GanttPRO

Write a Review!
Online Gantt chart software for project management

4.7/5

Kevin
  • Industry: Automotive

My 14-Days experience with Ganttpro as a student doing his bachelor thesis

Reviewed on 16/06/2023

For my bachelor thesis I was looking for a suitable software to create a Gant diagram/project work plan to better plan and track the progress of my thesis. I came across GanttPRO and tried it out with the 14-day trial version. During this time, I was able to tailor the tool to my needs and adapt it to my thesis. It should also be mentioned that I have unfortunately not yet tested the mobile app at this time and can therefore not give an assessment. In conclusion, I can only recommend everyone to test this tool for themselves!

Pros

- Tool can be used with a team, so tasks can be distributed accurately without losing the overview.- Quickly set task items and milestones based on their level and importance.- Access to the project no matter when and where you are.- Clear user interface that is easy to navigate. Thus, a quick and effortless change of the project work plan is possible as quickly as possible. - For me personally of huge advantage, the setting of deadlines for certain tasks.- A built-in export function to convert the plan to a PDF, for example.

Cons

After only 14 days of testing so far, I cannot currently summarize any points that are negatively relevant for me!

Fernando
  • Industry: Defense & Space

• Customer Support Software

The unique tool that allow you to manage your tasks intraday and suitable to the Agile method!

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

GanttPro can any intraday hour, making it a versatil tool ideal for groups that work under “Agile” rules.
The lifetime line shows the process ongoing and it is suitable different access profile levels for the team members, allowing, include, make the data available for query without mistaken interfering for managerial enterprise levels.

Pros

To select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours it is really useful. This capacity distinguishes GanttPro for the all others in this project manegement tool market. The lifetime line ongoing intraday is excellent to “Agile” way of project management and this the GanttPro strongest point. The different access profile levels for the team members allow to share project progress with managerial enterprise staff. To allow 14 days to free trial is an excellent opportunity to discover how useful GanttPro is. There are official tutorial videos showing how to enhace the GanttPro usage. Besides the online livechat can help you in any case. Furthermore, it is possible to fit your group size at a fair price just consulting the livechat.

Cons

It is hard to “undo” something, like a mistake. Consequently, it is necessary to recover some previous version. Allow the keyboard short pass “crtl+z” could optimize this minor correction. Could generate reports informing stats like: tasks finished/open, tasks links, an integration percentage. Other improve opportunity would be allowed to set the link color to make easy identify the process part when the link line happen in the same time taking the same screen space.

GanttProject, TeamGantt, and Ganttic

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Because GanttPro allow to select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours, and to create links between the tasks, and to agroup tasks in subgroups.
Josephine
Josephine
  • Industry: Computer Games

• Customer Support Software

Questionable business practices and terrible customer service

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

If you are a small business owner considering purchasing the product, don't. If you do, be VERY careful with how much you are paying, and double check the amount every step along the way.

Pros

The software itself works reasonably well. Milestone, timelines etc are relatively straightforward to set up, and it looks good, which is why I thought I would purchase the full product...

Cons

Throughout the process of reviewing pricing plans and purchasing the product, I was led to believe that I was paying $15.99 per user per month, on a monthly plan. However, at the final payment confirmation step with their payment processing service, the cost changed to $160. Surprised, I tried to cancel the transaction, but I had already clicked through, as I had never experienced a payment changing at that point. Unfortunately, there was no way to cancel through the app itself. I immediately contacted customer service, who said that they do not provide refunds and that the product I was purchasing was not available for a monthly plan. This despite the fact that I had 364 unused days on the annual plan that I had inadvertently bought, and the pricing page had explicitly stated a monthly price. [sensitive content hidden] (the only person who appears to work in customer service) then showed me a screenshot of how you are intended to find out about the lack of monthly plan - you have to select "monthly" on the top right, then go to the plan and select the number of users, and only then there is apparently a tooltip that informs you that this plan is unavailable monthly for 1 user... despite the fact that the entire website still happily shows you the monthly price. To make matters worse, in my browser this tooltip is nonexistent. I showed "[sensitive content hidden] " the screenshot from my end, and received no response.All in all, this is definitely one of the scummiest business practices I've encountered.

