1,536 reviews

Clockify

The most popular free time tracker and timesheet for teams

4.7 /5 (1536 reviews) Write a Review!

1,536 reviews
Dima V.

How did I ever work before Clockify? ))

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

I have been using this product for many months and today I cannot see myself and my working day without Clockify. Every morning when I start, I press the button and know that my progress and work are properly recorded, under the corresponding project sections and descriptive headings & tags. If you need to track your and/or your team's workload, you will not make a mistake by switching to this great product!

Pros

Wow, where do I begin! I think the dashboard is my absolute favorite! To be able to see exactly which month I had spent how many hours (and minutes!) working on which project helps me greatly to plan my workload and to priorities.

Each time entry can be highly customized by connecting it to the relevant projects, giving it a very descriptive name and tagging it with special keywords. You can also mark every entry as payable or non-payable and for our company, where we use Clockify to pay our employees on a monthly basis, this and the rest of the features are indispensable!

Cons

Sometimes the browser tab crashes or when I start/stop the timer, the command does not go through. But that happens only 5% of the time so overall it is not a crisis.

Joel B.

• Customer Support Software

Best time tracking app out there

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

Overall, Clockify has helped streamline my small business. I no longer have to worry about keeping timestamps in my head while picking up the phone, or jotting a quick note down that I'll forget what it's in reference to later. Clockify has made me more efficient, and more accurate, two things that are wonderfully customer-centric.

Pros

I most love how easy this app is able to integrate into my workflow. It literally only takes me a few clicks to switch gears to a different project. So when a customer calls up and I need to start tracking my time differently, I can switch my time to a new task (before I even know what the task is) and once the customer fills me in on the needs of the call, I can start to detail the clock that is still running, without interrupting anything.

Cons

I wish that their was a report that was a mix between the summary and the detail report. The detail report is everything that you need, but summary gives some great summation which helps with invoicing. The only problem is that you can't see the summation with the detail. If there was either an expand/collapse that could be added to the summary report, or grouping that could be added to the detail report, we would have the best of all worlds.

Karthikeyan R.

One and only solution for your time tracking needs

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

I have tried number of time tracking softwares and got bored with each one,
1. Some has good features, but may lack in usability,
2. Some has good features, great usability, but expensive,
3. Some has everything more than needed (over engineered), which totally spoils the usability, (ex: for each entry I need to fill a very big form, unwanted notifications, useless statistics)

Finally I decided to write my own time tracker, at that time I got suggestion about Clockify from my friend, so I thought to give it a try, I frustrated already and started using Clockify without trust, but I really surprised. It simply works, and solved my needs.
1. It has simple user interface, which gives great usability,
2. Very simple to add an entry, very flexible in time entry,
3. Provides manual tracking and tracking with a timer,
4. Clean categorization, and tagging is nice,
5. Option for making an entry as billable
6. Simple reports

Pros

1. It has simple user interface, which gives great usability,
2. Very simple to add an entry, very flexible in time entry,
3. Provides manual tracking and tracking with a timer,
4. Clean categorization, and tagging is nice,
5. Option for making an entry as billable
6. Simple reports

Cons

Dashboard is not available in mobile version, it redirects to Clockify website if we click Dashboard in mobile application.

Simple way to track billables and other tasks

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

I got it to measure how much time I spend on tasks as I will be employing others to perform these functions soon and I wanted a benchmark I could hang my hat on: how long it takes me to do it! It's easy to edit and add time spent after the event. Also the reporting is good, especially considering I am using the free version. I'm also conscious that it may well serve my purposes when I do have a team to manage. I shall certainly give it first chance and I expect it will do the job with multiple users, again with little to no leraning curve.

Pros

It's intuitive and simple, I don't have to go through a big learning curve to get decent value from this product

Cons

It freezes up often and pages load slowly (I have a fast ISP and high spec machine so I don't expect bottlenecks)

Viet P.
  • Industry: Banking

Great product inspired by Toggl

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Besides the basic time tracking, Clockify offers more features mostly suitable for corporate environments, project managers and scrum masters.

I had fun using Clocikfy for time tracking, I felt more productive and would recommend it to everyone.

Pros

The user interface is practically the same as with Toggl, so it is very easy to enter and track time.
The best of all is the price. Alot can be done with just free tier, so it is worth to sign up and try.

