Book Like A Boss

Online appointment booking for service-providing businesses

4.7 /5 (272 reviews) Write a Review!

The Rolls Royce of Calendar Booking

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

I have enjoyed my experience of using BLAB. I know when someone books a session with me, the app will work as it's meant to.

Pros

BLAB offers a lot of customization options, which means your booking page can match your brand colors. That helps give your clients a better impression of you and your business.

Cons

Although this is not a negative comment, I wish I had chosen a higher tier when I bought their lifetime deal, which would have offered me more options in terms of branding and customization.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, great for clients, A+

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

This software was a huge upgrade in my capacity to take on clients, schedule meetings, and prepare Zoom Video conference rooms. It immediately improved my business flow, and has been seamless integration as I expand my client base. Thanks BLaB!

Pros

Zoom integration - Each client immediately gets a private zoom link for their scheduled session.

Email automation - Each client immediately gets email automation, including option to reschedule or cancel their session without needing to directly contact me.

Easy to use booking system - Lots of options for me on the backend, to set my hours and dates I am unavailable. Easy to use booking system for the user to find a date and time that works for them.

Embed options - Work like a charm.

Cons

For the last few years this software has done everything I need it do. No cons I can think of

Audrey S.

Book Like A Boss is a king within scheduling + selling systems

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

As a mentor and strategist female entrepreneurs, I love the many features included in BLAB. It saves me time in my business through thoughtful automations and integrations.

Pros

I run my two businesses on BLAB. I love how easy it is to use, and the team keeps on adding new features, and how they create tutorials and answer questions when you have any. They keep on improving the tool and it feels like I’m getting a lot of features that save me time on a daily basis. As an online business strategist and business mentor for entrepreneurs, I want to recommend to my clients and community tools from company that keep on delivering great products and keep on improving based on customers feedback. This is what the BLAB team does. As a result, it has made me recommend BLAB to my community and my clients, besides using it myself. Personally, I use it to:
- book potential clients for discovery sessions,
- book current clients for their own Zoom sessions (great Zoom integration!),
- sell webinars and online products.
These are just a few of the ways that I use BLAB and recommend my clients to use it to. I also love the customisable branded links (long + short links), that allow me to run two separate businesses on one BLAB account. It’s made my life a lot easier, and is my virtual assistant for the booking part of my business. I also love that:
- it integrates with my Google calendar (kind of mandatory nowadays for a scheduling system, yet not all provide that),
- I can choose which days I want to work and which not,
- I can choose which appointments I have available for which days,
- The reminders that are sent to people who booked,
- The Paypal integration

Cons

For the way I run my business, I haven’t found any yet. It could perhaps look better. I am using something else for sales pages. Some of my clients are mentioniong they’d love to have CRM included in the tool, but that’s not what BLAB is (yet).

Kevin M.

An amazing scheduling tool

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

It is so easy to create new appointments and set up all kinds of scheduling parameters with Book Like A Boss. I use it on a daily basis and it gets me out of the back and forth of multiple emails or texts trying to coordinate calendars.

Pros

There is so much to like about Book Like A Boss -- the ease of setting up new appointments and the multiple integrations supported -- calendar syncing, Stripe (for paid services), and probably my personal favorite >> Zoom. In today's world, every conversation I have is face-to-face via Zoom video conferencing. With Book Like A Boss, as soon as someone books an appointment, a Zoom call is booked and call credentials are included with the appointment.

Cons

It's really hard to think of what I like least -- the one thing I'd recommend is thinking about how YOU want to use the tool. The standard options may be nice for some, but I realized the need to simplify and delete many of the "standard options" -- when someone goes to my appointment page...keep it simple and do NOT distract them with other links and options. Just help them book an appointment.

Tyler P.
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Awesome booking tool for any needs

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Pros

Has so many different features and functions. Have been able to transform our customer booking process.

Cons

Can’t get my photo to add for the html embed

Sheri S.

Book Like A Boss Is The Boss

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

I love how flexible and convenient this software is - the value is great and the support is top-notch. It was so easy to set up!

Pros

At the risk of sounding cheesy, it really is the boss. I love how the entire thing is so customizable! It's almost a full-on website, so a smaller consultant or coach just starting out could conceivably just use this software instead of building out a whole expensive website. You can get exactly what you want in your booking landing pages (plus an about me section, pictures, and more!)

Cons

When I first started, there were fewer options for integrating with Active Campaign through Zapier, but that issue just got fixed, and I am a happy woman now!

Bryan E.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

My #1 online booking recommendation

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

I started using an online booking form for my podcast over 5 years ago. It worked well but eventually I had to move up to a paid plan. Once I found BLAB, I switched over and never looked back. It offered more options and flexibility than my previous booking service and was less expensive. I now book podcast guests, online consultation calls, and more using the same BLAB account. And I can even take payments for paid consultations, all within the BLAB interface.