Yogesh
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Efficient Project management Tool - GanttPRO

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

Pros

1. Intuitive interface, clean, and nice design.
2. Projects are a lot easier to set up with GanttPRO than most tools available.
3. Good tool for long running projects with frequent changes/ modifications.
4. Integration with other collaboration tools such as Slack helps in managing the projects in efficient manner.

Cons

1. Pricing can be more competitive so that larger participants within the organization can work on the tool.
2. Trial time is too short to use and understand the tool.

Tristan
  • Industry: Music

GanttPRO; A Software clearly built by professionals for professionals

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

My overall experience has been hugely positive. The trial has enabled me to organise several different things, from concert programming to a year-long ballet project. It also enables me to provide my clients with clarity on workloads and deadlines so they can keep a track on my progress and watch the compositions develop.

Pros

The software has a highly effective and easy to use UI, which is complimented by a vast array of features that make work life easier. It provides simple and effective tools (such as user-filtered Gantt Charts) that enable effective project management so that everyone can track their porgess on all of the assigned tasks and increase productivity. The software also bends and flexes easily if things go awry, extending deadlines and automatically compensating for the extra added time.
Overall this product is: Easy to use, Effective, Well designed and thought through

Cons

As an individual, the pricing strategy makes it difficult to justify, especially with users such as myself who work with many different teams from different organisations on the same project. Such cross-organisation collaborative work is not so easily catered for, but the features in the Individual liscence do just enough that you can get by.
Overall this product isn't: Easy to use if you work with teams from many different organsiations

David
  • Industry: Construction Software

Ganttpro is easy to use

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

So far our team loves using Ganttpro. It has been a very easy transition from MS Project 2013. Schedules have gone a day to create to 3 to 4 hours.

Pros

Easy of use
Does not lock up like MS Project 2013
Drag and drop links to tasks
Collaboration with team members
Static links for sharing with the client
MS Project import

Cons

I wish cost loading was a little easier
I wish saving a duplicate project was allowed instead of having to create a template of the project

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

MS Project 2016 was to costly for the product and the service they provide. We have several levels of computer experience in our company so having a product that is easy to use was essential for our organization.

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

The easy of operation and the ability to easily transition from MS Project to Ganttpro.

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you very much for the review, David. We are glad to see you're enjoying using GanttPRO.

It is important to note that you can always save a previously created template and use it in the future. If you need help, please, contact us at [email protected]. Have a nice day!

Giuseppe

At least, a platform that truly supports me in my daily work

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

I appreciate the way the software follows my daily work. It give me and the entire team the possibility to stay up to date about the work we all are doing. Everyone knows what project and task other teammate are working on and this way we can relate better each other.

Pros

I like the extremely-simple dashboard. I know what to do, which project is involved in the daily workday and its overall status, and so I can organize my job better. When I come back home in the evening I'm more relaxed because I already know the work I have to do the next day.

Cons

I would prefer the time log section with a "start/stop" feature.
Today, I necessarily have to insert manually the start time and the end time. On the other hand, if a "start/stop" feature were implemented, I just had to push the button "start" and forget it until the end of my task.

Response from GanttPRO

Giuseppe, thank you for the review and for using GanttPRO. We would like to pay your attention that the time task tracker has a timer option. It means you can start/stop logging your working time whenever you want.

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

Angel

• Customer Support Software

Why you have to try GanttPRO

Reviewed on 28/04/2023

Pros

This tool helps you perform any type of task that involves Project Management. I consider that the main advantage of selecting this tool is that it allows you to work online with your team, so the work is more efficient and there are fewer communication losses. In addition, I find that the fact that the tool is so intuitive helps a lot for new users or people who have no experience with project management software to be able to get their work done without having to waste time learning how to use complex software. And finally, I want to add that the price is very fair in relation to the quantity of work that helps you to develop.

Cons

I would like that you could export your project as a MS Project document.

Sam
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

• Customer Support Software

Great for sorting our business out!

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

Benefits really are from organising our multiple projects far more easily and without having such complexities when figuring out workloads for different employees. It has also helped our future planning for when we want to expand the workforce.

Pros

The software was super easy to use and import our gantt charts from excel into. We did some digging around on different PM softwares and this one was superior for ease of use, price, and customer service. I do highly recommend using GanttPro for your business! It really has organised our projects and ensured that we hit our timelines without me pulling my hair out.

Cons

Nothing really to complain about yet, I'm sure there will be something but so far the customer service team has been great at helping sort any queries we had.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

GanttPro was an easier implementation into our business.

