Rentman

Customer Support Software
4.7/5

Jonathan

• Customer Support Software

Easy to setup with great support.

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Pros

The integration of invoicing and inventory management is the best of the software we have used, and the customization of document templates allows us to provide our clients with professional documents with exactly the right amount of information.

Cons

There are some features that need work on kit and case building but with that said the rentman team are continually listening to the end user and implementing requests.

Marcus
  • Industry: Media Production

Incomparable customer support!

Reviewed on 07/05/2021

Very good so far! Quite a long road preparing it for use in our business with crating all the databases from scratch. But during this process the learning curve has eased out and with the great customer support, all obstacles that have come up along the way have been overcome.

Pros

For us this puts together perhaps 3-5 other softwares that we have been using separately without any synk in between them making every job to be entered manually in each software for each change or update.
Rentman totally takes this away and saves a huge amount of time!

After starting using the software, the tremendous customer support is also worth mentioning as one of the pros of the whole Rentman "experience"!

Cons

Quite steep learning curve if coming from a much smaller similar solution. Some parts have extremely detailed individual settings for user customization, making it quite confusing and overwhelming at times, and some features on the other hand have way to little options for customization.

farmerswife

Reasons for Choosing Rentman

Needed to keep track of equipment, jobs, crew and transports in a more controlled way rather than having it spread out in several softwares and manual processes.

Google Docs

Reasons for Switching to Rentman

Best suited for our kind of business! And the pricing was closest to budget. Got recomended from partner company.
Gil

Best Rental Software I have tried

Reviewed on 26/09/2022

We used to use Google Calendar to schedule our equipment and send invites to our employees. Used Quickbooks online to invoice and send estimates. This all can be done with Rentman.

Pros

Love that Rentman has Crew and equipment Scheduling built in the same app. Like that they have tech support that is built right into the application. When I first started using Rentman, I needed a lot of help. They were there for me. They are also updating Rentman constantly with new features and they are listening to their customers.

Cons

I wish the crew scheduling feature had the ability to send my employees an alert when a project gets canceled. I have asked on their suggestion page where you can leave suggestions and "want list".

Reasons for Switching to Rentman

Rentman has the ability to send crew invites within the application. Preferred the interface of Rentman.
Kara
  • Industry: Hospitality

Lacking in so many ways

Reviewed on 23/10/2022

From an event perspective, this software is lacking in so many ways. if you just need to track your software, this could be a great option. It is outdated but this help with the simplisity of the product. When investing in a software, I want something that will act as close to a one stop shop as I can get meaning in assists with contracting, accounts payment, accounts receivable, inventory management, reporting, deploy and track labor, etc. This software really is just an inventory software and not suited for the hospitality industry.

Pros

Simplistic Great at tracking inventory only

Cons

Does not.... Track payments, billing due or past due billingOutside of inventory, it doesnt do much to help move an event forwardReport on anything other than inventory

Tyler

Great Software with Active Development Team

Reviewed on 22/07/2022

It's been great, it helped us improve our efficiency and organization as well as increased the speed of our quoting process.

Pros

It is fresh, modern and always getting updates. The search capabilities are great and its pretty easy to use.

Cons

The cost increases might price us out of it as it starts to be less competitive with the other options that are out there.

Flex

Reasons for Choosing Rentman

We wanted a modern software that was cloud based, highly searchable, easy to use and maintain.

Reasons for Switching to Rentman

The price was better and it appeared that they were developing their product more rapidly.

Response from Rentman

Hey Tyler! Thanks a lot for your feedback! I'm happy to hear you're satisfied with Rentman!

Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any questions!

Lachlan

Rentman Review

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

We have been able to integrate all projects automatically into one calendar for all our crew to view, so that there isn't a constant string of calls and texts confirming times for the following day.
They are able to look ahead and plan their weeks, as well as repair any equipment with urgency that is going out again soon.
We have also had only brilliant experiences with the Rentman support team, with quick responses to questions, and ideas for future updates being passed onto developers, with actual reasons for use.

