Docsify

Email tracking, Send later and Templates

4.6 /5 (55 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.8
4.6
4.9
4.9
Rommel c. C.

This is the best email and document tracker for sales than any CRM!

Reviewed on 06/03/2018

If you're constantly wondering whether your emails have been opened already or your important links were clicked, this is the best add-on you can invest in. This runs actively in the background and keeps an eye on every emails you send from your inbox. Their support is always responsive and the product is constantly improving with new features. Kudos to Team Docsify for developing a great product for Sales & Marketing!

Pros

Cons

Since this is a Chrome browser extension, there was an issue with enabling individual Docsify accounts for when you have multiple Google Mail accounts open in the same browser. This is now fixed and the update was released along with other improvements to the software. Great work, Team Docsify!

Daniil K.

Must have for Gmail users

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

I checked out a few solutions on the market and found that Docsify is one of the best.
(It's affordable, has nice design & support, and provides some new cool features e.g. PDF tracking)

Pros

There are a few things that I like in Docsify:

1- Comparing to alternatives (I've tested Yesware, Mailtrack, Mailtag & Boomerang) Docsify has PDF tracking
2- Per-recipient tracking (this I found only in MixMax)
3- Awesome and quick support

And as a Bonus - nice design.

Cons

There are 2 things that I want to see in Docsify:
1- CRM-BCC checker in Compose email. I want to sync Docsify with my CRM, but not all emails should appear there.
2- Reminders.. I really this feature.

Valeria T.

Great alternative to Boomerang

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

I like Docsify as an email tracker and document tracker. So if you need to know what happens with your content after you click send button - check it out

Pros

If you need to track your sent emails - Docsify is a great option, with a nice visualization! What's more? I love the design and the oportunity to track sent documents. I don't send a lot, but when I send PDFs it's really important to know how clients read that. Used Boomerang for Gmail, but Docsify is better in terms of tracking.

Cons

Reminders... waiting for this feature. It's "coming soon", so hope the team will implement it really soon

Bimbisara P.
Industry: Design

Give Gmail Superpowers

Reviewed on 18/10/2018

Being able to track emails lets me know how and who is interacting with my emails. This allows me to know who to follow up with and in which way.

I also love the saved templates as they save me a ton of time and help me to send quality replies in a matter of seconds.

Pros

- send later; saves me from some accidental situations
- email tracking; great insight into mail activity
- templates; saves a ton of time
- BCC to CRM; get more use out of email data
- Zapier integration; opens up endless possibilities

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind at the moment but it would be nice if there was some built-in CRM and auto-responder.

David F.
Industry: Internet

They are building a powerhouse in the Sales and Marketing Email space

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

I was able to eliminate the cost of HubSpot Sales Pro by moving to Docisfy. It doesn't do everything yet that HubSpot can do but they are well on their way.

Pros

So much about this software that is great, the templates, the snippets, the open, click, document tracking, and the roadmap. Very excited about where the software is headed with website tracking notifications, sequences, and more.

Cons

They are moving fast and that means sometimes there are bugs and bumps in the road. The good thing is their team is very responsive to updating and fixing problems quickly.

Neeraj H.
Industry: Management Consulting

If you work in sales, the insights docsify generates are priceless!

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Intelligence on prospect behavior when you send them an email.

Pros

Docsify converts the presentations, proposals and marketing materials that you send to clients into web-based documents and gives you analytics on what a prospect opened, where they scrolled, what they read, if they clicked through to any specific links you sent them, which ones, where they went, etc. This allows you to gain intelligence on what parts of your material were really valuable to the prospect and allow you to tune your follow-ups accordingly.

Cons

The web-viewable document appears on a docsify URL. Anyone looking up what docsify is will immediately know what the service does and feel intruded upon. The team is working on allowing users to mask the domain to your own domain name. The other con is works only with the gsuite mail.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very useful for all Gmail or Gsuite user

Reviewed on 03/03/2019

it helps me to know which are my important customers and which are not

Pros

In love with this software I can track if my mail was open or not , has my client downloaded the proposal /PPt which was sent him , make sure if mail was delivered to client or not , in short its an amazing tool

Cons

Sometimes is buggy and downtime , if I can get the time spend by my user it will be great

Timo H.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Insights on every email

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

Pros

Just as with "read" receipts in chat messages, I wanted to be more informed with my emails.
Docsify allows me to know if and when an email has been opened and a document has been read.

