2,150 reviews

ClickUp

Project management, task tracking, & professional goal tools

4.7 /5 (2150 reviews) Write a Review!

2,150 reviews
Stephen brent M.

Almost everything we need

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

Overall, we have been extremely happy with ClickUp and keep discovering new uses and applications for the software. We have shared the news with clients and gotten them to start using it too.

Pros

When looking at project management and collaboration software, it's almost a commodity with the same functionality, feature sets, etc. When exploring ClickUp, the thing that stood out the most was the user-friendly design, ease of customization, and the frequent feature release cycle. New features are released weekly, but it never feels overwhelming. If it's not something we would use, we ignore it, but if it's something that makes our lives easier, we start utilizing it.

Cons

I wish there was a way to track time without doing it by each individual task. For example, we set up a Space for each client and I'd love to track time based on the client as opposed to each task for the client. I'd also like to limit functionality for users without switching to the Enterprise plane. Currently all users can change due dates but we'd like to limit that ability. As a 5-person team, it doesn't make sense to pay enterprise pricing.

Cherry C.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

I switched to ClickUp and Never Looked Back

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

I explored so many tools related to Project Management and my team's task monitoring for years. But, it felt incomplete. There are features that other platforms has but was never rolled into one. When I came across ClickUp, i tried its free account. I fell in love immediately. It did not take me long to avail the paid account. I was surprised it did not stop there. They have been continuously evolving. All new features came from feedback they get from their customers. So, yes - i love that they listen to customers. And all features they deploy are adding value. Sorry if its all praises, ClickUp never paid me to do this *i swear*. I pay for their product and i'm soooo satisfied. Happy customer here.

Pros

It continuously evolving. It never stopped progressing and all those that they have been adding are all added value. I'm truly amazed how this tool have been helping me track all projects and initiatives we have been handling the past year. It made it easy for me to check in with my team and track down our progress on each individual tasks. This tool gives us strong collaboration and connection especially now that we are all working from home.

Cons

I super love this product but if there's anything i love the least is i hope they improve gantt / timeline view further as well as the Form view.

Len M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

truely, one app to replace them all

Reviewed on 08/08/2020

we needed an application that would help us manage several diverse projects in parallel, with as minimal overhead as possible while still being able to keep us on track. Ease of use and adoption was important for us also as a small company we cannot afford much downtime to train.

we've developed several web/mobile apps ourselves and we must give kudos to the ClickUp team for an excellent job with their product. We are looking for to using it even more over the coming year.

Pros

excellent featureset ! we are able to move from one view to another seamlessly which has been great in helping manage our (too) many projects. The tool is very flexible / configurable as well. We've used many task/to-do/project management apps over the past decade and this ClickUp is definitely the most comprehensive and flexible we've used.

Their tagline, "One app to replace them all." i thought a bit boastful...until we used it for a few week. They have earned the tagline...several times over...

Also - we are still using the free version. Have not found it necessary to upgrade (yet).

Cons

minor..a few more videos on how best practices/how to use would be appreciated. Also - would love to be able to easily annotate / leave notes with pen input...though that may prove impractical.

James W.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Don’t bother with alternatives

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Wouldn’t work without it. It’s made everything in our business organised from development tasks to marketing everything is neatly compartmentalised and we know what needs to be done by who and when with as much detail, from high level to granular, as we want.

Pros

We used Monday for about 6-8 weeks and after paying a really high price, realised that they arbitrarily stopped us from having the use of certain features so I went on the hunt to find something else and I found ClickUp which ticked all the boxes and boxes we didn’t even know needed tucking.
It’s free up to a point so if you’re small, they help you to a point of being able to afford them which is just great and a stark contrast to Monday.
I’ve become a bit of an evangelist for ClickUp because their software has been so incredibly useful to us and we still haven’t given them a penny (but we’re due to soon and happy to).

Cons

There’s so much functionality that it takes a little getting used to but it’s worth it and for the level of functionality it has, it’s as easy to use as it could be.
The 2.0 version also has a few bugs but nothing critical and they roll out regular improvements.

Daniel U.

