Tripleseat

Sales & event management for hotels, restaurants & venues

4.7 /5 (467 reviews) Write a Review!

Lauren R.

• Customer Support Software

The system every Private Dining Sales person has been waiting for!

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

I had the pleasure of being introduced to Tripleseat at a previous job, and that company unanimously agreed for all of the concepts to make the switch to their program. It was better than the other options out there at the time, and made the most sense. After working with everyone while being at that company, I brought them on board to my current employer. Their sales team, support team, training team, all of them, are so friendly, and helpful! There is no question too small, or request too large to be considered.
I am a big fan, and would recommend them to anyone looking for a new booking system in a heartbeat.

Pros

My favorite part of TripleSeat is that everything makes logical sense, and is able to be customized to your needs. When inputting the information, you don't have unnecessary steps in order to get your basic needs into the system. If I have a brand new manager who only gets a date, time, number of guests, and the host's contact info, they can (within minutes) get them a contract. At the very least they can send them an email with menus and instead of loosing a sticky note, have it tracked so I can follow up.
Truly this was made for the Sales person in mind, with how the data is tracked, and how much time it saves.

Cons

My only wish for the software, was that it would allow for you to track correspondence directly with a contact and not having it connected to an event. There doesn't seem to be a way to pull up someone who is in your data base, and just send them a prospecting email, or share with them updated menus or promotions. You have to export their contact information and email, or use a previous event.

Courtney S.

Best Catering Booking Software

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Always great. The customer service if I ever have a question or issue that needs sorting is quick and helpful. I use this software daily and I love using it. It makes my job and my day more efficient.

Pros

Ease of use. I can easily train other employees quickly on how to book orders. I love the customization and ease of adding new menu items. The reporting is excellent for keeping track of sales and other marking tools.

Cons

I wish that it had the ability to auto populate a packing slip for the kitchen. I.e. when fajitas are ordered for 10, it would populate on the kitchen sheet the exact amount of food by oz or quarts the kitchen would need to prepare.

• Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Gather Rocks for Event Planning!

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

From the get-go, the Gather team has been a pleasure to work with. Their representatives were very well informed and knew their products, helping me make a decision to switch over to them. They helped me set up the program, and input all of the information, and they respond almost immediately any time I have a question.

Pros

This program has turned our event planning into a very easily streamlined business. It is so easy to book groups, send menus, send invoices, and even collect payment. The calendar portion makes it to where I can have my entire staff have access to seeing when dates are booked, without them seeing any other details, so they don't have to come to me to ask if a date is available. It also makes it very easy to track clients and to use as a database.

Cons

There are just a couple tweaks that could be made to make the mobile app a little more user friendly, but all in all, it is a great program.

Tabitha R.

• Customer Support Software

Gather has made my proposal writing 100% better than when I had to write them manually using...

Reviewed on 12/09/2017

Quick & easy creation of bookings. Fast reaction updates with existing bookings. Immediate updates across the entire booking and all of its documents. Superior customer service.

Pros

We are a restaurant with a huge catering business and this software was designed for an on site caterer with event rooms versus everything being off site like our business model. I am looking forward to the modifications in the future that close the gap on the two concepts better. It has made proposal writing a dream! I love that everything is live across the entire booking with a click of the mouse. The customer service is unbelievable! Everyone is always so pleasant & receptive with all of my questions, comments, concerns & suggestions. The mobile app is great and we want to use it more but the team communication alert email doesn't function on mobile which renders it useless to our team. The reporting seems to constantly improving but we can not connect it to our system so we do not currently use it but I look forward to a day when we can. I absolutely love all of the filtering throughout the entire program and how there are multiple ways to find a previous booking. The calendar is my favorite view and I am looking forward to beginning to use the task function shortly. I have created many many menu templates which is superb but would like to copy one from an actual booking as well. Overall, I completely understand that this is meant for more formal venue catering so I am just grateful that I am able to utilize it at the level that I can for corporate/off site catering. It is so quick & easy and I just cant believe how effective it is to update for a client. Great job!

