Iris Works

Photography studio management solution

4.6 /5 (231 reviews) Write a Review!

Meghan M.
  • Industry: Photography

I am ready to leave and go to another service.

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Organization of my client information. Automated emails.

Pros

The way my client information is organized and accessible. I like the automated emails. I like the client questionnaires.

Cons

*No automated invoicing as part of the workflow. This seems like a no-brainer. If I want a studio software to do all the work for me- invoicing is part of that work!
*The way that inquiries are displayed(hate that I have to "make them a client" in order to unbold them from the clients portal. Inquiries get lost because they are not marked as "answered" in the client portal.
*I hate that I have to create an entire workflow just to send client a contract. If I need to send them a different contract that the one in the normal workflow I have to build an entirely new workflow to send it to them. I hate that I can't send them a workflow with a slightly changed contract. For example- I have a wide variety of mini-session pricing depending on the time of year and type of mini-session. The pricing is really the only thing that changes on the contract. Yet, I have to build an entirely new workflow every time I set up a different mini-session pricing. Why can't I just be allowed to adjust the price in the contract when I go to send a workflow?
*I wish there was an easier way to see what clients have actually completed their workflow without having to individually go in to each client's page and click around. I often have mini-sessions with 14 families in one day. I can see them all on my calendar in the portal but there is no easy way to see all of them in list form and see what contracts and questionnaires have or have not been filled out for the day.
SO MUCH MORE!

Response from Iris Works

Hi Meghan -

I'm sorry to hear your disappointment with our system and our capabilities. I'd like to address a few concerns. You are definitely able to modify a contract, and do not need to create a new workflow in order to send a contract. You can manually send a contract, modifying it before sending.

I completely understand your concern and frustration with no automated invoicing. We are in the process of adding this capability.

And lastly, the frustration you have with not being able to see all completed/not-completed questionnaires and contracts is a shared frustration. Our team is already mapping out a solution to this.

I hope you'll give us a chance to address some of your concerns!

Michael S.

• Customer Support Software

A must have for ANY photographer!

Reviewed on 14/01/2019

Bottom line, Iris Works saves me time! Once you get everything set up it makes servicing clients a breeze. That's important because I can focus more on creating and less on processes.

Pros

Iris Works takes the hassle out of many of the day to day operations for my business. I like being able to quickly enter clients, send them important information about setting up their shoot and how easy it is for clients to pick a date and book their shoot. Additionally - and most importantly - Iris Works EXCELS at providing stellar customer support and they are keen on listening to feedback and implementing improvements to their offering. Seriously, you simply can't go wrong by choosing Iris Works Software!

Cons

If I had to be picky, I'd say that their lead page could use a refresh and be more customizable. Also, applying more customization to forms and invoices overall.

Stephanie B.

• Customer Support Software

I use Iris works for every session I book it makes my life so much easier!

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

less thinking more time for family and getting work done such as photographing and editing.

Pros

I like that I can keep information about my clients and that I can set it up so that it automatically reminds my clients of their sessions so that i don't have to and I have had less people not show up for their sessions. It makes it easy to keep track of things I need to get done for each session.

Cons

the only thing that I don't like is that there isnt an app or anything for it its all on a website I would love it that much more if It was directly on my desktop and phone and easier to access.

Amber S.

• Customer Support Software

It has been a life saver.

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

It made my life much easier in getting clients started with each session.

Pros

It's very user friendly. It didn't take long for me to figure out how to set everything up and get started.

Cons

I really wish I could do invoicing a little differently. I have to create two invoices for everyone since I do a retainer and then the rest due a couple of days prior to session.

Jenny R.

• Customer Support Software

Iris has automated a ton of my typical workflow and helped me stay organized.

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Organization and saving time through by automating my workflow.

Pros

I like how I can easily keep track of a workflow and communication for each of my clients. It's easy to use and saves me a bunch of time.

Cons

I really don't have too many complaints. I feel like it's a bit expensive, but not so much that it's not worth the time it saves me.

Hasan S.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

Managing studio made way easier.

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

I was happy using Iris Works. It made studio management really easy.

Pros

User friendly UI. Time saving really. Automated client leads saves up a lot of time. Constantly being updated and improved.

Cons

If there was an option to include a reminder email to invoices I think that would've been great. Website is not that great compared to the app.

Amanda B.

Helpful for the Part Time Photographer

Reviewed on 19/01/2019

I have more time to focus on my growth as a photographer, I can scout new locations, gather information on a potential client, send simple reminders, and even quicker "thank you - emails". I have the ability to be more professional with my clients, without sacrificing time with my family. Iris Works has allowed me to stay part time, while still being professional and to book the clients I have always wanted.

