WhenToWork

Online employee scheduling with native mobile apps

4.4 /5 (95 reviews) Write a Review!

• Industry: Higher Education Software

WhenToWork Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 23/01/2019

Overall I am happy with W2W. I would recommend to others because it is so easy to use.

Pros

All of our student staff (approx. 120) use WhenToWork to schedule, set preferences, trade shifts, and request time off. What I like most is the ease of use. Our staff are quick to pick up how it works. The preferences portion of W2W is most important to our operation. The students will simply block areas they are unable to work and show areas in green that they are unable to work. This helps the pro staff avoid scheduling conflicts.

Cons

WhenToWork has not changed much over the past few years, although it may not have to. What I like least about the software is that it does not have a timeclock function. A simple clock in/out function would help the pro staff compare when the staff were scheduled to work and when they actually worked.

Robby E.
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

When To Work is the best scheduling program for the money

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Pros

This program makes schedule departments easy. I can easily assign employees based on position, location (Categories), seniority, or other factors. It has changed the way we do scheduling.

Cons

It would be nice if you could incorporate the messaging aspect of the program into Slack or even emails for outlook.

Malecia B.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Working Made Easy

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

For as long as I've been working I've enjoyed this scheduling software the best and that says a lot because I've come across a lot.

Pros

It is so easy to use and very effective. I love the fact that if a shift needs to be dropped everyone (if opted in) can see that a shift has been offered up and whomever can take it. It's like a working mass text platform.

Cons

I actually have no bad things to say about this software and feel as though every company should use it or at least test it out for effectiveness in their scheduling methods.

Jairo M.

EASY!!! AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Organization and Pace of mind

Pros

very esay to use, very easy to set up and group users into categories or zones, very Mobile friendly

Cons

the mobile side of it could be more accessible to see all staff schedules at once without jumping to a full version

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Easy to set up and get going quickly, excellent customer support

Reviewed on 02/12/2018

Pros

Ease of setup. It was easy to quickly get the employee list in, create positions, and start populating a schedule with the click of a button.

Cons

It does not include a timekeeping function. That's not what it's made for, so as a scheduling system I think it is great, but I wish that it either had a timekeeping function or directly interfaced with timekeeping systems.

• Customer Support Software

Great from both a user and administrator standpoint.

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

Pros

WhenToWork is an intuitive scheduling software on both the user side and the admin side. Lots of display preferences and options to see other employees' schedules. Text and email notifications for when a schedule is posted and/or modified.

Cons

The tradeboard interface is not user friendly. It can be hard to determine who has already traded shifts or if the shift is still available.

Anna H.

• Customer Support Software

This is a very helpful sight.

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Pros

What I like the most about this is that I can drop and trade shifts online and other people can pick them up.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is that when someone picks up a dropped shift, the dropped symbol goes away ( until a manager approves everything) and then it just looks like no one has dropped anything.

Roberto P.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Neat web base scheduling software with a solid app

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

I really loved the product. I just wished it wasn't something that required a subscription.

Pros

Really loved the way the app works. It makes it so much easier to manage your work schedule as an employee. The manager section is full of useful features. Specially the ability to see who is on the schedule for the day and being able to send urgent txt messages to all staff. This second feature is invaluable when you have an employee that calls out or you all of the sudden need any additional staff. Really solid web based product

Cons

I wish this wasn't subscription based. Because its always harder to justify subscription based applications specially if the only use is to create and manage schedules. Also I wish it had a way to be used offline. Also having the ability to print out a single page monthly schedule would be nice.

Kieran W.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

whentowork works

Reviewed on 08/02/2021

overall easy to use and integrated with the team very well -

Pros

its just so easy to use once everyones set up! really liked the text function and allowing people to be notified of available shifts!

Cons

its a bit time consuming to set up initially but this could be said about all Rota software

Michelle P.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 05/11/2017

• Industry: Veterinary Software

I loved this scheduling software

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

Pros

This was a Great website and app to find my schedule, my coworkers' schedules, and request time off. Awesome app, never had any issues with it.

Cons

None! I never had any issues with the website or the app.

Andriana G.

WhenToWork Review

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Pros

WhenToWork is a great software to keep track of your work schedule. It has many functions within it where you can trade shifts with people, view your future schedule, message coworkers and get their contact information. I enjoy that their is also a phone app for it as well.

Cons

This software is a little hard to use initially, but once you get the hang of it then it is easier.

Mia R.

Scheduling

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Very easy to learn to use, and is very convenient and your schedule is at your finger tips, no more lost or torn paper schedules! Over all I am very content

Pros

It's easy to use. I like how you can see your schedule, or a fellow employee's schedule, and that you can request trading shifts and vacay time. I also like how it tells you how many hours your shift is

Cons

I don't like how you can't tell how many hours a week/ month you are scheduled to work. I would also like to see a graph to show trends in hours.

Emily M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Good option.

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

Pros

It is nice to use this product for scheduling and providing work updates to everyone. It also makes it easier to for everyone to access their pay stubs, w2's, etc.

Cons

The layout is a little messy but it works okay.

Kym H.

Great Interactive Scheduling Tool

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

The main benefit would be having all scheduling conversations, requests, trades, etc all in one location. No random text messages or phone requests. It all goes on WhentoWork and easy to keep track of.

