WhenToWork

Online employee scheduling with native mobile apps

4.4 /5 (92 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Schedule Communication

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

WhenToWork has streamlined the scheduling process and made it MUCH easier on the employees. Less "I didn't know my schedule" issues after implementation of this product.

Pros

Ease in which the schedule can be changed and the staff notified of the changes. It eliminates all the emails back and forth.

Cons

The employee is supposed to have to confirm that they received the email but it doesn't enforce this.

Alex M.
Industry: E-Learning

whentowork is a life saver

Reviewed on 02/06/2020

Pros

so easy to use it almost makes you want to cry

Cons

the design can feel a bit outdated but that is ok

Amanda L.
Industry: Hospitality

Best scheduling software out there!

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

I have used When to Work for about 6 years. It started just online, but now that there is an app, it makes like EASY!

Pros

This software is so easy to use! It is the best thing that has happened to scheduling. All I do, is download the app to my phone and I can see my schedule and who is also working. Working for a company with 3 hotels, this makes communication easy. You can send a message to anyone on your team so you don't have to give your phone number out to everyone. Your boss can also post a message to everyone to see too. Now there is no excuse for someone to say "Oh I didn't know I had to work" because it is literally on your phone that you look at everyday!

Cons

There really isn't anything that I don't like about When to Work. I think it's great!

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great value, limited capabilities

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Pros

For the WhentoWork price point, there is little better. It serves all the most basic scheduling capabilities at a price point I have yet to see elsewhere on the market. I can generate decent reports and overall gets the job done.

Cons

There are many features I would like to see that I know I will never because of the current price point which I understand. Some include:

Templates for New Employee's shift Eligibility. I have to check each box an employee is eligible for EVERY single time I onboard. This increases the probability of human error substantial.

No csv import for schedule. We used an alternative scheduling software because the abilities of WhenToWork were limited. However we had to manually input them into WhenToWork because they lack any mass-import system.

Chris H.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

WhentoWork Review

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Fantastic. There are a few functions that I would love for whentowork to add. Barring those things, there is not a better software out there.

Pros

When to Work has made my nurse and cna scheduling extremely simple. Scheduling was done on an excel spreadsheet nightmare when I first came to the company. It has since been cleaned up, partially because of whentowork.

Cons

I have met with a few other companies. There are certain features that are somewhat lacking from Whentowork. An example of one is the ability to have manager status approve or deny overtime. On-shift gives the ability to force the manager to approve the shift pickup if they are going into overtime. This helps me be aware of who is going into overtime and who is not.

Mark W.
Industry: Broadcast Media
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

WhenToWork is super easy and efficient!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 06/05/2020

WhenToWork is overall fantastic. There's almost nothing I would change about it as an employee who uses it. I don't set schedules on it from a management side so I can't speak to that. But as an employee, it's an excellent tool to monitor your schedule.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to navigate and use whether it be to check your own schedule, set preferences for your own schedule, check the schedule of your co-workers and message management. I also love how you can sync the WhenToWork Calendar with Google Calendar and other personal calendars so when a schedule is added or changed, it automatically reflects that update into your personal calendar. It's absolutely perfect.

Cons

There's very little not to like about the software. I guess I wish when looking at "everyone's schedule" for a week or month, it would be nice if the layout was a little more compact, but I understand with a lot of employees that's not necessarily an easy, or even a realistic goal to accomplsih.

Natalie S.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Whentowork Review

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

I love it! Works great for our needs. Employees can see there schedule immediately. They can request off, trade shifts, etc all from their phone. When working with teenagers this help there be no excuse about “not knowing”. We love using it!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use for me and my employees. It’s easy for them to schedule off, trade shifts, as well as for me to see that too.

Cons

I wish there could be more communication between employees other than the messenger board.

Tristan L.
Industry: Sports

Great peogram

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

Pros

Works well for a large team. Very always to trade shifts, ask for time off, get notifications of time sensitive changes

Cons

None. No issues complaints or concerns as a user

Travis C.
Industry: Warehousing

Great for scheduling employee shifts

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

Up to date shifts for work.

Pros

Great for scheduling employee shifts. Very easy to use. Employees can log into from phone or home to check schedules, changes shifts, etc. Load employees numbers and they can text and ask to trade shifts. Manager will have to approve any shift changes.

Cons

A lot of data at first, and can be somewhat confusing to employees. Really good took once you mess with it.

Charlie I.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Nice software for scheduling employees

Reviewed on 15/09/2017

More efficient staff scheduling

Pros

WhenToWork frees up time for management. typically, we would have to take quite a long time putting together employee schedules. With this software, our time is significantly shortened.

Cons

There are some limitations in regard to functionality. Overall, they do not adversely affect the product.

Jason H.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Efficient Tool

Reviewed on 02/12/2019

Pros

WhenToWork makes it very easy to schedule employees. It allows them to pick-up shifts, trade easily with other employees and plan accordingly.

Cons

From a visual perspective, it's not the most modern or appealing software. However, from a functional perspective, it accomplishes the tasks it needs to.

Maddie W.
Industry: Retail

WhenToWork - Sales

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Overall, I did like using whentowork, it was a much better application than a lot of the other scheduling apps out there!

