ResMan

Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Miranda
Miranda

Easy way to keep track of employee hours

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

Pros

I used to create weekly reports for my boss that listed our team's hours on each project. It was easy to select the project and dates to filter so I could export the information to Excel for the reports. It was also easy to keep track of the employee's PTO each week. Having this software allowed me to create the reports I needed within a matter of minutes.

Cons

I did not have any cons while using this software.

Response from ResMan

Hi Miranda. Thanks for your review! Those reports you mentioned are great and our reporting is getting even better. We have a whole team working on creating the visibility and accuracy that property managers expect.

Regards,
Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

Sara

ResMan Property Management software

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

ResMan is good software, it is very user friendly. The ResMan support staff is very professional and courteous. The training we received when we first implemented the software at our company was first rate. Overall I think that ResMan is great.

Pros

I've used many different property management software systems over the years and ResMan is one of the most user friendly. I think with minimal training someone could very easily use ResMan and intuitively figure out how it works and how to accomplish most tasks. I have used ResMan since June 2015. I know our company has asked ResMan to add features, customize reports, etc and the software support has been very good. Typically anytime we have a problem or find a glich with the functionality, ResMan support is quick to reach out to us and usually is also quick to offer a solution.

Cons

I have noticed that when ResMan runs an update or adds a feature or enhancement, there can be issues with the functionality of other unrelated features. My experience has been that those minor issues that I've encountered have been corrected very quickly and usually before I have the opportunity to report them. Also, I feel that while there are a great deal of available financial reports however the reports features aren't as in depth or as numerous as what you might find with other property management software.

Karen

Growing Painfully

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

I am very frustrated with the Affordable side of Resman. It takes a long time to get them to correct issues and often they do not get done. Some of their support staff are exceptional and others have no clue.

Pros

I like that Resman works well with offices that run multiple properties. It is easy to move from one property to the next and to move resident between properties. It also has a good selection of reports.

Cons

Resman does not handle many of the affordable property tasks very well. Doing recerts and renewals is very confusing and is not working the way it should. They don't seem to have a good grasp on the Affordable Housing needs. They are working to correct these, but it is a slow process.

Response from ResMan

Hi Karen,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As you know, we have grown from a small startup with almost no resources. Oftentimes, rapid growth comes with growing pains like the ones you mentioned. Over the past 9 months, we have made substantial investments in our affordable edition. Expect to see those improvements rolled out over the next 3 months. We worked with one of the largest providers of affordable housing to make the best available product and we're wrapping up that work now.

Furthermore, our growth has required additional staff for the customer success team and we have high expectations. My hope is that you're experiencing the tremendous team we have now, as well as those who are still getting up to speed.

I'm happy to connect offline and help however I can. Expect one of our customer success leaders to reach out soon. Thanks for choosing (and sticking with) ResMan.

--Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | [email protected]

Kate

Efficient, Effective and User Friendly

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

My experience with Res Man has been great! I have been using the software for roughly 4 years, it has been very intuitive and helpful.

Pros

Res Man offers user friendly functions that make even the most novice of user, feel like a pro. I love how easy the system is to navigate. I also enjoyed the multiple integration options to additional vendors and partners to expand the multilevel use of the platform.

Cons

I am not a large fan of the reporting layout. I do like the drilling in aspect on the reports that link you back to Res Man to research if needed. But, the combing through the reports on the report page us not friendly to the eyes and it is very easy to overlook something you need quickly when in a rush.

Mollie

Leading Management Software

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

From the initial implementation of my first property 7 years ago, to my most recent, ResMan works along side you and your team, keeping everyone on track to ensure the property is set up properly. We truly value this software, and highly recommend it to other management companies.

Pros

Having worked with other software, such as Yardi & OneSite, I am a firm believer that the very best software for the multi-family industry is ResMan! ResMan is extremely user friendly, easy to navigate, and the flow makes sense! The financial reports are excellent and meet the needs of my owners.

Cons

Overall, my experience has been very positive and I cannot think of a negative.

John

Great for Large Multifamily Property Managers

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

We used this software for about 6 months and switched. Onboarding was great. We were unique in that we had a lot of single-family properties and we had to make the software work for them but it was not meant for single-family and ultimately switched after 6 months.

Pros

The accounting function of this software was great. I was able to generate recurring bills monthly and automate many of monthly tasks. Onboarding was great, though costly, they had a great team get everything into their system and we had a great trainer come to our office and train the staff. No long term commitment, month to month pricing.

Cons

Even though it is not module based it is very similar to module-based software companies. You have to add the leasing vendor, a payment processor for tenants and collections integration. In all this software gets quite expensive very quickly. Not great software for commercial properties or single-family homes. They charge per property and cost starts to skyrocket.

