Diogo C.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

• Customer Support Software

Program for managing my daily tasks

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

With this toolkit I can stay focused, meet deadlines, create alerts for activities to be performed. This allowed me to gain productivity and miss deadlines, all simply and practically.

Pros

This productivity package allows different workspaces, such as alerting to duties, projects, etc. color-coded labels differentiated by color, urgency, and importance, simple additional comments, work completion timer. As well as being able to share comments with clients and teams that are part of a project. Client listing and additional tasks, comments, and history. One cool thing is that emails can be sent by customers or me to todo.vu to create tasks. The developers offer support and services that are quick and interested in solving problems and getting honest opinions. I highly recommend the productivity package for both business and private life.

Cons

I noticed that this productivity package at some point remained occasionally stopped, which may have been caused by the low internet connection spikes, another problem that I cannot identify. Exporting saved contacts should be an easy and more intuitive task.

Response from Kitovu

Diogo, Thanks for your great feedback. I appreciate you making the effort. Do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anya M.

• Customer Support Software

I love using and so do my clients. Don't know how we could manage without it anymore.

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Keeps my and my staff organized and our clients too.

Pros

Ease of use. Clean interface. The ability to email in tasks and to email responses into a task is fantastic.

Cons

Hard to find much that I don't like, but the filtering options when you're looking for a task, especially the done and archived tasks. It would like to see something that sorts them by Date Completed or something.

• Customer Support Software

the app is very user-friendly and has a clean UI.

Reviewed on 21/01/2018

This app saves me from the stress caused by having to keep track of all my coding tasks and the time and the date spent on each task. I found out such a need when I started having to report my working hours. Thanks so much for the amazing app.

Pros

The ability to create multiple subtasks by pasting in predefined bullet points. The ability to add a time budget to a task to know if I'm still in good progress.

Cons

the bug that often happens when reordering subtasks. The unability to see my time spent on tasks in previous days when a task is being timed.

Response from Kitovu

Thanks for the great feedback. I'll make sure we look at reordering the subtasks and figure out what you are experiencing. And the option to see time on previous days should be possible - email that one to [email protected] directly so I can help out.

Didier B.

• Customer Support Software

Best overall planning/time tracking tool with billing feature I have tried.

Reviewed on 01/03/2018

Worry-free time tracking and billing reports

Pros

One big competitive advantage of Todo.vu for me is the Time tab where I can visually file time spent on a project. It is intuitive and very well thought out. No other tool matches that ease-of-use and visual representation. I use the tool for a sole proprietorship business, and it can definitely do so much more, should I grow a team or have subcontractors, which was also important to me.

Initially, I had tried several tools in parallel, entering the same data in each tool for a week or so in order to make a decision about which tool to move forward with. While the initial ramp-up was a little more complex with Todo.vu, I also understood that there was more under the hood than the competitors I tried. They have various points of entry to do the same tasks, depending on your cognitive style, and once things are set to go with clients, billing rates, tasks, and projects, the daily activities are much easier with this tool than the others I have tried.

The billing section is another favorite of mine. It nicely displays the work, distributed across our projects. And it is so easy to create a billing report with given work, and get a link that you client can use to see the details of your work.

Last but not least, the support from the founder himself is truly outstanding! I
had encountered some minor issues as I use the tool very frequently over different timezones, and His responsiveness and time to resolution was world class.
Todo.vu is part of my daily work life!

Cons

For my initial setup, I was a little confused by the fact that the projects I entered took a little while to show up in the tool. I kept entering them, only to find a few minutes later that I had a bunch of duplicates. But that lag was a one time experience. Navigating the concepts as a first time user was overall a little more complex than other tools. Hence the 4-Star for ease-of-use. They have a 5-star ease-of-use for the daily activities once everything is set up.

Also, just very occasionally, their server can be down for (I guess) some maintenance. It would be great to receive a mail notice when this is about to happen. I has come as a surprise 2 or 3 times when I really needed to use the tool a that particular time. Because it is mainly a browser-based tool, there is no other mode of input for me. They do not have an iOS mobile offering that could accept entries locally and push to the cloud when servers become available.

Sofia F.

• Customer Support Software

Amazing. I run every aspect of my business with it. A perfect fit for freelancers and...