Cons

Sometimes, when I haven't logged in for few days, it takes few seconds to load the whole interface. I understand it needs a lot of data in the background to make user interface working, but anything above 3 seconds is too long

Emiel G.
  • Industry: Design

Clockify helps us keep track of time!

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Pros

We have tried different types of time-tracking software, but none were as good and easy to use and implement. It's nice that you can use the free version with unlimited users, we will definitely upgrade in the future, but it's nice that we can already use almost every feature in the meantime. We did already recommend this app to other businesses!

Cons

The app is quite limited as an admin and on your phone, the browser redirects to the app, so a lot of features need the webpage on a computer. This is not so handy on the fly... Make new users, add new projects/tasks, ... It's mostly only a tracker while the webpage offers much more. Please add some more functionalities :)

Subash B.

Simple Yet Effective & Efficient Time Tracking Tool

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

Clockify has helped my organisation in a big way by simplifying & making the time tracking task efficient and reliable. From the time we have moved from another time tracking to Clockify - we might have saved a lot of time slippages being tracked appropriately and has saved us a lot of time and effort in time tracking, auditing, reporting and billing activities.

Pros

1. Super simple time tracking tool - it's very easy to use & very quickly anybody can pick it up - useful when onboarding a new employee.
2. Enables effective management of housekeeping tasks for team leads & managers - like attendance, time sheets, etc.
3. Easy tool to bill the hours worked & review time taken on projects and tasks through reports.
4. There is a mobile app as well which enables to track time spent on calls as well - especially when you are a consultant or advisory services provider and spend a lot of time on the phone.
5. You can set up time tracking for specific clients, projects, tasks and assign it to specific employees - this is very granular and comprehensive.

Cons

1. I would have loved a random screenshot taken of work being done as well along with time tracking - this will boost the confidence managers & clients have on the reports & time sheets.
2. Timers some times stops - has happened with me a few times - not sure if its a browser issue - but this is always on my mind to keep checking if the timer is on from time to time.
3. Manual time adding can be an issue as sometimes we have seen that the date selected moves to the current date - need to careful & recheck entries.

Maciej T.

• Customer Support Software

Great value for an affordable price + constant development = successful software

Reviewed on 24/01/2020

Great to track time in a small company. New features appearing every month or so are always pleasant news. Great and helpful customer support.

Pros

Pricing scales with features instead of scaling with the number of users. The development team clearly works very hard implementing new features and fixing bugs - Clockify is already much better than when I started using it!

Cons

Lack of polish - Clockify is great, but the devs still have a lot of work to do polishing the app, eliminating all the bugs and providing better user experience.

Danielle A.

Decent Free Project Time Tracking Software

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

I am a Corporate Recruiter for about 8 different companies all owned by one Owner. I use Clockify to track time spent on recruiting for all of our companies separately so that costs of my department are shared appropriately based upon use of recruiting services. Clockify allows me to track my time based upon what company I am doing tasks for and then produce a billable amount for each company at the end of the month. Has been a very useful product and has fulfilled my needs.

Pros

We currently use the free version of Clockify's time tracking software for projects. Very easy to use and has a Chrome Plug-in that you can install so you do not have to navigate to a webpage to start or stop tracking time spent on a project. Able to run different reports to understand time spent on projects. Able to set a billable rate for time spent on projects and then run a report to show what billable cost for time spent on a project is. Functions exactly as I need it to.

Cons

It is easy to forget to stop timing projects once you start them. Would like to see some sort of customization notifications or reminders that you have projects still being timed. The paid versions may have more flexibility there but we currently use the free version. Plug-in can be very slow and glitchy. Sometimes I'll have to click on the icon several times before it opens and it is pretty slow to load.

Response from Clockify

Hi Danille, thanks for your feedback!

In the browser's extension, there's an option to set up reminders so that you don't forget to start the timer https://clockify.me/help/apps/chrome-extension#reminders

If the extension is slow or glitchy, try reinstalling it, or clear the browser's cache.
In case it doesn't help, feel free to contact us via this email [email protected]

Michael A.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

For free? What's not to love?

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

I use ClickUp (another great product) for task/project management. And, although it has an internal "time clock", it's weak. However, Clockify was one of the recommended integrations. It integrates perfectly with ClickUp and since it resides in clickup as well, we can start and stop it by task in ClickUp. Kinda remarkable.

Pros

I own a small, niche accounting firm with one employee three time zones away. And while most of my fees are fixed, we often take on "projects" for which we bill by the hour. Clockify lets my track our hours down to any "sub level" I need. It's perfect for me to track my admin time as well, so I know when it's getting close to me needing to hire an additional person. It's perfect for what I need.

