FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile

Flat rate pricing & agreement management for contractors

4.3 /5 (457 reviews) Write a Review!

Kevin R.

Coolfront Helped Us

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Pros

How easy it is to complete a job with an invoice ready for the customer when your finished

Cons

I would like for there to be repairs without labor added to them for certain situations

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for your fantastic feedback, Kevin! We love to hear Coolfront helped you!

Kristen P.

• Customer Support Software

Coolfront has been a huge addition to our productivity!

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

Pros

The office staff loves having a digital record of all of our calls, along with notes from both office staff and techs. Being able to quote out repairs, have them approved, and collect payment in the field is great for our productivity. We use it as a communication hub between office and techs in the field.

Cons

The office staff wished there were more search functions and filters. The colors defining a closed work order, and started work order, etc. should be different

Shawna L.

• Customer Support Software

Hard to find products and sync is frustrating. Creates new customers with a #2 #3 etc.....

Reviewed on 29/09/2017

Streamlined our company invoices for a consistent pricing.

Pros

Great in the field, makes pricing easier and consistent. Techs find that a professional presentation looks good for customers and company

Cons

Syncing with quickbooks and notes do not transfer. A LOT of work for the bookkeeper jumping back and forth between coolfront and accounting software.

Livio S.

• Customer Support Software

I'm disappointed with the new search

Reviewed on 02/10/2017

Pros

A very extensive data base whit very good description of the different products an repairs, the ability of adding your own repair

Cons

The new serarch engine has made more difficult to find a Or search for a repair, for example Friday I was looking for ( replace evaporator coil) the program can't find it. Outside disconnect can't find it

Samantha F.

• Customer Support Software

Coolfront is a great tool that has many features that make life more simple.

Saving paper

Pros

It makes it better for the office staff to be able to track the technicians by seeing what tickets they have entered each day. Used to its full potential, technicians can interact with the office staff by making notes on their tickets.

Cons

I do not like the format of how you have to search for archived tickets. It is not quick and easy to go search for an archived ticket and then get back to the work orders screen. It takes a few steps and a little bit more time than I would like for it to.

Annie K.

COOLFRONT MAKES GETTING PAID EASIER

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

EVEN THOUGH THIS PRODUCT CAN GET PRICY, WE FEEL THE TECHNICIAN AND CUSTOMER CAN BOTH KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS BEING CHARGED AND EXACT WORK TO BE DONE.

Pros

YOU CAN SHOW CUSTOMERS EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE PAYING FOR, YOU CAN ADD NOTES AND JUST THE OFFICE WILL SEE. YOU CAN TAKE PAYMENTS ON THE SPOT. WE REALLY LIKED ADDING ON THE GOOGLE CALENDER TO THE PRODUCT AS WELL.

Cons

CAN GET COSTLY AS WE PAY PER INVOICE. WE DO NOT LIKE THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE GOOGLE CALENDER ADDED TO THE PRODUCT

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for the positive review Annie! It's great to hear that Coolfront is such an integral part of Air System Solutions!

Malia F.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Coolfront has made our services so much easier for our Service Technicians and Customers.

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

Maintaining our customers and being able to email them through Coolfront has been easier than us always mailing out receipts and invoices.

Pros

The technicians are able to find every repair that is needed to complete their service call without having to constantly call into the office.

Cons

Coolfront has been wonderful and the only issue we have is we would like to see the entire month available rather than today , tomorrow etc.

Kellie R.

• Customer Support Software

very easy to use. All of our employees love it

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

Helps keep our office and out service technicians organized so that invoices do not get overlooked

Pros

The ease of using it. It's up front and easy to use. It's very self explanatory. It gives you all of the fields that need to be filled in. I also love that it has internal notes section where we can write notes that only the office can see

Cons

That we get charged when we have to go in and change a name or address or customer info on an invoice

Harry H.

Ease of coolfront

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

I've been very satisfied and would recommend to anyone. Very easy to get started and understand

Pros

It's very helpful in price guide to my industry and area I service. The options to modify custom and favorite items is great

Cons

The only issue is when setting up certain price options and I need to discount certain things I'll have to go back to customize service call fee so it doesn't take discount off fee just part

Response from Coolfront

WOW Harry! Thank you for your incredible review!!
We really appreciate it!

Kyle F.

• Customer Support Software

The new features are terrible! Go back!!!

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

No more carrying around huge price books! Customers love the fact they can see what all customers pay and know they are being treated fairly.

Pros

The program itself is awesome! Before the new update I could make and complete a ticket in minutes ease of use and teach ability to new techs was outstanding. Go back to before the new update!

Cons

The new search option is terrible. It deletes everything I type into it because it's trying to "guess" what I'm looking for!And makes finding parts so much harder!. Just slows the system down and becomes a pain.

Jess K.

• Customer Support Software

Coolfront has changed the way we perform service call for the better and with ease.

