Thryv

All-in-one management software built for small business

4.2 /5 (314 reviews) Write a Review!

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Thryv for HR use

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

We chose the Thryv product, along with DexYP services, to enhance our recruiting efforts. We needed to improve our company's online image and increase our ranking within online searches. We have seen immediate benefits from the company's listings being consistent across online search platforms. This was extremely important timing for our company, which relocated during the first quarter of this year, after almost 35 years in one location. We are still in the "ramping up" stages as we get ready for the 4th quarter of this year, but we expect to see increased traffic to our company website, as well as people reaching out to us about working for our company.

Pros

Thryv is easy to use from desktop or mobile device. The dashboard clearly shows the information I need to see at a glance and the navigation bar is divided into categories that make sense to a user (not just to the software designer) so I can quickly find what I need to work with. I really like the Social Media connection and the ability to search relevant topics and post directly from the Thryv software. Even better is the scheduling function that allows me to schedule a post during peak evening time when our target audience is most likely to be on social media to see it. Thryv also allows me to use multiple "tags" for the Leads so I can sort and find names and numbers within categories that I set up. Another feature that is very helpful is the Listings Management that allows our business to easily see that our online presence is correct and consistent across many platforms, such as Google, Yelp, Bing, Yahoo, & Foursquare and provides the option to "fix" any listings that do not accurately represent our business.

Cons

While Thryv has been very useful in the HR functions of recruiting and communicating with current employees, it is not ideal for our sales personnel. The sales manager wants to be able to run reports for purposes of monthly planning, focused on managing sales personnel and their activities to grow the customer base. That emphasis would be on the internal sales representatives and the Thryv product is best suited to a focus on external clients.

Response from Thryv

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. This helps us know what we're getting right and how we can improve going forward. We're happy to know that you're satisfied with how Thryv is helping your business!

- Ed

Kathy F.

Thryv Review

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

My Social media problems are being solved with Thryv. I will be able to be out there on social media a lot more and by doing so, hoping to grow my business more.

Pros

Thryv is an easy program to use once the customer support walks you through it. Their customer support really makes sure that all the training you receive, you understand. Great system. I like how Thryv handles all the social media aspect of my business, so I don't have to take the time to post on every social media site out there.

Cons

The only feature that I don't like about Thryv is that when I am scheduling clients, it will not let me input more than one service at a time for a client. I have to schedule one service at a time for clients, and that can be confusing for them because then they end up getting multiple txts about their appointment, and they don't know what time their actual appointment is scheduled for.

Response from Thryv

Hi Kathy! I'm so glad to hear Thryv is making managing your social media a breeze! I'm sorry to hear about your scheduling issue. If a phone call doesn't work, you can always reach out to us by emailing [email protected] for any questions or concerns you have! Thanks for the great feedback! -Chandlor

Alice J.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Thryv = Transforming how we do business!

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

Thryv is awesome, incredible, and it produces immediate results. After 30 years in business I am proud to say, 2019 has been our best year ever! The person behind our real success story is rep. He is my wing man. When I first started with Thryv, I was cynical steeped in old school ways of doing business. rep is our go to any time help guy. He is as tenacious as a bulldog when it comes to the install and he continually shows up to provide hands on support, training, and implementation of new features. He’s on it to make sure things are going well and exceeding expectations. Thanks for the helping hands. Rep, in my opinion, is a great asset to your company and to mine! I hope executive management responds to you about this post.

Pros

What I like most about Thryv is its user friendly for our staff and for our clients. Many of the everyday tasks of communicating with customers over the phone, through email, and texts all happen in one place. There is tremendous value in having our website, social media, client interactions, email marketing, text marketing, appointments, and appointment reminders, all on one dashboard. Everything works together to benefit our business.

Cons

Customer support has not always been favorable, meaning, I have to heavily depend on my rep. Sometimes speaking with folks with different accents and dialects is hard to comprehend when we need assistance. At times we avoid reaching out due to the disconnect.

Angelo D.

Amazing business management software

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

Honestly, I've had an overall great experience with Thryv. They have great customer support and have the digital marketing tool of the future. Great price for the value.

Pros

I love using the social media scheduling tool because it saves me a lot of time compared to before. I also use the appointment scheduler on a daily basis. The reminders help me remember all my appointments and help to remind my clients of the time. The website widgets have been a great addition and really help increase the amount of people contacting our business.

