TimeCamp

A 100% free time tracker for teams. Unlimited users for $0.

4.5/5
Customer Support Software

537 Software options

Jennifer R.

• Customer Support Software

I use TimeCamp daily to track my true hourly wage

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Integrating TimeCamp with my business took a few minutes in the beginning. I had to update keywords over a few days to make it a perfect custom fit. Every time I have a new client, I add new keywords - the whole process takes less than a minute.

Pros

I use the time tracking with keywords every day to track how much time I am spending on each client every month.

Cons

I have no complaints. There is nothing I would change.

RescueTime and DeskTime

Reasons for Switching to TimeCamp

I tried several automatic time tracking software when deciding which was the best fit. TimeCamp quickly was in the lead. Background automation and seamless integration won.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great tool for time tracking your projects

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

We have trying to manage better out time spent in projects and understanding which activities are causing delays or need improvement in order for the team to be more efficient. With TimeCamp we are capable to understand exactly which part of the project require more time so we can find a solution and also the saturation of the team so we can distribute workload in a fair basis.

Pros

I fist tried the trial version of this program which is long enough (30 days) and offers a very good overview of all the features of the tool and how much they can be useful (even when you have not consider them before!). Other similar tools are very restrictive with their features during this period.
TimeCamp allows you to track the time spent on a project by an employee. It allows you to have multiple seats with different permissions and create multiple projects that can be divided in tasks. It is also possible to allocate just some of the team members to a project . It is not only possible to track projects but idle time and attendance.
Reports are are very complete and have many options to filter and present the data you need. The Dashboard allows you to be updated very fast
The tool is very user friendly and can be set up just in a few minutes.

Cons

I have tried the Desktop time tracker, which is a nice idea but you are not able to do many things from the widget so you will often have to come back to the website. It would be nice to have the possibility to switch projects or creates new ones directly from there.

Toggl Track and Timesheets.com

Reasons for Choosing TimeCamp

I made the switch from a similar product because TimeCamp is much more customizable and user friendly

Toggl Track
Jesus C.

• Customer Support Software

An essential application, for you as well as for your business

Reviewed on 06/03/2018

The benefits are many, both personally and at a business level, since as for me personally it helps me to carry out an accurate calculation of my time and in which I invest it, helping me to better organize my productive and business hours is very important that allows you to precisely calculate the time per task to know in how much time your team resolves each task and the response time that you can offer to a client.

Pros

It is a powerful application that allows you to monitor the time spent on each task you perform during the day, you can use it whether you are the only one in your company or if you have a team at your command, it allows you to see the time invested per task, per project , in a web page or a document, giving the ability to manage the time of employees, know exactly how long each one takes a task, you can know what is your best resource and which takes a little longer, you can know with accuracy the time of a specific task to offer an optimal service to your clients, really an application that can not be missing in your company.

Cons

the disadvantage is the personal effect that each employee has, since they do not like the idea that they are being observed or monitored until this point, they must touch the issue with the team that it is for the good of the business and it is not for negative reasons.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Jesus,
Thank you so much for kind words and high rating!

Happy to see you found our tool useful for your business.

Francisco V.

• Customer Support Software

Your best friend when we talk about managing and measuring times

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

To be able to measure and obtain statistics of the time it takes for each task, to be able to create precise plans for the developments and projects.

Pros

A very useful application in work and personal life too, its greatest benefit is to give you the possibility of accounting and taking statistics of the time it takes for each person to finish a task, allowing concrete and precise planning based on actual times already measured, account also with many other functions, such as knowing what other things each individual does in the working hours, being able to see if he / she is losing a lot of time and tasks that are not required for the company.

Cons

For one as a worker it can be invasive since they can see what you do and what not, you need some freedom in our times and your boss should be able to take this with care so as not to disfavor the welfare of the team.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Francisco,
Thank you so much for kind words and high rating!Happy to see you found our tool useful for your business.
Unfortunately, it's hard to explain the employees how time tracking can be useful for them and implementing is not used to control them. One we should do in the implementation process is to show them the advantages of time tracker, how it affects their productivity and efficiency.

