2,094 reviews

ClickUp

Project management, task tracking, & professional goal tools

4.7 /5 (2094 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.4
2,094 reviews
Filip I.

Flexible, Intuitive & Full of Features

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

Now that I’ve used it for almost a year, I feel very confident in its abilities. It took me a while to understand how to use all of its functionalities but it wasn’t hard, it just took time. Now I can build really useful systems with it, from client portals to even advanced relationship management and client engagement solutions. I’ve set it up so it’s useful to me and my team but the overall feeling is that it drives me to do work rather than to track time or check on tasks or look at reports. It really focusses all members to complete tasks!

Pros

I really like how it allows you to create any structure. Using spaces, folders and lists, I can segment clients in different spaces, organize projects in folders and use lists for project stages. I like how they offer many templates (I recommend every newbie to start from there) with ready functionality like agile project management or even a light CRM. I also like to use their native apps on desktop and mobile because they’re intuitive and easy to get into.

Cons

One must have some experience with productivity tools to get into the useful features. Because the system offers such a high level of flexibility, it demands an organized and streamlined implementation to get the best benefit out of the product. Although extremely easy to configure, one needs to have experience in generating reports to understand how to build the dashboard widgets optimally. A lot of time can be spent on understanding how the system works and at the beginning it feels like nothing is happening.

Andreas J.

Clickup is packed with features, but it needs some polishing

Reviewed on 31/03/2019

Clickups main strength is to give the user full control over how they want to manage their tasks and checklists, while also give the option to viw them the way they prefer it. There is a bit of a learning curve with clickup, but one you get the hang of it, clickup has the possibility of saving a lot of time (for example with recurring tasks for us).
For the productivity freaks like me, clickup is an uncut diamond that need a lot of polishing (mainly better styling in terms of visibility of featues - especially for people with bad eyesight like my girlfriend - but also in terms of using the screen space as optimally as possible). I hope that with time the styling gets updated such that new users can get the same enjoyment out of this system as we have when we applied our own styling to clickup.

Pros

I like that there is so many ways you can customize and view you tasks, which was vital for my girlfriend and i who uses clickup for managing our daily lifes together and for our jobs. The primary reason we switched to clickup was the ability to make recurring tasks, such that we could keep track of maintenace tasks in our home that doesn't have to be done every week.
Before i managed this manually for us, but now we have automated this with clickup. In combination with this we wanted to have one system to manage all over our tasks, reminders and notes, which clickup can do for us. We also wanted to be able to switch views, bacause my girldfriend wants to see tasks in a list view, where i prefer a board view, which was what the main thing that convinced my girlfriend to switch over from trello, which doesnt have this feature.

Cons

The main problem we have with clickup is the overall styling and layout of clickup. Mainly many of the colors in the app is too neutral and often just different shades of grey, which makes it hard to distinguish one thing from another.
Also the acitivity overview in each task is WAY to big, and it would be cool if this was made an optional thing to view, which was hidden at default or could be set to hidden in the settings because we rarely use it.
Lastly the individual elements on the views and for each task has way to much padding around them, which makes it such that you almost cant see any of the important (in my opinion) things on each task, whick is the checklists and the subtasks, which gets pushed out of view when you are rolled to the top of the task, especially when viewing things on a laptop. This also applies to list view, where the tags (which is also hard to read for my girlfriend with bad eyesight) could be moved out to the right instead of being underneath the task name to fill less on the screen so more can be viewed.
To try and make up for these problems, i have actually made my own styling to clickup (i am a system developer myself in my daily job) to solve many of the isues we have with it. When these things are solved, clickup becomes much more intuitive and user friendly to us.
We hope that with time the styling will improve such that we dont have to make out own styling, but in the meantime we get around these issues by this method.

Josh A.

Extremely good value for the product

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

ClickUp provides so much value for the price. I'm constantly impressed with the value that I get out of this product.

Pros

I love that ClickUp is always updating their product with helpful, relevant improvements. They are always very helpful when I reach out to customer support.

Cons

There have been a few features I've asked the help/support team and they don't exist. So I'd just love to see more progress on the features.

Vincent Y.

The best project management software created thus far!

