Mixmax

Email communication & sales productivity application

4.3/5
4.6/5
4.5/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Michael

Mixmax is my bff

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

Beautiful dashboard and super easy to use. This gave me a whole new outlook on my email data

Pros

Very easy to use as well as learn new features.

Cons

Very minor details, but the extension was conflicting with salesforce's extension in chrome.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review and glad that 'Mixmax is your BFF'. If you're on the Growth plan and you're not using our workflow features, check them out - they will change your live!

Mary Sunshine
  • Industry: Human Resources

Always improving

Reviewed on 20/03/2019

We used to use 3 different softwares for email templates, followups and scheduling. Mixmax streamlines them all and uses simple shortcut keystrokes making work much more efficient.

Pros

Mixmax makes following up with potential leads and clients with ease. The ability to set up templates and sequence emails with ease is A+.

Cons

There have been a few times where bugs have popped up which is very embarrassing on the user end. As they have grown customer support has gotten slower.

• Customer Support Software

Worst piece of software I had to use, ever

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

The only benefits I've gained was that it was easy to use and I didn't need onboarding as I've already used a bunch of other sales automation tools. This one is among the cheapest and the quality of software perfectly shows that.

Pros

I can hardly say anything good about it, but if we would have to put bugs, technical issues, lack of support and any other issues related to this product, I'd say it has a lot of great features that you can't use because everything is broken, literally.

Cons

It's broken. Half of the functionality is not even there. You want to make changes to your campaign that is active? You can't, because the settings you make, do not take in the effect. You wan't to check your bounce rates of that campaign? You can't, because it is not able to understand if the domain of the email service works or not. I could write an essay of problems that occured in less than 2 months with this tool.

Response from Mixmax

Sorry that you had a bad experience with Mixmax. Please email me to see if we can resolve your issues.

Rustin
  • Industry: Machinery

My beloved dog Bella or Mixmax? I guess I'll go with Mixmax

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

Game changing time saver and enhancement for email, accessible user interface, real support and attention customers. Mixmax fills in the gaps where Gmail falls short and has proved itself to be an invaluable aid to my company's sales and management tasks.

Cons

A bit pricey, though I grudgingly admit probably worth it. Needs the addition of several features, including message deletion and mobile app support.

Agostina

• Customer Support Software

Upgrade your e mail game

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Mix Max is a must have tool. It makes you more efficient and automates a lot of manual work to give you time to focus on strategic thinking. It is cheaper than Mailchimp and more complete.

Pros

MixMax upgrades the functionalities of e mail. It allows you to share your calendar and auto generates meetings meaning there is less back and forth to find some common time for conference calls.
Also, the templates are extremely helpful.

Cons

It can be a bit pricey, but other than that, I cant find any weakness.

Michael

Great Product!

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Pros

It's super intuitive and easy to use. Helps me track meetings, emails, responses, etc. Love it!

Cons

Sometimes, it asks me to log in again and again. Something about my cookies, etc.

Jyothish

One of the Best Email Sequencing & Campaign Tool

Reviewed on 25/10/2018

Really good experience with the trial and paid versions. Our team uses MixMax for all our email scheduling and automation campaigns.

Pros

Compared to the other email blasting platforms, mixmax is for those users who wants to sent genuine automated & sequenced emails for their campaigns.

Cons

There are some bugs in the software that makes my job difficult at times.

Ariel
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Really is the best email productivity app

Reviewed on 04/03/2019

Pros

Wow, the dashboard and icons are incredibly easy to follow! This is more of a learn by using type software - it's difficult to educate yourself on all of the features by just reading about it. I highly recommend that anyone who is looking to become more productive with their emails try the free trial version of Mixmax.

Cons

The software is incredibly expensive if you're looking at enterprise - I don't think most people at the company I work for would use it, but I certainly would. However, I'm not given the option to purchase a single license. You can find a lot of the features spread across other apps like Gorgias and Boomerange, Mixmax just happens to consolidate it. I still use this product on my personal gmail, however.

Stanislava
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

MixMax helps me stay efficient.

Reviewed on 30/03/2019

Pros

MixMax saves me a lot of time, and it saves me from a lot of repetetive work. I just love the options to know exactly who opens my email as it is very important in my line of industry.

Cons

Someone will like this option more, but i dont, i dont like premade templates for emails. Some of them are nice, but some of them should really be deleted from the list.

DJ

• Customer Support Software

Mixmax is a powerful way to stay on top of emails and relationships.

Reviewed on 02/12/2018

Mixmax has been incredibly helpful in helping me manage relationships in Gmail with fantastic formatting, response, and send-later features.

Pros

Mixmax integrates directly into Gmail which ensures it's always available and bringing some great email management & CRM-style features right to the inbox.

Cons

The constant updates to the new Gmail interface sometimes get in the way of the MixMax UI.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for systemizing outbound sales process

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

It is great tool for systemazing outbound sales. It has all relevant integrations with CRM and the tool is data-driven. I hope there will be no more bugs in the system.

Pros

The most useful feature - sequences. It automates email sequences for potential clients, we have integration with Salesforce so we can do a lot of cool stuff. For example, we can create automation of tasks in our CRM that are triggered by not replied emails. Also, our email replies are automated using Mixmax templates that are synced with Gmaill, you can reply with a few clicks to frequently asked questions. Also, the tool is data driven, you can track everything - opens, reply rates from any sequence, template and so on. Mixmax just recently introduced a reporting feature which makes this software even more data-driven.

Cons

Customer support is only in USA, so it is not convenient when you are using this software in Europe. Also, I had some problems with open rate stats, the Mixmax counted opens when somebody opened a contact to which an email was sent on our CRM. Also, we had problems with removing a contact from the sequence. When a person replied he was not always removed from the sequence which created awkward situations. For example, person replied and Mixmax didn't identified it, so follow-up email was sent to him. We created rules (a feature in Mixmax) and we solved this issue.