Cons

Sometimes when I am trying to access my Thryv software via mobile, it just keeps loading but never opens. That can get a bit annoying. Also, sometimes the software can be a bit glitchy, not load in certain areas. Also, the social media scheduling tool sometimes randomly disconnects my social media profiles and cancels the posts I had scheduled. That is a bit annoying as well.

Response from Thryv

Hey Angelo! Thanks for the great review. We are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our product and fix bugs/glitches. We love having SEO Marketing Masters as part of our Thryv family! Let us know if you ever need anything. We're here to help. -Chandlor

Tom D.
  • Industry: Photography

• Customer Support Software

Thryv is a great investment

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

I am very pleased overall with the software, and exceptionally pleased with my Business Advisor.

The On Shore team is outstanding.

I find the chat function cumbersome as I have to repeat my issue numerous times in order for the technician to understand. I also feel many of the responses are "canned" and are read from a script or manual.

Pros

The single footprint is a value to my business. Client management and calendar/scheduling/booking is an extreme benefit on a daily basis.

Cons

Launching the software on a browser and mobile phone is quirky. I have to reload multiple times to get to the dashboard.

There are a few features I have submitted for review, but that doesn't necessarily mean I do not like Thryv because it lacks these features.

Response from Thryv

Hi Tom, we appreciate your review and your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you are using quite a few of the features to help run your business. Thryv is always evolving and getting better because of clients like you; for that, we thank you!

Here are some suggestions that can potentially help while trying to access the Thryv App
- Make sure your phone is updated and try reinstalling the App
- Try connecting to a WiFi Connection
- You can also use your phone's internet browser and log in to Thryv from there.
- Gabe

Catherine S.

Thryv helps me Thrive!

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

I do like this Business program more that the piece-mil style of programs I had before. Everything is within this model and I do not have to try to combine my Books, Appointments, schedules, online presence or documents...everything is here. Any new business needs to use this sort of program to become a more professional looking business.

Pros

As a new business owner I have found the Thryv Business program to be very helpful and convenient for me and my customers. The notifications come quickly and on all my devices so no one is left hanging especially my business. I have used the chat and telephone customer service lines to educate me and help me move free and easily through the Dashboard and all its features.

Cons

Some of the features I am not as well familiar with do need a little extra help which I need through the Thryv support agents. I have the lowest tier Thryv account which does not offer total flexibilty but as my business grows I expect to be able to upgrade.

Jason V.

Impressed

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

Excellent experience so far, from the initial sales person, to set up specialists, to web page building team, to the 24 hour support team. We can’t emphasize enough how helpful there are at walking you through the program. We are in the construction field, so if we can be taught..... anyone can!

Pros

Many features of this program are helpful with everyday applications. The social media tracking, posting is relatively easy to use. Client portal and advertising to customers is saving us hours in time and cost per man hour. The invoicing we are still new to and switching over, but are excited to implement it to our business. Their biggest asset to us was customer service. Always able to get questions answered or solved by them. They have obviously put this as a key component moving forward and hope they continue this trend. We are absolutely recommending this program and will continue to.

Cons

There are a ton of features, at first it seems like a rabbit hole every time you click a tab or option, but as you learn it becomes a breeze. They are constantly working on improving and use a customers suggestions. Can’t wait to see what they implement next.

Response from Thryv

Thanks for such awesome feedback, Jason! We take pride in our Customer Support and hope that you always feel satisfied with our team! Please let us know if you ever have any questions, concerns or future feedback. We're here to help! -Chandlor

Jacob G.

Product Review

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

Fantastic

Pros

Ease of use!
Calendar
Reminders
Automated campaign
Marketing

Cons

We have not experienced any cons with the use of this product!

Response from Thryv

Hey Jacob, thank you for your review! We are excited to hear that you can use Thryv with ease to set reminders and send out your marketing campaigns.

If you ever need assistance, feel free to call our 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798. - Gabe

Kurt P.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

• Customer Support Software

Thryv pulled it all together

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Thryv is awesome! The support staff is outstanding and quick to help with anything I have encountered so far. They made my business work flow so much more smooth as far as new client tracking goes. The integration with email reminders for customers is awesome... everything I was stressing about maintaining was brought to one nice package.