Reviewed on 30/08/2017

My work and time got easier to manage and my productivity increaded. I send more time designing and less trying to get organized.

Pros

The ability to manage tasks, projets, budgets and billing in just one place. That alone would be amazing, but this guys added time management for the whole team. Most apps have task management or time management. This one has everything and it blends perfectly.

The interface is intuitive and the learning curve real quick. The price is amazing.
The support is quick and effective and new funcionalities are launched frequently.

I love this app. Best thing i ever subscribed!!

Ashlie L.

AWESOME for freelancers & solopreneurs

Reviewed on 26/09/2017

All the features I need with none I don't.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use and intuitive. I like that I can customize colors, tags, and I looooooove the checklists within a task. I reviewed over 15 other project management tools and this is the one I came back to time and time again. There aren't features that you don't need that just get in the way or make use more complicated than it should be. I am a freelancer / solopreneur and I struggled to find the right solution until this came along.

Cons

No way to set up recurring tasks yet (read that it's in the roadmap, but I don't know how long that will be), task durations (for things that might take more than a day to complete). And there realllly needs to be a mobile app so that I can add and complete tasks on the road, as well as update time.

Martin D.

• Customer Support Software

Just what I was looking for!

Reviewed on 19/04/2020

Pros

The best thing about todo.vu is that the timer runs serverside, which means it is possible to start a timer on one device, check on it on another device, and stop the timer from yet another. Very useful! All through the website!

Cons

Now if only there were an Apple Watch app :)

Response from Kitovu

Martin, thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback.

I'll talk to the team about a watch app too :)

Jonathan K.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

PRospective's Review of todo.vu

Reviewed on 16/03/2021

Satisfied is an understatement. I feel completely comfortable with this tool and plan to use it for a while to come.

Pros

Two things: the functionality and the customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been patient with me as I sort out issues and get going in the start up process. The billing is so easy and convenient.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at the moment. Everything has been great so far.

Response from Kitovu

Jonathan, thanks for your great feedback.

Zsolt K.

todo.vu - close to perfect

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

It's very easy to get accustomed to it and the time tracking part is excellent.

Pros

The time tracking and recurring tasks are super good working parts.

Cons

I miss a calendar view, but the calendar integration is great.

Mathieu B.
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

Been searching for THE app that meets all my freelancing needs for a long time

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

AMAZING !!!

Pros

Time tracking and reporting and amazing support that listen to feedbacks

Cons

Little issue with responsiveness on some pages but support told me they are already working on it

Response from Kitovu

Thanks Mathieu, I appreciate your support and really constructive feedback.

Valerio P.

Cool Task management

Reviewed on 23/02/2018

Pros

ToDo is perfect for new companies and little groups. With ToDo, you can make a workspace in no time. Follow who is doing what, and when, lessens the requirement for tedious report strategies and update meetings. Group correspondence, document sharing, and everyday arranging are key necessities for a quick moving group and ToDo tends to every one of these requirements in a single interface.

Cons

None so far. Maybe sometimes it can be a little confusing to find out how to do something, but it is a usual subject. Once you learn it's easy to manage the application

Selwyn F.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

A daily project management and todo list program used for my business and private life

Reviewed on 24/08/2017

Pros

After trying so many, this one allows different workspaces i.e. business, pleasure, projects etc
colour coded labels for urgency and importance and simple additional comments added to the same task or project along with a time clock for the work completed.
Can share comments with clients and teams working on the same project.
Each client is listed and additional tasks, comments and narrative histories are kept saved and backed up by Kitovu
Best of all is that emails can be forwarded from clients or myself to Kitovu to create tasks. Developers provide extremely fast support and service like no other organisation and so are extremely keen to resolve questions and get genuine feedback.
Great value and I highly recommend it for business and private life.

Cons

None so far, all of my questions have been answered by the developer and the product is always being improved. Help is near when using Kitovu

Eseosa I.

It gets the Job done!

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Overall, I'll say it gets the job done and the interface is fantastic as well so little to no learning curve in adopting it.

Pros

- Ease of use if the first thing that stood out to be with this product. Super intuitive and visually pleasing interface.

