Avochato

SMS texting and live chat for sales, support & ops teams

4.7 /5 (127 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.6
4.5
4.7
4.8
Tara B.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Awesome all-in-one tool for one-to-one SMS/MMS communications and blast marketing!

Reviewed on 02/09/2019

Avochato has upped our CS game by 1000%. Customers tell us every day how nice it is to be able to text with us. It's awesome that we can use just one service for both CS communications and marketing blasts. Customers being able to text our regular business phone number is a game changer. We used to have one number to call us, another for one-to-one texting, and another one for blast marketing campaigns. It was super confusing and annoying for my staff and my customers. We also use the website widget, keywords, and automated surveys to promptly interact with our customers. The best part about Avochato is their AMAZING customer service! Quick, friendly, and always very helpful. In the past, I've had people at tech companies talk down to me because I am female and also because I run a retail/service business in an interesting industry. I've never once been talked down to by the staff at Avochato. Their few and far between bugs are addressed promptly. Rollouts of new features seem to very well tested because there is rarely a hiccup. Overall.... Love it!! It's just what my business needed.

Pros

Love the ease of use!! It feels super light weight, even though it has a ton more features than similar services I've used. Customer service is 100% top notch!! (Shout out to our rep!!)

Cons

So far, there hasn't been much! I do wish that emojis/emoticons were a little less expensive to send (they count as 2 or 3 SMS messages, I can't remember exactly at this moment) because we are all so accustomed to adding those to texts without thinking much about them, but I've pared them down a bit from automated messages and it's helped a bit.

Sarah N.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Easy B2B Texting Solution

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Overall, Avochato is a great platform. They have capabilities that I had previously thought were exclusive to other platforms. Their sales team is professional and fun to chat with. The software is easy to use and learn. Overall I think Avochato is a great product.

Pros

Overall, I loved the ease of use with this product. The platform itself is designed in a way that is easy to understand and use. Texting clients helps to build trust with our brand and this is definitely a great solution for that need.

Cons

We are really looking for a texting solution that allows us to send native video. So far, we have been unable to find this. Avochato allows you to send links to hosted videos, such as YouTube or Vimeo. But we want to be able to load MP4s as if we were using a cellphone.

Paige S.

Chat Review

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Its more benefical for my co-workers and I to use this software instead of our own phones. We have the ablility to all see the messages and be able to respond if/when needed. I do wish there was a private chat feature where you and only you can see the message between yourself and the person your chatting with. It would be nice to be able to open that private chat to all if wanted to needed. -Over all it has made communicating with our caregivers alot easier as well.

Pros

I like that the Avochato software can be used on your mobile device and computer. I also like that there is an APP that can be used as well.

Cons

Boradcast do not work as effectiley as I thought it would. When sending group text via broadcast the messages do not come in right.

Teresa V.

Positive. Excellent customer service and response time.

Reviewed on 07/07/2017

We were able to have a desktop version, which is what we lacked in the last service we used.

Pros

When we first signed up with Avochato, it was missing some features we really needed. The Avochato team was more than willing to develop the features we needed and work with us to make it exactly what my team needed. They are extremely helpful and open to improvements. I feel confident that we will be able to use this service as our company grows.

Cons

Avochato was missing some features that we really needed, but the Avochato team was able to develop and/or change the features to suit us. Some bugs have come from that, but that's to be expected.

Response from Avochato

Teresa, it has truly been a pleasure working with you and your team. We are delighted that you are getting great results from Avochato. You touched on a few things that set us apart: our customer-first mentality, our speedy response time, and our willingness to develop features our customers want and need. We did have a couple bugs pop up with newly developed features -- thanks to you and team for helping us troubleshoot and squash those. Looking forward to continuing to build together.

Aparna V.

Intuitive and easy to use product to manage customer communications

Reviewed on 16/07/2017

Pros

Quick setup with no development time - bonus points because it worked seamlessly when we transitioned our core Phone systems from one provider to another.

