NinjaCat

PPC & SEO reporting platform for agencies

4.4 /5 (78 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.3
4.3
4.2
4.7
Jeremy F.

Moderately Good Product With Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Using Ninja Cat over the last 3 years I've been able to navigate through it and become more comfortable with its updates and challenging template creations.

Pros

Being able to bring data from multiple sources and create a cohesive report & provide a thoughtful story for the clients.

Cons

Creating templates can be difficult to create if you haven't had any training on the software and data may not pull in time for critical deadlines.

Rajiv A.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

good support, but the new shinobli update seemed to have come with a lot of plaggued problems.

Call tracking

Pros

It allows us to share with our clients their total ad spend & total conversions. Tracking & notifing for phone calls allows us to show our clients that the program we run is successful.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with email platforms like aweber and mailchimp. We have to use third party tools to connect them which don't work often.

Response from NinjaCat

Rajiv, thank you for taking the time to review NinjaCat. Shinobi currently has integrations with MailChimp as well as Hubspot. Salesforce is also in build currently and Pardot is also on our short list of email integrations to add to NinjaCat.

Here is our December 12th integration release that preempted our newsletter sharing our new integrations Mailchimp and Hubspot: https://support.ninjacat.io/hc/en-us/articles/115015727907-Dec-12-2017-New-Integrations-Custom-Dimension-Creation-Graph-styling-options-More-

Let's get together and we can set up Mailchimp with you.

Scott Guttenberger - Director of Marketing

An Intuitive Platform For Reporting, Monitoring, and Call Tracking

Reviewed on 22/12/2019

Overally, NinjaCat is an incredibly valuable tool that I use every day. It helps me to keep things organized and keep track of all of my PPC accounts. NinjaCat makes reporting easy, and I expect that it will continue to grow and improve as time goes on.

Pros

NinjaCat has grown quite a bit since our agency first started using it. It used to be more of a reporting and monitoring platform, but now we're able to use it to track and report on calls more easily, and it makes integrating call leads into Google Ads easy. I couldn't imagine keeping track of countless PPC accounts on Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn without the customizable reporting tools NinjaCat offers. It makes it easy to see where our budgets and leads stand at a quick glance. The ability to easily compe data to other date ranges has been an essential part in allowing me to view seasonal trends or prioritize client accounts. Lastly, we're able to share our custom dashboards with clients, and we're also able to automate reports, which really helps with efficiency.

Cons

There are a few minor inconveniences that we've learned to adapt to while using NinjaCat. One is that monitoring dashboards are not updated in real time. So, data you or a client is seeing is only accurate up to the previous day. We've also had some issues where failures in the system were not reported to us in a timely manner, and it led to calls failing to be imported into Google. Their customer support team was very accomodating, but our agency would have appreciated advanced notice of the changes they were making in order to accommodate the unexpected issue. Oh, and there's no "undo" option when creating custom dashboards.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great product, great customer support

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

NinjaCat has many great features that clients love, and the team at NinjaCat is very helpful and responsive in helping tailor the service for our needs.

Pros

It is easy to set-up, and easy to use. The interface is easy to navigate, and looks great for clients.

Cons

The product is always being updated to include new features, which can sometimes cause existing features to stop working. The support team is always very helpful, and resolves the issue quickly.

Matthew J.

NinjaCat Creates Functional and Attractive Reports for Our Clients

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Pros

For our clients to see the value of some of our services (PPC, SEO, social media, etc), a good reporting mechanism is required. NinjaCat put together reports that look good to the end user, and relay a great deal of information without becoming cluttered or unwieldy. We also love how customizable the software is, and how many other sites/softwares can easily integrate with NinjaCat.

Cons

The newest iteration of the software is taking a bit longer to master than we'd hoped, and it seems a lot of things were moved around without good reason - but we were early adopters and expect (even anticipate) regular change to NinjaCat as the product improves over time.

Ross M.

Ninjacat has grown a lot since its original launch

Reviewed on 15/01/2018

Pros

very easy to use and setup, provide a lot of data with a simple integration process. Amazing customer support.

Cons

setting up custom comparison reports is a bit confusing, and not enough Facebook ad insights data.

Benjamin B.

NinjaCat is going to be a game changer for our Agency by enabling better and faster reporting.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Pros

The software is intuitive. The NinjAcademy was thorough and helpful (my on-boarding team was awesome), but the software is just built to make sense. Once everything is setup, churning out reports is a simple process. Once we get fully settled in, I estimate we'll cut our reporting time in half.

