ActivTrak

Contextual User Activity Monitoring

4.6 /5 (507 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
Linda H.
Industry: Insurance

Management

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

I have a 50/50 opinion of ActivTrak. I think it could be very beneficial to our agency. The ease of reports is not user friendly. Simple access to reports would benefit me.

Pros

I like the fact of the tracking of the employees and seeing who is working overall.

Cons

I think the teaching of reports should be better. I know how to see about burn out but that is not what I am looking for.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Debjit B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Free team activity tracking with highly detailed reporting.

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

I am using for all of my 3 team members and now I can see how many time they have wasted on social media. It is a great tool to check on your team member on their efficiency. Free team activity tracking with highly detailed reporting.Free team activity tracking with highly detailed reporting.

Pros

The dashboard is very well organised and shows exactly what needed. All the charts and statistics are very well organised and you can see where time is wasting.

Activtrak helps me to check the efficiency of my team. I was having difficulty to finish my projects and need to check my team's performance. It is easy to set up and give accurate result most of the time.

The screenshot is somehow controversial as it takes some of my teams working code and upload to the server. I am not a big fan of screenshot taking as it is very vulnerable to my coding and content, But sometimes it is useful to have as proof.

It is a good way to see team members are working or playing games or using social media.
The reporting option is vast and has most of the important things.

I love how simple the setup is, no server set up. Just install and I can now see the stats and control from a web browser. No technician needed.

Cons

For and PC it suddenly takes lots of memory and starts sending lots of packet to my default ethernet unused ports. I have to uninstall it or use wifi for internet connection. I am still waiting for my IT support staff to show up and solve this problem.

Jose P.
Industry: Law Practice

The paid service is worth every penny, and the free trial saved me thousands of dollars

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

Increased employee productivity and decreased employee turnover. Our employees know we monitor their workstations, so they behave and don't misuse our IT resources. That's one less reason to fire them.

Pros

Easy of installation and use, cloud hosting, and browser access from anywhere in the planet. The price is also reasonable. The free trial saved us thousands of dollars in wasted wages. We suspected that one young law clerk was squandering our time and resources because of his low productivity. Three hours after we started monitoring his workstation (with the free trial) we fired him on the spot. We then implemented ActivTrak firm-wide (with prior announcement) and everyone is being honest on their workstations. Trust but verify.

Cons

I wish we could adjust the speed of the screenshot "slide show". It's painfully slow right now. Also, allow us to name the rules. Some of the rules can get convoluted, and two months later we forget what they're supposed to do. Other than those nitpicks, I think this software is brilliant.

Industry: Computer & Network Security

ActivTrak - Computer usage tracking solved

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 12/10/2019

Productivity monitoring is the main purpose the software has been used in my organization. It does this quite well. Based on computer usage statistics provided by ActivTrak, corporate firewall rules can be adjusted to address productivity concerns.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and very easy to configure. A very small agent can be installed without a trace, even to the technically savvy. The web-based console does a great job with reporting up-to-date computer usage statics as well as screen shots in real-time. It does exactly what it is designed to do - see and record computer usage. Usage statistics are broken down by application/category which is helpful in determining productivity.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about the software as it does what it intends to do quite well. The only difficulty I have experienced is the removal of the agent when a system falls out of the scope of monitoring.

Richard L.
Industry: Semiconductors

It does the job, monitor activities and block websites.

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

I did not use it for business. I use it for kids computer activities monitor. It works ok overall, since I can monitor what kids doing on internet.

Pros

1. it can save the screenshot to see what exactly the actives are.
2. it can maintain a block website list.

Cons

The website block is only working on the main domain, the root website, like www.google.com. It is better to add a sub-website block. For example, we don't want to block google website; but some game under google.com need to be blocked. Now we cannot do that.

Brandon B.

Out of all the systems, we tested. ActivTrak was the most user-friendly and best overall.

Reviewed on 15/01/2018

Increase productivity in the office and hold my employees accountable.

Pros

The software allows you to see real-time screenshots of the users your tracking. It can also block certain websites and show a pop-up. It has very advanced features but the overlay of the system is completely easy to use anyone can understand it. You can set up alarms to notify you of "unproductive" websites being viewed and with this feature we have 100% reduced the amount of unproductive website viewing.

