GanttPRO

Online Gantt chart software for project management

4.7 /5 (198 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.6
4.6
4.7
4.8
Fernando P.
Industry: Defense & Space
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

The unique tool that allow you to manage your tasks intraday and suitable to the Agile method!

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

GanttPro can any intraday hour, making it a versatil tool ideal for groups that work under “Agile” rules.
The lifetime line shows the process ongoing and it is suitable different access profile levels for the team members, allowing, include, make the data available for query without mistaken interfering for managerial enterprise levels.

Pros

To select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours it is really useful. This capacity distinguishes GanttPro for the all others in this project manegement tool market. The lifetime line ongoing intraday is excellent to “Agile” way of project management and this the GanttPro strongest point. The different access profile levels for the team members allow to share project progress with managerial enterprise staff. To allow 14 days to free trial is an excellent opportunity to discover how useful GanttPro is. There are official tutorial videos showing how to enhace the GanttPro usage. Besides the online livechat can help you in any case. Furthermore, it is possible to fit your group size at a fair price just consulting the livechat.

Cons

It is hard to “undo” something, like a mistake. Consequently, it is necessary to recover some previous version. Allow the keyboard short pass “crtl+z” could optimize this minor correction. Could generate reports informing stats like: tasks finished/open, tasks links, an integration percentage. Other improve opportunity would be allowed to set the link color to make easy identify the process part when the link line happen in the same time taking the same screen space.

Kristen A.

GanttPro for the win

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

The main business issue that we solved was the ability to track and manage workload for resources who work across multiple projects. Now it's all in one place and scheduling projects is super easy.

Pros

I like the ability to add dependencies and it automatically moves everything if you switch a date, it saves me the headache of rescheduling a load of subsequent tasks. I also like that you can select how much information that you want to see for each individual project and that it doesn't 'require' you to fill in a bunch of fields and categories that aren't relevant or important to your projects. I must also point out the top-notch customer service. They are quick to respond and always helpful. They have even implemented several enhancements that I requested! I don't know any other company that is quick or willing to do that.

Cons

I don't particularly care for how it calculates workload. I have multiple resources working across multiple projects and in order for the workload to calculate correctly I have to include a 'dummy task' in each project that has the same start and end date, otherwise it doesn't calculate correctly. I don't know if this makes sense, it's difficult to explain, but that was the solution I received from support team.

Ajamu A.
Industry: Education Management

Just what our organization needed

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

We have used BaseCamp which is good for managing tasks, but lacked the functionality of a full project planner. This has allowed our organization to communicate and manager short to long-term projects much better.

Pros

Overall, the application's response time and general performance is a huge asset. The software is readily accessible online, which allows for easy collaboration within a working team. There is no need to install software on multiple computers, and this makes the cost far more reasonable, particularly for organizations on a limited budget.

The interface provides a clean and uncluttered look, and all of the key information for managing tasks is accessed; including task name, start and end dates, duration, progress, and who the tasks are assigned to. The user can also customize this list, both hiding and showing information as individual projects dictate.

One of the nicer features compared to other online project planners, is a much more mature way of handling progress and assignments. With some online planners this is not possible, and in others, it's handled in a rather cavalier fashion, allowing anyone to simply type in a resource name without accessing from a pre-loaded field, leading to problems in filtering resources, just due to incorrect typing - so I certainly like the more professional approach taken by GanttPro.

Resources can be assigned costs, and the software will automatically calculate the cost for projects with this information.

Cons

Would like a greater ease to indent subtasks. I would like to see controls in the menu to shift tasks, as moving tasks seems a bit to precise in the operations.

Response from XB Software

Ajamu, we are glad to hear that GanttPRO significantly simplified your work in projects. Have a good day!

Silvana G.
Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Perfect for projects

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Pros

GanttPro is a very easy and functional programme to use. You can do a lot of things with it and works perfect when managing different projects but want to be on top of everything. It's worth spending money on it, I've tried other programmes like Ganttpro but haven't had the same experience since they're not as easy to learn and has not had that many options as Ganttpro does. Its also very easy to invite people in your project and adapt/add/delete tasks in the timeline if needed. Overall I think this software gives a good chance to everyone that wants to plan or manage a project to learn to do it fast and effective. I would recommend it to everyone! Thank you for helping me with my current and future projects.

Cons

I did not find many things to dislike about the software but the PDF saved file should be more adaptable to the file and you should be able to customise even more. Other than that I have not seen anything other that I would like to approve.

Response from GanttPRO

Silvana, it is nice to hear such positive feedback. Thanks!

Charles D.

Great tool for timlines

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

Pros

As a project manager, I have difficulty putting all of my timelines in one place, but also making it readable by stakeholders in the project and owners of tasks. GANTTPRO solves all of these problems. It's simple user interface allows for quick learning for project managers but also easily readable for others.