Cons

Sometimes the extension and the "in-line" functions seem to argue with each other. For example, if I receive an email that I want to respond to that I need to track my hours spent on, I can click the little "start timer" in the email. However, to STOP the timer, I have to go to the extension and "assign" the time to a task before I can stop it. So, naturally, I dump everything into my "admin" and promise myself I'll come back later and allocate.

Response from Clockify

Thank you for the feedback, Michael!

It's most likely that you have Task set as a required field and because of that the app prevents you from adding incomplete time entries without selecting a Task and that's why you're not able to stop the timer. You can always disable Task as a required field and you will be able to stop your entries right away. (https://clockify.me/help/extra-features/required-fields)

Bianca V.

Free but awesome!

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

I am in charge of keeping track of my own hours, I tried other free services but none fit the bill until Clockify! I use the free version and while other free services are extremely limited Clockify has awesome free features that really allows its users to get the job done. Clockify is limitless!

Pros

It’s easy to use and has great free features

Cons

I really like this service, it gets the job done

Wahid N.

Better value than most of the time trackers

Reviewed on 22/01/2020

This allowed us to have everybody to track their time instead of us having to pay for extra users (which ends up costing exponentially more). Besides we didn't miss out on any features with regard to the competitors. At the end of the day you'd like people to track their time so it's easier for you to estimate, calculate or see where the time goes. And this allows that without having to pay an astronomically amount of money.
If we need extra reporting features we will definitely be upgrading without having a hearth attack. Thank you for that.

Pros

The best value for money you can get regarding the time trackers. I mean the features are maybe somewhat different, but it's not like we had any issue of switching to this. The transition to this was very easy.

Cons

The native apps for desktops and phones can use some improvements.

Elijah D.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

The Most Functional Time Tracker

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

As a graphic designer, it is important for me to provide my clients with the accurate amount of work that I did, broken down into tasks and projects so that they are able to see what they are paying for. With Clockify this has become less of a burden for me and allows me to invest more of my time into what I do best rather than paperwork or counting hours.

Pros

Simplicity vs functionality is a dilemma in modern softwares, one that Clockify excel in solving. The simple to use time tracker with the functionality of high end time trackers and a very reasonable price tag is what sold it for me. The ability to generate a full report, especially in format that is interactive in terms of date ranges, is a God sent feature that saved me the time from creating multiple reports. The organizational elements such as projects, clients, and workspaces allowed for a clean user experience where nothing is cluttered.

Cons

Besides some bugs affecting time duration, there is nothing that I can not like about this platform. Bugs and glitches are expected from any software, especially one as extensible as Clockify. However I'm confident that the team and developers at Clockify will fix this and improve the software as they have done in the past few months.

Response from Clockify

Thanks so much for your feedback, Elijah!

Feel free to write to us about the time duration bugs at: [email protected]

Dima S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Best free time tracking for freelancers

Reviewed on 23/01/2020

I'm working as a freelance graphic designer with many clients and usually on many projects simultaneously. In most cases I bill my time to clients. Clockify helps me to easily track hours, and later see customised reports to create invoices. Invoices i create manually, i just need to see overall time spend on projects, tasks, and clients. All what i need for free. I was looking for this app for long time.

Pros

It has a free plan, which has 99% of all functionality i need. It has a mobile app. It has a desktop app. Works on mac and windows.

Cons

In free version I'd like to be able to setup specific rates per client and rates per project, because types of projects vary a lot in my case. That's 1% functionality i miss in the free plan.

Response from Clockify

Thank you for your review, Dima.

If you're a freelancer and you have a default rate you charge on all projects, you define that rate as your workspace hourly rate. Then if you also have a client to whom you charge a different rate, you can create a project, assign it to the client, and set the desired hourly rate for that project

You can find more information on how to do this here: https://clockify.me/help/projects/hourly-rates#which-hourly-rate-gets-applied

• Industry: Environmental Services

Functional and affordable

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

We needed affordable software for a small consulting company to do pretty complicated time tracking for our projects with multiple clients. Clockify gave us exactly what we needed and is actually affordable.

