Iris Works

Photography studio management solution

4.6 /5 (231 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.5
4.2
4.5
4.8
Aimee M.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

Customer service is always fantastic. They’re always making improvements to the software AND adding new partners. Spend the money and take your business to the next level.

Pros

What’s not to like??? I couldn’t function without Iris!!! I can manage my shoot schedule, communications, online galleries & invoicing all in one place. It easily connects to my iCalendar, Shootproof, & Square! Email templates and automated workflows save me so much time.

Cons

The only downside is the initial set-up; it does take some time to get all the existing client information entered. That would be a downside to implementing any client management system, not just Iris.

Ebony F.

A GAME CHANGER!

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

This software is efficient and very well thought out. It is perfect for almost anyone in our opinion, specifically the everyday visual artist/photographer. We have used Iris-Works for over a year and wouldn't trade it for any other. Not to mention, the customer service is AMAZING.

Cons

No negatives. They're always updating and upgrading. Every time we write and give feedback they are so quick and efficient about rolling it out. Love it!

Cadence M.
Company size: Self Employed

Can't imagine my business without it!

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Signing up with Iris Works is like hiring an office assistant for less than $30 a month. It does my scheduling, my emails, my reminders, my thank yous, my invoices, my contracts, keeps all my client data organized, etc. Saves me a good 6 hours of work each week. I can't imagine my business without it now!

Pros

It's such a time saver and it keeps me organized! My clients appreciate the prompt and reliable communication from the automated emails.

Cons

It's ALMOST fully customizable. Almost, but not quite. If it were fully customizable to my own personal needs, I would have zero complaints at all!

Niki J.

Great start....

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Pros

It's easy to use- makes sense in my brain. Other softwares were just too difficult to figure out how to use.

Cons

I'd like to be able to send an email through Iris without having to "generate" one. I like to keep track of all correspondence with our clients through the software.

My biggest complaint is NEEDING AN APP! PLEASE!!!!! Yes, I can log in from a browser on my phone, but its such a pain!

A way for our clients to schedule themselves online would be awesome as well as a way for them to pay for their appointment without us having to send an invoice. For example, Ms. Smith would like to book herself Monday at 4:00 pm for a headshot session. Deposit the amount. Payment has to be made then before she can complete her booking.

Because of these major items, I'm looking at other studio software that would allow us to do all these things.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Company size: Self Employed

Best studio software out there!

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Pros

I like how the software keeps me ahead of the game, on top of tasks and payments and makes it look like I have everything together when presented to my clients.

Cons

I really didn't like setting up the software but it was actually really easy. There are tutorials walking you through everything you need to do, a live chat option for questions and a Facebook group for instant access to updates and helpful hints. I think there is a paid version where someone can set it up for you which would be helpful if you have the money. I am just stubborn and wanted to do it myself.

Kristina I.

Makes my business SO much easier to run!

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Pros

I love every single feature, I love that I can see how much income I brought in last year so I can see how I'm doing this current year in relation. I love the invoicing, and how easy my workflow is!

Cons

That clients can't make payments toward a lump sum. So if a wedding client wants to pay off part of their balance I have to send an invoice for that exact amount instead of letting them pay what they want as they go.

Shannon B.

My experience has been amazing! Iris is easy to use and easily customizable for my business.

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Pros

I like the ease of creating email templates and attaching documents. Creating products and pricing is great! The customer support is fantastic.

Cons

I would like to assign a category to my clients (ie Senior, Family, Wedding) so that I can more easily send group emails. Maybe there is a way to do this and I just haven't figured it out. I'm intrigued by the addition or incorporation of a scheduling app into the program.

Caitlin O.

I like the overall ease of use. Everything is very user friendly.

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Pros

I like the quickbooks integration. I can have my iris works side and integrate everything with a simple click of a button and still keep everything separated.

Cons

I do not like how you cannot add payment plans to customer invoices. There should be a way you can go in and make a payment plan without having to make multiple invoices or submitting a payment, taking away the payment for the next payment, etc.

Jessica H.

IRIS works is great!!

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

I have been using IRIS works as my client/session management software for over 2 years now. It has helped me simplify my workflow and has saved me hours of work/time. I love having everything in one spot and being able to go back to review my client forms and emails.

Pros

Ease of use and having all my client/session information in one location.

Cons

I wish that more additional features (mini session scheduling) would be added at no extra cost.

Lindsey T.
Company size: Self Employed

Easy to use and always able to get help when I need it.

Reviewed on 19/05/2018

Pros

The fact that I can check into it anywhere from any computer. I can add new clients so easily and refer back to them as needed over time!

Cons

I wish that the questionnaires allowed you to create unique email templates per each questionnaire instead of one generic email. It's very time consuming to have to go in and tweak each one depending on the questionnaire.

Erika P.

Love Iris Works!

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

It's easy to use and looks so professional. Any time I've needed extra help, they've gone above and beyond.

Cons

Honestly, things that were a connhave been revised and I'm currently 100% satisfied. Email use and ease of use were an issue and limited at times. Those issues have been upgraded.

Rachelle R.

Huge time saver

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Pros

The ease of invoicing, sending, taking payments, and keeping client info organized is so worth the cost of this subscription.