I like that it has a public URL, to share with non-users, and also an export feature. This allows it to be easily shared without having to invite someone to use the software.

Cons

I struggle to put anything here, as it has been quality software for me. But, if an integration with JIRA would be incorporated, not just an import feature, that would be great.

Response from GanttPRO

Charles, thanks for the review! We would like to inform you that we have integration with JIRA. Also, we are considering to launch other integrations. Which one would you like to see in GanttPRO? If you need help, please, contact us at [email protected] or via live chat on our site and we will answer all your questions. Have a nice day!

Aravind reddy S.
Industry: Civil Engineering
Company size: Self Employed

Finally, the best timeline app which I am looking for

Reviewed on 12/06/2020

I was looking for a good timeline app to plan all my projects and attach tasks to them. Gantt pro gives it all.

Pros

The timelines are well developed. The features which I like the most are the progress which is shown on the gantt bar and liking the tasks together. The ability to create sub projects and then tasks inside that sub project is a plus. I really like the organization of the projects with two views and also the workload section in the bottom.

Cons

The user interface can be a bit more friendly. But, overall, its a great tool.

Jean mathieu D.
Industry: Construction

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

GanttPro is really a great! It helps me to get more than I was expecting to have.

Pros

You the ability to add, delete and to move items in a naturally way and does give a great type of dependencies. It is easy to drag & drop and rearranged graphically. It is very convenient and even quicker than excel-type products.

Cons

When you trying to print the charts to paper it's a bid difficult when creating dependencies the tasks get linked, the milestones are hard to distinguish.

Anas M.
Industry: Computer Software

Useful Software

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

This software is one of the most valuable software I've faced in the fields of project management, it provides a bunch of utilities that help you manage your project in a better way, As a student, this software helps me in a lot.

Pros

The thing that I liked the most about this software is keeping versions/snapshots of the modifications in the cloud so that you can undo some changes.
The Overall experience is great.

Cons

The thing that I like the leat about this software is the format of the report.

Response from GanttPRO

Anas, we are glad GanttPRO helps you in your studying process. Thanks for the review. Stay tuned!

Antonio V.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great online project management tool

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

I have been working with a lot of Gantt editors for years, including desktop and online tools, and this is the best tool I have found, including desktop software.

Pros

Big pro: it can detect team workloads, which is a crucial point for me.

From the usability point of view, it runs smoothly, and the views are clean, super-well designed.

Sharing charts with public URLs is a great feature, allowing customers to stay informed about their projects.

Cons

The individual plan only can be paid by a single yearly subscription; I would like to pick a monthly option too. I think the plans for teams have a reasonable price, maybe for individuals is a bit expensive.

Matthew G.

Customer Service are very helpful

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Well designed software. Good customer experience. Too early to tell if the software will be add value. At this stage it seems like the best of it's type.

Pros

During the setup customer services have been super helpful

Cons

I've relied quite heavily on customer service to get the JIRA integration working. It's not been a straightforward set up

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you for the feedback, Matthew. Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

Emily P.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Better alternative to Microsoft Project

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

I came across this software and found that it was great, as an Apple user I did not want to use Microsoft Project and GanttPRO was a great alternative. I found the site to be extremely easy to use and was very customizable.

Pros

Can access it anywhere, can have multiple users, is extremely user friendly, not much of a learning curve from Microsoft Project

Cons

Doesn't create a flow chart from deliverables where other software does.

Charles-antoine G.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Simple and easy to use

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 25/05/2020

Pros

I liked that the user interface is really simple to use. You select the dates of the tasks you want to change and the calendar automatically pop-up to select a start and a ending date. Sub-task, milestones and task assignments is easy to do.

Cons

One feature that would be essential to have is a coloring of the lines between the tasks. It's right now to a faded yellow and it's quite hard to see. The option to having it red for the critical path would be great.

Ashley M.
Industry: Design

Easy to use!

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Overall I really like the software, I think you can do a wide range of things with it and it makes it very easy to communicate with members among a team without having to repeat yourself or frequently meet face to face.

Pros

Using this software was quick and easy, I used a given template to find something similar to what I was planning and was able to customize as much as I wanted. There are color themes to choose from making it easy to match my presentation, without adding on more design time. I would definitely use this again in the future, and will be able to use this timeline throughout the duration of my project in order to make sure I am using time efficiently and wisely.

Cons

I would like even more options to customize given color themes, as well as a way to be able to increase the size of the labels so the full text is visible.

Kamal S.

The best software for the planning purposes in dynamic way.

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

helps for the effective planning and decision making in an organization

Pros

the interface of the software and the features integrated within this software are the crucial portion of this software.

Cons

there are none words to describe this software does not worth limitations. this software is the best I had ever use

Valentine Z.

Made project management much easier

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 16/02/2018

Makes my daily live easier to manage our clients expectations while working on a project.

