Glew

eCommerce analytics tool for online sellers

4.4 /5 (53 reviews) Write a Review!

Nihar K.

• Customer Support Software

All in one eCommerce strategy planning machine

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

As an Shopify Plus Partner agency, our many merchants that are using our white labeled version of the platform (https://analytics.roswellstudios.com) provides a personal touch - which is awesome. We've dubbed it Roswell Analytics (powered by Glew Plus). It solves our merchants main problem: where should I spend my time and money to get the best ROI. Simply put - Glew provides the answer.

Pros

As an executive in the eCommerce ecosystem, I rarely give a platform 5 stars across the board. However when reps from the Glew platform approached me, he didn't try to sell me on the platform, he worked with me to help empower my merchants to understand how the holistic approach to analytics is the only way to strategically advance your KPIs. As a Shopify Plus Partner, Roswell Studios provides design, development AND strategy / consulting. The Glew platform has enabled us to provide a 4th dimension solution to the age old question - what is working, how and why?

By connecting a dozen analytics dashboards in one central place, and combining the granular filtering, with profitability gauges (through the input of COGS) - our merchants can assess, with agility, whether to spend more on paid ads, social ads, email marketing, SEO etc. So - instead of having 7 tabs open - exporting to XLS, then using pivot tables and other madness to engage in quantitative analysis - Glew does it for you in a matter of a few clicks. Just connect your eComm platform, Google Analytics, email service provider, Ad Words, Bing Ads, Facebook, Subscription App, Shipping Platform, Rewards Platform etc. - and utilize the built in reports to get going. Custom reports are a cinch. And if our merchants need a more in depth analysis that isn't out of the box - we access MODE to engage in the BI tunnel to create super customized reports (does require development however).

Cons

All of the integrations can initially seem intimidating - and then understanding their attribution model (first order attribution: https://glew.io/making-sense-attribution-modeling/) - and making sense of it versus Google's attribution model (last click) when your merchants are married to GA presented some initial challenges. However, reading further into the science / understanding of the attribution models and educating our merchants proved to be difficult, but eventually rewarding.

Ashley L.

5 Star Customer Service!

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Pros

Great reporting and analytics that our key to business decisions on our E-Commerce platform. Customer service is always spot on, and I receive personal support with any reports that I need. Great product!

Robbie P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Best Platform for Ecommerce Attribution

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Glew is awesome!

Pros

In a world of clouded data and platforms competing for conversion attribution, Glew breaks down all your data so it can be easily interpreted and you can tell where sales are really coming from.
Great monthly retention cohorts for subscription.

Cons

I wish Glew conversion rate calculation excluded subscription reoccuring orders.

Sara G.

Love this software!

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

We launched our e-commerce store about 2 years ago and Glew has really helped us capture important data necessary for the growth of our business.

Pros

We love the ease of use of this software. It provides us with easy ability to see where our online sales are generated from. We use Glew mostly for the reporting and are able to learn buying patterns of our customers. The data that Glew provides us also allows us to send targeted emails out to customers based on what category they fall under. We have lot's of luck with sending out coupon codes to customers that haven't shopped in a specific amount of months.

Cons

I don't think that we have any cons to using this software.

Alex C.

Use Glew Daily

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Use it daily and find it essential.

Pros

As a Shopify+ merchant I find that GLEW is far more accurate than Google Analytics and provides much more depth than Shopify reports. I love the daily reports sent via email each morning and that we have a simple easy to use place to analyze margin, costs, revenue, profit, sell through, inventory aging and much more.

Cons

I think the price is a bit steep, but it does add value to my business so it is what it is.

Mark B.

Great Product

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

We find this is a great tool for people who don't have a history working with BI tools

Pros

It comes configured out of the box so people don't have to waste time working out what reports they would like built

Cons

I think if you understand how the product is positioned in this market and you consider how much it costs, there really are no cons

Melissa P.

Easy Data Visualization

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Pros

At a smaller company, it's so helpful to be able to see data at first glance and have both micro and macro levels of data depending on what you’re looking for, in one easy, visual dashboard.

Cons

Have experienced glitches sometimes when trying to load previous years reporting data, but always quickly solved by support.

Shopify Analytics on Steroids

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Pros

Intuitive user interface, tools to help inform and grow your business, helps to see your data in new ways. The on-boarding and personal help has been great.

Cons

There isn't much I didn't like, the software has very good UX/UI

Nathan B.

