1,178 reviews

ClockShark

GPS Time Tracking for Construction and Field Service

4.7 /5 (1178 reviews) Write a Review!

1,178 reviews
Jason W.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

The Game Changing App

Reviewed on 29/11/2020

It has been a game changer. And I dont say this lightly. To be quick view 2-3 weeks ago, on a certain employee or job, is so useful. Also the vacation requests feature is so practical for me. I was struggling to keep it all straight - who/when/how many days requested. That was a task!! Now once approved, I can look ahead at approved vacation requests and take into account when scheduling. Also, its keeps both parties honest. If there wasn't a vacation request sent, then the employee didnt "ask" for the time off and it makes less awkward when you get a conflict related to that time off request.

Pros

Being able to track/record the hours worked by each of my employees has been a great tool. And in different task categories is also useful as it relates to different parts of the invoice process with my customers. Now I dont have to text/email every time I am uncertain about something during their work day. (ex. How many hours on this job, how many hours doing this task, how many hours spent driving between jobs, etc etc)

Cons

I have been inquiring if the development team could come out with some kind of trackable unit. In our case, I'd like the crew lead to be able to enter km for each job and maybe a total for the day. Then I can know what to bill to the client and I'd know what the employee gets compensated for. I just used mileage as an example. It could be supplies used or whatever - to suit whatever the vendor uses for materials, etc. For the interim, my crew leads just enter comments. However, this doesnt transfer over to the timesheet summaries. So it creates a little more work on the management side.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Jason!

This is great news! We really appreciate your positive, thorough review! By the sounds of it, you will really love the conversations feature we just released! I'm really happy to hear that ClockShark is helping with so many aspects of your business and we appreciate your feedback! Thank you again!

Jessica T.

• Customer Support Software

Best Software for Any Company!

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

This solved my time tracking issues with my staff, its easy to use and very efficient. Scheduling jobs has also been easy and great using this software.

Pros

The product is easy to use and has multi purpose features for customizing your needs. I love the hour to minute time tracking as other apps I've used has decimals to minutes that confuse my staff. Additionally I love that you are able to add pictures along with clock in/out, helps greatly with tracking and record keeping.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software, its amazing!

Response from ClockShark

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the 5/5 star review! So glad to hear that you are enjoying the many features that ClockShark has to offer, such as the GPSTrak Feature. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

David H.
  • Industry: Legal Services

• Customer Support Software

I have tried several different time trackers since I opened my business and this is the best.

Reviewed on 03/10/2017

The ability to easily track employee hours. They can add notes and even attachments when using the app. The software works with Quickbooks and makes it easy to export time sheets directly into Quickbooks.

Pros

I like the ability to designate which jobs different employees can access. The software has gotten better over time and the owner/developer is very responsive and obviously cares about the quality of their product. They continually ask what users want to see added and have instituted changes I (and many others) asked for. Employees are reminding to clock in and out when they hit designated geofences. I use this for my office staff as well as my investigators who work in the field.

Cons

I really don't have any issues with this software. Maybe the ability for the software to text message reminders as well as send push notifications would be nice.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, David. Thanks for sharing your review of ClockShark here on Capterra. It's the perfect forum for sharing what you'd like to see added to the product, and we love your feedback. The suggestion to have a text message reminder is one we get frequently, so I'll add your support to that idea in our Voting Page so it can get more traction.

I love to hear that the GPS Fences are reminding employees to clock in and out from the field, and that you've noticed all the many improvements we're continually making to get ClockShark even better for you. We appreciate your letting us support your company. If you ever need anything, please let us know. All the best, David! -Morgan-

Haley L.

Love it!

Reviewed on 16/08/2018

I love Clockshark. They are always on top of their customer service and I feel cared for and valued as a customer any time I come to them with any questions or concerns whatsoever. I have never seen this level of customer support from any other company, which only reinforces our decision to go with them in the first place! It was exactly what we needed and were looking for!

Pros

I love this software because it consolidates the time/payroll keeping process. It simplifies something that can get really overwhelming and helps us to keep a closer eye on what jobs to bill for labor! It's awesome. We love it.

Cons

The only thing about it is the phone app - I would like to see some upgrades to the app! It looks different on the Boss's phone and both of our employees phones too. For younger folks who grew up in the technological world it seems simple, but for someone who did not it can get confusing. I would just like to see the phone app streamlined a little bit!