Pros

Rentman is an ideal choice for Crew, Project and Equipment management software. We implemented it over the space of approximately two months, and all staff were able to easily jump on board an start using it daily. We are able to track all our projects and clients, where our equipment is, as well as logging our crew's timesheets. We implemented this coming from no other software, simply all manual, which resulted in the reliance of 3rd party calendar apps, that didn't sync easily.
Now that we have started using Rentman, we couldn't imagine doing business without it.

Cons

There really aren't many negatives about Rentman. The only negative I have is the UI on mobile devices, but that's fairly prevalent in most management softwares, as there is a lot of data needing to be displayed on the screen at one time.

Reasons for Switching to Rentman

We found the UI of Current difficult to use, and very hard to learn quickly. Rentman was easy to pickup, and move all our business planning and project management over to, without any delay or difficulty.
John

Comback comments

Reviewed on 10/10/2022

Pros

Is easy to use and learn. nice layout. Gives Freelancers opertunity to look at the equipment and info they need.

Cons

its needs some small featers to be a complete software for the entertainment business.

• Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and modern software

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

Pros

easy to use, outstanding customer support, great overview of projects and equipment, implementation of 3rd party software, great scanning implementation.

Cons

Still missing some features from the last software I used, but Rentman keeps updating and implementing new features, so the missing features will come in the future.

Jason

My Rentman Use

Reviewed on 21/09/2022

Very good, best rental software I have used.

Pros

The scheduling side of Rentman is very important in my role and the how easy it is for me to overview the movements and availability of all my staff. It is very easy to edit times and leave specific notes for specific crew.

Cons

It would be nice if Public Holidays/Weekends would show as a colour on the calendar as a warning for my account managers so as they are more aware when entering jobs.

Liam

• Customer Support Software

A great (nearly) all in one solution for the event industry. Better then the competition!

Reviewed on 27/09/2021

I used to use Current RMS, however, I moved to Rentman as it has a better system and backbone.
It makes more sense with the layouts and with time can become a powerful tool for the business.
I've had this for about 1-2 years and still learning new things, but as a small company, it's not been a quick setup.

I do however love the support that Rentman offer and they are always listening and improving, which is why I 100% recommend Rentman. They are working on this product for us and the changes are always coming in.

I love using Rentman and seeing the bugs corrected and fixed as it gets better and better.

Pros

- Great customer support. Very quick and helpful.
-Easy flowing steps for creating projects. Very powerful.
-Can create nice documents....(just need alot of time).
-Always moving forward company and listening to the users for the direction they will take.

Cons

-Hard and slow learning curve.
-The interface looks a little dated, needs a modern refresh.
-Still has many bugs, from language bugs to just things that don't work as smoothly as I would hope.
-CRM is lacking and needs a bit more work.
-Would be great to see short "how to" videos of tips and tricks.

Flex

Reasons for Choosing Rentman

Current RMS was just not very nice to setup projects, you always have to jump from page to page, where as Rentman you can work all within one page easy.

Reasons for Switching to Rentman

The support is amazing. It's features are getting built and released very quickly. It's by far the most powerful out of the products and software I've looked at.
Jouni

Your number one tool for AV-rental and Project Management business

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Rentman helps me make things more efficient by saving time on resource planning, equipment management and sales. A real "multitool" for an Event production company.

Pros

Overall logic on the software is very fluent and easy to follow. I never read much of the tips and tricks section, but after couple of hours use I was able to figure out the key functions. I like the amount of time it saves me in quotations and planning for resources.

Especially I like the Crew Planner.. That helps a lot when booking people to gigs. Our freelancers are also happy with the Rentman App for phone.

Web based service is also a very good thing for smaller business when the need for own server base and maintenance is eliminated.

Cons

I tried to think this quite a lot, actually. The only thing that really bugs me is the section of documents which takes in data from tabs (customer name, location, project number..)

