SpamTitan

Anti-spam filter for business email. Vital email security.

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.5/5

Benjamin

• Customer Support Software

SpamTitan has saved me, saved my company time, and has some of the best support people around.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Just sorting the crap emails automatically that come in saves my company hours in man hours. It's also blocked malicious attachments which is awesome because the weakest part of any security is always the people. This helps with that tremendously

Pros

It's as close to "set it and forget it" as you can come in the IT field. Right out of the box support helped me set everything up in less than 20 minutes, no hardware to worry about, nothing like that. Literally all I have to do is check to see if something was blocked incorrectly once in a while, white list it, and done.

I've been using spam titan for almost a year and in that time we have blocked over 200k spam/malicious emails for a 30 person company before they even hit employee mailboxes. I shut off the service for 48 hours just to make sure it easy legit, it was, and I haven't shut it off again since.

Whitelisting and blacklisting domains and specific emails are super easy.

Support Staff are awesome and go into detail when resolving problems if they were to arise or even if you just have a question. They have always been friendly and curteous and super personable and have been some of the best people to work with in all my years doing IT.

Cons

The only thing I feel is missing is the ability for cloud users to create their own key word filter. Don't get me wrong, the spam filter itself is amazing, just a bit more precise control on my end to mark specific phrases or words as spam would be nice.

Being able to see the email body of messages that come in as SPF fails would be helpful at times as many company's we deal with have auto invoicing that fails SPF.

Other than that no issues!

Mark

Efficient Email Spam Filter

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

Blocks everything it needs to from mail, virus's, malware, etc, does its job.

Pros

They offer free 30 day trial to test it out. If you have nothing in place currently, you will see that a spam filter is needed. Also say 99.99% rate but found that a bit more spam still sneaks into mailbox but does great job at getting rid of most of it.

Cons

There are other hardware pieces and software out there that works better as a spam filter. Barracuda products give way more control and feel the block rate is better as well.

Barracuda Email Security Gateway

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Wanted to give it a try since offering the trial they do, didn't disappoint that's for sure.
Terence

SpamTitan Experience

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

I look forward that the appliance solution can be more stable and features improved. Overall, it is a very good solution and definitely value for money. But the solution inconsistent stability and lack of the above features creates disadvantage for the solution.

The support still needs to improve. The experience with the support is not good as the follow up from the support team is rather poor. Would be good to have a performance survey for the support after each incident. So far, there is no follow up and the incident left open.

Pros

Simple and fast to setup

Cons

Somehow the gateway appliance is still not very stable. Experienced:
- History listing suddenly disappears
- Sometimes the application refreshes and hangs
- when click on the details of the quarantined mailbox, the details appeared only after some time
Improvements:
- Our customers are asking if the subject, delivery status can be permanently displayed. Currently if logoff, it must be checked again to display
- No export function for the global whitelist
- RBL listing - when disabled, all the RBL list is removed and has to be added in again upon enable
- Global whitelist should allow multiple addition before saving. Currently only can add one by one

rick
  • Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

It's been an effective and seamless solution for us for over a year

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

Pros

No complaints from the end users means few false positives and nothing malicious has gotten through. Easy to install and the quarantine reports are clear.

Cons

The admin interface is a little aged looking but it doesn't affect functionality, and the end users don't see it. The real-time logging interface is not as good on the cloud edition as the virtual device I have used in the past.

Zerospam
Kerim

Email security

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Strong product with a nice future packages. Good Quality of Service and Support. It was a good decision to replace our Barracuda Email Security Gateway with SpamTitan.

Pros

Our business requirements on features and graphical interface performance including the price made for us the decision.

Cons

Some basic Features necessary for Enterprise environment is not given out of the box.

Cisco Secure Email

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

It was because of features and security requirements and at the end also a price decision.

Price and future package
Patrice
  • Industry: Farming

Easy and effective

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Support and sales have been really helpfull, it's nice to do business with them

Pros

Easy to deploy, easy to use, lots of customizations options if you need them, support is fast and effective, pricing is clear no hidden fees

Cons

Pricing, there's a lot of cheaper option out there, but at some point you get what you pay for

Zerospam, SpamHero, and Barracuda Email Security Gateway

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

flexibility and configurations options, pricing

Zerospam

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Spamtitan had the best overall package
Sergio
  • Industry: Computer Networking

IETS Review

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

so far so good, the support people are great at helping out, very knowledgeable

Pros

Practical and easy to use, it offers options for the liberal and conservative companies I deal with on a daily basis. This is what I really like about this software.