Response from ClockShark

Hey There, Haley! I'm kind of a numbers nerd, and I counted that you used the word "love" 4x in your review. We LOVE to hear that! So glad to know that ClockShark keeps things from getting overwhelming, and allows you to better track hours and keep billing accurate. We work hard so that you will love ClockShark, and we're mega glad that you do.

Also, thanks for the feedback on the mobile app. Our development team is sprucing up the experience in the app, so you should see some streamlined features soon that make using it even easier. :)

We're really thrilled to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Haley! I'll be sure to pass along your appreciation to the Customer Success team. Never be shy about reaching out to them with questions, or if you just want to talk to the friendliest sharks in the world.

Have a great weekend, Haley!

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

Tara G.

• Customer Support Software

Good Construction Time Clock, easy to use with great customer support.

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

Everyone can clock in/out from their own phones and since there is GPS you can see exactly where they are when they do to prevent fraud. This software makes it easier than using traditional time clocks or paper since employees are always going to different job sites with construction.

Pros

I like the app and how easy it is to use for all employees. They are always making updates and now you can link. ClockShark to QuickBooks. The customer support is great, it's very easy to start an online chat and get help. I think it is easy for most people to learn and the admin features are not complicated either. The price is also lower than most that I have researched!

Cons

The app does not run as well on older phones, it used to sometimes have issues allowing employees to clock in or out that had phones that were more than a few years old.

Response from ClockShark

Hey There, Tara! Thanks for sharing your experience with ClockShark here on Capterra! We're really happy to hear that ClockShark is easy to use for your team, and that the QuickBooks integration has been helpful too! We're always adding new features, so we'll keep you updated on those!

Glad to have you on board the ClockShark team, Tara! If you ever have any questions, suggestions, or you just want to chat with sociable sharks, feel free to reach out! Have an excellent week!

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

Justin F.

• Customer Support Software

Clockshark has taken the paper waste and time out of our payroll and streamlined the whole...

Reviewed on 01/01/2018

Easy hours and job tracking for the whole company. Billing has been streamlined and insurance needs are easy to assess. Payroll is now easy to verify and check periodically. This software has also greatly increased our flexibility as employees can go straight to the job site and clock in on their device.

Pros

Being able to track each employee digitally is huge, but the biggest issue for our company is the accountibility to track each hour to a specific job which in turn saves us thousands annually in insurance costs. With ClockShark we are able to track who worked what job and when, which allows us to only pay insurance premiums when we actually use and need it versus being charged for the year in the most expensive bracket they can put us in.

Cons

Not being able to turn off the GPS tracking from the administrative side of it. The GPS tracking function is helpful at times, but if always left on it drains the device battery nearly instantly. To circumvent this, every one of our employees must go into their settings and specifically disable the GPS for it on their phones. Our less than tech savey employees have struggled with this.

Response from ClockShark

Hey there, Justin :)

By George, that's great to hear that using ClockShark has resulted in instant savings and accountability for your company. You might be one of our first customers who's shared the impact using ClockShark has had on insurance payments. Saving thousands annually: how fantastic! Keep us in the loop on all good things you keep noticing.

And that's a great observation about the GPS. In each employee's profile in ClockShark, you can disable the requirement for GPS Trak and GPS Location Services, but employees should also disable it in their device. Where to do that in a device isn't always readily clear, so if any of your employees need help finding that, feel free to let us know. Our customer success team is always ready to help. :)

Payroll, billing, hours-tracking: thanks for sharing all the things ClockShark has helped out with, Justin. Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team. Have an excellent rest of you day!

Charles H.

• Customer Support Software

8 Reasons to use ClockShark!

Reviewed on 31/03/2017

When I left my last company (contractor), the only thing I brought with me to my new company was ClockShark. We just finished our first payroll and billing cycle using ClockShark at my new company (property management) and it was:

1. Easy to setup and train employees on app - no more paper timesheets, no more late timesheets, no more inaccurate timesheets.
2. A breeze to connect to QuickBooks - no more data entry, only minor manipulation once entered.
3. Efficient - our billing and payroll is based on exact hours entered vs. rounded manual timesheets.
4. Accurate - no glitches in reporting or in the app.
5. Cost effective - the price point is very reasonable.
6. Easy to maintain - if a new job starts, it may take 20 seconds to set it up.
7. GPS - know where your employees are and the GPS Fence reminds them to update their time clock when they leave one job and move to the next.

Most importantly,

8. The best support staff - Kevin, Luke and Cliff will spend time with you to insure you are set up correctly and the product does what you need it to do. They also ask for suggestions to make it better and actually act on those suggestions.

