Drift

Live chat & in-app messaging for sales & marketing

4.5 /5 (147 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.1
4.3
4.4
4.3
Guru S.

Best Realtime communication chat tool

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

We really had good opinion on drift and we're happy to serve our customers realtime with the help of drift chat widget and qualify the leads instantly.

Pros

We love the way how Drift chat helps our customers to get in touch instantly within our product. When customers get into issue or questions to be answered, they don't have to wait for email support, all the questions can be answered instantly within the chat. Additionally, it's easy for our teams to use mobile app to instantly attend customer chat from anywhere. We usually get lot of questions and leads from landing page and drift helped us to automate leads and push into our CRM systems. Integrating the chat widget within the application is also easy and simple.

Cons

The web app ( dashboard ) is too slow to load initially but the chat is super fast and reliable. I wish they had android sdk to initiate conversation within the application.

Moseph M.

Drift Ninja

Reviewed on 24/04/2020

I've become a convert for Drift. I really dig how flexible the tool is. While the free version is very basic, there's so much you can do with it using its API. For mid-level customers, while it doesn't include full automation, the targeting is very robust. And the pro level, which I use, has all the bot automaton you could dream of.

Pros

There's a lot one could write here but having some experience with similar products, I can confidently say my favorite Drift feature is its data export capability. Drift's internal dashboard reporting is useful for day to day high-level metrics, but being able to export the data and dig through it to find meaningful metrics that drive decisions on messaging strategy has made Drift stand out among its competitors. The bot builder is unparalleled and their enterprise integrations are very robust.

Cons

I use the product just about every day, but I would my least favorite thing is their pricing structure. The pricing page on their site can be pretty confusing to someone comparison shopping.

Response from Drift

Hi Moseph,

Wow. Thank you, we are flattered. I'm thrilled to hear you're happy on all fronts, and it's giving you what you need. Please let us know how we can continue to support you! Thanks again!

All the best-

Julie Hogan, VP Customer Experience

Jaseem T.
Industry: Design

Lead qualifications and book meetings - on autopilot!

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Drift support, itself, is the best example of great customer service using their own solution. The support experience is always a delight.

Pros

I'm a very early Drift user and a conversational marketing advocate. After setting up Drift, with their lead qualification and book meetings feature, our sales team has a decent pipeline with high-quality leads.

Cons

Waiting for Drift chat embed on the website feature. That could help me start a conversation with a customer from any section of my website pages.

Best Live Chat Software On the Market

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

Drift is a great product that generates a lot of website leads for our business which more than pays for itself.

Pros

Drift is an amazing tool that helps you communicate directly and seamlessly with your website visitors. It tracks a lot of information about any given person on your site so you can understand who they are before you even have a conversation with them. It also makes it easy to schedule meetings which automatically flow to your calendar.

Cons

Sometimes Drift can be too automated and frustrate people on your website who are trying to obtain quick answers to questions and wish to speak to a human.

Priyanka T.

Playbooks are WOW!

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

We got some kick-ass leads using Drift. Will keep using the tool forever.

Pros

I have been using Drift for more than 2 years and there is nothing I don't love about this product but I am here to talk about Playbooks today. It's amazing how you can set up custom messages to the web page visitors knowing their intent as per the content of this website. Great work!

Cons

None so far but while writing this review I realized that when I chat with my drift visitors while I type the Grammarly auto-correction does not work. It will show the error but it won't auto-correct.

Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Awesome chatbot for engaging with potential customers

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

Overall, drift allows a simple and personable way to interact with potential customers that visit our website.

Pros

Super personable way to prospect and direct website visitors to pages. Drift saves a lot of time for the sales team while also providing a great experience for customers and potential customers.

Cons

It may take a little bit of time to set up the chat bots if your site has multiple pages. However, the drift team is excellent in providing support through this.

Response from Drift

Thank you for this. I'm glad to hear you've found Drift personable and it's saving you time!

Please let us know how we can be helpful to you this year!

All the best-

Julie Hogan, VP Customer Experience

Senad H.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Connect with your website visitors - now :)

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 30/08/2020

We were looking for easy to implement / easy to use website chat/interaction and after checking out several decided to try Drift. Implementation was really easy and the mobile app works as charm. As soon as someone interacts with Drift on the website, the message pops-up on the mobile device allowing us to reply in the real time.
Would love to get more into Drift (paid options).

Pros

Drift is, so to say - sexy :) I love the look and feel much better compared to other website chat/bots solutions.