Pros

I loved that it took all the different areas and programs I was utilizing to try and maintain my workflow and put it into one place. I don't have to have multiple windows up to try and track all information I was entering into the system.

Cons

Where I service and repair equipment, I often get the same piece of equipment months down the road. There is no way that I can find to enter the Identification number and track the last time I saw it. This is very important to me because I put warranties on my work and I need to be able to find the piece for a specific Dentist and track what I did with it and when I last saw it. I still have to have a separate tracking system for that.

Response from Thryv

Hi Kurt, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that Thryv has all you need and helping you stay organized. In the Thryv Dashboard, you can use the 'Tag' function to label with the ID number and who uses it. That way you can use the name of the ID in the filter when you search and that should pull up those accounts. If you need further assistance, please call our 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798. I have also let our team know to reach out to you. - Gabe

Jeff D.
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

Thryv...your one stop shop for ECM software!

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

As an executive who also completes billable jobs while trying to handle the sales, marketing, & social media Thryv helps me perform mutliple job duties at an extremely effecient & high level.

Pros

So many positives it is hard to chose just one, but if I had to pick one I would say the ease of use for end users of all levels of experience in enterprise wide content management software. Whether you are a small business owner who stays small or becomes large or C-suite executive seeking a to improve how your company does business, Thryv has the type of platform & interface that can grow with you.

Cons

Still searching...maybe having a scanner functionality where the end user can scan bar codes, RFID, SKUs, etc to expedite the data entry stage.

Response from Thryv

Thank you, Jeff! We're truly happy to hear you've loved our services. If there's ever anything you need or have questions about, let us know!

• Industry: Law Practice

All Glitter and No Substance

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

We did not renew our contract with Thryv. Instead, we went with another company that specializes website design and marketing for businesses like mine. I checked them out on Yelp, Capterra and a couple other review sites. (I didn't do this when I signed up with Thryv and I should have.) I'm very satisfied with this new company so far. My involvement has been only to review and comment on their work. My recommendation to anyone looking for website and marketing assistance is to go with a company that specializes in working with your type of business and check out as many review sites as you can before making your decision.

Pros

Thryv is tied into the "Original" Yellow Pages. I liked the person who sold me the program as a package with my Yellow Pages advertising. All she knew about the program was what Thryv told her and if you've ever dealt with any high tech sales people, you know that their answer to any question about what the program can do is "yes", "sure", "you bet", "no problem", etc. Then when you deal with tech support that tell you that they have no idea what the salesperson was talking about. I believe that my YP sales person was simply telling me what the Thryv marketing people told her.

Cons

1. Its a "one size fits all program". If you want something that is specifically for your type of business, you need to jerryrig the program yourself and to do that, you need an IT person. 2. I have a small business and we're busy. We do not have an IT department. We don't have a marketing department either. In order for the Thryv program to work, you need both unless you or one of your staff people wants to spend most of your day playing with the Thryv dashboard. 3. Initially, support was pretty bad, but to their credit, it has improved during the last year. 4. The website design is base on templates and lack any creativity whatsoever. It took them 6 months to correct all the spelling errors. Its up to you to make any changes to the website and they tell you its easy to do. It's not. See number 2 above. 5. Finally, during the last year, the Thryv program did not produce any noticeable increase in our business. Almost all of the calls and e-mails we got through our website were from other website developers and marketing groups telling us that they saw our website and they could do a better job.

Response from Thryv

Hi,

It certainly saddens us to know that you were not satisfied with your usage of Thryv. We take great pride in Thryv, its functionality, ease of use, and the client support that's offered. If you decide to try us again in the future, we'll ensure a satisfactory experience every step of the way.

Ed

Starr M.

Making Life Easier

Reviewed on 22/05/2020

Overall, I still believe this software will be of great benefit to my business.

Pros

I appreciate that I can have everything in one location. Contacts, email, calendar, etc. So nice to be able to track things better.

Cons

The email marketing feature needs to be updated so that you can use it as a newsletter. You should be able to load more than one video or link. In addition, when someone first begins using this feature, it can be very frustrating when a few bounce backs shuts you down and you have to contact administration to get the feature reactivated.