Efficient Projectmanagement Tool

Reviewed on 11/04/2020

I was using Gqueues, Checkvist, Targetprocess in paid versions before and they are good in the scope they are managing, but clickup integrates it all in one interface and works well between desktop and mobile. its consistent and easy to use and simple lists as a starting point. Targetprocess is more powerful in terms of kanban boards but also very complicated and less feedback for collaboration. using states and other features i am hardly using boards in clickup and i am very productive, but clickup is working to improve boards at some point. as it is the same database behind you can manage your projects in different views and pick the one which fits best in that situation. checkvist and gqueues are good tools but limited in scope and get into trouble if you manage bigger projects and get inefficient. clickup can be used to manage projects for business and private tasks seamlessly, so you can have your own personal list of all projects sorted by duedate and priority and workflow state, and still have restricted views in projects and lists with clients where they can only see a part of your clickup data. even your timesheet can be set personal, so that the client does not see the raw numbers. most features feel intutitive and fit my way of working. it helps me be more productive. also the chromeplugins lets you add bookmarks of pages easily so it also replaced my old bookmark solution, and now i can can schedule my "read later" and turn bookmarks into reasearch.

Pros

All your tasks are in one place and you can start as simple as one list and then structure them in bigger folders and projects. It is easy to share lists with clients to share progress and enable feedback and collaboration. Using dates on tasks you can have a daily list of todos over all your projects and never get lost in what is high priority. The tool is very flexible and you can define your own states and workflows and make it simple or complex.

Cons

It is still new software compared to other project management tools on the market, so some features are missing or not so smooth, but clickup is constantly developing and improving the user interface and adds useful features.

Jorge F.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Great software, endless possibilities.

Reviewed on 11/04/2020

I have obtained very good results using the SCRUM approach, since there are different ways to organize and achieve an elegant and simple process.

Anyone, dedicating no more than 2 hours, can understand and use ClickUp in their business or their daily life.

Pros

One of the main characteristics of this software is its EASE OF USE, it allows you to focus on what is really important without neglecting the correct use of a methodology.

Due to the above, the integration with our business model is excellent. In addition to having a series of functionalities that intelligently address the different processes that take place in any company, for example:

- Control of the flow of development of various tasks by states.
- Goals & Portfolios
- Easy communication and reference to certain people on the team from any part of the application.

Cons

I am using the desktop version, and I have experienced:

- Small performance issues, when I switch between different views, even if I have been there before, I suppose a caching strategy is being used but I think it could be revised/improved.

- Real time is another of the main characteristics, but sometimes, the Goals view does not update when your objective tasks change state, regardless of the time, sometimes it is necessary to go to another view and then return.

Ace E.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

An Architect's ClickUp Review

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

Been beautiful times. I like push my software to perform as well as I do. I constantly question what the best way to use a tool is given the context surrounding it and the work. This platform is built to feel so flexible and powerful that my performance obsession is very satisfied.

Pros

The impact this software has had and might have was apparent immediately. The levels of customization will be intimidating to Type B personalities and the inflexible. Gauge how much of that you're working with prior to going in. As a person trying to manage complex, phases projects, the ability to tag and customize almost everything I see in this app is beautiful. Loving their constant updates and feature release. Always a sign I made the right choice on the app when it feels like developers care because the people care.

Cons

A lot of the complaints I have are already on their own internal to-do list. Things like resource planning are rolling out. The gantt chart feature isn't as flexible as the one in Asana. With every task taking up it's own, entire row on the gantt chart, I can't actually see the large amount of tasks and events I was used to in that app in a gantt view.

Bakari C.
  • Industry: Media Production

Addresses Nearly All My Task Management Issues

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

My experience with ClickUp has been very positive. I was able to import most my tasks in Todoist, the previous test manager I used, into ClickUp, and then clean up and organize those tasks where needed. ClickUp has a very attentive support staff that answers questions within 24 hours. So far I haven’t had any technical problems with ClickUp.