For me, and probably many other, who do not understand that much about coding,(think the section is using css?) that there would be a simpler way to edit the general data of the document.
I also happen to know that what I just wrote, corrupts the very idea for the software to fetch the data on the section automatically.

Document templates are a bit annoying to get "just right", but well worth it in the long run.

One does need a specialist within the organization who is very "into" the software and wants to learn more, and train others, in order to make things run smoothly. It is not that simple, for most of the users.

Trail

Reasons for Switching to Rentman

Based on a demo trial I figured very quickly Rentman to be just what I need. And started lobbying that idea within my organization.
Christoph

• Customer Support Software

We use "Rentman" for Material Planning, Personal planning, Dry Hire Organisation, Invoices,...

Reviewed on 01/08/2017

Pros

For us "Rentman" is the Swiss-Knife of Event Software. It allows us to plan and schedule Material, Personal, Logistics and to create offers, invoices and reminders on one online Plattform. We can use "Rentman" from every Point of the world and any System because it´s a browser based online tool. We use it since two years and it´s running completely stabil and secure. It´s easy to use and you can give difeerent roles to every employee depending on his role in your Company. From our Point of view "Rentman" is the most powerful and flexible Software for Event-Companies which is available in the Moment. We tried also Easy-Job before but it´s too expensive, too complicated and also too unflexible because there´s no Cloud-Online-Solution. One of the main profits of Rentman is the Support they give to you along the whole time. We got an complete "StartUp-Workshop" via Online teaching for our complete Team, so afterwords everyone knew the main functions and advantages of rentman. If there should be a Problem you can call them anytime and they will fix it professionell and fast.

Cons

The Rentman App is nice to have but it´s not really complete funktional at the Moment, it should have more of the Features which is included in Rentman-Online.

Response from Rentman

Hey Christoph, thanks for the great review! We really like the Swiss Army Knife comparison! We see our software as an all-in-one solution for event rental companies like yours and knowing that all the tools are working out for you is the feedback we like to get.

We were also happy to hear that our support team could minimize the set-up costs for you. We know that switching to a new rental management software is often the hardest part. Therefore, we want to make the transfer and training as effective and simple as possible.

Keep your eyes open for updates to the Rentman browser version and Rentman App. New functionalities are added every month so new app features might be available sooner than you think ¿

Matthew
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

• Customer Support Software

A rental house's most powerful tool

Reviewed on 05/07/2022

We have really liked using Rentman and it has definitely helped our company to maintain the upper hand on competitors by ensuring that we have the right equipment available when our clients come to pickup.

Pros

Probably the most powerful part of the software is how it handles projects. Being able to create a single project that spans any amount of time, and then to have sub-projects inside of that and schedule different events/equipment/crew at different times throughout the project is great. That along with scheduling of equipment and how it handles conflicts and sub-rentals makes it a great tool for any rental house.

Cons

The majority of the issues we face are pretty minor. We've been able to find work arounds to features that are not currently in the software like Vendors/Consignment equipment. We would like to see more work put into the API and project request system as well as improvements in adding equipment to a project.

Response from Rentman

Hey Matthew! Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear you're satisfied with Rentman!

I'd suggest you keep an eye on our Public Roadmap, where you can see what features we're currently working on. You might find a few things you'll find interesting!

Lauri
  • Industry: Building Materials

• Customer Support Software

Rentall software that grows with Your needs

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

We have been using rentman now in two companies, pretty much for a Year. We are coming in with third company during the first quarter of 2017. Usage and bases of these business are different in each company, and still, this software can serve them all.
We started with one company basically first only controlling projects existing and equipment we have in our own warehouse. Now we have pretty much all the functions of the software in use. and it is making our work a lot of fasters.
Due to its simplest CSV data transfer possibilities, it is very easy to integrate it with other software and also bring information from one software to another.
Also when we are busy we can add more users for a month, if we need top purchase production services from outside.
All in all, we are happy with the product. There is always something that could be better, but the support and development are answering quickly and reacting to our inquiries and ideas off software improvement.

