Mixmax

Email communication & sales productivity application

4.5 /5 (171 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.3
4.6
4.5
4.4
Industry: Computer Software

Great tool for systemizing outbound sales process

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

It is great tool for systemazing outbound sales. It has all relevant integrations with CRM and the tool is data-driven. I hope there will be no more bugs in the system.

Pros

The most useful feature - sequences. It automates email sequences for potential clients, we have integration with Salesforce so we can do a lot of cool stuff. For example, we can create automation of tasks in our CRM that are triggered by not replied emails. Also, our email replies are automated using Mixmax templates that are synced with Gmaill, you can reply with a few clicks to frequently asked questions. Also, the tool is data driven, you can track everything - opens, reply rates from any sequence, template and so on. Mixmax just recently introduced a reporting feature which makes this software even more data-driven.

Cons

Customer support is only in USA, so it is not convenient when you are using this software in Europe. Also, I had some problems with open rate stats, the Mixmax counted opens when somebody opened a contact to which an email was sent on our CRM. Also, we had problems with removing a contact from the sequence. When a person replied he was not always removed from the sequence which created awkward situations. For example, person replied and Mixmax didn't identified it, so follow-up email was sent to him. We created rules (a feature in Mixmax) and we solved this issue.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Christa C.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

I couldn't run my business without MixMax

Reviewed on 14/02/2019

Pros

The ability to create templates and "sequences" (automated series of templates) is crucial in this Chrome extension that takes gmail to a whole new level. Additionally, the ability to set follow-up reminders and next action steps automatically on an individual email make this a life saver. Email boxes aren't meant to be to-do lists... Mixmax allows me to review, reply, and set a next action all at once in an email and then file it away so it's not sitting in my inbox. There are fun aspects as well with 'enhancements' that allow me to insert gifs, polls, emojis, videos etc right into my emails.

Cons

This software is great for sending one-off meeting time/date options to someone via email. It doesn't have enough full calendar functionality to replace something like Acuity or Calendly as an outside meeting planner tool when you have many different types of standard meetings on a regular basis.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for your review. Would be interested in learning more about your calendar requirements.

K.c B.
Industry: Wholesale

A bit creepy - A lot awesome!

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Pros

MixMax is extremely useful to me in my sales roles where 90% of communication with my accounts is via email. Being able to see when customers and teammates open an email , click links and download attachments is priceless. I also love the templates and reminders.

Cons

it is a bit creepy

when I open a email chain in Gmail - sometimes it logs me viewing the email chain as though the recipient is viewing the email chain. This can lead to some confusion.

I wish there were a mobile version as I do send a lot of emails from my phone

Agostina M.
Industry: Internet

Upgrade your e mail game

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Mix Max is a must have tool. It makes you more efficient and automates a lot of manual work to give you time to focus on strategic thinking. It is cheaper than Mailchimp and more complete.

Pros

MixMax upgrades the functionalities of e mail. It allows you to share your calendar and auto generates meetings meaning there is less back and forth to find some common time for conference calls.
Also, the templates are extremely helpful.

Cons

It can be a bit pricey, but other than that, I cant find any weakness.

Industry: Real Estate

I love MixMax and all of its capabilities.

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Being able to track, schedule, and templatize emails.

Pros

I LOVE how easy it is to track email opens in great detail. There are so many great features for such a good price. The features i use most besides email tracking is the ability to schedule emails and create email templates. I use both those features on a daily basis and I really don't know what I would do without it.

Cons

Sometimes MixMax glitches and for whatever reason doesn't track certain emails. It doesn't happen frequently enough for it to be a big issue. Also, you have to have MixMax installed on every computer you are sending emails from for the tracking to work. This can be a pain- I really wish it was just automatically hooked up to gmail so no matter what laptop you were using, it would track your emails.

Kevin I.
Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: Self Employed

When technology actually works for you

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

As someone who works as an individual consultant, MixMax has given me bandwidth I didn't have before in calendaring, managing email, and other administrative tasks generally relegated to an assistant. I've tried many applications that promise to increase productivity, but few have like this one.

Pros

The product seamlessly integrates into Gmail, and makes tasks that would be back-and-forth such as calendaring and templates nearly instant. The functionality around email reminders has made inbox management effortless, and it makes me look like I have a better memory and follow-up capability than I really do. It expands my own capacity immensely.

