FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile

Flat rate pricing & agreement management for contractors

4.3 /5 (455 reviews) Write a Review!

Bryan A.

• Customer Support Software

COOLFRONT has been a very pleasurable and user friendly software system for us.

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Pros

We had tried 2 other scheduling software providers prior to finding COOLFRONT. In both cases the experience was stressful and was not beneficial to our company's production and therefore our bottom line. COOLFRONT has had 2 positive effects on our business. Not only did it solve our scheduling conflict issues, but also gave us access to new, up-to-date, flat rate pricing that has increased our bottom line and helped us become a more productive service company.

Cons

If there was one thing I would change about COOLFRONT, It would be to give ADMIN the ability to make changes to the cost of a part. When management feels like a customer needs a discount for that part or service, in my opinion, It would be much easier to simply adjust the cost of the entry that a tech has already found in the COOLFRONT data base, instead of having to make up a custom repair and price for that part .

Matt A.

• Customer Support Software

I like a lot but a lot is to desired.

Reviewed on 06/10/2017

Pros

Ease of use. Can be operated quickly with little experience. Like the part finder if you know how to use it.

Cons

I hate when it wants to update while either writing notes or searching for a part. I wish there were tabs in my favorites for favorite filters, types of freon, or belts instead of looking over my favorites 3 or for times. I wish I could add a custom part or charge myself instead of having my office remake what I've already done just so they can send it back to me to add it on my favorites. All of the other techs said the same about updates. Add them to the home page when available. Frustrating. Finally inputting carrier numbers usually calls for 2 additional numbers or letters at the beginning of a part number. If typed in using the part number supplied from carrier it fails to find it. If those 2 first numbers or letters are left off when typing it in it will find it every time. I have found this only on carrier parts. Thank you for your help.

James S.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Coolfront is good overall program

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

It has been good. Customer service has always been helpful.

Pros

This program is easy to set up. Easy to adjust rates. Updates parts pricing regularly. Cost is very reasonable as it is a per invoice. The cost is built into the invoice.

Cons

No option menu available. No graphics. Can be cumbersome to look up different repairs.

John W.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

perfect solution for field techs (creating work orders, pricing jobs, collecting payments)

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

The price database has helped us charge more accurately and profitably. Perfect solution for our techs to create professional, digital work orders, price jobs/quote jobs, receive customer authorization, and collect payments in the field; however, does not fully automate office (need to utilize separate software solutions for accounting, CRM, scheduling. email, creating service contracts, etc.)

Pros

it's exactly what we needed for the field techs at service calls. it's the perfect solution for family business/ independent contractors to create professional, digital work orders, receive customer authorization and collect payments in the field. The parts database and ability to customize rates/add custom installs makes pricing jobs and quoting customers seamless. Integrates with quickbooks for invoicing/accounting and coordinates with google calendar (what we use for scheduling)

Also, it's affordable , it was something we could actually afford to try out with no huge comittment and ended up loving it (no subscription fees/pay per workorder). In addition, the price database has helped us charge more accurately and profitably)

Cons

inability to add custom fields to work order template (i.e. there is no field to specify/enter model/sn# for equipment being serviced on the work order; we have to type it into the customer notes section.)

also, need a separate CRM. although we LOVE coolfront for the field techs, this software does NOT function like a CRM so do NOT think it's a 1-software solution to automate your office/completely go digital. we still keep a file drawer of paper files and use google contacts/google calendar (which is something we aim to go "fully digital" with, but now that we rely on coolfront for the field service software it's been challenging finding a CRM to add-on that allows us to keep using coolfront for the workorders, payments, and parts/pricing database.)

and, small thing, but when emailing a copy of the work order to the customer, it generates an auto email but does not let you type in a custom subject line or message into the actual email message (you have to add any notes into the customer notes section of the work order itself)

Response from Coolfront

Hi John - thanks for the thoughtful feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it all out. I'm glad you've reaped the benefits of more profit!! Stay Cool!

Mike S.

• Customer Support Software

Coolfront is way beyond all others in every aspect of their products and services.

