Divvy

Spend management and business cards made simple.

4.8/5

Brett
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Company Spend & Budgeting Tool

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

We wanted a solution for our different departments to have control over their spend while making sure we still had firm controls and oversight in place. Divvy met all those requirements for free.

Pros

Divvy has a great budgeting tool that allows you to easily segment departments so that they are in control of their own spend. Their app is easy to use to keep track of reciepts and ensure your team is in compliance. Best of all everything is free.

Cons

Getting set up and a credit line is a bit cumbersome as I have seen other companies have a much easier onboarding and offer higher levels of credit.

Maddie

• Customer Support Software

I appreciate how simple it is to keep track of invoices and receipts

Reviewed on 10/05/2022

Divvy is a unique tool that provides an all-in-one solution for your needs. In addition to issuing the card, they also handle all of the associated expenses. All of our expenses are now coded in Accounting so that our field workers can simply submit receipts and a business reason and move on.

Pros

Because it is so user-friendly, this program has completely changed the way we track our expenditures and enter our data. Because each employee may now input their receipts, it has saved our accounting department many hours of labor each month. Divvy is a fantastic service. It's simple to pick up. I was worried I'd be disoriented, but a quick scan of the area turns up everything I need.

Cons

ACH transactions are taking too long to process. We'd want to be able to send PayPal monies straight to Divvy for payments. It is not possible to map QBO tags for transactional line items at this time. Improvements are constantly needed, just as with any other piece of software. Divvy is always striving to improve the procedure.

Casey

Divvy Cannot Be Beat for Small to Mid-sized Businesses

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Divvy's support is amazing. They chat back extremely quickly and are so polite and professional. Their product is unmatched. I've tried tons of different business cards and none of them had the features that Divvy does.

Pros

I really like how easy to use the web app and mobile app are and how quickly I can create a new budget with a set amount of funds, as well as a new card (either virtual or physical). The software and hardware cohesion is unmatched and I love how easy it is. The best part is that once I set it up, I don't have to mess with it very often. I just know that they'll keep all my budgets and funds the way I set it up.

Cons

I wish there was a feature to automatically categorize (for my taxes) based on merchant. Right now, you can set up automatic categorization based on budgets, but sometimes I'll use one budget for multiple vendors. Other than that, I really have no complaints.

Lindsey

• Customer Support Software

Should still be in Beta - has a long ways to go...

Reviewed on 22/01/2020

I have always been a pretty early adopter for new platforms and I have to say, DivvyPay should still be in Beta Mode.

Divvy - you could be great. Really really great. But you have a long ways to go. I’m rooting for you, but looking for other options in the meantime. Stop spending advertising dollars and fix your issues.

Pros

- The virtual cards are BRILLIANT (1 of only 2 reasons I stay)
- The ease of classifications of transactions and how customizable they are, this a great thing for my accounting team! (2 of only 2 reasons I stay)
- The cards look nice
- Their customer service is responsive (They will not call you unless you are a new customer trying to get an account so do know that. There is no phone support after being a customer.)

Cons

- The app is getting better, but still has very very limited features.
- The bill pay feature; run as fast as you can from this. I have a vendor that still has not been paid and I approved and funded the transaction over a month ago. Divvy has made this a manual process and they actually call ever vendor you add into the platform. They can’t call me for support - but sure will call my vendors. Every vendor I have tried this with has complained about how rude the people are who call and the turn around time is horrific. Stop calling my vendors - learn to do this via email or text like every other institute.
- Changing of banks - don’t do it. I am 5 days into this process with this very small task and it is still not complete. Again all manual. You call and request them to change your bank, they email you a form to fill out. Then you wait until they decide to email you a sign now document to fill out. Then you wait again. I have no idea what I am waiting for at this point. No follow up and nothing proactive unless you complain. Archaic. I have switched over every other service in a few clicks of a button - why can’t you all figure it out?
- Rewards - forget them. You can’t use them until you have been with the platform for a year. (No one tells you this when you sign up) and their prices are always more expensive then a simple google search. Plus they charge you a service fee every time you use the points on travel.