Cons

The biggest issue with Gather for us is that it does not report to our inventory/reporting system. We have to manually ring everything into our Revel POS system in order to capture an accurate product mix. Basically this means that this software is really only for me to create the proposal and our comptroller must recreate everything in another program. Huge waste of time but a necessary evil for me to have this valuable tool to do my job. I wish that there were more templates for multiple sections including but not limited to the notes sections. I find myself copy & pasting my own words dozens of times a day. I would like to see the lead be able to be customized because I have to ask a set series of additional questions before I may even begin a proposal. It would be really helpful to copy & paste emails into the message section to be able to assure an accurate add. I think that it is important to add a confirmation to the client that their CC info has been added correctly. I get MULTIPLE emails a week asking if we are all set since they do not get a confirmation. Please finalize the condensed versions that you have been toying with. Please go back to the notification to COMPLETE the gratuity, 50% miss it. Lastly, add the onsite contact info to the CHEF BEO. We use that version for the driver because it is a cleaner version to pack the van with. The regular BEO is only sent to the client with the proposal because it has too much going on for the delivery pack list. Thanks!

Stephen L.

Tripleseat review & comments

Reviewed on 05/06/2019

Tripleseat has grown with us at the rate we are able to understand and make positive advances with the software. They are allways available for discussion and help. My overall experence is we get very comfortable & professional service from Tripleseat.

Pros

I'm not at all a pro but so the ease of use is very important. The software was not designed originaly for my type of use, I'm a movie theater with special events. However it has been curved to be able to offer me everything I require to keep track of my special events. The calendar is esential for the number of events we have as each new movie release generates a new special event be it birthday parties or receptions and sometimes just a movie only seat reservation. Each style has to be noted and written up using the software to outline for each department in the Theater. The ability to arrange the many buckets we use to otline an event form the original set-up, as our understanding of the software increases is great.

Cons

Having to update each time changes are made to see how it will look onl the BEO is a little challenging. Then to view any changes I have to open up the BEO to see how it looks/fits etc. It would be nice to have a real time view/function of some sort to be able to see what someting looks like without having to udate first.

Christina L.

Daily Life

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Overall it was not hard to learn for such a critical tool we use to plan multiple events.

Pros

It is easily accessible and great if we need to work from home. Leads are captured for us to respond and sorted accordingly. The calendar for event planning is critical for us to see and use to rent our event spaces.

Cons

I would love if there was an app for it on the phone instead of having to go on a site. When multiple members are booking potential leads, If there was a way to block spaces better besides using the hold mark on the calendar as that does not guarantee a proper blockage sometimes (for example if it can note the space is currently being blocked as multiple users are trying to block the space at the same time that would be great) Also putting potential events on our calendar does require multiple steps with a lot of info -if this could be more compact, that would save time in booking during high demand.

Topher C.

A Cut Above the Rest!

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Not only is Gather flexible with tasks and manipulating your day to day needs, there's a plethora of built in features to help be more successful ~ not just with your Clients, but your staff as well. Plus the Gather Team is constantly innovating and improving upon its system to keep up with the evolving nature of events and catering. Any feedback given is gracefully accepted and noted, and their Customer Success Team Members are always there for you when you encounter an issue or don't know what to do. Our Events business has benefited greatly since we were able to bring Gather in to the fold!

Pros

The overall ability to communicate clearly to Clients as well as staff, and having the software compatible with the newest tech (I get notifications on my phone and watch). Proposals to clients look professional and are easy for just about anyone to utilize. Putting proposals together now take minutes instead of hours.

Cons

I honestly have nothing negative to say about any aspect of Gather.

Kenneth F.

Tripleseat Crushes!

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

Pros

The most easeful part of planning and implementing events is having everything necessary for all teams (admin, chef, service) in a one stop, easy to use place. Since it's cloud-based I can access it at home, and give on the spot guidance to my teams who are already on site.

Cons

The only hiccup that I would like to see rectified is having any uploaded documents that my team has made readily available on the scroll over button on the calendars. For example, you scroll over an event on the calendar and it would be awesome to have not only BEOs but also uploaded menus and receipts there too.

Suzi H.

So Easy!

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

It is easy to see what spaces are already booked for any given day. The calendar notes is also very handy as we are a very large venue with many different functions. It is easy to add an note for different "heads up" groups who do not want to host their event as a private party but do want to let us know they will be coming in

Pros

The best thing about this product is how easy it is to use! I love everything about it. They are constantly working to make things better. We have had many people call trying to get us to switch to their event software, but there is no way we will ever change. This has been a lifesaver for me! I am your biggest fan!

