eSchedule

Powerful Workforce Management for EMS, Fire and Police

4.7 /5 (53 reviews) Write a Review!

Cody D.

• Customer Support Software

emsEschedule is a robust platform that allows us to easily manage the daily aspects of our...

Reviewed on 08/06/2017

Pros

1. Availability and tracking of availability submission.
2. Log File by User/Date-Time is excellent
3. Uploading PDF of certifications is something we're just starting to use but is excellent.
4. Time clock exceptions are very easy to navigate
5. Emailing membership has gotten extremely user-friendly.
6. Mobile enhancements have made on the go management much easier. An App would be great though.

Cons

1. When removing someone from a shift from the master schedule, you can no longer tag them for that shift when marking them absent. Conversely, if you mark them absent, it won't let you fully remove them from the shift.
2. There are no user generated reports. Example- How often are crews clocking out late? Need something more robust than just going back to the old records, exporting, and massaging the data in excel.
3. Not being able to generate quarterly/yearly etc reports.
4. It would be nice to have a way to view the documents housed in the document library without having to download every one.
5. When someone transitions from Volunteer Staff to Paid staff, all of their hours convert with them. It's difficult if not impossible at the end of the year to look back and see which hours are which.
6. It would be nice if we could put in data validations, or prompts if certain actions are taken by administrators.

Response from eSchedule

Cody - Thanks for the review! As you know, we're always adding new features. We will take all of your input/ideas and incorporate them into future upgrades. Thank you.

Roman A.

An easy decision

Reviewed on 06/04/2017

Prior to using EMSeSchedule, our department used hand written schedules for each position, on each apparatus, at each station. As you can imagine, this was a nightmare with just the number of papers needed. We routinely had to fix errors that were made because of having to transfer information from one place to another, in some instances, multiple times. We also used paper time sheets that were filled out by our employees, so accountability for the times written down, wasn't always the best. EMSeSchedule gave our department an affordable, easy to use solution to both of our problems. Initially, our EMS Chief was apprehensive about switching to an electronic system because he and computers don't get along very well. However, now he can easily prepare our monthly schedule and has no issues clocking in and out or reviewing how many hours our employees have. The support staff have been extremely helpful, often times responding and fulfilling requests the same day, even a few times, the same hour that I've emailed them. I would recommend EMSeSchedule to any department looking to upgrade their time clock and scheduling because it is easy to use and easy to understand.

Pros

Ease of use, quick response of support staff.

Cons

Cost is always an issue for any department. Additionally, I wish some of the views were a little more customizable..

Response from eSchedule

Roman,

We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to write a review of eSchedule. Even more, the feedback and insight you've offered is extremely helpful.

Thank you.

Donald K.

• Customer Support Software

Great customer service, very responsive to customer needs.

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Pros

The modular aspect! The time clock is a very valuable feature. My staff loves the cloud based system. I have never had product support on any program that has been as responsive as this company's staff has been, they have replied to me within the hour 99% of the time I have called with a question. I also love the weekly open shift reminder to all staff members.

Cons

I wish it would have a shift reminder component to remind staff of upcoming shifts. When people logged on for the first time there is a another product with a very similar log on that routed people to an obscure site, this caught about 25% of our staff asking what did I just get everyone into? Maybe allow individuals to set their view up as they like midnight to midnight or 6a to 6a because I can't make everyone happy.

Response from eSchedule

Donald, thanks for taking the time to write this review. Greatly appreciated. As we discussed, it sounds like some of your members were using an incorrect URL which brought them to a different website. Once they used the correct URL, all was well! For the shift reminder suggestion, we recommend using the iCal calendar sync feature. If there is anything else we can do for you at anytime, please let us know.

Todd F.

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

All of you have been awesome and we are so thankful for this. A BIG THANK YOU to the customer representative as she has been the best asset we have in this venture and she makes it very easy to work with. The product is great and easy to use. Customer service is awesome and hope you continue to grow and expand.

Pros

The first thing is that it keeps all of our department documents and vehicle information in one place. It so nice to be able to go to one location and see everything you need. At one point we had several different programs to do what this one product does.

Cons

We need to have an App. I have saved the sign on screen to all toughbooks but we still would like a app .
The only other change I would make would be to give some flexibility to admins to change some of the things that we have to call you all for. It would free up time and resources for you all and less headaches.
Not enough storage space for all the PDF docs.