Pros

For years I struggled with task managers that only provided a linear view of tasks, with typically no calendar integration. I used several different test managers, but only when I stumbled upon ClickUp have I found nearly all the features I need for creating and organizing my tasks and projects. ClickUp contain a boatload of powerful features for viewing tasks in board, calendar, and this views. I like how I can create templates for the various ways I organize my tasks, and the application is equally great for enabling users to favor and pin selected lists and views for easier access. Furthermore, nearly each week ClickUp releases new updates for features that I never thought I would need. ClickUp is essentially my digital brain for the recurring tasks and projects that I need to get down on a daily and weekly basis. I get access to tons of features for only $60 a year. I think the price is reasonable and affordable.

Cons

The one important feature missing in ClickUp is that it for some reason doesn’t include reminders feature. I would like to be able to tag a reminder the triggers before a task is due. Though it’s great that ClickUp for start and end dates, that is as useful as setting reminders, which can be done in other task managers.

Julian S.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Packed with features to assist productivity

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

I've tried a number of other systems for productivity: typically for more than a year. However, for its flexibility of configuration, it is hands-down the most useful tool I have found for assisting my productivity and holding all the different tasks I have to do in one place and in a "sensible" order.

Pros

The Inbox and Next features, whilst a common look at a TODO list, are extremely well crafted and executed. However, complementing this functionality is the holistic approach to organising life: with spaces, and grouping of lists into folders - it's flexibility is what makes it one of the best TODO list management software's that I have ever used (and I have tried extensively a number of the key competitors). The ability to view tasks in different ways (e.g., calendars, Gantt charts, Kanban boards, etc.) makes it easy to organise projects and tasks in any way that facilitates you to be productive. Finally, the flexibility of being able to add any metadata to task in a flexible manner is really useful to facilitate having a single point of contact.

Cons

It takes quite a bit to set up, though this isn't hugely more than other productivity systems. In some ways it's flexibility can leave you challenged as to whether "you" have used it in the best manner to assist your productivity.

Katherine M.

• Customer Support Software

Game changer for work organization

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

I use ClickUp daily for my work as a Product Manager of a software company. I keep track of everything to manage product development, like my own UX and Product tasks and coordinating upcoming releases with extensive checklists. I even started setting it up to manage the product backlog with a connected form so users can submit feedback and using Docs to plan future product features and brainstorm ideas.

I also set up ClickUp access for my boyfriend to manage his small business, keeping track of his schedule and tasks, what customers need to be billed, and business development planning.

I feel like I've finally got my work organized and a system built on the product that helps me stay efficient. I plan to use it for new businesses I'm hoping to start too, and recommend it to other businesses as a consultant. So I've used ClickUp extensively for different purposes and can't say enough good things about it.

Pros

I most like that the product is so easy to use, very clean looking, and can be highly customized. Being able to set up different views and select settings that work best for me (multi-sort order and custom statuses per list are just two examples) allow me to continue adapting ClickUp to my most efficient setup. Checklists and checklist templates have also been extremely useful!

I love is the regular Friday releases, as I look forward to seeing new features offered and have confidence the product will keep improving, so really appreciate the fast development cycles.

Cons

The UI with opening tasks in a modal and having to go back afterwards can sometimes make things feel a little slow. Version 2.0 has greatly improved performance, so I feel this is fast enough to not be an issue, but a split screen view for tasks (from a board or list) would go a long way in making me feel I can jump around and make edits to items quickly.

Aside from that, I wish it had a calendar that didn't require tasks to help manage my team's schedule, and some features to make linking to other records easier (like AirTable), which would allow me to drop other tools and consolidate even more of my work within ClickUp.

Mortada A.

• Customer Support Software

A modern and very user friendly project management web app

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

We do our software development management through ClickUp. We use mostly Scrum, and it works very well within ClickUp.

Pros

Having tried dozens of other project management options like Jira (both the hosted as well as the server editions), Asana, Breeze, Trello, Todoist and many more, ClickUp finally ended our search for an application which is easy enough to use, but also is flexible and powerful enough to customize to our needs.

