TimeCamp

A 100% free time tracker for teams. Unlimited users for $0.

4.7 /5 (525 reviews) Write a Review!

Franz B.
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

Get rid of your working hours

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

It helps me to get rid of my working hours to support several customers simultanously

Pros

True Multiplatform, I use it on my Windows Desktop, Macbook, iOS and Android devices.

Cons

unable to capture details in some specific aplications ( for ex chat contact information in Rambox, which I use for comunication with my customers, aggregating Whatsapp, Telegram, Skype and Teams )

Valerian B.
  • Industry: Information Services

Excellent time-tracker & budgeting

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

Overall, very easy to get started and use yet packed with powerful advanced features. If you want time AND budget tracking then use TimeCamp.

Pros

I use TimeCamp with Trello and it helps tremendously to keep my project on time and under budget. Seeing how long tasks are taking allows constant evaluation and improvement. But, the real differentiator for TimeCamp is budgeting. I used to track project funds on spreadsheets then switch back and forth between another time tracker. TimeCamp allows me to keep everything elegantly in one place. Time is money! Track them both in TimeCamp.

Cons

Some of the advanced features need better tutorials…videos are old and knowledge base is dated. Feature requests for Trello integration: estimate card time before starting timer, show running elapsed time on card while in board view.

Farah K.

• Customer Support Software

The basic integration works fine and i love the interface, but the integrations are...

Reviewed on 21/09/2017

it helps me track my time and my team's. when the app integrations work properly, i'm able to generate reports and give my clients solid estimates based on solid data. but as we're switching to asana, timecamp really falls apart, so i'm really frustrated by the lack of support and communication from your team.

Pros

i love the timesheet interface and easy on/off. the report feature is fantastic. i love being able to copy tasks and leave notes. i actually love this app, but the integrations are so messy and unstable, we might have to move to harvest something i don't want to do, but i think i won't have the choice.

Cons

your customer service / troubleshooting is terrible. i've had problems with the podio integration, but it's nothing compared to mess with the asana integration, which basically doesn't work. no one on the timecamp side helps properly. tickets are opened and lost, and replying to responses is impossible. it's a bit of a disaster on the front. we're thinking of switching to asana and will probably leave timecamp for harvest, which is a pity because there are several features i love with timecamp, esp the timesheet UX and the reports.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Farah,

Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback. Your opinions for what needs to be improved in TimeCamp are priceless! We are constantly working on improving our software. Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with our app,

Sheri O.

• Customer Support Software

Super simple but robust time management software.

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

It helps me keep track of distinct internal projects that I am required to report time against. I needed something that would work in the background. It has been perfect. I use the free version, though I have recommended the software internally -- it is being considered. :-)

Pros

It's super easy to manage tasks, create sub-tasks, and otherwise keep on top of the work I'm doing. It's also easy to switch between one task and the next, and the reports help consolidate the work I've done based on any kind of time period I need.

Cons

It would be great if it had an 'offline' detection system and query for when I return back to the software. Occasionally, I'll forget to close out of the last task and it'll run all night. I've become so reliant on its accuracy that it can be hard to recall when I actually stopped working.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Sheri,

Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback. We are constantly working on improving our software.

Mark christian K.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Efficiency is measured and budget is well-managed.

Reviewed on 27/10/2017

Pros

Time is well-monitored. By keeping an Activity Log for a few days, you can build up an accurate picture of what you do during the day, and how you invest your time. You'll find that memory is quite a poor guide, and that keeping the Log is an eye-opening experience!

Your Activity Log will also help you understand whether or not you're doing your most important work during the right time of day. For instance, if you're more energetic and creative in the morning, you'd be better off doing your most important work during this time. You can then focus on lower energy tasks, such as responding to emails or returning calls, in the afternoon.

Cons

Many of us know that we could be managing our time more effectively; but it can be difficult to identify the mistakes that we're making, and to know how we could improve. When we do manage our time well, however, we're exceptionally productive at work, and our stress levels drop. We can devote time to the interesting, high-reward projects that can make a real difference to a career. In short, we're happier!

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Mark,

Criselis P.
  • Industry: Design

Amazing tool to keep track of your hours!

Reviewed on 19/06/2020

My experience with TimeCamp has been the best since I start using the software I keep easy track of all my work hours with different projects and clients.

