Drip

Drive more revenue from each and every customer.

4.2/5

161 Software options

Carlos M.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

A serious contender as an ecommerce CRM

Reviewed on 08/09/2019

It has been great. The CRM is truly geared towards Ecommerce and there are many ways you can configure the platform for your specific needs.

Pros

I really like the concept behind it. The interface is intuitive and easy to use even for new users. You can configure your campaigns in many different ways and you can know with details what people are doing on your website and what emails are they reading.

Cons

The email creator isn't very easy to use. I prefer other interfaces that are more polished. Also, if you aren't using their forms you cannot get statistics into your website.

Keap

Reasons for Choosing Drip

Because we needed something related to E-Commerce and not just email-driven.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to Drip

Because it is the best option in it's niche.
Jonny C.

Comprehensive software!

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

Cool. It's way better than Active Campaign! Early days, but looking promising!

Pros

Nice drag-and-drop templates, and an intuitive user interface. Also seems more reliable than AC was.

Cons

It's occasionally buggy with our RSS feed
Also, the reporting sucks, as it's a whole day before analytics appear after an email send

AWeber

Cost, ease of use
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best In Email Automation

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Drip helped our company get good cart abandonment and welcome series in place in an easy way. The tracking and integration with Shopify was very easy. And we are already generating sales with drip in the first week. We are ready to start tagging and segmentation and will report back on another review when that is completed.

Pros

Hi

I am currently setting up Drip and have had about 1 week with it and can give my initial 2 cents. I really like how many things you can do if you are willing to put in time and some effort. The integration is easy with many shopping carts and other apps, and the segmentation is very advanced. It is how these segmentation work together with the Email workflows helps make it easy to craft automated emails at every step of buying process. From ecommerce cart abandonment to sending one off emails , to sending out win back campaigns everything seems like it is possible with Drip. The email editor is easy to use and the templates give you enough to get going. I imagine more people use regular html emails with Drip.

Cons

Drip is a tool and it is how you utilise that tool is what you will get out if it. Drip does not hold your hand and offers everything you need for a successful email marketing but what is there in terms of the editor is fairly basic. It gets the job done but I wish for a more robust features like bringing in product by name into the emails.

Thomas W.

• Customer Support Software

The interface can change quite a lot on you in the course of a year

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

Drip's support team is quite helpful, but the software itself doesn't do the user many favours. It does save you time with email workflows, but the process of using Drip day in and day out involves a lot more clicking and re-filtering than necessary.

Pros

We handle a lot of our email marketing through Drip and we're able to set up some complex workflows and rules to save a lot of time, while still offering our own customers a good, consistent experience.

Cons

Drip's UI can change quite a lot, and their latest move to a side menu (instead of a top menu) has added a lot of clicks to everyday work. The menus used to have a hover effect, so you could select a sub item with one click. The new design requires a click to activate the menu, and a second click to select the subitem. You multiply this over the days you use Drip and this really adds up.

I also find it disruptive that I can't save my preferred views in each category. I have my own sign-in and yet the views for broadcasts (single emails) always defaults to no tags. I'd much prefer to see the newsletters and webinar emails that I send, while filtering out the sales emails that are also in that list.

Jeremy C.

• Customer Support Software

A day to learn. A lifetime to master.

Reviewed on 28/10/2018

Overall, the whole thing has been great: cost, customer support, and the general system.

Pros

I love that Drip is simple enough for someone with no marketing automation experience to pick up and use pretty easily. But that, once that initial hurdle is conquered, there are incredibly advanced features, as well. I have barely scratched the surface of what it can do, but I know that it'll be quite a long time until I figure it out all. However, along the way, I'll have exactly what I need to do the basics, and don't need to hire someone to do it for me.

Cons

The analytics take a bit to dig into, sometimes. They're on so many screens, so it's hard to decipher some of the more insightful information.

Also, the workflows aren't always the most intuitive things, but simple tutorials are helping with that. It's better than most other systems.

• Customer Support Software

The best email marketing tool that I have used

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

I am able to automate lead magnet delivery sequences, do drip campaigns, and do broadcast emails in one place.