Things which really work well in ClickUp:
- Ability to share tasks/lists/dashboards/docs with people outside your organization
- Statuses actually are easy to set up and use (coming from the Jira hell...)
- Custom fields are very powerful and work extremely well
- Many user interaction details like always setting the mouse pointer at the right place after a load or an enter, many keyboard shortcuts, customizable views at user level etc.
- Easy and logical hierarchy to set up your project(s)
- Many tutorial video's and frequent webinars to get used to the application functionalities

Cons

- The mobile app is very lacking in features
- Considering the claim of "world class support", i find both the speed of response (I have a Business plan, the most expensive plan besides the unpriced Enterprise plan) and the quality of the responses very disappointing.
- No automation yet (this is being developed according to the ClickUp Roadmap)
- Dashboard data can only be shared with members who can view the tasks being reported on in the dashboards. This limits the benefit of sharing dashboards with customers greatly.

Fred G.

• Customer Support Software

A real boon for our planning and implementing activities

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

The real advantage for us has been the ability to keep track of what others are doing as well as individually having these reminders. What we still need to develop is our goal setting and tracking, something we plan to do as we plan for the next year.

Pros

We had been searching for a good planning and tasking software for some time now that can be used online. We have really appreciated being able to break down the tasks on different levels, of projects and lists. It keeps us on task with email reminders and we are able to supplement our communication with one another. We have really appreciated the repeating tasks. The basic setup and use is quite simple and easy to learn, yet there is a real depth of options as activities become more complex.

Cons

There is not much we don't like. Sometimes there are changes with newer versions, and features we had been using are gone or done differently. That is not unique to ClickUp, but it can still be slightly disruptive.

Matthew N.

• Customer Support Software

Finally a project management tool that is easy to customize and use

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

Very positive. They have good promos that will let you get started with a 'permanent' discount. Their customer support is superb and overall I feel confident that their future roadmap will help them improve ClickUp even more.

Pros

The suite of features offered make it easy to tailor ClickUp to your on requirements. As a solo contractor I do not work in large teams, but still need a power project management tool to help me in my daily acitivities. ClickUp does this while keeping the price realistic and attractive for single users. Their new 2.0 version has improved the UI significantly and in combination with their integrations I am able to automate a lot of work saving me a bunch of time.

Cons

The number of features can seem overwhelming sometimes, especially when setting up your workspace for the first time. I would like to see their Google Chrome plugin also in the mobile Gmail app so that I can create tasks on the go. Mobile integration is poor forcing you to swith between apps to create tasks.

Eva W.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great app for staying on top of my workdays, tasks and projects

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

Clickup has become the easiest way for me to organize my tasks per week because I can easily customize the lists-features to my needs. The best thing is that I can move all items around between lists per drag and drop (I created two lists, each with the five working days of the week: "Week A" and "Week B", because this is the best way for me). I can also plan out whole projects aside from my weekly schedule or combine the two. All lists appear in a neat sidebar. This way I can focus completely on the tasks for each day without having to look a the whole week. To distingish between jobs, I just tag them with different names and colors. And if a task is completed, I can check it "done" and it's gone. I really get stuff done now without getting stressed out anymore by constantly seeing my whole workload in front of me. Thank you, Clickup team!

Pros

I really like organizing my jobs and tasks with Clickup (free version) because it's a both simple and highly customizable app. As a freelance journalist I often have to switch a lot between many jobs and clients. If I don't stay organized, I can easily miss tasks – with Clickup I can really stay on top of it and quickly change my plan day to day if something unexpected comes up. I mostly work alone, which is why a lot of other project management apps (which are mostly designed for teams) aren't right for me. Clickup allows me to do both. The software works nicely both on my desktop and my smartphone. I can create tasks and organize them in individual lists, tag them and create subtasks. I can also add due dates or estimated times to each task if I need to, so I can plan both my to dos for the week and my (realistic) workload for the day.

Cons

I wouldn't change anything major, but like any great app Clickup's still missing some features :-) First and foremost I'd love a german version of Clickup. A real inbox to organize email and create tasks from it directly in Clickup would also come in handy (via IMAP and for any email provider, since I don't have either Outlook nor Google Mail). I would also like to rename the default (required) statuses and disable the "undo" popup in the left bottom corner, because it's really annoying when I remove a lot of tasks at once (they overlap my lists so that I can't use them until the popups disappear after a while). And last but not least: Some tasks are "in progress" for a long time but still far from "done". For example I sometimes work on just one text for many hours and I can't add any subtasks to that task. So I'd love to have a progess bar or circle to manually add the percentage I've already accomplished in each task (like in 10 % steps or so). This would greatly increase my motivation :-)

Luis T.