This has had a positive impact on the way I quote projects now on and budgets for all upcoming projects.

I always go back to past projects to create better estimates.

Pros

I love the easy and intuitive of the UI of TimeCamp, this is helpful at the moment of multitask between projects and keep the hours logged.

Also, the mobile app is great to keep track of hours on the go.

Cons

I feel that it is room for improvement with the timer starter on the desktop version.

When you click "Start timer" it doesn't automatically start just until you click for the second time on the green button "start timer".

When I'm working between a few projects at the same time sometimes I miss the second click and my time doesn't run until I find out.

I will also add a color picker on the project's "colors" to give more freedom of color tagging. I like to add colors to my project depending on the brand color palette.

Héctor joel B.

• Customer Support Software

TimeCamp, simple but very efficient.

Reviewed on 17/01/2019

Its initial configuration is a great help to adapt the tool to have an optimal operation in your company, we have been able to improve communication channels and better coordinate our projects, reducing lost time. You can give it a try by testing computer monitoring and then you complete your subscruption. The contribution will be worth it!

Pros

TimeCamp maintains a simple style, exclusive and questioned by its users but it really meets your needs, it is perfectly coupled to monitor your equipment and minimize valuable time you lost with other tools in your projects. Its integration with other similar applications complements it perfectly, its availability to choose the modalities of time is exceptional.

Cons

Initially the prices were not in good taste, but over time they adjusted it, there is a specific case and it is the deployment of this tool in the mobile devices, we tried to implement it but it did not work correctly as it does via the web.

Lauren L.

Can't Live Without!

Reviewed on 15/06/2020

I'm able to track my time on various writing projects and separate those into tasks. The Reports feature allows me to bill my clients with total accuracy and helps me see where I can be more efficient with my time. Invaluable!

Pros

I love EVERYTHING about TimeCamp. It's intuitive to use and has been ESSENTIAL for my freelance business. The support team is quick to respond and very professional. The developers are incredibly generous, as there are so many useful features in the free version. I can't even imagine what the pro version can do! Thank you, TimeCamp!

Cons

I truly can't think of anything I'd like to improve.

Permana J.

• Customer Support Software

Very useful, help me realize where my time go.

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

This help me improve productivity by letting me see the reports.

Pros

It has many kind of reports.
Let you set what program is productive and which one is not.
I usually use manual tracking, if I track wrong task, there are feature to move the time to correct task.

Cons

Sometime I create task with same name. Would be nice if it alert me that there are task with similar name exist, and then I can choose whether to continue create it or start the already exist task.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Permana,
Thank you so much for the high rating and kind words! We'll definitely consider implementing your ideas. Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with TimeCamp!

Nikolay N.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent time tracker for free

Reviewed on 20/09/2018

When I decided to get the grip on my job productivity, I've studied some ten time trackers with free tariff plans. I choose TimeCamp and I'm happy with it, my working time is now measured in the very way I wished.

Pros

This time tracker covers all of my needs for personal time tracking doing that for free and without ads. Just two clicks - one on a tray icon and another on task name - to switch a task I'm currently working on. Just one double click on the same icon to get a daily report.

Cons

There are minor interface issues that are too small and, I guess, personal to mention them.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Nikolay,
Thank you so much for for the review and high rating! Happy to see you found our tool useful. Soon we're going to release an entirely new design of web view and apps and I hope this solve the problems you mentioned.
Warmest regards,

Andrew M.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Cross-plattform time tracking with amazing feature set and device compatibility

Reviewed on 01/08/2016

I have been looking for a cloud based/cross plattform (computer + mobile) time tracker to replace my old dektop tool (which was simple, lightweight, easy to use).
The only one I found checking several online was TimeCamp - also with a free account for basic needs which works great too.

Support are AWESOME - the even transferred my old database from the old tool to TimeCamp. Amazing. The android app gets frequent updates and they are always very responsive and helpful to support requests.

I use it without the desktop app, via a browser, and out on client meetings via the app, as I don't need my computer time tracked automatically. Works a charm.

A clear winner, very highly recommended indeed for tracking time spent on projects.

Pros

cross-plattform, browser + mobile + desktop, cloud database, FANTASTIC support, great free features as well
moving time/tasks between projects/re-organizing possible too

Cons

app interface not as feature-rich as browser/desktop, here and there update/logging issues with weak mobile connections -> BUT CAN BE FIXED AND CORRECTED EASILY via the browser later on

Response from TimeCamp

Thank you so much for choosing TimeCamp! Your experience is invaluable - we'll try to do our best to improve the way our app work on particular devices. The highest level of our support service is a priority, so it's really nice to read your experience!