Cons

I would like to see the reporting features work a little more intuitively, it is not really wysiwyg. that i would like to see,

Lyubomir

No headache spam protection

Reviewed on 08/07/2019

Pros

I love how easy to use SpamTitan is (coming from a Barracuda Appliance) and it just works at a very reasonable price per mailbox.

Cons

UI could be slicker, but honestly if it works great it doesn't have to look great.

Response from TitanHQ

Lyubomir thank you so much for your kind review - the SpamTitan product team will be delighted. They've been working very hard on the product over the last few years.

thanks and continued success,
Dryden

Dryden Geary,
TitanHQ

Karl
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Satisfied Client

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

This has been a better tool for us compared to our previous provider

Pros

I like the accuracy of blocking/allowing emails. Much less spam gets through from previous software

Cons

I wish the cloud version we had allowed individual users to manage their accounts line

Tristan

• Customer Support Software

Setup was very straight forward

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Once we got through the growing pains we don't have to field many helpdesk tickets from users getting use to this software coming from our previous spam filter. The other big benefit is that our previous spam filter service provider was about to double our yearly rate so your software ended up having a better spam detection rate and was also less expensive.

Pros

Easy to setup and maintain. The detection rate is fabulous. When we initially setup the software we were getting tons of false-positives but this subsided after several weeks of use after which time I assume the system started to pickup on the types of emails that we consider legit.

Cons

It would be better to have a more well rounded user portal. For those users with many false-positives in an email notice it would be good to have a way to release the emails without opening a web browser tab for each and every email to be released or at least bring the user to the portal login page so they can easily manage many releases if this is not possible through the email client. Not a big deal but it is a little annoying personally for me.

I believe in the beginning I was told that there was no user portal to then later find out that there was one. Not sure where the disconnect was but this feature ended up being quite crucial for the owner of the company I work for as he was used to working in the portal of our previous product (Barracuda).

The other problem that was noticed earlier on is that the daily summary emails would have these crazy ambiguous email addresses in them in the "From" field which I was told couldn't be modified. The owner of the company was very confused by this as the Barracuda would show us both the technical from address as well as what would normally appear in the mail client and would have more meaning to the end user and give them a better idea if the email was spam or not. I suggested at the time to the tech\sales person I was speaking with that this should be changed to at least show both "from" email address' so the end user is armed with more information to make an informed decision about the email being spam or not.

JJ

SpamTitan Cloud Service

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Very good, we came here after trying two other services for a couple years each. SpamTitan is very useful to us and we re-evaluate providers every so often and continue to stick with them.

Pros

It's hosted offsite, but gives me the ability to modify and tweak anything I want. Customer Service is easy to reach and always helpful. Does a good job with filtering, we rarely have to white list and don't get much spam at all. The best part is that I can forget about it.

Cons

Not a huge con, but I wish there was more notifications around maintenance, slow-downs, outages etc. We've been with this service for years and wouldn't still have it if it caused disruptions, but there were a few hiccups I needed to call it to find out about. That may well be something that is available too, I just am not aware, nor is it a big enough issue for me to waste time looking into.

Syazila
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

• Customer Support Software

My choice for anti-spam software

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

Pros

SpamTitan is actually really worked, and has really decreasing the amount of spam email that i have receive before. It only need to be setup onetime, and most of the time, i don't even have to monitor the report as they rarely blocking a legitimate email that are sent to my email.

Cons

There are some feature that are not available at the moment on the software, like to preview the content of the spam email, without having to whitelisting the email. It will be a good feature, so user can totally know what is the content of the email that has been blocked from the main inbox.

