Iris Works

Photography studio management solution

4.6 /5 (231 reviews) Write a Review!

Kirstie B.

Highly Recommend !

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Saves me a lot of time by doing things automatically. It was pretty easy to learn. A lot of people I know use HoneyBooks and I briefly had a free trial and absolutely hated it and could not figure out how to work it. IrisWorks was much easier!!

Pros

Loved that this is catered specifically to photographers. I LOVE the workflows so I don't have to remember to send all of those emails myself!

Cons

At first I wasn't loving that the invoice and contract were separate. My other program had them all in one location so the client could see all of it. Also, I wish there was a client log in part where they had access to all of their info so they didn't have to email me and have me look it up each and every time.

Ann A.

• Customer Support Software

Iris Works has helped me tremendously with my daily tasks in managing, scheduling and...

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

I safe a lot of time with scheduled tasks in my day to day client management

Pros

It's a very simple but powerful user interface and the tasks it can perform are easy to understand and edit for on personal preference.

Cons

There are a few fields of client management that this software doesn't cover just yet, although they are constantly adding new features.

Twyla P.

• Customer Support Software

Iris Works really Works! The best client manager I could hope for.

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Client manager and automatic workflows with email and calendar intergation.

Pros

I love that it connects to my calendar so I can keep up with what's happening while managing in one location. I also love the workflows and pre written emails that helped me use it immediately.

Cons

There isn't an app yet. Sadly and not necessarily sadly, most of my working happens on my phone, I send invoices from my phone and get inquiries when I'm not near my office and sending contracts and print permissions on the go from Iris isn't always doable from the phone browser.

Deena H.

Iris keeps us organized

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

Invoices and contracts. Ease of sending these. Dashboard, to do lists, easily get my total sales for taxes

Cons

We'd like an app, the calendar is glitchy, anytime I hit a client's name from anywhere I'd like to be taken to their details

Carine R.

Great Program!

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Pros

I absolutely love the automated emails that Iris Works offers. When I photograph a newborn, I have emails set up in my workflow that will automatically send a reminder for a sitter session and cake smash session. It is a life saver!

Cons

It was a bit confusing to figure out how to use all the features. It took me a month or so to really feel like I understood how to work it to my full advantage.

Elizabeth M.

• Customer Support Software

It's helped me stay organize and manage the essential functions of my buisness

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how professional it looks to my clients. I also like that it's a Mobil friendly site.

Cons

It could have some more functionality. It needs more metrics, more tax reporting, maybe a calendaring feature for. Lienta to see availability.

Kristin R.

• Customer Support Software

Great management platform for photographers

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Email and client management with iris has changed the way I monitor my business - it’s great

Pros

I’m a small business and it’s an easy way to keep track of client records.

Cons

Certain features I’d really like aren’t available yet but the team works hard and constantly adds new features so I’m hopeful.

Leedell R.

• Customer Support Software

Very easy to use. Could make better use of user suggestions.

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

Pros

Very easy to use. Staff are very helpful if help is required. Saves me tons of time everyday doing tasks that would take up far to much of my time.

Cons

Developers should implement changes faster. Changes seem to take several months. They should also address feature requests that are highly requested.

Allison P.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Pretty good

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

Iris Works solves my need for workflows and consistency with clients, and for that I'm very happy. I know that they continue to work on the product and it continues to evolve for the better, and I'm glad to be along for the ride.

Pros

The workflows, once you set them up, are handy and keep me organized, and the email templates are very useful for making sure I send the right information to each client. I also really like the integration with shootproof, which automatically creates a new gallery in SP when you create a new client in IW. That is extremely helpful.

Cons

There's not as much flexibility as I'd like with some of the features, like the lead capture contact form, for example. I also had several issues with the contract feature this year as well, with clients not being able to sign the contract ahead of time. We had to take time before each session so I could walk through the signing process with them in person. It made for an awkward experience each time. I finally wrote contract signing instructions and put them in an accompanying email.

Michele Q.