• Industry: Building Materials

• Customer Support Software

Best Time Tracker I've ever used!

Reviewed on 02/02/2019

I've used at least ten different time trackers. While each one has their own pros and cons, I find this one to completely satisfy my needs. Whoever invented the concept shares my needs.

Pros

Very few clicks to get a project started. I'm able to stay very organized with clients and work performed with tasks, subtasks, and the "Note" available for any task. It takes me just a few seconds to find a project, start the timer and get to work. I use the paid version so I can create timesheets to bill clients.

Cons

No complaints at his time. It works very well for what I use it for.

Katarzyna A.

• Customer Support Software

Nice time tracker, I use it in work and personal life to improving my habits.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

I lost my bad habits like time eaters. I can manage my work time and easily track every project.

Pros

Free edition, subtasks and desktop application. I appreciate tracking other activities even if I don't work.

Cons

No budget and financial settlement in the free version. I must rewrite reports to excel and there input prices and costs.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Katarzyna,
Thank you so much for reviewing our app and high rating! Happy to hear that you found TimeCamp useful for your work and it helped you manage time wiser. Unfortunately we're not planning to include budgeting in a free plan, but please stay up to date!
All the best,

Lana S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Best software providing excellent solutions for time management.

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

My overall experience about this software is amazing. I would say it is an easier way of observing data as well as drawing conclusions. It is no doubt an outstanding way of tracking data. Excellent software that provides detailed budget reports to the clients. This software has always proved to be helpful to our team.

Pros

If one wants to measure activities and productivity in a best way then TimeCamp is the best ever choice. This software provides us excellent opportunities to work on multiple projects with numerous options of reporting. It seems to be extremely easy for adding new users as well as projects. Most favorite feature of this software is its ability of analyzing budgets as well as giving us comparison of estimated budgets.

Cons

If I talk about cons, I would say while using this app on mobile device sometimes data get lost but this may be a broadband issue that occurs rarely. I would say there should be option of storing data. However, it works perfectly.

Kris M.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Super. Highly Recommend.

Reviewed on 21/09/2017

Hassle free time tracking and project reports.

Pros

Great time management system. I've used others that were cumbersome and bulky, but Timecamp is easy to use and intuitive. It's a fast interface. I can easily add notes in my project time, archive and de-archive projects, add subprojects, run reports with as much detail or as little as I want (many report info options). Using Timecamp saves me time in my freelance business and allows me to track my hours accurately without hassle!

Cons

Some of the interface screens look a bit dated, but doesn't bother me as I care more about function and it all works great!

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Kris,

Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback, so that your opinions for what needs to be improved in TimeCamp are priceless!

Stephen P.

Flexible and effective

Reviewed on 18/06/2020

I looked at a lot of alternatives before settling on Timecamp. As a small business I just need something simple and clear and Timecamp does that for me; the others seem either too heavyweight or too clunky. Timecamp does have a lot of good features for larger users but if you don't need them, they don't get in the way.

Pros

It is easy to use and has a nice clean interface. Flexible and easy to edit project information.

Cons

Difficult to delete tracked activity. Would like to see a simple "delete all activity for user" or something like that.

Thamara D.

• Customer Support Software

Best way for time management and tracking!

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Great tool which will increase productivity by managing time efficiently.

Pros

With the TimeCamp ,we can track and evaluate performances of our co-workers as individuals or team. TimeCamp platform is easy to use and very simple to understand and work with it. When it comes to project management , with the use of TimeCamp we can easily track billable hours for a project.Also best feature according to my experiences is automatically create invoice based on hours that spent on customer projects.

Cons

Need to learn about TimeCamp and practice will make you make perfect with the platform. Reporting feature should improve with user experiencing techniques.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Excellent Tool for Project Time Management

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

Overall TimeCamp offers an excellent project time management solution.

Pros

Vast library of integrations allow TimeCamp to integrate with almost any workflow.
Simple, easy to use interface is quick to learn.

Cons

Advanced features can be somewhat difficult to learn at times.
Interface could be refined to simplify use further.

Scott N.