Geertje V.

Great tool for freelancers to track the time for your projects/clients

Reviewed on 23/08/2016

I use this tool for quite some time now, the free version. I moved from Toggl to TimeCamp a few years ago.

Pros

The main pro for me: besides starting tracking time in the moment/realtime, you can also track time backwards. The desktop tracker makes it easier to see what you were working on, on how much time you spent on it. Time you spent on websites, and even emails and time you spent on a Word/Page/Photoshop/etcetera document. TimeCamp automatically adds it to your schedule under 'unassigned computer activities'. You can check the description, select it, and add that time frame to a project.

Cons

As far as I can see, you can't edit the date for an entry once you've entered it (I use the free version). The free version hasn't got the feature to download a PDF for your time tracks on a certain project (the paid version does).

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Geertje,
Thank you so much fore the review! Happy to read that you've used TimeCamp for two years and decided to give us a try and moved from Toggl! We're still trying to make TimeCamp better and more intuitive as well as planning to make the free version more extended, so please, stay tuned!

Gijs R.

• Customer Support Software

Lots of features that help you to get track of your team's time tracking

Reviewed on 12/09/2016

We are using TimeCamp since 2013 and have an integration with Podio. All clients, projects, workorders etc. are being entered in Podio. This data is being synced to TimeCamp so clients or projects can be chosen in TimeCamp to track time on.

Time entries are then being synced back to podio. Depending on your settings in the integration, they get synced to an extra app or to the single items in Podio. So, you can then track, measure and calculate with the time tracking entries from TimeCamp. No need to use any other software as TimeCamp and Podio.

Pros

Flexibility and lots of integrations with different tools.
Good value for money.

Cons

Integration is sometimes a bit slow. We have had a few issues in the past but most of the time, this service is working great.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Gijs,
Thank you so much for the review and high rate! We're pleased that you've decided to track time for your company with TimeCamp - promise we'll do our best to never let you down. It's great that you've found Podio integration useful and easy to use.
Thank you so much for being with us!

Mark M.

• Customer Support Software

Convenient, reliable, straightforward time tracking

Reviewed on 20/08/2016

My job as a consultant requires that I report what projects I've been spending time on each day, down to 15 minute resolution. TimeCamp makes it easy to track my time, switching between tasks with a single click.

Pros

I can enter tasks and track very quickly, switching between tasks in real-time with a single click. It is easy to edit tasks and time. I like how I can start a timer without specifying what a task will be, then addi the task later. This is very handy when I'm interrupted by someone wanting to talk, but not know what project they want to talk about until after we're done.

I usually just use one report - a weekly summary of time per project per day, which I export to Excel and tweak and format by hand.

Cons

There are occasional glitches on the main timer screen where the running total time for the day isn't correct. But a quick browser refresh clears it up, and it *never* affects the actual recorded time in the reports.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Mark!
Thank you so much for your review!
I'm more than happy reading that TimeCamp works for you and your activities nicely - a pleased user and his experience means that our tool fulfils its purpose! Thanks for mentioning the problems with the accuracy - we'll work on it definitely.

Ifeoma O.

• Customer Support Software

Effective means to measure productivity.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

Primarily we use Timetrack the productivity level of all teams in my organization on every company project.Timetrack also allow for easy tracking of attendance tracking application, which assists management to measure how much work hour is done by every employee within the organization and even monitor the internet usage rate of every employee.
Timecamp has a commendable integration reach and at the moment it is integrated with Asana, Slack and Wunderlist in my organization.

Cons

Once in a while , we have seen work stalled for a short while because of the Timecamp site crashing.Also the user interface is not intuitive and new users in my organization spend too much time trying to understand the functionality and how it works.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Ifeoma,
Thank you so much for review and rating! Happy to see you decided to switch to our app and you're satisfied with its features and integrations.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused by tool crashes. We're working on improving TimeCamp's functionality, so please stay tuned for the updates.
Warmest regards,

Joshua J.

