Divvy

Expense & vendor management with automation

4.7 /5 (164 reviews) Write a Review!

Caleb G.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Divvy - Always Great Service with an Excellent App

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

Divvy has allowed our organization to set more controls and give more responsibility to managers through use of individual budgets. Divvy also has transactions show up in the users transaction log instantaneously, making it easier for individuals to do all of their admin work right away.

Pros

My favorite feature is the ability to control credit lines for individuals at any given time. If an employee who rarely uses the corporate card suddenly has a need, we can adjust accordingly.

Cons

For the time being, Divvy doesn't integrate with our ERP, Netsuite. As such, I have to import into our ERP with CSVs which isn't ideal. Divvy is currently BETA testing an integration with Netsuite so we are patiently awaiting the full release of that.

Jeff B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

It's the best because it is simple

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

It has been very positive. They are timely in their responses and they are flexible and open to customer ideas for improvement.

Pros

It is very easy to use and very ease to teach users how to use. It allows us to customize expense fields, budgets and reports so as an accounting team we get what we need, but it is simple enough for any user to use.

Cons

The only complaint I have at this point is that we cannot set limits for receipts. I'd like to be able to say "all transactions over $20 require a receipt," but that is not available yet.

Chris R.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Divvy is great!

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Divvy has enabled us to proactively manage our credit card spend and streamline the user reporting as well as the related back-office processes.

Pros

Innovative credit card/expense platform.

Cons

Still early in development of administrator interface and advanced features, but maturing rapidly.

Chase C.
  • Industry: Automotive

Innovative and unparalleled service

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Divvy. It has significantly reduced the time to close the books at month end. We used to have to wait at least a week just to reconcile credit card transactions, but with Divvy, it only takes one to two days. The team at Divvy has been extremely receptive to our feedback and providing the best customer experience possible.

Cons

The software is constantly evolving as we and other gives feedback (this is a good thing), but there doesn’t seem to be one clear cut path of best practices with Divvy.

Nikolay K.

• Customer Support Software

Takes your organization to the next level!

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

I am so happy we found Divvy as it solved so many of our problems and saves us tens of hours a month even with the small team we have!

Pros

- It's free and easy to set up and use;
- Integrates with QuickBooks;
- Takes care of your all your Accounts Payable;
- Modern software and look, nice-looking and secure mobile app.

Cons

- It should allow buffers for budgets as sometimes just for a few pennies or dollars, a charge might get declined;
- Should be easier to reallocate budget distribution and maybe divide the budget into areas and assign people to areas instead of having to set a max to each person, which forces you to over-allocate to people and thus inflate greatly the budget.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best screen splitter for Mac, so far

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

When I started working with a double monitor setup, I felt the need of some solution to somehow split my screens and create specific sized working areas dedicated to most used apps, in order to keep them always visible (Email client, A/V conferencing and chat system, office and business apps, and a virtual remote desktop). Divvy allows to take advantage of all your available space among multiple monitors in a simple and intuitive way. When your desktop starts to be cluttered after some hours of work, Divvy helps to keep what matters always under control.

Pros

Stable, easy to use, very convenient to efficiently work in multi monitor setup. Shortcut configuration makes windows resize very efficient.

Cons

No noticeable downsides, so far. Maybe a little more pricey than the competitors, but still very affordable.

Chad H.
  • Industry: Investment Banking

Take Back Control of your Company's Expenses

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

As a small organization, we had not rolled out corporate credit cards and were manually reimbursing business expenses. Divvy has allowed us to automate this process and has freed us up to focus on our business.

Pros

The thing I like most about using Divvy is having immediate access to spending across our entire organization. I love being able to create budgets and allocate them to individual employees. It creates a level of transparency and visibility that is empowering to the entire company.

Cons

They are still perfecting the user interface. There are a few quirks and inefficiencies but I have seen huge improvements over time.

Tanner L.

• Customer Support Software

Divvy helps bring simplicity and sanity into managing our expenses

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

I'd suggest this to anyone who doesn't enjoy managing expenses and budgets (which I think includes about everyone). It's easy to use, easy to learn, and makes your life so much easier. The team is also super helpful and looks for ways to go above and beyond to get the job done. Great product that has brought great results to our team.

Pros

This product has made my life so much easier when it comes to budgeting and managing expenses. We ordered a card for every one of our employees and whenever they need money all they need to do is request it and within minutes they can have it. Setting up budgets is simple and intuitive and if you ever have questions your are seconds away from an incredible customer support team. I also love the reminders about categorizing expenses that it sends to me and my team after we use the card for a purchase. Great product and a great team to work with.

Cons

Overall I don't have much to put here. Every once in a while a bug will surface on the app but it usually doesn't slow down anything at all. Had very little issues with anything on the app.

Mandy S.

Great for Expense Tracking

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

Great experience! Very friendly and helpful staff. The online chat with the helpdesk is one of the best i have ever seen - you can send your question in and not have to sit there for hours going back and forth on the issue. They respond in a timely manner and I can respond whenever. No need to sit for the answer.

Pros

It puts the responsibility for receipts and tracking on the employee - puts all the information they need right in their hands. Also - assigning managers to review their employee tracking and all of this is done before it gets to the finance department and inputted in QB.

Cons

We use Quickbooks desktop - the expense report does not feed perfectly into Quickbooks Desktop so each transaction does require a manual touch to alter the input information. Was hoping it would feed perfectly into Quickbooks, was one of the reasons we went with Divvy.

Drew R.
  • Industry: Banking

Simple to use App and Great Desk Top Website

It's been great so far.

Pros

The fact that I can take a picture of a receipt and then throw it away. Gives me less filing work to have to worry about.

