Admation

Marketing & ad agency project management tool

3.2/5
3.1/5
3.0/5
Customer Support Software
3.6/5

196 Software options

Maria A.

• Customer Support Software

Admation works well when it works

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

When admation works and I fully understand all the tips and tricks, it works really well and makes our process a lot easier. However, it does take a lot of training to adjust to the interface and figure out how every task works.

Pros

The feedback mode and direct chain from client to suit to studio is the best part of the software.

Cons

The interface is very buggy. On multiple occasions, the site has crashed at pivotal moments i.e. when you mark up 50 changes and then hit changes, suddenly a little bee illustrations pops up on your screen saying there's an error. The interface isn't very user friendly as there are multiple steps for a basic tasks. One of the least favourable things is not having the ability to batch download a project. A lot of our clients struggle with the interface as some of the mark up tools aren't familiar enough (they're used to marking up Adobe PDFs) and the user journey is a bit flawed (i.e. click changes after entering feedback).

Response from Automaton

Hi Maria,

Thanks so much for your honest review. We really appreciate your feedback and will use this information to make admation a better system!

I believe your crashing issue has since been diagnosed and fixed. We sincerely apologise for the inconveniences caused during these times. If you continue to experience similar issues on your end, please don't hesitate to get in contact with our support team.

I've passed your usability suggestions onto the UX team for review, and we'll see if we can iron out a few of those extra steps for you.

Your feature request on batch downloading projects has been noted.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist you!

Anna C.

• Customer Support Software

Still needs a few tweaks

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

Overall it's fine, but a few tweaks to the way the software operates will help it be a more seamless experience.

Pros

Great for transparency across colleague's work and their obligation on certain tasks

Cons

You can't click back without the page messing up. Sometimes colleague feedback is overwhelming and you can't really tell the order that it's in.

Response from Automaton

Hi Anna,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm glad that you're enjoying the additional transparency around providing feedback.

There's an option in the system to Download a PDF report with feedback that's numbered in order. The button to download the PDF is found just above any existing comments on the right hand side of your approvals screen. Let me know if that's an easier way to view feedback in the system! If you require any additional support, please don't hesitate to email [email protected] for assistance!

Happy Productivity!

Michael S.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Great platform for the whole marketing team to use

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Pros

It's a collaborative artwork management tool that keeps an audit history of changes, comments and approvals - so you always know where everything is at with each campaign.

Cons

Can be a bit complicated to work through different sections and find a particular action point. But overall it's pretty intuitive.

Response from Automaton

Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback! We're glad that you're enjoying the enhance collaboration and auditing functions offered by the system.

I'll pass your comments through to the UX team for review. Please don't hesitate to email our support team if there's anything else we can do to assist in the meantime!

Valentina S.
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Good but still could be better

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

Good but not great, could definitely be more user friendly

Pros

Great for proofing particularly being in a smallish creative team

Cons

Not intuitive and updates are buggy. Freezes and logs out on you multiple times a day

Response from Automaton

Hi Valentina,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the overall quality, features and ease of use within the platform!

Our new UX designer will be working on improvements to intuitiveness in the platform over the next few months. Hopefully we can get a few of those concerns ironed out for you!

Our protocol for testing updates pre-launch is now more stringent than ever before, and I'd like to thank you for your feedback which I will pass back to the wider team.

We look forward to bringing you more exciting features that you can use in your creative team. In the meantime, if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get in contact with our support team directly via [email protected]!

Samantha at admation

David R.
  • Industry: Insurance Software
  • Used for 1+ year

Hard to use, long process for approval

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Slow, too many options and fields, is not set out in a user friendly manner for quick submissions. Does not advise of the companies requirements for submitting through admation and how those things should be submitted.

Does not appear to be many people within the business that can provide support for using this, or at least in my area of the business.

Pros

I like the idea of channelling work through the correct teams

Cons

Does not tell you which teams each type of content must go through. Some of the options buttons are hard to tell which is selected, for example when selected for review by 'any' or 'all' reviewers.

I also don't like how emails are not provided when content is approved, it means you could go weeks waiting as usually it takes that long for things to be approved, and then not realise its approved.

Response from Automaton

Hi David,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation. We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience with us.

There have been various internal discussions around simplifying the ALL or ANY approval options. I've taken each of your comments into account and will definitely pass this feedback to the UX team.