Pros

I liked this software because it was easy to request time off and to see your full schedule with a click of a button. It was great being able to see who else was working with you that day and even switch shifts if need be.

Cons

The mobile browser version is not as user friendly as it could be. The fonts could be bigger in order to see and read everything easier.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Kerianne D.

During undergrad it was effective in managing college life and a job

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 26/07/2018

Pros

The user interface improved while I used it and I liked the visualization to help with scheduling. It allowed for you to paint the different priorities which was very helpful.

Cons

This may have been improved but when proposing trades, it would have been more helpful to see users that preferred or frequently wanted those shifts.

Taylor A.
Industry: Chemicals
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

WhenToWork is organized and efficient

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

This was newly introduced at my work but is an awesome asset for scheduling as well as, trade shifts and contact information

Pros

-can access your work schedule from anywhere and in a easy to find location
-easy to put up “trade slips” if you can’t work a shift
-everyone is on the same page

Cons

-everyone has to download the app and know how to use all its functions for it to work right
-can access from a computer and a smart phone app very easily

Suzanne O.
Industry: Museums & Institutions
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Serves it's Purpose Well

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Overall for a way to make schedules, it's a pretty good program.

Pros

I like that when you need to ad an employee to a shift or reassign it, it pulls up a list of only the people available and qualified to work that specific position rather than having to scroll through every employee. I also like that it flags if you try to assign someone to shifts that overlap in any way. I also like that you can combine more than one account so you do not have to log in and out to access different rosters.

Cons

I don't like how complicated it can be to find what you're looking for. It's not the most intuitive of software.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Christopher J.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

I would recommend this to anyone. It makes life so much easier for you and your staff as well . It's awesome

Claudia D.

Great softeware

Reviewed on 20/04/2015

easy to use and workers love it

Industry: Higher Education

WhenToWork Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 23/01/2019

Overall I am happy with W2W. I would recommend to others because it is so easy to use.

Pros

All of our student staff (approx. 120) use WhenToWork to schedule, set preferences, trade shifts, and request time off. What I like most is the ease of use. Our staff are quick to pick up how it works. The preferences portion of W2W is most important to our operation. The students will simply block areas they are unable to work and show areas in green that they are unable to work. This helps the pro staff avoid scheduling conflicts.

Cons

WhenToWork has not changed much over the past few years, although it may not have to. What I like least about the software is that it does not have a timeclock function. A simple clock in/out function would help the pro staff compare when the staff were scheduled to work and when they actually worked.

Robby E.
Industry: Entertainment

When To Work is the best scheduling program for the money

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Pros

This program makes schedule departments easy. I can easily assign employees based on position, location (Categories), seniority, or other factors. It has changed the way we do scheduling.

Cons

It would be nice if you could incorporate the messaging aspect of the program into Slack or even emails for outlook.

Malecia B.
Industry: Entertainment
Company size: Self Employed

Working Made Easy

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 20/12/2018

For as long as I've been working I've enjoyed this scheduling software the best and that says a lot because I've come across a lot.

Pros

It is so easy to use and very effective. I love the fact that if a shift needs to be dropped everyone (if opted in) can see that a shift has been offered up and whomever can take it. It's like a working mass text platform.

Cons

I actually have no bad things to say about this software and feel as though every company should use it or at least test it out for effectiveness in their scheduling methods.

Jairo M.

EASY!!! AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Organization and Pace of mind

Pros

very esay to use, very easy to set up and group users into categories or zones, very Mobile friendly

Cons

the mobile side of it could be more accessible to see all staff schedules at once without jumping to a full version

Industry: Hospitality
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Easy to set up and get going quickly, excellent customer support

Reviewed on 02/12/2018

Pros

Ease of setup. It was easy to quickly get the employee list in, create positions, and start populating a schedule with the click of a button.

Cons

It does not include a timekeeping function. That's not what it's made for, so as a scheduling system I think it is great, but I wish that it either had a timekeeping function or directly interfaced with timekeeping systems.

Great from both a user and administrator standpoint.

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

Pros

WhenToWork is an intuitive scheduling software on both the user side and the admin side. Lots of display preferences and options to see other employees' schedules. Text and email notifications for when a schedule is posted and/or modified.

Cons

The tradeboard interface is not user friendly. It can be hard to determine who has already traded shifts or if the shift is still available.

Anna H.

This is a very helpful sight.

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Pros

What I like the most about this is that I can drop and trade shifts online and other people can pick them up.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is that when someone picks up a dropped shift, the dropped symbol goes away ( until a manager approves everything) and then it just looks like no one has dropped anything.

Roberto P.
Industry: Veterinary

Neat web base scheduling software with a solid app

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 11/12/2018

I really loved the product. I just wished it wasn't something that required a subscription.

Pros

Really loved the way the app works. It makes it so much easier to manage your work schedule as an employee. The manager section is full of useful features. Specially the ability to see who is on the schedule for the day and being able to send urgent txt messages to all staff. This second feature is invaluable when you have an employee that calls out or you all of the sudden need any additional staff. Really solid web based product

Cons

I wish this wasn't subscription based. Because its always harder to justify subscription based applications specially if the only use is to create and manage schedules. Also I wish it had a way to be used offline. Also having the ability to print out a single page monthly schedule would be nice.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10