Cons

The only complain I have about this software is one that I was able to address with the help of the customer support, notably that the email tracking can lead to emails hitting others spam filters. With the help of customer service FAQ, I was able to get past this with a few tweaks.

Kara F.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

I don't know what I'd do without Mixmax!

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

A major business problem I had before I used Mixmax was the inability to know whether my communications with clients were being received, read, acknowledged and downloaded. Mixmax helps me have a much better read on the engagement level I have with different clients, and helps me know which channel to use to progress the relationship.

Pros

Being in a sales role, it's important I see how my prospects and clients are interacting with my emails. It's useful to know whether they've opened, clicked, downloaded, and also how many times and what days/times they've opened the email. It is a proxy for how serious they are about our communications and moving forward with a sale.

Cons

Setting Mixmax reminders isn't as intuitive as I'd like, but once you figure it out, it makes sense.

Mark M.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great timesaver and reminder

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

My overall experience with Mixmax has been outstanding and I use it everyday.

Pros

Mixmax has many great features, but I use it most to remind me of e-mails that I need to send.

Cons

While it is great for tracking customers, I would like to see it available for those of us who do not need to track the opening of e-mails. I don't need my colleagues to know that I am checking in on whether they read their e-mails or not.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review. It sounds like you want to turn off email tracking. If that's correct, email tracking is a feature that can be turned off.

Janine J.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great Product - Especially for teams

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Mixmax is great for sharing templates, sending targeted bulk emails quickly and gaining insight into analytics

Pros

Great for creating templates and streamlining bulk emails
I like that you can share templates with team members
Integrations is nice
Love the visibility into the metrics

Cons

I wish it integrated with more products. Other than that, I think it's great and very useful.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review. What products would you like to see integrated with Mixmax?

Excellent email tracking, One click meeting tool!

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

I know exactly who opens my email and when.

Pros

I love the mixmax tool. The sequence email features, the preview and tracking tools - all of it. I use mixmax daily. Not sure I could live without it honestly.

Cons

I am using the Small Business option which is the middle of the road option as I don't need to integrate with salesforce. I hate that I can't hide the mixmax branding when sending out sequence emails and calendar appointments. I am a paying customer but not compensated for branding them. I've mentioned this to customer support but they kind of blew me off. I love this tool but if someone came out with something comparable and made this slight adjustment, I'd switch.

Julie W.
Industry: Education Management

Life saver

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 27/11/2018

As a staff of one-and-a-half, Mixmax enables us to support our customers with a level of timeliness we would not be able to muster with old fashioned type-and-response email. This makes our customers feel taken care of, and makes us feel sane! Thanks.

Pros

Love the ability to send sequenced email messages! This helps with both coaching AND automated followups to emails from which I receive no initial response. Also, the ability to insert a poll directly into the email is a great help to busy customers.

Cons

Within the sequencing tool, there is currently no way to change the order of the emails. Right now I am forced to recreate a sequence. Also, partially due to this gap, there is a need to be able to fully delete old sequences instead of just archiving.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review. Will pass on your product suggestion on the sequences.

Jeremy M.

Best Gmail extension ever, if you were to get one extension this would be it.

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

Pros

Been using Mixmax for years and was probably one of their first thousand users. Between read receipts and email footers and the dozens of other features they include I'd say Mixmax is one of the best software purchases I've ever made

Industry: Retail

Too eager to offer its services to people I email.

Reviewed on 06/01/2019

Pros

Easy to use.
Increases productivity.
Great Analytics
Customizable
Integrated well with Gmail
Affordable

Cons

BEWARE, when you send test emails during the trial to see what they'll look like for your recipients, the pushy nudges that offer Mixmax to your recipients will not appear because the trial has full access and no Mixmax branding. Even if you choose a paid plan, Mixmax will push its services to people you email. I counted at least 3 attempts and cringed knowing my recipients were getting nudged to try a new app when I sent them emails/invites. I was on the 2nd tier of a paid plan and told that I have to upgrade more if I don't want those messages appearing. In my opinion, it's tacky. I can understand if I was on a free plan. I love the app. I just wish it wasn't so pushy to my recipients.
-Sometimes the app is slow
-Sometimes sending takes longer than usual

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Michael M.
Industry: Internet

Great Product!