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you for the positive review, Sam. We are very happy that you enjoy using GanttPRO.

Maria J.
  • Industry: Textiles
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Really useful product which makes my work much easier

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Pros

It just keep it simple. Even if you are not super technological, it will be so intuitive to work with. I really recommend to people who need to be organized. At my work this is critical than I was looking for some tool like this one.

Cons

I would like to find a short video explaining how to deal with the bars for the time. But you can book a demo, so it is fixed.

Response from GanttPRO

Maria, hi! We are glad to see such a profound feedback. If you have questions, you can always contact us at [email protected] or in the live chat on the site. Have a good day!

Yuchen
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

GanttPRO: A Comprehensive Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 29/03/2023

GanttPRO has been an excellent project management tool for our team. The advanced Gantt chart features have enabled us to create detailed and customized project plans, while the robust task management capabilities have helped us keep track of progress and prioritize our work accordingly. The resource management and time tracking features have also been useful in managing our team and tracking project progress. Although there is a steep learning curve, the user-friendly interface and helpful resources have made it easier to navigate. The customer support has also been great in answering any questions or resolving any issues we've encountered.

Pros

Advanced Gantt chart features, such as task dependencies and critical path analysis;Robust task management capabilities, including task prioritization and progress tracking;Resource management features, such as resource allocation and workload tracking;Time tracking features, including time logging and time reports;Integration with other tools, such as Jira and Trello;User-friendly interface and easy-to-use functionality;Great customer support and helpful online resources.

Cons

Some features are only available in the more expensive plans, limiting functionality for smaller budgets.

Zaid Mohammed

GanttPRO For Making Live more easy and effective

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

I've had a wonderful time thus far. Since being transferred, I've gotten along swimmingly. New things are always exciting to me, and so far this program has been a fantastic fit for my needs. Despite my hectic schedule, I've finally figured out how to manage it all. It might be hectic at times, but I try to set aside some time each day to do nothing because I need to take a breather and recharge. My projects are doing well, and I think my favorite one is the one I'm now working on.

Pros

By connecting your software systems, you can get a holistic picture of your business and make better decisions. Moving between multiple programs is no longer necessary to get data that may have an impact on your decisions.
You can increase the efficiency of your operations by integrating applications that share data sources. When the same data is input into numerous software systems, this is very important. Processing is simplified and expedited since there is just one point of data entry and no switching between multiple software programs is required.

Cons

Despite the fact that there are certain aspects of the service that may be improved, you will always be able to acquire the help you need to finish your assignments. Aside from the one-time cost, the program's ongoing fees, on the other hand, are a tad on the pricey side. As a result of my previous work experience with this application in a variety of settings, I am convinced that if you give it some time, you will get fairly comfortable with it.
When you compare yourself to others, you will notice that you have major advantages, but you will still need additional support and greater interoperability with other software packages.

Kristen

GanttPro for the win

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

The main business issue that we solved was the ability to track and manage workload for resources who work across multiple projects. Now it's all in one place and scheduling projects is super easy.

Pros

I like the ability to add dependencies and it automatically moves everything if you switch a date, it saves me the headache of rescheduling a load of subsequent tasks. I also like that you can select how much information that you want to see for each individual project and that it doesn't 'require' you to fill in a bunch of fields and categories that aren't relevant or important to your projects. I must also point out the top-notch customer service. They are quick to respond and always helpful. They have even implemented several enhancements that I requested! I don't know any other company that is quick or willing to do that.

Cons

I don't particularly care for how it calculates workload. I have multiple resources working across multiple projects and in order for the workload to calculate correctly I have to include a 'dummy task' in each project that has the same start and end date, otherwise it doesn't calculate correctly. I don't know if this makes sense, it's difficult to explain, but that was the solution I received from support team.

Juan Carlos
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

GanttPRO realy made program management easy

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

Great experience with the business case I used for the demo. I also used it in the Google Program Management certification. It became a necessary tool to keep track of the projects.

Pros

Software as a service, no need to install any software at all. Can be used whether an operating system or device is being used.Easy to use interface, guidelines, and supporting material are fantastic.The ability to share and work in real-time with teammates, colleagues, and stakeholders.

Cons

Can't export the projects to a Microsoft project file (MPP) or couldn't find the option. I suppose this is a by-design limitation to increase the number of people using the platform. But in a real scenario, you work with several teams, outside an organization and they will definitely use MS Project, it was very hard to keep up with the changes in this scenario.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Microsoft Licensing.

