So many possibilities with Shopify

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Drip solved problems we didn't even know we had. For example, we are able to automate a lot of our social and email marketing through Drip before a team member takes leave of absence so things aren't going to hurt as bad for the team as a result. We could not do that previously and would have had to leave money on the table while they were gone (we are a small company.) Currently we have really just focused on our brick and mortar business with Drip but I anticipate when we ramp it up for our ecomm store we will see some really interesting results there too. Our overall experience has been very positive.

Pros

If you sell a lot of different types of products and customers, Drip's ability to help you segment people automatically is amazing. We switched from MailChimp to Drip when Shopify broke and MC broke up but we also needed something more robust for our click and brick as our ecomm started to take off. I love that you can trigger events based on actions like when a subscriber clicks on a certain page on your website and the Facebook custom audience integration is very useful and has upped our targeting strategy on social too. Looking back on what we were doing with MailChimp vs. Drip, I kind of just laugh. They're hard to even compare. This is a full blown marketing and CRM suite and Mailchimp just sends emails. I still feel like I have more I can learn and do with Drip which is exciting. Support is very helpful and quick.

Cons

The email builder is improving but needs work still-you need to really inbox test because it will not save you from yourself. Images are skewed in some email clients if you check the "constrain image" box for example, so don't check that box! There are some other weird bugs in it but they just came out with a new version which is for sure an improvement. You can now select your products from your Shopify store which is HUGE but I would love more flexibility on integrating products and collections dynamically. The alt text doesn't work in the builder which seems weird to me and I don't have a big enough team to hand code the amount of eblasts we send.

I want to add I don't think this is for the casual marketer. In other words, you could get overwhelmed very easily by the bells and whistles so while this is awesome for marketing automation geeks, I would make sure it isn't too complicated for your business goals.

Steven H.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

A big jump forward in my business!

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Excellent. I need data to survive and I need to know what my customers are looking at. I can segment things, see which headlines work best, and give my customers a better product.

Pros

Numbers don't lie. Data is king, and Drip gets me the data I need to reach my audience, particularly as an established business with a large email list. The bigger you are, the easier things run through Drip.

Cons

It takes some getting used to when creating workflows and automations, but it's no more difficult to use than any other product out there.

• Industry: Furniture

• Customer Support Software

Drip is a lean email marketing automation platform laser-focused on workflows that's great for...

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

We were able to significantly cut costs from our previous ESP by switching to Drip while retaining most of our functionality (only losing landing pages, but Leadpages offers a good alternative that is still affordable at a fraction of the price). We are in the process of moving to a marketing automation suite only because one problem we encountered with Drip was that it was difficult to synchronize data between our legacy platforms.

Pros

Drip has the powerful automation features that you often have to pay thousands of dollars more a year for with marketing suite platforms. If you only need the automated email portion and not all the other features, Drip delivers a streamlined experienced that's designed to cater to B2B users that want to utilize nurture campaigns to cultivate and convert leads. Because of this, creating workflows is incredibly simple and intuitive. The platform also has some interesting features you don't find in many other ESPs, such as being able to check a box to re-send emails using a different subject line to contacts who don't open the first one. It also does not deal with contacts in lists, but rather contacts live in only one instance in the platform and rather than using lists to segment your contacts, you use tags. Some may dislike this approach, but I personally find being able to get away from endless lists to be liberating.

Cons

The platform lacks a WYSIWG editor, and only works with html or plain text. While this may be fine for many users, it might be off-putting for those less tech-savvy users who are used to creating and editing emails inside of their ESP. Also, the platform, in my opinion, is deceptively counter-intuitive despite its simple appearances. As someone who has used several of the popular ESPs on the market (Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, Stampready, etc...) I found the process to create and send emails confusing and had to contact support several times initially. This was rather frustrating because at the time they only offered support via email. I understand that they are trying to expand support to other methods however. I like to call someone if I'm having a problem, so the lack of phone support was a miss for me.

Response from Leadpages

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review.

