GanttPRO

Online Gantt chart software for project management

4.7/5
4.7/5
4.8/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Dmitry

• Customer Support Software

Best tool for product roadmap planning and project progress tracking

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Pros

I love that I'm able to see the project status overview, and then immediately navigate into specific tasks / assignments.
Also, I can manage dev / marketing without switching to different board (like in Trello).
Also, it's visual. Trello board became too clumsy for me over time.

Cons

It's a bit complicated. But simpler products do not allow you to manage time.
I switched from Trello. It worked fine until I started to need to plan ahead, and not just focusing on immediate priorities.

I recommend switching to Ganntpro when you need TIME planning! Not earlier.

Response from GanttPRO

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO, Dmitry.

Maxime

Perfect Tool for GANTT-Charts

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

Pros

GanttPro is a powerful project management tool that provides an intuitive and user-friendly interface for managing projects of all sizes. Its Gantt chart view allows users to easily visualize and track project progress, while its task management features enable effective delegation and collaboration among team members.Overall, GanttPro is a comprehensive and reliable project management solution that offers a wide range of features and capabilities to help teams stay on top of their projects. Its ease of use, integration options, and robust feature set make it a top choice for project managers and teams of all sizes.

Cons

Of course, as with any software, there may be some minor bugs or glitches from time to time, but GanttPro's developers are known for their responsiveness and dedication to resolving any issues that arise. Overall, GanttPro is an excellent choice for project management and has consistently received positive reviews from users across a variety of industries.

Chokri
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

• Customer Support Software

GanttPRO a management tool for development.

Reviewed on 16/02/2022

GanttPRO ensures efficient synchronization and good coordination between all the project teams and then we have developed a very good level of communication and we gain time and money.

Pros

the most impressive features I think that real-time interaction and easy workflow notices and comments with attached documents were the most impactful features of GanttPRO software.
GanttPRO solution was very useful even for the training team and was closely interfaced and implemented with our ERP information system and for all our business processes.

Cons

I hope that a template model task can be copied for the main tasks of one project at one click and I don't need to copy the template task for every new task because in our case, all main tasks should follow the same process so they have the same subtasks.

Hao

Good Experience

Reviewed on 27/02/2023

Gantt Pro is a robust and user-friendly project management tool that I found to be incredibly useful in organizing and managing my projects. The software provides a comprehensive set of features for creating Gantt charts, timelines, and schedules, which makes it easy to visualize project timelines, tasks, and dependencies. I especially appreciate the flexibility and ease of use of the software, as it allowed me to customize my charts to fit my project's unique requirements.One feature that I found particularly helpful is the ability to track progress and monitor resource usage. Gantt Pro makes it easy to identify and resolve issues that arise during the course of a project, which helps to keep the project on track and within budget. Additionally, the software provides a range of collaboration features that enable team members to work together seamlessly and keep everyone on the same page.Overall, I highly recommend Gantt Pro for any individual or organization seeking an efficient and effective project management solution. The software is intuitive, customizable, and provides all the essential features needed to manage projects of any size and complexity.

Pros

Gantt charts are an effective tool for project management and planning. They allow me to visualize a project's timeline, assign tasks to team members, and track progress. One of the most significant benefits of using Gantt charts is that they help me identify potential scheduling conflicts and bottlenecks before they become major issues.

Cons

Steep Learning Curve: I have found Gantt Pro to be difficult to learn, especially if they have never used project management software before. The software offers many advanced features, but this can also make it overwhelming for new users.

Sally

Project Management at Uni

Reviewed on 08/05/2023

I have found the experience with GanttPRO exceptional as I produced a Gantt chart for a university project that was a benefit to the project and other team members, helping to organise and maintain a realistic schedule for our project.

Pros

I liked the ease of use which was pretty intuitive. The visualisation aspect of GanttPro was very helpful for quick overviews of the project schedule. The different activities could be colour coded, as could the tasks within them, enabling differentiation of activities at a glance.

Cons

I accidentally moved some tasks on the timeline without realising. It is very easy to adjust things in the chart which is helpful but when you are not sure what you might have moved it can be confusing. It would be good to have a version history or undo function to enable revision.

