Glew

eCommerce analytics tool for online sellers

4.1/5

55 Software options

Nathan B.

Exactly what we needed

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

For the first six months at my company, we quite literally couldn't export sales data [that contained the SKUs] from Magento. We tried everything. No stones were left unturned. Believe me, I know how crazy that sounds. I was completely dumbfounded and frustrated by this for a long time. Consider the wide array of limitations associated with being unable to export *any* historical sales data... Before I found Glew, I used Google Analytics and a custom purchasing dashboard in Magento. neither of which suited our needs very well.
I have experienced a few issues with Glew and the data veracity and consistent accuracy thereof, but the support team is generally pretty responsive and helpful. Naturally, the more complex the problem, the longer it takes to resolve. The one pain point of Glew is the occasional instability and inaccuracy of data aggregation. Unless I notice sales data that's obviously wrong or new SKUs that are missing, it's highly likely it will fly under the radar, which concerns me. I wish an error code was thrown or a flag raised if data is not aggregating correctly.
Glew was exactly what our company needed and alleviated a few high priority pain points. Everyone in our company receives the daily snapshot, which is an awesome feature. When it comes to sales and purchasing, I cannot think of one question that arose and was unable to be answered by Glew or exportable data from Glew. I, quite literally, use Glew multiple times every single day. Couldn't live without

Pros

- Glew provides much of the data that we were unable to export from Magento in an easily accessible way.
- Even people with little or no Glew experience can navigate and utilize for simple tasks, but the capabilities are vast and the features are robust which opens the door to great insights.
- Bespoke reports can be set to be delivered to your inbox at a specific time.
- The vast majority of data is exportable in CSV format, so even if Glew doesn't have the report you need, you can export the data and make it yourself.

Cons

- every time we create new products, they are not automatically included in the next import. I typically have to generate a ticket for the Glew team.
- it is occasionally prone to data aggregation errors . There have been instances where I have noticed sales data is incorrect. With the help of the support team, we always get to the bottom of it, but I wish it was more consistently accurate.

Chase M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Glew Brings It All Together

Reviewed on 15/11/2018

Pros

Glew is an easy to implement data analytics tool for marketing teams that would like to begin utilizing their data in a meaningful way.

Cons

The report builder in the software could be a little better, but over all no real cons.

Alexander D.

The Best Tool for Insights

Reviewed on 08/02/2020

As an agency, we help businesses achieve their growth-related goals. We do that by leveraging Glew to gain a deep understanding of our clients' businesses quickly and make strategic decisions based on data that lead to measurable results.

Pros

The integrations are incredibly easy and streamlined. The data visualization and reporting tools that come out of the box are top-notch.

Cons

The Magento integration is a module, not an API, so we need to wait for our deployment/release cycles to get started with each of our big clients.

Looker and Microsoft Power BI

Response from Glew

Hey Alex, thank you so much for your great review! Just wanted to give you a heads up - we have an update scheduled to move away from the Magento plugin and use their API, so that should be resolved very soon. :)

Jordan M.

• Customer Support Software

Great resource. Does more than expected

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

It's been a great experience. I have found the technical support to be extremely responsive and helpful.

Pros

This app has everything we need. It is easy to use and provides all the needed reporting to run a successful e-commerce business

Cons

There are no cons. I have not had any regrets adding this app. Very helpful.

Joshua B.
  • Industry: Design

Glew gives amazing insights

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

Pros

As an agency with this gives amazing insight and actionable information across a wide range of channels and clients. The native integration Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Big Commerce, Dot Mailer are a great feature.

The support team over at Glew are alway happy to help and give great trainig.

Cons

Only a small con but there's isn't a link to Google Webmasters' Data

• Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Invaluable inventory insights

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Great customer support as well - also occasionally provides free and helpful webinars.

Pros

My company was looking for a more intuitive way to track sales (and non-sales) in our inventory system - Glew offers an exportable file with all the information we needed. It does much, much more, but this simple tool has already proven invaluable.

Cons

There's a lot to take in with Glew - it has many incredible uses but sometimes its hard to know where to start. They offer a Glew Academy via YouTube, etc. but it's not always easy to follow along (or get to the meat and potatoes of what you want to know).

Tim M.

• Customer Support Software

Super easy to use analytics software!