Cons

Some problems with the seated dinner menus printing everything on the Chef's BEO. I have managed to make it work by adding the information as "add another item".

Tripleseat after 1 Year

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Training was quick and easy and support has been extremely good. The transition did pose some problems, as trying to make our systems fit into Tripleseat took some true trying and testing, and it seems we're still making changes. But overall it feels like a good fit. Anxious to explore the new reporting platform!

Pros

Accessibility. We'd previously used another catering software which needed to be accessed via an interface, which took time and was often frustrating with spotty wifi. Also, the platform is completely web-based, so accessing it on a PC or a Mac device is easy.

Cons

The fact that merged documents are .pdfs. It would be so much better if documents, such as contracts and/or especially Banquet Event Orders could be merged to .Word docs, which may be edited (page breaks!) after merging. It's supposed to be views on a screen, rather than printed, but our Chefs still require everything printed, so it's a hassle going back and forth between the document and the print/screen.

Rachel P.
  • Industry: Restaurants

The best software for private dining & catering

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

I used Gather for four years at a previous restaurant and loved it so much that I made Gather a hiring condition for my new job. The customer service is responsive and will work hard to solve any issues. They are constantly trying to find and implement new improvements and I love how they communicate their progress. Gather has fantastic training upon set up and webinars on different features each week.

Pros

I love having the Gather app on my phone. I can check my calendar, create proposals and respond to messages on the go! Our restaurant owner can also see what events are coming up through the app.

Cons

The app is a work in progress, but they have made great strides with a lot of new editing features. One feature I would like to see is the ability to edit an event's menu & beverages in the app.

Madison B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Good experience, can use improvements

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

I really have enjoyed using Tripleseat so far, overall. If there could be a way to fix the email going to spam issue, it would make me trust Tripleseat much more.

Pros

First I need to state that we use Tripleseat for unconventional purposes as we are not a restaurant. But I will say it has really helped streamline our contracts and payment processes -- I've noticed a substantial improvement in our A/R process and some credit is due to Tripleseat's ease of use for clients.

Cons

There are a lot of features I wish the software had, or that the software made easier to use. One example would be to show me on the dashboard how many contracts we have sent out that still await client signatures, and to be able to issue automated follow-ups for completion. Another major issue we've recently uncovered is that Tripleseat communication with clients often goes into their SPAM folder which creates obvious issues for us in terms of securing contracts and making our clients happy.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Tripleseat Software Review - 5/23/19

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

With Tripleseat, we as a Sales team use it the most but it is available for all chefs and managers to view and see what's coming up. It's easy to use on a day to day basis, and now that the whole team is on board it's a good communication tool.

Pros

I like that Tripleseat has a very easy-to-use interface and keeps everything from leads/events/contacts/accounts very organized. I also like that it is customized to each company or group that uses it.

Cons

There seem to be a few glitches - not everyone gets my email because their servers mark tripleseat discussion emails as spam. I also can't always link up other programs to it (Social Tables).

Great Planning System!

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Pros

I absolutely love using Tripleseat for our event planning. It's very easy to use and navigate and you're able to have many different features within the system. I love that Tripleseat also sends you a daily email early in the morning to let you know your tasks and events for the day. It's VERY helpful! It keeps you organized in the sense of not being able to over book yourself and over lap times, which solves a lot of potential issues.

Cons

There isn't many cons that I can think of within this software. There has been a few times when the software has gone down during a time of need, but it's very rare that it happens. Also when you log into your account, every single time you will get a verification code sent to your email before you can log in. Sometimes this can get more annoying then anything, but I can see why it could be used as extra protection for your account.

Colby L.

Best EVENT SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Tripleseat is always there for support and help. The turn around time on request or help is always quick.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and is user friendly for the client and the planner. Out of all of the software that are out there, I do believe it is the best! The software team is always making updates to t he program and introduce new functions that just makes it better.

Cons

I really don't think there is a con with this software. I have been using triple seat for almost 8 years now and I won't use another program. I have tested other programs but the others have a lot of cons.

Mary M.

Tripleseat Review

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

It's been a very easy process. Customer support is always super helpful.

Pros

It's both dynamic and user-friendly. I love all the options.

Cons

I'd love a phone friendly, downloadable app.

Alison C.

• Customer Support Software

This booking platform is so user-friendly; it makes the booking process quick and easy.