Highly Versatile for Personal Use and Teams

Reviewed on 14/04/2019

ClickUp is the only free application that is powerful enough to work primarily as my personal productivity system. I use it to track my daily routines and remember to complete tasks by certain dates. Moreover, I've found it incredibly useful to outline processes and systems through subtasks and checklists, to help me create each blog post. Consequently, it is very simple for me to go through my checklists which probably saves my time and mental energy.

Furthermore, it acts well as a huge database of things I need to do.

Pros

Due to a rich collection of features, ClickUp is very flexible thus a great app for the personal productivity system of a power user: I think it is best suited as an all-in-one place to put task items and have them organised. For instance, you can view tasks in a board, calendar, or list and view different scopes at different levels of task organisation. Also, custom fields allow further customisation of tasks, with templates to preserve ideal skeletons of tasks.

Moreover, navigation is easy with various search functions and their respective hotkeys. The notepad (in the app and the browser extension) is great for remembering ideas and converting them into tasks later, since it saves a lot of time.

Having apps on multiple platforms makes it convenient to use, alongside an abundance of integration opportunities (namely Google Calendar and PomoDoneApp, which is especially powerful when using tools such as Zapier.

Official documentation, as well as a place to request features, are useful, too.

Cons

While certain features can be enabled/disabled between different "spaces", the vast number of features and controls can be, to some extent, intimidating and overwhelming. For this reason, it is a good idea to spend some time getting to know the software and how to use it.

For example, I've found the recurring tasks to be quite confusing due to the sheer number of options—even for a simple daily recurring task. As a result, I've had to document when to use each setting for myself. With that said, I would like to see recurring tasks become even more intelligent by having recurrences depend on the "type" of day as well as the ability to suspend recurring tasks. This could be useful for a student with schooldays and non-schooldays, for example.

Additionally, the notepad browser extension is unnecessarily floating above each webpage, so it would be better if it could be accessed solely by the extension button in the browser toolbar.

Cherry W.
  • Industry: Photography

For artists and small business owners, best of my top 5

Reviewed on 25/03/2019

I hope they will keep on making it better, I want to see this app thrive, and as my business grow, I am interested to join more advanced plan.

Pros

I tried Monday, Quora, Trello, and Asana, I was going to paid for Asana and I asked a few photogrpaher friends. Someone suggested ClickUp. The name sounds too basic for me I thought, but then I realised it’s very similar to Asana, but easier to see everything. For someone who is dyslexic and easily get lost in a sea of words, Clickup’s layout helps me to keep multiple projects organised.

My challenge of finding the right organisational app is that I am doing the sales and marketing, social media, providing the service and getting the money from clients. I need an app that allows me see different layers of project and be able to put them into calendar EASILY. It will list out tasks that don’t have a due date yet.

You can put the starting date, due date and estimated time.

What I need most is goal setting, it has multi style goals you can set. This is a paid service on Asana.

This app although has some minor problems, but it’s just mild inconveniences. I love how they sneakily look at other apps and what they are doing right and what they are lacking. I feel like other apps are just shutting their eyes and designing something that they love.

This app is simple to use, as an artist and a small business owner, this app helps me to feel in control of a mountain of minor tasks.

Cons

Calendar is my least impressed function. It’s so difficult to create a block of time and assign a task to the time. There are so many buttons to click and you need to press “done” after inputting the date or time value, if you forget, which you will, because no other calendars work that way, you will mess up the start and back due date, then you will have to start doing it all over again. I stop using this task to calendar function because of how clumsy it is. I wish it can be more like google calendar. Drag a block of time, you can shorten it or lengthen it. Yes, on ClickUp, if you wish to change the time you have set you need to do the clumsy process all over again. It wastes so much time.

