Booksy

One solution for managing your calendar and your business.

4.7 /5 (250 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.6
Alex K.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Decent booking platform but there are limitations

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 18/09/2020

My experience was ok with Booksy but it was short lived.

Pros

I like how easy it is to get the platform up and going. It makes it easy to setup your profile and list your services.

Cons

I did not like that the platform makes users download the app in order for them to book. There needs to be a non app user way to book services on the app. This limits the amount of people willing to do business with booksy business owners because some people don't want to add on another app to their phone. It would be nice if there was intergrated facebook ads marketing in the platform. Perhaps Booksy needs to take a couple pages out out of Vagaro's book.

Response from Booksy

Hi Alex,

Thanks for trying out Booksy and for letting us know about your experience! Customers can in fact book without having to download the app to their phones. They can do so by visiting www.booksy.com and navigating to the appropriate business profile. We also have integrations with Google, Facebook, and Instagram.

We're constantly improving our platform and would welcome you back anytime!

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Desiree A.

Great service

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

besides the few glitches i have had a pleasant experience with booksy. I like how it is integrated with GOOGLE, Instagram, and FB.

Pros

besides the customer service i like that i can send booking reminders to customers as well as they get an automated message to leave a review
I can post reviews to my IG
Its integrated with GOOGLE, FB and IG
I can post pictures to my profile

Cons

when sending confirmations it does not give the client an option to click on "confirm" rather it just send the confirmation.
the photos that come on my fb page does not reflect my service for example- there is a picture under each service and sometimes a guy/girl is having a laser treatment and I work with waxing.
my cancellation policy and my no-show policy are different and I wish i could use both depending on the circumstance.

Michael W.

Independent Barber

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Excellent

Pros

Love Booksy since joining it has help me with marketing, scheduling, and keeping track of business transactions. I highly recommend it for anyone that is Up and coming Entrepreneurs and self employed individuals

Cons

More marketing ads added to software and more exposure clients reviews and ratings

Chantelle H.
Industry: Retail

Best Software

Reviewed on 29/09/2019

I love it. Its awesome! And the help is always friendly even when you have silly questions they are always willing to help.

Pros

I have used booksy a long time ago when they just started, then went back on the books and paper for a while, then they came to see me and i saw so many upgrades and features, i dont use any other apps, they are the best of the best in salon business, i can do anything and everything i need to. Amazing software, easy and user friendly. I LOVE IT!

Cons

I Have nothing negative to say.
Except for the gallery could be easier to use....
if you click on a pic and want to go back it takes you to the top again. if you could go back and stay where you are that would be great otherwise you have to keep scrolling down. or if they could add in sections in the gallery like example.. in the salon business. say you have a full service salon. in one folder Nails, in another folder , Hair, ect. that would be awesome. or to categorize the peoples images in the salon. for example.... (Me) Chantelle and all my images under my name in a folder separate from Dee or sons images. so that way everyone creates their own profiles.

Nicola D.

Simply amazing

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

I have really enjoyed using booksy, I can use it on the go when clients phone and I'm not at the salon. It's been really easy to use I have only had 2 problems with it and was fixed within 5 minutes. I know I don't have to stress when I'm away and my staff members won't struggle with using it.

Pros

This software is easy to use, can be used on a pc, tablet or phone. Clients find it easy for booking online. If there is a problem the support is always there and quick to respond

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was more managing software for staff wages and etc so I wouldn't have to pay extra for another software system. Also wish that you didn't have to always have a clients email to send receipts wish it could send to the cellphone number and lastly it needs capabilities for voucher functions

Jessa M.
Company size: Self Employed

Easy & Convenient. Time saving.

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

Less on my phone just to deal with clients. MORE clients

Pros

Clients get to book their appointment right through their phone anytime of the day. No waiting time for reply backs and miss calls, vice versa. Appointment reminders are amazing! There are no excuses for clients to "forget" their rendez-vous. I love the review options where my clients gets a notification to review my service right after. I like to use the Message Blast options for up coming promotions I offer..... I LOVE everything about Booksy! It made my life way more easy and convenient! My clients love it too!

Cons

The payments through the app isn't eligible in Canada yet! That's the only con for me. I'm waiting for the payment option to be eligible.

Lynette M.

Awesome

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Pros

Easy to use. Very simple. Amazing features. I love the pre pay system as well as the scheduling systems.

Cons

I don’t like that the customer can’t pay remaining balances through the app

Paula B.
Industry: Retail

Lasting Impressions

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

The reports of the products etc. Marketing tool also very helpful

Pros

Very user friendly, affordable, and easy to manage when not in store. This software changed my life and my business turnover. I have recommended it to many colleagues who are also very satisfied.

Cons

Te voucher system can improve to redeem vouchers and also if clients load credit I would like to have access to the sale to make changes

Martin C.

My personal / professional opinion

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

I have been able to resolve the response time from customers that are trying to book an appointment with me and i have been able to focus more on my work and family because i don't have to keep checking my phone to see who is texting or calling for a appointment.

Pros

I like how easy it is for my customers to set up an appointment without the hassle of waiting for me to respond because i am busy i get at the barbershop.

Cons

There is nothing that i don't like about this product.

