Mailbutler Business

Email communication and contact management

4.7 /5 (71 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.3
4.6
4.8
4.6
Kavya S.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

True to its name--outstanding buttling

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Pros

I downloaded this software after hearing a coworker rave about its features, and it hasn't disappointed. Seamless installation. The tracking info, which includes when the email was opened, is such a handy feature. The Mailbutler email signature designs are sleek. The undo send is a godsend and is easier to use than Gmail's version. Highly recommend this software.

Cons

Occasionally the delay mail feature takes a moment "preparing" the email before sending, which can be mildly irritating but it usually resolves under a minute.

Samy-félix P.
Industry: Real Estate

A need to Have App

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Pros

It's already 4 years I'm using Mailbutler everyday for my personnal and proffessionnal use.
Now, with this app, I have it in My iphone, it's so useful. I can't miss it !

I use a lot the undo setup wich allow to undo after sending a message.
The read confirmation too, very useful on Apple mail.

Cons

They put away a fonction, making you able to add files in mail and with a click, the files was transformed in links to the files on gooogle drive, so useful and now they stop it.

Anika L.
Industry: Graphic Design

Life saver

Reviewed on 11/01/2021

Besides the above-mentioned disapointment with the subscription changes, I honestly cannot run my business without MailButler! I am a night owl and tend to do most of my work at night, after business hours. I don't want to encourage clients to email me at all hours expecting a response, so the ability to snooze/schedule emails to appear and send during my business hours is a life-saver!

It's also amazing to be able to see if my emails have been opened, and the time they were opened. This has helped to resolve some conflicts in the past.

All-in-all, I would highly recommend MailButler to all night-owl entrepreneurs like myself. It will save so much time and brain space to let MailButler do the heavy lifting.

Pros

Send-later allows me to schedule emails during my business hours.
The ability to see if the email has been opened is an asset.
Works with all the emails on my server system.
Super easy to use within the MacMail system.

Cons

I originally purchased MailButler when it was called "Send-Later" and the scheduling was all it did. The Send-Later software was sold at $25 for life, but within a year of me purchasing it, was bundled within a subscription (MailButler) and the Send-Later software was no longer updated. I now pay per month almost the same that the "for life" software cost.

Shaun M.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Tracking made easy

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Pros

The ability to know exactly when someone opened and read the email without asking for a read receipt is so good, it allows you to act dynamically in pursuing leads, chasing responses and more... the ability to add custom signatures to multiple email accounts makes life so easy and the Schedule send is the icing on the cake

Cons

Cost is high for small business, but there is a lot in the package

David T.
Industry: Law Practice

Efficient, simple and what else

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Pros

Integration with the Mail Mac client easy and simple. It works fairly well within an Apple environment despite some issues with the "send later" option.
Allows with its readiness, efficient managing of email flows and follow-up.
A terrific cutomer team: prompt to answer, reliable, professional

Cons

Crashes from time to time Mail Mac and few issues that yet are oftenly corrected with updates.

Kelli C.
Industry: Real Estate

Mailbutler has some great features!

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Pretty good, it is helping us schedule emails and therefore not need to set reminders (that may be missed) to send out emails and schedule everything in advance.

Pros

We love the ability to add this extension to our Apple Mail, and then use it to schedule emails to be sent out at a later date.

Cons

The other provided features with this software are unnecessary to us, and usually just make simple tasks on Mailbutler annoying. Every once in a while, the software fails and important emails don't get sent as scheduled.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Simon R.
Industry: Legal Services

Great add-on to Apple Mail

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Really like MailButler. It keeps my email routine organized. The possibility to set reminders and to confirm when an email has been read is very useful.

Customer service is A+

Highly recommended !

Pros

Ability to send email at a later date
Ability to see when an email has been opened

Cons

iOS app more limited. But not a dealbreaker for me.

Matteo M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

An amazing productivity tool

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Pros

Easy to install, very easy to use, very useful to boost your productivity (the TASK and the SNOOZE features really help me a lot)

Cons

Every time the software is updated you need to quit and relaunch Mail in orders for the updates to take effects. Just a little small annoyance, though.

Vincent C.
Industry: Philanthropy

Absolutely essential

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Pros

I use several signatures for different profile : personal, association leader

Cons

What's missing ?
1) For sending to multiple recipients, find out who opened the sent mail
2) a version for Thunderbird. Apple mail lack some features

Amanda W.
Industry: Entertainment

A simple and easy way to track and schedule emails

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

Pros

I really like that you are able to track all emails that you send out. This helps with being able to send appropriate follow up emails.

Cons

From what I understand this service is only compatible with Mac Mail (which I use). I don't always send emails from Mac Mail and would like it to be compatible with Google, as well as mobile capabilities.

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Essential for Apple Mail

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Pros

I bought it so that I can tell when people read my emails without having to request a read receipt, which continue to flood your inbox. It provides that information exceptionally well. I also live for the "snooze."

Cons

I need this product on my phone as well. I have to draft an email and wait until I get to my computer so I can send it, otherwise I won't get the read notifications.
I would love to know about my links, but that feature is too expensive. I use bitly.

Carlyle L.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Are Your Emails and Email Links Being Seen and Read?

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Again as I have indicated, users not in a business environment would not be able to purchase the professional edition as it is expensive

Pros

Mailbutler is an amazing piece of software. Whenever I send an email or an email which has links, I can be notified by Mailbutler that the email has been read and if the receiver has opened any links that I have included in my email. There are many other features to this software that I can use when necessary like delaying when an email can be sent.