There's quite a bit of data customization available within the template. This was a huge selling point for us. We require the ability to combine datasets, to filter and manipulate data in order to provide reports and analysis tailored for each client. Compared to other reporting services on the market, NinjaCat was the clear winner in this category.

Cons

Design customization is limited. That isn't to say you can't create a good looking report, it's just the tools to design are not going to blow you away. They've already updated the design options once, since my agency joined 2 months ago, so I imagine there will be improvement here. For now, think of it as a poor man's version of PowerPoint, when it comes to design functionality.

Response from NinjaCat

Benjamin, thank you for your feedback and great comments. Concerning design customization options and features, our most recent addition was on Dec 12, 2017 and we have more in store. We think you will like what the future of NinjaCat holds. Stay tuned!

Shannon M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Solid Product - Improvements in the last year that made it more manageable.

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Client reporting on all data sources. The product saved time internally for the teams that we compiling the information.

Pros

The ability to connect third-party accounts into the platform to pull data and report on it, all in one place is awesome.

Cons

At times the integrations would fail and there wasn't a trigger to go back in to reconnect them before a report was sent.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Good software, however, missing a couple of important features

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Automated reporting, ability to incorporate all of my marketing sources under a single dashboard.

Pros

Easy to setup, easy to read reports. Clients enjoy the dashboard and in depth reporting thats available.

Cons

you only have two sources available in the dashboard. Tapclicks allows you to integrate every source in to the dashboard for clients. 24 hours delay is really bad.

Gabe T.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

I can now create my complicated and customized reports like never before.

Reviewed on 13/01/2018

Pros

The customization is incredible and ALMOST meets all of my complicated demands. NinjaTrack phone tracking is great. The team is very helpful and usually responds quickly. I like all of the apis and tools it can connect to. The dev team seems to focus on the needs of the clients and moves fast.

Cons

The price. The initial package is a bit too pricey, don't even want to think of the higher tier I will need as my business grows.

Christopher B.

Great Product.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Pros

I like and use most frequently the budget monitoring. I like how easy it is to set up, and synch clients and accounts and how easy it is to access the dashboard

Cons

I really would like an editable version of the dashboard. I market to clients that are not computer-savvy, and are results-driven. With a few tweaks, and by minimizing a lot of the unneeded data, we could utilize the dashboards much more effectively.

Nkululeko C.

NinjaCat great software for Digital Agency

Reviewed on 08/04/2020

For me as an Agency owner it helps me to collect all data reports so that I am to customise it. Once that data that has customized I can able to send to that particular clients.

Pros

Customer support was very outstanding from the beginning we started using NinjaCat they have been there with us. If you have some minor problems we pick up a phone and their very helpful and patient.

They have a great trainings, you don't have to figure everything out on your own.

It allows me to integrate with Google for analytics when I run Google PPC advertising.

Cons

There's no freemium plans for NinjaCat but you can get a free trail.

So far everything thing is great with the software I haven't seen a bug.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

pretty good, support is slow, chat isn't helpful

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

helpful reporting tool, makes it easy to relay information to clients

Pros

The design is fairly easy to use and most integrations are fairly straightforward. New integrations come out pretty quickly which is nice

Cons

It doesn't have all the dimensions and metrics that we need, specifically the Yext integration which is useless. Also nothing for LinkedIn company pages

Kayla K.

Our team left and came back because we missed the tool.

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

Pros

Easy automated reporting, good support. It's also easy to create new accounts and ramp up new clients.

Cons

I wish I could add accounts using the same settings as other accounts. I also wish the reporting templates would be more accommodating of having accounts that have varying goal numbers from analytics.

Laura (.

NinjaCat's capabilities stomp the competition

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

NinjaCat saves us time and money on client reporting.

Pros

The interface is so simple and straightforward, everyone on my team was able to pick it up and run with it. The on-boarding process for NinjaCat was extremely helpful. We had dedicated support who helped me through every step of getting our new dashboards up and running. Overall, they have saved us money and lots of time when it comes to client reporting. We couldn't be happier.

Cons

Right now the system pulls data with real time API calls which causes a delay in the data population. This is my only complaint but I know they are working on a data warehouse and will roll that feature out soon.

Morgan B.

Complicated, Ineffective, Constant Data Issues

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 22/10/2019

If your reporting needs are very simple I would suggest this however I would suggest using another platform.

Pros

If you are only using stock widgets to build reports it would be the easiest platform to use. Their support has also been generally helpful with the plethora of issues my team has had.