I would recommend this product to any company that has multiple jobs and multiple employees to manage in those jobs. It does the trick and then some.

Thanks ClockShark!

Pros

Read the review - all pros are there

Cons

no cons at this point

David E.
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

My staff practiced for one pay period (2 weeks) before going live right after Christmas

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

More accurate job tracking/costing; easier payroll processing; ability to go back and review data; numerous slice and dice reports.

Pros

As president, I do payroll. The ClockShark reports make that task far easier than the spreadsheet I used to use. Last week (first week of a pay period) I noted that one of the jobs had way too many hours. Another report directed me to who it was that had misunderstood. I now need to manually redirect his time to the proper job so our job accounting is correct.

Cons

Personally, I'm finding it hard to remember to punch in and out. I've not worked a time-clock job since 1983, so it's an old habit I'm finding difficult to resurrect. I've had no complaints from the staff. One person does not have a smart phone, so she must enter time from her home computer. I needed to give her a little bit of admin access in order to do this, but it's not been a problem.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, David :)

Thanks for testifying to all of the immediate benefits you've had after using ClockShark for just a couple of months. We love to hear that ClockShark has helped you with your payroll process and its accuracy. What a great story about being able to find the error in the hours and correct it before cutting the checks!

We're glad that the staff are enjoying using it, and that you were able to use the "Manager Permissions" to accommodate your employee who doesn't have a smart phone. That's exactly how to use those permissions. :)

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know. You mentioned sometimes forgetting to clock in/out, and we'd love to show you some of the reminders available in ClockShark that can help with that. (Not that you'll need them forever: you're going no have that old habit resurrected in no time!)

Welcome to the ClockShark team, David. We're here to help your business, so just let us know what we can do. Have a tremendous day!

Jody R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

ClockShark for Lawn Care Business

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

Very good with no glitches to speak of so far.

Pros

Easy to use. My guys are not good with computers but they can figure this out.

Cons

Integration with quickbooks can be a learning curve but do not hesitate to get in touch with their awesome support staff. They fixed me right up.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Jody,

Thanks for the 5-star review. So glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your employees to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Leitreanna B.

excellent!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

Organization has improved, productivity has improved, and reports have been more accurate and faster.

Pros

I appreciate the ability to run reports per assignment. I also like that there is fencing on the location of the clock in for each employee. I am very fond of the ability to sort locations and ability to create locations as needed. The new feature of attaching documents within an assignment has saved lots of time. The ability to color code the assignments, locations, employees, etc., has helped me organize and prepare employees easily. I appreciate that I can delete employees and I do not loose the employee work history. The calendar is long so I can add work assignments out as far as I like and it will be accessible and organized.

Cons

I would like the ability to copy/paste an assignment such as Monday assignment copy - then paste to another day. In addition, I would like the ability to add a job while still in the scheduling mode. I have to go all the way to the job tab, set up the job and save, then sort back through to the correct calendar schedule to assign the job. Something that would help everyone would be a notes section. While thinking about adding jobs within the calendar area, adding an employee in the calendar area would help also.

Angelique F.

• Customer Support Software

ClockShark is much more than a time sheet system. It's intuitively easy w/excellent customer...

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Pros

From logging time, to adding jobs and tasks, to syncing with QuickBooks, ClockShark is super easy to use. Both the website and app are very user friendly for administrators and employees. I love that our employees can easily add notes and pictures through the app. Gone are the days when job-site pictures never made it from our employees' phones to our server. Now our employees take pictures directly from the app, and we back those up to our server for quality control and marketing purposes.

The GeoFence ensures employees are only getting paid for the time they are on the job site, and if they forget to sign out, ClockShark clocks them out as soon as they leave the GeoFence.

ClockShark has lots of other cool features, like lots of reporting options that make it easy to see how much time it is taking to complete jobs and the ability to create a schedule and plan work. However, the best thing about ClockShark is its customer service. Customer representatives are just a click away. I'm constantly using the chat area to get answers to my questions. Just today I needed some help that required a little more of a hands-on approach, and one of the rep instantly called me, connected to my computer, and showed me what I needed to do. He even showed me something I didn't know about QuickBooks.

I highly recommend ClockShark.

Cons

I seriously can't think of any cons. I love everything about ClockShark and haven't found any flaws to date.