I wanted to let you know of the changes to our email editor since your review. We now offer a Visual Builder which is a really awesome way to showcase what you¿re offering through the power of pictures without messing with any code. Simply point and click to add images, buttons, columns, and more. It¿s a whole new way to brand your emails, showcase your products, and sell more stuff!

Thanks again,
Sam from Drip

Cliff H.

I can't quit Drip!

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

I love Drip. We simply have to have another email programme due to certain features that make it worth it for us but we can't do without Drip (even when we try!) because the ease of use for creation and delivery of automated email sequences, which are critical to our educational sales strategy, is second-to-none.

Pros

Drip is hands down the easiest, most intuitive software for us for creating automated email sequences. The templates, along with ease of use, and integrations with all the other platforms and software we use makes it so valuable for us.

Cons

The lack of certain features offered by other platforms, such as tighter integration with Shopify, App, app-based notifications for things like resending non-opens etc mean that we have to double up on some software instead of solely using Drip and that is a major pain.

Mukesh M.

• Customer Support Software

The ultimate automated email service with a customer support to match.

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

Drip serves as a great marketing automation tool combined with CRM for our business.

Pros

The UI is amazing and gives a visual overview of the activity without the need to look at numbers. The automated workflow and the newly added feature of a visual email builder are a treat to the modern marketer. Using Drip for over 3 years now, I have yet to come across an email service that is more of a CRM for small businesses. The chat support is always available and qualified to assist with any challenges if they do arise.

Cons

The limited options for Lead capture forms. The platform has just one form that is designed and since lead capture is what builds the list, having a library of well designed forms would really help.

Aj S.

• Customer Support Software

The Best Email marketing app for the price!

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

If you've used any email autoresponder system in the past you know that they can be very complicated and to get the most out of the systems normally requires some behind the scenes hacking.

Drip is a refreshing alternative! Similar features and functionality as you'll find on apps that cost 5-10x the price, intuitive drag-n-drop campaign builders, amazing segmentation options and some really useful javascript extensions make this a great tool if you're focused on lead generation and then maximising your email marketing ROI.

Cons

The few times we've needed to contact support we've found the team to be a bit hit and miss - sometimes you get the right answer straight away, other times you need to chase and escalate.

The actual software itself is great though and thankfully we've not needed too much support so far.

Darryl B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

• Customer Support Software

Solid platform with good features

Reviewed on 27/10/2018

Pros

Drip offers some great features that surpass regular email, including things like automated resending to people who don't open, lead scoring, automated sequences and much more.

Cons

The color scheme can be a little hard on the eyes, but it is better than when it was first updated earlier this year. I would also like a better way to manage tags, rules and automations as once you have a number it can become tricky to keep track of them. This could be solved by having a "used in" list for tags, or a resources list for automations so you have a quick list of what is used where. This would also make it easy to retire tags and automations without losing customers through gaps.

Becky D.

• Customer Support Software

Automation and customization are easy with Drip

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

I've been using Drip to nurture customers, bring old customers back to my funnels, segment to new funnels, and growing my businesses, as well as those of my clients.

I've tried Drip's competitors, and yet I stay with Drip, and continue to put more of my business into their capable software. Well worth the cost and I highly recommend them!

Pros

The visual workflow builder for automation. This makes it easy to walk through your funnels and make sure all the steps are there and make sense for both your business rules and the customer experience.

I'm also a fan of being able to use liquid statements to customize content and functionality. This saves a ton of steps in workflows and allows for personalization, helping you convert better.

Cons

The subscriber profile is presented as a timeline. I would be much better served if subscribers were given a better visual presentation, more like a CRM would provide, in addition to the timeline.

Marijn P.

Happy with Drip!

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Overal expereince is great! Like I said: its way better to usse than mailchimp, so we are very satisfied with the many feautures and options. Last page you asked us if we would recommend to a friend; We already did!

Pros

The many options it has! It works way better than mailchimp, so for that reason Drip is our favorite to work with.

Cons

Sometimes its not clear what the differnce is between a campaign or a workflow. It would be nice to have a guide for new users. When we have new interns we always have to explain what the differences are because the internet doesn't really outlines the benefits of both.

