Clockify

4.7 (4,858)
Write a Review!
Time tracking for unlimited users and better productivity

(4,858)

Federico
  • Industry: Banking

Great solution for a Small / Medium Business

Reviewed on 30/03/2023

We found a solution that solved the need to have lengthy spreadsheets with all our projects, now we can share, coordinate and summarize everybody´s work.

Pros

This solution is great, easy to use, have great functions to export reports to excel to perform analysis, nice and powerful dashboards, and almost no training needed for the users.

Cons

Really we can´t find Cons for this app, the only issue is that the timesheet feature is not shown by default, but you can simply make it appear with a little of research.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

We needed a tool that gave us the option to share information in real time, help us control billable hours and stop working with spreadsheets to control our projects.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

We did a cost benefit analysis and Clockify had the highest rate.
Stephen Brent
Stephen Brent

An easy-to-use tool for growing businesses

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Overall, I am extremely happy with Clockify.

Overall, I am extremely happy with Clockify.

Pros

As a growing agency, we spent a lot of time researching time tracking tools and software that was simple to use and did the job without too many bells and whistles. We simply needed to track time for specific clients and tag what kind of work we were doing. We didn't need the ability to invoice from it, so we were also looking for something that was affordable.

Cons

The reporting feature is not the most user-friendly. I am always able to pull the information I need, but it can take multiple steps to get there.

I wish there was better integration with ClickUp.

Harvest

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

We used Hive for project management and time tracking, and we switched to ClickUp for PM. The time tracking reports in Hive never matched up to how many hours we knew we were logging, so we wanted to separate time tracking from the project management software.

Hive

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

We chose Clockify over Harvest due to price point. Harvest charged the same price as ClickUp, and it didn't make sense to pay the same price for time tracking as project management.

Response from CAKE.com

Thanks for your review, Stephen!

If you have any specific ideas for improving reports, feel free to email us at [email protected], or use this feedback form https://clockify.me/feedback

Magdalena
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Simple and effective

Reviewed on 07/06/2024

Comparatively clean UI with most important functionality present. Entry can be quicker, but is still far better than many of the alternatives out there.

Pros

I am a consultant and often need to complete timesheets at both my company and the clients’, so I want to be in and out as quick as possible. I like that clockify is simple - not many features, but the ones I need. Select date, select client, select time - done.

Cons

I would love to see a bulk entry option - I tend to be with a single client for an extended period of time and it will save me a tonne of time not having to input each day separately. From x day to z day, 7.5hrs p/d, save, done. I should say, they do have a “duplicate” button, so that makes things a bit easier, but still can be improved.

Response from CAKE.com

Thank you for your kind review, Magdalena! If you'd like to see more features in the future, please feel free to fill out our feedback form, and the team will gladly look into it. https://clockify.me/feedback

Ricky
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

First time user of Clockify

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Pros

Free version is available. We can also use it in multi platform.

Cons

Because free version used, some features are not available.
It cannot be used offline.

Response from CAKE.com

Thank you for taking the time to review our app. If you're experiencing issues or need help navigating and managing workspaces and members using the free version, please reach out to us at [email protected]. We'll gladly assist you!

• Industry: Human Resources Software
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Get started in a few minutes

Reviewed on 20/04/2024

Overall it's good, I do think there's a different way to go, like an embedded time tracker for employee's computers, and more reliability.

Pros

I like how it integrates with clickup to provide a seamless experience. I also like how it's reliable about 90% of the time due to its simple style.

Cons

I did not like that when it crashes, users don't get reassurance that they're working on the issue.

Response from CAKE.com

Hi there and thank you for the feedback!

If you ever experience an issue with the app or a sudden crash, feel free to reach out to support and you will always receive help on resolving the issue.

Pedro
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

• Customer Support Software

I've been using Clockify to track my work hours and it's been a game-changer!

Reviewed on 17/06/2024

Pros

I love how easy and intuitive it is to use, and the reports feature is extremely helpful.