Cons

Features are slow to roll out. Constant issues with incorrect data being pulled in. Incredibly complicated to build out customized dashboards that combine data from multiple sources.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Tiffany G.

Ninjacat is easy to use and helps keep track of my client's end of month reports!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 15/01/2018

Pros

I love the ease of which I can add notes and then download last month's reports without having to reconfigure every month.

Cons

Even with training the learning curve takes a little bit, but once you have the hang of it, it is a breeze!

Peter S.

The layout is great. So are all the design customization options

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

Pros

The ability to customize the design. The ability to customize the widgets. I really like how easy it is to brand.

Cons

The way you need to run a report to update the design. It takes a long time to run big reports and having to run a report every time to see the updates makes it cumbersome

Jennifer S.

We didn't think that Ninjacademy was a good use of our time.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 12/01/2018

Pros

Connecting to multiple APIs. User friendly. Quality product for price. Stellar customer service. We also like that we can have multiple users and administrators for no extra cost.

Cons

That it isn't synced with Doubleclick Search. No way to match up Analytics with platform reporting. We'd like dashboards to look more like a webpage vs. PPT presentation

Kate W.

Took some time, but now we've got it working well.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 15/01/2018

Pros

Easy to collaborate across teams - that is the number one benefit. I also think the presentation is easy to customize across clients.

Cons

Setting up the initial plugins was super labor intensive. Not having an automatic instagram plugin was a huge burden for us. Would like to see better understanding of paid versus organic activity for social.

Justin C.

The perfect solution to creating professional reports for our clients.

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

Hassle free reporting and increased customer retention

Pros

Integrations - Links to every ad platform we use
Ease of Use - Reports are auto generated and ready to go when you need them!
Detail of Reports - Enough data to confuse even our own analysts!
Customization - Sky is the limit with report styles and dashboard
NinjaTrack - the ultimate no hassle integrated call tracking solution!

Cons

Learning Curve with the updated new look is slightly confusing and takes time to learn where things are (especially billing & invoices)

Can be slow to load and switch between pages

Initial setup can be time consuming, but NinjaCat has a "white glove" service that really helps out with this process.

Some of our team is color blind. That paired with average quality monitors makes the light blue buttons invisible! This leads to some frustration and laughter in the office.

Richard E.

I've been using Ninjacat for over 2 years now and the time it's saved me untold hours reporting

Reviewed on 13/06/2018

Pros

Ninjacat never stops looking to improve their offering. The customer support is very good, from the support centre or through your account manager, they all understand exactly what you want and will go out of their way to find a solution.

Cons

I've had some issues in rolling up reports before, having multiple accounts within the same report.
I found this very difficult to implement, however with the support team recording videos for me, I was able to fix

Chad H.

Making Reporting Easier with NinjaCat

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Reporting has gotten much more streamlined and facilitated with the introduction of automatically run reports from NinjaCat. Reporting would be a true hassle if it weren't for the great integrations allowed in NinjaCat

Pros

I really like the fact that you can schedule Reports to run with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Sheets, FB Ads, and other analytic software integrations, where they appear as charts, graphs, and data tables to easily present information. I also like the fact that you can make changes to the template and re-run the report, and then use "add notes" to make small changes and analyses. Lastly, I like the monitoring function on NinjaCat that can give snapshots of various analytic software.

Cons

The biggest issue I have with NinjaCat is that sometimes it takes forever to run the report after you've made changes to the template and need them to take effect. I've had reports run for more than 2 hours for reasons that are unknown to me.

John S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

industry standard in search marketing reporting

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Easy to Set Up, Easy to Use, Fully Customizable. Upon submitting to a client we have no doubt that the layout ' depth of information provided can stand up in a Fortune 500 Boardroom Marketing Meeting. This product is top of it's class. Simply put, Ninja Cat is outstanding.

Pros

perfect solution for agency reporting. we're able to place, what i would refer to as, Fortune 500 Boardroom Reports in the hands of our clients on a weekly/monthly basis (or as often as needed) The system is fully customizable. We consider our Ninja Cat account as a critical element for Client engagement.
One more point, Ninja Cat support team is OUTSTANDING!

Daryl J.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Ninjacat is a FANTASTIC reporting tool

Reviewed on 12/04/2017

I've used Ninja Cat for a few years now, and its reporting is awesome. Every client I have loves their report and dashboard. It keeps them connected to me, which is great.

Pros

Software is great..reporting is easy to replicate and roll-out for new customers

Cons

Dashboard has less functionality that can be customized.