Christina B.

My personal Assistant

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

5 star

Pros

What I love most about this software is that it is more than just an app It's has saved my career and have allowed me to spend more time serviceing my client than taking calls and answering questions.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about it I've been using this for years and everytime I find something wrong or that would help navigate the app easier i contact a tech and it is fixed

Keona D.

Booksy Review

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

Booksy has been a breath of fresh air for me. I use to have customers txt me when they need an appointment, but that started to get stressful as business grew. After getting started with Bookst, I grew a lot more clientele and it became a stress relief.

Pros

That it is very easy to set up and use. It's also convenient for my customers to schedule their appointments.

Cons

The amount that's charged I'd you accept payments through the app.

Keith P.

Booksy has saved me so much time and helped me to put my career in professional prospective!

Reviewed on 16/10/2017

it gave me more time to complete other business related tasks.

Pros

The simplicity in which it gives for my customers to use with and the sure convenience that it provides in regards to keeping my schedule in a timely manner

Cons

It doesn't let you singularly set your schedule or customize it once you set your schedule its locked every day sometimes you need to change up your hours and I don't see were you can do that.

Briana Y.

Fellow booksy user

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Overall I do like booksy for my clients and myself. I have referred 2 others and would refer to my other colleagues.

Pros

I like that I’m able to track all my services, collect deposits, have control of my schedule, and how easy it is for my clients to use.

Cons

I do wish I was able to have more booking options, especially for hair color services and timing set up. I also would like to see an improvement on minor features like checkouts through square and showing collected deposits during the checkout process.

Princetyre L.

Barbers on booksy

Reviewed on 08/04/2019

Love it thanks it’s made a world a difference in my barbering

Pros

Works flawless, takes literally 1 min for clients to set up. Once that’s done they can set repeat appointments in seconds. I can also keep track of my money easier.

Cons

Eh I don’t really know what to say it’s a decent tool. It may be a couple but nothing that stands out

Donell B.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Life has been simplified because of booksy

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Overall i am very satisfied with booksy and the way it has provided me more time to grow and execute in my business.

Pros

That it helps me stay focused on my passion and purpose and not be bothered with a lot of individuals or be interrupted when working.

Cons

trying to get my barbers on to be able to use as a whole team, it was pretty difficult.

Asun E.

A Great Barbering App

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

I love this app and wish I started using it a long time ago. And I've gained customers from it so in essence it pays for itself.

Pros

I like how it organized my appointment schedule and business with multiple opportunities to advertise.

Cons

Theres really nothing I dont like about this app

Dealové A.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Greatest app ever

The best app ever

Pros

Ok ok this app help me organize my company I’m soo pleased it was so hard to keep an assistant people didn’t want to show up for work an when the did the had an attitude we the customers an me sometimes I jus needed someone to make the appointments an send out massages an this app did it all an more

Cons

Nothing !!! I should of got it a long time ago

Hector R.
Industry: Design

Booksy biz works

Reviewed on 04/09/2019

My experience with this app has been amazing . It has helped me grow as a professional as well to manage my schedule and gain exposure throughout the area of TAMPA

Pros

I have been using booksy for about a year and a couple months now, I’ve gain so much more exposure in the business and clients like how easy it is to schedule and manage their time

Cons

I can’t really think of any down side of this app it’s an all around well build app

Tracy W.

I love it

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

It helps grow my business

Pros

Keeping track of my Client's basics my business is growing everyday

Cons

I can say the software is getting better

Tanita W.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Love love love

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Booksy keeps all my records for me and allows me to communicate with my clients easily. It also keeps my financial records together.

Pros

I love the fact that I do not have to worry about overbooking myself.

Cons

It has its technical bug errors as many apps do but it usually doesn’t last long.

Michael J.

It Works

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

It helps not only to keep my clients organized it alsonallows me to communicate with them more effectively.

Pros

I like the fact it serves as my assistant. I can focus on work and less on answering phones to take appointments. Helps my business run smoother.

Cons

Sometimes it doesnt connect for a minute or two. Not significantly long just have to reboot. It's a small thing considering.

Charles L.

GAME CHANGER!

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

Anytime I’ve has problems, the team have been prompt in responding with a solution everytime

Pros

I’m able to book clients and make money in my sleep

Cons

Be great if Australian customers could pay for their bookings through Booksy

Dwight T.

Must have

Reviewed on 22/09/2019

Really good keeping up with analysis. So overall it's a valuable resource and must need.

Pros

The function on payment. I can charge a will or make clients prepay.

Cons

The freeze up at time and scheduling update load slow.

Bobby N.

Awesome booking application.

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Pros

Best soft booking software in the market. Awesome for barbers and hair stylist!

Cons

I have no issue with the software. I like the upgrade from it use to be . Real convenient for my clients!

Miguel S.

Amazing booking App!!!

Reviewed on 22/05/2020

Great app!!!

Pros

Very easy and convenient, when my clients get to booking it gets straight to the point and I have no problem with appointments not showing up or any errors.

Cons

It’s sometimes logs me out( I’m pretty sure it’s an update) but I forget my password so I have to reset it everytime. Also my fault for not remembering my password