todo.vu

47 Software options

Eseosa I.

It gets the Job done!

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Overall, I'll say it gets the job done and the interface is fantastic as well so little to no learning curve in adopting it.

Pros

- Ease of use if the first thing that stood out to be with this product. Super intuitive and visually pleasing interface.

- I think it would be great for entrepreneurs and small business owners looking to organise activities and tasks

- Some of my favourite product features are the colour-coded importance markers and the time tab showing time spent on each task.

Cons

- The tool experiences some down-time every now and then, not sure if it's from my weak connection or from their servers perhaps

- Exporting saved contacts was a bit of a task to figure out

.Besides those, great product overall

Trello

Reasons for Switching to todo.vu

I actually use both. One for personal projects and another for group projects, with todo.vu for the former. They both have their strengths I guess.

Response from Kitovu

Thanks, Eseosa for the great feedback.

Fidelis A.

todo.vu for project tracking

Reviewed on 20/03/2021

My overall experience is impressive. Although is one of the first-hand project management software am using. They are supportive and very easy to set up projects.

Pros

todo.vu is a project management software. I use this software to manage our agency projects. It is a great software for freelancers as it helps me to list out the task I would like to carry to, set my due date, and start a count-down timer to measure the time it took me to complete each task and project. As a freelancer, I am rewarded to set up a task and project within the 14 days trial period so as to reduce my cost of the subscription. I can easily assign tasks and invite my team member via email to work on the same task. It is easy to use, easy to track projects and can be integrated with other app services.

Cons

todo.vu team needs to clarify and improve on their billing feature for new projects. They need to connect social media or other messaging platforms to help share the project progress with clients.

Response from Kitovu

Fidelis, thanks for your great feedback.

Selwyn F.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

A daily project management and todo list program used for my business and private life

Reviewed on 24/08/2017

Pros

After trying so many, this one allows different workspaces i.e. business, pleasure, projects etc
colour coded labels for urgency and importance and simple additional comments added to the same task or project along with a time clock for the work completed.
Can share comments with clients and teams working on the same project.
Each client is listed and additional tasks, comments and narrative histories are kept saved and backed up by Kitovu
Best of all is that emails can be forwarded from clients or myself to Kitovu to create tasks. Developers provide extremely fast support and service like no other organisation and so are extremely keen to resolve questions and get genuine feedback.
Great value and I highly recommend it for business and private life.

Cons

None so far, all of my questions have been answered by the developer and the product is always being improved. Help is near when using Kitovu

Jon P.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Amazing Project Management Software

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

As a small design company, I had been searching for a project management tool that was easy to use and navigate, that had all the segments and features I needed in it, and most importantly could fit my budget and scale as I grew. todo.vu has hit the sweet spot on all fronts. It gives us just enough flexibility to communicate and log what my team needs to in order to get the job done, but enough framework so that nothing falls through the cracks. The desktop and mobile interfaces are very user-friendly, so management and updates can be handled virtually anywhere. Checklists, Timelines, File Handling, Due Date, Delegation, Status, all the features are there!

Pros

I like that it is intuitive. It breaks down tasks, delegations to people, the scope of time and other smaller functions very well. I love how affordable it is. I think it's amazing.

Cons

Only 2 things really.
1) Can't export Contacts easily yet
2) I wish there was a stand alone time keeping function.

Brett H.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Vu'd be crazy not to give it a go

Reviewed on 16/03/2017

To Do Vu is finally sorting out two big problems for me:

1. A simple effective to do list that keeps me focussed.
2. A simple and effective way to capture my time and bill clients.

For those looking, let me save you some time. To Do Vu has what you need. As an accountant and real estate agent I have tried many, many task tracking apps and equally as many time tracking apps. I have also watch my clients try and fail many many such apps.

ToDo.Vu does what you want at a price point that is hard not to put it miles ahead of its competitors on value for money (value for money = features / price).

I have also noticed that they have been very active in developing the product. The features keep coming at a steady click and add further value each time. (Not just a pretty icon or a facelift).

Give it a go, stick with it, it's worth it.

Pros

Easy to use, lots of useful featues and great value for money

Kim B.

Great Task Management System

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

It has beneficial for us to track clients & time spent. This helps us to determine our pricing, which is useful.

Pros

I love the way that I can task out our team based on client & project. Then view analytics about this. It helps in keeping track of employee's tasks, as well as how much time we spend on clients & projects.