Unfortunately your company doesn't utilise the custom documentation function within the system, but we'd love to provide additional support for you in the system wherever you need it. Please don't hesitate to email [email protected] for assistance if you ever need it. In the meantime, I'll track down one of the original training videos which should highlight your company's requirements for submitting through admation.

I'll be in touch shortly with a link to the file.

Amy A.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

I use Admation to log jobs as well as receive jobs from within the Marketing team.

Reviewed on 26/09/2017

It enables me to keep track of my deadlines more efficiently.

Pros

I like the ability to view changes and comments digitally on each revision. I like the ability to file jobs with key words. I like that I can see the status of a job by its colour. I find being able to add my own deliverable types really useful.

Cons

The comments made on revisions can take a while to load when flicking from page to page. It would be great if the zoom feature could be improved. I find that grabbing a section to enlarge it can be a bit time consuming. The marketing team would like to be able to download all deliverables at once, especially when we have big campaign jobs with print and digital collateral in a job. We also don't really use the daily revision report email notifications. I would like to be able to scroll down through my list of jobs instead of having to check the second page when more than 31 items have been created.

Response from Automaton

Hi Amy,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. We would like to inform you that admation has undergone some improvements since you last provided your feedback, namely optimising page load times and improving our zoom feature.
We are continuously implementing new features to admation. The suggestions you have made have been noted and conveyed to the development team.
Our product support team will be in contact with you with regards to turning off daily revision reports. Many Thanks,
Admation Support Team

Jay W.

AdMation

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

Pros

Does most of what we need it to do and the basis of the old PDF workflow is good with notifications in particular

Cons

CX is rubbish. Not intuitive at all. You have to be 'taught' how to use the software as there is no way you coiuld work it out for yourself.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jay,

Thanks for taking the time to review our product! We've recently hired a new UX Developer who's looking into improving the customer experience across the board. If you have any comments or suggestions for improving admation, we'd love to hear from you! Please don't hesitate to email [email protected] to pass your suggestions on to the team. Alternatively, you can email me directly.

Kylie D.

• Customer Support Software

Difficult you use. Not straight forward

Reviewed on 02/10/2017

Pros

It has all the fields that are required. Once the form is completed the process work seems quite seamless. The approval process and change process is clear and straight forward.

Cons

It's not user friendly. It needs to flow better. The user seems to jumps from section to section . It needs to be clear you go from left to right on the tabs up the top. Not click on a tab here there and everywhere. There should be only tabs at that top of the page and you work your way through the form. Not tabs and links all over the page. Makes it confusing.

Response from Automaton

Hi Kylie,

Thanks for your comments! We're glad that you find the approval process clear and straight forward.

We hope that the recent changes to the Project Overview screen have helped alleviate the user issues you were experiencing! Information now flows down the screen, rather than across. If you have any other suggestions or comments, please do not hesitate to email us via [email protected]

Happy Productivity,

Candice F.

Overall good functionality

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

Pros

The workflow is simple and customisable. I particularly like the Feedback and Proofing user interface which allows for batch feedback and approvals.

Cons

Frequent timeouts and dropout that often result in losing whole briefs.

Response from Automaton

Hi Candice,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback, and we're glad that you're enjoying our Batch Review functionality.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll continue to monitor these dropout issues for you. In the meantime, we recommend using the 'Save for Later' function, ensuring that brief information is saved to minimise data loss. You may also find that clicking the 'Save for Later' also minimises the occurrence of that 60 minute time out. We recommend that you try it out and let us know how you go! Thanks.

Luke H.

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

Pros

very user friendly and easy to master - a great tool when you have many teams needing input into artwork.

Cons

would be great to have a feature where you could mock up a page to send back to the marketing team to save drawing this up on word and saving it as an attachment

Response from Automaton

Hi Luke,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review admation. We really appreciate your feedback!

I can definitely pass that suggestion back to the team for review. I'll send you through an email shortly to jot down a few of your requirements/ideas for this specific feature. We'll chat from there!

Sharon P.

Winning

Reviewed on 02/10/2017

A newly formed role that was offered to me to take and mold to fit our creative team and their needs

Pros

ease of assessing briefs
ease of looking at where a job is at
traffic light system
functionality

Cons

The updates/sprints that release the improvements are not always an improvement and are not always to my needs

Response from Automaton

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your comments! It's great that you're enjoying the "traffic light system functionality" you're right. It is great to visualise where all the projects are at. It's one of my favourite features too!