Cons

I wish there was an option to create custom project templates for recurring tasks.

Response from CAKE.com

Hello Pedro,

Thank you for leaving your honest feedback!
We appreciate that.

Project templates feature is available in Clockify from any paid plan. Feel free to check them out on our help pages, we believe this is something that may help with the recurring tasks.

We are here for any questions, feel free to reach us at [email protected]

david
  • Industry: Banking

Our go to Time Management App

Reviewed on 04/06/2024

Pros

Really helps keep track of the large number of people we have working across a couple of different projects at anyone time. Makes it very simple to track who is working on which project and for what portion of their day/week

Cons

We have nothing but good things to say at present and since we started using it

Response from CAKE.com

Thank you for your nice feedback, David!

Joshua

Best time-tracking tool

Reviewed on 05/06/2024

Pros

Easy to use with detailed reporting and analytics allowing users to track their time spent.

Cons

The free version should have a more advanced reporting features to enable users span across its benefits.

Response from CAKE.com

Thank you for your nice feedback Joshua, glad to hear you're enjoying Clockify!

Amber
  • Industry: Performing Arts

clocking is it!

Reviewed on 18/05/2024

Pros

great for tracking employee attendance and time sheets as well as other software functions

Cons

The clockify software is ok but nothing much else

Anne
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

clockify for tracking hours for subcontractors

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Excellent, we still use it. As I have said it is a simple and effective tool for my subcontractors to track and report hours in office and remotely.

Pros

The 20 somethings who come and do data entry were able to easily and accurately track and report hours worked. It is great even with remote teams.

Cons

Some flexibility in labeling the work segments could be added. (location, jobs done, etc.) Payroll is separate for us, but it would be nice to have a place to note that the work segment was submitted to payroll.

Response from CAKE.com

Thank you for your kind feedback and suggestions, Anne! If you'd like to see more features in the future, please feel free to fill out this form https://clockify.me/feedback.

Emiel
  • Industry: Design

Clockify helps us keep track of time!

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Pros

We have tried different types of time-tracking software, but none were as good and easy to use and implement. It's nice that you can use the free version with unlimited users, we will definitely upgrade in the future, but it's nice that we can already use almost every feature in the meantime. We did already recommend this app to other businesses!

Cons

The app is quite limited as an admin and on your phone, the browser redirects to the app, so a lot of features need the webpage on a computer. This is not so handy on the fly... Make new users, add new projects/tasks, ... It's mostly only a tracker while the webpage offers much more. Please add some more functionalities :)

Freedcamp , MeisterTask , Harvest , and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Pricing was ridiculous. We are a manufacturer and use a lot of different students to make our products. We use the app to let them keep track of what they make. It was not feasible to pay per user as the added value is to low on a per-user base. We ware looking for an app that did not charge per user!

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Good free plan and a non-user based premium model. We are unable to afford a user based plan as the added value per user is very low.
Zeynel
Zeynel
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Most practical time tracker tool

Reviewed on 19/03/2021

I use the Clockify for tracking how I spend my time in almost every aspect of my life. I use it not only for work or studying but also for reading, watching or playing and etc. I have two different workspace in Cloccify, one is dedicated for productive activities (working, reading, writing, studying), while other is for non-productive stuff (procrastinating, social media, shows, video games). Being able to track and monitor how I spend my time encourages and motivates me to spend my time more productive.

Pros

It is quite practical, easy to use and create workspace.
Its app does not take up too much space in my phone memory.
Features of adding subtask for projects, I think, one of the best feature that make difference.
The way it offers reports is very powerful. Thanks to so many filtering and grouping options, you can track and monitor how you spend your time, in different aspects. You can have time report by different sorting options such like projects, tags, clients, tasks or name and etc. Beside, you can monitor 3 categories in one screen.
Its dashboard section is very effective to provide an insight. So effective that it usually make redundant to resort to report section.
Exporting the time report as .csv or .xls format is available. And the feature of importing .csv format makes easier to switch from another time tracker software.
Auto filling feature makes it even more practical.
It makes possible to create different workspace for different time-tracking purposes.
Timesheet section makes easier to add previous time input.
Calendar view make it possible to have powerful insight as to how you spend a week.