I love the start and due dates value, but I would also love the actual working date/time value.
Because the prospect may contact me on 2019/03/23 at 12:00 and the project must finish (due date) by 2019/04/22 at 13:00; I may actually just work On:
2019/03/28 13:00-18:00 photo shoot
2019/03/29 11:00-14:00 editing
2019/04/12 15:00-18:00 final edit
I wish there is a time log.

You can see your tasks on google calendar, but you won’t see your google calendar events on Clickup’s calendar.

Sometimes the buttons are not that responsive, I have to click a few times for the radius button to be clicked on the check list.

Which checklist and to do list look similar but they each has a different set of function, I wish they just combined them.

Michael M.

• Customer Support Software

Bringing order to the chaos in my brain

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

I love this software. I have accomplished so many complex projects because of it. It gives me great piece of mind as well.

The customer service is amazing. Very prompt and on top of things.

The constant new innovations and features are always wonderful surprises and very helpful

Pros

I love the different views and the ability to organize all my work in a way that helps me to execute

Cons

I wish there was the ability to search for a task in Zapier and use custom field data in Zapier

Andrei B.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Gamechanger

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

For us, it was a gamechanger. We went from using three different apps to only one, as we imported all our SOPs, tasks, and chats into Clickup. We love the app, and we have recommended it to all our friends and business partners.
We can't see ourselves working without this!

Pros

- user friendly
- complex tasks options and monitoring
- the automation features
- the fact that we can integrate our SOPs, Chat, and Task Management apps in the same app.

Cons

- some features are not working sometimes on the mobile app, but they are always working on it and improving

Jeff S.

Moved from Asana to ClickUp

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

We love ClickUp and find it a great tool for managing all of our projects. Now we can see what is going on with everyone, in one view, but then dig into the projects themselves (individually) and see the child tasks there.

Pros

We moved to Clickup from Asana after using Asana for a few months. We found ClickUp had much more customization and flexibility. This was especially with the views, and making it so that you could get everything in ONE view.

We also love the proactive notifications, like if you are moving a task to being complete, that if there are sub-tasks under that (that are still active) that you are given the option to update the sub-tasks dates/status.

Overall, after using this system for many weeks, we have found ClickUp has made us much more efficient, and also given us visibility into all of our projects.

We also love all the options you have appear when you right click on a task.

Cons

The only issue we have really found thus far is that some of the screens, mainly while using the Drag and Drop, can lag for a second or two. As a result, you have to learn to wait while using the drag/drop when you release the "drag" so that it appears in the correct place.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Extremely Powerful

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

I have tried many other task management apps and programs. I keep coming back to ClickUp!

Pros

I use Clickup for task management. It fulfills my needs and then some. I am a team of one that manages large projects. Clickup is a great tool for keeping track of deadlines, external email communication and documents related to any step of the project. The key for me is the integration with Google Drive. This integration allows me to link documents to any task so that they are handy when it comes time to complete the task.

Cons

I think the reoccurring task section needs a bit more work. It is better than it was however it is still limited in its abilities. It would be nice that when a task is completed and set to reoccur the user is prompted to select what information, if any, is carried forward to the next task and to confirm the due date. I have tasks that reoccur based on scheduled meetings and with the meeting schedule not consistent its challenging to have a task reoccur.

Paige K.
  • Industry: Music

Found it!

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

As a productivity nut who has tried everything else, I have finally found it! And I'm telling all my friends! Came for the Gantt, stayed for everything else!

Pros

The sorting and filtering features saved my life! Migration away from other software was as easy as a click of a button and there was no set back in getting used to the new environment. I love that new features are constantly being rolled out. I'm not paying for people to collect money in their pockets; I'm paying a subscription for a constantly evolving software.

Cons

The product is not for the faint of heart! It is highly customizable, so I'm still learning about new features weekly.

Sasha E.

Amazing To-Do List + Project Management

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

I think the best thing with ClickUp is that every person on your team is able to see exactly what they have on their to-do list rather than sorting things in a certain bucket or category. I think also because you are able to organize different things in multiple ways it really allows you to organize all the task lists. Unfortunately, this makes it sometimes more cumbersome to hop around but the beauty is that you can sort and filter in a very powerful way so if you combine things with due dates and tagging the right people then it makes the tool very powerful.

