RotaCloud

Rota & staff management with a drag & drop interface

4.9 /5 (159 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.8
Lynn R.

GREAT JOB IN MAKING LIFE EASY

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

GREAT

Pros

I love the ability to copy and paste weekly rota's I love the fact that I can see where my staff are when they clock in using the GPS, most of my staff work remotely in other people's home caring for them this safeguards them that staff are there providing the correct levels of care which the client are paying for, all in all its such a great system

Cons

There is no negatives this has made my life so much more easy, it allows me to manage staff , sending them tasks on their allocated shift, it allows much better communication, it safeguards my clients.... Its just BRILLIANT !!!

Kathy F.
Industry: Medical Practice

no more spreadsheets & post it notes!!

Reviewed on 01/03/2019

This is the first review I have taken the time to write as we are so impressed with RC. Using RC has transformed the way we work, we can now plan 6 weeks in advance and being cloud based means the system can be accessed from anywhere, staff love the app. Customer service is excellent .
Well done the RC team!

Pros

Managing a large GP practice and a standalone endoscopy unit we were struggling to inform staff of their shift patterns and find cover for annual leave and sickness. We needed to streamline the process and have easily accessible live up to date information available to staff and management in one place. Having searched online for a solution we decided to give RotaCloud a try. Prior to going live representative from RotaCloud kindly spent nearly 3 hours giving us an overview and answering all of our questions .

Cons

Being the NHS the only issue we sometimes experience is slow broadband speed, which can effect the system, however we do find it improves using Google Chrome.
The leave request system is a little clunky but the good thing about RC is that they listen to any issues and recommendations you may have and are continually adding new features.

Alexandra F.
Industry: Hospitality

Makes Rota Planning a Walk in the Park!

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

Saved hours of my week planning and making rota changes. Everyone always knows where they need to be and what they are doing. An operational gem.

Pros

Ease of use, for both myself and my staff. Love to be able to run reports to submit to my accountant.

Cons

No support at the weekend! I once was disconnected by accounts for a delay in paying a bill, and the whole company came to a halt, because although my payment was made, the system was not reset live until the following Monday and this created a proper operational disaster for us.

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for your great review! We are really happy that you would recommend us to others.

In regards to weekend support, at present we are a small team at RotaCloud HQ, however we are growing quickly and weekend support is something that we wish to do in the future.

I would like to apologise for your account been suspended over the weekend. We understand your frustration, we are looking to tweak this, so that any billing queries are addressed during week day business hours.

I am glad that RotaCloud has saved you time and I hope that you are a RotaCloud customer for a long time to come!

Thanks

Martin

Clare M.
Industry: Retail

Very handy app. Love having all the information I need all in one place and super easy to use

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 23/02/2018

Having all the information all in one place makes everything so easy. It has completely cut the time it take to do a rota, the lay out makes it all so straight forward. I use the staff more efficiently, instead of having 6 staff on in one day where they are not needed or not having enough staff for a day. I have been able to move them around to times when they are needed because the layout makes it very clear who is on and who you need.

Pros

Whenever I need help or have a question one of the lads will reply more or less straight away, they talk me through what I need to do.
Its great not having to go through diaries or spreadsheets trying to figure out when people are on holidays , with one click I have all the employee holidays in front of me.
I never go over my hours limit, it adds it up for me itself which saves the company I work for money.
It used to take me roughly a full day if not longer to change peoples hours around and have it all right. Then insure that all staff knew when they were working, now all they have to do is check the app once they have been notified by the app itself.
It really is a great app, and it really helped me out when I took on role of manager, I was looking for an easier way to do the rotas as it was taking to much time the way the previous manager had been doing it. I came across the app online 3 months into my role and that was over a year ago now and all the staff much prefer it this way. Its quick easy and to the point.

Stefanie M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Love RotaCloud!

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

Great! Really recommend RotaCloud and when I've looked at other rota options in the past out of interest they have paled in comparison!

Pros

I have used RotaCloud for my team for the past 4 years. It is easy to use as a user, and a dream for Managers when scheduling. It's clear, simple and I like the interface. I also like that the whole team can download the app. I find the dashboard a good way to get an overview of what a drafted week looks like before publishing, and it's great to be able to easily plan out weeks and make changes.

Cons

We don't need to use the clocking software, and there's a few suggestions I'd have. Eg it would be great to be able to add sickness, holiday or other leave directly from the rota section, as opposed to having to do it individually on the leave section.

Simon G.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

The best decision we ever made with the roster!