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

Really helping us track key metrics over time

Pros

Daily email, customer segmentation and LTV

Cons

Still working on some ways to segment customers

Aneisha S.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Scam

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Terrible

Pros

There wasn’t anything to lie. It doesn’t deliver what it says it does

Cons

I signed up for the trial to understand our subscription metrics and I was told they weren’t able to share that information on the trial and it would only be unlocked once I paid for the service. I shared examples of what I was looking for and asked for confirmation that’s what they would give me and they confirmed this. Two months on they had lost the information I have previously supplied had been lost and I had to rearrange a call to say it had been two months and nothing had happened. After further chasing they shared the report which wasn’t correct. I fed back and they delayed responding and then requested screenshots for me to prove the information was incorrect. They then requested a download of information which didn’t exist and then went silent. After informing them I would like no further payments to be taken, a new contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] got in contact and continued to feed the same line and say they wouldn’t stop payments. I have chased up with my credit card company to resolve. DO NOT WORK WITH THESE GUYS - the data is not to be trusted

Christopher T.

• Customer Support Software

Referred Glew to all of my friends and peers!

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Pros

The dashboard is intuitive and accessible.

The customer service is excellent; they respond to inquries in minutes!

Cons

I wish there would be a report tht gives actionable items. Right now, I just ask one of the VP's and they are helpful in dishing out some potential action items.

Collin J.

Great for what I need

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Overall it's a great program. I really enjoy being able to learn more and more about my target market.

Pros

The amount of information that is available. I am able to segment exactly who I want and deliver the correct message to the correct audience.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little confusing to find specific information, but a quick call/email to our rep solves all those problems.

Josh S.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

• Customer Support Software

Terrible customer service and a platform that has a lot of data, but not all connected.

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

Terrible customer service, they tell you that their software can do one thing, you sign the contract, then they delay delay delay to hold you in and say sorry we don't have that feature and you're under contract.

Pros

Interesting dashboard, but limited in it's functionality and usefulness.

Cons

They can't compare data to the previous year on the main dashboard. It wants to report against the previous "30 day" period, but won't compare to the previous year same period as a default. This is crazy that it can't do such a basic task.

Vincent W.

Great tool for our Agency

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

One of the key highlights is the customer service. There is support through chat and they are usually very responsive in resolving any issues that I have.

Pros

Most features are fairly standard on an analytics tool like this but the biggest value for us is the ease of customer segmentation to assist us in building out re-marketing and lookalikes.

The lifetime value feature also helps us benchmark success targets for our clients.

Cons

Most of the reporting are not customizable to our personal needs, but we are acquiring access to BI Tunnel which will solve this issue.

Jamela A.

Highly Recommend Glew

Reviewed on 01/03/2021

Pros

We've been using Glew for just over 6 months now and can't even imagine that there was a time when we did not. We are huge fans of the the product segmentation, marketing analytics, and number of App integrations. Glew has been instrumental in helping us analyze our business in a quick and efficient way. As a small brand time is everything!

Cons

We've found that at time some screens can be slow to load.

Powerful and fast insights

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

We are getting faster to actionable insights and KPIs that we look at to make every day business decisions.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and the team is super responsive in helping to set up. The insights generated are great.

Cons

While all the features are great, one has to think different from all other mainstream analytics tools which makes getting used to the platform a bit more time consuming.

Caroline F.

Fantastic CRM & BI Tool

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

We are solving CRM, customer data, product data and inventory data insights and issues with Glew.

Pros

Integrating all of the data is very simple and easy through custom API calls. Sync your accounts, hit sync and data is there in 24-28 hours.

Cons

If you use Enterprise, you really need a skilled team to develop dashboards who know SQL, Python and R.

NetSuite CRM, Tableau, and Microsoft Power BI
Noah W.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent out-of-box analytics & turn-key integrations for ecommerce

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

Overall, this is an excellent product to quickly integrate multiple data sources critical to your eCommerce environment and get actionable insights. The GLEW team is constantly rolling out new integrations and expanding the out-of-box analytics for added value.

Pros

The deployment is minimal effort due to the out-of-box integrations and robust reporting included. The standard integrations with Magento, Google Analytics, and Facebook with the baseline product are easy to setup. The insights GLEW provides to our team have proven to be valuable and actionable in many ways.

Cons

You can't do deep customization on the reports without upgrading to the Pro version which is much more expensive - but that is to be expected to get that level of enterprise capabilities.