Reviewed on 18/10/2017

Pros

When looking at flat rate books vs coolfront's mobile software, it was clear coolfront was the way to go. The database is always updating with market fluctuations and with the ability to add custom items it is a great fit for us.

Cons

The new search engine is pretty rough and seems to be lacking compared to the previous version. The ability to add a custom discount to a ticket without having to add it to the whole system first would be great. And the ability to change the order of items on the ticket would be fantastic.

Super user friendly

Reviewed on 04/06/2018

Easy to use, and the work order immediately shows up on the techs device, eliminating the need for the tech to drive all the way back to our office to gets their next work order

Pros

It is super user friendly & easy to use. I love that it can be used on a computer, cell phone or tablet and there is no subscription. You only pay for what you use.

Cons

I wish it would show the price of repairs before you select it..... sometimes our techs aren't sure which repair to pick until they see what the charge will be & then they have to go in and delete it if its way out there.

Morgan Y.

• Customer Support Software

Coolfront has allowed for more competitive pricing for our company. Instant updating is great.

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Pros

Great pricing and updates! It allows us to stay competitive with pricing with the updating flat rate.

I like that the program updates instantly. I can edit and update work orders while the technician has the work order assigned. I like that I don't have to wait on techs to send work orders back to be able to change them.

The techs prefer this software to the previous one we used.

The invoicing straight out of Coolfront feature is great and saves time.

I like that there is a place for technicians to get signatures from customers for approval for work.

Cons

NO DISPATCH BOARD. Currently I have to utilize another software to see the layout of the daily schedule. It would make my job as dispatcher much easer if Coolfront had a dispatch board.

There is no way to build your customer data base besides building new work orders.

An area for techs to put in equipment would be wonderful. It would allow our techs to enter equipment info to build more customer history, and to allow us to know what each customer has at their home or business.

Finally, having an area where technicians can log their times would be super helpful. For example: Dispatch, Arrival, & Departed times.

Stacie L.

Past and present use

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

When I used the program years ago it thought the program was especially useful but we used it in a total different way. Using the voicemail system was what i was primarily using. At the new company we use Ring Central in a more administrative function and answering calls. the system has a lot of customization but I have yet to past the surface this time around at the new job.

Pros

I like that the software when used correctly can deliver a vast array of services and features. the Call forwarding and emailed voicemail alerts are also very helpful.

Cons

When you make any changes even trivial ones the system has been glitching and causing it to reboot.

Response from Coolfront

Hi Stacie! We're glad that Coolfront Agreements has saved you time and you enjoy all of the features. Thanks so much for the great review :)

Michael W.

Nice program

Reviewed on 08/01/2020

I am not able to charge a fair rate to my customers by using the flat rate

Pros

I like that the software has the repair parts listed in the program with labor time figured in.

Cons

I would like tonse a secondary repair for systems that need more than one repair

Response from Coolfront

Hi Michael, our support representatives would be happy to help you adjust your pricing so you can charge a more competitive rate for your area!

Alex G.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Overall Good Software

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

Overall the software is pretty good and makes it easier when the time comes to collect from a customer. If a few issues could be resolved with this software it would be great.

Pros

Payment integration, Quickbooks integration, Customer history, customization ability.

Cons

The lack of integration with coolfront agreements. Would be easier to know if a previous customer has a service agreement at the time of creating a new work order. Being charged for invoices that are canceled or made by mistake, or being charged for an invoice that has not been completed.

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for the review Alex. We're always working to improve the Coolfront experience and your feedback will be included in our future plans.

Bridget W.

Best Software Ever

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Cool front has helped me with the dispatch calendar. It automatically sends all of the appointments straight to the google calendar. My service techs can easily put in pricing and collect in the field.

Pros

I have used many dispatching software and I find Cool front to be the easiest to use. I love that the flat rate pricing is built into the programming. It makes is easier for my service techs to come up with prices in the field.

Cons

The only thing that I find annoying with the software is finding archived work orders.

Response from Coolfront

Bridget - we are so ecstatic to read your amazing review!!! I will pass your feedback along to the dev team about archiving work orders but thanks so much for taking the time to share how much you love Coolfront and the flat rate database :)

Susan E.

• Customer Support Software

It works well. I wish it was easier to search for customers & if they merged better.

Reviewed on 09/10/2017

emailing of invoices & receipts. Flat rate pricing.

Pros

I like the ease of entering the information. I like that you can email receipt to customer right away. I like how it can be an invoice or a receipt.

Cons

It's not easy to search for a customer unless you know the date of the last time you were there. That is my major disappointment with this program. Searching for customers & history & merging the calls together. I ALWAYS have to go to add on & Merge. I wish it was more automatic. I use wintac & it always pulls up correct customer just by entering a few letters or address. You dont' even need complete info. If Coolfront doesn't correct the merge/search soon I will have to switch to a different software/dispatching program.