Reviewed on 01/08/2017

Time and money saved

Pros

I looked at many different types of rostering software and Rotacloud looked like it fitted the bill. I have been so impressed with the functionality. It is easy to use and has some great features. The support is excellent and they reply almost instantly. They are very responsive if you request new features and are always looking to develop the product. I cannot recommend them enough and personally it has saved us hours of management time, in effect leading to a cost saving for the business. We also rolled out Rotacloud to other divisions within our group as it was so successful in our business.

Cons

I would struggle to give any negative feedback on this product. I cannot think of any problems I have had that they haven't rectified immediately.

Jess S.

Always Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

We are able to contact all of our employees with a click of a button, and save time advertising sessions.

Pros

It is so easy to use, we only have to provide minimal training to our Nurses and Doctors that use it which saves so much time. It is easy to get around and quick to advertise sessions.

Cons

The reporting side of it is hard for us a company as we have to provide quite detailed reports with lots of reports joining together. This has however improved drastically from the start so am hoping it will continue to do so in the future.

Carl M.

Excellent Cloud Software!

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

Brilliant for staff to be able to request holidays.

Pros

Easy to use for management and staff and easy to set up. Great support.
I love it. It has made managing holidays much easier and has good reporting functions which I use for giving hours to Payroll.

Cons

It could do with a calendar for putting upcoming events on. There are a couple of glitches like when somebody leaves then comes back you can easily reinstate them as the systems says that the email address is already in use. However tech support sorts it very quickly so not a major issue.

James H.

RotaCloud really helped us keep track of our multiple stores rotas and holiday allowances

Reviewed on 24/10/2017

Pros

Really easy to use, loads of features (we don't use all of them but good to know they are there), great visibility of the whole company's rotas and holiday position. Brilliant and quick to obtain reports. The team at RotaCloud are really responsive so whenever I have had question or issues that have helped us out really quickly. We have made suggestions for improvement, they really take that on board and try to implement these if they can.

Cons

Not much - maybe some more control over shift lengths and break lengths that are allowed.
Perhaps more support for holiday allowance on part time staff with varying hours.

Kalpna K.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Amazing software

Reviewed on 01/05/2020

Pros

This software is everything and more. Easy to use, understand, navigate and most of all so practical.
Value for money - one stop everything!

Cons

Would prefer an email invoice every month rather logging on to download and save.
Apart from that everything is great.

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Hi Kalpna, thanks for the feedback! It's great to hear about your positive experience using RotaCloud.

You'll be pleased to know invoices can be emailed to you each month directly - I've contacted you directly about setting this up.

Many thanks,
Maisie

Claire C.
Industry: Consumer Services

An absolute godsend.

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Saves time and easy for staff to review shifts.

Pros

Easy to use , saves so much of my time and great value for my money. We have used RotaCloud now for three years and I recommend it to anyone I know in business.

Cons

Maybe a small tutorial video of what everything does would be helpful to new users.
I cannot think of anything else that is needed to improve the service.

Kerry M.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Rota Cloud is great for our business

Reviewed on 25/07/2017

Quick rota planning, holiday approval, report creation and many more
Having everything in one place on one system
Easy to see staff details

Pros

Ability to suggest changes to the system
Staff do not need to fill in a timesheet - all done on the system
Changes can be easily made and staff notified quickly
The system allows annual leave, rota planning, timesheet approval and to run specific reports, for roles, costs, sickness, etc

Cons

If you have a large staff team adding all shifts on can be difficult as you cannot see all staff in the view and have to scroll up and down
When checking staff timesheets the scroll goes back to the top each time - I have been informed however that rota cloud are improving this at present

Stewart B.

Great Investment.

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

Pros

Rota-cloud is simple to use whilst also being flexible for our business needs. The time saving eliminate with reporting, rota building, holiday schedules & payroll in particular is extremely valuable for the whole team. We also use the system to track persons within the business (H&S fire risk)

Being remote (the clue is in the name I guess) I also found this to be a great advantage as I have multiple sites which I can now manage live from my desk or on my mobile when need be.

Simon M.
Industry: Security & Investigations

excellent

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

this is the third company I have implemented Rotacoud at, its incredibly simple to use especially when rolling out to a large and diverse workforce

Pros

easy to use, easy too apply, customer service too

Cons

not much to pick at really , it fits perfectly for what we need, maybe add a bit for self employed workers

Sarah B.

really helped ease our rota buliding

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

Saves time when preparing weekly rotas. All staff receive notifications of shifts so no misunderstanding can happen.