• Industry: Printing

Good so far

Reviewed on 09/05/2019

Pros

It has integrated well with our custom website. Since we don't use shopify or anything like that, it was difficult to find a solution for email marketing that would integrate with our site. So far there have been a few hiccups, but overall I'm happy with what we are seeing.

Cons

I have not been impressed with the customer support I have received. Apparently, we are paying enough to get a dedicated customer success rep, but he doesn't seem to have answers to many questions I am asking. It has been mildly frustrating.

• Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

My sales team LOVES this software!

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Overall, our sales have gone up, our client engagement is high, and our team actually likes using the software - it's been a win/win/win/win/win from the beginning!

Pros

My sales team absolutely loves this software! Setting up email campaigns and keeping in touch with clients has never been easier for them. Before, it was a daunting task and seemed to take weeks just to initiate a simple campaign, but with Drip, it was done in a matter of hours. The system is intuitive and has increased our client engagement significantly.

Cons

There's nothing to dislike. The team loves using it, and our clients are interacting with us more than ever! I can't find a downside.

Calvin M.

• Customer Support Software

Full-featured product with excellent customer support

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

I tried Drip as a way to launch an onboarding campaign for new customers for a software as a service product that I manage. It took me about an hour to get a feel for how to use the app and configure the various settings, but all the config was straightforward and I remember the help text being well-placed and well-written. I thought the documentation and tutorials I found usually answered my questions, and when I contacted support I had an excellent and helpful interaction with the support team via email.

Pros

I think what I enjoyed most about Drip was that any time I had an idea of what I'd like to *try* to do with the product, I was able to do it. I also didn't have to involve our developer in order to implement the Drip snippet or to import my subscribers. The workflows and automation tools worked really well (too well, actually, as I accidentally imported way too many old customers and ended up paying too much, but that mistake was easy to correct later). The emails looked slick and I loved the reporting features.

Cons

I started using Drip around the same time they were rolling out a redesigned interface for creating messages, and the software seemed to have trouble remembering which interface I had chosen. This was a little while ago so I don't recall which design I preferred, but it was a little confusing to switch back and forth between the two input options. I'm sure all of that has been resolved by now though.

Kim R.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Manage your Subscribers

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

I love the functionality of this software! Nothing else compares to it in my opinion. The customer service is quick and easy to understand, and I love how the developers really listen to implement what I need for my business within their software! Bravo!

Pros

Ease of setting up workflows and subcriber tags. The ability to qualify my leads with a lead score.. the integrations with other software is awesome!

Cons

So many choices, one can get confused between campaigns and workflows and when to use which.

Lauren P.

• Customer Support Software

Email marketing software focused on what really matters

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Pros

(1) Dynamic content for easy personalization
(2) Drag + drop workflows that are really easy to use
(3) Text-based emails for stellar delivery

Cons

Honestly, not much! I LOVE Drip and recommend it to every client it's right for.

Philipp n. N.

• Customer Support Software

Good for our targeted email cadences

Reviewed on 22/10/2018

Drip helps me to send targeted email cadences to our prospects and customers and measure if they are ready to buy/engaged with our product/content.

For us as a rather small company with a limited number of subscribers Drip is a solid solution for our email marketing needs.

Pros

I like the workflow and rules capability. Also the unlimited tags and the easy integration with Salesforce and Zapier is important for me. Support is usually fast, friendly and competent.

Cons

Sometimes, the app could be faster. Also, there is not a preview function for one-off emails. Sometimes, it takes too long until an immediate broadcast is sent out.

James P.

• Customer Support Software

Tons of features, can help your business

Reviewed on 23/12/2017

I was able to put together my email list and apply tags so my marketing messages are relevant to the people I want to speak with.

Pros

I think that the customer support does a great job at letting you know when they will and will not be available - there will be popups that let you know when you can chat. Chat is also pretty responsive.

Cons

I think that there are a lot of features, which means there is a lot to take in. Some more video tutorials or how-to guides on how to use Drip would be helpful.

