HelpCrunch

Customer Communication tool for Support, Marketing & Sales

4.8 /5 (167 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.7
Cesar D.
Industry: Internet

Powerful tools, easy ot implement

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Pros

The help crunch interface is really accessible, which doesn't require our editors to learn lots of new skills just to edit our knowledge base.

Cons

I have a really hard time staying logged in when I'm on a desktop and a laptop. It requires to log in anew constantly.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thank you for your review, Cesar!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Andrew R.

Web software ok. Mobile app non-functional. Service non-existent

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 23/07/2020

Refused to allow me to cancel, even though I attempted to do so on the renewal date, and even though their app isn't working, so I can't respond to customers through the app. They suggested that I could enable email notifications - completely negating the point of instant response.

Pros

It was reasonably easy to install, although took a while to configure.

Cons

Mobile app didn't work, so when I did get enquiries I wasn't able to respond, making it look like I didn't respond to my customers.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Andrew! We really appreciate your review. Indeed there were some issues with the mobile apps in the last few weeks which a very small part of our customers have, unfortunately, experienced. You were one of them.

We do realize that this has affected your communication with customers and your business. We're terribly sorry for that and just wanted to let you know that we listen to all the feedback and try to react asap. We're rolling out a new update already this week which is aimed to dramatically improve both iOS and Android apps performance and overall user experience, fix the issues you've experienced + provide some new exciting features.

We really hope you'll be able to try out the updated apps. Our team would be looking forward to your feedback! Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at any time. Take care!

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

John L.
Industry: Consumer Services

HC runs our business!

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Pros

Tribute is a business that directly interfaces with customers every single day on a very detailed level. HC helps us manage, organize and effectively communicate with every customer on time.

Cons

The UI has been improving over time which is great! A slightly more modern feel would be awesome. Functionality is much more important to us though

Response from HelpCrunch

We're very glad to have Tribute team with us, John!
Thanks for the kind words.
We expect to roll out a small UI update to make the chat look even more modern already this month.

Cheers!

Leonardo W.
Industry: Internet

Awesome Value for the Money

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Pros

If you deal with customers, you need a system in place. Emails are a way to lose customers, because the conversation get lost in the way.

We had this problem before, and we started to look for a system that could help us with our communication with customers and a central dashboard for our articles.

Helpcrunch helped us to solve this problem. We installed the widget in our site and started to deal with customers support in a centralized manner, and also helped us with lead generation.

The app also provides a knowledge base that you can use to keep your customers in the loop, on how to use your app and solve small issues without the need to reach out to support.

Helpcrunch also packs pro-active messages, that you can use to interact with people who visit your site.

It's easy and pleasent to use. I highly recommend

Cons

I can't say something bother us, I like the app and is easy to use.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your review, Leonardo.
We're building HelpCrunch to help businesses like yours to solve the exact problems you described.

Glad that you're able to centralize customer support and generate more leads for your business with the tool.
All the best!

Max B.
Industry: Computer Software

Overall an awesome chat tool!

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Easy to setup, no learning curve needed, our sales people cant live without it.

Pros

I lke the fact that its pretty configurable, it allows you have ton a of rules around what to show, where and to whom. Proactive messages is my favorite feature, banners are pretty handy too.

Support is great by the way

Cons

A few improvments can be introduced the mobile user experiences but these are not critical at all

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks a lot Max! We're happy to have Invisible on board.

Ana M.
Industry: E-Learning

Run your business with Helpcrunch

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

I love the ease of use and how organised it is. Using helpcrunch has helped me organise customer inquiries and I can easily navigate and look for conversations with the filter search function. I also love that I have can access previous conversations with customers without scrolling too much. Also love the customer support , every time I have a question someone comes back to me within 5 minutes. Truly bang for the buck.

Pros

The search/filter function and the color coding of conversations.

Cons

I wish I could easily edit and remove uploads on chats.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate all the love, Ana!

In terms of removing uploads, you can easily delete them in chat just like you delete all other messages. What would you like to be able to edit in your uploads? Eager to learn more about your needs around this.

Shahid K.
Industry: Computer Software

The best live chat software I have ever used

Reviewed on 04/07/2019

The live chat is the lifeline for a SaaS company. We spent 100s of hours on the chat interacting and supporting our customers. I have noticed when you have too many features it becomes complicated to set up and use but not with Helpcrunch. It is easy to set up and even easier to use.

The automated messages, emailing and the templates are the best way stay productive and provide amazing customer experience.

Pros

Helpcrunch is superb value for money and my agents are totally motivated to use it every day. The most I like about Helpcrunch it is loaded features and can automate many tasks.