Pros

Staff can keep track of shifts / swap with each other/book holidays and monitor how many days left they have without having to keep coming to ask therefore saving me time!

Cons

in the past the app updates have had issues on certain handsets and it can sometimes show incorrect information - However the rota cloud team soon resolve any issues...

Tamara P.

Excellent Product and Fantastic Customer Service

Reviewed on 08/12/2017

The ability to manage our staff more efficiently and the reporting function have really helped. Especially the bespoke reports created by Joel.

Pros

With over 1000 members of staff, and 12 different Care Homes with separate locations RotaCloud ensures that we can keep track of our employees and pay them correctly. The reporting functionality is fantastic for Finance and Operations. The import and export tool is invaluable now and saves a lot of unnecessary time. Joel and his team have really helped us to get our business where it needs to be. We wouldn't use any other reporting tool. Our staff love that they can see their expected pay on the App and the ability to swap shifts. If any training is required the team are always on hand, which is a huge reassurance, when you have so many employees to manage.

Cons

The Bank Holidays being visible on the Rota would help. All of my other problems were solved quickly, thank you cust support!

Paul L.
Industry: Consumer Services

Very easy to use and their customer support is fantastic... its changed the way we work!

Reviewed on 14/08/2017

It has streamlined a lot of our processes, previously we had a lot of data in numerous places, this system allows us to consolidate all this and has saved the business a huge amount of time.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and looks great, I would highly recommend this to any business.

Cons

Their are a few functionalities that need adding especially the mobile app. These are minor details which I have been told will be addressed going forward.

Ben S.

The best way to plan rotas is when you don't have to stress too much. This does it all, and more.

Reviewed on 29/01/2018

Staff time savings. Better attendance from staff.

Pros

This is very easy to use, intuitive and gives good feedback re staff costs. The system is very flexible, adaptable and intuitive. RotaCloud has saved our staff hours and hours of time on planning rotas.

Cons

There is nothing really about the software that I don't like except perhaps the availability / unavailability input for staff could be a little easier to use. We have found some staff struggling to get that right which then has an impact on the validity of the rota. But, it's nowhere near a deal-breaker.

Emyr B.

Really simplified our rota needs

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Pros

Easy to use and the layout is nice and clean. The added benefit of having multiple sites is also very handy.

Cons

Selecting dates is really a pain at the moment as there is no way that I have found to be able to navigate months, past or future, with out having to select current week and use the forward or backward arrows to get to the desired date.

Martin R.
Industry: Retail

Transformed my rota system for the better

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Time saving and can see everything in one location

Pros

Using Rota Cloud has saved me a huge amount of time, not only that, I can see my staff costs at each location and department with ease.

Cons

The holiday entitlement doesn't always work as I would like i too, but overall very good.Would like to see public holidays on the calendar.

Sarah A.

Rota Cloud

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Having rota cloud makes the overall system of rotas, holidays, sickness much more efficient. It allow us to plan in advance and share across multiple sites with ease.

Pros

The ease of use for working out holidays, sick pay etc.
Being able to construct the rotas and move things around before publishing them for staff to see is a huge benefit, and makes the process a lot more efficient.

Cons

It isn't geared as well to salaried employees. It's brilliant for those who are paid hourly.

Charles S.
Industry: Financial Services

Does the work

Reviewed on 13/02/2017

We used xcel previously. With RotaCloud in production (2 years in May 2017), it's one useful application. Users can install apps, get reminders, managing rotas is simple, just copy/paste weeks. If you have any questions, the support team always reacts fast. Can't fault the guys. They are doing a grand job!

Web Interface
Applications

Cons

Nothing

Martine L.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Couldn't work without it!

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

Great support and my staff love it. makes managing 5 sites with 30+ staff so much easier.

Pros

Allows me to control my rota with accuracy and ease.

Cons

Took a little time to get used to using it and organising it to suit the business.

positive experience from the off. highly recomended

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Time saving, Better organising. Accessible to all staff. Allows managers to know where staff are and who is working on different days of the week.

Pros

It's easy to use. and speeds up what in the past was a difficult and long process of producing rotas for a team with a variety work patterns.

Cons

There is nothing we don't like about Rota Cloud.
So far we have had a very positive experience

Helen H.

Rotacloud has changed the way we publish the rota for our federation Enhanced access.

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

Pros

We used to use a Google drive and it was messy using Excel, this didn't provide us with a full audit trail - life is so much better now it's easy to set up and everything is there at a click of a button.