Exactly what we needed

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

For the first six months at my company, we quite literally couldn't export sales data [that contained the SKUs] from Magento. We tried everything. No stones were left unturned. Believe me, I know how crazy that sounds. I was completely dumbfounded and frustrated by this for a long time. Consider the wide array of limitations associated with being unable to export *any* historical sales data... Before I found Glew, I used Google Analytics and a custom purchasing dashboard in Magento. neither of which suited our needs very well.
I have experienced a few issues with Glew and the data veracity and consistent accuracy thereof, but the support team is generally pretty responsive and helpful. Naturally, the more complex the problem, the longer it takes to resolve. The one pain point of Glew is the occasional instability and inaccuracy of data aggregation. Unless I notice sales data that's obviously wrong or new SKUs that are missing, it's highly likely it will fly under the radar, which concerns me. I wish an error code was thrown or a flag raised if data is not aggregating correctly.
Glew was exactly what our company needed and alleviated a few high priority pain points. Everyone in our company receives the daily snapshot, which is an awesome feature. When it comes to sales and purchasing, I cannot think of one question that arose and was unable to be answered by Glew or exportable data from Glew. I, quite literally, use Glew multiple times every single day. Couldn't live without

Pros

- Glew provides much of the data that we were unable to export from Magento in an easily accessible way.
- Even people with little or no Glew experience can navigate and utilize for simple tasks, but the capabilities are vast and the features are robust which opens the door to great insights.
- Bespoke reports can be set to be delivered to your inbox at a specific time.
- The vast majority of data is exportable in CSV format, so even if Glew doesn't have the report you need, you can export the data and make it yourself.

Cons

- every time we create new products, they are not automatically included in the next import. I typically have to generate a ticket for the Glew team.
- it is occasionally prone to data aggregation errors . There have been instances where I have noticed sales data is incorrect. With the help of the support team, we always get to the bottom of it, but I wish it was more consistently accurate.

Chase M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Glew Brings It All Together

Reviewed on 15/11/2018

Pros

Glew is an easy to implement data analytics tool for marketing teams that would like to begin utilizing their data in a meaningful way.

Cons

The report builder in the software could be a little better, but over all no real cons.

Alexander D.

The Best Tool for Insights

Reviewed on 08/02/2020

As an agency, we help businesses achieve their growth-related goals. We do that by leveraging Glew to gain a deep understanding of our clients' businesses quickly and make strategic decisions based on data that lead to measurable results.

Pros

The integrations are incredibly easy and streamlined. The data visualization and reporting tools that come out of the box are top-notch.

Cons

The Magento integration is a module, not an API, so we need to wait for our deployment/release cycles to get started with each of our big clients.

Response from Glew

Hey Alex, thank you so much for your great review! Just wanted to give you a heads up - we have an update scheduled to move away from the Magento plugin and use their API, so that should be resolved very soon. :)

Jordan M.

• Customer Support Software

Great resource. Does more than expected

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

It's been a great experience. I have found the technical support to be extremely responsive and helpful.

Pros

This app has everything we need. It is easy to use and provides all the needed reporting to run a successful e-commerce business

Cons

There are no cons. I have not had any regrets adding this app. Very helpful.

Joshua B.
  • Industry: Design

Glew gives amazing insights

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

Pros

As an agency with this gives amazing insight and actionable information across a wide range of channels and clients. The native integration Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Big Commerce, Dot Mailer are a great feature.

The support team over at Glew are alway happy to help and give great trainig.

Cons

Only a small con but there's isn't a link to Google Webmasters' Data

• Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Invaluable inventory insights

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Great customer support as well - also occasionally provides free and helpful webinars.

Pros

My company was looking for a more intuitive way to track sales (and non-sales) in our inventory system - Glew offers an exportable file with all the information we needed. It does much, much more, but this simple tool has already proven invaluable.

Cons

There's a lot to take in with Glew - it has many incredible uses but sometimes its hard to know where to start. They offer a Glew Academy via YouTube, etc. but it's not always easy to follow along (or get to the meat and potatoes of what you want to know).

Tim M.

• Customer Support Software

Super easy to use analytics software!

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

Really helping us track key metrics over time

Pros

Daily email, customer segmentation and LTV

Cons

Still working on some ways to segment customers

Aneisha S.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Scam

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Terrible

Pros

There wasn’t anything to lie. It doesn’t deliver what it says it does

Cons

I signed up for the trial to understand our subscription metrics and I was told they weren’t able to share that information on the trial and it would only be unlocked once I paid for the service. I shared examples of what I was looking for and asked for confirmation that’s what they would give me and they confirmed this. Two months on they had lost the information I have previously supplied had been lost and I had to rearrange a call to say it had been two months and nothing had happened. After further chasing they shared the report which wasn’t correct. I fed back and they delayed responding and then requested screenshots for me to prove the information was incorrect. They then requested a download of information which didn’t exist and then went silent. After informing them I would like no further payments to be taken, a new contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] got in contact and continued to feed the same line and say they wouldn’t stop payments. I have chased up with my credit card company to resolve. DO NOT WORK WITH THESE GUYS - the data is not to be trusted

Christopher T.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

Referred Glew to all of my friends and peers!