• Customer Support Software

I've really enjoyed having iris works, it's definitely helped with my sanity.

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and it's not overly complicated. Learning the system was a piece of cake.

Cons

I'm finding out though that it doesn't do everything I would like it to do that I see other platforms implementing already. My biggest con would be the workflow triggers. I would like something to trigger say after contract is signed as opposed to so many days before session. That's too generic. Plus the lead form doesn't match my style on my website. I'd like to be able to brand it to me not Iris.

Megan M.

Organized my activities

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

I’m a very organized person but I was almost too organized- too many paper lists, too many files. This keeps everything in one place for me

Pros

Everything is in one place. I love the automated features. Once I set my workflow everything is taken care if for me for the most part

Cons

Nothing really. There were a few features I wanted when i first signed up but now those have been implemented

Jessica H.

• Customer Support Software

I have loved using IRIS to keep all my clients and emails organized.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

Keeping everything organized in one location. I also like being able to keep track of invoices and send them through IRIS.

Cons

Would love to be able to use IRIS to schedule sessions (mini sessions) and have them pay for deposits.

Liliana M.

• Customer Support Software

I could not picture my business without Iris! I love that its so easy to navigate!

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

It was easy to use and very helpful

Pros

I love that I can easily automate messages and emails for my sessions and automate so much of my workflow. It makes my daily tasks so much easier to handle plus I love that it tracks tasks and my calendar!

Cons

I wish it was linked to Quickbooks so that I can take deposits there I still have to send invoices though quickbooks and I just wish it would be linked to my account.

Marsha P.

• Customer Support Software

I love how Iris has streamlined my booking process & made communications with my clients...

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

I love the ease of sending contracts, what to wear guides and questionnaires. My communications are efficient, consistent and professional.

Cons

I wish it integrated to Quickbooks Canada as it does for Quick Books USA users to enhance my business efficiencies.

Melissa P.

• Customer Support Software

I absolutely love iris works! It is user friendly and helps me run my business seamlessly.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

The reminders! I love that I can email contracts and clients can sign electronically. I also love the automated emails we create for each specific workflow.

Cons

No cons . Everything is perfect! I love everything! I can't think of anything I don't like, to be honest.

Jessica N.

• Customer Support Software

So far so good! It has a small learning curve but once I worked with it for a couple days,

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

I like it's client profile organization. I can easily see my client's info from anywhere. When I'm out and about, I can pull it up on my phone. It's much easier than using a paper contract or profile sheet

Cons

I don't like that when a contract is automated, the date does not fill in with the year, so I have to go in and manually put in the year myself. I have a lot of wedding clients and it can make things difficult if I forget to put the year since I book weddings years in advance

Kellyn W.

Game changing

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

creates a seamless workflow that looks professional when sent to my clients!

Pros

Iris Works has saved my time and my sanity! Before Iris Works I was managing multiple software accounts for my business. I was spending so much time on the computer sending emails and less time doing the job that I love! Now, all the programs I used to manage separately are in one place! My favorite feature of Iris Works is their automation of workflow. I can now send my emails to my clients automatically. Taking this time sensitive piece out of my workflow has been a game changer for my business!

Cons

Create the ability to directly send a questionnaire to a client without having to add it to an email template.

Amanda K.

• Customer Support Software

I love Iris Works. It's easy to use, user-friendly and I love the questionnaire feature.

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Pros

Easy to use, has questionnaires, you know when some has read a contract and sending invoices are simple.

Cons

I really don't have a con(s) about this software, but what I would really like it if I could send line item invoices showing, reservation fee paid and the new balance owing. Or if someone is on a payment plan having automated invoices generated in which also shows past payments with the new balance owing.

Another thing I really would like if after a session I could send out a review of services to a client to ask who they enjoyed their experience.

Cynthia D.

• Customer Support Software

I can't say enough about this software! It's been a lifesaver!

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

I truly needed this software, and now I feel streamlined and ready to concentrate on editing...

