability. Less work about work.

Pros

Easy to use - simple for both me as an administrator and my techs as regular users.

Comprehensive reporting - I can see all the time that techs log, along with the project data. I can arrange this in a plethora of different ways to suit my needs.

Asana Integration - We use Asana to mange our projects, so being able to seamlessly integrate saves a lot of work.

Chrome/Safari Extension - Compatible with just about any computer setup you may be running.

Cons

Invoicing feature only supports those who exclusively sell labor, not goods. We have projects where we spend time, but also have to sell parts. For this reason, the invoicing feature for us goes unused.

Response from Weavora

Thank you for a rave review, Casey!

Ammar M.

Very good software

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Pros

Keeps everything tidy and organized and seamlessly connects with Asana

Cons

There are some missing features when trying to look for specific information, which could make thins challenging

Response from Weavora

Thanks for the review, Ammar!