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Pros

The dashboard is intuitive and accessible.

The customer service is excellent; they respond to inquries in minutes!

Cons

I wish there would be a report tht gives actionable items. Right now, I just ask one of the VP's and they are helpful in dishing out some potential action items.

Collin J.

Great for what I need

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Overall it's a great program. I really enjoy being able to learn more and more about my target market.

Pros

The amount of information that is available. I am able to segment exactly who I want and deliver the correct message to the correct audience.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little confusing to find specific information, but a quick call/email to our rep solves all those problems.

Josh S.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

• Customer Support Software

Terrible customer service and a platform that has a lot of data, but not all connected.

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

Terrible customer service, they tell you that their software can do one thing, you sign the contract, then they delay delay delay to hold you in and say sorry we don't have that feature and you're under contract.

Pros

Interesting dashboard, but limited in it's functionality and usefulness.

Cons

They can't compare data to the previous year on the main dashboard. It wants to report against the previous "30 day" period, but won't compare to the previous year same period as a default. This is crazy that it can't do such a basic task.

Jamela A.

Highly Recommend Glew

Reviewed on 01/03/2021

Pros

We've been using Glew for just over 6 months now and can't even imagine that there was a time when we did not. We are huge fans of the the product segmentation, marketing analytics, and number of App integrations. Glew has been instrumental in helping us analyze our business in a quick and efficient way. As a small brand time is everything!

Cons

We've found that at time some screens can be slow to load.

Jamie S.

Not meant for small businesses or startups

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

During the time we used Glew, it was exceptional insight into our business without having to do too much digging across multiple applications. It gave us some valuable suggestions to allow us to focus on the right items in our store and reposition our brand.

Pros

Glew has amazing analytics that tell you a few insights that are hard to get anywhere else unless you have a financial analysis on staff. Some things I find incredible are the analytics that actually allow you to see suggestions on different items to offer customers as a bundle deal. You can also see quite easily which items don't bring you enough profit to make it worth advertising and keep focused on only the most profitable items in your store.

Cons

This application is incredible but way too much for any business not bringing in at the very least $50k per year. If you bring in less than this, utilize whatever free tools you can find until then. For medium-larger businesses, this tool seems practically essential.

Vincent W.

Great tool for our Agency

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

One of the key highlights is the customer service. There is support through chat and they are usually very responsive in resolving any issues that I have.

Pros

Most features are fairly standard on an analytics tool like this but the biggest value for us is the ease of customer segmentation to assist us in building out re-marketing and lookalikes.

The lifetime value feature also helps us benchmark success targets for our clients.

Cons

Most of the reporting are not customizable to our personal needs, but we are acquiring access to BI Tunnel which will solve this issue.

Powerful and fast insights

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

We are getting faster to actionable insights and KPIs that we look at to make every day business decisions.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and the team is super responsive in helping to set up. The insights generated are great.

Cons

While all the features are great, one has to think different from all other mainstream analytics tools which makes getting used to the platform a bit more time consuming.

Caroline F.

Fantastic CRM & BI Tool

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

We are solving CRM, customer data, product data and inventory data insights and issues with Glew.

Pros

Integrating all of the data is very simple and easy through custom API calls. Sync your accounts, hit sync and data is there in 24-28 hours.

Cons

If you use Enterprise, you really need a skilled team to develop dashboards who know SQL, Python and R.

Noah W.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

• Customer Support Software

Excellent out-of-box analytics & turn-key integrations for ecommerce

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

Overall, this is an excellent product to quickly integrate multiple data sources critical to your eCommerce environment and get actionable insights. The GLEW team is constantly rolling out new integrations and expanding the out-of-box analytics for added value.

Pros

The deployment is minimal effort due to the out-of-box integrations and robust reporting included. The standard integrations with Magento, Google Analytics, and Facebook with the baseline product are easy to setup. The insights GLEW provides to our team have proven to be valuable and actionable in many ways.

Cons

You can't do deep customization on the reports without upgrading to the Pro version which is much more expensive - but that is to be expected to get that level of enterprise capabilities.