Jody J.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

EMS eSchedule

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

The benefit of the program is having an online program that all employees have the ability to check their schedule and minimize out of service time. The app is a great asset for on the go management.

Pros

The ease of adding employees to the system, credentialing and setting up schedules.

Cons

The program is slow on the upload of changes and sometimes the information is lost if not saved due to connectivity.

Joseph S.

• Customer Support Software

Best value and service we’ve seen!

Reviewed on 05/07/2019

Absolutely great team to work with. Very cost efficient, tremendous setup staff, and customer service has been terrific.

Pros

Easy to use for all access levels, payroll side is a breeze for administrators.

Cons

No real dislikes, would like to be able to send out find coverage alerts from the calendar, but we make it work just fine.

Response from eSchedule

Thanks for taking time to give us this great feedback. We're so pleased that you're enjoying your experience with us!

Leslie L.

• Customer Support Software

We have been using eSchedule for almost 10 years and have been quite pleased with the product.

Reviewed on 13/04/2015

We are excited to see a new and fresh updated look at some point this year. Sometimes there are still time out errors when trying to update the schedule. The program at times seems slow but there are number of variables that may contribute to this, that are out of your control. My point of contact has always been Dave and sometimes replies take more than a week. Perhaps when we have a technical issue, I should be routing those questions elsewhere.

I have recommended the product to a number of other services. We are still using emergencyreporting.com for our vehicle maintenance and equipment inventory tracking as their product meets our needs better. If eschedule's maintenance modules had more options as ER does, we would love to use one product.

Response from eSchedule

Thank you, Leslie, for the helpful feedback. We're equally excited about the new look of the software that is coming soon! Please know that we take each of the concerns you mention here very seriously. We're working hard to keep up with our tremendous growth which brings some growing pains as you might imagine. One of these areas is with our support team. We've added staff to meet the support needs of our customers as well as a support line and email. Please never hesitate to contact us at 585.419.6288 x2 or [email protected] which will route your issue to multiple team members at once. Thank you.

Ethan W.

eSchedule Review

Reviewed on 06/02/2021

So far, customer service and ease of use have been stellar. Very happy with our purchase.

Pros

Setup and customization were excellent and easy.

Cons

The formatting of the schedule is a little crowded.

Denise W.

• Customer Support Software

Great company that values volunteers

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

We are a small community in rural New Mexico with a Volunteer Fire/EMS that spent days trying to put together a reliable schedule. Now our volunteers (that are spread out by 75 miles) can get online, submit availability, see the schedule, upcoming meetings, log training, and work events with the click of a mouse. This has been a lifesaver, not only for our station but for our community, as we know we have proper coverage at all times. EMSEschedule gets it and they graciously extended us a discount because of our volunteer status. Much appreciated.

Response from eSchedule

Thank you, Denise! We're ecstatic to have helped make such an impact in your community.

Alex C.

• Customer Support Software

The ability to split shifts an infinite number of ways is very helpful for a volunteer...

Reviewed on 09/04/2015

The scheduling function works very well and is easy to use. Some of the other functions are not as easy to use such as the training module. The one big thing that I wish there was the capability of was to be able to create my own custom forms and modify them when I need to. The other function associated with the forms is the ability to have the form be locked from editing by basic users once it is submitted.

Response from eSchedule

Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of eSchedule. We appreciate it! Your ideas have been added to the list of future enhancements.

Clinton B.

Easy to use Scheduling!

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and the features are tailored to my business. Support is easy to get a hold of.

Cons

It took me a while to get setup. i wish I was up and running faster than I did but over all no complaints

Scott F.

Olathe Fire

Reviewed on 29/06/2020

It works but it is more difficult to navigate through then other programs I am familiar with

Pros

Time cards are easier then the manual way we did it before the software.

Cons

On mobile device sometimes takes going through the selections a couple of times for it to open up the part of the app i want opened. There are no flags for open shifts so it is easy to miss that a particular day is not fully staffed. There are no text alerts for shifts. The new update to payroll has made printing the page off difficult. We have never been able to export to the payroll software correctly, it continued to delete stuff in our payroll software so we still manually enter it into that software.

Response from eSchedule

Scott Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate it! Our Support Team has reached out to you so that we can address your questions and concerns. A number of these are easily addressed and are possible within eSchedule. Thanks again!

Brad M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

• Customer Support Software

Great solution to combine many functions

Reviewed on 06/02/2021

Pros

eSchedule has been great in allowing us to combine several different systems such as scheduling, time and attendance, certificate expiration tracking, continuing education and messaging all under one platform, making the end use for both our administrators and our employees much easier!