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Pros

It's super intuitive and easy to use. Helps me track meetings, emails, responses, etc. Love it!

Cons

Sometimes, it asks me to log in again and again. Something about my cookies, etc.

Mathew L.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Mixmax for email campaigns and management

Excellent.

Pros

Great functionality and features, changed the game for me.

Cons

Takes a little bit of fidgeting to get the right setup, but they improved that significantly over time. They also have been introducing new features frequently (which is available on their public roadmap and can also be voted on).

My go-to tool for everything email.

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Sped up the process for everything email.

Pros

You can simply do so much. MixMax has helped me increase the amount fo work I can do in a set amount of time, not only with sequences but also email reminders and templates.

Cons

I guess one thing is that, from time to time, it can be a little too complicated. There's a lot to do, and while the customer support is great, the platform itself isn't as intuitive as it could be

Stanislava P.
Industry: Telecommunications

MixMax helps me stay efficient.

Reviewed on 30/03/2019

Pros

MixMax saves me a lot of time, and it saves me from a lot of repetetive work. I just love the options to know exactly who opens my email as it is very important in my line of industry.

Cons

Someone will like this option more, but i dont, i dont like premade templates for emails. Some of them are nice, but some of them should really be deleted from the list.

Marne S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Mixmax review

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Very good so far. It has been useful to me all throughout.

Pros

Easy to use. Drag and drop, and 1 to 2 clicks.

Cons

Lack of integrations with other apps. Needs more

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review. Feel free to let us know what other apps you would like to see for integration.

Dj C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Mixmax is a powerful way to stay on top of emails and relationships.

Reviewed on 02/12/2018

Mixmax has been incredibly helpful in helping me manage relationships in Gmail with fantastic formatting, response, and send-later features.

Pros

Mixmax integrates directly into Gmail which ensures it's always available and bringing some great email management & CRM-style features right to the inbox.

Cons

The constant updates to the new Gmail interface sometimes get in the way of the MixMax UI.

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Very useful

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Pros

the ease of use and the productivity. I use it everyday

Cons

nothing. it is far way better than expected and is worth the value for money

Industry: Financial Services

MixMax- Great company, with helpful tool

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Mixmax is a great company with kind, energetic employees. They have certainly helped my company be more successful!

Pros

-Simple to use
-Great interface
-Friendly staff
- side bar is super helpful and contains great information

Cons

-Would be good if it was a bit more customizable in terms of features
- Instead of opening leads in gmail from the live feed, I wish there was an option to open in salesforce instead
- Would be nice if we could see full mix max email right in salesforce

Response from Mixmax

Just a quick response to this portion of the review:

Would be nice if we could see full mix max email right in salesforce

You can see the entire email in Salesforce.

Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Mixmax review

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Pros

I love sequences. Saves me a ton of time over manually following up with clients. I also love the slash commands.

Cons

Sometimes it breaks my email thread into a new thread. I wish it wouldn't do that.

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: Self Employed

The helpful program

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 22/11/2018

Mixmax reduced a lot of my stress regarding my emails to various professors around the world. Being able to observe the activity on my email (Without being obligated to put up a watermark on the email), was one of the best features of the program.

Pros

1) The complete activity associated my email.
2) Email scheduling.

Cons

Too many emails from the promotions staff. (Make a separate website for this kind of stuff)

Justin L.
Industry: Computer Software

Great, but spammy

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Pros

It's a genius set of features, except there's a ton of spam in your emails when you try and put in links.

Cons

I need to control their constant branding, which even is in the text it inserts into email.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review. When you refer to 'a ton of spam in your emails' do you mean that your emails aren't delivered? Since we are integrated with Gmail we rely on their delivery rates. If you mean something else please let us know. Also, you can remove our branding and add your own - it's available for $120/year and you can find more info on our pricing page. Hope this helps.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Laurie L.
Industry: Real Estate

More than Email

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Helpful support. Easy to use. Almost Life-Changing. Seriously, couldn’t live without it.

Pros

Reminders
Templates
Tracking

Cons

Would like to ‘batch sey’ Reminders va one at a time