Hernaldo

• Customer Support Software

Great software for a low cost

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Pros

In our company we have been using Spamtitan for more than 6 years to deliver mail service to our clients. The default configuration can be somewhat permissive, but is extremely flexible so it can be easily optimized.
On the other hand, it allows you to send a summary of spam to end users, who can review filtered emails daily without directly exposing them to malware or viruses

Cons

The cloud version of the service works well but has several configuration limitations that must be maintained by default, so I highly recommend the on-premise version

McAfee Network Security Platform
fernando

spamtitan

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

overall positive, support has been great, missing some features to make it a truly polished enterprise/msp/carrier top shelf product.

Pros

1) virtual appliances
2) clusterable
3) support ldap/s
4) user specific CP

Cons

a) does not provide reporting of how many mailboxes each domain is using in a given month - being a multitenant system and we with many clients, we lost this ability to have emailed/automated reports of how many mailboxes are active in a given month under each domain. seems easy to code and would provide value
b) really don't like how it handles aliases, treating them as unique 'accounts'
c) still has the spamassassin feel, the best of breed from back in the day was postini
d) really don't like that your appliance doesn't email us when it can't reach a downstream smtp target. sure we do snmp/wmi/pingdom monitoring for our key clients, but it's niceto have the edge system send an email/snmp trap when it cannot connect to a domain's downstream smtp server. agian, shouldn't be hard to code....

Jacco Waalewijn

Excellent product and support

Reviewed on 08/05/2021

Pros

We is SpamTitan (virtual appliance) because it have proven itself to be a very complete, robust and stable Email security platform. It performs very well, the monitoring and logging features are very good giving us the ability to track alle email traffic in case of any customer questions according to email messages. In case of any questions we aren’t able to answer with our support team, the Titan HQ support team is very Active. Most cases are picked up within 30 minutes and solved within the hour. So overall we rate this product but also this company as: EXCELLENT.

Cons

Because of the many options and features SpamTitan offers, it sometimes is quite a search between the main features and their options within.

Anti-Spam Winner

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

9.5/10.

Pros

My inbox can get pretty busy after a long day of meetings. If I don’t manage to clean them, it can clog up my emails. Once I go through these emails, I notice that majority of it is spam and junk which I don’t personally need. Blocking and moving to my spam folder is time consuming and I could do better things with that time. SpamTitan captured me from the moment I tried it and has never failed me so far. I can now manage my inbox and know that I don’t have to deal with malicious threats.

Cons

Sometimes SpamTitan can send important emails directly to the spam folder. I usually check my spam folder once a week just to make sure I didn’t miss anything. It’s very rare though.Sometimes SpamTitan can send important emails directly to the spam folder. I usually check my spam folder once a week just to make sure I didn’t miss anything. It’s very rare though.

Jeff

• Customer Support Software

A product that does a great job

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Our previous product was not stable and didn't filter out spam as well as we wanted. This tool exceeds out expectations!

Pros

I really like the customization that is available for this product. We have total control over the spam filter environment for all our customers. The environment is stable which is very important to us and our customers. The support staff was great when we were getting our environment configured. They were quick to reply to emails and reach out to assist us as needed. The spam filtering is top-notch and much better than other products we have used.

Cons

It can take some time to learn the environment and get it configured to your needs. That is expected when you have an environment like this that allows you to have total control.

stability, options, and performance

Response from TitanHQ

Jeff thanks for the great feedback and I'll pass your support score on to the support team, very important to them. Delighted to hear that our spam filtering is doing the job for you guys.
Thanks for taking the time to give us such positive feedback
Dryden Geary,
TitanHQ

Travis
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Great product, complete lack of support or communication from the company

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

We were getting 90% spam to our mailboxes before, now its closer to 10%.

Pros

The software is easy to setup, pretty easy to use and navigate. It stopped most of our spam issue (using the SpamTitan Gateway), got rid of quite a bit of sent in viruses (rest caught from Exchange or local clients).

Cons

Reboots and updates sometimes caused the file system to get "corrupted", requiring some cmd line level programs to get it healthy again. Also had issue with how licenses were counted as we only have 35-40 employees but they have multiple email addresses (first.last, fnlast, etc) and it shows up as 150+ people, really wish it was mailbox linked and not address linked. Our biggest issue is not with the software, but with the company. They have stopped answering emails, stopped answering the phones. We have been trying for a month and a half to get support and its radio silence. We still have 18+ months left on our 3 year contract and are already looking for a new product with actual support.