Pros

- CSV export and import
- Clear and logical way to handle a project
- It is easy expandability by your short time extra needs
- No need to have some internal server systems for this in the company

Cons

This software is made for project and equipment controlling, time to time I would like to have some more options to control this through economical information. But as I have been told this will get some new possibilities in the next versions, that will help us out in most cases.

Response from Rentman

Hey Lauri, thanks a lot for leaving a review. Our developers and support engineers were thrilled to hear such good feedback and we are proud that Rentman is already being used in two of your companies.

It's good to hear that your transfer to Rentman worked flawlessly. Making sure that you can get started with Rentman easily has always been one of our highest priorities.

The ability to see more economical information like equipment and customer history will be introduced next month so stay put for our next big update!

Hendrik
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

It ist an application, that makes your workflow much easier. It saves time and money

Reviewed on 31/07/2017

Especially the online availability is extremely attractive. This facilitates much. It is always up-to-date and can be viewed from anywhere and possibly changed. The staff are always well informed about material and personnel. The program does what it is supposed to do well, quickly and clearly. There are hardly any wishes about it without which it is too crowded. Around a successful software which is always developing.

Pros

The clarity and clear procedures. Also the quick overview and online availability. The planning of material personnel and vehicle fleet becomes child's play. The organization of the material is simple and clear, as is the overall appearance of the software. Everything runs very reliably. Also the hiring of material is easy to do. The workshop module is clear and practical. This program is packed with knowledge and passion. The support is very fast and effective.

Cons

Little things in the mobile app. For example, you can not simply create a project quickly, with name and date and info. You can work out later in the office. That would be very helpful if you get orders on the way. Otherwise completely satisfied.

Response from Rentman

Hendrik, thanks a lot for taking the time to review Rentman. Our team really appreciates your feedback. It is great to hear that our rental software seems to have simplified so many of your daily processes. We know how specific the requirements of Pro AV companies can be, which is why we have developed Rentman to be an all-in-solution for this industry.

You mentioned that our software is always developing and of course this also applies for our Rentman App. Stay put for new updates that will add even more functionalities to our Android and iOS application.

We believe that rental management shouldn¿t stop when you leave the office!

Dawn

Such a Stress Relief!

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

Overall RentMan has made bringing new crew members on so much easier. They can find items and start learning our inventory. We're better able to track what items went where and if they don't come back. RentMan also helps us so we aren't double booking inventory.

Pros

We have multiple account reps that had different names for different inventory items. Now we have a standardized inventory with pictures and locations, so everyone is on the same page. Calculating shipping costs is so easy now. The reps can book items and see what their total weight is. I'm not wasting time on projects that may or may not confirm.

Cons

There's still some features I would like. For example locking down a project so an account rep can't change something day of. Or being able to get a notification that something has changed the day of. We're spilt between 2 warehouses so the account reps can't always walk in the back and talk to the crew. Being able to see Internal Remarks when booking equipment out on the app would be helpful.

Response from Rentman

Hello Dawn! We appreciate you taking the time to write your review. It's great to hear, that Rentman has helped your business simplify your processes and save time on your projects!
We can understand the need for a locking feature and notifications about changes on projects. We are constantly looking to improve our app and have already implemented some changes based on customer feedback.
Now, you are able to choose to be notified of certain changes within a project via E-Mail, Mobile App, or Web. You can also view notes from your project on the mobile app.

Regarding your feedback on the locking feature, we would love to discuss this wish with you further. Please contact our support via email at [email protected] with this idea, so we can explore this option for you.

We hope for a great continuous relationship with In The Event and wish you all the best!

Your Rentman Team

Philipp

• Customer Support Software

With Rentman we can manage and simplify all our business processes.