Timecamp : Simple, Mobile-Capable, and Easily Integrates with Asana

Reviewed on 25/08/2016

I really like Timecamp. Our company used Toggl for about a year, and then when we found Timecamp and tried the free trial. We were impressed by the ease of categorization and the integration with Asana (our productivity tracker of choice). We were also impressed with the invoicing capabilities (the ability to provide a hosted link and customize the jargon is great)

Pros

The integration with Asana, the invoicing capabilities, and the ease of tracking on desktop and mobile. I also LOVE the ability to have the desktop program integrate with the browser and keep track of my activities when i forget to switch. Killer feature.

Cons

Personal problem: I really wish there was integration capable with Asana on the level of tracking from within Asana; kind of like Harvest's integration ( but I don't like Harvest's UI or structure for project management).

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Joshua,
Thank you so much for the review!
Happy to read that you've have us a try and moved from Toggl! We're still trying to make TimeCamp as easy as we can. The more intuitive time tracking is, the better results it provides.
About the integration you've mentioned, please stay tuned, we're planning something special which should be an answer for this problem :).

Mark T.

• Customer Support Software

Simply the BEST time tracker of anything we've used in the studio

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

Very responsive customer service. They set a high bar for what I think productivity software (and software in general) should provide. They have been surprisingly responsive to feature requests, and they learly listen to their client-base. It is one of the most well developed platforms I have ever used, and is nearly friction-free. A delight to use.

Pros

• Feature rich for the money.
• Great UI.
• Seamless integration with Trello for project management.

Cons

Not much to complain about. Maybe a slightly better way to save customized reports by client, but I have an easy workaround for that.

Lorenzo R.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

great experience!

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

I used it for more than one year in the free version, for tracking my activity from project to project, maintain focus, self assess how much time i need to complete tasks compared to prevision and bill customers accordingly.
it is so easy to loose track of time with projects spanning on many months and different customers with different rates and pricings and discounts. And with automatic activity tracking I get as a bonus to track distractions too!

Pros

it is easy to use and setup and does not add overhead in the normal activity workflow.
however it does great in tracking the activities by task and analyze the time spent on each task, project, client, and many more!
graphic user interface is great which is a big plus for me.

Cons

the phone part of the interface is a little slower to use and less natural so I find more difficutl to track activities which are not at the computer

Lori F.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to use visual tool with great reporting options

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

I use it for basic timekeeping, the company I work for uses another resource for corporate time sheets firm wide. I work in a small group of internal designers that reports more detail to management.

Pros

I like that I can choose a graphical or textual calendar for daily timekeeping, and prefer the graphical version. Rather than turning the timer on and off I manually move the time segments as I am working, in part because I jump from project to project. I like that there are several options for reporting, and that I can add detail to each task. Though I don't use this feature myself, that you can tag tasks as billable or not. I haven't used all the features yet, but appreciate the complexity for timekeeping, reporting, goal setting and efficiencies that this product offers.

Great integrations with Wrike and Jira, though haven't used them yet.

Cons

I would love to see video tutorials on the website that teach how to use the many features, appreciate the knowledge base page, but it helps to see someone using the tool or demo what you can do with it.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Lori,
Thank you so much for all the kind words you wrote about TimeCamp! Happy to see that you found its features useful. About video tutorials - you can find it on our Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/TimeCampInc), we added them to our Knowledge Base as well.
Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with TimeCamp!

Azat M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Good time tracker for Wunderlist

Reviewed on 22/08/2016

I track my tasks in Wunderlist and was searching for good service to automate tracking of time spent on each task. Tried different solutions but overall experience with Timecamp was the best. It automatically syncs all changes to tasks made in Wunderlist and I can track time from Windows app, very convinient. Sometimes there are some technical problems, but they are resolved rather quickly, client support personnel is very polite and helpful in providing information on issue. Taking into account price charged, for me using Timecamp became no-brainer.