Pros

The time rounding function - we use that a lot for invoicing our clients.
Being able to track multiple projects and tasks within a team and audit the time for other team members.
The saved reports and export features. Super useful since we are constantly needing to report our time tracking data in different ways.
The free license actually works really well and doesn’t expire (unlike other time tracking apps)! We upgraded when our team got bigger for better functionality, and appreciate it is just one monthly fee instead of by user. This is the most affordable software by far.

Cons

It can be slow sometimes when using in the browser, mostly Microsoft Edge or Explorer. Works fine in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
A few bugs in the phone app, but they got fixed quickly when we reported it.

Carlos O.

Time management in a easy way.

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Clockify is a splendid time management tool, allowing you to track your time efficiently either by starting the clock, watching some actions and automating it or manual entries.

Right on the initial screen you can create a Project, mark as billable or not, add tags, select a specific client and start your tracking on that task.

You can use the Dashboard to see the time you've spent on each Project filtering by time period, billability and if you worked alone or with your team. You can also see the most tracked activities and the top Project you worked on.

In the Reports tab you can filter by almost all information on your tracking, export to various formats, print and share your reports.

You can do A LOT of customizations in your Projects and in your Team configurations, manage your Workspace, tags and clients and set limitations to some roles on the Team.

All of this on the FREE VERSION!!! It's awesome that a marvelous software has so many free resources!

You has three paid plan options that allow you to: Round time, limit what Projects the user can see, set required fields on time entries, lock changes in entries, update your lock date, hide pages from regular users, cost analysis, time approval, create alerts, manage accounts, authentication and custom fields.

It has a simple and clean interface where you can find ANYTHING with ease and there's a Help tab with Documentation, Tutorials and Support.

Clockify changed my way of work for better!

Pros

Almost everywhere you will see a "Start timer" button.

It is so easy to use that you don't even notice.

Capability of connect with your APIs and use Webhooks from the start.

Clear interface allowing you to access any features with few clicks.

Apps for Desktop, Android, iOS and browser app.

It watch your use of some apps (if you allow it) so it can automate your entries.

Idle time function which will trigger if you get afk.

Cons

Demands some configuration to start using it with proficiency, but in a mid term you can use it with mastery.

Andrew K.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

Time tracking at it's best.

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Overall clockify has saved me tons of time and money!

Pros

The ease of setup was superb, I was up and running in just a few minutes which is critical! Since then I have added on additional workspaces and have further organized my list of clients. The reporting is one of the things that I love the most because it keeps me from having to log and document the work I do for multiple clients.

Cons

I think my biggest con is not being able to restart a project. I know that I can click the project (once completed) and it will auto-fill all of the same details but if I am switching between projects in a day then my list can get rather lengthy. It would be awesome to have it all be combined into one project or to simply be able to "restart" the clock on a project that has ended.

Janette S.

• Customer Support Software

So easy to use I didn't have to see any tutorial

Reviewed on 26/01/2020

I liked to see reports clearly and it was easy to use. Now I can see visually and clearly how I am managing my time with no stress

Pros

I loved the UX and design it's so easy to use that I didn't need any tutorial. It's very stable. I used another tool for tracking time but lately it had bugs, so I was searching for another option and then I saw Clockify was used by a colleague and start using it since then. Reports also can be viewed with the filters I needed with ease.

Cons

I would like to see a tool that could integrate time and bills easily.

Joshua C.

Great solution for great value

Reviewed on 06/06/2019

We've now got a very accurate overview of how much time, money and manpower we are putting into each product. This allows us to better estimate how much future projects will cost us, and therefore how much we need to bill the client. This has also improved client relationships as they can see how much time is being spent.

Pros

The intuitiveness of the software really shines, along with its well designed and minimum UI, making Clockify a pleasure to use.

The fact that it is free for their basic tier is brilliant, and lets you get a great feel for the product before upgrading to the software completely.

Analytics/Reports has been well thought through and even allows you to see a high level view on what your team is actively working on for your set time frame.

Cons

Unfortunately the software does not contain idle tracking, so you will need to keep on top of your tracking. This however has never really been a problem for our team, just would be one of those 'nice to have' features.

Marcin M.

• Customer Support Software

Best alternative in the market

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

We've been testing different tools such as Noko (Freckle) and Toggle, and for small teams, Clockify the best value in a free plan. Here, managing team (without size limit) is very easy, especially the ability to assign employee's hourly rate.

Pros

Clockify combines every useful feature from its competitors like Noko and Toggl, which makes this tool super powerful. Reporting and team management are really easy and straightforward. Also, it is really fast compared to competitors.