Microsoft Project
Josefa
  • Industry: Design

GanttPro – The project management tool you'll need

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

I would like to have the UI to be more minimal. Or maybe have another feature of customizing the color of the grouped timeline bar. The blue is really distracting now.

Would like to have a back button. Sometimes I accidentally moved something but I couldn't undo it and it's really annoying, especially with the linked items. When you move one. Another would move together. So when you accidentally move something, you don't really know how it looks before and this would easily mess the entire timeline.

Pros

GanttPro has an intuitive interface. With the features it has, you could better allocate your resources and keep track of the project timelines. No more delays.

Cons

Response from GanttPRO

Josefa, thank you for using GanttPRO and writing this review. I would like to pay your attention that you can easily change your task color in task settings. Right now, we have 18 different colors. Also, at the top right corner, you will find the History of changes button. This menu allows you to look through your whole project and undo any action made by you or even by your team members. You can go back even to your very first action in GanttPRO and undo it, fast and easy. You can get answers to all of your questions in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

Ivan
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Satisfaction with use of GanttPRO

Reviewed on 16/01/2023

I am using GanttPRO software for project management where we create and implement software product by programming it, connecting with hardware (also installed during project) and publishing it for passengers to use. We are using SW for task management of project managers and all employees working in design, software development, hardware development, marketing, testing and hardware installation teams. We use it for the whole time of project for all tasks including employees hiring, product development, implementation, campaign and communication.I can put my overall experience with GranttPRO into one word: satisfaction.Looking on our work, I am very proud, we found this solution that saved us so much time with project management.

Pros

UX and UI design, very useful features, cooperation with online and virtual team members, display options.

Cons

Software is a bit more complex and to make full use of it requires you to spend some time with the software in the beginning. But it gives you a great help later.

Microsoft To Do and Asana

Trello
ALP
  • Industry: Construction Software

Gannt Pro for Constructions

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Pros

I use GantPRO in two diffrent phases of the projects that I involve. First phase is proposal which makes client compel to think that I am well aware of the project in terms of time, steps and possible clashes. I choose GanttPRO because its way more visual, easy to operate on and simple to understand. Second phase that I use the softwere is during the construction processs. I print out my plan and I also get to update the chart on my computer from any device that I am in reach of. At the end of every project I also like to back and evaluate how accurate I was on the milestones and schedules that I made on GantPRO so that I can reflect my gathering to the future projects.

Cons

It would be very helpfull to get more languages in the software so that every person involved on the project could easly understand

Response from GanttPRO

Thanks for your warm feedback! We are glad that you are satisfied with our application.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Plan your Project NOWWW!

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

Overall, GanttPRO offers more than the money one can spend on it. It is efficient and makes project management easy and more comfortable.

Pros

I can start project planning easily, and update the progress of the project in real time. I can collaborate with my colleagues and modify the plan according to the development. It is very efficient and easy to keep trak of different projects at a time. Also it provides best privacy.

Cons

To be honest, GanttPRO is best solution for project management but its important to learn and take lessons to become pro in project management.

Peterson

• Customer Support Software

The best gantt chart platform I've ever used!

Reviewed on 05/09/2022

GranttPro helped me deal with my projects and tasks the way I need to keep everything on track.

Pros

GanttPro was the best tool I've found online to help me with the management for my projects and side tasks. Easy to use and personalize, GanttPro helps you to keep everything on track! You can plan events, projects and tasks, creating tags, setting date limit, and even inviting others to collaborate with your projects. GanttPro provides different views for the data you have, you can see your projetcs tasks as the best Gantt charts you have ever seen, or as panels grouped by their status, or even as a full list. You can manage all this with just one tool: GanttPro.

Cons

I just wish I could have found this tool earlier.

Dixie
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

GantPro Review

Reviewed on 17/11/2023

Pros

GantPro software offers a seamless project management experience with its intuitive interface and robust features. In my experience, utilizing GantPro significantly enhanced task organization and collaboration. The drag-and-drop functionality simplifies project scheduling, while the dynamic Gantt charts provide a clear visual representation of timelines. The resource management tools ensure optimal utilization of team members, fostering efficiency. Moreover, GantPro's real-time collaboration feature streamlined communication among team members, boosting overall productivity. The software's adaptability allowed for easy customization to suit the unique needs of our projects. Although some may find the learning curve steep initially, the software's comprehensive tutorials proved immensely helpful. Overall, GantPro stands out as a reliable and powerful project management solution.