Cons

I want see time report of different workspaces, in one calendar view and graphics in dashboard, but Clockify does not have this feature. There could be a multiple workspace monitoring option in dashboard and calendar section. Which makes possible to compare the time spent for different works.
There could be an option for adding durations without time info. For example; adding 2 hours reading in Sunday, without bother paying attention what time it was.

Jesse
  • Industry: Online Media

Clockify is a great free tracker

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

I have used Clockify for close to two years and I have yet to find a time tracker that is as functional and straightforward. Other apps have more modern designs, but at the expense of usability.

Pros

The basics of any time tracking app is, of course, tracking time. Reports are also very helpful, along with tasks for a project. Clockify is the one app I've found that is free for all those features. It's well designed and thought out. Every feature you need is within quick access and simple to find.

Cons

The interface is as modern as some other trackers (Toggl, Harvest, etc). I occasionally look at other apps just to see if there's a better looking one. But they all either lack the features I need at the free level, or aren't as intuitive to use.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Clockify has a great free level, and upgrade price for more advanced features is very reasonable. It also is easy to use. Since I don't have a lot of time as a small business owner, I need to be able to jump in and use the program right away without downtime. No other app I've found has as easy an onramp as Clockify.
Leônidas
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Nice easygoing time tracking tool for personal use

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

I often work on multiple projects at 'the same time', and it can be hard to track how much time I'm actually putting into each one. Clockify helps me on that, and at the end of the month/week I can see how much work I have really accomplished and, based on that, plan ahead reprioritizing (or charging more) based on what I see. I also use it to keep my productivity in check.

Pros

It's fast, simple, light and practical (and looks good enough). I also like that it allows me to only use the functions that I need without having to learn/deal with all the other features it has.

Cons

-Navigating its menus can be quite unintuitive sometimes;
-It really looks/looked like a clone of the first iteration of Toggle, and that gave me a bad first impression of it. Still, the color pallet was better than Toggl's, and since the functionalities that I needed worked almost identical in both, I continued to use it.

RescueTime and Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

I tried a couple of different project and time tracking tools for my personal needs (tracking my personal work projects and daily activities). Some were to complex, some were to pricey, some were to ugly/had a bad UI. Clockify was the best one for what I needed.
Roldan
  • Industry: Design

Roldan's Review

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

Really nice experience. I never looked back. Please continue improving. I've used Time Doctor, Hubstaff, Upwork. Clockify dust them off.

Pros

UX and UI wise. Really nice lay-out. Easy to use.

Cons

Not much. No qualms. Maybe I can find out later since my subscription is free and for me alone. Maybe if my workspace becomes complex I might start to notice discripancies.

Time Doctor

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Clockify is the only Freelancer time tracking app that give fare advantages for both free users as well as paying ones. Other trackers are either buggy, clunky, difficult to use or expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Needless to say, much easier to use. It exactly cater a freelancer dilemmas when it comes to time tracking their work and invoicing clients.
Olushola
  • Industry: Market Research Software

• Customer Support Software

The best time tracking resource out there

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

This has helped me and y team keep track of time, project and even helped improve our efficiency through the ton of information and insight available for analysis

Pros

The software is easy to use, the color scheme is warm and inviting and there are helpful features all around

Cons

Sometimes I find out that I have to log in again. I don't k ow if this is a glitch or a security measure, but it makes me anxious

TimeCamp , Time Doctor , and DeskTime

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Well, it wasn't flexible and didn't have the features we discovered that we need to work efficiently

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Price, Flexibility, Ease of use and onboarding, Insights available for analysis (this was very important)
Aria

Keep It Simple and Smart

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

Clockify has helped my team get our projects organized for quite some time. We enjoyed the free version for a little over a year before we started opting for the paid version since we want to take advantage of some of the paid features such as automation, API integration, templates, and other productivity features to further improve our operations.