Cons

I really like all of the features. Have nothing to complain about.

Jhan carlos S.
  • Industry: Program Development

• Customer Support Software

Jhan Carlos Silva Review (From a DevOps and Administrator).

Reviewed on 20/01/2020

We solved the Time Tracking problems, we had use Forecast and another tools to track the time but It always be very confusing to use.

This tool help my team to track the time in an efficient way.

Pros

This is a very useful program, it's easy to use, it has a good price and it's very intuitive and well done!.

I made the decision about taking this tool and we are very proud of work with you.

Cons

I don't like the UI&UX experience in the responsive mode (web). When the screen gets lower I can't see my tracked time.

Callum M.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Pretty good, but not perect

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

Overall, I quite like it. I'm sure in a few months, it will be a really great product. There are a few niggles, and maybe it could do with more features, but I like it.

I am a solo developer. I use it for time tracking.

Pros

1) Pretty easy to use
2) Chrome extension is handy (easy ad quick way to access Clockify).
3) Simple layout and understandable.

Cons

1) Not 100% reliable. Examples: Logged out sometimes for no reason. Quite a few times the service has been down.

2) Often Clockify option appears where I don't want it, and you can't turn this off. Prime example: Google Keep. When you make a bulleted list. Each item on the list has a Clockify option next to it.

3) Not sure how I feel about the folding IE when you look at a day and all the sessions have been collapsed. When you expand, the summary level looks the same as the real items.

Response from Clockify

Thank you for the feedback, Callum!
That's strange, you shouldn't get logged out like that. Can you please contact [email protected] with more info so we can figure out what went wrong there?

You can turn off the extension in the settings, just click the URL permissions and uncheck Google Keep.

If you're referring to the grouping on the Time Tracker page, you can totally turn this of in your Personal Settings and that should fix it.

Hope that helps!

Good tool for time tracking

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

This tool help us understand how the time is allocated through the different activities so we can decide better how to allocate our resources and energies

Pros

Clockify is very easy to use and set up. After you have created your projects, it is very easy to start tracking you time by just clicking on the play button. For each project you can assign clients and team members.
Their dashboard is very complete and the reporting features are very useful.
In overall it is very intuitive so no need of long trainings. It can be explained to users in just a few minutes.
Their trial version have many features so it help us understand if it was the right tool for us before buying it. With similar tools, the trial/free versions have many restrictions

Cons

What I miss from toggl are the reminder emails when you have left your time running for too long as it used to happen to me very often. Also the desktop 'Idle' feature should be implemented

Response from Clockify

Thanks so much for your feedback!

I just wanted to let you know that you can receive notification about the long-running timer if you enable this option in the Profile settings.
Also, if you use the browser extension, there's the option to automatically start/stop the timer when you open/close the browser. You can check more about it here: https://clockify.me/help/apps/chrome-extension#start-stop-automatically

And while in the Mac app there's the idle detection feature, we agree it would be useful to have it in the Windows/Linux app so we plan to add this in the future

Rosa G.

• Customer Support Software

A nice and easy way to track your activities

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

It has helped me keep track of my freelance projects and It has been incredibly useful. I have no need for any other tool to manage the time I spend on each project and the money I´ve been earning with each. It also helps me keep track of the freelance work that has already been paid and the things I still have to charge for. I totally recommend it.

Pros

- Easy to use
- You can use a nice number of features for free
- Dashboard feature is nice and useful, showing you how many hours you have worked on each project, the total amount of money you have earned when they are billable, check your projects by week, month or year, etc.
- It allows you to create tags for your projects, for better organization.
- You can also create reports
- Support includes tutorials, though it is a pretty intuitive tool
- It allows you to share information with your clients
- Allows you to manually edit the entries (time, date, tags, etc)
- Has a feature to label and keep track of billable projects
- Really complete tracker software for your projects

Cons

Honestly, I have not found a con for this software yet. I have been using it for free and I believe it is incredibly complete and useful.

Victoria B.

• Customer Support Software

Clockify was the time tracking solution we'd been looking for!

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Pros

Firstly, the free access made selecting Clockify so easy. Next, it was the integration with our project management tool Clubhouse was the next no brainer for our team. Clockify is so easy to use and as an administrator, it's so simple and straightforward for me to view and report on our team's hours.

Cons

There were a few bugs when we first signed up to use Clockify, but the response we got from support whenever we hit a snag was so helpful and involved. It only improved our experience!