Nicolás
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

University project

Reviewed on 06/05/2023

Pros

I recently tried a Gantt software and was impressed by its features. What I particularly liked about it was that it is free for students, which is a great advantage for those who are on a tight budget. Additionally, the software is very intuitive, making it easy to navigate and create Gantt charts without prior experience. The drag and drop functionality made it easy to add tasks and dependencies, while the ability to customize the color-coding of tasks made it visually appealing. Overall, I would recommend this Gantt software to any student or professional who needs a reliable project management tool without breaking the bank.

Cons

I dont like to pay and maybe its a little hard at first

Jathurshan
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

very user friendly interface

Reviewed on 16/04/2023

GanttPro is a powerful and comprehensive project management software that offers robust features for project planning, scheduling, and resource management. With its intuitive interface and collaborative tools, it's an excellent choice for teams looking to streamline their project management processes and improve their productivity.

Pros

- Comprehensive Gantt charts: allowing users to create detailed and visually appealing project plans that are easy to understand and share with team members and stakeholders.- Resource management: track team membersavailability and workload, and optimize resource allocation for maximum efficiency.

Cons

Although GanttPro has an intuitive interface, it still takes time for new users to learn the platform's full capabilities and features.

Steven
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Great for my Program Management Class!

Reviewed on 30/04/2023

GanttPro is an exceptional project management software that has exceeded my expectations. Its intuitive interface, customizable templates, and robust project scheduling tools have enabled me to easily manage my projects and team members with ease. I particularly appreciate the ability to create Gantt charts, task dependencies, and project timelines, which have greatly improved my project planning and execution.What's even more impressive is that GanttPro is a much cheaper alternative to the expensive Microsoft Project, yet it offers comparable features and functionalities. This affordability has allowed me to save money while still being able to manage complex projects with ease.Overall, I highly recommend GanttPro to anyone who is looking for a reliable and cost-effective project management solution.

Pros

Much cheaper alternative to Microsoft Project. I like that the program runs on the browser and all of your information is saved allowing it to be accessible from any device.

Cons

A college student license would be preferred.

Gavin
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Impressive Gantt charts

Reviewed on 30/04/2023

I have really liked their templates. Many platforms have templates but Ganttpro’s templates have more detailed paths and descriptions of tasks. I have worked in multiple industries and can evaluate the templates based on my experience. They provide a good path for completion. I would recommend Ganttpro to anyone who needs a nice looking Gantt chart tool to help with their project planning.

Pros

The Gantt charts have an impressive, clean look to them.

Cons

It could be nice to incorporate invoicing or be able to convert hours worked into an invoice.

Graham
  • Industry: Law Enforcement Software

Crticial Path analysis

Reviewed on 14/05/2023

Pros

As a result of studies in Project Management I was tasked with producing a Gantt chart. Gantt Pro by far was the easiest tool to use and was great to use to reflect project path we needed to successfully deliver our project on time.

Cons

There is nothing negative about it. I am happy to recommend it.

Miro

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

easier to use
Allan
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

Tested over 15 Gantt/Project Management apps and GanttPro really tops them all!

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Sign in and, go! That was my personal experience the minute I started using this app. The application is very intuitive, but I am a technical person, the real test was when I brought the rest of the team and managers to the platform. The team felt comfortable on the application and there was not much training we had to provide. If you are used to excel and to-do list you already know how to use this application.

Pros

Here are my pros, I have been using this software for a couple of months now. The app is quick to learn. You have actual printing formats; say you need to print a project map on tabloid or legal, the application outputs the right size for printing files formats. Drag and drop of tasks feels firm. Subtask numbering is a godsend. Modern look and feel. Ability to add resources like people, materials, etc.! Column view format for tasks. Is all there! GanttPro really replaces Microsoft Projects, and Gantt features on any popular project management app out there like Asana, Trello, and various others.

Cons

Reporting needs some work. I would love to see more reports like, executive status report of project/s, dashboard-like reports for team meetings, birds-eye view, burn-down, burn-up, charts and other metrics for the project/s, and just more reports in general.

Trello, Microsoft Project, monday.com, ClickUp, Wrike, and Asana

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

The product felt stable and fully featured.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

I think I tested almost all the products that I found on Google and other sites like Capterra that had a built-in Gantt feature. That was about 15+ over a period of a year. GanttPRO really tops them all thus far.
Tristan
  • Industry: Music

GanttPRO; A Software clearly built by professionals for professionals

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

My overall experience has been hugely positive. The trial has enabled me to organise several different things, from concert programming to a year-long ballet project. It also enables me to provide my clients with clarity on workloads and deadlines so they can keep a track on my progress and watch the compositions develop.