Pros

I really enjoy how easy and clean this application with very intuitive UI.
Also big fun of different customizations you can apply for different projects and teams to reflect your needs.
And when i did start initially preconfigured templates they had saved me a lot of time.

Response from XB Software

It is good to hear such nice words about GanttPRO, Valentine! Please, stay tuned. We are planning to release a lot of new great features.

Daria M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Gantt pro for my studies and my work

Reviewed on 13/02/2020

I love it. I made my first project in it without special training and find it highly intuitive. I love the fact that you can export Gantt in various formats and use the advanced task segmentation for easier use by multiple userrs

Pros

I started to use Gantt pro recently and still learning all the funcinoalities of this feature. As a student and freelancer this tool is amazing for my work and study planning. I like the user-friendly and intuitive interfase.

Cons

when you have numerous sub-tasks the system becomes a bit slow. But it does not seem to be an issue overll.

Jeffrey V.
Company size: Self Employed

Great software with lots of functionalities

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

I’m a Bachelor student and use this great software for plan my thesis. Subject of my Thesis is implementing Threat Intelligence in a medium to large Information and Communication Service provider. With GanttPro it’s really easy to make a good and simple timetable.

When signing up they ask if you want a short tutorial. I didn’t use this tutorial because everything is self-explaining. Just add a phase or task and set a begin and end date. The software automatically fills in everything for you. I’m glad I found this software. So much easier to make a good timetable, instead of managing a timeline in a spreadsheet. Saves me a lot of time and stress. I will recommend GanttPro to everybody who needs a simple and easy to use Gantt chart software. Thanks GanttPro!

Jeffrey Vreeswijk

Pros

User Friendly
Simple and Easy
Perfect for Time Boxing

Cons

It's not possible to get a 1 user license and pay montly

Roberto G.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Tool!

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

Pros

This software allows the creation of Gantt charts, super easy to use and super cheap! I love the user interface and the ability of accessing my projects on the cloud.

Cons

There could be a desktop version for Mac. Also, the cost reporting can be improved.

Response from GanttPRO

Roberto, thank you so much for the profound feedback! Stay tuned. We work hard to improve our product.

Uğur Ö.
Industry: Computer Software

Streamline your projects

Reviewed on 19/02/2019

Pros

In order to detail the projects, WBS is the most needed feature of many project managers. GanttPRO seems to be very useful in facilitating the management process.

Cons

Pricing should be more appropriate. The money values ​​of different countries are not suitable for this fee.

Karen H.

Great Product

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 11/11/2020

My overall experience with Gantt Pro is positive and I like the product.

Pros

This product was easy to use from the start. I like that it was easy to set up, get right to work with and did not need to have a lot of repeated steps. I was able to build a timeline that was helpful to a team and to show an at-a-glance review of a project that needed to be looked at on the fly. The use of virtual resources was helpful.

Cons

I was not a huge fan of needing to name every single resource and put down the number of hours that they were needed in the project.

Response from GanttPRO

Kare, thank you for your review. We are extremely glad that you like GanttPRO and that you were able to overcome your project management challenges.

Nigel S.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Excellent program, very easy to use!

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

Very good! I need to manage a complex project with several different levels of resources and I am happy I found GanttPRO.

Pros

Having trialed other similar products, I found GanttPRO the easiest to use.

Cons

I did not find any negative features in this software.

Martin M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Best Gantt tool

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

Pros

Very organized software for project managment - one of the best tools for gantt charts. Easy to use and collaborate with colleagues.

Cons

A bit pricy solution when small company (I would maybe prefer also longer trial for 30 days))

Richard J.

Great Programme

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

I am a project Management student and wanted an alternative to Microsoft Project on MAC and this was the best out there.

Pros

Easy to use. Great UI. Saves automatically. Use across Mac and PC.

Cons

The end of my Free Trial. It would have been good if there was a function to automatically change the Gantt chart into a WBS.

Response from GanttPRO

Richard, thank you. We are glad you enjoyed using GanttPRO. We have special conditions for students. Learn more in the app, contact us in the live chat on the site, or email at [email protected]

Also, the software provides a work breakdown structure column. When you enable it, tasks and subtasks get numbered. Try it out :)

José M.
Industry: Automotive

My experiencie as an user of GanttPro

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Pros

I liked how simple and powerful this tool can be. As a manager of several projects it has helped me to make collaborative tasks easier.

Cons

As of right now, I don't have any complains about the software

Anne K.
Industry: Market Research
Company size: Self Employed

I loved using Ganttpro. It was very easy to use and the layout looks really good.

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

I made a really great Gantt chart for an exam.

Pros

I really liked how easy it was to use. I'm not very experienced in making gantt charts, but this was so easy and everything looked really good, without me even trying. Loved it.

Cons

The only negative thing I have to say is that it is not free. Although I completely get why it isn't. It is too good of a program to be free.