Reviewed on 27/07/2017

Pros

- Excellent support
- Very good overall performance of the system
- Rentman is accessible from every computer with internet connection
- There's no need to print a packing slip, as you have it digitally on your mobile phone with the Rentman app
- You can scan QR-codes of your equipment using the app
- You can add repairs for defective equipment via the app
- Really fair pricing
- You can synchronise your agenda with CalDAV
- The dashboard gives you a good overview of what is relevant and urgent

Cons

- The price structure is based on fixed packages (Lite, Pro, etc.) but I would prefer to book only certain modules that you would like to use.
- The warehouse location of your equipment is not displayed in the app.

Response from Rentman

Thanks for your great feedback Philipp. Our team here at Rentman is always happy to hear that our cloud software is able to help you with your daily rental management.

We started off as a rental company and know how important simple but powerful features are for a good rental workflow. We have gotten some very positive feedback on our Rentman App in the past months and are planning to add even more cool features. This will also include the ability to see where in the warehouse your equipment is located!

We understand that only using certain modules of Rentman would be even better for you but we do require some sort of pricing structure to provide the best service for every rental company. However, you can already adjust your Rentman license by adding more administrators (powerusers) in busy summer months and removing them when everything has calmed down. Thanks again for your review!

Cairbre

• Customer Support Software

Fast, flexible, cost effective and exceptional support

Reviewed on 06/07/2017

Pros

-support is extremely good
-software is easy to learn and teach others
-searching for data is instant
-facility to add tags, filters and tasks throughout makes it customisable for all users
-easy to customise system templates
-project templates easy to set-up and speed up creating new projects for account managers
-customers digitally sign their quotations and confirm the projects
-crew planner module has planned 60+ full time and freelance technical staff without a hitch
-communication flow right through the project for all involved to view
-full time staff have project information to hand on their smartphone through the app
-equipment failures are scanned on-site direct into the repairs module by the technicians
-software is constantly evolving along with industry feedback

Cons

-mobile scanning not yet available, this will be helpful rolling over scanned equipment on-site, from one project to another

Response from Rentman

Hey Cairbre, thanks a lot for your review and feedback on Rentman. We were happy to hear that our support team has been this helpful over the past year. I have made sure that they get the praise they deserve!

It is great to see that Rentman has improved so many aspects of your rental workflow. We are always doing our best to make inventory management, labor scheduling and reporting as easy and efficient as possible for you. Our developers are hard at work so mobile scanning with the Rentman App will be available in no time.

Feedback like yours is what we base a lot of our development priorities on. Thanks a lot for your help and support!

Robert

• Customer Support Software

Event Rental Software with everything I needed!

Reviewed on 01/09/2016

Rentman includes features that make sense for Event Professionals.
Important features include multiple user levels, friendly mobile app, labor and transport modules and easy sub-hire (cross rental) feature.
I have used several US based software systems. I have found Rentman has a better combination of features for my application.
Software as a service minimizes initial startup cost. The price structure makes sense and is is easy to add users.
Rentman has better customer support and includes an integrated Teamviewer for live support.

Pros

The Rentman web interface is fast even on a slow internet connection.
I can customize the access level of each user, which is great for part-time and freelance employees.
I can customize forms myself.
Inventory supports kits, resale items and sub-hire.
Customer database allows for multiple contacts under one organization.
Rentman combines the best features of a CMA, Inventory Control system, and Project Management suite in one place.

Response from Rentman

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for taking the time and giving us detailed feedback on our software. We are really happy to hear that Rentman is able to help you with managing your rental business in that many aspects. We focus on providing the best service and support possible so thank you very much for the kinds words.

Best regards,
Team Rentman

Nick

• Customer Support Software

Best product available on the market

Reviewed on 29/07/2017

We use Rentman for nearly 2 years and until now we did not have any bigger problems with the software. The support is very fast and professional.