Response from Thryv

Hey Starr! Thanks for an insightful review. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the benefits of Thryv! While we're constantly working to improve our product, we love to hear our client's thoughts on the features they use. You can always call our On Demand team at 844-998-4798 for questions, feedback and comments on our software and its features! -Chandlor

Jerry S.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Thryv - takes care of all of your business needs

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

Thryv created our website and was able to link our landline phone to the software and covert messages left that were texts and send them to my cell. Also, the ability to self manage social campaigns is a great advantage. THE BEST FEATURE is COST of them managing my business on all website platforms for one price and no surprises.

Pros

Portability and transparency from a mobile or home landline. Can access leads easily and manage campaigns easily.

Cons

Occasionally, the password wouldn't work or it could have been newbie error;-(

Response from Thryv

Thank you, Jerry for the kind review. Please reach out to us if you ever need anything.

Brian W.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Great option for the multi-business owner

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

Pros

I love the ease of it, the CRM helps us stay connected to our clients and the team. The team behind the services like website design, walk-through at the beginning. The team continues to be in communication with you when ever help is needed.

I love the social media services that are included in one of the packages. Not having to worry about when the last time we posted on Instagram or Facebook is such a relief. Being able to have your business all over the Internet with a simple form is priceless. Thryv also helps the business stay on top of the website/social media reputation, which could be a huge challenge.

Cons

The one thing that I would love for Thryv to add to their services is a phone integration. It helps with tracking calls and interactions with clients and prospects. I believe that would round out their services quit nicely.

Response from Thryv

Hi Brian!
Thanks for the feedback! We're so happy to hear that Weeden Enterprise is enjoying Thryv! Let us know how we can further assist you. We're here to help! -Chandlor

Caitlyn A.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for a small business looking to grow!

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

Overall, I'm very happy with Thryv! It helps me come across as more professional, and I like that there are options to scale as my business grows

Pros

Thryv is easy to use and has a lot of the tools I needed for my small business. The scheduling tool and website help me to have a more professional presence.

Cons

Sometimes the app is slow to load, but overall I'm happy with my Thryv experience!

Response from Thryv

Hi Caitlyn, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that Thryv is meeting your business needs. It is important to make sure you have an online presence now more than ever, and we are glad that you have chosen us to help!

Thryv is constantly looking for ways to improve, and your feedback helps. We have a few things in the works for 2021. To stay up to date, feel free to leave a suggestion in your Thryv software, and you will get a notification of the latest news. - Gabe

Academy frame K.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Thryve review

Reviewed on 26/01/2019

Overall the experience has been okay. Our service manager has been awesome. CSR has taken the time to walk me through certain aspects of the product and has been working with us from the beginning. Before she came on board it was a stressful hassle to get the website looking how we wanted it. And it is frustrating when updates and fixes take a long time- like the current issues with AOL and Yahoo.

Pros

I like that the dashboard is fairly easy to navigate and that when I need to update the website I can do so fairly quickly. There are some very unique features. I like that we can put coupons and buttons directly into the website.

Cons

There is so much that the software can do that it is almost overwhelming. And there are some features that we just won't ever use. I really don't like when they have done software updates and major changes that they did not contact us to let us know that changes were coming and that we wouldn't be able to make changes. We update the website 2-3 times per month and this really messed up our program.

Brent H.

• Customer Support Software

It's like having an extra pair of hands!

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Pros

I use their system, at this time, for my Billing only. It is such a time saver when it comes to tracking down money on jobs that have billed. It is like having an extra employee.

Cons

There is nothing I like least about this software at this point. Additionally, I have nothing to compare it to. I will probably always use Thryv. Just too easy and I do not have the time to implement anything more involved than the ease of use that Thryv has to offer.

Response from Thryv

Hi Brent, thank you for making our day even better with your amazing review. If you ever need assistance, please call our 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798; our team is ready to assist! - Gabe

Jessica A.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

All in One

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

We to date have been uploading customer information and storing applicable documents. It's been so Easy to use and customize to your liking and or your businesses particular needs and if any doubts the Thryv team is always available. Great platform and Set-up

Pros

Starting from the introduction, to set-up and the ease of use Thryv has allowed us to finally go Paperless and communicate with customers effortlessly.

Cons

Integrating our old software which didn't allow to transfer customer database, so have to enter over 2000 customer manual. But everyone in Thryv was involved in trying to find a solution, at the end it's our system which didn't allow it. But we expect to be paperless within the year and doing monthly reports to add customers and documents.