Cons

I don't like how you can't schedule an end date of a parent task

Peter
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Reduced admin, nice layout and easy import. A personal demonstration.

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

We are new users of GanttPRO in a quickly growing team of 12 and are still building our projects into the system. The demonstration provided by our first contact was very good and helped us to make our decision. We were pleased to learn that this person will be our main point of contact at GanttPRO.

Pros

Web based access allows our team to administer their tasks without an additional level of reporting. There are several system like this which we tried and finally selected GanttPRO. The main reason was the clean and easy to use layout and clear example projects. The features are clear in function where competitor products were confusing. Importing from other planning software was very easy and saved a lot of admin time.

Cons

We would prefer a tiered payment system where managers had a higher access level linked to more features combined with a lower tier for some users who only needed task level access and minimal reporting.
A way of linking tasks between top level projects would allow us to use the system as it was intended - as a workaround we currently need to put all the projects into one top level projects to allow this.

German

Intuitive Gantt Chart

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

Overall, it's full of tools but very intuitive and easy to use, giving the right and necessary information for projects.

Pros

I wanted to avoid admitting that GanttPRO was good. I was using other Gantt software programs that I liked, but the more I work on GanttPRO the more I liked it. Furthermore, I am considering to move all my workflow to GanttPRO now. It is very flexible adding tasks, list and automatically generate the Gantt chart. Very intuitive task manager and with the right information needed to accomplish goals.

Cons

Cons: It has no desktop software and only works online in the browser. If that is not a problem for you, I will still highly recommend GanttPRO.

Jeremy

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use. Nice graphical interface!

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

As a project manager, my projects often have major shifts in deadlines due to the nature of our clients. Projects, or portions of them, may at any time be accelerated or postponed literally months in a single notice. GanttPro makes it easy to realign and redistribute the tasks in order balance out the workload of my team.

Pros

The ability to add/delete/move items is natural and doesn't require any time in designing 'if/then" type of dependencies. It can all be quickly rearranged graphically using drag & drop. I knew instantly I was abandoning the excel-type products I had been using.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was the longer than expected load time. Initial loading takes about 1 minute. Once loaded however, all changes are practically instantaneous, so it's not an ongoing issue. I've had zero issues in speed for manipulation, saving, etc. In all reality, the initial load time is not that significant and the advantages of this platform far outweigh this singular issue.

Response from GanttPRO

Jeremy, thank you for such a profound review. We are happy that GanttPRO gives you so many ways to improve your project management. Also, we always work on the speed of load time so that you will not experience any issues with your work. It's good to hear that it didn't cause you any inconvenience.

Andree
Andree
  • Industry: Biotechnology

• Customer Support Software

GanttPro is a necessity even for students!

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

I'm really looking forward to prolonging my trial into a subscription for at least the rest of my Master's studies, but I foresee I won't be able to live without this software afterwards!

Pros

The ease of moving your projects along the timeline to accommodate changes in priorities as time passes is the MOST invaluable feature in my opinion. Juggling much courses, being able to have an overview of all classes, coursework, and when to start which project is the most invaluable part of any Gantt chart application. Gantt Pro has the most flexible and user friendly interface I've found.

Cons

There are a few annoying "bugs" where if you don't click exactly at the right spot to rename a task, it opens the task's information pane, more of an annoyance than a true issue.
Having it only available online is a bit of a worry. Without internet access, you can't access your timeline!

Kathy
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Best online gantt chart option available

Reviewed on 28/05/2023

Pros

I really appreciated the level of detailedness you could go into with GanttPRO. You could create a hierarchy to tasks which isn't possible in more graphic/visual tools like Miro or productivity tools like Notion; it's also a cheaper alternative to MSProject, but has the same (if not better) functionalities. It's great to be able to visualize tasks in different ways such as boards or lists. It's easy to use for new users, and all features and layouts are logical and straightforward, while ensuring maximum efficiency in both individual and teamwork.

Cons

It would be great if the UI/UX was a bit more aesthetic, but considering the fact that the practical purposefulness of programs like these is what's the most important to me, this wasn't a huge obstacle to my daily usage of GanttPRO.