RotaCloud

Rota & staff management with a drag & drop interface

4.9 /5 (166 reviews) Write a Review!

Niall K.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent value for money. Super easy to use

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

We tried other solutions before arrive at RotaCloud and have not looked back since.
From first contact to present date I have had nothing but positive experiences with RotaCloud. The sales and technical support teams are fantastic, quick to respond and very friendly.

Pros

RotaCloud has managed to strike the illusive balance between intuitive, easy to use software, and a comprehensive level of complexity that ensures it is able to cope with teams of any size and structure without breaking a sweat. The web app has a really fresh feel and everything is very easy to find. The immense variety of settings have allowed me to tailor a bespoke rota management experience for my team with almost unsettling ease.

Cons

The phone app, while still in keeping with the fresh feel of the software, feels like a bit of an after thought. I would also like to see rules and conditions introduced (eg. always require X amount of this type of worker on this day)

Ashley J.

Never look back...

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

exceptional, I wouldn't go back to our old excel based system for all the tea in China!

Pros

It's very intuitive and user friendly for the staff. It cuts down on the amount of time the staff spend trying to cover shifts too

Cons

We had to get a bespoke template made for payroll. Perhaps there could have been an easier way round it but it's done now

Charlie S.

• Customer Support Software

Not perfect, but pretty good

Reviewed on 04/09/2019

The cons I describe above are really small, and are 'enchancements' or dev requests more than problems. I could not run this business without RotaCloud!

Pros

Being online means I can create rotas at home or work, and the app means team can access their rotas in the way that's easiest for them. I like being able to copy a shift from one day/person to another, and being able to copy a week's shift from one week to another. The reporting is good also, enabling me to do payroll easily.

Cons

A few things are bit fiddly and could be improved.
1. having to change between publish mode and rota mode. it would be better to be able to publish a week with a button, or a right click for just one shift.
2. it is cumbersome having to create holidays in a different screen. it would be better to be able to do it from within the rota screen.
3. if I'm creating a rota for next week, and then navigate away to, say the holiday screen, when I go back to the rota screen it will go back to THIS week not the week I was editing. On more than one occasion I haven't spotted that and erroneously then edited THIS week instead!
4. it would be great to be able to include paid leave in the report so that I know to include that person's day in a pay run. At the moment, I have created a role of 'paid leave' so that their holiday hours get included in their hours for that week
5. I like being able to see how many shifts a person has for that week (ie in a row) but it would also be helpful to see how many shifts are logged for each day (ie in a column).

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the feedback - I'm glad to hear that your experience with RotaCloud has been good so far.

You'll be pleased to hear that daily totals, which will include daily hours, costs and number of shifts, is coming very soon!

With regards to your other feedback, a member of the support team will be in touch directly to chat through further - a couple of the points you mentioned are already possible :)

Many thanks,
James

Samantha C.

Great Software

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

Time saving, and therefore cost saving from a wages point of view.
Much more efficient management of holiday allowances and leave requests.

Pros

This software has been great for us and moving to it, from pen and paper, was the best decision we ever made. We have most definitely saved time in both writing and administering rotas, and the app means that all the staff know when they are expected in work without being able to say they hadn't been told!

It is generally really easy to use from both a Manager and Employees point of view. The customer support is excellent, with questions being answered very quickly through the online chat facility. This is also great as it means you have a record of the conversations so if you need to refer back to something later on then you are able to do so. We manage two sites and 6 rotas in total across the business with nearly 100 employees. Being able to manage the leave through rotacloud has proven far more efficient and ensured that we are not in danger of finding ourselves at the beginning of December with a lot of holiday to make up with staff - something that seemed to happen every year historically.

Cons

There are some quirks which I would love to see ironed out. The 'Availability' function cannot cope with both ongoing requests and individual requests at the same time which is really frustrating. The majority of our crew are casual employees who have ongoing commitments as well as one off commitments so we have had to come up with a workaround to enable them to add all of their availability without the danger of some of it being missed.
It would also be useful to have an easy way to see, and reinstate, past employees. With a very transient workforce, often away at university or travelling for long periods, we don't want to keep them on the system but need to be able to reinstate them when they return. I currently do this via a link but an easier way would be better.

Lorraine P.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Makes my job easier

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

Really saves time for me an d the company , the reports and clocking in and out have proved extremely useful in all HR areas as well as the daily running of the company.

Pros

Speed in which I can complete the Rota, the quick way I can allocate overtime / open shifts .
The ease for the zero hours team to decline and advise, the way rota cloud helps speed up the monthly payroll due to the ease of reports available.
Any staff queries are much easier to back track and confirm or amend.