Cons

The mobile app is a bit cumbersome - it is just a mobile version of the website and not an app. We have been promised an app is coming down the road.

Jim G.

• Customer Support Software

eSchedule provides our department the ability to utilize a fluid schedule model.

Reviewed on 11/03/2018

Pros

Employees and Watch Commanders along with others who have scheduling responsibilities enjoy the ability to interact through the software to insure proper staffing levels. Last minute shift swaps and changes are easily conducted directly between the involved members guaranteeing no unexpected vacancies.

Cons

I understand the eSchedule team is working toward additional customization of the program that will enhance the user interface and allow for shift colors to be displayed.

Mike T.

• Customer Support Software

We have used this product over 5 years and would highly recommend to other services.

Reviewed on 24/05/2017

We had our payroll process streamlined and and our scheduling has been simplified.

Pros

Makes our payroll process a breeze. Scheduling is simplified and open slots can be filled quickly through the bid process. Allows quick and easy dissemination of information and allows us to upload a full library of our documents and standing orders.

Response from eSchedule

Mike ¿ We're so glad you're happy with eSchedule. Thank you for being a long-time customer and supporter!

Molly S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

eSchedule Software

Reviewed on 10/04/2020

Whenever I've had a question or needed guidance, it was extremely fast. I submit an email with my request and I'm answered in a matter of minutes! There is a three hour time difference between us and they still are quick to answer, even at odd hours. They truly know the pulse and scheduling of EMS!

Pros

Integrating into our agency was very simple. The staff at eSchedule are very knowledgeable about their product and explain things thoroughly.

Cons

The least thing I like about eSchedule is not having an app for my phone.

Response from eSchedule

Thanks, Molly! We have plans to create an 'app' in the near future. In the meantime, eSchedule is mobile friendly and can be accessed from any mobile device.

Bj L.

• Customer Support Software

It was a pleasure dealing with you!

Reviewed on 19/12/2015

We have been using your system for 6 months now and it is appreciated by both the administration and all our volunteers. The administration has everyones records and certifications at their fingertips. The e-mail and member list portions are used regularly.The volunteers have continuous access to their training records and are able to see what they have done and what still needs to be accomplished. They get automatic e-mails to remind them of their upcoming expirations. We have EMT's, EMT-CC's, and Paramedics. Recertification must be done at the State level and at the regional level. Each one has different requirements and the program you created for us monitors each individuals requirements for each type of recertification. You came through with everything you promised. We plan on adding more of your modules in the coming months. It was a pleasure dealing with you.

B.J.Leidner EMT-CC, C.I.C.
Hatzoloh EMS - Rockland County
Training - QaQi

Response from eSchedule

Thank you, B.J.!

Carl W.

Easy a efficient

Reviewed on 12/01/2016

Easy to learn and set up. customer service is great.

Joseph V.

• Customer Support Software

eSchedule simplifies scheduling and provides a great user experience!

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

eSchedule solved the needs we were looking for in a scheduling program. We received more than what we expected and had our entire organization trained on the program quickly and efficiently. The reporting is extremely powerful and accurate, allowing me to maintain a schedule of over 200 volunteers to the highest standards while maintaining pinpoint accuracy.

Pros

eSchedule provides our agency with an amazing user interface, ease of use, and great backend reporting. All of this is integral to an effective, efficient, and productive scheduling experience. My favorite aspect of the software is the ability to validate my crews wherever I am. I have a wealth of knowledge available on my phone accessible quickly to determine attendance status, clock times, and sign ups. I also enjoy the customization that is available to eSchedule, allowing me to create the scheduling experience I need for my organization. Finally, another pro that every program should have that eSchedule delivers on is the customer service experience. eSchedule provides lightening fast, and accurate customer service. When I run into an issue or have a question, I know I am the priority from the eSchedule team. I get my answers quickly from a professional team who caters to my needs and shows me how much my business is valued to them.

Cons

Integration into my organization was quick and reliable. There was almost zero downtime and the transition was seamless and accurate. I have no cons to mention for application within my organization.

Robert B.

Great Support

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

We went to eSchedule because they were the only folks that offered a solution to a new requirement we had - being able to separate labor hours by a particular funding source or budget center. No one else could help us and eSchedule said "no problem." Over the years that requirement went away but many others that don't fit within most canned scheduling/timekeeping packages have come along and eSchedule has always worked with us to find or create a solution.

