Divvy

Expense & vendor management with automation

4.7 /5 (147 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.8
4.5
4.6
4.8
Miguel M.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED!!!

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Their customer services is by far the best we have ever experienced. We use the live chat all the time and help get issues resolved right away. Also, they are constantly innovating, making processes more efficient and effective and take customer feedback seriously. Lots of the requests or comments I've had with them have turned into solutions within weeks. Everyone in our office loves Divvy and haven't had a single thing to complain about.

Pros

For years we had wanted to get corporate cards for staff but did not want to take the risk of not having credit and approval controls like we do now with Divvy.

The ease of use, simplicity, and thoughtfulness that comes with Divvy is why we love it.

Oh and it's free!

Cons

I have not had a single issue with them.

Julieann P.

Happy Divvy user

Reviewed on 04/09/2020

For both Admin and card holders, the whole experience is so fast and intuitive. Adoption was super easy, even for the people that didn't have the old software straight 2 years in. This has even made communications between regions and the National office more fun.

Pros

Ease of use for cardholders and ease of data sync between software and card were revolutionary in our office.

Cons

We're pretty sophisticated users and did not get everything we wanted out of the box. The software has been developing rapidly (and we have been able to help influence that) which makes it better. The gaps are closing. But the only true negative for us is that we dont' quite get it ALL the way we want it so far.

Greg U.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Divvy is a solid expense management tool

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Overall, it's a free corporate card and expense management tool that has many useful features, including unique virtual cards which can be used for specific vendors.

Pros

The virtual card option - assign a unique credit card number to a vendor, who will always use that number to charge your company. It reduces the risk of fraud, and keeps everything very organized.

Cons

Divvy sets "budgets" for different categories or different cardholders, which are not really necessary in my opinion, but it's easy enough to set high budgets so they don't really come into play.

Zachary B.
  • Industry: Accounting

The best software our company purchased in 2018!

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Overall, Divvy has enabled my company to gain WAY better insight into where dollars are going. We now know where we are over-budgeting and under-budgeting each month. Divvy makes tracking business expenses fun — I never thought I'd say that!

Pros

I first learned about Divvy via the daily business newsletter, Morning Brew. I was in disbelief that the product was totally free, so I scheduled a demo call. As it turns out, Divvy really is TOTALLY free. The app is incredibly user friendly and switching/updating budgets is surprisingly easy. But while the app interface is nice, the push notifications are wonderfully helpful, and Divvy travel has us saying bye-bye to Expedia, the REAL value our agency has found in using Divvy is the virtual card feature. As the Director of Marketing Strategy at a small Marketing Technology Agency, I manage a team of people who run a plethora of digital ads campaigns for numerous clients in any given month. Divvy's virtual card feature allows us to manage media buys on behalf of our clients without needing to open 100+ credit cards (or require the client to use their card). So, we're able to manage our clients' monthly spend and charge them a small admin fee (for putting the spend on our cards) without incurring ANY credit card fees.

Cons

Honestly, there are really only two things I dislike about Divvy:

1. That there isn't a Divvy for PERSONAL spending (I've been Googling looking for something like this for the past few weeks now...nothing seems to exist!)

2. The saving a receipt feature/adding notes feature is a little spotty at times. I find that I often need to go back into a purchase and re-upload the photo of the receipt/re-type my note. Hopefully this is a bug that gets worked out with the next app update.

Response from Divvy

Hi Zachary,
Thanks for the feedback! I've sent your feedback regarding the photo receipt uploads to the director of product, and he's looking into a way to improve that process and ideally ensure that it never happens again. Just wanted to thank you personally for joining the Divvy family of happy customers, and for taking the time to leave a great review!
-Mark

Peter R.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Expense Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

We've loved Divvy. It has given flexibility to those that travel while giving the flexibility to get things done without having to worry that one of the 3 corporate credit cards is floating around being used by a random employee.

Pros

Divvy has been great for our organization. We have been able to move away from reimbursements and have been able to give spending flexibility to everyone within our organization. We love being able to give every employee a card, but not having to worry that they are going to overspend. And possibly, one of my favorite features of any software ever is the ability to create virtual cards (both for subscriptions and burner cards for one time purchases). Its nice to know that I can cancel a virtual card and not have it affect other vendor payments.