This way I can plan my next steps based on data. Being able to see live updates when my emails are opened and attachments are read has become integral to my outreach with users, leads, and prospects.

Cons

There are still a few bugs in the software, but the team seems to be working to get these resolved and has a great customer support team and keeps communication open.

Industry: E-Learning

about docsify

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 10/01/2019

this year I started using email tracking extentions and I switched from one to outher untel I added docsify to my browser then I became able to track my emails easily.

Pros

all the features specially notifications : if somone have saw my email . also file tracking .

Cons

time that the user have passed in viewing my files

Industry: Internet

A very robust email tracker with accurate per recipient tracking

Reviewed on 02/03/2018

It is helping me in my col outreach programs and ofcourse existing clients reaction.

Pros

Very strong per recipient tracking. And the admin dashboard is neat and classy. The support team is strong too (which is very imp). The notification can be seen in two ways.

Cons

Location tracking would be a great boost for Docsify. I wish it to be added in the coming days. Plus it would be good if they allow free plan for the team as well.

Wiktor S.
Industry: Accounting

Good software for communication with clients

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 22/08/2017

Pros

It is really interesting way to check who has read your email - so you know instantly that it is not wise to make a followup if this is not the case

Cons

I think that their plugin should explain somehow how it works without need to watch their demo video

Eugene M.
Industry: Construction

Awesome email tool

Reviewed on 14/01/2019

Following up email and invoicing clients

Pros

Excellent scheduling and great tracking for attachments and links

Cons

So far none...user friendly and ease of use

Vojkan C.

Great Gmail addon with document tracking and productivity tools

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

What I like the most about Docsify is the information if message receiver has opened attached document/offer. This enables me to adopt my next response.

Pros

Easy document tracking implementation (just drag and drop a file in email message) which provides you data about email opens, link clicks and documents opens with time spent, nice looking reporting.
There are also Facebook remarketing and chat options available to follow and communicate with client when document is opened, but I haven't tried this feature yet.
There are also productivity tools templates and snippets (text templates you can easily add to email body) and send later.

Cons

I'd like to see mail merge option with help of Google sheets, so that users can send the customized messages to many users (Hi {first_name}, I see that you are owner of {property_name} and I'd like to offer you...).
Also, sequences are very the second most anticipated features which will enable users to send a few emails, one after the other in scheduled time.

Shiva rama krishna P.
Industry: Market Research

Perfect for B2B sales

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Pros

Docsify has put out a new definition for my email etiquette.

I now know which of my clients open their emails when and how often.

This helped me create a strategical game plan which worked wonders.

Thanks guys

Cons

None too specific to mention about but the frequent notifications are a bit annoying

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

A. R.
Industry: Newspapers

Amazing tracking email but great extra features for personal and bussiness

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

I can check if people read my email, and open my documents

Pros

Before docsify i use mailtrack, salesflares and other apps. I was looking for a track email opens and choose docsify mainly for mailtracking sistem.

Its very good solution if you wanna see if people read your emails and if they click your links

- Best mail tracking
- integrate really good with gmail (not annyoing extension like mailtrack.io)
- really good notification
- you can track email open, link clics and document reading (like a word or pdf)

Also have really handy features like schedule emails, templates emails and text snippets.

So you save alot of time and work.

I use it for personal and bussiness.

Also, support is very good and help you with any issue

Cons

That only cons i have with docsify is with undo email feature.

After send an email, you can undo for 30sec. The issue is you cannot read your email before undo. So you can undo, but cannot read the email.

would be nice if you
- can read the email and undo
- undo take the email to draft.

If you undo the email you lost you email

Michelle G.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Cool and perspective tool. I'm happy to have all that awesome features in my Gmail now!