Cons

I would love to see a phone app, so you can stay logged in. Or log in with the thumbprint.

Meagan B.

Use Iris for my photography business

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Pros

Helps keep me organized, automated workflows and I love how professional it makes me look for my clients

Cons

Slow to release new features. Wish there was a booking feature, or at least a time line of when we might see it!

Beth K.

Everything I was looking for

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Iris helps me keep everything part of my business organized and automated. It saves me lots of time.

Pros

I was looking for software that did, booking, invoicing, photo galleries and workflow with email automation. Iris was the only software with everything.

Cons

I find the site a bit unfriendly but it doesn’t take much time to get used to. I wish that there was an online customer service to chat with also.

Response from Iris Works

Hi Beth! Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you found what you're looking for with Iris.
Also, we do have an online chat option you can use any time - just click the chat icon in the bottom right corner of Iris to get connected!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Erica S.

IrisWorks is great for organizing workflows, emails, contracts, and invoices - all in one place!

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

You can do soooo much in one place! Interface with Stripe and PayPal for invoices, upload contracts, set up questionnaires. It's really simplified my life in so many ways!

Cons

I would love if it had a scheduling feature - allowing clients to see available dates and choose them. There is also a gallery feature but I honestly feel like the gallery pricing is not competitive so I have no utilized it. Lastly, there can be some growing pains with getting it set up when you first start, but I feel like that's true of all studio management software.

Clare P.

Simple to use - once you have got to know it.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

I have an easy to access client database, with lead forms creating the data I need. I like the templates I can create for emails and documents and the questionnaires male sessions far easier for me.

Cons

Limited for UK users- especially invoicing. It is the area I am most disappointed in.
I find some of the menu flow disjointed too.

Courtney M.

Easy and super helpful

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

I’ve been very impressed! They have great customer service and they also listen to the users and make changes and updates based on what we need or want. The scheduling feature is very helpful and over all it’s kept me organized this past year!

Pros

It’s very easy to implement for your business. It took me a fraction of the time to set up from others I’ve tried in the past. Very user friendly.

Cons

I understand why they do this but you have to pay extra to use added features like client scheduling

Michelle C.
Company size: Self Employed

Iris Works helps me stay organized!

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

I have been a tough nut to crack when it comes to utilizing online systems for my business. I tend to prefer using pen and paper over the computer when possible, which means I'm not the most organized person in the world! Iris Works has helped me become a lot more organized in my business. Not only that, but the customer service is outstanding and they can you to add new features that help me run my business on the road.

Pros

I love having all of my client information in one spot instead of using several different programs at once!

Cons

I dislike trying to go back to the client that I am working on after sending an invoice. I wish it was easier to get back to my client that I am working on! :-)

Jeanna C.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Iris Works CRM! It's so nice I know that my workflow is done for me!

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Pros

Workflows!!!! I love that it is done and clients are getting the emails needed to give info an answer questions for me!

Cons

I do wish it offered online booking for clients. That would give a tiny bit more piece of mind and clients like that option to book when they are ready.

Erin Y.
Company size: Self Employed

Iris does a lot for my business. It's simple and easy to use.

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

It helps me keep my business organized.

Pros

I like the automated workflows and client capture. I like how my appointments can sync to my calendar.

Cons

I wish I could send documents from the clients page and not have to go to documents to send. And I wish it had more area for leaving notes about sessions or orders. I also wish I could see what documents or emails I have sent to the client.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Gina F.

Excited. Annoyed. Happy. Dislike. Love. Lol.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

I love being able to customize questionnaires and contract. Having clients be able to view and fill it is amazing.

Cons

I don't find it super user friendly. I wish it was a little more customizable. I wish it had more of a file system for my clients. I like how under the main clients name there is a wedding date, but being a senior photographer I wish that was a birthday.

Wendy A.

Best assistant ever!

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

I have been using it for more tha one year and I already renewed my membership because I dont imagine my life without Iris.

Pros

It does practically everthing for you. You add your clients details and Iris takes over from there. Your client feels you are in touch during all the process before the session and after (even when you are not) Best assistant ever.

Cons

It only has one access per account, so if in your bussiness is more than one person, you would have to share password, which I dont like since I have sensitive information.

Brittany S.

Iris Saves Lives!!!

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Phenomenal! I love that their Facebook group contains the creators and that they respond personally to iris users!

Pros

I cannot even tel you how much easier iris makes my life! It is my brain!!!

Cons

There are a few downfalls about the software (like the inability to leave a deposit) but their customer service makes up for it!!!

Jennie H.

Great app for managing client information and sending contracts and questionnaires out!

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

I love how I can quickly send contracts and emails to my clients! And it's awesome that clients can just digitally sign their contracts. The questionnaires are super easy to customize.

Cons

I wish it was a bit easier to navigate through the app. Sometimes I forget where to find certain things. I'm so glad that we are now able to resend contracts without completely redoing them. I wish they had additional features like sending out a newsletter to clients or having a way for people to sign up for photo session times.

Meagan G.

Loving Iris Works!

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Pros

I love that it helps me stay organized and send forms that can be electronically signed.

Cons

To be honest, I have no cons really. I haven't taken lots of time to sit with it and figure it all out, but I'm sure there's lots that I could be doing with it that I haven't even discovered yet!