Cons

Although there is a free plan (that we actually use), paid functionalities could offer much much more (e.g. custom bots)... but!... Even the essential plan would be too much for our budget. So, all is good except the pricing :)

Response from Drift

Wow, thank you for the compliments, you're making us blush!

Thrilled to hear we've been easy to use and you've had a good experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there are other ways to help you!

Lana S.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Wonderful product with interesting features

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 08/12/2019

From my point of view this product is absolutely complete that ensures all my working tasks going on in a steady way. Moreover, I can easily view the status if my agents through its magnificent properties and features to accommodate all the tasks in a required time period.

Pros

This useful tool has third party integrations that allow me to access data in a more useful way in order to get beneficial outcomes from it with less time spent. Another feature that is of my interest is the unique playbook feature of this amazing product that helps me to lessen the workload from my shoulders and enables me to have a concentration on all the important tasks.

Cons

By getting all the unique features and functionalities I can not think of anything offensive in it that could worsen my experience on it. I failed to find anything to complain about it.

Industry: Computer Software

Our new primary method of communication with prospects

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Pros

Ease of setup makes Drift work well. I love the Slack integration and team member management on the back end. One of the best things about Drift is that it eliminates the need for forms and forces a quick turnaround on meeting prospects.

Cons

It's expensive for the more advanced service. It would be a great addition to our current workflow but can't justify the cost.

Great platform, pushy upsells

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Pros

The tool is easy to use and allows us to quickly onboard our users. The chat workflows are intuitive, and I love how easy it is to build bots to streamline communications

Cons

None with the software - they are the leader in the space for a reason! Their account executives are a bit pushy on upsells for additional features and functionality.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Amazing tool to bring more leads to your team

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Pros

Drift has driven a big number of quality leads for our team. It allows us to get in front of leads even before they fill out a form. You're able to catch their interest and answer questions you wouldn't otherwise be able to do until you got on the phone with them. The chat bot is a great way to bridge the gap from site visitor to an actual meeting.

Cons

I believe a chat bot tool is essential for many companies. While drift definitely covers all the basics and then some of a chat bot, we have run into a few bumps. There can be a lot of confusion with the routing rules, goals, and tracking. You probably won't get your perfect chat bot right initially after set up, so be ready to optimize along the way. I have had a very good experience with their support and Customer Success team, so they will be ready to guide you in the right path!

Industry: Computer Software

Capitalize each visitor of your website

Reviewed on 22/09/2019

It has helped us connect better with prospects and customers visiting our website.

Pros

Drift is an intelligent way to get the most out of every visitor on your website. This leads to more sales and insights passed to our Sales and Customer Success team.

Cons

Sometimes it thinks you are someone you are not. Most of the time everything works seamlessly though.

Alex K.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Drift is a great tool for any website owner

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 14/02/2020

My overall experience with Drift has been awesome.

Pros

I like the user interface for Drift. It is really easy to install on many types of websites. The platform helps people maintain their customer service with website visitors and prospects. They help you manage the contacts and leads you gain from their platform. I like how it can integrate with other platforms as well.

Cons

I wish they had chatbot features or auto reply features based on applicable use or respective industry. This would help automate some of the interactions and workflow that could benefit users.

Response from Drift

Hi Alex, thank you very much for taking the time to share this feedback. We're flattered for the 10/10 review! Appreciate your feedback about automated reply, you might benefit from checking out our ABM features. If you chat in a member of our team would be happy to walk you through them!

All the best -

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Just switched to Drift, well worth it

Reviewed on 03/02/2019

Pros

We are a SaaS company that utilizes "chat" for several purposes off of our website. We have used other, more prominent providers in the past, but Drift does a great job in distribution of chats. They are able to seamlessly allocate potential leads to salesmen and current customer support chat to our CS team. I have not seen anyone do it as easy as this before.

Cons

We have just implemented in the last week, so nothing to report thus far, but going through the demo process we are confident in our switch of providers.

Ankurman S.
Industry: Computer Software

Conversational marketing by Drift is legit

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

- Lead generation on steroids
- Set meetings without having to be glued to the screen
- Fast speed to lead

Pros

Drift created a whole new category of Conversational Marketing and they definitely played their cards right this time.

What I love about Drift is:
- Super easy to install and get it up and running on the site. UX is terrific.
- Support is 10/10 as I've always had my questions or issues resolved
- Sets meetings in my sleep :) it's lead generation on steroids.

Cons

- The licensing cost might seem significant for those who can't justify an ROI.

Great lead generation source

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Drift is a very sleek tool , with a lot of capabilities we can take adnate of to bring value to prospects on our website, the service and guidance we get from the Drift allows us to stand new campaigns up quickly and measure success.