Cons

The fact that I am currently unable to select a default budget my funds are withdrawn from. I use one budget more often than all the other but for some reason all of my transactions are automatically taken out of the last budget that was created. I've submitted a request for the ability to select a default budget but it has not been developed yet.

Patrick M.
  • Industry: Tobacco

Divvy Review

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Divvy has been wonderful for our business as our sales reps do a lot of outside travelling. Being able to load funds directly onto their personal card and limit use has been a life saver.

Pros

The ease of use and the customer support has been unmatched.

Cons

New reports should be created. Specifically a report so you can run past payments made

Becky M.
  • Industry: Research

• Customer Support Software

Divvy is a great solution for our employee's expenses!

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

We were able to assign cards to all employees with all the controls that make us comfortable.

Pros

We love the fact that we don't have expense reports each month!

Cons

The "approval" process could be a little clearer.

Charles R.

Great Solution

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

It has been a good experience, overall.

Pros

We started using Divvy about 18 months ago. It allows us to "see" the various transaction by our users and to activate and deactivate the cards.

Cons

It can be improved on the billing and statement reporting. The statements are improving. Also, at the end of the month, there are changes in the ability to use the card--for example if a user doesn't use a card in the prior month they may have no spending limit in the next cycle. That has to be physically turned back on.

Jordan R.

TONS of value for FREE?

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

It's been great! This is going to be a game-changer for any business.

Pros

This is an awesome tool. Expense reporting, budgeting, spending cards, virtual cards, budgets -- this tool does it all. FOR FREE. A must-have for any budget-conscious business. Which is basically every business.

Cons

When I originally signed up, they didn't have many credit options, it was all mostly "debit", which is fine, but there are times when a line of credit is nice. (I believe they do have that now? I need to reach out.)

Joshua C.
  • Industry: Utilities

Amazing Solution for any company

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

Pros

Easy to use and getting better with every year.

Cons

It could use different admin tiers instead of just one admin type.

Marcia B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Finance Control Made Simple with Divvy - And It's Free!

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

When I first heard about Divvy, it sounded like there were only upsides to using the Divvy system. I wondered if that would be the case. What I found was that it was true. So glad that we are using it.

Pros

Divvy is cost and time effective in its results. I now have a real time handle on where our finances stand. Because of how much simpler this has made keeping track of my expenses, I am impressed that this service is free.

I find the system easy to use. Any questions I had were answered by the customer service team who were ready, willing, and able to answer them in a timely fashion.

Ryan C.
  • Industry: Utilities

• Customer Support Software

Thanks for a great system

Reviewed on 26/10/2019

Very effective, and “enjoyable” support for what we need

Pros

Ease of access, dependability/effectively updating

Cons

A little tricky to learn process (but pretty understandable)

• Customer Support Software

Great for a startup that is bootstrapped and beyond

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Having all the HR and many IT functions in one spot for one person to manage is awesome.

Pros

Very easy to learn, use, and customize! The features are pretty self-explanatory and the initial training is easy and helpful. Even the help via chat is a fast response.

Cons

Virtual card feature has never worked in the past year, big bummer.

Jon B.
  • Industry: Investment Management Software

• Customer Support Software

Manage and allocate company financial resources before they become history.

Reviewed on 14/02/2018

Pros

Super intuitive user interface and ubiquitous phone app creates a short learning curve.
Allows management to easily allocate project funding or provide monthly budgets.
Effortless connection between Divvy and major accounting software.

Cons

Divvy continues to add features and make updates to their app which requires relearning and adjustments to any training materials.
Limited but promised improvements to analysis and controls can leave an administrator wanting more.

Cole G.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Divvy is awesome

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Pros

On my old Win7 desktop at work, I have 2 monitors, but I don't want to take up the whole monitor on 1 window. Divvy lets me pack much more stuff on to my monitors at once.

Cons

It was slightly more than I wanted to pay for something so simple, but I bit the bullet anyway.

Christopher M.

Nice software

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

Pros

This software is pretty good. Even has travel expenses on it. I wish the interface was a little easier to understand for me as I am not tech savy, but all in all it is a decent software

Cons

Does not have pricing online, and for my customers, most do not have time to wait for a demo call or salesman just to compare pricing. If you do not have enough features to list pricing online, and you gotta have a salesman call you to sell you on it, well it has lost business from my referalls just for that reason. To compete with other systems/software you need to have all the info available on your site.

Melinda S.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Amazingly easy to use

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Very simple and cost effective

Pros

Easy, efficient and great for small business's with tight budgets. Easily allocate budgets to different card holders based on need.

Cons

The application can be a little confusing but after using it several times it is fairly easy to use.

Howard S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Frustrated and Disappointed

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Frustrated and disappointed

Pros

The software is simple in structure and to install. If it worked properly would full meet my needs.

Cons

I constantly wind up with black spaces on my screen rendering those parts of my screen useless. I have figured out how to shrink but can only get rid of it by rebooting which is not practical when I am on Zoom call. To use properly I would have to reboot 5 times a day.

Will Eventually Takeover Concur

Reviewed on 26/05/2019

Pros

If you haven't heard of divvy then you're missing out. These guys are an up and coming disruptor in the T&E management world. Their service is essentially free and it provides many nice features that you don't get with other large T&E Management services

Cons

It is new so it can be a bit buggy at times. I've had some serious struggles with the receipts on occasion.

Jace H.
  • Industry: Accounting Software
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

• Customer Support Software

Friendly personnel and helpful service!

Reviewed on 13/04/2018

Pros

Exciting company. I do not have any knowledge or experience with this company other than what I have seen on social media and heard from friends. And from those experiences this company sounds like it is making great strides and has a bright future. Excited to see what the future holds.

Cons

I do not have any negative or constructive feedback on the product. Should any arise I believe they would be resolved quickly.