Pros

The most appreciated feature on WhentoWork would be for the staff to request and approve their own trades. This feature makes it much easier than management trying to find coverage. We also love how easy it is to use colors for quick glances on who is working when.

Cons

The only con when using WhenoWork is the busyness of the main page. Many options on views and such are a bit overwhelming to navigate through - especially when we rarely use more than 5 functions.

Neal D.

• Customer Support Software

Looking at your schedule has never been easier

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Easy to check my work schedule. I can even log into the phone fine. Always available never crashed. Can't really complain about this product honestly.

Pros

One great thing about this product is that it shows you when you are working next. Whenever I forget my hours I just log into whentowork and check my hours. There is also an option enabled so that you can just see your own hours or everyone else's hours. Since I work part time this tool is great and I am so grateful it exists.

I also like how you can import it to your calendar if you have one anywhere else.

The calendar view is great!

Cons

Nothing really to complain about this software really. There are a lot of other options on this website like contact manager, request time off,...I don't use any of that functionality because of our companies protocols. Adds a bit of clutter to overall design.

Carlos H.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

Allowing everyone to visibly see all those who or scheduled on duty. We have many different levels of employees and allows us to see each employees titles at one time. This also has allowed us to assign task when other groups are need for support because we can see who is scheduled to work.

Pros

What I like best about WhenToWork is that all my employees and can see their schedules and the schedules of their coworkers. This lets them know and to be able to plan their day due to who is scheduled, has time off for the day. What I also really like about WhenToWork is that we 10 different sections schedules that employees fall under and you can see the group you need at one time which makes it nice. Instead of seeing all fifty plus employees I can just see just the employees that I supervise. If I need to another group I can do that too.

Cons

The main thing that I dislike about WhenToWork is imputing schedules for long periods of time are not easy enough. If you do not have full access you can only put in the person schedule week by week. The person that has full access can put in a persons schedule for months at a time. That would be nice access to have for those that do not have full access.

Sarah B.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Best Software that I have ever bought

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

I have been using When2Work for 4 years now. Prior to that, we used excel spreadsheets. This product has greatly decreased the time it takes to produce a schedule, and the headache of distributing the schedule to all employees. This product put the responsibility of scheduling on the employee, not the manager. I sincerely mean it when I say this product has increased my productivity and decreased my frustration. My employees love it as well. They can swap shifts, put in time off requests and message each other.

Pros

Price,
Easy of use
Functionality

Cons

The messages that you send to your employees do not automatically save, instead they disappear after 1 month.

Jennifer H.

Easy to use scheduling software

Reviewed on 13/01/2020

Pros

The software is pretty simple and easy to use, they provide great training tools as well as resources for staff and management. I enjoy the fact that there is an app available for download and that it reflects the actual site pretty accurately

Cons

There are some features that could improve like the ability to filter the drag and drop scheduling further than just by job type as for a company with multiple job sites it still leaves you a long list to drag and drop through.

David L.

• Customer Support Software

Easily set-up and easy for my staff to figure out. Very intuitive.

Reviewed on 18/05/2017

Pros

The different modes and the interface. The ease of setup and the ability for my staff to request time off that alerts me when I try to schedule someone when I have approved time off.

Cons

More import/export functions would be nice and the ability to merge between accounts. The mobile site could be better.

Kathy L.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Employee Friendly

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Pros

The phone app for this program is great. It has all the tools I need to check my schedule, submit time off requests, and send messages to my managers.

Cons

Getting set up on the program is a bit confusing. Linking multiple accounts isn't as straightforward as I'd like.

Steven M.

WhenToWork

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

We use this to replace the old schedules that were posted on a wall.

Pros

We use this at work for up to 100 employees and it is a great way to keep schedules accessible.

Cons

None that I can think of. It functions well and is web accessible from anywhere.

David O.
  • Industry: Sports

Employes and Employers satisfied

Reviewed on 04/10/2016

I used it on the management of an aquatic center and it's definetly a solution for laborwork organization. I always loved the option of exchanging shifts with coworkers and making sure I where I had to work. Just loved it!

Pros

Real time updates
Community building between workers
Great options to exchange shifts and comunications

Cons

Net very easy to use from your android device but it's still ok

Vanessa D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Accidently tried this software, but it was good!

Reviewed on 22/11/2018

Overall, Whentowork seemed like a great software. It was pretty easy to use, I just needed a bit more features for such a high volume of staff!

Pros

I accidentally signed up for this software thinking it was another one that was similarly named, however, it was a decent software. It has a lot of potential! Scheduling my employees was easy and they could access their schedule from home as soon as I updated it

Cons

A bit more features would be nice, especially for the price. Having an integrated timeclock, vacation time and sick leave, etc. would be some great added features! I believe this would be an extremely useful product with those items included

Bruce B.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

A Rock solid platform that does it's job well.

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

It's hard to argue with a great program. It's among the best I've ever used. Great programming and interface.

Pros

The program is of the most stable that I've used over the past decade. I can;t remember a crash ot any major issue the whole time we've used the program. It was so good, we used it when we started our new company. Easy to use interface navigation through the program is simple for the end user as well.

Cons

It's pricey and they have not updated the software in a while which can be a double edged sword.