Fred
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Why I love Mixmax

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Pros

In this busy world of nobody answering their phones, email is the best was to get your name in front of people. The problem is; we're all getting flooded with emails and if we don't reply right away it goes down further into our inbox...and forgotten.

The best thing about Mixmax is their sequence feature. You send out a template email and if the recipient doesn't respond another goes out and another...as many as you want until you get a response!

What a time saver this is! No more trying to remember if they responded, having to write another email and son on.

And that feature is just the tip of the iceberg. So much good stuff in here...just get it!

Cons

Would love for it to integrate with my CRM (Zendesk Sell) but that's a minor thing.

Karlan

Least clunky Gmail plug-in I've used

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Pros

Super easy to log emails to SFDC without slowing down my Gmail account. Additionally, tons of additional features that I wasn't expecting, like a meeting scheduling link, email templates, etc.

Cons

Nothing jarring comes to mind - if I had to nit-pick, MixMax has error'd out one or two times when I've tried to add new contacts to SFDC from Gmail, but nothing that a quick Gmail refresh can't fix.

JOSEPH
  • Industry: Accounting Software

MixMax - great value for the money

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

MixMax is an essential part of my everyday communication with clients, as well as follow up and mass distribution of information to them. It's a one stop shop for my needs in those regards, and I have recommended to several of my clients.

Pros

The program provides as advertised, and is very diligent in not only adding new useful features but also keeping us apprised of them.

Cons

Quite honestly, I do not have any negatives that come to mind easily. Perhaps the "sequence" function could be a bit clearer as to the process. But that's probably just nit picking.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review and for recommending us to your clients!

• Customer Support Software

Tracking opens so there is no stress!

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Being able to follow up with prospects and clients at appropriate timing due to the tracker being installed. It's a great tool.

Pros

I love the tracking feature, as well as the preview service they provide when pasting Droplr links into emails. It makes it really easy to use and I know exactly when to follow up with clients.

Cons

If the integration becomes disconnected sometimes I don't notice so Ill have to make sure when I clear my cache and cookies that I reinstall. Nothing that big through - Mixmax is great!

Romain
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Loved it as a 'free' user - In the process of getting it approved in my company

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Very good indeed !

Pros

Ease of use, email tracking is an awesome feature for sales and also being able to easily share huge file without having to deal with the nightmare that is google docs sharing functionalities.

Cons

Didn't really the calendar propositions but it could be nice to have.

Didn't have a lot of use for the templates and thought it was a bit complicated to manage.
A tutorial would be great for this !

Dan

• Customer Support Software

MixMax is a great sales tool overall.

Reviewed on 13/09/2017

Pros

MixMax has many features that are exceptional for sales. My favorite feature is the ability to share your calendar availability with prospective clients. This feature cuts out the unnecessary email(s) when trying to schedule a meeting. Once a slot is selected, the appointment automatically posts on my calendar. I have seen increased response rates as a result of this feature.

Cons

The expense associated with the premium features. The limitations on email tracking is certainly a drawback as well as the sheer expense of having a full sales team on MixMax.

Cynthia

• Customer Support Software

Best Customer Service EVER!

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

The very best part of MIXMAX is the customer support you receive if you have questions or need assistance. It is by far one of the best companies with whom I have ever done business.

Pros

The software is amazing and easy to use.

Cons

I liked everything! There was nothing that I did not like.

Response from Mixmax

Thank you very much for your kind words, Cynthia! We're always happy to help!

Very useful for email tracking

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Overall it's extremely useful for monitoring opens, clicks and logging comms into SFDC

Pros

I love how I'm able to track opens and monitor activity of emails. If I'm trying to track a user down and I'm concerned they've gone dark, monitoring opens is helpful

Cons

It can be confusing at times, and I'll be honest I don't set up campaigns at all. I have a book of about 75 accounts and managing that many customers with email campaigns is tough/scary.

Don

• Customer Support Software

This is a beautiful email client that allows me to wow my network every time.

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

Pros

I can brand everything with our colors and typefaces. The scheduling tool is amazing and the way it displays in the email is beautiful.

Cons

I don't like how many of the features are locked up in the free version, but I guess it just shows how much value they're adding for me that I want them!

Nicole

• Customer Support Software

Making marketing campaigns easier !

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

Customer service is great, quick replies.
Overall great product

Pros

Sequences of emails
Rules for different leads
Personalisation of emails
Automated follow ups
Easy to upload hundreds of contacts
Saving email templates
Gmail extension
Delegated sending

Cons

Sometimes can be buggy
Delegated sending doesn’t work every time

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review! Feel free to send us more information on your issue with delegated sending so that we can help resolve the issue.

Rosa

Upleveled our team and reduced admin tasks

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

Helped reduce admin tasks and increase sharing of templates

Pros

The Salesforce integration is great, allowing for easy visibility directly from your inbox; love the templating options and the ability to insert availability for a few team members at once

Cons

The only options seem to be to allow full visibility into the team's emails or no visibility, we wish there was something in between

Jeremy

• Customer Support Software

Best Gmail extension ever, if you were to get one extension this would be it.

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

Pros

Been using Mixmax for years and was probably one of their first thousand users. Between read receipts and email footers and the dozens of other features they include I'd say Mixmax is one of the best software purchases I've ever made

• Industry: Legal Services

Fantastic tool

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Pros

I like the ability to schedule meetings easily and this app saves me tons of time in terms of limiting the back and forth between recipients

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, I like the functionality.

Zeeshan
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy to track Open Rate

Reviewed on 28/11/2020

Pros

You can easily track who open your email which helps in converting a lead.

Cons

Pricing is high as compared to other tools available.