4.4
4.2
4.4
4.2
Steve P.

Best email marketing automation software I've used...and I've used A LOT!

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Pros

I've seriously tried it all over the past 5 years. From Campaign Monitor, to Get Response. Infusionsoft to Mailchimp. Convertkit, Active Campaign, and that's just the well-known ones. Some for small stints (think 1 - 3 months) others for longer stints (6 - 12). Drip is the only one that I've been using for well over 12 months and am feeling very comfortable with. Down to why this software is great - simply put, most of it's core functionalities are well thought out and easy to use. But then advanced things can still be done even if you're a novice to marketing automation. Sending drip campaigns, setting up subscribe forms and linking with other software to create automatons, all super easily done. Overall is a really well thought out piece of software, and the easiest to use considering its power.

Cons

Some things are quite tricky to do. For example, you would expect to be able to set a simple trigger link in an email, except that requires setting up a completely separate automation. You can't set triggers to happen at certain times, and it can be a pain to get your email template looking good (plain templates are awesome but sometimes you just want to be able to adjust things to make it more personal). Adding call-to-action buttons to emails is also insanely difficult, simply getting the colors to match your own brand is impossible. But all these are minor gripes in the grand scheme of things!

Response from Leadpages

Hi Steve,

Everyone here at Drip appreciates the time you took to write us a review!

Since your review just a couple of months ago, we have actually launched the Visual Builder for all of your emailing needs! No more trouble adding call-to-action buttons or getting the colors to match your brand. The new Visual Builder allows you to easily build big, beautiful emails outfitted with images and brand styling for when you need to do more showing instead of telling¿ All the formatting. Zero coding.

Thanks again,
Sam from Drip

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A good ecommerce email system, but not without some flaws

Reviewed on 23/08/2020

Drip was not an easy switch from MailChimp. I will probably go back to MailChimp pretty soon.

Pros

Drip is a good ecommerce email system, particularly for Magento. It's relatively easy to set up automations and manage ecommerce contacts, purchases, and other data. It's similar to other email platforms in terms of set up, templates, and flexibility.

Cons

The demo made it seem like the integration with Magento was the easiest thing in the world, but there were several hiccups at launch. The reporting leaves a lot to be desired, and the automations don't work as seamlessly as I'd like.

Mark S.

Drip is the best email/marketing automation software on the planet! I know as I have tested them all

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Drip integrates with just about everything and it is pretty easy to use.

The future of marketing from your website is "website personalization" which will create a unique experience for each and every person.

Your business also needs to track prospect/customer activity across multiple channels and deliver a customized experience.

Nothing makes me leave a website faster than when a website asks me to download something i have already downloaded.

The days of one size fits all marketing have come and gone.

With Drip, and a few 3rd party apps, I believe you can deliver an online experience like no other that will surely get you noticed and help you stand above your competition.

Pros

Drip is the dream marketing software I was dreaming of back in 2012 when I first started with another expensive email/marketing automation platform.

Out of the box, Drip doesn't need 3rd party apps to format data like making sure names are capitalized.

I am a marketing automation geek, and Drip allows you to add just about any other type of marketing software layer like surveys, onsite retargeting, send text messages, and even integrate Facebook messenger and Facebook ads just to name a few. (Some 3rd party apps required)

Using Drip and a few items I mentioned above, you can passively profile and lead score all of your prospects to see:

- which ones are hot (Drip can send an email to your sales team so they make contact),
- which ones are still in research mode (send these leads more content to help them make a decision via email, SMS or a Facebook message),
- and which ones are just tire kickers.

No sense running paid ads to tire kickers, right?

You can even personalize your website so that people who downloaded your freebie, don't get asked to download it again. That is powerful! (3rd party app needed)

I have moved all of my clients over to Drip from 3 other platforms and we are seeing much better results.

If you are considering email & marketing automation automation software for your business, take a good look at Drip.

They have a certification program, so you might want to check out graduates to lend you a hand if needed.

Paola P.

Great support team -- but too much need for it!

Reviewed on 17/02/2018

Pros

One of my favourite things about drip is the email segmentation tools and tagging. These let me make sure my audience is always on point. Customer support is great, however due to some delays and workflow issues I found myself having the need for them a bit more than I think I should have.

To the customer service that is friendly, competent, quick, receptive, and unfailingly helpful (and I've put them to use numerous times with complicated questions)

To my ability to step into specific user accounts to fix things simply and quickly at their request..

Drip is uniformly wonderful. You might not know it yet, but THIS is the email service you've been looking for.

Cons

The refreshing of the automations seems like it is not instant, so whenever I am setting something up, and doing tests, there has been some confusion as to whether it is working or not. So sometimes I have to go live with a special list just to test the automation steps which is not very convenient.

Rick W.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Integrations ~ So Powerful

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

I ran my own email server with arpReach for many years. It was tiresome and I didn't get all the flexibility much less the tagging and tracking I wanted. With Drip I've got a tool that has helped me engage my coaching clients more intimately (and also clear out people who are simply not engaging, which feels really good and keeps costs down as well).

