GanttPRO

Online Gantt chart software for project management

4.7 /5 (203 reviews) Write a Review!

Grzegorz T.

Very good software

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Looking for effective project management tools, I can recommend with a clear conscience, GantPro as one of the most interesting solutions - online work (including multi-platform nature), document sharing, quick and reliable support. For me it is definitely one of the basic work tools now.

Pros

Comfortable and in most cases intuitive software. On the plus side, you should include the option of shared work. Well supports the management of many projects at the same time. In addition, the developers provide effective and quick technical support in the form of a chat, which allows you to get the answer to the question associated with the program without leaving the job.

Cons

Unfortunately, like all software running in the browser, there are also sporadic problems with the performance or the refresh rate of charts, especially for more complex projects. Fortunately, each project will have its own history, so in case of problems (or too fast clicking, before the program calculates e.g. dates in several dozen related tasks), you can go back to a specific point in the history and edit project again.

Response from GanttPRO

Grzegorz, thank you for choosing us. Indeed, GanttPRO has a great history of changes, so you can return to any point in the project, cancel or edit it.

Francesca E.

• Customer Support Software

Its SUPER slow to load. the design is terrible, almost unusable, started to transition away...

Reviewed on 08/01/2018

Pros

the gantt chart is useful.

Cons

its SUPER slow to load, there is no way to easily mark things as done. It doesnt support more than 10 tasks without taking at least 20 seconds to load anything, just clicking on a new tasks takes on average 20 seconds to load, unusable. I regret investing in this product

Response from XB Software

Dear Francesca. We deeply regret that you encountered problems with GanttPRO. However, thank you for pointing out to the problems with performance. They do really occur. We will do our best to fix them in the nearest future. And we would like to offer you again to join us in a few weeks and enjoy smooth project management with GanttPRO. Have a nice day!

Jeremy B.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use. Nice graphical interface!

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

As a project manager, my projects often have major shifts in deadlines due to the nature of our clients. Projects, or portions of them, may at any time be accelerated or postponed literally months in a single notice. GanttPro makes it easy to realign and redistribute the tasks in order balance out the workload of my team.

Pros

The ability to add/delete/move items is natural and doesn't require any time in designing 'if/then" type of dependencies. It can all be quickly rearranged graphically using drag & drop. I knew instantly I was abandoning the excel-type products I had been using.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was the longer than expected load time. Initial loading takes about 1 minute. Once loaded however, all changes are practically instantaneous, so it's not an ongoing issue. I've had zero issues in speed for manipulation, saving, etc. In all reality, the initial load time is not that significant and the advantages of this platform far outweigh this singular issue.

Response from XB Software

Jeremy, thank you for such a profound review. We are happy that GanttPRO gives you so many ways to improve your project management. Also, we always work on the speed of load time so that you will not experience any issues with your work. It's good to hear that it didn't cause you any inconvenience.

Ivan K.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

• Customer Support Software

Half year of project saving and agility for a very few fees

Reviewed on 22/12/2017

time saving and fast planing results sharable for all stakeholders and DevTeam

Pros

Easy start without preparation and weighty installation, without any spends of it resource!
All online and shareable for the whole team and customer! Integration with Jira software makes project planning and task tracking affordable. I can run project and estimate future of all features, not only in the small window of sprint dashboard.

Cons

it is not easy to talk about issues of a great product, but I would be nice to introduce more keyboard hotkeys support.

Response from XB Software

Thank you, Ivan, for your helpful feedback. If you need to get help with keyboard hotkeys, please, chat with our customer service agent on ganttpro.com for more details.

• Industry: Airlines/Aviation
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Software

Reviewed on 19/05/2019

Overall great experience. Highly recommend.

Pros

Great software for planning with timelines. It’s easy to quickly set up. Drag and drop feature lets you adjust. Has dependencies. Preconfigured templates are nice to save time when setting up.

Has a view range from years to hours, which is nice. It's nice to have that range to let you do big picture planning and connect that to the day to day. The interface is clean and easy to navigate. Highly recommend. Versatile software with many applications.

Cons

Only con is there is no mobile app. Sounds like that might be in the works.

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you for such an amazing review! Exactly, we're working hard on the mobile app. Stay tuned and you'll see how GanttPRO is changing for better.

Rochamukti R.

Amazing Tools

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

I was looking for a tool that can support my project management for an assignment in my university, the I came across GanttPro. This application is very handy and rich in features. I would definitely recommend this application!

Pros

This app meets all of my requirements for project management. I can add group team, so I and my team member can track our work progress in a very systematic manner

Cons

Honestly, everything is perfect. Probably one thing that could be modified is ability to hide the watermarks.

Nate B.