Pros

Clockify is a very simple platform to use with very user-friendly functions and operations. It takes less than 15-min for a new user to get familiar with it and already start working with the system. We love the fact that the system allows admins to be able to get high-level and granular data of individual users or projects. Data Analytics is really great with the high-level information that is already provided by the system UI, but Clockify also provides the capability to either extract the data and user a different data visualization platform to use, or integrate it with a different analytic platform all in all.

Cons

There are some limitations as to what data can be captured and stored in Clockify. If an operation is using a different KPI metrics (such as qty produced / time-spent) then this platform does not support that.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Best software to choose for freelancer

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

I've been using Clockify for more than two years now. I tried other software before but this one was the best at that and still is. If you, like me have simple needs, this is the best piece of software for you. Remark to company: please don't grow. If we're using your product we are not interested in ERP. If you want to grow make a separate product containing project planning etc.

Pros

Ease of use, reliability, fast response from customer service even when I was using only a free version of the software. Clean design, very good reports, ability to export reports to different formats. The basic version has almost all the things I need. Application is small, which is a big plus.

Cons

Lack of Polish version of VAT invoice is a little minus. If there were I'd have everything I need in one app. If you decide to implement that, please consider moving invoicing and time rounding from STANDARD to BASIC plan. I don't need managment stuff. There's literally no small and simple time tracking software with invoicing only. Every app like this slowly grows towards ERP system. Please don't grow. Hone the things you have now and make a separate product capable of integrating with bigger brother.

Simeón
Simeón
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Nice way to keep track on your time

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Overall is a good way to log and track your time, which as a freelancer is something very important. Maybe the free version is quite complete but the payed ones doesn't seem to add much more value to the product.
So as for now I will keep on the free one, and try to workaround the minor problems I may find.

Pros

Clockify has a really neat interface, and once completely configured it allows quick and easy operation.
On the main screen, you can simply hit the start button on the project you're working on and hit again whenever you stop and it will add directly a new entry on the log of that project. That's pretty quick when you need just to focus on the work. Besides this, on this screen you can also select each entry and decide if it will be billable to the customer or not by just hitting another button.
A really useful feature on Clockify is that you can set by default a billing price for your time, but also you're able to set a specific price per project, so when you set billable time to any project, it will apply the specific price in case it is set or the default one in the other case.
The dashboard section is also quite nice, but less useful, but anyway it shows some interesting info such as total time worked, or total earnings, most active projects and so on.
Then maybe the most interesting feature are the reports since are the ones that allows you to collect all the generated data. They are really flexible and allows a wide variety of different results by using the filters and the data are really well presented using some charts and tables.
And to finish, a nice feature is the ability of have shared projects with more people, this way you can log the time of the whole team and being able to decide if the time is billable or not, allows you some interesting posibilities.

Cons

It lacks some options on the project creation pop up, like the posibility of setting there the specific billing price for the project.
Although is very neat, I miss some possibility of configuring the dashboard section to add some widgets or reports on different sections. Didn't try the "pro" version but in the free one this is definitely not possible.
I the time I've been using clockify now I didn't found more major cons.

Juliette

A Fantastic Software with Great User Interface Design

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

Clockify is the most efficient software I've used to track my time, and I find the "Time Tracker" view very easy to use. I feel like some of the other views such as "Time Sheet" may be redundant, but maybe that is just because of the type of work I am doing. Overall, Clockify is fantastic and I hope the product never changes its layout.

Pros

Clockify is hands-down the easiest software I've ever used to track my time. I've worked part time for several companies, and I've always been confused by the layout of online time management systems. Clockify is the only software where I understand where I input my time while also being able to leave detailed notes on what I was working on at the same time. The website loads seamlessly on my computer and it only takes me a few seconds to input my time, which is exactly what a great software should do.