Cons

The Mailbutler Business is the professional side of Mailbutler which is extremely expensive for users who are are not in a business environment but would like to use some features in the business application.

Tom Y.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Mailbutler

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Very positive at this time.

Pros

Mailbutler is easy to use and with multi-email, multi-device capabilities, very easy to keep up with tracked emails.

Cons

Looking forward to seeing the impact of the upcoming cutoff of essentials, but for now, very happy with the software.

Amy R.
Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Makes Mail better!

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Pros

It improves Apple Mail features. I like having a delay on sending an email, making notes on emails and reminders.
and being able to track what emails I sent to who in one easy place

Cons

The cost is quite high, so you'd have to really need all the pro features and utilise them daily to make it worth the cost.

Corey T.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great Product

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Pros

I love the delayed email features, which allows you to schedule and send emails at a later time. I can compose emails for my team while sitting on the couch at night, and schedule them to send at 8am. Super function!

Cons

System glitches or fails at times, and emails aren't sent properly.

Mike K.
Industry: Computer Software

I like many features, but inconsistent on emails and tracked links -too many bugs

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 04/09/2020

Pros

Simple to automatically track emails, how often clicked, where, and on type of device. I like that I receive notifications in the browser when my emails are opened or email links clicked. The dashboard could be better.

Cons

I liked many features with Mailbutler, but several of my emails are not being tracked. Using Office 365 (client), most of my emails are not being tracked. It seemed to work better-sending emails via my browser. Hopefully, support can figure out why this is happening.. response from support is a little slow

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

William E.
Industry: Mining & Metals

Mailbutler is great

Reviewed on 11/01/2021

Pros

It adds many functions to my mailbox and streamlines the addition of custom signatures. Really great software

Cons

Nothing. It is just wonderful. It has met all my expectations and then some!

Industry: International Trade & Development

Check carefully to see if this is really the best solution for you

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/06/2020

It works perfectly, but I think that there are other more cost effective ways to do what this software offers

Pros

It integrated easily with my native mail app to fill a gap between what Microsoft Outlook would do and features offered in Apple Mail eg delaying send, setting up templates,

Cons

The limits on the number of actions in each level didn't really fit with my business and I found it to be more cost effective to just buy Microsoft Office and use outlook

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Anibal S.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great for organizing mail

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Pros

Snoozing feature, great compatibility and dont have to put password.

Cons

bit expensive for personal use but works fine.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Rhiannon N.
Industry: Music
Company size: Self Employed

Where was this all my life?

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

I like the product but hope more functionality is added. I also really want the option for a lifetime version and hope this can be made available. :)

Pros

This software really helps me to run my small business. My favourite feature is the activity: message opened acknowledgment. I can anticipate when people will reply and am not thrown off when I hear back from someone months later. It is also helpful in dealing with vendors who claim they never received an email, yet I know they read it. It keeps us all honest!

Cons

I wish it was trackable when sending from my iPhone. I have to wait until I am at my laptop to send an important email.
I also wish it was easier to locate the delay countdown once I hit send-- if the little window with the send now/unsend closes, I cannot figure out how to reopen it.
I also want to use more features other than track but find them hard to manage being alone in my organization. A single user version would be ideal.
It's also rather costly. I tried to sign up for the lifetime version but was told it was no longer offered. I keep entering contests and really think it would be ideal that a manager allows me this opportunity. I am too small a business to keep paying these fees every year, especially as I am in Canada and the currency exchange is killer.

Sugith V.
Industry: Entertainment
Company size: Self Employed

Good signatures make it worthwhile

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Pros

Signature feature allows you to set up very slick signature for your email you can use repeatedly but optionally.

I also like the 9 second unsend option.

Ability to track email receive/read is well implemented though I seldom need it.

Cons

A bug in an upgrade stopped logos from being displayed correctly in signatures. It took several updates to correct.

Earl G.
Industry: Photography

Mailbutler Has Become A Major Part of How I Do Business

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

In the 2 years or so that my team has been using this, we've had no real problems with using the product, and when we've had questions they've always been answered in a timely manner. We've recommended the product so many times to others who are seeking software to do this job and inside Facebook groups that we are part of.

Pros

The notifications that I receive when people have opened up a mail and/or clicked a link have become invaluable for my 'Just in time' follow ups.

Cons

It would be great if you could get these same notifications when using the product on a mobile device.

Martino R.
Industry: Banking

Mail with steroids

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Pros

If you wanna do business with your email, this is the only solution you need.

The best scheduler, tracking, follow up, add to notes and many other features email plugin for you business.

Cons

Mail tracking is very useful like follow up and other function

Gert M.
Industry: Internet

Everything that should have come with Apple Mail

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Pros

The functionality is outstanding. It brings all the features that should have been standard in Apple Mail.

Cons

It's a bit on the pricy side and it is subscription ware.

Tano B.
Industry: Law Practice

Very good features

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 27/08/2020

Pros

One of the most helpfull features is the option to delay the sending of a message.

Another very helpfull features is the option to see if the recipient got the message and received the message, like on Whatsapp.

Very user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Unfortunately, not one of the official providers for secured electronic communication in Switzerland [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], which it could become if it applied. If it was that, almost all swiss lawyers would use Mailbutler, because the only two registered providers have apps that are really not user-friendly.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10