Cons

When it comes to media, we would love to be able to share inside the app. We were able to do this in the beginning, but soon filled our data limit. Many of these files are not needed after the task is complete. In the help chat, I was able to gain access to the files in bulk - however there was no way to "select all" media & mass delete. I feel this would be a useful capability.

Christina D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

todo.vu trial

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

At the end of the trial, I found more billing hours than I usually would by tracking on a calendar system. That's real money.

Pros

It was easy to get started, learn and apply. Start up took a couple of minutes. Took 4 hours to master the whole thing. It rewards you for learning with real money. Setting up and tracking my client time, took me less than an hour.

Cons

The time start stop time is confusing.

Response from Kitovu

Wow, the perfect customer - no support required and figures it all out.

Christina, should you need any help, please do let us know. I'd love to know what you find confusing about the timer.

Thanks for taking the time to review todo.vu.

Ivan Y.

Does the job easily.

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

Pros

It is easy to use. Looks good. It doesn't bother you with unnecessary stuff. Has nice import/export features.

Cons

Some really minor issues, like it doesn't remember me, I need to login every day. And also can not remove "Important" flag from a task.

Response from Kitovu

Ivan, thanks for your great feedback. Regarding turning off Important flag - some settings can not be edited once a task is completed. This is to ensure preservation of data for historical records.

Petya M.

• Customer Support Software

I use the software at work and also at home.

Reviewed on 25/08/2018

It does what it must - it is a project and task manager, also time tracker, and CRM,a collaboration tool and also billing tool.

Pros

It offers enough features on the fair price. It is highly intuitive and easy to use. I like it a lot.

Cons

Maybe the short list of tasks at one time. Sometimes I have many tasks - at home and work and I want to be able to see them all.

Response from Kitovu

Petya, thanks for your feedback, we do appreciate it.

Bruno C.

Todo.vu is one of the best complete Task Management System

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

Pros

It packs in a single tool the most desirable functionalities, such: task management, team management, bill management and time tracking.

Cons

Some functionalities still needs some polish. Things like auto repeating tasks doesn't work very well in some cases, like when you need to do an edit in all of the repeating tasks or delete all of them.

Response from Kitovu

Bruno, thanks for the great feedback. We are currently testing our next release of repeating tasks which will introduce much more advanced sequence editing and resolve the issues relating to mass editing a sequence.

Sue H.

Great idea . . . needs some tweaking

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

Pros

I like that you can break a project down into smaller parts. The color coding is good. Icons are helpful, but I had to work to mold them into what worked for me.

Cons

Not at all intuitive. The Edit Timer function could be made much simpler. Only lists 5 existing tasks at a time, then you need to click again for the full list. I'd love to see a redesign of the screens themselves. I've trained myself to look at only the areas I need to see, but it seems cluttered to me, and it took a while before I really was confident about how it worked.

Response from Kitovu

Sue, thanks so much for the constructive feedback. We are working on new documentation and training videos at the moment.

Adra safiya K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Boost productivity

Reviewed on 18/08/2021

I love working with this software as it can help me to manage my daily task and making sure i finished all of my daily work on time.

Pros

It has a straightforward process for task management and the to-do list. The design is simple and easy to work with. I love that it has separate space for work related stuff, and a space for my personal task so it won't intertwined together and make it confusing between work or personal task.

Cons

I need to constantly clearing my media from the storage space, as they storage files is very limited and the price to upgrading the storage space is too expensive and not to worthy with the price tag. Other than those cons, i don't see anything else that i dislike with Todo.vu

Falisha Z.

Task tracking with todo.vu

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

Pros

Things that really stood up with todo.vu is, the details that the tools gives for task tracking and the task schedule. I love that it has time tracking that will kept the logs of time that i has spend for the task, and show the task percentage of completion. It help me to be more aware of my time management and average time that i has spend to finish a certain task.

Cons

The storage that are provided for media storage and data attachment is is rather limited and not enough. I had to constantly freeing up my project and task after some time, to make space for the new task resource. It will be best if it can integrated with other cloud storage service for this purpose.

Rudy M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Free Trial not enough to evaluate - might as well be scrapped

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

Frustrating

Pros

The look and feel, and the ease to create tasks, users and clients.

Cons

Installed desktop and IoS versions.
Mobile app hangs when trying to change workspace.
Mobile user cannot sign into same workspace, making the whole thing useless.
The lack of integrations.

Response from Kitovu

Rudy, thanks for your feedback.