Reviewed on 13/04/2019

Awesome experiences all around. If feels good to know that I’ll never have to research into any other programs because I’m at home with this one:

Pros

Coolfront has been, without exception, has always been way above the top notch in all aspects of their products (Apps, Add-Ons) and their services (Their in house Cutomer Service and all of their ADD-On’s Custom Service Crews). They have all been, every time I’ve had a need, been only a phone call away. It most literally felt like I was the only one calling them, as if I am the only one that has any questions or needs. They have always gone way beyond my expectations. Keeping in mind that I am a very small company- this very small fish has always been treated to swimming in their very big pond. I am looking forward to getting started with other Add-Ons like their mobile payment solutions program.

Cons

I’ve got nothing. I have not experienced any thing negative during my 4-5 years experience with Coolfront, To Your Success, and the Maintenance Program

Response from Coolfront

Wow, Mike. What an incredible review. We shared your comments with the entire company!! Thanks for being a stellar customer.

Joshua K.

• Customer Support Software

Coolfront is good but striving to achieve greatness

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

I have been using Coolfront for 9 months now and they are truly making an effort to improve but I'm really waiting to see if this is going to be worth it as a long term solution.

Pros

Coolfront has fixed many of the bugs and random updating problems from the past. It integrates well with quickbooks and now offers payment options on the invoice with automated follow up survey options. There is a large database of repairs and equipment that makes invoicing quick and easy.

Cons

Coolfront really really needs a downloadable app. Integration to quickbooks could be more advanced by applying payments collected on the job to the proper account upon sync. There us a lack of Lennox equipment and the pricing of the existing Lennox equipment is not accurate ($200 air filter?). The "get savvy" link would be much more useful by allowing customization. The technician assigned to the job should correlate to the email address that is seen on the invoice. The amount of invoices used does match the amount of invoices I've been charged for (Overcharged).

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for your feedback and 5-star review, Joshua!!

Robert S.

Coolfront Usage

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

Reduces paperwork somewhat but customers prefer a printout for records. We have seen better profits on repairs with the flat rate program. Am quite satisfied overall with only a few things that could be more useful. I would recommend this program to others.

Pros

It has large repair database which saves time. Is relatively easy to use if you use correct numbers. Customers seem to approve of it. Updates often and stays current.

Cons

Does not allow you to save estimates. Archives them and treats them as completed work orders. This causes some erroneous billings to occur because it syncs with Quickbooks and creates invoices when work has not been done. A bit difficult to search for estimates without date. Only saves certain number in Archives.

Response from Coolfront

Hi Robert! Thanks for the review :) Did you know you can print and email invoices? That may appeal to your customers who want more of a "hard" copy. Appreciate your feedback!

Clifton T.
  • Industry: Utilities

Coolfront has the features I need for my HVAC business

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Good software, fair price for all you get and good support team.

Pros

I have used Coolfront for about 6-7 years now. 3 with my previous employer and 4th year when I went out on my own to earn a living.
I like the features Coolfront offers with easy to find results for many parts stored in the database thats updated to list the cost of parts so you can give the home owner a updated repair estimate.

Cons

Well, can't say nothing I don't like. The way it keeps track of all invoices and past calls to that customer is great too. I have recommended Coolfront to many business associates.

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for the positive review Clifton! It's great to hear that you've started your own business and that Coolfront is part of your success.

Sally W.

• Customer Support Software

Finally able to bill upon completions in the field.

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

I think it saves the company and makes the dreaded end of the month billing obsolete.

Pros

Being able to bill the customer right on the spot and collect the money is great. This keeps the cash flow going and we have less bad debt from customers that refuse to pay later. It is also nice that all bills are consistent, just in case neighbors would compare. I also like that it will prefill info from our QuickBooks database. Very easy to set up new customers and add or change information. It is nice it will show previous service call information on the form for easy reference.

Cons

Sometimes the program can run slow. This can cause our guys in the field to have to wait until the changes come through to their I pads.

Jessen M.

I like Coolfront!

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

I can enter Work Orders, and our techs can retrieve all of the customers' information on their phones. This facilitates a smooth transition from one appointment to the next, without having to check in with the office. The efficiency of entering Work Orders once, with the office and techs having access, saves time and minimizes miscommunication .

Pros

I can copy & paste all pertinent info. into my follow-up documents.