Karina
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Honest Review from Township Apts

Reviewed on 13/03/2020

I have been using Resman for over 4 years and it has changed so many things for us on the operations of our property. It is so user friendly and training for new members has been an easier process.

Pros

The ease of using the software make our daily operations easier. The search bar is one of my favorite buttons, as well as being able to correct mistakes easily on ledgers.

Cons

What i like the least, is that many times the is really slow to load, especially towards the end of the business day.

Response from ResMan

Karina,

Thank you for your honest feedback. The quick search function is a lifesaver and we are glad to hear it is a favorite of yours.

Thanks Again,

Aaron Trujillo
ResMan | Marketing Director

Kayla
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Property Manager

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

Pros

The software is my best friend and easy to use not only on the computer but on my phone as well using google chrome or safari. The bulk text messaging, email, form letters, and much more. I am very pleased with the software in its entirety and can't wait to see what other enhancements are to come!

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about this software. It would be great to have a Resman app!

Marie
  • Industry: Accounting Software

An Accountant's Perspective

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

The best thing about Resman from our standpoint is the accounting functions. Other software companies on the market focus on managing tenants but lack proper accounting making us, as the accountants, use to QBO or Xero. Resman has solved that problem !

Pros

Our firm specializes in managing multi-family real estate properties for our customers. Resman is by far the most robust real estate software available, especially the multitude of reports that can be generated. It is a full service tenant management program along with a full service back-end accounting program.

Cons

The software is a bit pricey for smaller investors. We have also found implementation glitches when we are not involved directly with the clients implementation process.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan

Although Resman is considerable more expensive that other software, in the end the software does everything we needed in one package. No need to find work-arounds or us add-in apps to get both tenant management, property management, and accounting.

Response from ResMan

Marie,

We work hard to make sure we are on the leading edge of property management technology and accounting is at the core of what we do. Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We absolutely appreciate such positive feedback from an accounting professional.

Aaron Trujillo, Sr. Digital Marketing Manager

Ken

• Customer Support Software

Resman runs our entire business - great software

Reviewed on 10/08/2020

Excellent product

Excellent product

Created by operational people
Easily integrated with other software

Cons

Wish it was a little cheaper (don't we always)

Melissa
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

GREATNESS

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

I prefer it, I love it, I recommend it to all.

I prefer it, I love it, I recommend it to all.

Pros

Easy to use- you have more than one way to do all things for different learning patterns. Drill down features are amazing. Accounting side and Operation side work well with each other. Alot of the industry software has either a stronger front end or and amazing accounting. It is rare that you have a general good system on both sides.

Cons

Which experience a lot of glitches and I'm not sure if it due to all the integrations. We are always fixing links, " they are broken".
I wish it had a lock like Yardi on it- Which does not allow the leasing team to move forwarded with out collecting information. Resman- the main tab does not all the rest, we have to go back and manually enter.

Amber
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Resman Software

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

I use ResMan daily and overall it has been very helpful and easy to use. The customer support has been very helpful, and if I have had any questions or needed any help navigating the site, their customer support team have been great. I tend to use the chat option, and have always been able to get detailed instruction on how to solve any questions or issues I may have run into.

Pros

The ease of scanning invoices and paying them is a major plus. The ability to have the invoice stored in the system so if needed I can go to the vendor and view without having to search through my paper files is extremely helpful.

Cons

I do not like that when I post charges on the 25th of the month, and if for some reason need to change that charge or if it was posted in error, I cannot make the change until the 1st of the month. The wait list option in ResMan is of no use to me due to the fact that you cannot input a charge, we do a paid wait list. In order to post a charge and payment I have to input them as an Applicant.

Brittany

Best Property Management Software

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

This is the best property management software I have used. I would recommend them every time.

Pros

Very user friendly and the chat support feature

Cons

Notifications for messages within the system. Glitches with applications

ONEsite and Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Choosing ResMan

Appfoilio was not setup for our company and our needs

Reasons for Switching to ResMan

Mainly the text feature and the ease of use. I had a trial version and loved it.

Response from ResMan

Thanks for your support, Brittany! Our teams work hard to make ResMan the most user-friendly property management platform on the market, so thank you for the feedback.

Jillian

ResMan Review

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

Overall I would recommend ResMan to another company to implement. I would also like to continue to use this software in any future roles that I may take outside of the company I work for. It has been the most efficient and easy to use software that I have worked with.

Pros

I love how user friendly it is. The resident communication function should be an industry standard! The accounting software is very easy to follow and again, very user friendly.

Cons

On the setup side of things, there are some challenges understanding how to properly set things up. There are features that we don't need to use, but are required to use in some instances. An example being the online application process.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan

The functions that ResMan offered included all of the functions needed between the three options listed above.
Jeanne

• Customer Support Software

Poor support for complex program, Lots of features, big learning curve (even experienced...