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

So far, I've had a very good experience with ClickUp. It is similar to Monday.com - just better value overall.

Pros

As a web designer, ClickUp helps me to plan and track progress for multiple website projects that are running simultanously. It also helps me to track the hours spent by various contractors working with me on projects so I can pay them their required rates. ClickUp helps me keep everything organized and reminds me of tasks so that tasks are not forgotten.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes so far. My only fear is that as the ClickUp team adds features, it may become bloated.

Marek M.

Get the shit done in no time, finally!

Reviewed on 05/10/2020

Clickup is one of the best project management tools. It has a lot of options and integrations, looks great, is easy to navigate, intuitive, and is constantly being improved.

If it had budget management options, estimates (simply CRM), it would be the best management tool on the market.

Pros

Ease of use, clear interface, a lot of possibilities to manage. Many options even on a single card / task.

Cons

Clickup is a great management tool, but what is the full range of management, without budget oversight, valuations, cost estimation and translating tasks into valuations.

Brandon T.

Flexible Tool That Has Allowed Us to Scale Our Project Management Capabilities

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

We turned to ClickUp because we were quickly outgrowing to-do lists with Trello. We found that ClickUp could do about 90% of what the competition could, but at one fifth of the cost. ClickUp has turned out to be an important collaboration and project tracking tool for us, and we feel confident that it can grow with us into the future.

Pros

* Numerous ways to customize the software to fit your workflow.
* Great way to keep all resources needed for a project in one easy-to-access place
* Allows a number of guests, which makes it easy to share resources with clients
* LOTS of ways to view your projects and data
* Multiple ways to access each function; each user can find their own way to access needed information
* Daily work summaries
* Good communication tool
* System is smart enough to make guesses as to what you want to do--for example, if you paste multiple lines of text into a task name field, it will ask if you want to create multiple tasks

Cons

* System can be slow/laggy sometimes
* Requires a bit of setup/customization. It can be done, but adds to the learning curve.
* Needs a module to create bills/invoices from a template given tasks that are done (they say they've been working on this for a few years...)
* Takes getting used to all the features and ways to display data

Matthew S.
  • Industry: Accounting

ClickUp Review

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Excellent - I am a sole proprietor and therefore only require a single user license. ClickUp has an option when you are determining your pricing to propose a price that you would like to pay for the program. No minimum 3 user requirement like Monday.com which shows the company truly supports the start-up companies.

Pros

Importing of existing tasks from both an excel file or another cloud-based program (i.e. Monday.com) was extremely easy and the instructions were very straight-forward. This saved me significant time when I made the decision to transition from a competitor. The ClickUp iOS app is very user-friendly and sync time to the desktop is instant. Being able to customize space layouts, duplicate tasks and/or previously prepared templates, and set re-occurring tasks (which creates a new task upon completion) make it superior to other products.

Cons

At this point in time I have no areas of improvement for the program. There were some limitations with the free trial, however, this is consistent with all other program trials.

Douglas L.

Finally - We found a Task Management App that thinks like WE do

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

It's awesome, honestly. My teammate (Executive Assistant and Projects/Events Coordinator) can see my list and add/revise as needed. (I've given her that permission.) I can create tasks for her -- and it notifies me when she completes them and nags me to prompt her if she doesn't. We can have threaded conversations about a unique task - so it keeps everything tidy. (We honestly need to remember to do this more often. It would eliminate threads of emails that aren't attached to tasks!)

Pros

ClickUp updates its interface across multiple devices instantly. It looks exactly the same on the web as it does in Windows - and functions exactly the same in iPhone. It lets us do recurring tasks (with incredibly exacting control over exactly how those tasks recur). We can "email a task" to ClickUp from Outlook and finally clear out our inbox (so we don't fall into the trap of using our inbox AS our to do list - which is deadly, because one's inbox is not easy to prioritize. Who KNOWS what lies beyond the deep. With Clickup, we just go to the task, grab the unique address link for that individual task, then forward the email to the that unique address link. And it's so FAST. Nearly instantly, that email's contents and any attachments now become part of the threaded conversation (and attachments) to that task! That's EXACTLY what we would have designed if we were inventing our own task management app!! We can create a "start" date for a task. (In other words, please get this out of my sight until March 20th, 2024. On that date, start nagging me that this task needs to be completed by April 1st 2024!) Then we can forget about it for now. It's the ulimate stress-reliever. Most everything is super quick, too -- even though we have scores of tasks. The iOS app is available offline if you've viewed it. And the desktop app integrates with Outlook, they say (even though our own Outlook Exchange server hasn't given us the power to integrate outside apps, sadly). Tons more features