Pros

Integration and automatic syncronization with task-tracking apps;
Desktop and mobile apps;
Desktop app allows automating tracking tasks based on apps used and documents opened;
Personal productivity assessment;
Flexible reporting system with ability to export data;
Reasonable pricing

Cons

Technical problems (in past 3 months), but resolved quicky

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Azat,
Thank you so much for the review! We're more than happy that you've decided to choose TimeCamp among other time tracking tools you had tried before. We're still trying to make TimeCamp better for our users - that's why knowing that you've stayed with TimeCamp in spite of the problems is priceless!
Feel free to contact us anytime in case of any questions.

TimeCamp Review

Reviewed on 17/09/2018

Great asset to managing our marketing agency. We love the ease it takes to input times. We never have to worry about time record keeping because TimeCamp does it so accurately. It makes creating our invoices at the end of each month so much easier.

Pros

We like how it integrates well with our project management software. It also has great analytical reports that in turn help us better our business practices.

Cons

If you delete a user, it also deletes their time recorded on TimeCamp.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear User,
Thank you so much for kind words and high rating! We're really pleased to help your company deal with projects and tasks.
Regards!

• Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Perfect, with one HUGE Flaw

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Pros

Easy to use, Appreciate the free version as I'm a one-person shop. Convenient to use from anywhere because it's on the web.

Cons

The REPORTS function is BROKEN. Every time I want to run a report, I have to SIGN OUT, then sign back in, and then Reports only works for a little while and it breaks again. I've sent them screen shots and I admit they seem to have tried to figure it out, but it's crazy -- very frustrating. I continue using it because everything else about it is pretty much perfect. But this broken reports function needs to be fixed.

John M.

What's not to love?

Reviewed on 22/08/2016

I do not like to bill hourly as a developer, but by milestone. Client insisted. Googled up timecamp, dropped in, fell in love. I use trello so it doved tailed perfectly with project management.

Pros

The best thing is being able to categorize projects and tasks on the fly. I get a bug report that needs immediate attention stop and start a timer with a the bug in the notes and I am off. Later I can run a report and it becomes the invoice.

Cons

I wish it would beep every half hour to tell me a timer was still running. Sometimes I forget and have readjust the times. Basically I need to read my mind, oh well.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello John, it's been a pleasure to read your kind words! Thank you so much for the rate and review. We're happy that you utilize lots of TimeCamp features, not only time tracking or computer usage tracking. Thanks for letting us know about the timer idea - we'll think about it, definitely!

• Customer Support Software

Ideal application for project scheduling and time tracking

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

User friendly application that allows employees to manage their time vs tasks and increases visibility to management

Pros

We used TimeCamp in the previous organization I worked for. It is quite simple to learn because of the user-friendly interface. It is easily configurable and allows users to prioritize and manage tasks thereby increasing productivity.

Cons

use of the application can encourage micro-management, which can have the reverse effect to the intention of the application i.e. manage time, employees and increase productivity

Response from TimeCamp

Dear TimeCamp user,

Thank you so much for kind words and high rating! Happy to see you found our tool useful.

Shelley L.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A Lifesaver!

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

Time tracking

Pros

Tracks activities with a minimum of clicks
Good variety of reports
Easy to export or copy/paste reports into Excel

I'm a technical writer with lots to do on multiple projects and must track my time, which is hard to do. TimeCamp keeps me up to date without my having to rely on memory to justify my existence!

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Shelley,
Happy to hear that you found TC useful! Thank you so much for the high rating and kind words. Wishing you lots of profitable projects tracked with TimeCamp!

Allison S.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Times with brevity.

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

TimeCamp has benefited me, because although it has no instructions, I have managed to handle it perfectly and I have managed to take the exact time that each of my employees works.

Pros

TimeCamp promises since its inception, a stable platform for taking time without interruption, and that's what I like, that complies with what promises to the client, offering functionality without setbacks.