Pros

It goes well beyond basic scheduling and timekeeping, allowing us to accommodate an every-growing list of requirements. The staff know the software inside and out and respond quickly to questions, helping us work through what we need to do and the best way to do it. Most things the software can do already and it's a matter of choosing the best way. By finding ways to work within the existing features, they keep the software cleaner than others by not having an overwhelming set of options and preferences to navigate through - and the personal service from people that understand what we're doing out here is extremely helpful and rare these days. When there's a custom change required, the pricing and turnaround is reasonable and accurate.

Cons

While I really like eSchedule all around, I notice there are things we do with it every day that require more clicks and navigation than they should. Those extra little steps, even though they only take a second each, add up. It "feels" like user interface could be updated to be a little more slick, both visually and functionally, to catch up to what we've come to expect from tech companies and make things a bit more intuitive and reduce extra clicks and navigation. The PTO reporting system seems a bit outdated too, with monthly e-mailed reports rather than a real-time on demand report available.

Donnie E.

Emergency Ambulance Service Central PA

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

We are small emergency ambulance service. We are a closed Union service and have many different job codes, pay scales, PTO, seniority, request for PTO and scheduling. We operate and maintain 14 vehicles. We have approximately 70 employees that range from FT, PT and Casual. We have 24/7/365 operations with multiple shift configurations. The owner, sales department, technical support and programmers of eSchedule have been nothing short of excellent in setting up, educating, maintaining and developing the program to suit our needs. There were some small bumps in the road in the beginning and some kickback from employees/supervisors stuck in their ways. But, overall the experience has been pretty much an uneventful and seamless transition.

Pros

I like the many features eSchedule has to offer.

Cons

Don’t really have any negative comments. Any issues or concerns we have had with the software, eSchedule has worked quickly to resolve.

Response from eSchedule

Donnie - Thank you very much for providing this review and feedback!

Scott B.

• Customer Support Software

EMS eSchedule has been very helpful in our organization with time management and scheduling.

Reviewed on 31/05/2017

Felt like when we got the program a whole team came with it.

Pros

By far the biggest pro for EMS eSchedule is the costumer service!! No matter how many times I have called or emailed they always treat you like a valued costumer and fix any issue that may arise, or find options for features that you are looking for. We are always switching things up and they have always kept up with our demands. It is easy for the employees to clock in and out and keep an eye on their schedules. Can pull multiple reports from the program. definitely getting your money's worth plus more.

Cons

Missing a few convenient features, shift give-a-ways for crews, crews cant put up their shift for others to see. Unable to see at a glance who made changes to a shift, and the progression of the shift to what it is real time, on the administration side.

Response from eSchedule

Scott ¿ Thank you for the insight and great feedback! We are working on a trade/drop board feature which has been a highly requested feature. As always, there are many new features coming soon as well as an entirely new look & feel to the scheduling section. Stay tuned!

Randi P.

Amazing Software & Time Saver

Reviewed on 08/04/2017

This software has made my job 1000 times easier. My employees can bid on days, ask for days off, and leave messages all in one application. I am no longer sending out countless texts or emails asking for coverage from each person. I also enjoy the time clock feature and payroll reports. What use to take hours to complete is a simple click of the mouse. My auto tech is also loving the fact that errors or defects with the ambulances are mailed straight to him to address instead of getting lost somewhere down the chain. Overall, there are not enough great things I can say about this software and the AMAZING customer service rep and his team have provided us! Keep up the amazing work guys, you have a client for life here in Arkansas!!!

Pros

I honestly love the ease of use.

Cons

I have not ran across a con i couldn't have fixed for my needs.

Erin M.

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Pros

Functionality and ease of use. Ability to log in from multiple places.

Cons

Mobile version is pretty limited. Have to select full version when logging in from iPhone.

Chuck B.

Great product great service

Reviewed on 27/03/2017

We are a small private ambulance service in south west Florida. We have tried several programs. eschedule is by far the better product,
There is a very small learning curve for administration as well at the end user which makes for a smooth implementation.
I would highly recommend trying eschedule and compare it to the more expensive programs out there that do less.

Pros

user friendly

Cons

a mobile app wpuld be nice

Response from eSchedule

We are so glad to hear that Concierge Medical Transport is happy with eSchedule. We appreciate the feedback, Chuck. If there's anything we can do to assist, please don't hesitate to reach out.