We do our best to fit all our client's requests into our development sprints, but I understand that some requests sometimes slip through the cracks. Rest assured that it's all noted down in our backlog we're hoping that you've found value from a few of our releases over the years.

If there's anything pressing that you'd like to add to the system, please don't hesitate to email me directly and I can do my best to look into prioritising it for you!

Caitlin H.

CSH ADMATION REVIEW

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

Use Admation as a project management tool for our marketing team. It is fairly easy to use and submit projects. There are some repetitive buttons within the system. I often have notifications in my message center for things to approve yet when I click it there is nothing to approve.

Pros

Central location for projects

Cons

Not as up to date and in sync with our other systems as I would like

Response from Automaton

Hi Caitlin,

We're currently looking at standardising a few of the buttons/icons in admation to reduce repetition and extra clicks across your workflows.

We're hoping we can get a few of these issues ironed out for you soon!

If you had any specific suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you at [email protected] where we'll get those comments documented and passed onto the UX team for you.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to assist.

Rifqa R.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Rifqa Razik

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Pros

Easy to use & comments can be stores & referred to at a late stage.

Cons

Comments gets disappeared or functions change all the time. Pages are getting dissapered

Response from Automaton

Hi Rifqa,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We really appreciate your feedback. It sounds really bizarre that comments are going missing! If this continues to occur, please don't hesitate to email the Job ID through to [email protected] and we'll endeavour to determine the source of the problem for you!

Each month we launch a new release in the admation platform with various improvements and bug fixes in the system hence the changes you may see! If you'd like to learn more about our monthly releases, there's a section on our Help website detailing each of these changes!

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there's anything we can do to assist!

Nina F.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 2+ years

Good program with some flaws

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

We wanted a product produced and this was done. It was frustrating trying to find a way to export the final version and I wasn't 100% sure how to submit my comments - or if they'd been successfully submitted.

Pros

It provided a good way to track creative projects with other teams - particularly if you're not sure who to reach out to directly.

Cons

It's not very clear for a first time user how to navigate. Could be clearer with clearer step by step instructions/work flow.

Response from Automaton

Hi Nina,

Thanks for your recent review of admation! We're glad that you've taken the time to provide us with your feedback. I'll definitely pass your comments back to the UX team for review.

If you're still experiencing any issues with exporting final artwork and submitting comments, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team via [email protected]!

Amanda H.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Basic Use of Admation

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Pros

Using admation for BAU things like marking up proofs - not sure what other functions & features admation has but this is my primary use.

Cons

Marks ups are not live, meaning other teams cannot see marks up until it is locked.

Response from Automaton

Hi Amanda,

Thanks so much for your feedback! Based on your comments, I think you might benefit from using our @tagging feature!

Next time you're writing an annotation or comment on artwork, type @ then add the name of the user you're wishing to include on the comment. Then click Save. This will send a notification to that user, with a link to look at your comment, even before you approve or request changes on an item.

Let me know how this works for you!

Ming B.

User Interactivity

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Pros

I like that everything is in one place for reviews/feedback and everyone tagged would be involve in the projects

Cons

It feels a little clunky and laggy, the experience needs to be smoother

Response from Automaton

Hi Ming,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We're glad that you're enjoying the platform.

Our UX team is currently reviewing the platform to see where we can simplify the user experience. We're hoping that you'll start to see these changes launched over the next quarter!

If you have any specific suggestions for improvement, please don't hesitate to email us at [email protected]!

Bella D.

Admation review

Reviewed on 12/01/2017

Admation has been great in keeping a paper trail of work being trafficked through the studio. It's generally easy to use, and if I'm unsure how to do something I can usually figure it out pretty quickly.

Pros

Cons

You can't click "back" on your browser otherwise you have to re-enter your login details.

Response from Automaton

Hi Bella,

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad that you're finding the functionality easy to use!

Instead of using the BACK button on your browser, you should use the back button in the system to avoid back-tracking too far. Please don't hesitate to get in contact with support if you continue to experience issues with this!

Nancy C.
  • Used for 2+ years

Amazing Software

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

Overall I have had a good experience with Admation.

Pros

I really like the fact that I can input my comments/changes and multiple people can view it at the same time.