Pros

The best thing about Drip is the power it gives you. It takes a little bit of technical expertise, but between the tags, custom fields, and their powerful visual workflow builder you can build automated drip campaigns that maintain a personal, relevant touch.

Cons

It is difficult to bring in your own custom HTML responsive email templates without being a programming expert.

Response from Leadpages

Hi there,

The Drip team thanks you for taking time to write us a review!

I wanted to let you know we have just launched our Visual Builder, which dramatically reduces how much manual labor you need to make your designed email dreams a reality. Simply point and click to add images, buttons, columns, and more so you can create engaging visual content without touching code. No programming expert needed!

Thanks again,
Sam from Drip

Ben L.

Best automation platform for SMB

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

Drip is, in my opinion, the best marketing automation platform for the SMB. I've worked with more automation platforms than I can count on one hand, and Drip simply takes something that's supposed to be complex and makes it super easy. We now use Drip with most of our SMB clients.

Pros

easy to use
very powerful
great price

Cons

email templates are somewhat basic, but they work well anyways.

Response from Leadpages

Hi Ben,

Everyone here at Drip appreciates the time you took to write us a review! I am very glad to hear that Drip has worked so well for your business.

Since your review, we have launched our point and click Visual Builder so you can design emails using flexible, mobile-responsive layouts. It really is an awesome way to showcase what you're offering through the power of pictures without messing with any code.

Thanks again,
Sam from Drip

Dave R.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Drip Review

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Pros

Uses tags & segments instead of creating multiple list so you have a person in the database once instead of multiple times like other systems

Easy to create workflows/automations and creating rules for simple tasks like adding a tag or starting or stopping a campaign.

Can have multiple lines of business under one account. I have 3 separate lists in 1 drip account

Easy to see each subscribers activity and scores

Cons

There doesn't appear to be a way to see who opened an email from within a campaign. You can see how many opened it as a number and a percentage of those who were sent it, but cannot drill down to see which people opened it without having to go to the individual subscriber

Support is slow, it can take many days to get a response. Even with a chat option many times no one is available to chat

Carolina D.

Marketing automation solution.

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

With the use of Drip I have been able to create targeted marketing campaigns with smart features. This has helped me a lot in my daily work.

Pros

The most positive aspect is that the free plan offers comprehensive functions for companies with 100 subscribers, the creator of visual workflow is very intuitive and easy to handle, also has new integration with Facebook Custom Audiences.

Cons

A negative aspect is that it is intended Drip companies business customers (B2C), especially retailers.

Erik Z.

• Customer Support Software

Simple way to create a sale funnel

Reviewed on 28/10/2018

I really like the support with Drip - usually not more that a day to get things answered and resolved.

Pros

I really like the the drag and drop functionality and visual approach to creating a followup system. I also like the fact it works well with Zapier as I have it set to detect sales from my cart and then send the customer into another sequence of emails.

Cons

There are just a few limitations but you can get around them with apps like Zapier.

Shawn B.

My Review

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

autoresponder and list manipulation was terrible
drip was fantastic for using just tags and automation

Pros

workflows baby!
it's the automation tool that makes any kind of funnel go.

Cons

the new color scheme.
the old one wasn't broken but hey it's your call

Chris C.

Powerful and Flexible Email Software

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

I'm using Drip for more than email. I'm using it across my customer's journey and interactions with my brand and that lets me know when they're ready to receive more communication or special offers from me.

Pros

I really like a combination of features that Drip has that makes it a very powerful lead nurturing tool.
It has workflows and automation combined with lead scoring and tracking.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve but well worth the investment in time!

• Customer Support Software

Drip was just what I needed to grow my business

Reviewed on 20/10/2018

Pros

Drip easily automates, tags, and tracks conversions, making it a powerful tool for my business. I can easily see how much money my emails have made me, and now with split testing, I can improve my email conversions. The ability to copy emails and workflows makes it easy to repeat launches.

Cons

Drip's opt-in forms could use improvement.