Pros

I was a full -time legal secretary / photographer working 80 plus hours a week and there was no way to keep up until I discovered IRIS Works. I thought I was going to have to hire someone to work my back office and now it run's itself.

Cons

techincal support needs call in number. Hands-on terminal support needed

• Customer Support Software

Great workflow experience. Still need to tweak certain features.

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Client information, good calendar and location software. Organization.

Pros

Professional look to the emails and invoices. I like the saved email templates and workflows. It saves so much time and headaches! Storing all the activity in a timeline is great too.

Cons

You can't write an email without having to draft a template, so it's more difficult to send quick correspondence. Sending auto emails is confusing when they are sent out. It would be nice to have a confirmation email or a blind carbon copy sent to us so that I can verify the email has been sent. The annual subscription is excessively expensive. No accounting software, only invoicing.

• Customer Support Software

I didn't have a client management software before Iris Works, making this step has been...

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

I like that is it easy to use, didn't take too long to set up and is made specifically for my industry. My favorite features are the email templates and workflow by session type, along with the automated emails. I have saved SO much time and effort by automating things and my clients have praised me level of communication.

Cons

The software is pretty simple and there are some basic features missing, like being able to sort client list alphabetically, or being able to click the assigned client in the to-do list and going right to their profile. Also, it seems like it takes a long time for them to roll out new features and fixes to common requests.

Kristin H.

Great client management system

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Overall my experience with Iris Works has been very positive! It has made contacting clients so much easier with the automated workflow systems and I get contracts back from my clients so much faster than emailing them a .pdf! They all love that they can e-sign on their phone. I think it makes me look much more professional.

Pros

Iris is super easy to use and good value for what you pay. I like that all of the automatic emails and workflows are customizable. The automated email system works great and saves me so much time!

Cons

I wish that the system came with a more mobile-friendly app. I like that I can access my online account on my phone, but it can be cumbersome to use and I think if there was an app specifically designed for using on your mobile phone it would make using the system on my mobile phone so much easier.

Erin T.

• Customer Support Software

Time saver and business organizer!

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Pros

There are many features that I love about Iris however, my three favorites are the scheduled emails! I love knowing that my clients will get the email reminders prior to their session. I can schedule Multiple emails to go out at various different times to get them thinking, planning and getting ready for their session. I also love the customizable questioner that you can send to your clients- I love how it keeps them organized with the client so I can see when and if they have completed them. Lastly, I love the adding attachments feature to the custom emails! Makes it very professional and concise!

Cons

I wish there was a scheduling calendar option that clients to see what availability I have, then book on that!

Shelby W.

Easy to Use Studio Management Software

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

Love keeping my clients all in once spot and organized. It helps me know what is coming up on my dashboard. I use it for my invoices and they are processed through Square! That is so nice and makes that process very streamlined for me.

Pros

Iris Works was so easy to set up and start using right away. I use it to track my clients information, invoices, products and schedule. I love that you can send attachments, contracts and invoices to my clients. I can set up email templates and then go back and use it again and again. Love the value!

Cons

I wish the lead default did not pop up when I go to my clients...I wish it showed only my active clients right away. I also wish it had a wall display configuration, but for the ease of use and set up there is a wonderful value. I wish it also had a place to put expenses so you can track both income and expenses. Right now, it is income only, but it does integrate with Quickbooks.

Deirdre L.

• Customer Support Software

I love using Iris. I shopped around at Imaging USA and tried a few different ones out, but...

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Way more streamlined studio management! Invoicing capability, scheduling, client forms, contracts, etc. Too many to remember.

Pros

It's ease of use. It is incredibly user friendly. I love that I can have client leads automatically entered into my client data base. It saves so much time. I love that they are always updating it and trying to improve it and make it even more amazing than it already is. Their customer support is also very good.

Cons

I wish that I could do partial payment options on invoices; that way I don't have to do a new invoice for payment plans, and could just send out a reminder email or something. I also wish they would have an app; I don't know why, but I feel like apps are easier to work with than websites on my phone or tablet, even though it is a responsive website.