4.5
Yohnathan C.
Industry: Telecommunications

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Pros

It is easy and straight forward to use. It will allow you to quickly create a board or roadmap without too many clicks.

Cons

When is time to jump into details or dependencies, splitting task and follow all the details in the same board/roadmap it gets complicated.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Rémi B.
Industry: Banking

Good product to involve multiple stakeholders

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

I am very happy for having selected that product, which changed completely the prioritization approach in my company.
I work with 20 countries (international product) and I was looking for a nice & intuitive tool that would help me collect the business value input from all of them.
I can very easily build the "Roadmap" using the priority score calculated in the system, which makes it transparent to everyone.

Pros

- Priority poker are easy to use and very powerful to make people involved in the priorization process
- Item mngt is intuitive (with a very nice filtering capability, thanks for that!)
- talking with the support team is easy and productive
- new features are released frequently improving the overall experience

Cons

- Paying a full "contributor" fee for inviting my local product users to organize one priority poker every 3 months is expensive...

Rishi C.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Fantastic, simple and clear tool to see the wood from the tree's in our complex roadmaps

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

Pros

On boarding of an existing list of items is very easy, the custom tags allow you to group features/items so that when deciding on next set of improvements and functions, you can achieve economies of scale. The swim lane style structure really helps us visualise where we are, what we have prioritised, and what we have completed allowing easy to create presentations for stakeholders when communicating roadmaps and progress.

Cons

I'm not sure the feature voting function is something we will use, and it would be great to have a MoSCoW feature. The user roles and permissions also need evolving, change history would be extremely handy and a function to allow you to create unique ticket ID's would be fantastic, but these are improvements more then dislikes.

Simon A.
Industry: Utilities

New User

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Very satisfied and I will be taking on an editor subscription in order to keep using this product.

Pros

The software attachs well with Trello and gives the needed outputs that Trello does not provide alone, turning one data input into many useful visuals for use in managing tasks and projects while briefing at many levels.

Cons

Takes a while to get to grips with set ups for functionality, not as intuitive as I would like but then as I learn to adapt in my inputs this will be less of an issue.

Florian M.

Good and easy Tool for Product Prioritization

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Pros

* the good UI, easy to understand and use
* the possibility to configure the and weight the different parameters that are relevant for prioritization

Cons

* features like the chart tool are not configurable
* minor UI bugs, especially on smaller screensizes (not scrolling possible, relevant information not in viewport)

Louis S.
Industry: Internet

airfocus has really helped us prioritise and make the right product decisions in the last few months

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Pros

One of my favorite things about airfocus was the setup process the wizard really guided me through it and I was able to easily setup the software the way I wanted to.
The bubble charts are a big help when it comes to discussing prioritization in-between teams when everyone has a different focus.

Cons

When I share a roadmap with a link, I would like to be able to set filters for the receiving persons view of the roadmap.

Martin L.

Trial period

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 12/09/2019

I had been using a similar, proprietary tool in my previous work in a consulting and system integration company. Therefore using the tool was very straightforward and easy.
I like the different view, which give you different angles of what one is planning.

Unfortunately I could only spend little time using the tool, so I could not evaluate if the tool would be strong enough for my day to day job.

Pros

- chart view
- customer support
- integration with Trello

Cons

- price
- tasks created in airfocus need to be added manually to Trello
- features with similar scores overlap in chart view and become impossible to read

Ben F.
Industry: Online Media

Has some good features

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Overall it has some great features, but is a bit limiting with permissions and pricing.

Pros

The Gantt Chart is good, and a functionality that trello doesn't have. The 'Prioritisation Poker' feature was also good for feature prioritisation, and I liked the visual matrix of feature priorities by value and cost.

Cons

The Kanban board doesn't really do anything that trello doesn't do. I also didn't like how limited the features were unless you bought more licences, which is harder for a startup like us.

The situation it left us with was using a trello kanban functionality as unless we paid more, people other than myself were view only. This was clunky because you had to manually push each change.

Wera S.

Intuitive and surprisingly strong strategy platform

Reviewed on 22/04/2018

Pros

Airfocus is an incredibly useful tool when it comes to scoring and planning of high level projects. It is very intuitive and easy to use. The set-up of my first scoring-document took me about 10 minutes.