Pros

This software allows me to have a running to-do list and send contracts, and invoices with ease. Before I was creating and sending (and often making mistakes due to rushing) after my full time job as a teacher. Now, with the help of templates I can book brides, seniors, newborns with a few clicks.

Also, when I first toyed with the idea of using this software I wanted to see how my clients would interact with it first. So during my time at The Reset Conference the gentleman working the booth for Iris made a fake account and let me see emails, invoices and questionnaires as if I were the client. I was sold!

Cons

Moving into a new system is hard. I found myself staying up late for about 2 weeks, during my offseason and making templates, workflows, and just getting my "studio" ready. This took time, but was so worth it in the end. I also still with the invoices would let us require partial payments (much like PayPal) but I have been told they are working on it.

Melissa A.

• Customer Support Software

Exceptional customer service. There are a few things I would improve on.

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Client notes and email automation. I think it would be extremely beneficial if they had one on one with someone that shoots what you shoot when you do set it up because it can be confusing. The videos do help, but they aren't specific for certain photographers. I only accept 4-8 newborn sessions a month and when I go to book a client I have to put their due date in as a tentative holding spot and then move it around when we book the session.

Pros

I love that it offers automated emails and the client notes are very handy! The customer service is exceptional and I can't say enough about that.

Cons

However, I wish there was a way to make a custom invoice for gift cards or other things that aren't on the "menu". I wish there was a way you could send reminders every 24-48 hours if they don't pay/read the emails/fill out the questionnaires. I also have had issues with it hiding in my client's spam folders so I always have to mention that it's coming from my client portal and then they ask me what the email it will be coming from and it can be a bit of a hassle. I wish there was a way to set up a payment plan or allow a partial payment as well.

Jennifer T.

• Customer Support Software

This makes my life so much easier!

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Pros

The exceptional customer service is what really sold me on the software. Anytime you start working wiht something new - there is a learning curve. The people at Iris Works are always available, helpful and super friendly when one needs help. The speed at which a request for an option was put into reality was mind-boggling. I always recommend this software whenever a colleague is asking for studio management software. Everything is together, invoicing, contracts, contacts, questionnaires. And it's so easy to use.

Cons

I still have to search for items like my billing cycle or the last invoice from Iris works to me, when does my contract expire.... When I find it - I understand why it is where it is, I just have trouble finding it in the first place. I guess because I don't need it very often.... ;-)

Mary B.

• Customer Support Software

Iris Works has been the best decision I have made since starting my business.

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Pros

The booking features including work flow, questionnaires and contracts. The business side of my business has never been so easy. I feel like I can stay on top of tasks without anything slipping through my fingers under the radar. Totally game changer.

Cons

I still haven't figured out invoicing through Iris but that's probably user error and lack of trying. I also haven't used the goals metrics yet. Overall I'm very happy with everything Iris has to offer!

Jamie B.

Why I Chose IrisWorks

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

I love iris works. I did free trials fot many different programs and iris works is the easiest, most cohesive option.

Pros

I like that iris works is all in one. It keeps almost all of my client info/buisness info in one place. Easy to use, and everything is branded with my company logo, so it all looks so professional and cohesive. I also LOVE the new booking feature.

Cons

I wish it integrated more with shootproof for galleries, or had its own galleries to use so it would truly be all in one. It connects clients to galleries, but not to any purchases the client makes through those galleries. If this could be done, and maybe also add in a section like quickbooks for tax purposes omg it would be absolutely the perfect software. I would pay more.

Lee B.

• Customer Support Software

So much value for the money!!

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

Pros

Everything is super user friendly. Setting up all of your forms, emails, contracts, etc is so simple and easy to do. You can save it and hop back to it later if you need to. It literally only took me one evening to get everything up and going. I had to email customer service for something and they almost immediately replied and was super helpful. The new booking feature is a God send!! Seriously love this new feature!

Cons

My only real suggestion for improvement would be able to see all of my projects in one place. I feel a little blind sided on having access to what I have scheduled other than having to search through my calendar. This would really be the icing on the cake for me!

Breein P.

• Customer Support Software

I love how much easier it makes my life

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

Contracts, client info, I like that I can send questionnaires and then easily refer back to the questionnaire before the session to make sure there isn't anything I'm missing.

Cons

I wish there was a better app process as well as emailing clients without using a specific session, just if I need to send them a quick email or if I wanted to email ALL my clients about a sale.

Lisa B.

Iris Works review

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

I have been so much more organized with iris works. It's such a great way for multiple employees to find information they need.