Cons

I don't have any problem with the software but would love to see more languages and integrations.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for your review!

Matthew S.
Industry: Chemicals

Switched over from LiveChat

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

HelpCrunch were really helpful (no pun intended). Set up a custom pricing plan for my needs within an hour.

Pros

Better value for money for the features I needed. For me it was important to have different customised widgets for different domains. I've been a LiveChat customer for a number of years but the pricing for the customisable widgets drove me away in the end. Software is super easy to use and personally I prefer the simpler and more modern appearance of the widget and the admin interface.

Cons

With HelpCrunch the price you pay is per agent that you set up. With some other systems the price you pay is per logged in/online user. I wanted to set up more users but only have a smaller number logged in at any one time. In the end, I calculated that I still made a significant saving compared to the same features on LiveChat and better still I was able to talk to HelpCrunch and they set up a custom plan for me.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your detailed review, Matthew! We're really glad to have you with us.

Joe B.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great Concept but needs work

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Pros

The idea of 3 in 1 is great , chat, ticket system and email marketing all in one is a plus.

Cons

It seems to be confusing at times which chats are new and which are old and there are some limitations on how to setup the software, if some basic things were different will make this software much better

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Joe! Thanks a lot for your review.
Great to hear that you're able to use HelpCrunch to the fullest.

Would be great to know more about what you found confusing about new/old chats and the setup.

If you have a minute, please get it in touch with our team via chat, we'd love to learn more about the issues you're experiencing so that we can fix those asap.
Thanks in advance!

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Nina B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Started on the free plan, now on all-in-one premium plan

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

We used another support SaaS and separated from it because of some security issues. This one has no major vulnerabilities - at least I did not find info on the forums.

Pros

The biggest differentiator is the support team. Always available, attentive and professional. Thank you guys a lot!

Cons

Been using Helpcrunch for over 6 months, haven't noticed anything substantial. Sometimes though the system doesn't work well when we're on a slow Internet connection

Response from HelpCrunch

We're glad to have you, Nina

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Good priced chat platform with great support

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Pros

We have used the platform for 9 months and have experienced constant development of features and great support when needed. They also take our feedback into consideration and have released several features that meet our demands.

Cons

Reporting could be improved. We use tags on the chats to be able to report and learn from the topics, but there is no easy way of doing this at the moment.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thank you for your report. We have a few new reports coming soon. Stay tuned!

Konstantin R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easy to set up and send marketing messages

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

We were looking for a reliable communication solution for a reasonable price, and we got what we wanted.

Pros

We had no problem sending targeted messages to our customer audience through HelpCrunch toolset, it's easy to easy and offers a bunch of beautiful templates which we were able to customize as to our needs.

Cons

We are quite happy with HelpCrunch features and the seamless way it integrated with the other tools we are using.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for taking time to leave the review!

David C.

Inexpensive alternative to Intercom

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

I would recommend Helpcrunch to all savvy sales/marketing/customer experience execs who are looking for a less expensive alternative solution to cover customer communication needs.

Pros

Helpcrunch doesn't break the bank unlike the major players like Drift or Intercom, yet it provides and extensive suite of functionality, very comparable to those two.

Cons

Nothing specific that I dislike - more native integrations would be nice though.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your thoughts, David!

Arun K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Easy to use tool setup live chat with affordable pricing

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 05/10/2020

Pros

Wordpress integration made it a breeze to setup live chat on our website. Value added features like help documentation, email to offline chat users with automatic follow ups all at an affordable price for startups.

Cons

Nothing I can think of so far. Setup was easy and intuitive.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Arun!
Thank you for the nice review! Our team is working hard to deliver cool new features soon, to help you increase conversion even more, and make the user experience even smoother! Enjoy using HepCrunch!

Travis lee S.
Industry: Veterinary

Easy to use and customers love it

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Excellent support.

Pros

I like the customisation features for the widgets.

Cons

It would be nice to have a help desk that users could find answers to their queries on, and perhaps the chat widget could automatically display those based on keywords.

Response from HelpCrunch

Travis, thanks for the review!
We're adding the searchable help desk (knowledge base) functionality already in June.
Chat widget integration with knowledge base is also going to be available soon after that :)

Ricky S.

The Multi Channel Customer Support App

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Pros

Having All-In-One app for customer support is the key to saving time. Imagine looking around various apps and replying and keep tracking, would be hectic. I especially like the auto message and email marketing feature, so I don't have to use a separate app such as Drip/mailchimp

Cons

The UI can have some more love but its already a solid software.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hey Ricky!
Appreciate the review.
We absolutely love when customers use HelpCrunch to the fullest utilizing its email marketing features in addition to chat.
The next UI update is coming next week already, would be great to hear your thoughts on it once we roll it.