Gene F.

Advanced Analytics for eCommerce

Reviewed on 28/01/2020

Glew makes it easy to segment and target very specific customer demographics or cohorts, plugging in easily to your ESP. It enables customized reporting, combining data from all of your essential sources.

Pros

It aggregates data from many sources, giving you a centralized hub to understand your online business. It makes data visually appealing, easier to understand, easier to segment for marketing and customize for reporting. It is affordable for really any merchant and an essential tool for insights and growth.

Cons

I don't have any issues that are troublesome.

Jamie S.

Not meant for small businesses or startups

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

During the time we used Glew, it was exceptional insight into our business without having to do too much digging across multiple applications. It gave us some valuable suggestions to allow us to focus on the right items in our store and reposition our brand.

Pros

Glew has amazing analytics that tell you a few insights that are hard to get anywhere else unless you have a financial analysis on staff. Some things I find incredible are the analytics that actually allow you to see suggestions on different items to offer customers as a bundle deal. You can also see quite easily which items don't bring you enough profit to make it worth advertising and keep focused on only the most profitable items in your store.

Cons

This application is incredible but way too much for any business not bringing in at the very least $50k per year. If you bring in less than this, utilize whatever free tools you can find until then. For medium-larger businesses, this tool seems practically essential.

Rich P.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

I use Glew all day and it is awesome!

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Glew became our reporting and analytics engine and we use it constantly to run our business.

Pros

It is so fast and the information is quick and easy to use. Integration was smooth and fast. The support has been excellent.

Cons

I do not have any cons and any small tweeks I have requested have been put in a later update.

• Customer Support Software

Best tool for small to medium ecommerce businesses.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

After using Glew for over a year now my experience has been really positive. The account management with support team is always excellent.

Pros

What I like most about Glew is their preloaded customer segmentation and LTV for each audience. We're able to rapidly pull segments of our audiences and load them into FB ad manager with ease. This gives us greater flexibility in creating look alike audiences while scaling paid FB spend.

Cons

I wish we had more direct access to cohorts on a running 12 month basis. It would really help small brands better understand the quality of the customers they're acquiring and if their retention efforts are working properly.

Taylor L.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Super easy to use!

Reviewed on 01/12/2018

Great customer support experience and the support staff has been super helpful with the 3 brands I have launched on the platform.

Pros

Makes data easy to access, analyze, and share across departments.

Cons

Would like to be able to customize reports a bit more.

Erinn H.

• Customer Support Software

Great insights with great support!

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

The entire experience was great! The tool and team are very helpful!

Pros

I liked how easy it was to navigate with little to know training.

Cons

Sometimes manipulating the data for custom problems became troublesome.

Priya R.

A Business Tool That I Would Recommend

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

It's a useful product, gives me an hourly breakdown of revenue generated that I monitor daily. Would have loved to have made more use out of its functions at the company.

Pros

The daily email snapshot of Revenue, AOV, Refunds and other key metrics. The customer segmentation functions and cost manager section.

Cons

I don't feel like it pulls Ad Spend or email marketing data correctly. Customer service has had a hard time figuring out why Glew can't pull revenue data for Mailchimp campaigns that include A/B tests.

Rachel H.

Great Platform for Data

Reviewed on 09/04/2021

Pros

Before we discovered Glew, we were calculating a lot of information on our own like LTV and CAC. With Glew, this platform has made our life so much easier by automating all of it and being able to see if all laid out. Also, the training was great.

Cons

There's a lot to explore which isn't a bad thing but we are always learning.

Tom M.
  • Used for 6-12 months

11 days no response / over $4k spent with them

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

Poor.
Feel cheated.
Not valued, not looked after and most of all conned.
Do not go near them, it's just a waste.

Pros

Glew delivers some key stats which is great.
Nowhere near the value they purport.

Cons

The 12 month lock in is a con.
No interest in answering questions about my needs, which really is just the stats that I get being correct.

Response from Glew

Hi there, Abby here - I¿m Director of Communications here at Glew. I¿m sorry to hear you didn¿t have a positive experience with Glew. We work with our clients and our tech partners to ensure that the data presented in Glew is accurate, and we believe our annual contracts provide added value and convenience for our users. However, we appreciate any feedback to help us serve our clients better. If there¿s anything we can do for you in the future, please reach out anytime.