Branch

Branch helps hourly workers get ahead financially.

4.6 /5 (665 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
Opeyemi O.
Industry: Human Resources

branch messenger review

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Pros

The update interval for this app is way frequent and actually fixes things. I work with a bunch of friends and with branch messenger, it is much easier to schedule and update our calendar to our taste. Effectiveness has never been this easy and cheap as now, there is no need to have a squabble with anyone over who was meant to do what and at what time, they all constantly get reminded and everyone gets on easy. The upcoming schedule notification is great, the chatroom is just right for sharing information and the news feed is perfect for broadcast messages.

Cons

Branch simply glitches and that's just about everything i hate about it. Sometimes when trying to make a post, branch puts you off with a response about how your post can not be published at the moment, then, you make the post again in an effort to get your aim achieved and then voila, you've got duplicate posts to your name. This is something that needs to be fixed asap.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Shermanita A.

Branch

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

My experience of branch is awesome definitely recommended

Pros

Easy way to spend fund and make purchases onkine and inside the store eady swipe and use of pins with no hasdle

Cons

Its nothing i least didnt like about this card its everything and simple way to use thin enough to put inside my wallet

Chad K.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Great way to connect with employees Ina way that is inclusive and easily accessible.

Reviewed on 06/10/2017

Just the ease of accessibility in which I have to communicate with all employees at one time.

Pros

Everything! I like that everyone on the app can access and share the same information with ease. I love how not only does it enable you to post and share work schedules, but the app also breaks down the schedule to an easily viewed breakdown per fa of each week. It shows you who is coming in and when on which day so that there is never any confusion as to who is working. I also love how it will alert you two hours before you have your next shift starting, just in case you forget or just didn't see the schedule posted at work. I also love how there is an individual chat option so you can have private conversations with your coworkers about work related issues that not everyone needs to see. Lastly, I love how the app enables a form of communication that doesn't require the use of people's data, minutes, or texts, as many people don't always have unlimited access to these.

Cons

There really isn't anything negative I can think of with the app, other than sometimes it will get the wrong times for upcoming shifts on the daily break downs of the schedule. However, you can just as easily double check the schedule posted in the app in case you feel there might be an error.

I found Branch to be easy to network with all employees

Reviewed on 02/11/2017

Having problems editing and changing position and business.

Pros

Being able to post the weekly schedule and shift reminders. I like to use it to add training tips so all the crew can see it. I also use it to praise and recognize individual crew members and the team as a whole.

Cons

I would like More GIFS related to Arby's and the food industry. Sometimes I get notifications about conversations but when I go into the App I can't find the whole conversation that I was notified about, so it's like coming into the middle of something that you aren't quite sure what the original question is about.

Allison H.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Branch is a great app! It allows me to stay connected to my coworkers even outside of work.

Reviewed on 20/09/2017

Using Branch allows me to connect with and keep in touch with my team more than I have in the past. We are able to share updates, alerts, and tips through the app. During Hurricane Irma, when we all had to stay home or evacuate, Branch kept me in touch with my whole team and I knew they were safe.

Pros

The thing I like most about Branch is the ability to connect with my coworkers through posts and updates. Communication has greatly increased in my team since we all downloaded Branch.

Cons

My biggest criticism about Branch is that the functionality could be a bit better. The way my team uses it is more like a social networking tool, and sometimes it's difficult to post pictures because they have to be cropped to fit a square. Additionally, I'd like the ability to post links and share GIFs. Also, posting my availability comes with a challenge, because the app does not allow me to post shifts that start with a PM hour and end with an AM hour. I have not been able to post my availability for this reason.

Betsy V.
Industry: Retail

Branch Messenger has always been easy and convenient to use.

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Pros

I love that all you have to do is post the picture of the schedule and it will automatically list all the people working that day and it alerts everyone automatically. I think it is extremely convenient and I never miss a shift this way.

Cons

I don't think that there is a lot to dislike about Branch Messenger. Whenever I had issues with the app, customer support always got back to me quickly. I think that there is this one glitch when I look at the picture schedule and go back, the bottom tab that lets me navigate disappears so I have to exit out of the app and restart.

Industry: Food Production

Making life easier.

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

I’ve realized that it’s easier to communicate with coworkers about issues for schedule conflicts. It also helped get big messages out to everyone at once such as new specials or company changes.

Pros

I love branch because it allows you to view your schedule without having to carry a copy. Towards the end of my pregnancy branch made it extreamly easy to schedule my appointment around my work schedule because I have my work schedule at the tips of my fingers.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I dislike about branch. It made my work life so much easier.

Jonathan L.

I use branch for my job. It allows easy communication between all my coworkers.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Pros

Branch makes it very easy to switch shifts and still keep track of who is working when. Scheduling is a breeze as we just post a picture on branch and everyone gets it. They send you a notification on when your next shift starts, which has saved me a few times.

Cons

I do not like the color green. It is probably my least favorite color next to yellow(sorry Green Bay).

Brandi M.
Industry: Food Production
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

It really fast and easy

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

An easy way to see/keep up with work/ work schedule! And see what you'd get paid for that week

Pros

That I can see when I work and who I work with. I can see how many hours I'll receive and how much I will get paid that week! Also, see how many others work too! Also, easy way to get in touch with every staff member all at once!

Cons

It doesn't show my past pays like since I get paid biweekly I'd like to take my last week and week before to add up and see what my paycheck would be but it won't let me review past pays.