Alex K.

Amazing customer support product

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Overall, it does the job pretty well.
We picked HelpCrunch as our helpdesk system a few months ago. Flexible pricing and compatibility with web & mobile apps were the most important factors for us.

Pros

HelpCrunch stores all communication with our clients in a single place.
What I love most about HelpCrunch is the reports functionality with which we have access to every agent's performance and user satisfaction metrics.

Cons

There are some minor bugs that their team has to address e.g., with a typing indicator that makes our chat window go up and down.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your detailed review, Alex!

Vince K.
Industry: Environmental Services

Free Service

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

The expiernce was fine. it is hard for me to really say it was bad or good, except that we had an easy setup.

Pros

I like the setup and I like that it works on web and mobile.

Cons

I only tried in it on the free version, resulting in limited ability to do anything, including manager business hours, so we just canceled it. Maybe give the full functionality for 14 days, then downgrade so I can really see the true value.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thank you for the feedback Vince!
We do offer both Free Trial and Free Account versions, but will consider your valuable suggestion and possibly make changes.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Kevin D.
Company size: Self Employed

Well engineered

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Customer support is incredible, anything you need or has questions about they resolve and respond really quick.

Very good tool and easy to implement.

Totally recommend, it’s one of the only chat systems that I totally trust.

Pros

It’s well thought out, well engineered, they took every possible communication either live or via email and it keeps good track, iOS app works perfectly. The whole system feels really mature.

Cons

There was a bug but it was quickly corrected so none at this point

Response from HelpCrunch

Kevin, thanks for the amazing feedback!
We're glad to have you on board.

Daniel G.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Tool for Online Church

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Pros

Having to move church online created difficulties in how to personally connect with those watching the service. Adding HelpCrunch's chat feature has given us another avenue to connect with people on Sunday mornings and throughout the week.

Cons

A difficulty for this software is the drastic price increase for each user. It would be nice to be able to have more than one chat user for the base price to allow for the chat feature to be more personalized.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for the review, Daniel! Glad to hear HelpCrunch is helping your church to connect with the audience online in a personal way. If you want to bring 10+ team members to your HelpCrunch account, feel free to chat with our team about custom pricing.

Daniel C.
Industry: Hospitality

Simple yet effective

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Pros

Ease of access and ability to see new contacts

Cons

Poor notifications . Sometimes leads to missed chats

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Daniel! Thanks for your review.

Glad that you find it easy to manage your contacts in HelpCrunch!

Would be great to learn more about your experience with notifications deliverability - which platforms do you have HelpCrunch installed on?
By the way, we expect to roll out mobile apps notifications deliverability fix in the next few weeks. Hope it will resolve your issue and you'll never miss another chat ever again.

Don't hesitate to reach us via chat in case the issue persists. Cheers!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Güven U.
Industry: Computer Software

A good alternative to Intercom, with a friendly support team

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Pros

It's easy to install, and the support team is helping. The user interface is nice. You don't get lost. The tool is also easily customizable, which is important when you integrate a chat box on your website or app.

Cons

Maybe the documentation of the API could be a bit more specific.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks a lot for the review, Guven!
We're happy that you found HelpCrunch easy to use and customize for your needs.

We're working on rewriting our API documentation right now, the new improved version should come out very soon.

Rosalie V.
Industry: Online Media
Company size: Self Employed

HelpCrunch as leadgenerator

Reviewed on 28/06/2019

Pros

Easy to use, helps communicating with potential customers online

Cons

It sometimes disconnects to the web. I have to reconnect to keep it in my browser

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Rosalie! Thanks for taking the time to leave your review.
We're glad that HelpCrunch helps you generate more customers for Roos.
Would be great to hear more details about the disconnection issue you're experiencing in your browser - if you could leave us a chat message with your browser version, we'd be happy to investigate this further and fix the issue asap.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

Kate K.

Fantastic customer communication software

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Very satisfied with HelpCrunch so far. Can recommend it to companies that are looking for an easy and visually appealing live chat and email marketing.

Pros

1 Very easy to get started
2 Lots of features for customer communication and support
3 Great looking and customizable live chat widget
4 Amazing customer service

Cons

I would love to have a more advanced reporting per agent, but the way it's handled now is fine too

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your review Kate!

Laszlo T.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Switch from Intercom

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 17/01/2019

Pros

It does have all the function what I do need!

Cons

I do not have any as of the moment. Everything is okay.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for your review, Laszlo!