Pros

For a long time we searched for a rental management software for mac computers. We did not find any satisfying application until we heard from Rentman. Rentman is very easy to use, comes with lot of professional features and saves lot of time and money so you can focus on your business. A great feature we do not want to miss anymore is the Rentman app for mobile devices. All our employees and sub workers installed the app on their smartphone and so they have all necessary information about their jobs and the events available with just one click. We can manage all our jobs including equipment stock, customer details and employee details within one software. this was the reason we chose Rentman as our software.

Response from Rentman

Thanks for the brilliant review Nick! I have let our developers and support team know how happy you are with our product and service.

We have worked hard over the past 6 years to develop the best rental software and we are stoked to introduce some cool new features over the next months. Stay tuned for new modules that will be added to the Rentman App and the browser version of Rentman. Thanks again and it¿s great to have you on board!

Stefan

perfect package

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

perfect price for much software with a good usability and a really perfect personal support.

Pros

many programs are well done, but the persons behind rentman, especially the support, ist really excellent and helpful, so you get most out of the software

Cons

the bagatelle what I am missing is already in the roadmap, so I am absolutely happy

Eddie

• Customer Support Software

Very simple to set up an creates a fast and efficient work flow

Reviewed on 01/08/2017

Much faster workflow, less mistakes calculating offers and better control over warehouse managment. The overall flow of information within the company has improved using rentman.

Pros

The fact the software is online and used in a browser is its strongest point. It means access from any computer with internet is possible, even with a slow internet connection. The output quality is also excellent.

Cons

The transfer from rentman 3G to 4G has been quite a long process and is still not fully completed, which as a rentman user is annoying, as you can see the new workspace but it is inpractical to use as certain functions have not yet been tansferred.

Response from Rentman

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback Eddie. We know that good communication is a major point in every event rental company. That¿s why developing Rentman in the cloud has been our No. 1 priority since the beginning.

It¿s great to hear that our rental software has helped improve and accelerate the flow of communication in your company! We believe that you should have control over your rentals, even when you leave the office or warehouse.

We are sorry if the transition to Rentman 4G has caused you any inconvenience. We are aware that some smaller features are still missing but you can be assured that we are hard at work to implement them as soon as possible. Make sure to read our monthly update notes to stay up-to-date on the newest features!

Bojan

Stop your search

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Pros

Easy of use, reliable and best support you can imagine.

Cons

I'm the legacy user and I dont like new pricing plan and statistic module can be refined.

Response from Rentman

Hey Bojan,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm happy to hear you've been with us for such a long time, and that you enjoy your experience with Rentman.

I hope you'll be happy to hear that we are working on improving our Statistics module in the future. Feel free to check out our Public Roadmap if you want to be kept updated, and send us your feedback on what you'd like to see implemented.

Have a nice day!

Matt

• Customer Support Software

After Serching for GREAT Rental managment software that was affordiable we finally found it.

Reviewed on 05/07/2019

The key to any software package is to put the time and effort in to setting it up and maintaining it. We have been doing this in stages as it is very time consuming. Rentman has been great as it allows us to do this very effectively. The app is a great way to manage staff of all kinds, casuals, freelance and even labor hire. As a package I would be very confident that nothing else offers the feature set, the support and the affordable price that Rentman does. It is easy to use for everyone. It is one of only a few modern designed rental software packes that you don't need a degree in to use.

Pros

The customer service and support team are amazing! We were honestly a bit skeptical going in with the software being based in a different country but I can honestly say I have never had this level of support for software before. All the guys are great!

Cons

The Only thing we find a little annoying is it can be a little slow to find items in the data base when scanning QR codes via the app. They are always upgrading and making things better so I'm certain this wont be an issue for the long term.

Kári

satisfied

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

Pros

I like that the serviceteam is open for changes when we ask for it, and the automation when booking.
The serviceteam is quick to answer and help us through teamweaver.

Cons

i would like to have the chance to automatic book a flightcase for a given amount of equipment, for example a case of 6 flatpars, nice to have the chance to take one or two in a bag, but six in a flight