Cons

There's not a lot. I guess if I'm going to be picky, it feels awkward to me once my list has like... 50 or 70 items in the stack, to find the item I just added and try to move it manually around the list to some level of prioritization. Granted, I should probably only allow 10 things on my list, but ... if I have to do 70 things and they're all high priority, what am I supposed to do? There's a dropdown box upper right that supposedly lets me assign it a numerical priority, but it doesn't appear to work -- at least to me -- because I have my filters set up to keep dates in mind, I guess? Honestly, I've never made time to ask the company why it doesn't work. So even if I say I'd like the item to be number 5 in a list of 70, it still shows up after item 65. But I'm sure it's just me. It's still not a huge deal to grab the little 'handle' on that item and slide it up in priority. (I'm just glad it lets me manually assign the priority - both in the Windows app and on iphone.) Honestly, I can't think of anything else I'd change. (It's really that good.)

Janne G.
  • Industry: Accounting

ClickUp – The best project management app out there

Reviewed on 18/06/2020

Before ClickUp I used Asana for a while and before that I had a very out-of-date project management tool with a good time-tracking system but which basically required that you had your own lists of tasks somewhere else as creating them and managing due dates was a maze. So, for a long time I used outlook tasks and calendar to manage my time and to make sure I don't forget to do something vital, but there was no hierarchy and the lack of checklists and having an overall scattered system just led to mistakes.

ClickUp's Lord-of-the-Ring-ish "One App to Replace Them All" slogan was the single initial thing that caught my attention and I had to see is there any truth in that promise. And I've seen my productivity go up as I spend much less time double-checking have I done this and that and when, and it's tad much easier to organize my upcoming work and plan out my future projects.

Pros

The level of customizability that ClickUp has was exactly what I needed. Too many apps are trying to shoehorn users into a very narrow way of working and organizing the workflow. As a downside, this makes it harder to get started with ClickUp.

Another factor that I enjoy is ClickUp's hierarchy, which enables me to plan my monthly work to the tiniest of detail but still get an uncluttered bird eye's view of the major elements and their deadlines.

Forms is also a very nice addition and practical when working with customers. Automations are amazing too (though I hope version 2.0 has space-wide and global automations).

Cons

One major thing I'm still struggling with is time tracking with ClickUp. Now when I don't have employees, it's manageable and dashboards can somewhat (with multiple filtered calculations) squeeze out the information that I want, but setting it all up is laborious (and still a few months ago calculations were buggy, but that seem to have been fixed now). What I'd really like to see is an editable calendar view of the time tracked, ability to calculate overtime, etc.

Another important feature to me was the ability to set up recurring tasks in a fairly complex way. Basically, most of my customer work is cyclical and repeats more or less the same from month to month. It's not perfect as I'd like to be able to make complete lists recur so that I wouldn't lose my dependencies and while you can get close to this by saving templates, it's still a lot of manual work when you have a lot of lists and then you have to link them all to your dashboards again. I also have a good number of tasks that recur daily (due date change) but at the beginning of the month they should recur as new tasks (to reset time tracking).

As a minor wish, I'd like to be able to pin my favorite dashboards. And being able to assign dependencies, due dates and time estimates to checklist items would be a plus (I have a hierarchical way of using tasks, subtasks, and checklists based on the estimated time it takes to complete them and I really don't want to make 1-10 minute items into subtasks).

Shauna G.

My new best productivity friend

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

What's not to love? I started using ClickUp as a way to help organize and provide structure to my day. What originally drew me in was its ability to take tasks and break them down into subtasks (with checklists and notes), to turn tasks into calendar items, and to create task-level estimates that can then be tied back to time tracking (with Harvest integration!). I've since started to recommend it to everyone I know, because it's filled that need *and so much more,* without getting difficult to use.