Destyny M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

We love ClockShark

Reviewed on 14/08/2020

I love the chat feature in CS. I am able to always chat someone and get my questions answered right way. I think that the chat features saves the conversation, so I can refer back to it.

Pros

I love the easy of the mobile app! We had ClockShark and left for 3 months to try APD Time & Attendance... and now we're back! Nothing beats the ease of the mobile app for clocking in and out. I love that I can GPS track my staff. They work in the field and this keeps them honest and holds them accountable.

Cons

I wish I could port easy into our payroll software APD... it probably can but I just haven't tried it yet.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Destyny!

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! I'm glad you came back! I'm also happy to hear you are utilizing our Support. You've always been a pleasure to speak with!

But yes! You are correct, we do have a direct integration with both ADP Run and WorkForce Now so you can easily use the integration for your payroll and save even more time. I'd be happy to have your ClockShark Success Manager reach out about getting that set up! Feel free to chat/call in anytime!

Hugh L.
  • Industry: Maritime

ClockShark Review

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

My experience with ClockShark has been very good and rely on it for everyday scheduling.

Pros

One of the big features about this software besides keeping track of time per hr. on a job is that you can keep track of what stage a job is in. Customer info and what the job is about is very important with us. In the marine electronic and electrical field our work is up and down the coast. Having vessel info and customer info on our mobile device is a great time saver not to mention that info can be updated in the office at any time.

Cons

I have to go into the admin list to enter and get customer and job info.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Hugh! Thanks for your review! We're so glad you are finding value in our product and saving time with ClockShark! As far as adding and reviewing customer information, I see what you're referring to. That's excellent feedback! I can bring that to the product team or you can reach out to them with your insight directly at [email protected] We'll use your feedback to improve.

Stephanie T.

• Customer Support Software

Clockshark has made tracking time for multiple jobs a breeze!!

Reviewed on 15/11/2017

Pros

The guys are in control of there time. They have to be responsible enough to clock in and out or they don't get paid. Kinda nice to weed out people who just don't fit here.

Cons

No way to communicate with them thru the app. It would be nice to be able to leave them notes or reminders.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, Stephanie. :) Thank you for sharing your review of ClockShark! I am really happy to hear that using the software has made tracking time a breeze! (As sharks, we're particularly biased for sea-breezes, but a breeze at time tracking is our specialty!) It's also great that it's contributed to a higher degree of accountability and responsibility.

We do hear from our customers that they would like to be able to send messages via the app, so we will consider this for a future update. If it's okay with you, I'll add your support to that idea on our Voting Page. If you have any other suggestions or ideas, you can reply to the email I'll send you and let me know. I love to hear customer feedback.

Thanks for being a part of the ClockShark team, Stephanie. We're really happy to be supporting your company. -Morgan-

Easy to Implement, Huge time saver

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

The communication from ClockShark has made the everything from the implementation process through actively using the platform not less than easy.

Pros

This product has cut down on the monotonous and time consuming data input previously required to provide and approve timesheets for payroll. The integration with QuickBooks was efficient and convenient.

Cons

There are some minor issues with overlapping geofencing and continual notifications, but these can easily be adjusted through our settings. It would be nice for GPS tracking to be available even after an employee edits their timesheet.

Response from ClockShark

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad you're receiving 5 star support and saving your business time and energy! As far as the GPS tracking, that should not disapear unless the time was completely deleted! If you reach out to support I'm sure we can get to the bottome of this :) Thank you again for your feedback!

Imad S.

• Customer Support Software

Construction program management for hospitality and multi story buildings.

Reviewed on 02/02/2018

tracking employees and assigning time spent for each project

Pros

1. Track employees with time and location.
2. Ability to create multiple departments (ie. field construction, Office construction, Design, Accounting, Legal, etc..).
3. Ability to create different tasks within the departments to track time and budget.
4. Ability to create multiple job locations for the projects.
5. Can assign employees to one or more department and allow different levels of access to other areas.

Cons

have some confusion between location and jobs that are similar, may be different industry would have use for that.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Imad! Thanks so much for taking the time to review ClockShark! It's great to hear how easy and convenient it is to manage your employees with ClockShark. Awesome! Thanks for letting us support your business. If you need anything, just let us know! -Morgan @ ClockShark-

Pablo G.

Feedback for the ClockShark Team

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Sales team was awesome, tech and customer support awesome as well. Only on my second pay period using the system but so far so good.

Pros

ClockShark has provided features to my daily time accounting that weren't available to me in my previous software. The app is awesome and easy to use. It's given me the ability to provide employees with features that make my job easier! That's invaluable!