Pros

Allows customization and fast tracking leads down the funnel , allowing them to skip directly to what they are searching for on our website.

Cons

I have not taken enough advantage of the sync with our Marketo - with some glitches we have run into but that might not be due to Drift software.

Response from Drift

Hi there,

We're flattered! Thank you for the 10/10 recommendation. We're happy to continue to work with you on the Marketo integration to figure out what's going on, please chat in with us and we'll dig in!

Johanna G.

Cool add-on with room for improvement

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

It does increase our personal touch with people on our website, and can capture a few leads that might not have reached out.

Pros

Drift has a neat framework, allowing for real-time chat with prospects (or customers) and some level of automated responses. They're on the right track for building a great tool.

Cons

Some of the functionality just isn't quite there. The routing is not as automated as we would like, and the automation tool is pretty manual to build out. It's not as customizable as we hoped it would be, and requires a lot more live monitoring.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Company size: Self Employed

Feature packed and great for startups

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Pros

First off, that it connects to Slack - It's super customizable, and offers a free plan. I've tried many similar services, but Drift offers premium features on its free tier. You can't beat that!

Cons

I do wish that a chatbot was available at the free tier. But otherwise, no complaints :D

Melissa K.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Excellent tool for customer service!

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

This software has allowed us the ability to easily and rapidly respond to our clients queries. Providing our client this type of interaction is important to building a relationship with them.

Pros

This software was easy to setup and flawlessly integrated with our web-pages both on our site as well through another service providers.

Cons

It would be a nice feature to be able to tell if the client had viewed the response messages sent. Conversely, I am sure the client would appreciate being able to see if we have viewed their messages and are actively typing responses.

Response from Drift

Hi Melissa,

Thank you SO much for sharing this feedback, and your feature recommendation. Hearing something like "flawlessly integrated" makes our product team smile . Thanks again, and please let us know how we can be helpful to you.

Over promise, under deliver

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

For a Robot feature on your website,​ they are not good at following up on their own tickets. This includes robot chat questions that they say they will get back to you. This forces you to email and they will get back to you, but then when there are more questions its radio silence. Then I pushed to get a call and there were takeaways and my contact was supposed to return my call post TWO conference calls and I had to push to get them to follow thru.

The system causes duplicates, all the people coming to the site are listed as site visitor with no history.

Pros

The ideas of what they wanted to software to do.

Cons

They made promises that they can't live up to

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Paul M.

Best Customer Engagement Tool I've Seen!

Reviewed on 05/04/2016

I have been searching for ever for a tool that can do what Drift does (it has been 3 years now). I came across Drift via ProductHunt and immediately jumped on it.
I found the app surprisingly easy to use. The setup is a breeze , importing more than 500 customers, and other data sets minutes. The integrations are priceless and extremely convenient.

I'll be honest I thought that the pitch was to good to be true, but as it stand right now is as good if not better. Drift has helped my team to be proactive and efficient when communicating with customers. Emails, Surveys, NPS and more all in one place? You cannot beat that!

Well Done!

Response from Drift

Wow! Thanks for this amazing review Paul.

Really happy to see how Drift has helped you :)

How can we make it even better for you?

Florian P.

Great easy-to-install Customer Feedback Tool!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017

great insights into what our customers (or website-visitors) really think of our product

Pros

- its awesome design
- how easy and fast you can add it to your website
- that its unobtrusive yet powerful (can give you great insights into customer opinions)

Cons

Maybe the analytics dashboard could offer a little bit more space for customization, but otherwise I really can't think of something.

Industry: Food & Beverages

Amazing product that assists in sales & marketing on our website

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

Pros

Customer Service, Ease of use for the client visiting our website, notifications when somebody is on the website and chatting, the ability for a bot to make suggestions to clients when we are away from our desk

Cons

Can overwhelm the potential site visitor a bit by asking the same questions multiple times, the user interface takes a bit to get used to

Definitely saved time

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Professional, smart, great sales people. I enjoyed working with them.

Pros

I like the model and the methods they use to save time for sales and marketing. Good concept for sure

Cons

I think the vision needs to be fleshed out a bit, but they'll get there. but right now, we were in need of making quick decisions and I didn't feel like it was something we could wait for

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Volkan O.
Industry: Computer Software

Great communication tool (not chat tool, communication tool)

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

First of all, I see a product that makes you feel great and ready. I really like chatbot (I haven't used it yet but will use it soon). You can collect data with a chatbot without forms. That's great!

Cons

I don't know any cons side of the product yet. Maybe in the future, when I moved to a paid plan, I can find some :)