Free trial that helps you assess the product with no risk.

The customer support is super quick and responsive to help with any questions.

Cons

We would've liked integration with Support software like Zendesk /Freshdesk. While the product met our team's needs, it might need advanced user access management.

Response from Avochato

Thanks Aparna! Glad you've enjoyed the product and our support. We use our own product to support our customers, which is part of why we're so quick! (Never trust a company that doesn't use its own products in-house!) We are working on more advanced user access / permissions management for some of our customers that want limited team access to certain messages. We are also looking at new integrations and can definitely take Zendesk/Freshdesk into consideration. Thanks again for your feedback and your business.

Kent M.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great software

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Gives us more flexibility and faster response time to needs of our clients inside of our conference center.

Pros

Ease of use and quick set-up. Support is great and the company is very responsive to needs of clients. This software has given us much more flexibility in communication and that has been a huge benefit to our office.

Cons

The voicemail feature is a little annoying and I think shouldn't be an option.

Abdi B.

Great Service!

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Excellent service! Quick to respond to any questions! Hats off to customer service. The Kiger Group owes you alot!

Pros

The software is simple and easy to use.

Cons

Uploading can be difficult at first however, great customer service staff are always there to help via phone, video conference, or simple email exchange!

Tracy T.

OUTSTANDING customer service and the software has helped us tremendously.

Reviewed on 06/03/2018

Pros

The fact that we can "text" our technicians through this program versus from our phones have saved us so much time.

Cons

Once you text a technician, another corporate employee can "take over" the transmission which takes away from yours. This is something their team is working on and they have work arounds.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Customer Service 10/10

So far, I'm impressed.

Pros

It enables companies & brands to effectively communicate with their audiences via one medium. People tend to feel more comfortable with a brand when there's a phone number provided to contact them directly. Not to mention, being able to assign messages to people is another bonus.

Cons

Some slight hiccups in the beginning when trying to figure out the zapier integration, but the customer support staff is remarkable.

• Industry: Political Organization

Simple, intuitive platform for customer outreach

Reviewed on 17/11/2018

I love them and the team are incredibly responsive, and they've opened up a whole new channel for us to engage with our customers/constituents

Pros

Amazing, intuitive user interface. No technical background needed to implement. Amazingly thoughtful and responsive team, with a growing product that will only get better. Avochato made having a unified SMS front for our constituents super easy.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to find old conversations while using the mobile version of the app, but that might be user error

Jim M.

Great product and amazing customer service.

Reviewed on 30/08/2017

Pros

Acochato is a great tool for my inside sales team of six. With this program my team is able to always be in contact with our prospects and no one drops the ball.

If my team has any questions at all the support team is amazing. We work with the support team and he is able to answer any questions we have right then and there.

Adam C.

Super easy to set up and when any issues arise, support is prompt.

Reviewed on 21/06/2018

Pros

Very clean interface, everything makes sense organizationally speaking, and most importantly, it integrates right into our CRM software.

Cons

Nothing really. Once in a blue moon there is a deliverability glitch but in the (I think) almost year we've been using it I can only recall 2 times, and I'm the only user.

Kim R.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Integration to Shopify

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

The Avochato support team is awesome! Super helpful and extremely responsive.

Pros

Avochato’s integration with Shopify gives us the ability to contact our customer through the most relevant means — text messages. This feature is a bonus on top of Avochato’s use of use.

Cons

I really don’t have a negative on this software.

Best text manager so far!

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

We are using it to keep in touch with high value customers for our real-estate product.

Pros

Very useful, easy to use and gets the job done needed with the tools at hand!

Cons

However, in order to update the chats you need to keep refreshing.. not real-time

Jerry F.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

Great experience with my account rep, customer service, and tech support!

Pros

Ease of use and short learning curve to expedite implementation.