• Customer Support Software

Perfect tool for productivity tracking

Reviewed on 17/07/2016

tracking my time is an important part of my job, as we need to bill customers correctly, and before timecamp i had tried countless other tools but each time i quickly stopped using them as they were slow, clunky, to cumbersome to add new projects, and many other reasons. finally i came across timecamp and have been using it ever since. it is fast, simple and accurate. everything i needed along with an accessible api for the tiny bits which didnt quite make the cut.

Pros

ease of use, accuracy, interface is well designed, accessible from multiple locations, good reporting features

Cons

price point is a little off, too costly to implement on a company/enterprise wide scale

Response from TimeCamp

Thank you so much for your review! It's so good to hear that you utilize lots of TimeCamp features - they were designed to help companies bill their customers accurately. In case of the price - please feel free to contact us again - we will try to find as best conditions as we can for you!

Luca D.

• Customer Support Software

Great software to track time, I don't have time to remember everything I do because it does...

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

Pros

The easy of use of the software is really a pro! It takes just some minutes to set it up and then you're good to go. You have many options available to make it exactly how you want it to be. It can also be linked with other services to greatly expand its functionalities.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that the coolest options are only available after you buy a premium plan, but its definitely worth it anyways.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Luca,

• Customer Support Software

We use it for work and we're incredibly happy with the results

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Pros

I use it with my team, and we greatly appreciated the easy interface and the simple tasks required to set up a project and tasks and start recording our time.

Cons

What our team enjoyed less is that the web version isn't always so accurate, and sometimes we need to re-enter our task durations or description since it didn't save it the first time. Apart from this (not so frequent) bugs, the software is very reliable

Response from TimeCamp

Dear TimeCamp user!
Thank you so much for kind words and high rating! Happy to see you found our tool useful for your business. Sorry for all the bugs - our team members are doing their best to fix all of them.

Best,

Ben C.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent product and easy to use, with good integration options

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

Pros

The easy way to record time and the integration with Xero. It is easy to use and can record time management with one click. Also great for generating invoices.

Cons

The design is a little clunky when integrating with Xero and a few too many steps seem to be duplicated, could be a more streamlined process.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Ben,

Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback. Your opinions for what needs to be improved in TimeCamp are priceless! We are constantly improving our software to meet with our customers' needs.

Aleksander W.

• Customer Support Software

Good and easy to use software doing just what it should.

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

I wanted to measure how my time is spent and how much of it is used for helping other developers, how much is wasted and how much is spent on codding. Results were a bit different than expected and this helped me to reorganize a bit.

Pros

In general it is quite good software for keeping track of what you are doing on daily basis. Automatic task selection is nice feature and gives a lot of freedom when configuring it. You can easily add new tasks and keep them grouped together. You can export to other software and file formats.

Cons

If I am leaving my computer to help a colleague and am locking my workstation the software will automatically stop logging time. This is a bit annoying. It would be great if I could select that certain task should run on locked workstation. This is not that big of a deal tho. You can always edit this later on if you need. For some reason tho, manually added tasks are not sorted correctly by time. I think this is a bug.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Aleksander,
Thank you so much for the high rating and kind words! We'll definitely consider your suggestions. Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with TimeCamp!

Luisana A.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent timestamps and with a comfort that does not have any other software, very efficient.

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

I have benefited from the use of TimeCamp in my company, as we currently have some employees who tend to work over time, and with this platform, we have managed to take the exact time worked.

Pros

What I like most about TimeCamp is its design, this makes it much more comfortable to take a time, an alucive design and encourage to stay inside the platform, excellent design that makes incredible comfort.

Cons

I do not like that TimeCamp only allows to take time through a software via Web, I would like it to be available for mobile devices and thus take a while from anywhere in the world.

James G.

Great Time Tracker!

Reviewed on 15/07/2016

I have been using this software for over 6 months and have enjoyed the ease of use, accurate time keeping and automatic saving of characters as they are entered.

Pros

I like that it is Web based and I use it while at the office, on-site and at home. Customer support is very responsive and helpful!

Cons

Reports are a little tricky at first but once you work with them a while they're great.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello James! Thank you so much for the review - it's a pleasure for us reading that our tool tracks your time accurately. It's so nice as well that you're happy with the customer support. If you'll have problems with reporting feature in the future, don't hesitate and email us for more tips!