Pros

I like that I can easily connect multiple calendars and create booking options for a variety of free appointments and paid consultations without paying extra for additional booking pages. The forms are very flexible and can gather the information I need to prepare. Additionally, the reminders are great, the ability to embed a form with custom colors and branding is wonderful, and there are even additional integrations such as Zoom.us booking links and Zapier integrations.

Cons

Because BLAB offers so much, it can be hard to find a single booking page to send a direct link. And the Zapier integration with MailChimp could be a little better.

Juliet D.

Brief Review

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

It is very user friendly. That is what works for me. I am not so tech but have learnt a lot over the years .. still need the quick and easy tho

Pros

Generally it is pretty easy to get around and set up myself.

Cons

can't say that there is a least.
I would like to have the 15 minute option in there in the time section btw

Matthew J.

Pretty Solid Product

Reviewed on 28/12/2019

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I purchased a lifetime deal for BLAB and find that there is extreme value in it. I would definitely recommend this product. However, the market is so saturated with these tools that an alternative can easily be found if someone doesn't need all of the bells and whistles of BLAB - it can be a bit too much to chew for those who need something simple.

Pros

I really like the integration with Zoom and the ability to create unique video meetings when someone books an appointment. I also like being able to take payments for any service or product I provide or sell.
Generally there are trade-offs in this area when it comes to these types of features. You may get one, but not both, but with BLAB you do.

Cons

The UI could use a bit of an update and the navigation could be cleaned up a bit or consolidated. Right now it's a bit too complex to figure out which settings are in which area, so it takes some digging between the different panels in order to find the exact thing you're looking for. There's a lot of customization, but it's also hard to tell what you're doing - a preview view would be nice, other than opening an entirely different tab to do so, or at least some sort of live editing mode.

• Used Other for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

My favourite calendar booking software

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

This has been my favourite calendar booking software because it truly helps to reflect your brand and it is very easy for the end-user (clients).

Pros

I greatly enjoy the customization, look and feel of this software - both for the administrator and for the end-user. It allows you to fully customize everything from the URL, to adding testimonials to colours and more. It has a very professional feel for the end-user and I love that it is a calendar view format.

Cons

Although there is a lot of customization options to utilize, the one thing I don't like is how the testimonials display on the front-end (ordering of name/testimonial) and there isn't much you can do about it.

• Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Book Like A Boss: Not Perfect, but Close!

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Book Like A Boss is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a product that can schedule, market and sell—all at the same time. If you're looking for a wunderkind that does just one of these things, you can probably find a SAAS product that would be less expensive overall, but you can't go wrong with Book Like A Boss, a product that really can do it all.

Pros

At its core, Book Like A Boss, as its name implies, is primarily an online appointment SAAS solution, ala Calendly, You Can Book Me and the like—but it goes well beyond these basics to add group scheduling, products and services with online payment, a mini-web page, client database and more. Flexibility is its best attribute.

Cons

This isn't exactly a "negative," but the company's aggressive product roadmap means you're signing on for changes always oriented toward customer improvement.

Joselito L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Love the functionality and regular updates

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

I love Book Like A Boss. I’ve tried a few different options for scheduling but this was the best one so far.

Pros

I like how easy this is to use for my clients and how it includes so many different options, like including video, allowing people to buy products and programs directly, and having different kinds of appointments to choose or highlight. Plus, they seem to update the software with more options, so I need to learn how I can use its newer functions.

Cons

I wish this would allow me to schedule my own appointments with clients, but I work around it by signing up as if I were a client.

Maria S.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Book Like a Badass!

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Pros

The ease of setting it up! It looks like a whole website.

Cons

I wish we could reuse coupon codes. I also wish we can easily customize the url.

• Industry: Alternative Medicine
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

The booking platform I've been waiting for !

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

As a solopreneur, it gives me all I need in one place to schedule appointments without the needs to spend my day answering calls or emails.
No more (almost) "no-show" with the reminders automatically sent to customers.

Pros

It provides a standalone landing page to sell and schedule my services and I can easily embed the booking module in my wordpress site.
Everything is sync with my Google calendar and payment gateway (with Stripe) is integrated.
One last thing: E-mail and SMS reminders !!!

Cons

No analytics available for appointments.

Joanne W.

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

I’ve been using Book Like a Boss for over a year. I love it I’ve referred many to this software and they all choose it over all the ther scheduling software. Their continue to be developments that make it better and better. I would recommend this to any business or consultant.

Pros

Integrates with Google calendar
Easy appointment creator
Embedding code is easy to install on website
Customizable to match brand colors
Custom schedule availability for each appointment type

Cons

I can’t think of a con. It certainly has more capability than I need.

Chaz B.

Increases conversion rates

Reviewed on 10/03/2019

I like book like a boss and think it has a lot of potential but I think not implementing a sales tax function when you're allowing people to use it for products (which are taxable in most areas) is a huge oversight that should have been implemented by now.