Cons

The only con we have with this program is that you are not able to have a constant live stream of your employee's computer. It gives you live screenshots but not a live feed.

Michael D.
Industry: Financial Services

Very Good Monitoring

Reviewed on 23/03/2019

Pros

This is the kind of software that sensitive companies need to protect themselves, their data and their employees. The very nature of this software is stealth. Users will never know that they're being watched (that is if that's the way you want it set up). The reporting is excellent and very in-depth and detailed.

Cons

Hard to uninstall. Because it doesn't work like conventional software, the removal (at least the first time) is kind of a chore.

Muhammad T.

It helped track my employees in stealth mode. I can judge behavior of my employees and keep eye on.

Reviewed on 03/07/2018

peace of mind about progress of my employees.

Pros

Recent screen shots help get overview at a glance about what your employees doing.
One can monitor from anywhere or on the go.
website blocking is very easy and its very difficult for employees to track whats going on their system.
For home users its free to monitor 3 computers with enough data

Cons

Price is bit high as compared to other solutions.
Also paying annually is also a paid and they don't offer monthly payment options

Sarmad K.
Industry: Music

Best Employ Monitoring Software! No Doubt.

Reviewed on 20/07/2019

Overall fantastic! I must say it's a good stuff.

Pros

The features ActivTrak offers are more than required by any person. It is full of stuff that you can utilize for the best productivity. The Agent file is very reliable and completely hidden. ActivTrak also gives you the free 3GB data plan for up to 3 different users.

Cons

It is really hard to tell about the cons. A few things could be improved like the real time screenshots are bugged out sometimes, you need to refresh the page and the incorrect page title with the different screenshot happens often.

Kevin M.

ActivTrak helps me monitor productivity and computer usage. It's the best tool on the market.

Traacking

Pros

1 - It's easy to use. All you do is download the program to install, and it will automatically do everything for you.
2 - Screenshots every minute. This is such an incredible feature that allows me to keep track of exactly what's going on.
3 - Graphs and data visualization for productivity. All you have to do is tag which applications/use cases are productive/unproductive, and you can get a quick overview of what the computers are being used for.
4 - Weekly summary emails. This way I don't even have to log in to check, but get a top level summary of the most important news.
5 - Website Blocking. It's really great to be able to block websites simply and easily.

Chrissy H.
Industry: Construction

Wonderful

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Pros

VALUE
Small business that has only have two administrative personnel, ActivTrak offers a free version of its software, which allows us smaller companies who may not have the resources or need for an integrate monitoring software. It allows us to monitor our employees productivity for a value that cannot be beat - FREE!

Cons

No complaints; unable to complain about software that is offered free of charge. Only suggestion is for the free version to possible allow storage to be deleted for a certain period instead of having to delete the entire history.
Wish a light version was available for smaller companies to purchase/subscribe to that allowed for unlimited storage.

This is great software for the monitoring

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

ease of use and the reporting functionality is great, especially the full audit log of what has been happening on a computer. it even catches title bar data of when users are in incognito or private mode. this is extremely helpful, especially when you have setup screen grabbing and alerting when you have areas of concern that a member of staff is doing something inappropriatre.

Pros

Its not a cheaper solution but it is a better solution if you want more detail into what your employees are doing. It really made the owner cringe at the level of detail we can see what the employees do, he almost thought it was too invasive

Cons

We had some employees who were consistently missing deadlines that they shouldn't have been missing. ActivTrak enabled us to efficiently identify and address some of the employees' problematic behaviors.

It worked so well that I actually installed it on my own computer to help me identify areas for improvement.

Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

ActivTrak Review

Reviewed on 03/12/2018

ActivTrak is an excellent tool for our organization that works perfectly, easily, effectively, all at a very low price point. It helps us enforce our Acceptable Use policy and take action when necessary.

Pros

The best part for us is that it takes the legwork out of an investigation. Simply install the tool and the data is gathered in many different formats. Before we started using it, an investigation would consume hours of IT's time while we dug through firewalls and internet history files (if available) to piece together a picture of PC activity. Being able to provide legal a set of screenshots is perfect and removes all of the guess work.

Cons

We haven't run into anything we disliked about this software

Raul I.
Industry: Telecommunications

Surprisingly good!

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Control on what users are doing is cruzial for companies these days. Specially because of malware. This software helped us to control employees productivity and systems security.