Pros

The software has a highly effective and easy to use UI, which is complimented by a vast array of features that make work life easier. It provides simple and effective tools (such as user-filtered Gantt Charts) that enable effective project management so that everyone can track their porgess on all of the assigned tasks and increase productivity. The software also bends and flexes easily if things go awry, extending deadlines and automatically compensating for the extra added time.
Overall this product is: Easy to use, Effective, Well designed and thought through

Cons

As an individual, the pricing strategy makes it difficult to justify, especially with users such as myself who work with many different teams from different organisations on the same project. Such cross-organisation collaborative work is not so easily catered for, but the features in the Individual liscence do just enough that you can get by.
Overall this product isn't: Easy to use if you work with teams from many different organsiations

Joeri
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

GanttPro is a very effective and handy tool for any project.

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

My project runs more smoothly now that progress is being tracked and planned using GanttPro. It is a lot better than using an Excel sheet as a Gantt chart of planning. GanttPro brings your planning alive and makes it easily adaptable to changes in planning or strategy.

Pros

The software allows for projects to be alive and evolving throughout their lifespan. It is easy to set milestones and tasks and assign them to your team. The Gantt chart brings clarity to the progress of the project and can be changed at any time. It is also very to monitor the progress of your team, the workload of your team and the budget being spent.

Cons

When just starting with the software it can be slightly overwhelming. There are so many options and tools that are very easy to be overwhelmed and quit setting up your project. I'd say the program does not work very intuitively but is well worth the time of getting used to.

Response from GanttPRO

Joeri, thanks for the good feedback!

If you have any questions, please, contact our support team via live chat on the site or email us at [email protected].

Rodrigo
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Excellent tool for the organization of tasks and equipment

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

I have been jumping from tool to tool (as mentioned above) that allows me to organize the tasks of my equipment but when I find this tool that allows me to better manage my work team, I experience a simple management and a great help for organize my tasks and those of my team. It allows me to observe only the GANTT diagram for the presentations to my bosses about the projects, it allows me to export to excel so that my Project Management can register all my schedule and evaluate the times. Finally this tool allowed me to be more agile and organized without being configuring or writing rules for my tasks.

Pros

I have been searching and testing several tools that allow me to organize tasks and resources, among them: Trello, Instagantt, Project Libre... But this system allows you to organize tasks in an intuitive way, without complex configurations, drag and drop tasks, work collaboratively with several people without us being in the same place, a collaborative tool, I can also export my diagram to image and excel, this helps me a lot to make my presentations of projects, also its high parameterization of elements: days holidays, work hours, work days and also allows me to observe how I am giving the workload to my team, allowing me to be equitable when the work is concerned... In short, I just started using this tool and I saw something of all its potential that it has and simply fascinates me, I'm a systems engineer and I usually work with development teams and projects that need to plan icarse. I can really recommend this tool because of its simplicity and its potential.

Cons

Its test time, it seems to me that it is something short to use and know all its potential, and even more so for those who start to see this type of tools. Maybe if you could say is that you have a wiki for each project, although the comments and details of each task and project are useful, you have to review each element to find observations to tasks or knowledge that can contribute to the development of tasks.

Response from GanttPRO

Rodrigo, thank you for such a profound review. As for the trial period, we can consider your application individually. For this or any question you have about using the app, feel free to contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected].

Ahmad
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

The finest platforms for using the gantt chart template to work schedule and allocate tasks

Reviewed on 02/02/2022

So I could better explain their projects and tell them of developments, he helped me illustrate the work programs for different clients in a bar chart manner. And all of this utilizes basic technology offered by GanttPRO for a modest fee via a website, without the need for complicated processes and programs that are difficult to master and explain to clients. It will also help me clarify the work plans for their projects and tell them of updates.

Pros

I admire the ability of GanttPRO to distribute responsibilities precisely and clearly to our team members, which is a great method to handle projects. The Gantt chart template offers everyone more attention and makes them eager to complete the activity on time. I particularly like GanttPRO's ready-made templates that allow me and the team to quickly develop their plans. In addition, I enjoy how updates are done on the baseline work schedule and the exact results that can be retrieved from those updates that let you know which activities are progressing according to plan and which are overdue.