Cons

There is a little bit of a lack of hierarchy available (like an administrator over certain budgets only) and a lack of flexibility with paying down our account (holds placed on account effectively freezing our cards) but other than that, it has been great!

Kevin M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Divvy is a great product

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

It has eliminated missing receipts and automatically posts expenses to our accounting system (Quickbooks Online). Virtual cards eliminate overcharges and fraud.

Pros

We have had problems with volunteers and staff turning in credit card receipts. That is now a thing of the past - finally! It has totally eliminated that problem. When there is a missing receipt, now I know it within a couple days instead of a couple months. The users love it too because they don't have to worry about saving and turning in receipts as well. Just take a picture of it at the time of sale and they are done! The recent integration with Quickbooks was HUGE for us. Now most data entry of expenses is automatic as well. Very easy to use most of the time, and it's free!

Cons

Getting the hang of allocating budgets can be tricky. And if you have a budget used by multiple people it presents additional challenges trying to allocate funds between multiple people. Auto payments take a few days to free up funds. And virtual subscription cards don't reset until first business day of the month, which can be a problem if charges are attempted on the 1st and it is a weekend.

Mathew M.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Fantastic Enterprise Solution

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Pros

No Cost & more efficiency - I was able to reduce organizational expenses by over $20,000 annually AND increase efficiency , transparency in the budget process, and give visibility to department leaders on real-time spending.
The customer support has been fantastic.
Fraud controls and prevention have been fantastic - we have been able to quickly isolate and stop attempted fraud, either by our user or notification from the Divvy team.

Cons

I would like the ability to organize budgets in a more hierarchical way, so that Department leaders can start with their overall budget and drill down into sub-budgets.

Kyle B.

Great software that improves every day

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Pros

Free!
Budgeting
Automatically marks out of compliance transactions
Customization

Cons

No tiered budgets
No recurring periods other than monthly
No ability to mass upload budgets
A bit buggy

Meredith B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Game-changing product

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

After working with Divvy, I have come to respect the integrity of the organization. The staff are not only knowledgeable, but strive to create an experience that is light-hearted and fun. An unexpected treat coming from a credit card company.

Pros

We are able to categorize transactions after the purchase using custom fields that are searchable.

Funds are allocated to a person, not a specific credit card number. Our team can switch between a physical card and virtual cards; those transactions can be categorized in a way specific to our organization.

This flexibility has completely changed the way we do business. No exaggeration when I said Divvy is a game-changer.

Cons

This is a new software so it can be buggy and slow at times.

However, Divvy has consistently and timely addressed issues and is continually investing back in the product.

Matt B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Saved money and my sanity

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

We have better real time budgeting and tracking. I have zero fear that we would be in great shape were we to be audited.

Pros

We have nearly 250 employees and nearly 50 folks who have the ability to spend. When this was going largely unchecked, we spent hours trying to track receipts and reconcile budgets. With Divvy, it is all done at the time of expense, in real time.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to the general education of how to change budgets, name budgets, name cards, and make it work exactly how we want it to work. That said, I believe their education and training has increased dramatically since we implemented nearly a year ago.

Anna H.

Perfect

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

The staff is wonderful and the services they provide are perfect and meet the needs of our business.

Pros

The ease and accessibility fits with my busy schedule.

Cons

Takes some time to load all transactions.

Amanda M.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great tool for budgeting

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Once we did the setup, it has been easy to maintain. Their reporting has improved, which is important for accountants. Divvy continues to add new functionality.

Pros

No fees for the company, and they in fact give cash back! You can have a mix of virtual and physical cards. Syncs with QuickBooks Online.

Cons

Bills are approved based on the budget, but no approval process to make sure the bill submitted is valid. Often bills are entered by a bookkeeper, but a manager needs to approve to make sure they did use the vendor and it is for the agreed-upon-amount. Divvy is working on this.

Michael F.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Divvy Streamlines Expenses

Expense management and entry

Pros

Streamlines the expense processes for the user
Easy to attach receipts
User friendly
No training needed
Preset budget

Cons

Could use more reporting
Scroll functionality needs updating

Susan A.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Great and User Friendly Company

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Great customer service! Very user friendly! Great rewards program!