Cons

I always use the "Time Tracker" view when I input my time because some of the the other views seem a bit more confusing. I was particularly confused by the "Time Sheet" view at the beginning because I work on different types of tasks, and so I felt like I was unable to change the task when I used this view. However, using the "Time Tracker" view is much better because that way I can take better notes on what I was working on through various "tasks." I think the "Time Sheet" view could be simplified or even eliminated because having both "Time Sheet" and "Time Tracker" seem redundant, but perhaps it is helpful for people in other fields.

Response from CAKE.com

Hi Juliette, thank you for the review and all the nice words regarding the Clockify app.
Please note that, if you are the admin of the workspace, there is an option to deactivate the timesheet page, if you are not using it. This can be found under the workspace settings.
I hope this will help.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Best

Scott

• Customer Support Software

Good product giving deeper insight into project development

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

Overall, Clockify is a great tool that can help give teams more transparency into how time is being spent. It encourages good habits and organizational transparency, but it does require some amount of buy-in from users to make it effective.

Pros

Clockify excels at providing project teams with deeper insight into where time is being spent. It's reports are great for quickly providing the information that is desired, at any level of detail. It's numerous tagging features allow for commonalities to be observed between projects as well, to identify potential areas of waste. It also promotes a culture of transparency and accountability that encourages users to be proactive about how they spend their time.

Cons

It's strength in promoting active time tracking is also it's weakness. It requires users to "buy-in" to detailed time tracking. While the benefits are clear to project owners, managers, It can be a hard sell if trying to encourage adoption to a larger group that has an existing time tracking methodology. Many folks aren't used to tracking their precise activities and can view this as just another unnecessary tool. It works great for small teams.

Additionally, there are a few UI annoyances that make it difficult to update/correct time if you forgot to switch your running timer to a different item. It would be nice if there were different options for sorting your time in the Time Tracker page (ie. sort by time started regardless of project) so tasks appear linearly throughout the day so you don't have to click through the different projects trying to find the one that is incorrect. Additionally, it would be nice if you were allowed to set the current timer's start time to a future time. For example, I know I need to switch to a new task in 10 minutes, but will be busy at the actual start time to lock in the task change.

Noah
  • Industry: Media Production

Clockify | the Software you Didn't Know you Needed

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

My experience with Clockify has been overwhelmingly positive. Their support got back to me in less than 24 hours, I can use their software without annoying paywalls or limitations, and they've earned me as a loyal customer by having an easy-to-use software with more features than I needed, excellent customer service, and well-designed phone app.

I use Clockify daily, and they've taken stuff that I thought would be issues (project management, stopwatch, time to money) when I started freelancing and simplified it in such a sleek way. I don't stress because I know Clockify has my back.

Pros

Clockify is an easy to use software which provides time and project management services, billing, team setup, and so much more services. In terms of price, Clockify is extremely affordable. As a sole proprietor, I use the software entirely for free. I have access to every aspect of the software, including project management, time tracker, calendar, timesheets, and more.

It's nice to see a software with a free subscription that doesn't lock the core parts of the service behind a paywall, or have constant pop-up reminders to upgrade. Instead, this software allows me to work without interruptions, and then track the time/projects/money I've made in the past (days, weeks, months, etc.) And here's the even better thing: they're subscriptions are cheaper than their competitors, with the lowest tier being $6 a month and the highest $15.

You can upgrade to allow more people to underneath your Clockify, but as a singular entity I don't need to do this. Because of how easy to use the software is, and how organized it is compared to it's competitors, I will definitely be upgrading when I subcontract projects to others in order to keep track of their time on projects.

I use Clockify to keep track of time, which (after about 5 minutes of setting up) will autoconvert to my hourly rate PER client, meaning that I don't have to worry about doing any math for invoices. I've been using it daily for over a month now, with research and "practicing" before that.

Cons

I honestly have trouble contemplating anything I don't like about this software. The support got back to me and solved my issues in less than 24 hours, and the software is easy to use. Honestly (and this is rare for me), I have no complaints. Clockify does exactly what it needs to, and does it better than expected.