Pros

Super easy to get it going. I love the way I can make sure that my staff is being productive. Being a company that works a lot with internet is difficult not to get distracted. By checking the sites that they are visiting and for how long helps themselves realize if they can be more productive and also helps IT managers keep thins safe.

Cons

It's user based so it can get a little pricey if you have a lot of them. Free version is very complete but limited for 3 users.

Praveen D.

Good software to tack productivity of your employees.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

You can track productivity of your employees by categorized application, website in to productivity and unproductive. Every screenshot captured secretly.

Cons

Limitation of storage space there should be any provision link with box,one drive or dropbox so that all file can moved or save to these drives.

Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

PERFECT FOR EMPLOYEE MONITORING; INCREASED OUR MONTHLY OUTPUT UPON USAGE

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Pros

ActivTrak is amazing as it also tracks browsing histories and productivity of employees. Its layout is simple which is a great feature if you want an organized type of software. Since its main feature is employee tracking, it does an amazing job. ActivTrak is pretty easy to learn and is easy to use as well.

Cons

I am not sure if it can also access browsing history when in incognito. I hope it does. Also, blocking of certain websites seems to have no time limits. Unblocking of some websites after office hours is not a possibility.

Pamela H.
Industry: Hospitality

Excellent

Reviewed on 18/01/2019

I can check my computer and make sure my employees are not using it to do anything but work .

Pros

I love this software I can see what my employees are doing on the computer.

Cons

At first it was not responding to some of the different categories but after the update it started working right . No problems after that .

Amanda M.
Industry: Insurance

Great for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

I love using ActivTrak! It is easy to install on the computers, access the reports and use the system

Pros

Ability to see the screenshots and see what the staff are doing in real time

Cons

Having to manually delete data instead of it automatically overwriting the oldest files

Daniel T.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Excellent, Easy and well worth the 5 min install cause thats all it was.

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

Straight up monitoring and a solid gage of what is going on within the monitored team members.

Pros

Ease of use. so simple nothing is hidden behind sub menus or complicated setup walls. The interface is is clean and crisp giving only the info you are after while being easily leading to other relevant options

Cons

Honestly i keep adding to much reporting and getting a lot of email. just dont be like me, you dont need to know everything

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

So amazing, I could not live without this product. Has made my life more efficient and productive.

Pros

Amazing tools for Real-Time Employee Monitoring. As a supervisor, I could not speak more highly of this tool.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons yet. I am a newer user to this software but it honestly so great. Hopefully I never have any cons.

Miller C.
Industry: Computer Hardware
Company size: Self Employed

This is one awesome software!

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

It makes it easier to keep track of what is going on when I suspect people are doing things that they should not be doing

Pros

It is easy to use and makes life easier for me to keep track of what is going on with my computers

Industry: Construction

Jeremy w/ Steel-Plus

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Production increased and less malicious software since we started using this software. Now I can focus on other important tasks during the day.

Pros

User friendly interface and easy to navigate. Graphs and charts are very useful. Love the fact that it installs on client machine so they are less likely to circumvent restrictions.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at this time.

Shaun G.

Great way to help alleviate extracurricular activities on the web

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Pros

It's ease of use. Very simple setup, and very nice GUI to review data. I really like the time breakdown provided for productivity vs non.

Cons

I wish it were slightly more granular in the respect of actual website names visited. It gives IPs, but then we have to track down through DNS what it was they visited.

William D.
Industry: Telecommunications

Very pleased with the service

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

No server to maintain or software updates to install.

Pros

Easy to use and Cloud-Based, Setup is a snap, Tech Support emails are answered within one day. Easy to use menu with lots of flexibility.

Cons

Would Like to have more reports and the ability to set up reports to be emailed every week, 2 weeks, and 30 days.

Saad N.

Definitely worth your money

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

I've been able to improve productivity of employees.

Pros

Gives you the ability to automatically take screen shots of employee's screen.
Ability to know what websites employee is visiting and how much time he/she is spending
Works best for employees working remotely
I can see the productivity of my employees and add it to their quarterly reviews.
I don't use this software to micromanage my employees but it gives you an idea of whether someone is working consistently or cheating when tasks are assigned to them.

Cons

Want the ability to fully video record what the employee's screen.