David

• Customer Support Software

Hands down best choice for on premise filtering

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

Pros

We were looking no for an on premise solution. This was by far the best we found.

Cons

Sales can take a while to get back to us for renewals

Hafizah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

SpamTitan to shield my email from spam intrusion

Reviewed on 05/06/2021

Pros

This product has a lot of customizing options, which I like. For all of our customers, we have absolute control over the spam filtering system. The environment is steady, which is critical to our clients and us. When we were setting up our environment, the support personnel was accommodating. They responded quickly to emails and reached out to help us when we needed it. The spam detection system is excellent, far superior to other products we've used.

Cons

Learning the environment and configuring it to my needs can take some time. That's is to be expected in a situation like this, especially when we are dealing with very advanced tools or features that SpamTitan has provided.

Dalton

SpamTitan for a non-profit

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

We are a very small nonprofit ministry that has more than one website and multiple email addresses. We were receiving between 75-100 pieces of spam a day when we finally found SpamTitan. You were recommended in a list of possible companies who provide spam protection. We found the sales and technical staff to ALL be congenial and desirous to SOLVE problems quickly. The software was easy to learn, and once it begins catching things, it seems to learn what to look for even better than at the beginning.
Also, we asked if there were any ability to get a discount because of the type organization we have and the work we do, and the sales team were very willing to work with us to get the best possible rate.
THANKS GUYS - we appreciate ALL you do for 30 60 100 MINISTRIES, INC.

Pros

Ease of use, the high percentage of spam caught the first time!

Cons

It has worked so well over the past year that I have forgotten the amount of time it took to initially set up our account. In reality, initial setup was so easy to do that I cannot say that I have an Cons to refer to.

KRis
  • Industry: Computer Networking

• Customer Support Software

One of the best anti-spam appliances available

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Pros

A very good anti-spam filter with a lot of options. Suitable for any mailserver (I use it with a linux-based mailserver, but you can use it with Exchange as well). From time to time upgrades are available. These updates are running smoothly, I never had problems with it. We use spamtitan for 5 years now, we had only one actual problem during this period. That problem was solved quickly by the spamtitan helpdesk.

Cons

As from version 7, they've replace Kaspersky anti-virus gateway by Bitdefender. In my opinion, Kaspersky had a higher virus detection and worked better. There is also an extra free anti-virus gateway "Clamav", but that one I had to disable because of some troubles.

Josh

SpamTitan

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

I'm happy with it. Support is great when I have any problems.

Pros

I like how it keeps a history so if someone isn't sure if an e-mail is safe, we can check it on the back end for them. It does a good job filtering out the spam.

Cons

I wish we could have the daily digest sent out more then once and we could pick what additional times. Even thought it has a link at the bottom of the daily digest to check your quarantine anytime, a lot of people ignore it. We also here that their previous spam vendor would 2 times a day so. I think that would be a big help since people don't think to check it on their own halfway through the day.

JOSHUA
  • Industry: Machinery

JNM Rise - SpanTitan

Reviewed on 24/10/2020

Great!

Pros

Owning a small business, much of my time is spent sourcing new jobs by subscribing to online platforms or participating in online group chats. Additionally, I am often upgrading my own or my teams skillsets by undergoing online training. All of the above require that you offer and email and subscribe to services. SpamTitan has been great to filter out those email sources I've identified as spam, and for other emails that would be considered junk - SpamTitan does an absolutely terrific job in filtering out these emails.

Cons

The software was a bit tricky to install and understand how to set parameters for email screening. Once this was sorted out, it became an incredible ease to use and now it is a tool we employ on the regular to keep our email accounts clean of junk.

Eric
  • Industry: Government Administration

• Customer Support Software

Good and easy anti spam service (online)

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

To me, Spam Titan has simplified my time managing spam for others. I like simple and easy to manage, and Spam Titan is exactly that.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the simple steps to get up and running. The effectiveness of the filtering is really good. I do not have many if any emails categorized as spam that aren't spam. It takes a week or two for the system to get tuned. All the users are happy with it and that simplifies my life too. The report system is nice and the option to be able to generate or change settings directly from the previous report email is perfect.

Cons

I would have like a way to easily select email in my exchange box and set them as spam.