Lou

• Customer Support Software

Divvy is great. I highly recommend to companies of all sizes

Reviewed on 04/10/2022

Pros

Divvy is a fantastic solution. We have been using it for 4 years and it not only saves our travelers and admin team time each month, but we feel it saves us from unnecessary spend each month. We are heavy users of Divvy with over 40 active users. We also manage all of our business software subscriptions via the virtual card solution that Divvy offers. This provides us greater visibility into spend and keeps it organized in one place. It also prevents fraud when using the virtual card solution. And come month end we easily integrate Divvy activity into our financial close in a matter of minutes. I highly recommend Divvy for companies of all sizes. It is truly a transformational expenses/card management solution that is light years ahead of the way it use to be done.

Cons

I've been pushing for a global solution with multi-entities so we can roll out to our UK and Canadian teams. No solution offers that at this time but hoping Divvy is the first as we would likely use it.

Jonathan

• Customer Support Software

Divvy is an excellent overall package!

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

It's great to have a business line of credit available; really helped with my cashflow and having a card to give to others over which I have such a large amount of control is fantastic.

Pros

I really like being able to upload receipts via the phone and being able to forward on email receipts because it helps me not forget!

Cons

Some of the internal menus and the incentive interface are sluggish and unhelpful. Having a year lag on rewards is also poor. Finally, I would appreciate more accountability on how credit decisions are reached. Particularly after ledgers and statement of accounts have been given.

Ramp

Reasons for Switching to Divvy

Divvy was more welcoming and user friendly.
Wayne

Divvy Changed My Company

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

Life changing.

Pros

Divvy has made it possible for my business to expand as quickly as I need it to without the burden of cost. A great rewards program is the cherry on top of what is a tremendous service that I plan on never leaving.

Cons

The site breaks on rare occasion. This usually only requires a refresh of the browser, but can still be inconvenient.

PEX

Reasons for Choosing Divvy

Repeated server problems prevented business flow.

Cost.
Preston

Divvy - Best There Ever Was

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

Pros

Divvy is an incredibly useful platform that makes managing your company spend an absolute breeze. It is so easy to use too! Everyone in our company uses Divvy, and it requires very minimal training. You have tons of capabilities as an administrator to put controls in place and to monitor all of your company's spending habits at a glance. The reporting and filter options are fantastic! Don't know where we'd be without Divvy!

Cons

There truly is not that much to dislike about Divvy; however, if I did have to say one thing, it would be that I've encountered (a handful of times) moments where the mobile app or browser app has been unresponsive or hasn't been performing as you would expect it to. Divvy is constantly working on its apps, though, so this never stays around for long.

David
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Divvy is amazing!

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

The people are awesome...the app is effortless....I can't imagine life without Divvy anymore.

Pros

Time savings, faster expense approvals, cash rebates & increases in enterprise value.

Cons

Need a better mileage reimbursement app, which we understand is coming.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Divvy helps control costs

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

Great. Highly recommend. Support is awesome. People you can speak to that solve problems.

Pros

The budget features that control spending

Cons

The low credit limits and the fact that you don't get a 30 day float/delay in spending until payment is due like you would with some cards

Miguel
  • Industry: Environmental Services

• Customer Support Software

EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED!!!

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Their customer services is by far the best we have ever experienced. We use the live chat all the time and help get issues resolved right away. Also, they are constantly innovating, making processes more efficient and effective and take customer feedback seriously. Lots of the requests or comments I've had with them have turned into solutions within weeks. Everyone in our office loves Divvy and haven't had a single thing to complain about.

Pros

For years we had wanted to get corporate cards for staff but did not want to take the risk of not having credit and approval controls like we do now with Divvy.

The ease of use, simplicity, and thoughtfulness that comes with Divvy is why we love it.

Oh and it's free!

Cons

I have not had a single issue with them.

Bill.com and Expensify

Reasons for Choosing Divvy

Credit control, manager controls, ease of use, mobile access, and cloud storage of transactions.

Reasons for Switching to Divvy

The best and easiest customer experience with the app. It's clean, innovative, has been thought out well, and super easy to use. Also, their customer service has been 100% great, and it's free.
Chase
  • Industry: Automotive

Innovative and unparalleled service

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Divvy. It has significantly reduced the time to close the books at month end. We used to have to wait at least a week just to reconcile credit card transactions, but with Divvy, it only takes one to two days. The team at Divvy has been extremely receptive to our feedback and providing the best customer experience possible.

Cons

The software is constantly evolving as we and other gives feedback (this is a good thing), but there doesn’t seem to be one clear cut path of best practices with Divvy.

Zachary
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

The best software our company purchased in 2018!