Pros

My WordPress site has such a mix of different tools, I needed an email marketing engine that would integrate with them all with ease and consistency. I also needed excellent delivery and an easy way to track and target website users based on pages visited and clicks. Drip has been excellent in this, and I have introduced other colleagues to Drip who are equally pleased.

Cons

I wish there was a way to bring new solopreneurs in at an introductory price that was lower. I wish the CRM aspects were stronger. I'd love to be able to have a View of the Customer which was more customizable than the current customer lookup.

Industry: Executive Office

Used to Love Drip

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

I haven't ever had a bad experience with the software and it always worked as it should, but the focus from support is directed entirely toward eCommerce.

Pros

I switched to using drip as a small business consultant for the visual automation, ease of use, the free account (up to 100 subscribers), CRM and contact tracking, but over time they shifted their marketing and support entirely to be used as an eCommerce CRM.

Cons

I am not eCommerce so while I could continue to use their software, they clearly aren't marketing or improving their software to support my needs. There are other leading CRMs and email marketing platforms that I'd recommend for someone who will not be working in an eCommerce field.

Mat O.

Drip has saved me.

Reviewed on 21/07/2017

All of my clients now use Drip which gives me the massive benefit of working with every client's Drip account without having to leave my own. This must-account functionality is a life saver for me!

Pros

Drip's marketing automation (i.e. workflows) give you precision control over every step of your customer's decision making journey.

Cons

Thee isn't a single con I can think of! If I were to really stretch into non-issues though I would say that their onscreen prompts for first time users could provide a few more details.

Ray W.
Industry: Real Estate

Drip is for drips!

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

We use drip to reach out and connect with Jigglar users to showcase new marketing templates and let them know about upcoming training events etc. We like to connect via email with our people each day.

Sadly, Drip is totally underwhelming and getting involved was a big mistake.

Pros

I like the fact you can schedule a second email that only goes to recipients that didn't open the first email. Apart from that, there are plenty of other email products around with Drip's features

Cons

1. The product is glitchy with lots of bugs and definitely NOT ready for market.
2. The 'error please refresh' message is constantly appearing
3. After copying and pasting or trying to set up a hyperlink, the site often freezes
4. I can only set one hyperlink per email
5. Despite following instructions like formatting images to the correct size images or justifying images to the left they still come out floating in the middle
6. Support is terrible. When a Drip support team member eventually gets back to you (usually takes days) all they do is ask dumb questions.

Gabe J.
Industry: Information Services

Drip helps me be so much more personal with customers

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

It's super nice that I don't have to baby sit my automations, I can check in and look at stats and reporting but other than that it runs itself.

Pros

I love Drip because of the conditional logic aspect that tailors messages to specific customers. The information that they are receiving from me is always relevant thanks to Drip.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to test campaigns without having to wait for the scheduled time. It would be awesome if I could run a test campaign and preview everything by just running straight through the automation without any delay.

Industry: Chemicals

Drip

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Pros

It's quick and easy to use, and there are some powerful features. Customer service has generally been good.

Cons

I'm a little concerned that since their buyout from leadpages they will focus solely on squeezing every last dollar out of customers and quality will drop and/or prices will go up. The price jump from 5000 subscribers to 5001 is pretty steep.

Joe H.

I love Drip

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Their customer service is among the best online. I know the reps by name and they are playful and helpful.

Pros

I've written entire articles on the subject. https://medicalmarcom.com/medical-device-marketing/drip-versus-aweber/

Cons

The rules and workflows aren't as intuitive as I'd like. Sometimes I have to open multiple windows to track everything.

Industry: Internet

Good tool if you understand the tech behind automation tools

Reviewed on 22/10/2018

Its ok for a first step automation when showing of a pilot project or similar.

Pros

Its cheap, and easy to start up your first automation pilot.

Cons

The support is bad, I have cases that still not solved. Thats also why i named my review its good that you know the tech behind MA tools, before jumping in. I dont trust help from support.

Ismail R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Drip is excellent, except the support team takes ages to reply

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

I love everything in Drip, but the support team takes ages to reply (From 1 day to 7 days!!) . They desperately need to work on this, if they are serious about staying in the business.

Pros

This software is a real game changer when it comes to automation. I love everything about the software. if you are looking for an easy for to automate your campains, this is the software to turn to.

Cons

The dashboard! it needs a makeover. Sometimes it doesn't show the current statistics

Rebecca B.
Industry: Internet

Drip is my favorite Email Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Pros

I've had to use a number of different email marketing tools - every client has something different setup! But Drip is by far my favorite! You can create visual automations. Emails look great. And every time I've contacted support they've been incredibly helpful - even setting up an automation for me to fix an issue I was having!

Cons

Setting up conversions and goals was difficult... But I find this is usually one of the most difficult parts for most campaigns.