- I think it would be great for entrepreneurs and small business owners looking to organise activities and tasks

- Some of my favourite product features are the colour-coded importance markers and the time tab showing time spent on each task.

Cons

- The tool experiences some down-time every now and then, not sure if it's from my weak connection or from their servers perhaps

- Exporting saved contacts was a bit of a task to figure out

.Besides those, great product overall

Response from Kitovu

Thanks, Eseosa for the great feedback.

Fidelis A.

todo.vu for project tracking

Reviewed on 20/03/2021

My overall experience is impressive. Although is one of the first-hand project management software am using. They are supportive and very easy to set up projects.

Pros

todo.vu is a project management software. I use this software to manage our agency projects. It is a great software for freelancers as it helps me to list out the task I would like to carry to, set my due date, and start a count-down timer to measure the time it took me to complete each task and project. As a freelancer, I am rewarded to set up a task and project within the 14 days trial period so as to reduce my cost of the subscription. I can easily assign tasks and invite my team member via email to work on the same task. It is easy to use, easy to track projects and can be integrated with other app services.

Cons

todo.vu team needs to clarify and improve on their billing feature for new projects. They need to connect social media or other messaging platforms to help share the project progress with clients.

Response from Kitovu

Fidelis, thanks for your great feedback.

Jon P.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Amazing Project Management Software

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

As a small design company, I had been searching for a project management tool that was easy to use and navigate, that had all the segments and features I needed in it, and most importantly could fit my budget and scale as I grew. todo.vu has hit the sweet spot on all fronts. It gives us just enough flexibility to communicate and log what my team needs to in order to get the job done, but enough framework so that nothing falls through the cracks. The desktop and mobile interfaces are very user-friendly, so management and updates can be handled virtually anywhere. Checklists, Timelines, File Handling, Due Date, Delegation, Status, all the features are there!

Pros

I like that it is intuitive. It breaks down tasks, delegations to people, the scope of time and other smaller functions very well. I love how affordable it is. I think it's amazing.

Cons

Only 2 things really.
1) Can't export Contacts easily yet
2) I wish there was a stand alone time keeping function.

Brett H.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Vu'd be crazy not to give it a go

Reviewed on 16/03/2017

To Do Vu is finally sorting out two big problems for me:

1. A simple effective to do list that keeps me focussed.
2. A simple and effective way to capture my time and bill clients.

For those looking, let me save you some time. To Do Vu has what you need. As an accountant and real estate agent I have tried many, many task tracking apps and equally as many time tracking apps. I have also watch my clients try and fail many many such apps.

ToDo.Vu does what you want at a price point that is hard not to put it miles ahead of its competitors on value for money (value for money = features / price).

I have also noticed that they have been very active in developing the product. The features keep coming at a steady click and add further value each time. (Not just a pretty icon or a facelift).

Give it a go, stick with it, it's worth it.

Pros

Easy to use, lots of useful featues and great value for money

Christina D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

todo.vu trial

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

At the end of the trial, I found more billing hours than I usually would by tracking on a calendar system. That's real money.

Pros

It was easy to get started, learn and apply. Start up took a couple of minutes. Took 4 hours to master the whole thing. It rewards you for learning with real money. Setting up and tracking my client time, took me less than an hour.

Cons

The time start stop time is confusing.

Response from Kitovu

Wow, the perfect customer - no support required and figures it all out.

Christina, should you need any help, please do let us know. I'd love to know what you find confusing about the timer.

Thanks for taking the time to review todo.vu.

Ivan Y.

Does the job easily.

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

Pros

It is easy to use. Looks good. It doesn't bother you with unnecessary stuff. Has nice import/export features.

Cons

Some really minor issues, like it doesn't remember me, I need to login every day. And also can not remove "Important" flag from a task.

Response from Kitovu

Ivan, thanks for your great feedback. Regarding turning off Important flag - some settings can not be edited once a task is completed. This is to ensure preservation of data for historical records.

Petya M.

• Customer Support Software

I use the software at work and also at home.

Reviewed on 25/08/2018

It does what it must - it is a project and task manager, also time tracker, and CRM,a collaboration tool and also billing tool.

Pros

It offers enough features on the fair price. It is highly intuitive and easy to use. I like it a lot.