• Customer Support Software

I used the software in order to create a Gantt chart for a PLTW design class

Reviewed on 26/12/2017

Pros

Visually appealing, the interface is quite intuitive and powerful. The drag and drop dependency system allowed for easy arranging. While not included in the free version, the comments and file system would allow this to serve as more of a project management system instead of just Gantt chart generation

Cons

They offer a free live tutorial which would alleviate my initial complaint that at first, it can be overall quite confusing, mainly the sibling tasks becoming green and immutable. I was able to discover that it was instead controlled by whatever subtask lasted the longest.

My main concern is the value for money, simply if you are using it for the sole purpose of Gantt chart generation the price is too high. But if you use it as your project management tool it is on par with other solutions in both price and functions

Response from XB Software

Thank you, Nate, for your review. You can contact us anytime and discuss the pricing issues. Enjoy your project management with GanttPRPO!

Sebastián B.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Very powerful Tool for projects managers

Reviewed on 11/07/2019

We have a serius reporting issues, with old ways on reporting, the equip have diferents versión of the schedule and not the final versión.

Gantt pro is a excelent alternative for the people who find colaborative and agile project. Also is a good alternative for replace MS Project.

Pros

The most like is the simplicity of use, because is many ways to modify task, the most powerfull way is drop a drag, its so easy and save a lot of time.
It cost me 15 minutes familiarized with the aplication, an the next 15 minutes , we able to use the app as a expert user.

Another pro, are the board view, this funtion helps to see easily the status of the diferent task of the project.

In few words: A very powerful , simple to use and agile project tool

Cons

Some times, On 720p resolution, the task setting windows apear of the area of work. this solve quickly reopen the section. This not hapend on 1080 resolution.

Galina V.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Review of the free trial with GanttPro_Galina Vorozhun

Reviewed on 03/06/2019

Pros

1. Easy use.
2. Very clean and nice interface.
3. All color bars and tasks are visible in PDF Downloaded file, no need to scroll extra to the left or right loosing the relevance between the task and looks very clean and organized.
4. Easy to adjust the view and deleted not needed columns.

Cons

1. The huge watermarks in PDF downloads versions durig the trial. I think if the free trial access is suppose to give a chance to learn more about how the tool is working, those huge watermarks are just disturbing.

2. No legend. I understand that things are pretty visible and readable anyway, but it would help if the gantt chart has a large amount of data.

Gael D.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Ganttpro works just as expected. New features are introduced reguarly and we use it for every...

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

planning

Pros

- Ease of use, simplicity
- Fits simple projects and complex ones
- Resource management
- Sharing by email

Cons

- Moving tasks in the hierarchy can be a bit of a pain
- Can't share the gantt to non-logged people with URL

Johan A.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

• Customer Support Software

A very helpful software !

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

Pros

I actually using Ganttpro for my project, which is the creation of a web site. It is helping me so much, affording me organisation. I really recommand this software, it is such a strong online opensource.

Cons

I didn't have any problems for the moment.

Pablo M.

Excellent App

Reviewed on 08/08/2020

Pros

I think that its use is really intuitive and helps you to perform difficult actions easily.

Cons

I don't see any mistakes that I could think that are able to improve.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

Great value for low cost

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Overall, my needs are met! The software is user friendly and I can whip up a gantt chart in minutes. I'll never go back to Microsoft Project again (sorry Microsoft!).

Pros

This software is easy to use with no guide needed. I'm no pro at Gantt charts but this software allows me to be!

Cons

There are a few things I would like to be able to customize, especially when it comes to choosing what the exported version looks like.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

• Customer Support Software

Its amazing, you can do what ever you want regarding your project planning.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

for project scheduling

Pros

preparing a schedule for my new project i found all the tool in a easy sequence where i set milestone, start and end date, task, resource etc very easily.

Cons

i am using this software from three years, i did few job in this software for my project work, honestly speaking i have to work more to find out its cons. i am still in the learning stage.

Sayed ali A.

• Customer Support Software

I tested other solution, GanttPro was the easiest and fastest

Reviewed on 16/09/2018

Great, smooth, no issues faced other than I had to manually cut the exported PNG's to remove few columns I didn't want to share with he clients

Pros

Easy to start with the built in Templates
Can copy entire phases of projects
Can export filtered lists

Cons

Cannot remove some columns before doing the export
It would be better if export had more options like summary export PDF

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you for your feedback! We are very happy that you enjoy using GanttPRO and understand your concerns about export. However, we are very glad to announce that the export feature was significantly modified. From now on, it is highly customizable, and you can see previews of your exported projects! Please find more details here https://blog.ganttpro.com/en/export-hotkeys-improved-speed-gantt-charts/

Andy M.