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

Liked the client format and ability to gather & share info w/clients. Liked integration with Bluemoon leases.

Pros

Lots of features (ability to upload photos, pets info, vehicles, leases). Seems simple at first, until you begin adding data & its counter-intuitive. Does have wide variety of multiple Report choices. Nice format to send client emails, notices and statements.

Cons

Very long-learning curve (even for experienced managers); sell `ease of moving into their system, but it isnt easy and doesnt have a smooth transition (& havent heard of any of our peers who did either). support isnt available in evenings (when mgrs. often need help, as apt offices are very busy during day hours). Unresponsive to recommendations. Chat (during day) is not very quick (are friendly) and has to escalate issue (which may take several days of going back & forth before issue is resolved if it can be resolved. Posting collections affects NOI and bottom line greatly (many owners/mgrs. who are doing major rehabs in class b-c-d properties no longer even list collections (which used to warn future landlords about a resident) because it affects their bottom line so negatively in Resman. There's not a way to make some GL accts options (or to have as optional or line-item info in reports as has been requested). Vendor invoices dont lay out like industry standard. Initial settlement statements input (even if done by Resman) and security deposits can mess up your system for years. Corrected posting errors in banking info cannot be hidden but show up, making scrolling post those corrected errors very long and disjointed. We have many friends in MF industry and all report difficulty & complexity of Resman, but like some of their better features. It isnt user-friendly or simple. Can have complex integration w/other partners initially or until you have kinks worked out.

Response from ResMan

Jeanne, thanks for your review. Our goal was to offer a single end-to-end system for operators in the field that included everything you need to manage a portfolio of assets. We knew we were on the right track, and in particular our product's workflows, resident communications, and the reliability of our data and reporting have garnered kind reviews.

In the six months since you wrote this review, we have worked hard to grow and improve our customer success team, and our case management and resolution numbers are looking great these days. We know that there's always room for improvement, so we'll be rolling out new ways to learn how to use ResMan, including online training, in the coming months.

We're truly grateful for your business, and please reach out for help if you need anything.

--Dennis Behrman

Michelle
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Resman User Friendly - I Love It

Reviewed on 28/03/2023

Overall, Resman is the best bang for the buck, user friendly, two clicks and I have what I need. You can follow any transaction back to it's beginning OR check tenant accounts for proper postings. You can navigate very easy and account for everything from Purchase Orders to Closing Reports. An overall joy to use.

Pros

I like Resman because I only have to make 2 clicks and I'm viewing whatever I need to do my job. I have worked with other software and I still can't find a specific report without help. The bad part is that somebody told all the property management companies in my area that the others are better and now we can't find many that use Resman. PLEASE GET MARKETING BACK UP TO SELL THIS SOFTWARE. We need this in commercial too.

Cons

Customer service used to be better and instant, now it takes a couple of days to get a representative to reply BUT I still love Resman.

Response from ResMan

Thank you for your kind words about ResMan! We appreciate your feedback and are always continually working to improve the overall experience of our partners and users. Your support means a lot, and we're committed to serving you now and in the future!

Kerri

• Customer Support Software

Resman is like the "I can read" books

Reviewed on 11/09/2023

Overall, my managers are able to track everything they need daily utilizing the boardroom. No stone is left unturned and everyone knows where they stand and what is needed to meet their goals daily.

Pros

I like that this software is so simple and easy to use even for the non-accounting type person. I believe it has made those persons even stronger in their financial analytics.

Cons

I would like for all our outside applications to be integrated with Resman. It would be better for this to be a one stop shop without having to log into other apps. However, I do believe we will see this get better as the software evolves to allow the integration of the other useful applications we use.

Response from ResMan

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so happy to hear that our solution is easy to use and helps to enable you and your teams to be the best in their role. That's the goal! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to hopefully help improve future experiences. Thank you again for sharing with us and for the kind words! Have a wonderful day!

Diane

ResMan Rocks

Reviewed on 11/09/2023

I learned ResMan quickly. Easy access to rent posting, reports, and overall super!

Pros

ResMan is one of the best softwares I have ever used. Tech Support is very helpful as well.Great personality on the other side

Cons

None- I have not run across anything that ResMan tech support could not fix.

Response from ResMan

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so happy to hear that our team has been able to help and support you through onboarding with ResMan! That's the goal! Thank you for the kind words and I'll be sure to share with the team. We appreciate you sharing with us!

Alyssa

• Customer Support Software

Not expensive, but also not very user friendly

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

Pros

I like the prospect system, work orders, communication tracking, things like that.