Response from Thryv

Hi Jessica, we are excited to hear that your journey with Thryv has been great. We are sorry to hear that your previous software was not able to transfer over your client list, but you are correct, just chip away a little at a time, and before you know it, you will be communicating with all of your clients with ease. If you need assistance, please call into our free 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798. - Gabe

Christine W.

Review for Cameroon Kennels Web Page for dog kennel

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

Getting future clients and all existing clients to use this page. Unless I have to delete all information off of my face book business site and refer them directly to webpage by doing a main page picture of my webpage and just leave pictures on facebook and updates.

Pros

It looks easy to use but the problem is getting clients to use the service instead of continuing on facebook.

Cons

Yes it is hard to get custumers to go to this site.

Response from Thryv

Hi Christine, thank you for your review. We understand it can take some time for your clients to learn new methods. One suggestion I could offer is to place your website link to each of your posts. That way the link is more noticeable, and give them a call to action in each post.

For a scheduling example, "Are you ready to schedule your furry friend's relaxing stay? Click here for easy scheduling www.website.com !" This can start teaching them to go to the website rather than Facebook. For other methods, please call our Free 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798, our team can assist you! - Gabe

Charles M.

Charlie's Thryv Experience

Reviewed on 09/01/2020

The CRM I've purchased has freed up a lot of time for me to focus on helping my clients and spend less time figuring out how to get my name out there over the web.

Pros

The software is an extremely affordable way to take care of your bookkeeping, scheduling, and POC between clients.

Cons

I would like to see an email automation feature separate from the social media marketing package. I have no interest in letting an outside company take care of my social media but would love to be able to have an email campaign for my current clients.

Response from Thryv

Hi Charlie!
Thanks for the feedback! I've located your account in our system and a member of our Product Services team will be contacting you regarding email automation! If you have any other questions, let us know! -Chandlor

Steve L.
  • Industry: Publishing

THRYV Software

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Excellent.
They are the yardstick by which other back office software and the customer service experience should be rated.

Pros

The customer service and ease of use is nothing short of incredible!
I am proud to recommend this software to any small business owner who spends more time working in their business than working on their business.

Cons

Nothing. THRYV really is the best all around package for small business owners. Their customer service is excellent!

Response from Thryv

Hi Steve, thank you for this incredible review; we truly appreciate it! If you ever need any assistance, please call our 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798. Our team is available and ready to assist. - Gabe

Christopher H.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Life Changing

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Amazing customer service and responsiveness. Incredible return on my investment. Great technical support. This company has improved my business 500 percent and has helped to change my life.

Pros

The simplicity of the format and the manner in which the Thryv staff assisted me in getting acquainted with it.

Cons

There are no deficiencies or problems that I see.

Response from Thryv

Hi Christopher, thank you so much for this great review. It's exciting to hear that Thryv is helping you and your business run smoother. If you need assistance, please call our free 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798. Our team will be ready to assist. - Gabe

Jill K.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Review of Thrvv

Reviewed on 09/06/2019

Poor

Pros

Ease of use, flexible, websites look very professional

Cons

I am in the process of up dating my site. It has dragged on for several months with nothing to show for the elapsed time. Would like to finish it ASAP

Tim S.

Very poor customer service

Reviewed on 07/03/2021

Initial contact was great. By the time I was paid up and committed, communication went downhill extremely quick. I made contact with management and project managers, appointments were set up, a day or two prior to the appointment I would receive an email that they apologized for scheduling conflicts and that they would reschedule within 48 hours. I emailed and tried to reschedule and no response.
My recommendation is to explore other companies as I have now and am very happy with results and spending much less.

Pros

Did not have a chance that get to it. Management continuously cancelled appointments and did not call back to reschedule. After numerous attempts to reschedule by myself, I gave up.

Cons

Never had a chance to use it. Poor management and training.a

Response from Thryv

Hi Tim, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We pride ourselves on our customer service and take this very seriously. We regret that you did not get the high level we strive for and will be taking this feedback to be better. If you ever have any questions, please call our Free 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798. - Gabe

Susan H.
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

Thryv

Reviewed on 24/05/2020

Great!

Pros

Very easy to use for the most part. Much better than last product.

Cons

Unable to change posts or delete easily.

Response from Thryv

Hi Susan! Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you've been enjoying Thryv! If you're having issues with some features, please feel free to call 844-998-4798 or email [email protected] for assistance! We're here to help. -Chandlor