The only thing that I could see as a potential con for others is that, in order to get larger numbers of people underneath the same Clockify as an "organization", you'd need to pay a subscription fee. But frankly, the fee is so cheap that it's worth eating the cost.

‪Somaia

• Customer Support Software

Great time tracking application for individuals, groups and companies.

Reviewed on 30/03/2023

My use of Clockify is a good experience and I learned with the application to organize my time and my studies. Organizing tasks and time is one of the most important features that you may find in an application that supports you at all times and on your phone everywhere without effort and reminds you of what you have done during the past period and you can organize what you want to do during the day as You can share it with your team for better work on projects.

Pros

Clockify is a very easy application to organize and manage time effectively without complications.Registration in the application is easy and does not require many steps, the application interface is easy and uncomplicated and does not require a lot of time to understand it, the timer can be turned on and off easily and smoothly, the application links the tasks that are performed on the site and in the application easily without the need for additional steps, you can Adding two addresses for each timer and for each task, when a specific timer is not added, the start time and completion of the work can be determined easily, addresses and task dates can be added very accurately, and this makes working on the application an excellent experience, the application can be shared with others by creating a work team, which makes access to business, partners and employees an easy and fast experience. You can download the task schedule in Excel or PDF format, which facilitates the process of sending daily, weekly and monthly reports, which makes Clockify very powerful for companies, organizations and even team work.

Cons

The only problem that I faced while using the program is that it no longer supports some non-modern mobile devices. I used it on a daily basis on my phone very effectively, but now I have to use it on the computer because it no longer supports working on my phone system.But as an application, I did not encounter a problem in dealing with it.

Ankita
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Clockify

Reviewed on 15/05/2023

The overall experience with Clockify has been generally positive . I personally appreciate Clockify for its user-friendly interface, versatility across various platforms and devices, and flexible time tracking options. The software's project and team management capabilities, along with its reporting and analytics features, have been well-received for aiding productivity analysis and decision-making. Integration with popular project management and collaboration tools has further streamlined workflow management. However, I feel limitations with the free plan, a learning curve, occasional stability issues with the mobile app, and a desire for more customization options and expanded integrations. Despite these areas for improvement, Clockify has proven to be a valuable time tracking solution for me.

Pros

I like most about Clockify is its user-friendly interface, which provides a simple and intuitive experience for tracking time and managing projects. Clockify's versatility is also highly regarded, as it is compatible with various platforms and devices, including web applications, desktop apps, browser extensions, and mobile apps. This helps me to seamlessly track time and manage tasks across different devices. The software offers flexible time tracking options, allowing manually start and stop timers or enter time manually.

Cons

The limitations of the free plan offered by Clockify. While Clockify does have a free tier, it may have certain restrictions on the number of users, projects, or features available.

Netanya
Netanya
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

• Customer Support Software

Easy to adopt time tracking solution

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

My experience with Clockify is one for the books. As an individual and our organization at large, it has helped greatly in streamlining our time management which in turn has boosted efficiency all round. Through provision of useful infor that smoothen workflows that has helped us make informed decisions to tick all our goals individually and as the VetCare fraternity.

Pros

Clockify is an easy to use tool that provides effective time tracking, streamlined rotation management, timesheets with maximum accuracy and productivity insights. It also support third party products integrations which allows it to suit most if not all existing infrastructure. It is flexible in a way that provide both the free or subscription plan. Rotation delegation and management can get a little messy but with Clockify it gives that proper planning vibes. Customers or rather farmers infor and projects are in different drop-downs making it easy to follow up. I would therefore recommend for teams seeking to take account if their time and reduce on reconciliation at the end of every working period

Cons

With Clockify ,advanced features are only accessible in subscription version since the free edition comes with restrictions on some of it's features. With unstable internet connection you cannot utilize Clockify since it is a cloud based solution. This may inhibit time tracking since it's not always that one has a reliable internet connection.