Cons

So far, I haven't experienced any issues using airfocus. I hope they implement the CSV-Import feature soon.

Eric B.
Industry: Computer Software

Airfocus has helped us improve our focus!

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

We've been very happy with AirFocus and especially their support. The team has always been willing to answer any questions and point us in the right direction for any conundrums we encountered.

Pros

Airfocus is a clean, clear and concise way for us to prioritize our feature requests and backlog. It has helped to create more visibility within the organization on what the team is working on and have more direct say in what they want to have implemented.

Cons

We had a few issues initially with fitting our process into the software and had hoped for one or two more customizations around ranking, but overall that didn't negatively affect our experience.

Maryna N.
Industry: Computer Software

Must-have tool for product teams

Reviewed on 23/08/2019

Helps to visualize our goals

Pros

I like that our product teams has all data in one tool. Import from Jira is done with a few clicks.

Cons

Setting up the Jira itegration for the first time is a bit tricky. You need Jira admin status for that.

Chris S.

Great Roadmap Tool

Reviewed on 02/07/2020

Pleasant

Pros

Very easy to use and move tasks around seamlessly.

Cons

Not that I have encountered yet but I will Airfocus know.

James D.
Industry: Sports

Great app

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Pros

- It's very easy to start using with the templates.
- Does it's one thing (prioritisation) well without having to have a full blown project management solution
- Integrations are a good start
- Customer support is fantastic

Cons

- Can be clunky to use at times (that is getting better)
- Would like to be able to automate status/colour/groupings based on actions
- Two way links to Jira would be great

Christian R.

Simple and powerful scoring tool

Reviewed on 14/04/2018

Pros

The simplicity of the UI/UX and the adaptability of the product is what really makes airfocus great. It can be used to prioritize anything really. We use it mostly for the prioritization of Epics for our development team.

Cons

The only suggestion I would have is to add a function - similar to planning poker in Jira - where all team members can score different ideas and the tool would use the average value.

Marine L.
Industry: Internet

Great tool when you don't have the luxury of a team dedicates to product development

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Pros

Airfocus helped us prioritizing our feature requests by building scoring board. What allowed us introducing efficiently new features during product meetings. Also, it helped us understanding what features would be quick wins to implement. It gave us a structure, interesting tool if you don't have a Product Manager in your company.

Cons

Nothing really, the onboarding tour makes it easy to use it.

Perfect for remote times

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 24/06/2020

Pros

It was easy to set up and configure, and it helped make the rest of the team feel engaged in the prioritization work particularly when everyone is working remotely.

Cons

There were some limitations and issues with the Jira integration that cause duplicated cards to be created when doing a new import of cards into an existing board. I probably missed some steps in the mapping that caused this issue.

Mario P.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The very best tool to score you best ideas and projects

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 22/02/2019

We are evaluating the business opportunities. We are scoring them according to different criteria to see which ones we should tackle first.

Pros

Flexibility on how you can define your evaluation criteria, you can share the evaluation matrix with others so they can all evaluate on the same criteria.

Cons

Really the only thing we desliked was the price range. For us to use it as a team it is to high. It really depends on what use you wanna give it. If you need it weekly, then the price tag can make sense.

Paula O.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Agile Product Management Review

Reviewed on 08/09/2019

Ability to determine value of features based on ROI

Pros

Prioritization capabilities were superior!

Cons

Reporting capabilities were lack luste and need some improvements.

Perry V.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Overall good product

Overall a good product

Pros

Functionality is good and is easy to use.

Cons

Under the trial there are several limitations that make its use difficult

Cameron C.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Airfocus Review

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Airfocus is helping our team organize our project activities into Sprints in the Kanban board as well as giving us a high-level overview in the Gantt Roadmap. The Priority Chart is a cool feature which is allowing us to evaluate projects based on voting/ranking. Overall our experience with Airfocus was been very positive.

Pros

The first thing my team and I liked most about this software is that it covers all the bases for project management: Gantt roadmap, Kanban board and the Priority Chart. The second thing we liked most was how easy it was to use and how it effortlessly integrated into Trello. The customization was the icing on the cake; it allows you to create custom weights for your items and then graphs those items in the Priority Chart which gives a nice high-level overview of your activities in terms of priority. My team was very impressed with this functionality. Finally, the customer service has been outstanding. Representative, their head of marketing & sales has promptly responded to every question and even took a call on short notice to help us address a couple of hiccups which their dev team quickly resolved.