Pros

I came for the features, I've stayed for the customer support. The ClickUp team is constantly taking (and asking for!) feedback and feature requests *and then acting on those requests.* Their request/bug site is full of requests and a very large portion of them have responses from ClickUp and have been implemented. And they have cracked the challenge of having all these features in an easy-to-use interface.

Cons

I really only have two issues:

1. The browser extension has trouble with any cookie blocking settings, and the official solution is to turn off blocking all third party cookies. That's totally not acceptable, because it defeats the purpose of the setting. There are ways to allow the extension to work without opening that gaping hole, and those solutions need to be made the "official" way and the devs need to find a way to make that not necessary to begin with.

2. The desktop application is Electron. It works, and it's kind of nice to have continuity between the web and desktop app, but I think it would unlock so much more power (and reduce its resource footprint) if they invest in making native-code applications. In this day and age, it's easier than ever to be able to do this, so while it is certainly an investment, I think it's a worthwhile one.

Cameron B.

Power and flexibility in an ever evolving production management package

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Pros

Very flexible and versatile. Tons of customization options. Love that there's so many ways to view and work with tasks with such ease. It really is a swiss army knife that can take on the heavy lifting of so many other tools so it's exciting to be able to consolidate and simplifying some of the stack. The recently added automations are a great step towards even more power. I also love that they release new features every single week so it evolves very quickly and the transparent roadmap and voting system make it easy to help shape the product.

Cons

Because there is so many features the UI can be pretty overwhelming and inconsistent. I also find it very slow and sometimes buggy despite appearing deceptively lightweight. There's some limitations when it comes to access/permissions that might be an issue for enterprise level applications. The way custom fields are handled is absolutely terrible and unwieldy so make sure you "measure twice, cut once" when setting things up.

Couldn't Live without Clickup!

Reviewed on 26/05/2020

Amazing; highly recommended (and we've tried all of the project management tools out there!)

Pros

Clickup is a lifesaver. They say you shouldn't build a product that "does everything" but these developers fly in the face of that logic and WE love it! No app before it has had the flexibility and feature-rich setup that we require, while also being intuitive and user friendly. They are continually adding improvements to an already robust system and I am so impressed with them. We love their goals feature, their extreme flexibility with how to use and view data (kanban, lists, cal, gnatt, timeline, etc.) and their overall vision for project management - we're super fans!

Cons

They can always work on reducing clicks for the user. I'd love for them to really consider priority management and how to make this easier within their system. Also, higher-level planning features within their system would be great!

Danny B.

Great project management tool for fast growing digital marketing agencies

Reviewed on 11/04/2020

Easier on-boarding, project management, reporting, team management and client communication! Each client gets access to their own "client support form" that's directly integrated to their project.

Pros

We moved from teamwork to clickup because the ease of use, flexibility, customization, reporting, tracking, and so much more...

Life has been easier since using clickup. We loved the capabilities of teamwork, but it seemed that we needed to keep adding integrations to get our work done. In comparison to monday, trello, asana, we found clickup to be the most complete tool for our needs.

We've established project templates, list templates, on-boarding, process documentation, reporting, notifications, and communication, and life got easier right out of the gate.

Support is pretty responsive during business hours, and always gets back to you during non-business hours. For the price and flexibility, you just can't beat clickup. Test all the project management systems up for yourself and you let me know if you find a better solution with the flexibility, capability and tools for the price.

Cons

Chat functionality. We were using teamwork chat and loved the stand alone chat app. We had to get slack - this has been the only con.

Leon W.
  • Industry: Design

I really want ClickUp to dominate my life.

Reviewed on 12/04/2020

I love ClickUp, and I use it daily. I've had my fair share of days in which all I'm doing is overseeing my team's progress through ClickUp, managing and organising tasks for the present and for the future so everyone can be as productive as possible. Lately, I'm attempting to bring a few clients in so they can at least keep tabs on their projects' current status and have more information about what we need from them. There are a few clear obstacles in that regard (localisation, as I mentioned, but also how strictly limiting ClickUp can be on guests and guest accounts), but I can see a future in which this will be much easier indeed.