• Customer Support Software

Great product. Easy to get started.

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Pros

Ease of use. I can quickly do 85% of what I'd like to with a planning solution. Very easy to share with a work group and manage access privileges.

Cons

Ability to create weekly recurring tasks or milestones. Would love to see this functionality added but not a huge issue.

Roy M.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

It has been easy and reliable method of producing charts

Reviewed on 05/01/2018

We are able to deploy this at the proposal and planning stages of projects to clearly outline our approach with minimal effort and cost.

Pros

This product was easy to use and is affordable for small firms such as mine that still need to produce charts to contract requirements

Cons

lack of options for exporting/printing...would b great is you could set a sheet size and or scale to fit on standard sheet sizes such as 11x17

Response from XB Software

Nice to hear from you, Roy, and thank you for your review of GanttPRO.

• Customer Support Software

GanttPro is a great resource for creating and sharing project plans with my team.

Reviewed on 05/01/2018

Pros

I only rarely work on projects which require a Gantt chart, it's not a tool I have a great deal of experience with, but with GanttPro I found it quite easy to get started and set up a functional project plan, because of the simple, clean design.

Cons

The loading screen. It looks cool, but it can be unclear whether loading is progressing and how much time there might be till it's done. The first few times using this, I just thought my broswer had crashed.

Response from XB Software

We appreciate your review. Thanks to your words, we will pay more attention to loading process to make it faster.

Thomas U.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, and has the functionality I need.

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Able to share with the team easily. Decent project tracking without too much effort.

Pros

It has everything I need, without all the confusion of Microsoft Project. Very easy to share project plans.

Cons

It feels like it takes too many clicks to get things done. Parts of the interface feel a bit cumbersome.

Response from XB Software

We appreciate your feedback, Thomas. Please, come back in a few weeks and check GanttPRO again. Now we work on making everything much easier just to reduce those number of clicks you were talking about. We expect great improvements in functionality.

• Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

A easy and flexible task managment and gantt tool

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Overall satisfied with less than a month of use. Chat support in US is limited due to the time difference and maybe small support team. But you get a response in less than 24 hr all the time.

Pros

Easy, drag and drop style is friendly for the most users with a small learning curve.

Cons

User dashboard with cross-project tasks ans deadline and a calender view is a must feature that i miss.

Reports with pre-configured reportts for effort, staff performance and deadline and progress is also somewhat missing.

Rasanga A.
  • Industry: Information Services

Very user friendly tool

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Pros

I tried many tools to create Gantt chart but this is great with features.

Cons

Little bit complex and it will be great if we can zoom out the workspace.

Response from GanttPRO

Hello, Rasanga!

We are excited that you are satisfied with the GanttPRO application! Also, we will be glad to make the working process in GanttPRO easier for you. If you have any questions, please contact us in Live chat or write at [email protected]

Andrejs B.

After searching around I finally found software to create Gantt charts which looks like I want.

Reviewed on 24/01/2018

Adding board view and interconnected progress status of the tasks are, for sure, step to the right direction.

Pros

Easy to create and share charts which are functional and easy to read and understand for collaborators. Prefect tool for to have overview of the projects and related tasks. Lot of possibilities to add and attach useful information.

Response from XB Software

Thank you, Andrejs, for your feedback. Please, stay tuned. We have a lot of new features to release in the future.

Abby L.

Senior Project

Reviewed on 14/03/2020

Pros

I needed to create a project timeline for my Senior project, which was being the Marketing Director for a large-scale conference. I needed to create a Gantt Chart as a deliverable, and saw GanttPro! It's extremely easy to use, user-friendly, and looks aesthetically pleasing! It is so much easier to use over softwares like Lucid Charts or Think-Cell. I would recommend this to anyone who needs to make a Gantt Chart, and I’ve honestly never had such an easy experience making such a complex and in-depth timeline! I will absolutely continue to use this for any future classes or work related tasks.

Cons

Gantt charts are usually pretty hard to use or navigate, so there was that level of complexity.

Nicola W.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and understandable

Reviewed on 04/05/2019

I use GanttPRO for my thesis, for planning my work and organising my time

Pros

Liked the drag and drop feature! Nice and readable, colourful and customisable. All the export functions are in the formats that I need. Gantt charts can be as simple or complicated as you need and this has all the features required to expand to meet your needs.

Cons

I dont like the CNTRL-Z function. Sometimes small mistakes are made and I just want to quickly go back, the current functionality you have in there is too many steps.

Tomas G.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Easy and Simple

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

better team coordination and overall progress of the projects

Pros

Easy to use, the intretation with Jira is not than simple but works fine, the team can join the work easly

Cons

the comand CTL+z does'nt work like office, for user used to work in office that is strange