Cons

Not much I don't like thus far. Haven't used it long enough to provide a thorough assessment.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Pablo!

Thanks so much for the positive review. I'm happy we're able to make your job easier! That's the goal :) We're happy to have you onboard, and if you ever come across anything less favorable give us a call at 1-800-828-0689 and we can help!

Ron M.

Florida Custom Home Builder

Reviewed on 01/04/2020

We started using it and then tried other services that were included with software we were already using. In the end we returned to ClockShark as it was the system that functions best for us.

Pros

Helps for quick easy allocation of labor for more accurate job costing
GPS feature allows us to know who is working at a moments glance
excellent support from Clockshark

Cons

GPS feature should not allow clocking in outside of a certain site radius and should automatically clock people out beyond a pre-set radius
Should send notifications when someone forgets to clock out - can be done by client setting a max workday unless overridden

Response from ClockShark

Hello Ron,

Thank you for your 5-star review. Glad to hear that you enjoy our Who's Working Now feature to see who and when your employees are working. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Geoffrey D.

12.14.18

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Overall, a good experience with Clock Shark. Again, we chose it for it's ease of use and ability to interface with our software. THANKS TO CSR for helping me with today's request; well done. :-)

Pros

It's ability to interface with Microsoft Xcel.

Cons

A couple of things I don't care for. After making a change/edit to an individual's time, you go back to the beginning of ALL the names when you return to timecard. That's a hassle. Also, reaching out to your support for some easy reports, like, printing a csv report all current active jobs.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Geoffrey,
Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to hear that you are having a good experience with ClockShark.

Stacy P.

Best Customer Sevice!

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

These guys are great to work with! They are friendly, fast to respond and a great bunch of guys/gals!

Pros

I love not having to manually enter time cards anymore. we would spend a full day entering and cost coding their times. Now Clockshark does that for us!

Cons

My issues have been with Rivit who is the one who handles the exporting of time. I have had issues with them a few months ago, but can say they have worked on them and havent had any problems in a few months.

Response from ClockShark

Hi there Stacy,

Thank you for your 5/5 star review. Happy to hear that you LOVE not having to manually enter in employee time cards by using ClockShark. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Lorri H.

Clock Shark Review

Reviewed on 15/06/2020

We have been using paper time sheets for 23 years... This is a huge change and time saver!

Pros

The software is easy to use and tracks the job costs and different pay rates for our union employees. It's great!

Cons

The only thing I would like to see changed in the ability to be able to approve time from the ap. Our supervisors are in the field and don't have easy access to a computer. They need to be able to approve time from their phones.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Lorri,

Thanks for the review! We are so glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for both you and your employees to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Monique N.

• Customer Support Software

ClockShark was a great find!

Reviewed on 01/11/2016

It has saved us time, money and headache by switching to ClockShark. The setup time is minimal and my guys had an easy time getting used to the app for clocking in and out. I love the tracking & reporting system and we love the ease of pulling the reports for data we need.

Pros

I like how easy the software is to use as an employee clocking in and as an administrator who uses it for reporting & payroll.

Cons

Some of our guys experience "Syncing" issues but those problems usually resolve themselves and happen rarely.

Tanya J.

Very Hepful

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Pros

Very easy to use, love the payroll reports that I can print out.

Cons

Can't think of anything right now, my company had switched to T Sheets hated it

Alba V.

I love this app!

Reviewed on 17/07/2017

Saving money in payroll, now that our employees can only charge us for what they actually work.

Pros

This app works really good for our company, we are a concrete company and this has helped us so much, we don't have any issues with it. It is great for certified payroll becuase it is much easier to keep track of every emplolyees hours. Also now that we have this app we are doing more production in less hours. It is really easy to use we have a few older people that are not good with technology but the app is so easy to use each of our employees uses it, with no problems. We have been using this app for almost 2 years!

Cons

That it lets you know when you edit the employee time on the main page.

Deborah W.

Ease of Use & Incredible Value

Reviewed on 18/09/2017

Peace of mind

Pros

There isn't any setup or training time required. It is backed by the best support staff who are incredibly responsive. They often ask for input on what feature or upgrade clients want next. We only use ClockShark for our construction staff. We have added our sub-contractors to the program, we know when and where they log in and out. The GPS Mapping is unmatched with the affordability.

Cons

I would like more control on custom reports, but they are upgrading the software and I'm sure that is in the works.