Pros

I like how much can be done with ClickUp, how much power it gives me over how my tasks are displayed and interacted with, and generally how adaptive it is to the myriad of workflows companies may have. I like how everything can be customised and organised in very specific ways.

Cons

Most glaringly, the lack of localisation makes it harder not only for colleagues but also for clients to be involved. In the same light, the lack of a localised pricing policy also has me a hostage of political-economical fluctuations and often makes the software price skyrocket. The team has often offered me discounts, however, which made for a better experience overall, but it would be interesting to see fixed prices that are more in line with the specific reality of my country.

Matthew D.
  • Industry: Program Development

One App to Replace them All - Regular Updates from user feedback Have me Hooked!

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

I have become a champion of this product to others. I never knew how hyped up I could be about a task manager but Clickup showed me. I dont invest in places, but I could see myself investing in Clickup.

Pros

Where to begin, this is the most feature packed tool I have seen in this space. What is amazing though at the same time is how by only using a few features can work while still being clean.

I love the extensability within a team at varying levels of digital literacy. I can onboard people in about 30 minutes for everything they need to do, create onboarding templates, and go as deep personally as dependencies. It connects to apps that I use.

Cons

The Zapier app integration is pretty hard to work with and use, but that also may be that I have not used it too much.

Josh W.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The One Stop Shop for Productivity

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

In my opinion, this is the best productivity system that exists right now. Nearly every time that I find a gap or need, it seems that their next update covers it. Actively developed, I'm shocked by the number of new features that come out every few weeks.

I've personally recommended this system to everyone that is struggling with managing their lives in a central place. Everyone that has used it loves it.

Pros

1. The ability to see multiple views of your work depending on context (IE, I stick in calendar view, but use lists to figure out tasks that I've left behind).

2. Their calendar view is just absolutely amazing. The UX is very well thought out, and each time that I thought "man, I wish it did this", I would find the option hidden in the settings.

3. The ability to create and maintain documents and attach them to tasks is exactly what I've always wanted. I do a lot of meetings, so being able to easily attach meeting notes to the task and have them cross referenced is exactly the reason I downloaded this in the first place.

4. The "/" commands with tasks and documents really streamlined note taking and task setup.

Cons

Only two things:

1. Because it has so much to offer, the ux can be clunky. For instance, adding start dates and due dates to tasks takes me 30s and I haven't found a good way to cut that down yet.

2. System performance. There have been a few times when I'm doing quite a bit and the system starts locking and I need to reload.

3. Android usability and performance. Again, same as the two points above, but it takes quite a bit to add multiple tasks through android. I use this for grocery shopping for instance, and on average it can take about 10s per task to add.

To be fair, I think this is the trade off of having a system that does everything.

Sam M.
  • Industry: Program Development

Great software that can be used for nearly any segment

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

Overall, I've tried a majority of the project management tools in the marketplace. I've used both start up and enterprise level platforms and Clickup is a great tool that bridges both sides. Outside of reporting, it has done nearly everything I've wanted. It has tracked my general to-do list, as well as mapping out larger projects. The tool overall is robust and has done most of the things I have wanted. Clickup is also taking a lot of feedback, iterating on their tool, and rolling out features at a breakneck pace to round out the offerings, which for me has been awesome.

Pros

The ability to use a list, a board, and so on has made it a lot easier to segment areas of the tool to make sure it can conform. For example, using two different lists, you may have one area that uses waterfall as it's default way of doing work, but you can also have another list that is using a Kanban board with their own specific statuses. With those areas all being potentially different, having it rollup to an "Everything" view gives great visibility.

Cons

The custom fields were recently released, but it was a fairly limited release. Although it is currently being worked on so it's more functionality and robust, that has been one of the least favorite features released recently. The other aspect has been the reports. They are a bit confusing to build for a respective dashboard. I'm a data geek and love to see how things look from a high level and it can be difficult to make a report that does that.

Patrick H.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

So many options and features!

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

My goal with ClickUp was to have a better way to keep track of my various consulting projects that consist of different milestones and due dates etc. It has helped me do that as well as keeping better track of the projects in general, since I can attach files and checklists to the tasks.