Pros

I love the ease of figuring out how to set up. The invoices are very simple and easy to compose. The price is very affordable.

Cons

Because there's multiple people using this I wish there were ways to assign to do's or have different lists. I wish we could email multiple clients at once because I have groups of clients that need the same email at once.

Ashley H.

Overall Worth It

Reviewed on 23/05/2018

It's been really helpful as I've tried to get more organized with my business.

Pros

Great community and support. They always get back to me within a couple of hours and they always give you an actual answer.

Cons

Not enough features. Lack of communication about features and when they are supposed to be released.

Kysha W.

• Customer Support Software

I have not had any trouble with the software, it is easy to use and affordable!

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Pros

I love the contract and the different forms that you can create for your clients. This is one of the main reasons I'm selecting this software, the clients information and contract is all in one area.

Cons

I wish there was an app for the program to access quickly. The app would allow me to sign up clients on the spot instead trying to navigate on a small screen like my phone.

Krysthol D.

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

I like that I can go back and see all of the history I have with a client. I like that when emails or other documents go out, Iris saves and tracks all of that information.

Pros

I like that I can go to one place for all of my needs.

Cons

It isn't intuitive - some of the functions are difficult to figure out. I wish making a workflow was more streamlined and easier. I wish I could use workflows but I can't because I have to add my client's name to the emails and contracts that go out, and there isn't a way to edit that information when using workflows (not that I could figure out anyway). I guess I like a lot of the functions, but they just aren't there yet. There are lots of bugs that I've run into, and I just wish it was easier to use. Right now when a client books with me, I have to schedule the appointment in my calendar. Then I have to send them a thank you for booking email, contract, and invoice. And all of these are separate steps. It takes me too long to do what should be a quick, simple thing.

Ashley B.

• Customer Support Software

Iris-Works has changed my business for the better. I am not organized and it runs flawlessly.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

I love that it sends out atuomatic emails to clients. It saves me time, valuable time I need to do other things.

Cons

I cant think of anything. Well I do wish there was a place we could put expenses, like receipts for my accountant end of year. I do know they work with Quickbooks but I dislike that program.

Tara nichole P.

• Customer Support Software

Iris Works makes running my own business easier everyday

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

Pros

I love that most of my client contact is in one place: invoices/sent messages/contracts/questionnaire results

Cons

I have waited over a year for multiple payments on an invoice and haven't seen that yet. It creates more paperwork and is sometimes confusing for clients getting numerous invoices for one session.

Dave M.

Still growing! :D

Reviewed on 07/01/2019

Pros

I love all the recent added features, especially booking! Adding workflows to booking is awesome and has made our life so much easier. Overall, it's a great product and easy to use.

Cons

The only thing I would like is to have a link back to a client's info from the calendar.

Emily B.

• Customer Support Software

Iris has been great for client communication! Automated emails, work flows, and contracts etc.

Reviewed on 20/05/2018

Pros

Workflow, automated emails, contracts, and client tracking are among the best features. Also, invoicing is good.

Cons

There are several features I feel iris is lacking. A booking feature was to be added when I joined almost 2 years ago but still hasn't been added.

Bridgette W.

• Customer Support Software

AMAZING! This system has changed my business completely! It has changed my day to day life!

Reviewed on 28/05/2018

Keeping me organized

Pros

It's so easy to stay organized now! And my clients get their information now! It's a win all around

Cons

The only problem I've ever had is with the goal numbers, I just couldn't get it to work! But, it hasn't been a game changer or anything

Kym W.

• Customer Support Software

Iris works transformed the backend of my business!! Forever grateful!

Reviewed on 19/05/2018

Pros

Customer Service is exceptional. Iris Works has streamlined my workflow. I am more organized with Iris Works!

Cons

I wish I could control the fonts and have a more customizable layout and design for documents, questionnaires, forms and invoices.

Zach H.

• Customer Support Software

Iris Works is a game changer for photographers. Period.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

Saves me so much time and sanity. Helped me save money on printing contracts which pays for the membership alone! Sending automatic emails is the best feature. No better way to impress your clients.

Cons

Not much to complain about. I know there is still room for more features which I am excited for. I personally have gotten behind on the check list of items. Waaaaay behind. I wish there was a select all option to delete them so I could start over. Also, push notifications for my Mac would be awesome when I need to complete something. This is a fantastic product. Sky is the limit.

Trish F.

• Customer Support Software

Iris works is so user friendly! The automated emails is like having a personal assistant!

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

The automated emails are amazing!!! I love not having to confirm my own appointments and I can send invoices instantly!

Cons

I wish there was a way to see what income I made month to month. The book keeping end could use a revamp.