Reviewed on 28/07/2017

The biggest benefit I got from Docsify is saving of my precious time. Other useful benefits, I think, time will tell.

Pros

I saw Docsify several months ago on BetaList. But I've started to use this Google Chrome extension yesterday when I got the email about their launch. And what are you thinking? My sales rep's life changes in a moment! Really, guys, I'm very grateful to you for this amazing tool. It is so easy to use that I couldn't even imagine. I don't need to go to specific environments or to install any programs on my desktop - all required statistics are in my Gmail. I'm really happy to work with it.

Cons

Some features which were listed in extension description are not available now. But I think it's just because of the tool is so young and I hope that they add it asap. (Really want to try more:) )

Response from Docsify

Thank you for the review, Michelle!
You're right, some features are not available now, but we are fixing this moment. We'll be happy to provide you with all new awesome functionality as soon as possible.
Enjoy the Docsify!

Iva N.

Excellent email tracking addon for Gmail or GSuite

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

I've been using Docsify for about 10 months for tracking open rates for my proposals and I am very satisfied.

Pros

I love the option to track opens, clicks and even document download and how many pages of the proposal client has read. There are also productivity tools like text snippets and templates that can be easlity used.

Cons

The software is still being developed, so sometimes there are down times, but support is very friendly and active.

Aaditya K.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Good email tracking tool

Reviewed on 30/08/2018

Pros

Ability to see the engagement with email content & attachment - time of open, number of times opened, document viewed etc.

Cons

Some corporate mail servers do not allow access to the link - so need to resend attachments the standard way -

Time stamp is usually off in the email notification - data is fine on the web dashboard -

Alessandro S.
Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Great product!

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

Pros

I love the product! It's a startup so sometimes it's buggy (they just released a big update to solve the attachment issue), but it's worth a lot more of what you pay. AAA+

Cons

Attachments, dashboard are a bit complicated, but do what they should do.

Docsify provides a tracking experience within gmail that is far more robust than your average app.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

The ability to know when a recepient has reviewed your proposal and/or attached document, instead of wondering "have they looked at it? should I follow up?" - with Docsify you know.

Pros

It provides the ability to track the amount read or scrolled on for attached documents, so not only do you receive the open/read tracking, but more importantly you know when your proposal has been reviewed and/or document attachment.

Cons

The complexity of activating the extension each time inside gmail seems to be a bit "off cue". Sometimes it needs an extra click to get going or log in again.

Claudio B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Liked it. Lots of function i didn't expect

Reviewed on 09/08/2018

Pros

it has more stuff than i expected, i particularly liked the direct chat and the ai suggestions
also it has a lot of integration by apis

Cons

it has a bit of an initial learning curve

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Matthias S.

A completely new experience with gmail emails, that gives you safety and great insights

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

Great insights and the safety, that your email was opened (or not).

Pros

Now you are seeing when someone opens your email, you are seeing exactly which contained links were clicked, you are knowing whether contained pdfs, videos and so on where beeing downloaded...

Cons

Often already beeing sent emails stay in the drafts-folder. It's no bigger problem because you can delete them in this case right away, but it seems to be a little bug.

Caleb O.

Docsify Review

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

The tracking function is excellent; I must confess. It tells you when a recipient opens an email, clicks a link, or downloads a document.

Pros

It tracks all emails in your Gmail interface automatically. Also, It specifies the geolocation of the recipient and the device they use.

Cons

It's a good platform but you have to upgrade to enjoy its full benefits. Nonetheless, the free version boasts awesome features.

Pilar V.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

Pros

The tool is great and very complete, but also the support they offer deserves to be recognized, fast and always interested in helping you, sincerely a pleasure, I take the opportunity to greet team who treated me very well.
Thank you very much!!!!

Cons

Nothing to comment, honestly at the moment all right!

Chad B.

Excellent service

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Docsify is on my must-have list for productivity tools. I would definitely recommend Docsify to anyone interested in tracking their emails and becoming more productive.

Pros

Email Tracking, Send later, Templates, Shortcuts, Undo Send, etc

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at this time.