Pros

I am a big fan of integrations and connecting various software together, and ClickUp has a solid amount of really useful add-ons. The internal connections are great as well, such as being able to link tasks together and set dependencies. I like that there is a lot of flexibility in what to include on a given task, and various ways to see the task list such as cards and timeline views. I find that whenever I think "I wish ClickUp could do this" a little poking around shows that it can in fact do what I wanted, so it's really well thought-out and comprehensive to meet most needs.

Cons

I do wish it was a little easier to get around the software; for example, I have a few different "Spaces" set up and I don't often switch between them, so when I do I have to fumble around a bit before I figure out where to go to make the switch. Having so many features and options is a blessing and a curse - though I like the options available, sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed. I often think that I need to go through some more tutorials and re-configure my spaces to be more optimal, but have yet to do so.

Dan B.

Clickup is a gamechanger!

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

I tried quite a few products for task management and have never been totally satisfied with them. Trello was great for public boards, but it was too simple for my business. Meistertask was ok, but not great. We even tried Notion, which is great for note-taking, but not so great for Task Management. I tried Clickup and I'm not going to try anything else. It's the best of all worlds, and they recently allowed for public task sharing, which was the only benefit Trello previously had over Clickup.

Because I always have Clickup open for Task management, I find myself using some of its other features all of the time like screen recording and screenshots. Overall, it's made my workflow better and my employee agrees.

Pros

I love that a lot of software today integrates well with other software, but sometimes it's nice to have everything all in one tool. While Clickup does integrate with tools, the reason I like it is because it's convenient to have everything I really need at my fingertips, while at the same time being easy to use. Even though the tools they offer aren't "new", they just make existing tools more convenient. I never used to do screen recordings and take cropped screenshots of my screen often, but now I do it all the time. I feel like as a busy entrepreneur, Click just understands me and what I need to succeed.

One other thing that I appreciate about Clickup is they are constantly updating. Every week it seems like they have something new. As a developer myself, I can appreciate how well organized and talented their development team must be.

Cons

With anything there is room for improvement. I think Clickup's time tracking could improve. It works fine, but I personally like using Toggl for this. I can't really put my finger on why... it could be because I started with Toggl, but I think the reporting and ease-of-use of Toggl isn't quite there yet in Clickup.

A couple other minor things: I wish that I could filter by task # when doing task management. It's possible I simply can't find this functionality, but for example when I integrate with Toggl or Github it would be nice to easily find that task in Clickup.

Alexandre L.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Best Online Tasks/Small Project Manager

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

Tracking all of my projects and tasks is really usefull and the visuals are also great. You all did a great job building a great product, congrats!

Pros

It's really easy to use qith a lot of functionnality. The fact that we can customize every list seperatly is awsome.

Cons

Time tracking need some work (using the chrome extension). I would like to use the custom fields but that is the only premium feature I find useful so it's too expensive for me, I can't justify the price point for just that feature.

Some times hard to follow when you have multiple project running at the same time. Would like to have a filter with due date of all the projects mixed together instead of having to go over every project and see if something is due. I also find the notifications innefective.

Also missing a time analysis of tasks. For exemple, I would like to see a graph of the time it takes me to design things and how that process evolves with time (am I getting better?). It could be tracking of tasks with a certain tag.

Rick P.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Innovative project/task management software with plenty of power, even in the free tier

Reviewed on 17/08/2019

I'm impressed overall although I'm not sure I'm going to switch from Todoist. Having task dependencies is pretty tempting though. Definitely anyone looking for a task/project management for teams should look very closely at Clickup. If any of your team has aging eyes, however, trust me they're going to protest.

Pros

I have to say I'm impressed with so much power being offered for small teams for free: Things like email notifications, a slick Android/iOS app, dependencies for tasks (almost never free), file attachments for tasks (ditto), integrations (Todoist and Slack are the two I checked out), generous allocation of projects.

This is a thoughtfully designed app for teams with enterprise-level features for everyone.

At first it might seem like a negative that time tracking isn't native to the app but since so many adopters are probably already using a dedicated TT app, the tight-enough integration with third-party apps like Toggl is a good idea. Plus Clickup has a Chrome extension. See below for caveats.

I also liked being able to minimize tasks to the bottom of the screen.