Trent S.
  • Industry: Photography

A great email platform

Reviewed on 28/10/2018

Pros

The visuals of the platform are modern and easy to use. All the features make sense and are very useful. Customer support is quick and easy to deal with.

Cons

Conversion tracking is the most difficult feature to work with, but it still works.

Martin G.

Great Marketing Automation Software

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

We are using marketing automation to follow up on leads more effectively

Pros

We've been able to create very customised marketing automation workflows with Drip

Cons

It's a steep learning curve when getting started

Kathy M.

• Customer Support Software

An easy to use email marketing system for the non-marketing professional

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Pros

Primarily, it's easy to use. If you don't want to have to take an advanced course in email marketing, Drip will serve your purposes. Writing the emails is easy. Setting up the options is a snap. Overall, I have found it easy to use and popular for all services that I need it to integrate with.

Cons

I wish I could tell you one thing, but overall, I do like most of the features and the interface. It's clean and easy to use. Maybe more templates would be useful.

Experience with Drip

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

Pros

What I like most about Drip is the ability to easily get new subscribers uploaded and launch broadcasts with ease.

Cons

Drip does not use 'lists' they use 'tags'. Though a cool idea in theory, the execution is pretty terrible. I have been using Drip for six months and still have not be able to get it reliably set up so that it accurately reflects the active paying customers that I have. Despite numerous calls with their support team (who are great btw) the Stripe integration does not sync as well as I'd like. This causes me to have to do a manual upload of a list every time I want to send an email. This is unsustainable and a giant pain.

Shauna A.

Drip was too hard to use

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Saw great reviews for Drip so got it set up for a client. After about 3 months, no one on the team wanted to use it anymore. The dashboard isn't the most intuitive and setting up automations was a clunky experience at best.

Pros

Good deliverability. Emails easy to customize.

Cons

The dashboard isn't intuitive. All team members found themselves confused when setting up automations, which is the core reason for us to have this kind of software.

Edwin S.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Segmentation through tags and lead scoring and a very powerful automation editor

Reviewed on 03/08/2018

Pros

Similar in automation to ActiveCampaign, Drip comes with a very powerful combination of segmentation through tags and lead scoring and high flexibility through automation capabilities.

Cons

MailChimp's lacking in the area of automation prompted us towards trying out Drip. For the time being, we'll stick to MailChimp due to Drip being comparatively more expensive.

Sarah S.

Great product!

Reviewed on 20/10/2018

Great product at a great price for someone with a smallish email list

Pros

I like Drip b/c it's easy to learn and use and the customer service is very helpful. They often respond with personalized videos on how to solve my issue or sometimes they just fix the problem for me if I ask so that I don't have to do it at all.

Cons

No cons really. Everything has been great!

• Industry: Media Production

Drip review

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Pros

It's very easy to use, and I really like the interface. It allows me to create personalised journeys and content.

Cons

I would like some more information on actions. E.g. what links subscribers have clicked. And more reporting features and overall numbers on performance.

Love Drip...easy for beginners

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

Pros

We just started using this with one client and it was super easy to explain how everything worked to the client (who doesn't really understand marketing). It also integrates with Shopify which is convenient. It also allows you to build your own customer segments with a point system which is very cool.

Cons

I haven't found issues yet. I didn't love the layout of their actual website when choosing Drip.

Love Drip!

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Drip has made it easier for me to reach my customers where they are and in the way they want to be comunicated with.

Pros

I like that Drip has a visual way to keep track of funnels and automations.

Cons

Becasue it has so much functionality, it can be tough to know you set it up right.

Trent R.
  • Industry: Supermarkets
  • Used for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Locked my bank account and never got in touch with me about it.

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

Pros

Looks nice and works well for most applications

Cons

Customer service. They charged me for the free trial, which my bank suspected was a scam and locked my account. I contacted customer service about it twice and they never bothered to contact me.

Martin W.

• Customer Support Software

Really great lightweight marketing automation

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

I am really impressed with drip. I've tried about 10 different email service providers including the really expensive marketing automation ones and drip is still my favorite. Beautiful UI, very intuitive, fantastic support, and a great value.

Pros

Excellent UX, great support, powerful features, good price.