We frequently extend the free trial for anybody who asks, so had you contacted us we would have gladly provided more time. I noticed that you've only had the trial for just 1 day - the free trial provides all premium functionality so I would really appreciate knowing what more you would find useful.

Checking your account I can see that you only have 1 workspace so there would be no need to change workspaces in such a situation.

We are unaware of any issues with the mobile app, but certainly, if you were to provide some info on what you experienced, we would investigate immediately.

If you've any interest, I'd be more than happy to talk to you more about how todo.vu works via email or a phone call.

Either way, I wish you all the best.

Angela H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great platform for time tracking!

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

I've enjoyed using it and definitely plan to keep on using it. For now I'm using the free solo option because that's all I need. If things change in the future I'll have no qualms upgrading. :)

Pros

I only use todo.vu for tracking my time. As a freelancer it's super important to keep an accurate time log, however it's also something I'm not good at. Todo.vu is great! You add a client, a project and a task and hit the stop/start button to time your activity. Easy peasy.

Cons

I didn't find it super intuitive from the get-go, but to be fair this probably has more to do with me than todo.vu. I'm inclined to be quite old school. Lol.

• Customer Support Software

Simple project and task manager with inbuild time tracking

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

I am impressed with the minimal but effective way of project management. It logs time, has a checklist for doing the task. I would like to see a time of copletitation in the checklist, a favorite and very important star sign like Google have in their email.

Pros

todo.vu have an old approach towards their UI. I really love the inbuild time tracking. It is a simple yet powerful project manager and I really like it.
I am impressed by how simple the workflow is for todo.vu. Its simple project and task are easy to handle. The task has a title description and checklist. This is all I need for my simple task and subtask manager.
Todo.vu has backlog time entry option, so I can create the task a manually add time to them.

Cons

Sometimes autosave can't reach the server and failed to save all the document which I have to recreate. The time start from -20sec. Sometimes When I click stop timer it didn't stop and keep running.

• Customer Support Software

Recent convert to ToDo.vu and we love it!

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

We are new to this system, but the customer support has been stellar. It also combines two or three systems we were using previously all into one. It's clean, intuitive, and easy to use. The built in timer is far and away the best one we've used as a company.

Pros

The UI and ease of use for this software is amazing. You can also search for tasks by almost any category you can think of. It's also "spam free" because you have to set up customer emails in the system for emails to be accepted. The reporting functions are awesome, and the built-in billing could be a huge asset if you're looking to integrate billing and reporting all in one spot. Customer support and responsiveness is THE BEST!

Cons

There are some features that are lacking, but I think that's due to how new the software may be. That being said, the support is top-notch and they listen to their customers, implementing things their customers need.

Mike R.

ToDo is a Must Try For Any Small Business

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Pros

Ease of use and user interface is attractive

Cons

All I need now is a reliable mobile app and to link this with the Microsoft suite

Response from Kitovu

Mike, thanks for the great feedback. The mobile app development is almost complete. Not too far away now.

Scott J.

• Customer Support Software

I love this young app which serves many functions and is growing fast

Reviewed on 31/01/2018

To review a worthwhile program that's up and coming but not yet getting noticed much.

Pros

It does all this: Project and task manager, time tracker, CRM, collaboration tool and billing.

Each is easily accessed, intuitive to understand and use.

This is a project for which the CEO is passionate about: he will assist with technical issues as he wants to understand how we use the service and the problems we have so it can be improved.

Cons

There's not much to dislike, though I wish there was an iPhone version. The CEO says it's in the works.

The timer doesn't trigger automatically when there is inactivity. This too is on the roadmap.

• Industry: Human Resources

ToDo is Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

We're using ToDo.vu to manage client tasks, track time, make notes, and collaborate on work. It is more streamlined than our previous management systems, and far less expensive. It's a win all around!

Pros

The built in time tracking - right in the same screen as tasks - is incredible! it has allowed us to capture more time and have fewer small increments fall through the cracks!

Cons

Unfortunately, we've had to do some workaround with repeating tasks and changing plans for our clients, but it's a relatively minor setback for all of the good things about this system!

