4.6
4.7
Ashton A.

Mailchimp who?

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Pros

I had been using mailchimp but found it very expensive for what I was getting. So I tried out EmailOctopus... and promptly cancelled my mailchimp account. It is user friendly and has great features. I can do everything I need to do without extending my budget. The pricing for what you get is AMAZING!

Cons

Have yet to find anything. I am still new but so far, so good.

Kristian V.

Excellent

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

Amazing. Great support, fantastic features & unbelievable ease of use.

Pros

A simple, powerful tool to automate & scale your email communication.

Cons

There are no cons. The company is growing, and progressively improving their services.

Ryan A.
Industry: Political Organization

EmailOctopus is my go-to solution for mass emailing.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Fast. Reliable. Responsive. Very satisfied.

Pros

The software and the team behind it are fast, reliable, and responsive. I work in politics and things need to happen quickly to be impactful, which is why EmailOctopus is my go-to solution when I need to get a message out and get a report back on how well it was received.

Cons

I would add more data fields to list importing so I could segment better to one list.

Industry: Real Estate

The BEST Email Platform for "Large Audience" Campaigns for Starter Businesses

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

I have had a wonderful experience, as for this pricing, there is no service I've found that can "go fast" from the get go and start sending large quantities of mail to your lists.

Pros

The number 1 key of this software is their unique ability to plug into your Amazon Email Platform account. This allows you to send out MANY MANY more emails on a daily basis than any other platform I have come across. Not to mention the ease of ability to upload the lists from wherever you have built them before.

Cons

The biggest difficulty is that there are not comprehensive statistics set up in the back office to individually see what emails are opening and reading your emails. Or the ones that are clicking. That is a step down from where I was before.

Scott M.
Industry: Publishing
Company size: Self Employed

Exceelent option for editorial newsletters

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

I use EmailOctopus to send monthly editorial email newsletters, and it excels at this. I'm able to have total control over the aesthetic of the emails I send, and the dashboard isn't cluttered with marketing features that I'll never use. All the other services I tested and compared either imposed their own aesthetic on the user, or offered full customization but were bloated with marketing features – or both. EmailOctopus is ideal for my use case.

Pros

EmailOctopus dispenses with all the tools for marketers that other services offer and focuses on a simple but crucial set of features: straightforward list management, fine-grained control over templating, clear workflow, sensible analytics that don't veer into creepy surveillance territory.

Cons

All that said, there are a couple features that would be nice to have: embedded subscription forms that don't need jQuery, and a CSS inlining tool for building custom templates (many others are available; it would just be nice to have it all in one place).

Industry: Computer Software

Awsome service

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

It's been great. I use it to manage email subscriptions in apps that I develop and to send automated emails.

Pros

It's lightweight, cost-effective, and easy to work with.

Cons

I'd like a more robust developer API, so that I can take more control over how I'm utilizing the service in my apps.

Kehinde A.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Email Octopus For Easy Emailing

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

I use it for email marketing; list building, automation and broadcasting messages to my existing list.

Pros

Simplicity of the User Interface, AWS Integration and Delivery quality.

Cons

The price farely high given to the fact that I still have to pay AWS.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Teresa H.
Industry: Publishing

A Nice, Affordable Option

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Overall, this has been a positive experience, and I would recommend EmailOctopus.

Pros

The price is excellent, and I love that they're unrolling features constantly. Two of my favorite features are automation (a must-have), and drag-and-drop design.

Cons

It's not always intuitive to use, so I sometimes have to ask for support. However, they always get back to me quickly. Also, I'm desperate for list segmentation and have been asking for that feature for a while now.

Response from EmailOctopus

Hi Teresa,

We have some good news on segmentation - we've just launched this as a feature so you can now segment your mailing list based on custom fields and the data that's most important to your business.

Let us know how it works for you.

Thanks,

Tom

Great MailChimp alternative

Reviewed on 04/05/2019

It works :) and it's cheap. Emails go out, people open them and click. That's it.

Pros

It's not bloated - features they have are those that 98% of us need.

Cons

Being used to numerous bells & whistles from other providers I sometimes miss advanced tagging and similar stuff. But, realistically - it's not needed and this is NOT a problem in Octopus.

Simran K.
Company size: Self Employed

If an overwhelmed law student can use this software with ease, so can you!

Reviewed on 04/10/2020

My overall experience has been really great and I cannot recommend this software enough. It is simply one of the absolute best on the market for this type of software.

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to use and customize. All of the features are incredibly intuitive and the end result is absolutely incredible.

Cons

The one difficulty I had was importing my email list to the software, but I'm sure there was probably a mistake on my end as I am not the best at technology nor would I say I am well-versed at using it.