Pros

This is probably one of the best to do lists or project management tools out there for teams that are very affordable and reasonable price. It also allows you to sort and filter things in a powerful way which makes it less cluttered like Asana or Trello. Although I do think those other tools do have their place in the world, but Trello is maybe a bit more for just a smaller one or two person team and we found that over time things get a little bit lost since you can't sort and filter things based on the person that is tagged with the item. Asana gets a bit cluttered and very difficult to learn. We found that with Clickup it was a nice balance and we've worked with many other tools in the past as well like Wrike, Basecamp, but it seems like clickup is the one we've enjoyed the most, it's been the clearest, and the easiest to learn.

Cons

My biggest wish is to be able to get Gannt charts eventually with Lookup. Seeing things on a visual platform or seeing how long things take will be a great way to plan release dates or when thing should be scheduled out a little further in time or earlier. Other than that the tool is quite amazing where it is. There's always improvement in little micro things that'll get updated but as far as the big features I think the only one that's missing is the Gannt chart for our business needs.

Tatiana V.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Best Project Management Software Ever

Reviewed on 22/01/2020

We are using ClickUp for a year and love its features and team. Since we have bought our first paid accounts in 2019, ClickUp team made a great progress in navigation functions, reporting options and integration. We used many PM apps before, but never met such a responsive and dedicated team, which works hard on clients' needs, process feedback and always improves the software. New functions, interfaces and reports allowed us to cut our project management and planning time twice and pay more attention to the needs of our beneficiaries.

Pros

Task navigation system, task tracking function, inbox and reporting are my favourite features on ClickUp.

Cons

Time tracking is not very comfortable so far. You need to manage the in-built time tracker manually from Chrome or buy and integrate additional software.

• Customer Support Software

The best software I've used in years

Reviewed on 04/02/2019

There is a bit of a learning curve and understanding how to properly use their Spaces, Projects, and List feature will trip you up quite a bit for the first month, but soon after figuring out the setup, you figure out that it has pretty much every feature that other PM softwares have so a comparison table with Clickup and others would just be full of check marks.

I love that there is a way to provide direct and recorded feedback to the platform and that it's very transparent on what the team is working on. Because their customer service is so active, you're able to feel peace of mind they're working on intelligently improving the software bit by bit.

There is a little lag and bugs here and there, but I'm not sure how much they can do about the lag without a large overhaul and the bugs are resolved fairly quickly. No only that, the support team will even let you know when it's fixed or ping you for more feedback using live chat.

I have strong trust in this product and team!

Pros

The customer service is phenomenal. They've built something that allows the user to give direct feedback to product. The transparency of the feedback makes it easy to know they're actually working on it and not dismissing your input. Because there are votes to the platform, if the request is obscure, it's obvious as to why the feature isn't being worked on at the moment.

The price can't be beat and the community they've built is always coming up with ways to discuss how to better utilize the product.

The software release schedules are so incredibly fast, there are sometimes feature releases that come out before I have time to document a request for them.

Cons

It's a bit laggy compared to Asana and there are some weird interactions that get confusing at times. I've still not yet used any of the calendar or gantt features so I would say that it would be helpful if there were more onboarding on that front.

Even though Clickup has all of the features of Asana, something about Asana just made it easier to use.

And the Chrome extension could use some UX improvement, but they're soon releasing a complete redesign.

Finally, I can organize all of my tasks for every client easily, but keeping track of all of them is a different matter. Luckily, they're rolling out a new Inbox feature that I'm dying to see.

Oscar G.

New Alternatives

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

So far I have a good experience, It's easy to use and to integrate with other applications.

Pros

1. Repetitive tasks
2. API to integrate through REST interfaces
3. Multiple views (Calendar, The new mind map, List)
4. Inbox
5. Goals Feature. However, I think I do not use it properly.
6. Easy to import from other applications.

Cons

1. Docs, I think this could be an integration with other services like Notion.
2. Automation. Beta version is really good, but I think that has a very limited free tier.
3. Mobile App is good enough but Iphone version has a lot of UX bugs and is not that easy to use. That's why I created my own integration to create Tasks more easily.