Jenny G.

• Customer Support Software

Coolfront has streamlined our billing process.

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

Pros

Coolfront allows our technicians to bill our customer and receive payment at time of service which I feel has greatly reduced the number of outstanding accounts.

I really like the auto-fill feature for repeat customers. I also like how easy it is to add special repairs that can't be found in the automated repair list.

Cons

I don't like the fact that you don't have an option to look for updates-a message pops up to update and it's always at a bad time.

I also don't like the limited amount of custom items under tune-ups and discounts. We could really use more in both areas as there are still items that are not listed or are listed but are way off on the amount to bill the customer.

I wish there was a way that we could update the actual cost of parts vs using the price that is listed. There are many times that the cost listed vs our actual cost is very, very different.

Roger S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Excellent product for routine maintanence techs.

Reviewed on 30/08/2018

Overall I am very satisfied with the product and it’s usefulness for routine services. I wish payment was integrated and the ability to work with wintac for database history for our company.

Pros

The ability to copy and paste routine notes and the customization to our products that are common repairs. Also keeping customers data and info to look back at last calls.

Cons

The parts options are national averages and don’t reflect our regions pricing structures without always having to adjust. Also many popular Trane parts are not listed and you have to adjust the labor time to reflect what we would normally charge for that part. The fact that if I have to enter this multiple times to get a good price for my customer runs up the line items for each ticket charge. If I recall they charge for every two line items but if I delete and have to add it four or five times to get the pricing closer I believe that’s a charge to us for another ticket. Could have more common parts and a database that is a little easier to navigate.

Response from Profit Strategies

Thanks for the great review Roger! We're going to have our Trade Specialist get in touch with you to offer some assistance with the Trane repairs!

April K.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

We use it daily

Reviewed on 06/10/2017

It helped us integrate into a service based software for our techs to use in the field instead of using hand written invoices.

Pros

It isn't complicated to use for my techs. The mobile app is easy. The customer must approve the repairs before work is done.

Cons

1. Not enough spaces to enter my description and pricing (favorites).
2. Changes customer information randomly (we will change a phone number, then after saving it, it will revert back to what was previously automatically generated - addresses, names, etc.).
3. Expensive
4. Does not enter an invoice into quickbooks if there isn't an amount and when we do a service that is prepaid for then there isn't a dollar amount and it will not put it in my system so I am double inputing.
5. On the mobile app, every single time we use it, it constantly requests us to update, even if we just did the update.

Julia L.

The best yet!

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Forget paper, Coolfront makes it unnecessary. A tech can easily get to a job, write up a bill and get approval from the customer, even get their signature on the work order, all without a single printed paper. The rep in customer service has been awesome the whole time! She's stayed with us, reaching out over the 2years since we signed up to see how things are going and offer us training.

Pros

Coolfront syncs with Google Calendar, enabling our techs to click and go without the messy copy/paste of the job address into their GPS. For dispatching, once the work is on the Calendar, I can quickly hit the address that pops up on the schedule and map job distances, so that work flows well for the tech that day.

Cons

Customer notes need to be more visible: We copy and paste checklists into internal/customer notes so the customer see's an outline of work performed and any suggestions the tech has. (Picture the checklist you see on the printout after an oil change) We've had to add extra steps when setting up a work order to make Coolfront work for us. Great we're able to customize, even greater if they decide to add our suggestion so it saves us time.

Gene loflin
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Coofront

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

saves us from having the techs coming into the office to drop off invoices, saves the hassle of having techs run out of invoices in the field. Our over all ticket price has gone up as a result of using this product.

Pros

the ease and access is great. updated pricing is big plus.
you dont need to buy a seperate flat rate pricing program this comes with it already.

Cons

Limited number of custom repairs, limited number of installations .

Response from Coolfront

Hey Gene! So glad to hear your avg. ticket price has increased with Coolfront's flat rate pricing. Awesome news!! Thanks for the great review :)

Joan H.

• Customer Support Software

Great software that makes payments easy.

Reviewed on 18/10/2020

Pros

My favorite feature is that it makes payments easy. With Coolfront Payments, your technicians can run the customer's debit and credit cards from the coolfront mobile app in the field, no longer needing to bill the customer after the incident and pursue payments for months. Prices are competitive, funds are available the next day, and your customers will love you for making the payment so easy and hassle-free.

Cons

There are no parts I don't like. I use this software fondly.

Outstanding - flat rate software

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

We use the flat rate software often enough that it becomes easier and easier.

Pros

Flat rate makes the quoting easier. The labor, taxes, all included. That produces no arguments about hourly charges. As well, there are no part numbers on the invoices, just job numbers and task numbers. Makes the software less threatening to suave internet homeowners and business owners.

Cons

Sometimes the needed parts are not available. Need to cross search better, (need either part numbers or descriptive search). Some parts are not prices well, (a little over the actual - better than being to low.)