Cons

The ledger & accounting system is the worst I have used. You really need to check the other rent management programs and see how easy they make it compared to this system. The simplest thing that normally I could figure out on my own always turned into an hour long call. 1/2 the time I am given the wrong answer when I call and am required to call back because they are wrong about how certain things work.

Response from ResMan

Hello Alyssa, thank you for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We appreciate you sharing your experience and insight with us! I'll be sure to share your feedback with the team to help improve your experience in the future.

Nancy

We Love ResMan

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Much more user friendly than other Property Management softwares I have used.

Much more user friendly than other Property Management softwares I have used.

Pros

Bill paying process, bank reconciliations, research, reports.

Cons

Any software change of this magnitude is difficult. But ResMan support was great!

Response from ResMan

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're very happy to hear that our user-friendly reporting and accounting features help you in your role, and that support has been responsive to you! That's the goal! Thank you again for sharing with us!

Viki

Will Never Use Another Software

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

I have been using Resman since it was in the beta stage. I love this software. It's easy for employees to learn and easy to maneuver through.

Pros

I love the ease of corrections when mistakes are made. There is every report you can imagine. You have at least 2 to 3 ways to get somewhere in ResMan or what you are looking for.

Cons

I wish there was a better built in Marketing platform. We could post ads from ResMan to Facebook, Craigslist and others. Some numbers on the Reports don't match which is frustrating.

Jennifer

Resman Review

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

We have been using Resman for the past 2 years and it is an amazing software. With Resman you have easy access, and user-friendly functions. The layout of the website is great and the navigation is easily understandable. You have hyperlinks from reports to residents, invoices, and transactions that are so convienent in checking any discrepancies. The conversion process is getting so much better from our first conversion to our latest conversion it was painless and fast and the customer service was proficient. The different communication methods from texting to emailing in bulk are so convenient for Property Managers.

Pros

There are so many great features in Resman it is hard to choose, the reports are great, the integration partners are so convenient and easy to set up. The software is so easy to navigate and you have an integrated calendar in which you can add an event and tag anyone in the company. The software also has a tasks bar to add daily, weekly and monthly tasks. There are still many great features provided.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is the ledgers which could sometimes be a little tricky for personnel to understand.

Justin

26 units

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

For the price and how many units I managed ResMan is a great valued service. It has tons of potential but at the same time its internal software logic is frustrating to use.

Pros

This software has the ability to work with almost any need or business. I have been with ResMan for almost 2 years and during that time they and improved the user interface a lot.

Cons

The instructional videos are lacking. The compatibility of ResMan and its services are frustrating at times. Adding a screening company to process applications took about 3 months to get functional. ResMan has a great dash board concept but any time I do anything more then surface deep its internal process is annoying. example: Moving out a tenant is extremely confusing. I had to write myself a cheat sheet with 10 different steps I have to do, to fully process a move out. And the steps are all located in different spots with in ResmMan. I would think a normal repeating operation should be a bit more streamlined.

Response from ResMan

Justin,
Thanks for your review. I'd like to get you connected with a customer success manager ¿ live, not through email or chat ¿ so that we can help you get a smoother ResMan experience. Shoot me an email with your contact information. -- Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | [email protected]

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Excellent for SMB's not enterprise ready

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

We have been using ResMan for a couple of Affordable communities and have enjoyed the ease of use and the layout of the affordable module. We are a larger organization and though it is an excellent product that I would recommend to those in the SMB market or new to property management, it is not quite what I would consider a competitor for enterprise systems, like Yardi Voyager, but better than Realpage OneSite. If you are looking for something robust and engaging for your communities then I would give ResMan chance. If you are looking for something with a stronger emphasis on accounting, investment management, and customization then you might want to consider other options.

Pros

The software has a strong focus on the resident and operations of the community. The layout is simple and easy to understand. Good PM and resident accounting.

Cons

The accounting side is not quite there for investment management, ownership, or advanced enterprise level accounting. The options to customize or create custom reports is difficult and a large learning curve for non-technical users.

Response from ResMan

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for being a loyal customer. We are happy to hear that ResMan has made managing your Affordable communities much simpler. We are also very excited about where we are headed in terms of our accounting and reporting features. Stay tuned. In the meantime, if you need additional assistance or help reaching a specific goal, reach out to me and I can get you connected with our support team.

--Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | [email protected]

Robby

Fantastic Integration

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

Pros

This Property Management Software is fully integrated. Rarely does it push us into affiliate softwares that talk with each other. The seamless integration is so important because it increases reliability and reduces systematic errors.

I also love the philosophy of minimizing the number of clicks!!!

Cons

I would love to be able to categorize our vendors (e.g., painting, flooring, tax professionals, etc.) so that our users may easily search for alternative vendors in the same category.