Phil A.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Excellent email automation

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Pros

It’s ease of use when it comes to fully automated workflows, when you delve into it, Drip becomes an extremely powerful marketing tool

Cons

The default page you see when you log in is pretty useless, in the sense that it shows you three stats that have no actual meaning for us. Maybe it’s just the way we are using Drip, but I don’t have any need to see the monthly website visitors when we are checking that in Google Analytics anyway

Julia M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

We love using Drip

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

We've really enjoyed using Drip on our platform and have seen an increase in conversion since implementing it.

Pros

I was most impressed by the sales and customer support team at Drip. When we first got the system set up their team was responsive and helpful, eating their own dog food and communicating with us through the drip chat tool. When the team didn't know about an error, they quickly connected with their dev team on it and had a response to us by the end of the day. They are a truly wonderful team to work with.

Cons

We've liked pretty much everything about the software!

Alissa D.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

Rich possibilities, if you know what you're doing

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Drip has the capabilities to build all the individualization I'll ever need. I'm learning and it feels a little more seamless the more I do.
Customer service is available via live chat and is getting faster, which is great a

Pros

You can do a LOT with Drip. The workflow actions are vast and the visual builders are really awesome.

Cons

Still feels really "techy". There's a lot of steps to complete to add Rules, Tags, and Actions. I feel like I need to back out of where I'm at regularly to go back and do one more thing elsewhere. It just feels clumsy sometimes.
And it doesn't function very well on mobile.

David S.

• Customer Support Software

Amazing software with great functionality to automate marketing efforts

Reviewed on 12/07/2017

Very capable, but complex and time-consuming to setup properly, which was the main hurdle for us in migrating over to Drip, however it's great functionality will hopefully make all the effort worthwhile.

Pros

Migrating over from Mailchimp, this offering is infinitely more functional and will allow us to implement more automated marketing efforts.
Tracking subscribers across multiple platforms through official integrations or by utilizing Zapier makes the system even more powerful.
Filtering subscribers to target them for cross-selling our various products/services is incredibly powerful.

Cons

Setup is very complex and it takes quite a while to get things really setup and working properly.
Support is sometimes a bit slow in responding.

Nicholas M.

Beautiful emails made easy

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Drip has allowed us to interact with our subscriber base like no other. The statistical information given is also a huge help. We love it and will continue to use for some time.

Pros

The ease of customization made it possible for us to create just about anything we wanted.

Cons

Campaigns are hard to set up on the fly. I would like to be able to add an email to a campaign at anytime without interupting the campaign. Its a guessing game if you send an email out 1 week and the next email has to be sent on a random time variable instead of immediately or with the option to schedule.

Tyler Y.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Email marketing at a great price with functionality only limited by your creativity.

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Drip allows you to set up multiple accounts at no extra charge. So long as you're under the total number of contacts for your tier, you can manage several businesses under one roof. While there are a ton of features I love about Drip, this alone was worth the switch.

Pros

I love the flexibility. Coming from other software that relies on lists, it was a breath of fresh air to work with custom fields and tags, powerful segmenting options and more advanced features like lead scoring that used to only be available in software packages considerably more expensive.

Cons

There is a learning curve, but it's gotten lower over the years as the software has progressively improved. As Drip moved from text-only to bringing out a WYSIWYG editor, it didn't always play nice with corporate (i.e. Outlook) inboxes that like to strip styles from email. They have been implementing workarounds for this as well.

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Love Drip

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Pros

The software is easy to use and allows me to format my newsletters and track all the data I need. Their support team is fantastic and take the time to explain steps or find solutions to my business needs.

Cons

The price is a negative, but I realize getting a quality product with the support does come cheap.

Great for marketing automation

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Pros

Drip is an amazing software and ahead of its time for automation and lead routing. Very easy and robust once you get to know the software and can help boost conversions and qualify leads.

Cons

Kind of expensive once you have a medium number of subscribers, but they do offer a lot for what you end up paying.

Matty 'mando' A.

Great Value 7 Great Functionality

Reviewed on 21/10/2018

Great!

Pros

The option to have HTML image-based emails now.
It works easily and is clear with the new branding.
Options are endless.

Cons

Lack of help with the logic of flows and being able to test them to see if they are working.