Carlos G.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used for Free Trial

Hangs Up when creating "my First Workspace"

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

Nothing

Pros

I was unable to test it so it is difficult to say anythin

Cons

I just hanged up when trying to create a workspace, so, I decided not even to get it a try

Response from Kitovu

Carlos, I'm very sorry to hear of your experience. We have many thousands of active users so I'm sure this is an issue related to your setup. As with any web application, the performance will depend on your internet connection, your web browser and any plugins you may be running. If you contact our support at [email protected] then we will happily schedule a call to help you out.
***POST NOTE***
We managed to contact Carlos and discuss the issue. He tried again and it worked with no issues. So it does appear to have been a temporary connection issue related to his location and setup. To our knowledge nobody else has ever reported a similar issue and we have never been able to replicate the problem on any of our test systems.

• Customer Support Software

An average and cost effective todo management for users

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

Pros

- Todo.Vu is great when managing very small amount of project and tasks
- The pricing is good, and have a free option to try out before use

Cons

- The UI is not modern and the UX is bit bad, which lacks the feel of using modern app
- There is no mobile application provided which is essential nowadays.

Response from Kitovu

Thanks for your review. If you have any specific concerns about the UI I would encourage you to email us directly with suggestions, we really are keen to hear constructive feedback.

The UI is built on a very modern ReactJS framework. This provides us with auto save of all inputs, very fast server responses and compatibility with all modern browsers. But there is always room for improvement of UI elements.

I look forward to hearing from you directly.

Didier B.

• Customer Support Software

Best overall planning/time tracking tool with billing feature I have tried.

Reviewed on 01/03/2018

Worry-free time tracking and billing reports

Pros

One big competitive advantage of Todo.vu for me is the Time tab where I can visually file time spent on a project. It is intuitive and very well thought out. No other tool matches that ease-of-use and visual representation. I use the tool for a sole proprietorship business, and it can definitely do so much more, should I grow a team or have subcontractors, which was also important to me.

Initially, I had tried several tools in parallel, entering the same data in each tool for a week or so in order to make a decision about which tool to move forward with. While the initial ramp-up was a little more complex with Todo.vu, I also understood that there was more under the hood than the competitors I tried. They have various points of entry to do the same tasks, depending on your cognitive style, and once things are set to go with clients, billing rates, tasks, and projects, the daily activities are much easier with this tool than the others I have tried.

The billing section is another favorite of mine. It nicely displays the work, distributed across our projects. And it is so easy to create a billing report with given work, and get a link that you client can use to see the details of your work.

Last but not least, the support from the founder himself is truly outstanding! I
had encountered some minor issues as I use the tool very frequently over different timezones, and His responsiveness and time to resolution was world class.
Todo.vu is part of my daily work life!

Cons

For my initial setup, I was a little confused by the fact that the projects I entered took a little while to show up in the tool. I kept entering them, only to find a few minutes later that I had a bunch of duplicates. But that lag was a one time experience. Navigating the concepts as a first time user was overall a little more complex than other tools. Hence the 4-Star for ease-of-use. They have a 5-star ease-of-use for the daily activities once everything is set up.

Also, just very occasionally, their server can be down for (I guess) some maintenance. It would be great to receive a mail notice when this is about to happen. I has come as a surprise 2 or 3 times when I really needed to use the tool a that particular time. Because it is mainly a browser-based tool, there is no other mode of input for me. They do not have an iOS mobile offering that could accept entries locally and push to the cloud when servers become available.

Sofia F.

• Customer Support Software

Amazing. I run every aspect of my business with it. A perfect fit for freelancers and...

Reviewed on 30/08/2017

My work and time got easier to manage and my productivity increaded. I send more time designing and less trying to get organized.

Pros

The ability to manage tasks, projets, budgets and billing in just one place. That alone would be amazing, but this guys added time management for the whole team. Most apps have task management or time management. This one has everything and it blends perfectly.

The interface is intuitive and the learning curve real quick. The price is amazing.
The support is quick and effective and new funcionalities are launched frequently.

I love this app. Best thing i ever subscribed!!

Ashlie L.

AWESOME for freelancers & solopreneurs

Reviewed on 26/09/2017

All the features I need with none I don't.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use and intuitive. I like that I can customize colors, tags, and I looooooove the checklists within a task. I reviewed over 15 other project management tools and this is the one I came back to time and time again. There aren't features that you don't need that just get in the way or make use more complicated than it should be. I am a freelancer / solopreneur and I struggled to find the right solution until this came along.

Cons

No way to set up recurring tasks yet (read that it's in the roadmap, but I don't know how long that will be), task durations (for things that might take more than a day to complete). And there realllly needs to be a mobile app so that I can add and complete tasks on the road, as well as update time.