Other members of the the team, such as managers, can watch tasks without those tasks being assigned to them. This is unique to Clickup, I believe.

Cons

The tagline for the app is One app to replace them all and the strain of accomplishing that shows in the webapp's complex UI. Don't get me wrong, the devs have done an impressive job with basic onboarding, in general, and with cramming so many features on-screen. However there were times I either felt lost or wondered about the various spaces and panes that weren't being used. I kept finding features that

But the worst thing about the UI is the text size and the too-light accent colors. Too many UI elements were in the lightest gray imaginable that could still be perceived. Not at all optimal. Some more themes would be appreciated. I can't see being happy using the app every day because of this. Also, a tiny tiny little flag that indicates a high priority task is kind of a joke. Maybe lightly shade the whole task?

The Android app , on the other hand, is better if not ideal. I'm not used to different type sizes within a pane.

I disabled the Chrome extension because when it was installed it kept crashing my other extensions and its massive CPU grab led to my having to Powerwash my Chromebook.

Hannah K.

A full-featured solution for all your team's project management needs

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

By allowing our whole team (from marketing and sales to design and development) to manage their projects from one place, ClickUp makes it easy to collaborate across teams and gives everyone visibility on what's going on across the whole company. It has become the "single source of truth" for the team and effectively eliminated the need for using various redundant product management tools.

Pros

I love that it has pretty much all the features that any kind of a team might need, and as such, it can be the one product that the whole team can agree on using. Prior to using ClickUp, our team used Jira, Trello, and a number of other tools for managing products/projects within different areas, which created siloes of information that prevented the team from collaborating efficiently and effectively. Other project management tools that we explored (Asana, Monday.com, Basecamp, and Airtable being some of them) generally faced opposition from our development team because they didn't seamlessly integrate with Bitbucket/Github and lacked detailed features that'd allow them to accommodate it to agile/scrum flows. While these other tools may have offered a simpler, more streamlined experience, what our team was looking for was customizability (without sacrificing on usability) and ClickUp was the perfect balance between the two.
We also love how customer-centric ClickUp is (as you can see from their awesome feature requests page (https://feedback.clickup.com/feature-requests) and how they're so focused on continuously launching new value-add products that their customers really want and need. I'd definitely recommend the tool for startups that are trying to reduce information silos and promote collaboration between teams.

Cons

The complexity of navigating through all its features, which inevitably comes as a byproduct of the breadth of the product's features (which I actually consider to be one of its biggest advantages).
Although I personally find the product quite easy to use, I've heard the feedback from various team members that they find it difficult to understand how to use all the features and that they find it a bit overwhelming at times. There will definitely be a learning curve for some, but it helps for the leadership team (or the team that is implementing it) to first define how the tool should be used and help the rest of the team get onboarded on this recommended way of using it.

James P.

Robust, fully customizable project management tool

Reviewed on 01/04/2019

My overall experience has been fantastic. ClickUp has been a great tool that did exactly the things that I wanted.

I want to view each project by it's Kanban Board, but then view each day's tasks in a list. ClickUp does that. I have totally different status flows for Marketing Projects than I do for Design Projects, and another totally different status flow for Print Production. ClickUp let's me set project specific Statuses - so my marketing project can be "Running" and my print project can be "At Printers". This is HUGE in my world.

I want to assign Priorities within a project. Done - Priority Flags are native in the free version. I want to make a checklist that repeats on every marketing campaign, so that we have a QC checklist before we hit go on any campaign. And I want to save that checklist so I don't have to retype it on every project. Done - Checklist templates are native in the free version. I want to have nested tasks that have to be completed before other tasks can be cleared, and I want to see what subtasks are blocking projects. Done - task dependencies are native in the free version. I hope by now you're noticing a pattern here.

If you're at all unhappy with your current Project Management Software, try ClickUp. It probably fixes the exact thing that you don't like about your current software.

Pros

My Quick Rundown of Pros
- Very Robust System. Has tons of functionality
- Fully Customizable. With a bit of tweaking it becomes your own custom project management software.
- Great Customer Service. Very responsive with tons of help to get everything customized just for you.
- Keep Adding New Features. What was already a robust system keeps getting new tools and features.
- High Quality Free Version. They don't skimp on features for the free version. Most everything is included.