Cons

Not being able to have a banked hours additional leave allocation area.

Not being able to stop staff being able to request leave if they are near the red allocation as we use hourly leave.

having to type in the break allocation ..ie not being able to set at time and break allocation then when you type in it. Should be able to reconise.

For future memo area to be more effective. See which staff member hasnt looked ... add attachments.

Lee K.

• Customer Support Software

The staff are always on hand to help with any issues.

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

Improves communication across the work place.

Pros

That the staff have apps that can let them know what days and hours they are down to work and any changes are sent to them instantly and has improved the communication within the work place.

Cons

Not having an undo or back button. At times I get interrupted during writing the staff rota and have dropped shifts on the wrong staff or deleted a shift by mistake. this is not a huge issue as I send the guys a message and they will undo this for me within 10 min.

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your great review, we always value customer feedback and your opinion is important to us.

In regards to your request for an undo or back button, we are constantly looking to make improvements to RotaCloud and have an extensive roadmap for development in 2018, so watch this space!

Thanks

Martin

Debora B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

Great rota system - no more spreadsheets!

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

They are very quick to reply when you have a question and very helpful and friendly - nowadays that is so rare to find with customer service.

Pros

I like how it looks and how easy it is to use overall. I also like that it automatically calculates the weekly hours although I would love to have a feature that shows me the daily hour total when I am entering the staff shifts as they change everyday. I also love the reports and the availability/unavailability feature.

Cons

As mentioned above, the fact that it does not give me the day total hours, only the weekly ones.

Response from Kettle & Keyboard

Hi Debora,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. You'll be pleased to hear that daily hours/cost totals will be landing in your account very soon!

James

Anita K.

Rotacloud review

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

Manpower planning is just easier and with the new features of adding employee files in to one place is just great

Pros

The features are so easy to use, I tell everyone who needs to use it that they literally cannot break it. It is easy to navigate and the features added are getting better and better

Cons

I always have features that I would like added and they guys are always very gracious and take my requests onboard

Melanie V.
  • Industry: Restaurants

• Customer Support Software

Rota cloud is a great programme.

Reviewed on 24/08/2017

It is much quicker and easier to get my rota organised. It's better that staff can check their shifts daily and any changes notify them on their phones. I like the financial summary it produces as well.

Pros

I like how easy it is to make a rota and see the financial side of things quickly and easily. I like the quick and very responsive feedback when I have been unsure of anything on the soft ware.

Cons

I don't like that the weekly hours doesn't include any annual leave staff have taken, as I then have to add that manually on another spread sheet, where all other rota issues are managed by the Rota Cloud soft ware.

Gemma V.

• Customer Support Software

Rota cloud has helped me so much keep track of not only the weekly rota, but holidays and...

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

Pros

It gives the staff a chance to be some responsibility. They can switch shifts with each other (with manager approval). It enables a central place to request holidays, no more confusion on if someone has asked, before they could ring, email or tell me in person. This way it is very clear, they can also keep track of how much holiday they are due.
The rotas themselves are really easy to set up, you can copy parts of them, or switch them around.
There is also an open shifts section, so you can effectivly send out a request for cover to all staff at once.

Cons

Pricey if you have lots of employees. We are looking to add in our volunteer staff but I am having to try to justify the price with our committee.

Marc Y.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Essential for easy rotas

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

Absolutely fantastic. Sales and aftercare are second to none

Pros

Sometimes creating rotas can be a hassle, but the algorithms of this software makes life easy and generates rotas with ease

Cons

It could take my job! Rotas are the one thing that takes time and patience, however this software eliminates that. It's a con, but a positive one. Sometimes as it's cloud, there is downtime

Karen B.

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Its a good all round system, maybe we probably dont use it to its full advantage as we only use it for seasonal staff so dont use the leave functions etc. I would query the risk to our service if the system was to go down for any reason, we do have manual plans in place but it would still cause issues to the patient led service we provide.

Pros

It is easy to use, and the service staff are friendly and always very helpful at hand to help if needed

Cons

When working off site on my laptop i dont get the full screen function on my screen to be able to see all staff on the rota

Abbie R.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and perfect for small businesses

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

Perfect for us, we have 72 staff split over a few different departments. The holiday function is fantastic and just generally a really great system to use. Has some good reporting tools too.

Pros

The ease of use and the back end reports

Cons

If a member of staff has been removed and then returns it is difficult to add that person back again.

Lucy C.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

We've been using RotaCloud for over two years and now can't imagine how we survived without it. We mange a small core team but a large, casual bank of staff for a restaurant where we plan our rota a month in advance but then need to deal with lots of swaps and changes or staff making minor changes to shift times.