Cons

It's easy to use, has a nice user interface, and once logged in, you can work directly, save and share modifications with peers. This will allow you to start a new project and share it with the team, as well as update existing ones.

Sarah

• Customer Support Software

If there was mobile access, it would be a 10/10 product for me.

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

Pros

It is intuitive to use. Customizable tools are available at all project stages (planning, management and follow-up of projects), which makes our job much easier. Also, when I want to buy a product, I want the support team to be fast and solution-oriented. It's not something I prefer to desperately wait for when I have a problem. I really liked the customer support of the GanttPRO platform.

Cons

Lack of mobile access is its biggest drawback. When we need to do our work remotely, we cannot do it from mobile because there is no access.

Josefa
  • Industry: Design

GanttPro – The project management tool you'll need

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

I would like to have the UI to be more minimal. Or maybe have another feature of customizing the color of the grouped timeline bar. The blue is really distracting now.

Would like to have a back button. Sometimes I accidentally moved something but I couldn't undo it and it's really annoying, especially with the linked items. When you move one. Another would move together. So when you accidentally move something, you don't really know how it looks before and this would easily mess the entire timeline.

Pros

GanttPro has an intuitive interface. With the features it has, you could better allocate your resources and keep track of the project timelines. No more delays.

Cons

Response from GanttPRO

Josefa, thank you for using GanttPRO and writing this review. I would like to pay your attention that you can easily change your task color in task settings. Right now, we have 18 different colors. Also, at the top right corner, you will find the History of changes button. This menu allows you to look through your whole project and undo any action made by you or even by your team members. You can go back even to your very first action in GanttPRO and undo it, fast and easy. You can get answers to all of your questions in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

Ivan

Satisfaction with use of GanttPRO

Reviewed on 16/01/2023

I am using GanttPRO software for project management where we create and implement software product by programming it, connecting with hardware (also installed during project) and publishing it for passengers to use. We are using SW for task management of project managers and all employees working in design, software development, hardware development, marketing, testing and hardware installation teams. We use it for the whole time of project for all tasks including employees hiring, product development, implementation, campaign and communication.I can put my overall experience with GranttPRO into one word: satisfaction.Looking on our work, I am very proud, we found this solution that saved us so much time with project management.

Pros

UX and UI design, very useful features, cooperation with online and virtual team members, display options.

Cons

Software is a bit more complex and to make full use of it requires you to spend some time with the software in the beginning. But it gives you a great help later.

Microsoft To Do and Asana

Trello
Ambre
  • Industry: Market Research Software
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Useful tool to follow up on a project

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Great tool to follow up on your project and now when you are overdue. The timeline option is great and mostly the dependencies. You can use it for multiple projects in the same space and allocate team users to it so it is easy to use it in a collaborative way. If you want to use it only on your own, it is not mandatory to allocate team members to it. Dependencies allows you to measure the whole impact when things get delays (which always happen) and mostly, to get an overall view on one project, which is sometimes hard to get when you are in between multiple files and streams !
Took a bit of time to understand how that work, but once you get confortable with it, it really allows you to do great things !

Cons

Response from GanttPRO

Ambre, thanks for using our application. If you'll have any difficulties, please, contact us in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

Ajamu

• Customer Support Software

Just what our organization needed

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

We have used BaseCamp which is good for managing tasks, but lacked the functionality of a full project planner. This has allowed our organization to communicate and manager short to long-term projects much better.

Pros

Overall, the application's response time and general performance is a huge asset. The software is readily accessible online, which allows for easy collaboration within a working team. There is no need to install software on multiple computers, and this makes the cost far more reasonable, particularly for organizations on a limited budget.

The interface provides a clean and uncluttered look, and all of the key information for managing tasks is accessed; including task name, start and end dates, duration, progress, and who the tasks are assigned to. The user can also customize this list, both hiding and showing information as individual projects dictate.

One of the nicer features compared to other online project planners, is a much more mature way of handling progress and assignments. With some online planners this is not possible, and in others, it's handled in a rather cavalier fashion, allowing anyone to simply type in a resource name without accessing from a pre-loaded field, leading to problems in filtering resources, just due to incorrect typing - so I certainly like the more professional approach taken by GanttPro.

Resources can be assigned costs, and the software will automatically calculate the cost for projects with this information.