Cons

I have to go to Archive and enter specific dates, to get any work order from a previous week. Simply entering that date, will not pull up the work order. Also, there is no allowance made for cancellations. We are paying for Work Orders that get canceled, which makes me hesitate to enter them ahead of time. This also affects our scheduling.

Response from Profit Strategies

Hi Jessen, thanks for the review! We always appreciate customer feedback and it seems you're throughly enjoying the Coolfront app!

William E.

• Customer Support Software

Very good. Readily accepted and implemented by service technicians.

Reviewed on 06/10/2017

Cost reduction overall of processing service related billing and customer tracking. Also reduction in preprinted forms. Repairs data base that is always up to date. Made is a more profitable service company due to uniform pricing and makes it easy for tech to price out job.

Pros

Easy to use. Usage cost is applied to each ticket. Data bases updated regularly. QB integration. Am really liking the recently added feature of "installs & quotes".

Cons

Some of our problems are due to slow internet I suspect. Don't like the automatic archiving of work orders. I want it put away when I deem it appropriate. Don't like the new search engine dynamics. Old one was better in my opinion.

Clifton T.
  • Industry: Utilities

My Coolfront Review

GREAT SOFTWARE FOR BUSINESS OWNERS

Pros

I used this software t my Previous employer before I started WEATHER READY Heating and Cooling.
I like Coolfronts software that makes it easy to keep track of all jobs and service calls.
Coolfront is a great software for helping me to keep up with my business.
I would recommend Coolfront to all HVAC, plumbing and electrical contractors.

Cons

I have no cons about the software. I have had no issues.

Response from Coolfront

Hi Clifton!! We are so happy you love Coolfront and are reaping the benefits of work order management and business efficiency.

Tony R.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent. Changed our service department for the better.

Reviewed on 03/10/2017

Pros

Glance back is extremely helpful. Merge it is also extremely helpful.
Email button to send invoice or receipt to customer is great.
Able to use system off line is very important to us. Cellular service is not great in our area.

Cons

Would like to add more default email addresses. For example, when I send to customer I would also like accounting to get the invoice as well as myself ( Service Manager)
Parts Cart doesn't show up all the time so it quit thinking about it. When I view a techs work order I don't see Parts cart.

Response from Profit Strategies

Tony, all of us here at Coolfront appreciate your business!

Mike P.

Coolfront functionality review

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Overall good experience - has allowed us to access customer history way easier than in the past.

Pros

Easy to understand, good product support, integrates well with quickbooks

Cons

IMO, the main screen layout & menu setup needs to be completely reworked - A side or top/bottom menu bar would be a much better layout & would speed up use by not having to constantly go to the home button & waiting for a menu to select from

Response from Coolfront

Hi Mike! Thanks for the feedback. We love hearing how we can make Coolfront easier to you. I will pass you design comments onto our development team. Stay Cool!

Jay B.

• Customer Support Software

Life changing software for your HVAC business!Get this now!Having the history available is...

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

Consistent pricing helps me and my customers know that if I send Tech A or Tech B out, the price will be the same because they are using the same flat rate book! Also, customer history and Quickbooks integration is the cats' meow! Highly recommend this software for any HVAC, Plumbing or Electrical Contractor out there as a zero cost way to get into the flat rate pricing model.

Pros

Integrates with Quickbooks easily. Keeps a history (Glance Back) of previous service calls for the customer that is super easy to review. Updates database frequently to keep abreast of changing commodity prices (refrigerant, etc.). Zero cost to business to use. Hands down, the best choice for any HVAC business! Uses the same flat rate as Profit Strategies, but in an electronic, searchable form.

Greg S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Very helpful

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

Because of real time pricing, it has taken the guesswork out of billing, we really enjoy having this and it has improved our business.

Pros

This software is good at taking out the guesswork on pricing jobs, parts, and labor rates. Very professional looking to customers and easy to generate bills and email them.

Cons

Sometimes hard to find a part or job description when looking up stuff. Doesn't always transfer payment information properly to Quick Books.

Response from Coolfront

Greg - thanks for the awesome review. We appreciate your support!

Dawn M.

• Customer Support Software

So much better than Flat Rate Books!

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

Pros

I use coolfront on a daily basis and without it there would be a lot of lost jobs. We can quote water heater replacements and some repairs directly from the office. Our technicians use ipads on the site to run the program and collect payment - it is simple for them and gets payment quickly.