Also, sometimes there's a lag with looking at analytics/open rates. I'll select a date range, but have to refresh the page to see the total number of new subscribers during that period. But that's just a small issue.

Juan manuel G.
Industry: Computer Software

Caution: They increase the prices without grandfathering current customers

Reviewed on 14/02/2019

We have used the Drip service for approximately 3 years. From one day to the next they have increased (too much) the prices without respecting the original price. This company is not recommended.

Pros

In general terms it is a good marketing automation tool.

Cons

The technical support needs to be improved and the tool is not very intuitive. They increase the prices and do not care how many years you have as a customer.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Michael S.
Industry: Legal Services

Drip is a great product.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Drip is a great product. Despite it's cons I still will keep using it because it does most of what I need and it has a great design so it's fun to use.

Pros

I first tried Drip after hearing about it on a podcast. I love the design of the product. Great design makes something more fun to use.

It has a lot of features and it is relatively straightforward to use. You do need some training but not a whole lot in order to get started.

Cons

The distinctions between regular sequences and workflows could be better. I had used it for a while before I learned (from their customer support) that workflows are basically the same thing but that the behavior changes based on what they click on in the emails.

I also wish that Drip and Leadpages came in a bundle and that you didn't have to pay so much money in order to get real chat support for their products.

Jeff S.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great but not the best

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Pros

I went from mailchimp to this to some other stuff and finally ended up at convertkit. This is similar and has a great automation system with visual workflows.

Cons

Does not have an easy way to edit emails. You must click out of an email and then into another to compare your emails sequences. It would also be nice if it had a way to create landing pages without having to buy leadpages separately.

Patrick B.

Drip

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Great so far, using drip as a email auto responder creating links with leadpages, email campaigns and broadcasts

Pros

Design and ease to find sections such as campaigns, broadcasts and adding subscribers

Cons

features not overally evident such as workflows, rules

Oliver V.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Drip has become one of the worst CRM

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

All they want is money. They even charge me twice within 3 days.

I’m making my complaint.

Pros

At the beginning everything looked perfect.

Cons

Bad support (can take 7 days to receive an answer, and they reply with another dumb answer rather than a solution).
Pricing is a scam.
Integration with Elementor and WooCommerce is extremely bad.

Industry: Executive Office

The lovechild of ActiveCampaign and ConvertKit

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 26/11/2018

ActiveCampaign frowns upon using their service for affiliate marketing. I understand that there are spammers out there, but there are increasingly more entrepreneurs and small businesses that build their business on affiliate marketing. Drip seems to understand this while also offering an amazing product.

Pros

Over the years, I've used multiple email service providers and am passionate about being able to appropriately tag and track a customer's activity online. Drip offers amazing automations that can be as simple or complex as you'd like them to be. It is essential to be able to create a tag immediately whenever someone signs up for your email list. Drip offers the ability to develop a lead scoring while also implementing tags and automations. It is simple to use, easy to set-up, and delivers where you need it to.

Cons

While Drip is a partner of Leadpages, ConvertKit actually has the ability to craft a landing page directly within the software. Although Convertkit has this built in, Drip's integration with Leadpages has a far better end result, but it is an additional expense.

Miriam M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

Good but I need to learn more

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 26/10/2018

I love it but don’t know how to use it properly

Pros

I know everything I need is there and I’ve heard it integrates well

Cons

It’s complicated for me to figure out how to use it properly.

Jeff C.

Great Platform. Lots of features

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Pros

I've used a number of different email marketing platforms in the past and believe they're all good for different reasons. I finally tried out Drip once one of our sites built up a decent list and I've been pleasantly surprised with the platform. Lots of segmenting features and integrations. Little learning curve but overall a great product.

Cons

Entry level pricing is a little high but the features and functionality are certainly there. If you're doing any serious advertising or spending considerable time with email marketing, this is the platform I would probably lean towards, especially for more advanced users.

Alicia R.
Industry: E-Learning

I moved from MailChimp to Drip and am learning as I work.

Reviewed on 02/05/2017

The support doesn't just teach me about Drip, but about the email marketing process.

Pros

The support -- weekly seminars, lots of videos-- is great. Several times a support tech worked through a process with me on the phone, and I know that whenever I get confused, that option is available.

Cons

I find the terminology a bit confusing, campaign, list, broadcast, form-- these all work together, but they're titled almost as if they are different categories. Everything seems a bit cumbersome because the titles seem counterintuitive.

Luke T.
Industry: Retail

Shocking Support - is anyone even there?

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 11/09/2020

Pros

Struggling to comment on the positive as I've had such a frustrating experience.

Cons

The support in trying to set up Drip to work best with my business was nill. After 5 emails, 2 voicemails and a DM still I got nothing from this company.

Desmond E.
Industry: Medical Practice

Great software

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Keeping in regular contact with my customers and prospects with different messaging.

Pros

The ability to identify, segment and personalize marketing touches to groups of prospects and sire visitors is impressive

Cons

For a non-marketer, understanding the mechanisms to get my desired result was confusing.