Cons

No complaints really, I have had a goof experience.

Response from Automaton

Hi Nancy,

You may be interested to know that we're currently updating our help guides. These changes will make it easier for you to access a wider range of support options from the system. We'll let you know once these changes have been launched.

Happy Productivity,

Marge C.
  • Industry: Online Media

AdMation Rocks!

Reviewed on 13/01/2017

It's so easy to use Admation! I am currently using it for my store images, advertising collaterals from my principals and it's fast and easy!

Pros

It's so easy to use when using files for Ads, Store graphics and online banner pages. When principals send files - it's fast and easy to download and edit!

Cons

The site is sometimes down or links don't work properly, needs time to refresh

Response from Automaton

Hi Marge,

So glad to hear that you're enjoying using admation in your role!!

We'll continue to monitor instances of downtime across the application. For any major or ongoing issues, please don't hesitate to email our support team via [email protected]!

Adam H.

• Customer Support Software

I use Admation everyday. It's a great system for proofing design work, giving feedback or...

Reviewed on 27/09/2017

Pros

The ability for multiple designers, marketers and managers to direct workflow, provide feeback, access a media library and work as a team - even when working remotely. Its a great system and it has heaps of great features.

Cons

I do find the new mutliple 'Batch review' a little confusing. Sometime the markup section is also confusing - as these edits are very small in the preview window and can be missed, especially when it is a simple copy edit.

Response from Automaton

Hi Adam,

We would like to thank you for your recent review of admation. We appreciate that you feel admation is a great system and find many of our features useful. We hope to upkeep this standard.
To assist you in better understanding our batching and mark up functionalities, one of our Support Team will be in contact with you in the coming days. Many Thanks,
Admation Support Team.

Anna C.

A bit clunky

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Ok, would prefer a more seamless experience

Pros

That you can write notes during reviewing process for copywriter or designer

Cons

It's easy to get lost within a sea of comments.

Response from Automaton

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your review! We're glad that you're enjoying using our mark up tools! It sounds like you have a few suggestions for the system. If so, we'd love to hear from you! Please don't hesitate to email your suggestions through to [email protected]!

Lara S.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good Asset Management

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Dislike the UX, the platform also looks quite dated.

Pros

The asset management is good. Like that the platform is quite customisable.

Cons

Poor UX, too many forms of communication. Dislike the email functionality through Admation, would prefer to add comments against deliverables and threads in projects that are visible to all.

Response from Automaton

Hi Lara,

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our product! Most of our updates in the system are user generated, so I'll definitely pass your comments around the messaging platform through to our UX team. It seems that there's a bit of improvement that can take place there for end users.

If you had any specific comments or things you'd like to change about the messaging, please don't hesitate to email these through to [email protected] and we'll get these documented for you. Thanks!

Lauren W.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Confusing

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

I think it could be really great but as a user that is not dealing with it daily or weekly, I do find it difficult to know where to go for what

Pros

I like that it can hold the Creative team accountable for the work we request

Cons

I find it quite hard to navigate, usually getting instructions from the Creative team & also with mark ups, I generally just print the document off then scribble on it, scan it in & send to them as mark ups are too difficult to make on the software

Response from Automaton

Hi Lauren,

I'm sorry to hear about your current experience with admation. As a non-heavy user, I completely understand where you could benefit from some simplification of the system. I'll pass your comments onto the UX team for review. We're hoping that we can iron out a few of those areas of confusion for you over the coming months.

If you have any other suggestions for improvement, please don't hesitate to email them through to [email protected]!

Iván U.

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Pros

the facility will upload files to the platform

Cons

Problems to download files and the fall of servers on several occasions

Response from Automaton

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We'll continue to monitor these server issues for you. Please don't hesitate to email our support team if you continue to experience any issues!

• Customer Support Software

Need to improve way of using !

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Pros

It's an amazing software in order to optimize regulatory & legal validation. It's a good way to create a librairy of what is legally good or not !

Cons

It's not easy to use it. It's not user friendly. You need to create a folder and after a file and after ask for a review. It's too long and too complicated !

Response from Automaton

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback on admation. We really appreciate the time you've taken to provide your comments.

We agree that the approval process should be simplified for our time-poor users. Our UX designers are currently looking to improve on this.

If you have any specific comments or feedback to pass to the team, please do not hesitate to email [email protected]