Cons

At the moment Airfocus does not have a dependency feature, which would be great for the Gantt roadmap. Having a visual dependency link between items would make Airfocus and one-stop-shop for all things project management. However, representative has told me that this functionality should be available very soon. One other potential con is, depending on the size of your business, the cost of the editor license. It´s not cheap but for the scale and duration of my team´s projects, it certainly has been worth it so far.

Rob H.

Roadmaps Reimagined

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

I loved how quickly they responded to my set-up (team-related questions) issues. They have well-deserved confidence in their product and they were happy to let me share the product (for a limited amount of time) with other co-workers to get company buy-in for the purchase.

Pros

A the kids say, It is intuitive asf. It required almost little to no time to familiarize myself with the feature set and how to make use of them which is rare in a new piece of software.

Cons

Well I understand the reasons why, it is not all that easy to share/collaborate with teams outside of your product group.

Mike K.
Industry: Computer Software

A great help for prioritizing your development roadmap

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Our overall experience has been a fairly good one. Our team was pretty excited to see the voting feature and the chart view. We thought it was helpful. Like I mentioned above, I believe it took me a little too much digging to figure out what to do after signing up.

Pros

The items and chart sections are my most frequently visited sections. I use the items view to see the prioritized list of projects and their scores and the chart view has been helpful to visualize and highlight the quick win projects.

Your integration with Asana (and other project management platforms) is brilliant. It helped us get our data in quickly which helps our adoption rate of your product, and it helps us be efficient because we don't have to update information in multiple spots

Cons

I think educating your customers could be improved. You may have a lot of helpful content, but it wasn't at the forefront of my onboarding experience. For our business we use ActiveCampaign for our email automations and we setup an "onboarding sequence" that gives our users a nugget of help each day for the first 7 days (during their trial) to educate them on how to setup their websites with us. Those emails have a video tutorial for each feature which seems to really help. We've learned that the more information the user inputs into our system, the more likely they are to continue using it, which reduces our churn greatly. It seems you have a great product but I would really like to understand it more so I get the value out of it.

Jennifer W.

airfocus review

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

I think rep was very helpful, which made the whole trial experience much nicer for us.

Pros

It's easy to use, which makes it great for when you need to onboard new team members - the other tools were too complicated to use for what we needed at the moment
The Board view is exactly what we needed for our roadmap
The timeline feature is also very useful for our Hardware teams
Aesthetics was also a very big reason why we decided to use this tool
I also like that we can customize the value indicators

Cons

The one major thing I noticed, is that it's hard to close / archive a full month (column) in the Board view. You are only allowed to delete it, and then you have to archive all the cards.

I think there are some key features missing:
* I wish we could see links for all the previous share views set up, not just the API key, this doesn't help
* I wish we could edit the settings we had for all previous share views
* I wish we could link workspaces so that I could make smaller workspaces but still see an overview of all workspaces
* I wish there was a way to save the custom colors and assign color to JIRA integrations so that I don't have to re-color everything everytime I have new items coming in

Response from airfocus

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for your helpful feedback. I created feature requests from your feedback and hope to get most of it done soonish. All points make complete sense. Please find them on our public roadmap: http://bit.ly/airfocus-roadmap.

Please also get in touch via chat, whenever you have questions or feedback.

Irma H.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Great tool for product managers

Reviewed on 08/09/2019

In general I am satisfied with it. Looking forward to seeing more improvements from the team.

Pros

I like that it gives option to create customized boards, ability to create customized tags for each board and also to create different ratings on each card per user value, financial benefit and also time for delivery. This helps me a lot when it comes to creating a priorities for next features to be delivered. I very much so like and use the preview of items that represent small wins and those that are to be dropped for now.

Cons

I did not like that I experienced kind of distability. Occasionally it is not working or it stops work and I am changing browsers to make it work.

Joel T.

Not expensive and sleek

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 06/10/2019

Pros

- Has jira integration!
- Has the bubble charts for drivers (rating system)
- not expensive

Cons

- doesn't have open voting for team/customers.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10