Cons

Short-code very costly for a small agency like mine.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great Solution

Reviewed on 17/03/2019

Overall experience was great. I would recommend this service to anybody looking for a texting solution.

Pros

A single point of contact for all texting needs. From filtering to one-to-one messaging, Avochato is a great solution for your texting needs.

Cons

Mobile app needs some work. Functionality​ doesn't match the website feature list.

Diego N.
  • Industry: Automotive

Good texting

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Pros

Great to reach out to customers for a large company

Cons

A little too pricey for a small company.

Jeremy L.

Avochato Review

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

It was another way to contact clients. The downside again was having to do it one an individual basis.

Pros

I like being able to contact my clients at whatever hours needed. I can also always have support with the text to call feature.

Cons

It was not reliable would not always notfiy clients. Also, not being able to send out mass messages was a big problem

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great to improve customer service and personality

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Great sales guy - definitely something that we will consider

Pros

The massage features, easy surveys, mass text's and automation

Cons

That it is not possible to kickstart a survey

Eden B.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Nice App

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

overall its a great app

Pros

I like that one can manage everything from one platform

Cons

i didn't feel the need to pay for the app when i can get something similar for free

Ryan Z.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great business tool for information gathering and communication.

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Texting is still the best way to communicate with people. Its the most read communication tool we have and Avachato has a lot of great features to make text messaging effective for your business.

Pros

I really enjoy some of the features this software allows you. 1 - it can connect to a landline so that you can use a pre-existing number and one that people will associate with your company. 2 - the survey feature allows you to gather information from people and store it effectively for future use.

Cons

Takes some time to get used to hoe to use the platform. As with anything, there is a little learning curve before you can really maneuver the platform and use it well.

Noah H.

Love it!!

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Pros

Love how it makes it so much easier to connect to clients via text vs email, really makes a personal connection and adds that personal touch. Highly recommend!

• Industry: Food Production

avo

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Pros

super easy to use, very streamlined. Will be back once it's updated

Cons

Not very intuitive, could use some updating on features

Gene S.

Stop Searching! Seriously just go with these guys!

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

The team at Avochato has been exeptional! They always got right back to me with all my questions. Were very helpful and a great pleasure to do business with! I highly recommend using them for your text message marketing and to take your business to a new level in staying in communication with your customers!

Pros

Like the Survey feature. We can use it to gather basic info from our customers saving us both time.
Love how easy and intuitive the framework is.
You can tag your customers in many ways and broadcast to the specific groups your message would mean the most to using those tags. This way you can be more focused and do not waste texts needlessly. We have our customers birthday in their tag and every day we can send out a Happy Birthday message to the right people. It makes them feel special!
You can program auto responses for as many keywords as you need.
They have an app for both IPhone an Android that works together with their software so you never miss a text!

Cons

Had to think about this a bit...
I guess free incoming messages would be nice.
It is a challenge to keep your message within the 160 character limit. I'm sure this is an industry standard but if you go over it just sends multiple segments. This means if you send 2 segments to 200 people you use up 400 of your texts to do it. Like I said though I'm sure its an industry standard set by the carriers and there's most likely nothing they can do about it.

Ariana M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Mainstream and easy

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

Mainstream, (everyone texts) simple, and great guest experience when they can simply text us questions about their upcoming vacation or any maintenance issues when the arrive.

Pros

What I like most about this software is it gives not only our guests and vendors a mainstream and easy way to communicate with us but Avochato is also very user friendly, simple and an overall amazing platform for commercial purposes. The text Broadcast feature is a great way for use to send a que’d message to over 1,000 in-house guest timely and efficiently. Customization is also something I have been very impressed with this company. Our tech team has worked hard with them to meet our needs as a small company to ensure we are using all features and resources to the greatest extent we can.

Cons

I can’t complain much, truthfully. One thing that our company is working with Avochato on is automatic “close-out” of our housekeeping survey. The company has worked diligently and closely with us to help meet our very personal needs.