Reviewed on 18/09/2017

Gather saves me so much time so I'm able to respond to more leads and create proposals and correspond with clients in a more timely manner. All of this frees me up to do more networking outside the office and in turn generate more business for my event space.

Pros

The most awesome thing is, I can do everything in one system. I receive leads via Gather, I send and receive emails, book space, create BEO's, collect deposits, send invoices and other documents via Gather. It's the greatest and easiest booking system I've ever used and I've been in the event industry since 1987. The 2nd thing I love about Gather is their customer service. My rep always goes above and beyond every time, is always there to assist me, responds immediately, and is an absolute joy to work with.

Perfect Organizational Skill

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Again very user friendly and huge help with all aspects of event planning. From lead conversion to execution an close out, super helpful!

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate site. Color coded and date coded makes it easy to stay organized. Also easy to pull reports to see financials, lead generation, lost events, successes etc. Easy to send contracts/beos to client and internal team members presenting both in a very straight forward manner.

Cons

Sometimes tedious to edit pick lists. No feature to copy over a contract from one venue to another.

Cesar H.

• Customer Support Software

Great and useful software!

Reviewed on 18/10/2017

Pros

Pros:
- Easy! It is really easy to learn and flexible to adapt to your venues' needs.
- My coworkers love the layout of the event orders
- Costumers love the ability to sign contracts online and the ease of communications

I have worked with several different software and TripleSeat is definitely my favorite. I have carried to any new company I go to.

Cons

Cons:
The set-up part of it (at the beginning) with the staff is a little time consuming and the response was slow. Once we were over the initial set-up part, it all went smoothly.

Jennifer R.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Gather is a Lifesaver!

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Gather is a life saver! I do not know how I would keep up with our busy event schedule without it!

Pros

Gather is very user friendly and helps me keep our event calendar clean and organized. It is fantastic for communicating with both guests and our management team throughout the company.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Gather. I have had nothing but a pleasant experience. Even if I do run into a software glitch every now and then, I am able to call Gather Support and receive immediate assistance to solve the problem.

Annemarie S.

Easy to navigate!

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

I have really enjoyed the switch to Gather, I would recommend keeping old event orders for a few years if you have repeat business. When moving information menus and details are not included, or they weren't with us. We have lots of repeat business so those notes are essential. In a few years I won't need to keep any information because everything will be readily available in Gather!!

Pros

Gather is super intuitive, IPhone users will love the software! Also I love the phone app, even if you are away during the event you have all the information at your fingertips.

Cons

When you add a new contact the cursor does not self populate, its small but irritating, lol.

Jodie S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

My Review

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Pros

Easily create proposals
Can override any menu item so I can easily freehand

Cons

So many clicks to complete a task. Too many tabs, go here, then go here.
I dislike very much that the contract is below my signature. Honestly I prefer Gather, but Tripleseat provides better reporting and that was the decision maker

Ivette D.

• Customer Support Software

Gather makes my job so much easier

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Gather makes planning an event so easy. All of my correspondences with my guests are in one place so I can go back and look at past conversations if I need clarification on something. Anytime I have a question the customer support team is available, friendly and happy to help. I've used quite a few other event softwares and Gather is by far my favorite.

Pros

The Gather software is so user friendly, I can create an event order in seconds. I can respond to leads and emails even when I'm not at the office.

Cons

I can't think of a feature that I do not like.

Seana H.

I LOVE this software

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

Pros

THE TEAM! This team is so helpful and ready to assist at a moments notice. They are all friendly and very well versed in the event world. The software is easy to use, easy to train on, and makes selling a breeze.

Cons

None to speak of :) I have had a lot of feedback for the TS team in the past - being a customer for 5+ years. They listen closely and make improvements when appropriate.
There are constantly new upgrades and bonus features coming out to help us work better!

Emma D.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Organized Chaos

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Pros

Gather has elevated events upon the estate to a whole new level. With hundreds of hosted events and leads to track, Gather has mastered the art of organized chaos. Our organization is now able to communicate effectively with clients, track all the special details of each occasion as well as increase sales due to the lead tracking options. Due to Gather, we have been able to increase sales and elevate our events to a whole new level!

Cons

Although tracking client communication through Gather is helpful, it can sometimes be a bit confusing for clients when new emails are sent rather than replies to the same email thread. It would also be helpful to have a read/unread option with the client messaging. Otherwise, it's great!