Cons

It is not so easy to manage TimeCamp, and the worst thing is that there are no instructions to understand its management, I recommend that instructions or steps are implemented to achieve a better management of each new client that enters the system.

Jessica C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

• Customer Support Software

Essentially exactly what I need at low or no cost

Reviewed on 12/09/2017

I can start and stop work at any time so I only charge my clients exactly what I work.

Pros

I searched awhile to find software the suits my needs: I do freelance work for different clients under different agreements. I really like that I can track each project under each client easily. The reporting is excellent, even the free version allows me to summarize in different ways - you just need the premium version to export.

Cons

I liked the idea of having the timer on my desktop so I could jump between windows. The ability to detect when work starts and stops is cool too, but I didn't like the idea of it tracking everything I do on my computer so I still use it on my browser. There was one time when it went offline, but the software kept tracking my time and synced up when it got back online - that was a great relief.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Jessica,

Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback, so that your opinions for what needs to be improved in TimeCamp are priceless. Sorry for the outage, we always try to provide the quickest access to our service.

Erik S.

Awesome

Reviewed on 13/09/2017

Pros

Functionality, value and the fact that is a pretty easy to use software. It gives me the ability to track my valued work hours.

Cons

Just a little thing that is not a big deal an it's the manual input of time, example in order to write 10:03 you have to type 1-0 then just 3 instead I thought that it would've been like typing 1-0, 0-3 , I type a lot of numbers and I had a little issue when trying to get used to it. But at the and it's a pretty good service and software.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Erik,

Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback, so that your opinions for what needs to be improved in TimeCamp are priceless. We'll definitely make the manual input of time smarter!

Carole K.

• Customer Support Software

It is a very adapted and effective service that only focuses on taking time.

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

The truth is I am very excited with the lasting benefits that TimeCamp is giving me, thus providing a very comfortable interface to deal with the work times of each employee.

Pros

TimeCamp is very good software, I would dare to say that one of the improvements, and I really like that it is a fast interface to use and use in the long term, is very comfortable to stay within this platform.

Cons

I have no complaints about TimeCamp, the truth is that it has been a product that has been worthwhile and has achieved a lot in my company, providing me with a reliable platform to know what time my employees work.

Heather R.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

helped me to track my time well

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Pros

time tracking awesome
color coding awesome per client
calendar good
viewing great
easy to use

Cons

hard to print reports
hard to go backward to review time tracked
could use a grib or chart aspect for time measurement

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Heather,
Thank you so much for the review and rating! Happy to see our app helped you for your business. Sorry for the inconvenience with reports - in case of any further problems feel free to contact us!

George C.

• Customer Support Software

We've been using it for a little over 6 months for time tracking. Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 12/09/2017

A great improvement in time tracking over our previous manual system.

Pros

Ease of use! Super simple to use. We were previously using excel spreadsheets for manual time tracking and TimeCamp is actually a good deal easier.

Cons

Asana integration is not as streamlined as we would like. It does work, but we found that it doesn't always pull new tasks in quickly and sometimes requires manual syncing.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear George,

Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback, so that your opinions for what needs to be improved in TimeCamp are priceless. We'll try to make the Asana integration smarter!

Randy Q.
  • Used for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Outstanding and comprehensive time tracking system designed for performing multiple tasks

Reviewed on 17/01/2019

If I talk about my overall experience I would say TimeCamp is absolutely a blessing for me that provided us the best solutions for time management in most probable ways.

Pros

TimeCamp is the best software in order to track and manage time effectively. It let us measure several activities and productivity. It helps us in saving much of the effort and is considered to be the tremendous timesaver. I like its user friendly nature a lot. Its professional way of tracking time fascinates people to prefer this product over others. I love the way it provides fantastic opportunities for recording time automatically as well as manually.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about this product because it fits the way we really in search of. It is extremely useful product. Honestly speaking I have benefited a lot from this awesome tool. So there are not any cons at all.