The ClickUp Team basically took all of the things I hate about other project management tools and fixed them. Some tools only allow Done/Not Done. Some are only Board Views. Some are only Task Views. Some don't have a chat feature. Some don't let you make your own categories. On and on it goes. ClickUp does everything. Literally everything. And it's all customizable. Everything can be tuned to exactly the way I need it.

If you like board views, you can have board views. If you like list views you can have list views. If you want a project status called "Waiting for Margaret's OK" you can do that. You can set ClickUp to fit your exact, custom needs. It's really incredible. The ability to customize everything to exactly what you need makes all of its robust tools actually work for your specific situation.

Cons

The best thing about ClickUp, full customization, is also it's Achilles Heel. There is a lot of stuff to customize and set up in order to get the software really running optimally. You can do just a simple Done/Not Done set up, but that seems like kind of a waste considering the options you have available.

All that set up takes time and a lot of tweaking and adjusting even after everything is set up.

Keri A.

It's never Monday with ClickUp - It always feels like a fantastic Friday!

Reviewed on 20/03/2019

Again, I can't tell you enough how pleased I am with ClickUp! As mentioned in my cons (which really weren't cons), I mention thoughtfully setting up your CU instance. Well... I didn't take my advice and thoroughly messed up my account. I contacted the CU service chat option and was helped by a literal expert CU employee. Not only did he unravel my stuff, he gave me some great tips and found out that he's one of the "teachers" on the CU YouTube videos that I love so much. This was great news because like most, I've has less than stellar support via chat. Not with ClickUp - everything they do is top notch.

I love using ClickUp for work, so I thought I'd create a space for my side-hustles and even another space for my household calendar and projects. Three months later and I've kept up with those spaces and even added my husband as a user! While he doesn't use all of the options, I have connected his Google calendar to our household projects and it's made so much difference! We even have our bills and budget stuff in CU. I'm sold on CU professionally and personally, so much so that you'd think I worked for ClickUp in sales. :)

This is a solid system - don't wait, dump your other PM applications and sign up with ClickUp!

Pros

I've been a user of almost every project mgmt system available. While all have their benefits, I found myself using at least three platforms for PM. They were, Monday.com, Trello, ZenDesk and we'd pepper in communication with Slack. Monday.com was our primary system and it lacked so much in the way of customizing my boards, columns and data associated. Additionally, I never felt like I had a place where all of my project items lived. With ClickUp, I have it all - including adding goals and associating tasks to them. On a regular basis the CU team releases new and exciting features. The cost is so minimal. I am in love with ClickUp!

Cons

I really don't have any cons to list. The only thing I can mention is that you USE the help documentation and even better are the YouTube videos on the CU channel. Because the application is SO ROBUST, it can take some focused time when setting up your instance of CU. The key is to understanding the hierarchy of teams, spaces, projects, lists/task, etc. Once you have that down, you can really dig in with custom fields, colors, goals and more. I recommend that you spend the first week setting up CU in small "time chunks", also, start with a pre-made template, play around, see the output and then work backwards to customize for your company. Also, you've got to indoctrinate your users with training and the benefits (time saving, $ producing, better systems, etc), or like any system, it will just be an expense and yet one more application that isn't being optimized. Have at least one CU champion on your team so that they can be a resource for the others.

Rob M.

Best overall software I have purchased in a long long time!

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

We used Asana for years and was like pulling teeth to get users to adopt it, no one ever truly follows through on things and it became garbage in garbage out. With click up staff is asking hey just put it in click up and I will take care of it, the fewer emails the better IMHO

Pros

It allows me to run my day, as well as my team's workload. I use the dashboard to have a 10K view of our organization and keep that on a separate monitor to temperature check throughout the day. We have collapsed some of our SAS subscriptions as we can do it better in ClickUp.

Love that most new features are community voted on it allows them to design to the users and not some visionary that has never really touched the software

Cons

Both the web app and iOS app can be a little sluggish at times and not render your views correctly, so it takes either another refresh or clear your cache to fix it. I believe though it is on the road map as an issue right now.

I find the notifications difficult to navigate and set up and would like to see better documentation on that feature.