Cons

Maybe the short list of tasks at one time. Sometimes I have many tasks - at home and work and I want to be able to see them all.

Response from Kitovu

Petya, thanks for your feedback, we do appreciate it.

Bruno C.

Todo.vu is one of the best complete Task Management System

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

Pros

It packs in a single tool the most desirable functionalities, such: task management, team management, bill management and time tracking.

Cons

Some functionalities still needs some polish. Things like auto repeating tasks doesn't work very well in some cases, like when you need to do an edit in all of the repeating tasks or delete all of them.

Response from Kitovu

Bruno, thanks for the great feedback. We are currently testing our next release of repeating tasks which will introduce much more advanced sequence editing and resolve the issues relating to mass editing a sequence.

Sue H.

Great idea . . . needs some tweaking

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

Pros

I like that you can break a project down into smaller parts. The color coding is good. Icons are helpful, but I had to work to mold them into what worked for me.

Cons

Not at all intuitive. The Edit Timer function could be made much simpler. Only lists 5 existing tasks at a time, then you need to click again for the full list. I'd love to see a redesign of the screens themselves. I've trained myself to look at only the areas I need to see, but it seems cluttered to me, and it took a while before I really was confident about how it worked.

Response from Kitovu

Sue, thanks so much for the constructive feedback. We are working on new documentation and training videos at the moment.

Seray Ö.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

todo.vu is such a great collaboration software for technical design projects

Reviewed on 02/01/2021

todo.vu is a user-friendly technical design project managmeent program that helps us to manage all aspects of our project designs from one single platform. Pricing plan is extremely affordable and worths the price.

Pros

User interface is great, we can use the platform with full features without problem thanks to its user-friendly inteface. Customer service cares about the cases we report them and they are fast to solve the problems. $9 per user, per month is quite affordable price when compared with the other alternatives and when features are counted.

Cons

Indeed todo.vu works in a great way so far that's why there is nothing serious to mention as negative so far. Maybe third party inegration library can be extended with new programs.

Response from Kitovu

Thanks Seray, I appreciate you taking the time.

• Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Task manager with inbuild time tracking.

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

I was looking for a basic task manager to utilise time more efficiently and manage it. Todo is one of the best option available.

Pros

I am very happy to use todo.vu. It helps me with tracking time spent on a task. As a photographer, I work hourly basic. Now I can charge my client on the basis of time spent on the job.
The project as a folder helps me to keep everything in one place. Some times task needs a manual time adding for jobs like outdoor drone shot. I can easily add this time and bill later. Now when I can see how much time I need for a certain type of project, I can use time more effectively and earn some extra bucks.

Cons

I can't search any task in the project. I have to be an inside project to search for a certain task. This features will be very helpful.

Rico A.

• Customer Support Software

Todo.vu is great to use and document my activity and thoughts on projects I'm working on.

Reviewed on 21/01/2018

It helps me to easily keep up-to-date on my activities in my projects.

Pros

Ease of use, sits in the background and is updatable whilst you work. I also like that you can log time against the jobs.

Cons

There is nothing that immediately comes to mind that I dislike about the software. The only thing I can think of is the interface is a little generic perhaps? I'm thinking about MS Online interface as a more modern looking one, but this is not a big deal IMO.

Debjit B.

• Customer Support Software

Nice project task manager but average billing features.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

I love the time tracking feature, it is the only reason I am still using this service. One click and you get all the details on your tasks and project. This helps me to see and manage my time really efficiently. Manually logging time also gives me the ability to add time in a single invoice. Billing and CRM features are OK, I really don't use them much here. todo.vu needs to work on their UI better. All the menus overlapping I don't like. As a freelancer, it is a really good tool for my business.

Pros

I am using todo.vu for quite some time to manage some of my project and daily driver. It did very good work for track time for tasks and manage projects. Average billing facilities. You need to spend some time on this software to use as a daily driver. The task manager, todo list and project manager is confusing at first and need to get used to due to their UI.

Cons

Set up time hi huge. I think a better getting started wizard will help to set up quickly. The calendar view of todo is really needed to visualize my past work, with notes so I can found my last and latest updates.

Response from Kitovu

Debjit,
Thanks so much for such great constructive feedback.

Regards