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Overall, Divvy has enabled my company to gain WAY better insight into where dollars are going. We now know where we are over-budgeting and under-budgeting each month. Divvy makes tracking business expenses fun — I never thought I'd say that!

Pros

I first learned about Divvy via the daily business newsletter, Morning Brew. I was in disbelief that the product was totally free, so I scheduled a demo call. As it turns out, Divvy really is TOTALLY free. The app is incredibly user friendly and switching/updating budgets is surprisingly easy. But while the app interface is nice, the push notifications are wonderfully helpful, and Divvy travel has us saying bye-bye to Expedia, the REAL value our agency has found in using Divvy is the virtual card feature. As the Director of Marketing Strategy at a small Marketing Technology Agency, I manage a team of people who run a plethora of digital ads campaigns for numerous clients in any given month. Divvy's virtual card feature allows us to manage media buys on behalf of our clients without needing to open 100+ credit cards (or require the client to use their card). So, we're able to manage our clients' monthly spend and charge them a small admin fee (for putting the spend on our cards) without incurring ANY credit card fees.

Cons

Honestly, there are really only two things I dislike about Divvy:

1. That there isn't a Divvy for PERSONAL spending (I've been Googling looking for something like this for the past few weeks now...nothing seems to exist!)

2. The saving a receipt feature/adding notes feature is a little spotty at times. I find that I often need to go back into a purchase and re-upload the photo of the receipt/re-type my note. Hopefully this is a bug that gets worked out with the next app update.

Response from Divvy

Hi Zachary,
Thanks for the feedback! I've sent your feedback regarding the photo receipt uploads to the director of product, and he's looking into a way to improve that process and ideally ensure that it never happens again. Just wanted to thank you personally for joining the Divvy family of happy customers, and for taking the time to leave a great review!
-Mark

Miriam
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

Seems too good to be true — but it's true

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

Expense management is not a stressor in my life because of Divvy, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Pros

Divvy is as simple as it gets with expense management. Everyone on the platform, from myself as the one who implemented it for our team to the newest employee just onboarding, has had such an easy time navigating it and understanding their role on the platform. It is intuitive, quick, and seamless. The customer service team is second to none and any time we've had a request or question we get help right away from the best team out there.

Cons

Business reporting could be made a little more nuanced for teams to be able to play with more views etc. in the dashboard, but this isn't a big enough con to move away from Divvy to anything else and they take innovation seriously. I won't be surprised to see more functionality here launch in the near future if enough customers are asking for it.

Expensify

Expensify
Peter
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Expense Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

We've loved Divvy. It has given flexibility to those that travel while giving the flexibility to get things done without having to worry that one of the 3 corporate credit cards is floating around being used by a random employee.

Pros

Divvy has been great for our organization. We have been able to move away from reimbursements and have been able to give spending flexibility to everyone within our organization. We love being able to give every employee a card, but not having to worry that they are going to overspend. And possibly, one of my favorite features of any software ever is the ability to create virtual cards (both for subscriptions and burner cards for one time purchases). Its nice to know that I can cancel a virtual card and not have it affect other vendor payments.

Cons

There is a little bit of a lack of hierarchy available (like an administrator over certain budgets only) and a lack of flexibility with paying down our account (holds placed on account effectively freezing our cards) but other than that, it has been great!

• Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Divvy is very intriguing for us going forward

Reviewed on 05/08/2021

So far so good! I'm very intrigued to see if it replaces all our other tools quickly for clients.

Pros

Price is FREE for use, the card allows you to have control over spend much more than normal credit cards, you can extend credit to users on demand with a good approval workflow on the app/computer.

Cons

A bit overwhelming at first to setup but just need to get a handle on it. The users don't need to use that ability anyway. But the users do have control to request credit/use of card and that is great but also can be more tedious than just walking in and swiping.

Pricing & control of spend

spend controls
Kelly

• Customer Support Software

Divvy is BY FAR the best product for expenses!

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Divvy is AMAZING! Their customer service team is very well trained. From implementation to my managing representative to regular customer service - Their team is top notch.

Pros

Divvy is easy to use for users and admins alike. The setup is very easy to do, and my organization was able to hit the ground running from the day we had cards in hand.

Cons

The only con is that it doesn't integrate with QuickBooks Desktop. There is a workaround that is very helpful. I am just waiting for the day when I can use it with Desktop.

Harrison
  • Industry: Building Materials

• Customer Support Software

Great Product, Feedback does not make it to the decision makers.