Since implementing it using a pay upon pickup option

Pros

- Text message reminders
- Email reminders
- Custom Domain
- Stripe Support
- PayPal support
- Product and service options

Cons

- Can't calculate sales tax for taxable products or services
Not being able to collect sales tax is a deal breaker for me as far as using the payment collection function for products. I've had to 'opt" for collecting payment when my customers arrive because of this.
- Can't customize CSS to stay on brand
- Can't add a custom favorite icon to stay on brand
- Doesn't have an option to buy multiple quantities for physical products.
This again is a must for me. A lot of my customers buy multiple quantities when buying physical products from me. This is pretty standard for product based companies.

Mike I.
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

The easy way to book your schedule

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

Pros

BLAB makes it soooo easy to have your clients book appointments based on your schedule. No more needing to go back and forth to check calendars. They can see when you're free and book with ease

Cons

I wish that SMS reminders were available on the appsumo plan

Carlos vazquez ,.
  • Industry: Media Production

BLAB is a Completely Game Changer

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Phenomenal, I'm a big fan!

Pros

I was a big fan of Calendly before BLAB came into the picture but being the early-adopter that I am, I decided to take the plunge and WOW, was it worth it. I've been using BLAB for an entire year and I don't any reason to leave. The team is very responsive and the software works perfect for my needs. I am always referring my clients to BLAB.

Cons

I wish I was able to edit the email messages that are sent from BLAB so I can make it more personal.

I also wish there was an zapier action to cancel a booking.

• Customer Support Software

Love this appointment booking software

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

It's almost like I don't have to think about it as it's always there and works when it needs to.

Never fallen over, or had any issues, just very reliable way for me to set appointments.

Pros

I include this in part of my sales funnel - and it integrates really well

Cons

I can't really think of anything - but they could offer to wash my car once a week included in my subscription, which currently they don't do. That would be nice.

Ben G.

I'm a big fan of Book Like A Boss

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

It helps me look extra professional.

Pros

I lvoe the interface and how it looks on my website. I also appreciate being able to connect it to my Stripe account for payments.

Cons

Not everything is as intuitive as I want. But/and they're improving all the while! I also prefer support vs. forum for help.

Charlotte K.
  • Industry: Program Development

Best booking option I have tried

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

I love it. In a bid to become more professional and automate some of my processes, I played around with 5 or 6 tools like this, used some for a few months and then found Book Like a Boss. I am happy with the free tools, and am planning on upgrading to get some more benefits now that I trust the site.

Pros

Book Like a Boss works very well and gives me confidence that my bookings are all done correctly and I can find all the relevant information, without any unnecessary noise, for any event that has been booked. It is so seamless for the clients that there is no murmur from them about me changing my system.

Cons

I have to spend a little time each time I update appointments times or details, working out which page I must update. And as you change pages, the screen pops up to the top, confusing me about where I last landed.

Nadja W.

Great scheduling app!

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

Compared to other scheduling apps, I have really enjoyed the functionality of Book Like A Boss. I receive compliments from clients about how easy it is to schedule with me.

Pros

I really like how you can integrate a payment processor so you can collect payment before the appointment is scheduled. It makes things so much easier being able to do that on one app instead of having to use multiple apps.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve, especially when figuring out the difference between an appointment and a product/service. There are help guides that allowed me to figure out my mistake before I spent too much time creating the wrong thing

Kevin C.
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

Main booking for my business

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Overall my experience is great

Pros

I like the ease of use and customization

Cons

I dont like that customers cant book on into the next day for example a 11pm-12am booking. Ive been asking for a while and still not implemented

Anthony E.

Create a product ready for sale in minutes (who needs a website?)

Reviewed on 23/11/2018

One feature in particular is extremely valuable: the ability to write a sales page from scratch and have the whole thing ready for sale within minutes. A side-benefit of this is that I can do that for my business coaching clients, showing them just how easy it is for them to create their own sales page. This brings immense relief to them, as they often struggle to work out how to package their services.

Pros

I love how you can create a sales page without a separate website. The default settings are very easy to understand and use.

Cons

Having only one currency for all products is a bit of a drawback, but not a big one.

Response from Book Like A Boss

Hi! Thanks for your review. You mention a con as that we only work with one currency. In fact BLAB works with 22 currencies in 4 languages. Just go into your profile section in your dashboard and you will see the dropdown list of currencies.

Chareen G.

I Book Like A Boss

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

I like Book Like A Boss. I use it to have potential clients book their free discovery calls and strategy sessions with me. I like how I can set up different types of calls for the different niches that I serve. I also use it for the occasional "on-off" service, which is very beneficial.

Pros

Easy to use and set up
Can set up multiple appointment types and services very quickly
Flexible yet necessary features for appointment setting and selling services

Cons

Not too many cons I can thing of. The only one that comes to mind is that I can't send bulk or group messages to people who have scheduled an appointment.