Pros

RotaCloud is intuitive and easy for the rota administrators and the staff. The RotaCloud development team are really responsive and helpful. The app works well on all devices. Back end and front end are well designed and reporting functions have really helped us to plan, see patterns and manage spend on staffing.

Cons

That we didn't know about it or find it 5 years ago!

Maria ..

• Customer Support Software

Great features and easy to use.

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Efficient and easy to use.

Pros

RotaCloud has a good range of features and allows us the flexibility of using as many as few as we need at any given time. The layout is also very intuitive , allowing ease of use.

Cons

Users don't seem to be able to set themselves as unavailable far in the future unless unless a shift has already been given. It would great for users to be able to request Christmas holidays in advance.

Lee E.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

• Customer Support Software

RotaCloud has helped pull our team and business together.

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

We have been using RotaCloud for over a year now and the product has been instrumental in pulling our team together. It is easy to use, gives a view for the whole team to see who is working where and enables us to improve what we can offer to our customers.

Pros

Flexibility, ability to make changes quickly and to be able at a glance to oversee the business.

Cons

Improvements are being made all of the time but don't always give us some of the benefits that we would like.

Alex B.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Tip Top RotaCloud

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

The business I'm in, a user friendly rota system is imperative, this is exactly what RotaCloud is. All my staff find it easy and that helps make my job so much easier. Great system.

Pros

Its ease of use. Makes my job so much easier. Very user friendly for myself and my staff.

Cons

No cons to be honest. Everything I require is on one platform. Well done RotaCloud.

Ed H.

• Customer Support Software

Rota coud answered all our problems. Quality and affordable, importantly very easy to manage.

Reviewed on 02/03/2018

Pros

Its simplicity and the user interface. Very easy to use, very easy to review and see who is doing what and when, what their roles are, where there is overlap etc. etc.

Cons

Difficult to pick holes in it really. I would like to get it integrated with our payroll more seamlessly but thats not RotaClouds problem really its ours.

Steve D.
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Excellent product for managing staff communication and improving efficiency

Reviewed on 21/08/2017

improved efficiency and reduction in time.

Pros

Help to reduce cost and time organising staff rotas . It also improves the communication channels especially when you employ a certain number of part time remote staff.

Cons

I find imputing the time format very time consuming and not very keen on the leave management functionality .

Alex D.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Major time saver

Reviewed on 02/02/2020

Overall experiance is 10/10

Pros

Very easy to use and saves me hours each month on organising shifts and staff leave.

Cons

Would be nice if you could add all national holidays to the rota so when staff try to book it off you are notified of the holdiay it clashes with.

Steve H.

• Customer Support Software

Best rota system around !!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 24/07/2017

Pros

It is easy to use, has loads of functions, cost for the software is reasonable. It allows staff to select shifts which saves management time organising rotas. The reporting module allows you to report on a number of different areas ( costs, leave, sickness etc).

Cons

We have been using the system for approx. 9 months, we haven't found any areas where the system needs improving and the support live chat is really helpful if you get stuck.

Jason P.
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Really easy to use and saving me hours and admin and headaches. Worth every penny so far!

Reviewed on 21/08/2017

Pros

The guys at RotaCloud have created a really slick interface, which I haven't found holes in so far. It's great on desktop and mobile.
Before RotaCloud, keeping on top of the rota and timesheets was a complete nightmare. Now it all happens in one place and the hard work is done done for me: I can change the rota and staff are notified as I do so via the app. Staff can request time off and I can plan ahead effectively and know what my staffing costs will be without doing the maths myself. Rota confusion is a thing of the past! It's the best tool I've introduced to my business in a very long time.
What's more, the customer service has been fantastic - I don't usually write reviews but I feel like these guys deserved a good one!

Patrick C.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and great value

Reviewed on 29/11/2020

Seamless

Pros

Easy of use
Reasonably priced
Customer service and support is excellent, response time is excellent

Cons

Attendance not so easy to view and amend on mobile app

Nathan T.

Breath Of Fresh Air

Reviewed on 29/01/2018

Pros

An awesome modern rota system which works perfectly for my employees. The staff love the notifications they receive from the app also which keeps them in the loop at all times.

Christopher B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Good Software / Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Does 95% of what I need and they are quick to respond if I have questions.

Pros

Customer Service
Allows multiple locations
Handles Time Zones well
APP
Good Value for money

Cons

Loading shifts could be quicker
Would like to give everyone option to cancel leave
Would like to designate managers to specific staff / departments