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

super fast close process, easy for employees to use.

Pros

ease of use, ability to assign funds fast and instantly (on the road even on my app). 100% card integration

Cons

approval workflows aren't greatno ability to send push notifications for "needs approval" why on earth is that not fixed?automated push notification on phone should be every 48 - 72 hours. (concur does this).once a week emails are spotty (dont actually send) and most of my managers have no idea they have something to approve. 1st round with production implementation specialist was lazy, non-responsive, "Goal of 24 hour response time" was a pathetic goal and was more like 2-3-4 days. by that time the context of the email was misunderstood and issues had to be repeated, repeated, repeated, new customer manager seems a lot better and Salesman Michael Gleason was always great.

Donna
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

• Customer Support Software

Divvy is a great product to use to implement a paperless A/P process

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

Divvy has increased our cash back on our credit card transactions and has allowed us to transition to a paperless A/P system. We use their bill pay service and upload all of our invoices to their system and we don't have to pay anything to use Divvy.

Pros

The ease of querying past credit card transactions and invoices is impressive. The ability to save invoices and mark how they were paid is crucial to being paperless and works great in Divvy.

Cons

I haven't found a good way of showing that budget owners have approved expenses.

Laura

Grow with Divvy

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

One of the biggest things that Divvy has helped us with is bookkeeping and categorization, and as a result we have been able to stick with our outsourced accountant for 4+ years instead of hiring a new employee. As we grow to surpass 100+ employees, we look forward to continuing to grow with Divvy and seeing what value they continue to provide.

Pros

Divvy is ahead of its time as a product and company. The employees are high-quality, super helpful, and they have a fast chat response time and help solve your problems quickly. The product is constantly improving. It has helped us to manage spend from less than 10 employees to almost 100 employees.

Cons

Waiting on HRIS integration with Rippling but told this is coming soon! Can't wait!

Austin
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Divvy - easy to use interface with great tools for managing company spend

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

Divvy has saved our team so much time in categorizing transactions and feeding into our month close process. It's been easy to use, and any complications we've run into have quickly been resolved through Divvy's great customer support team!

Pros

I love how easy it is to get employees started using their card and coding expenses. It's an intuitive interface, and saves time in training employees on how to use the platform.

Cons

Divvy has a lot of great features, but since the company is still relatively new, there are still a lot of other features that have yet to be released, but they are constantly rolling out great new features. So any deficiencies it currently has will soon be resolved.

Michael
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Crumbl & Divvy

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Very positive. Incredible support, attention to our needs, and willingness to work with us to maximize value.

Pros

The software is very easy to use, quick to get up and running to facilitate spend, and has good integrations into major accounting software.

Cons

I would want to see it expand to fill more and more of the spend management niche. The great thing is that they are expanding. the Bill.com acquisition will quickly get this product positioned to handle more and more spending categories. I anticipate that soon we'll be able to manage enterprise-level budgeting and forecasting entirely out of this software.

Cassie

• Customer Support Software

We love divvy for our crews

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

We really like the budget feature for our crews. We are able to set monthly budgets for each person which has helped us to cut expense costs.

Pros

We love that we can assign budgets. It has really helped us to track expenses per job. The receipt feature is probably our most favorite part of Divvy. Having the ability to simply take a picture of your receipt and have it uploaded on the spot has greatly cut down missing and unreadable receipts. This is a major plus for a construction company.

Cons

Sometimes the upload feature won't work. However they have recently upgraded this feature to allow admins to upload receipt pictures for other user. So when the upload won't work for my guys in the field they simply send the picture to me and I can enter it.

Jay

A God-send for expense managment

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

I can't say enough good things about them. I've actually put a bunch of our clients onto Divvy. It's the future of expense reporting.

Pros

Virtual credit cards. You can create a subscription or a burner on the win so that software companies or trial runs of a software or service can't overcharge you. It's also convenient if one of your accounts get hacked so you'll have to change the credit card number in all of your other accounts just the one that was compromised.

Cons

The budgets at first are a little difficult to figure out how to use. There's a bit of a learning curve but the rep walks you through everything on a video call and the customer support is amazing and are always there to help

Andrea
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Experience Transitioning From Paper To Digital Expense Management

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Overall, we have saved a tremendous amount of time, frustration and money

Pros

Easy to use, no cost and we earn rewards, integration with Sage Intacct

Cons

There are bugs from time to time that just seem to go away

Emburse Nexonia Expenses