Cons

Would like a greater ease to indent subtasks. I would like to see controls in the menu to shift tasks, as moving tasks seems a bit to precise in the operations.

Response from GanttPRO

Ajamu, we are glad to hear that GanttPRO significantly simplified your work in projects. Have a good day!

Peterson

• Customer Support Software

The best gantt chart platform I've ever used!

Reviewed on 05/09/2022

GranttPro helped me deal with my projects and tasks the way I need to keep everything on track.

Pros

GanttPro was the best tool I've found online to help me with the management for my projects and side tasks. Easy to use and personalize, GanttPro helps you to keep everything on track! You can plan events, projects and tasks, creating tags, setting date limit, and even inviting others to collaborate with your projects. GanttPro provides different views for the data you have, you can see your projetcs tasks as the best Gantt charts you have ever seen, or as panels grouped by their status, or even as a full list. You can manage all this with just one tool: GanttPro.

Cons

I just wish I could have found this tool earlier.

Peter
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Reduced admin, nice layout and easy import. A personal demonstration.

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

We are new users of GanttPRO in a quickly growing team of 12 and are still building our projects into the system. The demonstration provided by our first contact was very good and helped us to make our decision. We were pleased to learn that this person will be our main point of contact at GanttPRO.

Pros

Web based access allows our team to administer their tasks without an additional level of reporting. There are several system like this which we tried and finally selected GanttPRO. The main reason was the clean and easy to use layout and clear example projects. The features are clear in function where competitor products were confusing. Importing from other planning software was very easy and saved a lot of admin time.

Cons

We would prefer a tiered payment system where managers had a higher access level linked to more features combined with a lower tier for some users who only needed task level access and minimal reporting.
A way of linking tasks between top level projects would allow us to use the system as it was intended - as a workaround we currently need to put all the projects into one top level projects to allow this.

Libby
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Very impressed

Reviewed on 12/04/2020

Very satisfied. It was simple to input, add and adjust tasks and looked very visually attractive.

Pros

The visualization of project timelines and plans was made very simple with this tool. As well as being able to create a clear plan with start and finish dates, duration, assignment of tasks and more, the project timeline it produces was so visually appealing. Another aspect I liked which I had not seen before in my experience with other project planning software- one can add attachments to individual tasks to lead users to relevant information/links/guidelines to complete the task.

Cons

This software could be improved by the incorporation of relationships and drivers between individual tasks, so that one could see start-to-finish, start-start etc. relationships between tasks to effectively identify what tasks are driving the project completion.

Response from GanttPRO

Libby, thanks for the positive feedback and for using the app. I would like to pay your attention that you can create dependencies and indicate its type in the task settings. All the changes will be immediately visible on the chart.
If you have some questions, please, contact us in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ. Have a good day!

Silvana
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Perfect for projects

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Pros

GanttPro is a very easy and functional programme to use. You can do a lot of things with it and works perfect when managing different projects but want to be on top of everything. It's worth spending money on it, I've tried other programmes like Ganttpro but haven't had the same experience since they're not as easy to learn and has not had that many options as Ganttpro does. Its also very easy to invite people in your project and adapt/add/delete tasks in the timeline if needed. Overall I think this software gives a good chance to everyone that wants to plan or manage a project to learn to do it fast and effective. I would recommend it to everyone! Thank you for helping me with my current and future projects.

Cons

I did not find many things to dislike about the software but the PDF saved file should be more adaptable to the file and you should be able to customise even more. Other than that I have not seen anything other that I would like to approve.

Response from GanttPRO

Silvana, it is nice to hear such positive feedback. Thanks!

Tine

Student Project for ESA

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

My overall experience is great. I really appreciate a clear and functional interface. It has exactly the core features/functionalities that I need. Other tools are over-complex.

Pros

Out of all the software on the market, GanttPro presented my project management information in the clearest and most intuitive way. It's design is slick and prioritizes functionality. All the necessary tools are embedded right from the start. You do not need any additional plugins and there is no hidden cost. I am using this software to propose a student project for European Space Agency (ESA) and it meets all the requirements. The operation in the cloud provides independence from the operating system, which in my case is a very important feature (I am a Linux user). Considering all its aspects, it has been a very rewarding experience, it is a highly recommended tool.

Cons

If I press ctrl+z (undo) the program introduces a time-lapse feature. It is great, if you want to redo big changes but for small steps it is not necessary.