Cons

The new search feature is worse than the previous search feature. However the Coolfront team is constantly making changes, updates, and actually listening to customers in making improvements.

Jennifer A.

• Customer Support Software

Coolfront streamlines our invoicing!

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

Coolfront was not my favorite office tool when we first change over. Now I love Coolfront and especially love the time and money it has saved our small company!

Pros

Coolfront has grown on me. The streamline between the technician, the customer and the office has saved our small company money and time.

Cons

Coolfront is a little difficult to get used to but once you do it's a major time and money saver!

Response from Profit Strategies

Wow, Jennifer! We're so glad you L O V E Coolfront!! We'd love your feedback on how the getting started process was for you so we can continue to refine it and make it easier for companies to get up and running quickly. Thanks for the review and Stay Cool!

-Kate @ Coolfront

Andrew H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Solid Flat-rate pricing software.

Reviewed on 08/01/2020

Coolfront easily allowed us to transition immediately into flat-rate pricing - simultaneously correcting a much needed labor pricing increase. We received little to no customer complaints. Many commented on ease of paying from phone/online.

Pros

Ease of use/repair pricing for technicians and customer interaction. Customers responded well to online payment features.

Cons

Not enough insights on invoice information/tracking of data. Monthly information is available - looking at the year month by month would helpful.

Some of the tasks, particularly looking up previous invoices, isn't very intuitive. Would prefer a simple customer search button.

Response from Coolfront

Thank you for the review Andrew. It's great to hear that your customers were receptive to you switching to flat rate pricing!

Michelle H.

Coolfront review

Reviewed on 22/04/2019

Pros

Scheduling is very easy and efficient. Also like the ease of making changes to customer information and the ability to merge customers

Cons

There is no industry field for HVAC on the last page of this survey even though it is specially designed software for the HVAC Industry

Response from Coolfront

Hello Michelle! We are so happy you have found scheduling very easy and efficient!

Tim S.

• Customer Support Software

The software has been a godsend for technicians in the field.

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

Keeps cost more consistent company wide and provides room for specific call details we weren't able to keep organized in the past.

Pros

I can be detail oriented when writing invoices. I can show the customer and email on the spot their actual cost and its legible.

Cons

Parts search(especially the new format) can be frustrating. More so dues to "wording" and the search engine doesn't "connect the dots" so to speak.

William T.

• Customer Support Software

Very pleased with the simplicity of the software.

Reviewed on 30/09/2017

Consistent pricing and fairness for our customers. Ease of accounting trackability. Professional image.

Pros

The versatility to adjust pricing, and customize tasks. The availablity of the add-ons such as; Quickbooks, Dropbox etc. In addition to other services offered to enhance our business.

Cons

Sometimes locating the correct and/or right repair(s) from the thousands of repairs in the data base

Jamie V.

Very Useful

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

I have been happy with Coolfront. The customer service is prompt. The software has made the paperwork end of the job much faster for our techs while in the field and time is money!

Pros

The ease of use is wonderful with Coolfront. Its very user friendly with a large database. Seeing an average of what is being charged for services from others is great.

Cons

This software would be better if you were able to search a service and then manipulate the price if you dont agree with the charge. I know you can do customs, but that is limited. Easily manipulated pricing, on the spot during a search, would be a great improvement.

Response from Coolfront

Hi Jamie! WOW, making more money and reducing paperwork - awesome!

Thanks for sharing. Stay Cool!

Kevin A.

Coolfront Review River City Heating and Air Conditiong

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Pros

Ease of use during the service call with the ability to show the customer the invoice amount before the repair is completed.

Cons

the flat rate pricing is computed at a national average and causes our cost to be above our rate.

Response from Coolfront

Hi Kevin! Glad you're loving Coolfront. Thanks for the outstanding review. Stay Cool!

Brandy K.

• Customer Support Software

The new search feature is not user friendly at all. Bring back the old search function.

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

Pros

From a business stand point I love how it has helped cashflow and has helped lower the amount that we have to write off to bad debt. Helps weed out the customers who never had any intention on paying.

Cons

The search functions are horrible. Please bring back the old search function. There is a lot of time wasted trying to search for the codes.