Pros

I love that we can have multiple users that each have their own card to track each employees expenses.

Cons

We have no complaints at this time about the software.

Bart B.

Awesome product both to eliminate expense reports and increase financial control

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Our experience has been great. We've been able to work through minor issues and are extremely happy with the product.

Pros

No more expense reports! Having the ability to create virtual card numbers for one time and recurring bills and allocate them to specific accounts in Quickbooks is huge from a financial control and accountability standpoint.

Cons

The interface is still a little quirky and not always intuitive.

• Industry: Renewables & Environment

Get control of your business expenses!

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Great customer service, always quick to answer and help

Pros

You can control budgets, team users with present spending limits.

Cons

I wish they had a direct connection with QB and that receipts were pushed over once synced. Their integration now with QB needs more tweaking.

Rob N.

Divvy is used at my Company for additional credit availability needed when we get tight on...

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

I most like the ability to have an unlimited number of virtual credit cards. I also like being able to see real-time purchases, and how this affects our budgeted categories. The credit app was simple and straightforward, and the credit decision was only 2-3 days, and I was up and running shortly thereafter. Onboarding is easy, and the customer service is helpful and friendly and very responsive via the online chat function.

Cons

Divvy is a bit confusing to set up and get the hang of. I was having trouble understanding how to Divvy out the available funds.

Alex M.
  • Industry: Farming

Easy to use, great looking product, saves our team time and money

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

Pros

It is free, easy to use, and I can see exactly how money is being spent in real time. I can set up various projects and control them all at the same time. I can stop wasteful spending as it is happening.

• Industry: Events Services

Super Easy for Teams Without an Office

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Our team has really loved it. Goodbye expensing!

Pros

I can give funds to my team wherever they are and can automatically allocate those funds to their specific projects. It's made organization of finances so much easier.

Cons

This isn't a financial managing software like quickbooks so if for some reason you HAVE to use cash or another card, you can't see that information in your at a glance budget within the divvy app.

Luke W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best expense management platform out there

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

Pros

The ease of using the platform is ver convenient. Being able to crate a virtual cards for all the different vendors is amazing so I know how much I'm spending with each vendor. Very convenient to give every employee a Divvy card instead of petty cash. This way I can send them funds for a specific amount when needed.

Cons

No cons that I have came across. I do know if there is a con that Divvy will help me through it and fix that con.

Nick G.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Every business should use Divvy

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Pros

Divvy makes it incredibly easy to track expenses and manage company finances. I can't even imagine the number of hours Divvy has saved our organization. And the best part is it's totally free. I can't recommend Divvy enough.

Cons

Nothing, it's been so easy to implement and use.

Ralph S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Divvy made department budgeting so easy!

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Divvy is helping Bandago identify problem expensing areas and helping us make smarter spending decisions in Accounts Payable.

Pros

I like the ability to manage budgets, easily make changes to employee accounts, quick on and offboarding. And the online chat help is really responsive and helpful. Kudos!

Cons

Would like to see more functionality from within the app itself instead of having to manage all admin functions from the website.

Matt C.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Divvy Review

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

It's great to know the exact budget I have when traveling so I'm not worrying about anything extra.

Pros

It makes uploading receipts and keeping all expenses in check much easier than what we were using before. Its nice to have everything housed in one area

Cons

Nothing so far. From my user standpoint it is very black and white.

Chelsey S.

Best way to manage money to your managers

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Pros

Being able to have cards for the people who need them without worrying about how much is being spent with the budgets each card has. Using virtual cards to reoccurring payments is awesome.

Cons

the alerts for uncategorized expenses is annoying and once a budget is closed you can't edit them. So you just have a red alert sitting there.

Completely free expense management solution with rewards

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

Pros

Pricing; it's more than free, Divvy will actually pay you in rewards to use it! Dynamic spend controls and virtual "burner" cards to manage recurring subscriptions helps provide visibility and management like never before.

Cons

Lack of a programmatic API limits the volume and velocity we issue cards at.