Luca R.
Industry: Media Production

Cheap but complete email marketing software

Reviewed on 20/03/2020

I have been using this software for almost a year and I recommend it to people who need to get started with email marketing. Easy and cheap.

Pros

EmailOctopus is a cheap alternative to more famous email marketing Saas. While it isn't as powerful as Mailchimp, it is a lot easier to master and has everything most businesses will ever need.

Cons

The embeddable form are quite ugly, they look at least ten years old. While they work great, looks matter in web design.

Adam D.
Industry: Online Media

Ease of use with quick application

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Uses this service for a weekly or bi-weekly email/newsletter

Pros

The ability to use our own template so we can jump in and get done what we need to quickly.

Cons

having to go back multiple screens to fix something then go forward through them all again to complete.

Andrew C.
Industry: Events Services

Simple and Brilliant

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Slashed my email marketing bill from $1300 a month with that monkey thing and now under $300 with faster delivery using Amazon SES. Excellent.

Pros

Love how simple it is to use, clear interface, quick and just gets the job done.

Cons

Poor search facility for finding subscribers to manually unsubscribe (you have to check every list individually) and adding a tool to unsubscribe from just one list rather than everything would be great.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Good for an engineer

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Pros

While other solutions try to be smart and do things for you, EmailOctopus keeps it simple. It does provide wizards for the non-technical users, but I'm most happy with the ability to write the HTML myself without the tool trying to get in my way.

Cons

The tool is perfect for my needs, I have nothing to complain about.

Olga J.
Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

Email Octopus as an alternative newsletter service is great

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Excellent service and feels wonderful to support a smaller alternative service doing as great a job as long established players.

Pros

User friendly software ( I have no programming / coding experience)
Compatability with other digital products
Customer support par excellence

Cons

It is intuitive but can be even more so, great customer support compensates for what I 'don't get' intuitively

Friedrich C.
Industry: Chemicals
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

User experience on EmailOctopus

Reviewed on 05/05/2019

Pros

I think EmailOctopus is perfect for either the beginner or even the advanced user, since the key indicators included on the platform have already been good enough to help the users to understand the feedback and enact following action. Overall speaking, I will say it's with superb high "COST and PROFIT" value. Besides, customer service is kind to answer your questions with details. Much appreciated it. Also look forward to seeing more and more intuitive functions on the platform.

Cons

It will be great if there are more template to choose while making the campaign. The existing templates have already been good enough, though.

Matt K.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Saved Money and Time by Switching to EmailOctopus

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Pros

Ease of use and price. We create our own email code in-house, so we have no need for templates and other frills, excessive customer support, etc. The absence of up-selling on their behalf has been a plus.

Cons

We are concerned about the centralization of services through Amazon Web Services which EmailOctopus utilizes for their back-end email delivery service.

Laura M.
Industry: Political Organization

Good for sending volume, but...

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Good experience for sending bulk mail to less than ideal lists. A bit more work than most email providers but it is a fraction of the cost so no real complaint there. It would be nice, however, to be able to pull lists of everyone who had opened/clicked an email without going to each campaign individually.

Pros

It is cheap, easy to use, has surprisingly good looking templates, and not so picky on lists.

Cons

No list segmentation or ability to target subscribers on activity.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Nicky B.

A very Handy Platform

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Pros

Simple to send mass emails from different list
Simple interface
Easy to use email builder

Cons

Hard to screen out and remove non active subscribers

Lynsey M.

review

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 28/09/2018

Easy to send my monthly newsletter. Was helpful when GDPR came in. Good customer service and value.

Pros

Easy to use and I'm not very good with computers.

Cons

No issues so far with the software and I been using over a year.

Mike S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

Great tool for email marketing

Reviewed on 29/09/2018

Overall it's a great tool once it's set up. Fair prices, great usability and easy to implement on your own website and within marketing campaigns.

Pros

Great usability and easy to set-up website widgets.

Cons

Not that easy to set-up without a technical person (with Amazon servers etc.)

Industry: Computer & Network Security

An easy and powerful mailer suite

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

Very happy with easy interface

Pros

AWS ses is great and cost effective for this mailer

Cons

Collaboration module is missing which could have been better

Mufaddal M.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Platform to send emails using Amazon servers

Reviewed on 19/01/2019

Pros

Creating campaigns is a breeze and we had not issues on their website

Cons

Email wise dependent on amazon ses. The templates are very poor and extremely limited in counted

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 11/07/2019

Pros

One of the best parts of this software is email delivery with Amazon. One one the best email platform for email marketing. will definitely recommend emailoctopus to other companies.

Cons

Amazon takes time to increase the email sending limit. but once you know their criteria, it will be easy to verify.

Ben H.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

This is fire

Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Great platform

Pros

I love the ease of the dashboard. Very easy to use!!

Cons

Honestly nothing. Signing up took awhile before verification but now it’s easy