Nicole F.

easy to use, simple & effective

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

easy to check when I am working, easy to find coverage

Pros

its very convenient when you need a shift covered or changed, by posting and having management accept its a stress-free solution to a usually uncomfortable situation.

Cons

when shifts are uploaded in pictures, its difficult to see the entire spread of shifts for the entire period laid out.

Kari M.

Berri convenient

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Pros

I like that i can post my schedules and changes and all my employees get it. There's no excuse for my stylists nor knowing there schedule our being late.

Cons

I'd like to be able to delete old employees myself when they aren't working for me anymore. So all ex employees are still getting our schedules.

Response from Branch Messenger

Hi Kari! Thanks for your review! As a matter of fact, you CAN delete former employees from your workplace in Branch. Email [email protected] and we will be happy to help you.

Heather L.

Its very easy to use

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

Pros

I'm never late for work. It reminds me 3 hours beforehand so I know what that they are I can trade shifts and they get approved straight on the app so there's no confusion about what's going on

Cons

I seriously don't have any cons about the app one thing that would add would maybe an alarm system in the app I was thinking about that the other night and that would be pretty cool

Juan L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Branch is the best virtual personal system

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Pros

We started recently to use this software with which we have managed to keep all the tasks within the company more organized, even communication has improved, as well as the quality of the work.

Cons

In certain occasions the notifications of the application are outdated and cause us slight delays in the operation, it is the only detail I have found in Branch Messenger

Jessica M.

Great works really well

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

Easily post schedules and cover shifts.

Pros

Helped me get any shifts covered plus post the schedules really fast. I loved how you could show your availability under the workers names.

Cons

Other than sometimes the app not being able to be downloaded to certain workers phones the major issue we had with it was just how slow it loaded up when I would post topics on the front page.

Reba R.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Amazing! Ease of the app allows for great communication.

Reviewed on 01/02/2018

I can talk to two of my teams with just one app. I can spread information within minutes to over 40 people!

Pros

I love how the app makes it supper easy to communicate with a group of people. The format of the app allows for multi use, rather than having multiple apps.

Cons

Sometimes I get complaints from the crew about the software not picking up the names correctly on the schedule.

Eddie G.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Very useful for work !

Reviewed on 01/12/2017

I can see my schedule, interact with co workers / managers and more.

Pros

I love that this app is easy to use. Everything is laid out perfectly. I love looking at my estimated weekly payments and many more features.

Paolo M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Free instant access to your money

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

It is very easy and does exactly what it says it does.

Pros

There is no smoke and mirrors, very straightforward gain access to your salary instantly every time it is cleared.

Cons

No cons, it couldn't be more straight forward, it is easy to use, I've never run into any issues using it.

Renea W.
Industry: Consumer Services

Excellent way to unite my staff

Reviewed on 21/06/2018

Pros

Easy to post schedules and shift changes. Gives an alert to upcoming shifts on your phone. Can give important shop info to all employees at one time.

Cons

Sometimes can take awhile for schedule to post. Employees have to make sure their app is updated to be able to view things properly.

Jagadeesh O.

I use this daily

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

Pros

My team and I use this daily. Pretty cool app and gets me to work on time. I like the reminders about what time my next shift starts. I also like the sort and filter functions.

Cons

Some of the features are pretty useless, namely the chat feature. Maybe some places find it helpful.

Richard K.

A great tool to keep track of work events and communicate and connect with coworkers and leadership.

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Pros

The shift reminder and easy visibility to upcoming activities is great. Makes keeping track of two jobs and personal life that much easier.

Cons

For the most part, no issues. The only minor frustration is minor lag when opening an event notification and then going back to main app.

Tyler H.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Branch Messenger Review

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

I love the software. I use it daily. Helps me keep up with my work schedule and pay.

Pros

It shows you your hrs and pay from the day all the way to the week.

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike really. If I had to pick something it would be the notifications.. they seem to not always work.

Amber F.
Industry: Retail

Branch helps me not be so stressed about paychecks!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 26/12/2019

Overall very helpful for people who are living paycheck to paycheck and need access to their money sooner than they would get paid normally. Really love that they also send you a debit card so you can use them just like you would a bank. Super easy and makes my life a little less stressful.

Pros

I really love the fact that I can get my paycheck a few days earlier than normal if needed. There are some weeks where my bills just fall on the wrong days and getting my paycheck sooner helps me be able to pay them. Also having no overdraft fees is a pretty neat feature as well. My old bank would charge me $30 even if I overdrafted by just $1. Not being charged if I overdraft by a little bit is a lifesaver.

Cons

There is no login required every time I open it. Not the worst feature but having to remember to log out every time I use it so no one else can just open it up is a little bit of a hassle. All my other financial apps automatically log me out.

Lynn B.
Industry: Retail

Makes getting the schedule to everyone SUPER easy!

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Pros

Autofill of the schedule by day when a picture is taken of the schedule is convenient when your schedule spans more than 1 page.

Cons

Previous chats continue to appear, even when the user has been removed from your place of business. Should be able to delete chats.

Ian W.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Branch review

Reviewed on 18/08/2018

I able to see my schedule the minute it is made without having to contact my manager or going in to work to see it. This app is very convenient.

Pros

The ability to post an available shift for all of my coworkers to see.

Cons

This app is very convenient and I can’t think of any negatives.

Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I've used many apps but this app by far is the best hands down

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Pros

It just works for my co workers. The fact that you can take a picture of the schedule and it automatically populates the work calendar

Cons

No cons. I love everything about this app I have been using branch for a while now and have yet to see any flaws