Filestage

For teams to manage their content review process

4.7/5
4.6/5
4.8/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

Joey P.

• Customer Support Software

After looking at a dozen apps, Filestage won

Reviewed on 04/05/2020

Filestage is great! It helps us to streamline the review process. As an online business with clients all over the US, it helps a ton. I highly recommend Filestage.

Pros

- Easy to use: Although some of our clients struggle to learn it, overall most love it! We get tons of compliments on it. Not only is it easy for our clients, but it's easy for our team to use as well.
- Customer service: Whenever we have a problem, Filestage jumps on it.
- Simple UI: Unlike so many apps like Filestage, they do not complicate the UI. It's clean and simple.
- They listen!: Filestage listens to feedback. They actually make improvements based on what you say.

Cons

- Slow speeds: Since we Filestage heavily, we have had slow load times on occasion. But thankfully, it hasn't been a major problem.
- Client confusion: Some clients who aren't as tech-savvy struggle. But it's not Filestage's problem honestly. The only bit of feedback from them is making it clearer how to use it and making it more clear where the review or approval button is and when it is pressed.

PageProof, Hightail, GoProof, GoVisually, InVision App, and Ziflow

Reasons for Choosing Filestage

ProofMe died. Literally.

Reasons for Switching to Filestage

- Intuitive UI and UX - Easy to use - Good customer service - Customized pricing
William L.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

• Customer Support Software

It's... mediocre at best.

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Pros

On the bright side, it does do what it claims to do. Most of the time. When there aren't bugs. And they are constantly improving the app, so there's that.

Cons

But... it's buggy. Often we receive complaints from clients about a video not loading, or not playing back, or not being able to scrub through the video. Or even being redirected to the Filestage homepage without any errors. There are better alternatives, but you have to pay more for them.

Donvil C.
  • Industry: Media Production

LOVE FILESTAGE!!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

My team switched from frame.io to filestage.io for our review process. We primarily produce nonprofit, corporate, and commercial productions. Filestage was just much more robust for us at the time. I do understand that other platforms have emerged that and I hear frame.io has improved since we left, however, we just felt that it was simple and worked. There were some initial quirks we shared with the Filestage reps, and 1-by-1 we saw them resolved. One of the most recent ones is the template feature for projects which has SPED UP our project creation process A LOT! We thankfully are on a grandfathered plan where we pay much less than the current advertised cost, but even so I always felt it was a little more than I wanted to pay. Regardless, in our opinion, Filestage is the best we've used so far.

Pros

Support, Ease of use for clients and staff, Adaptability, Flexibility for file types, Options.

Cons

Cost is my only Con due to the size of budget projects I do, but might be a steal for someone else.

Ben C.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Wish we'd implemented sooner!

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

Brilliant! Wish we had implemented sooner, clients prefer the visual approach and we have managed to reduce the number of revisions we have to work through.
Simply a much better review process than trying to email PDFs and collate feedback from multiple people.

Pros

No more misunderstandings or long emails to read through trying to understand the changes required. Really easy to use which makes onboarding clients quick and effortless.
Allowing our customers to add feedback directly to artwork has sped up our review process significantly, reducing our time in email and delivering projects quicker to our clients.
Our clients find the overview of which files are in review helpful to get a snapshot of where everything is and who's responsible for the next actions.
Being able to add comments to videos at the relevant time stamps makes giving video feedback a lot easier!

Cons

No negative points as yet, but still in early stages of using the software. Very positive experience so far!

PageProof

Reasons for Switching to Filestage

Cheaper entry level subscription – first time implementing a visual review process so wanted to trial it without a big financial commitment upfront.
Rick H.

Huge time saver

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Great experience. Customer communication for approvals had never been easier

Pros

This is the best way we found to share, comment and get approvals from clients.

When the message arrives at the client it’s easy for them to open the project, comment and reject or approve. The training is baked into the client message.

Reminders keep our projects on schedule and we don’t have to chase people.

Cons

It’s fantastic for images or PDFs but web pages need screen capture then post for approval. It would be great if we could just enter URL and it scraped the page automatically. It’s a feature available in some of their competitors.

Andreas R.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Best Tool ever

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Pros

It's the easiest way to review products. Very good documentation all over the review steps.

Cons

At least, sometimes the direct Link doesn't work. But you can always invite people.

Response from Filestage

Hi Andreas,

We appreciate your thoughts, thank you! Our customers do love us for the ease of use :)

We did fix the issue with the invitation link.

Erich W.
  • Industry: Animation

• Customer Support Software

The best tool on the market

Reviewed on 10/09/2021

We are using Filestage for more than 4 years after a deep market research. The platform is continuously improved on user requests.

Pros

Filestage offers only the features you really need and it is intuitive to use.

Cons

Due the features are developed for the needs of the users, it is only

Daniel W.

• Customer Support Software

My customers love Filestage - so do I!

Reviewed on 17/05/2017

You save time in your post-production process and offer clients a great tool. Saves their time and yours!

Pros

- Easy interface
- Easy feedback
- Documentation
- Great customer service

Easy interface, especially for customers. My clients can provide me with detailed feedback on the spot. They just click into the video and write a comment. They don't need to send timecodes, need to make lists, write an email. Revision became much more efficient.
Once my customer reviewed my videos, pdf's etc. I get a notification and have an easy to do list.

It's possible to brand the software and fit it into your company.

You also have a clear documentation and approval from your customers, which can be handy when things get complicated at a later point.

Filestage is easy reachable and help with everything.

Cons

Features for sorting projects: The interface improved a lot since I started, but there are small things, for which I use workarounds.
Projects in the overview can't be sorted in an easy. I think it's only date and alpha-numerical. I rename my projects therefore with 00.. 01.. etc.
But the team is listening and I hope the will add this feature soon!

Response from Filestage

Thanks for the review!

Jack M.

Makes my job A LOT easier

Reviewed on 18/06/2020

My experience with Filestage has been brilliant. I would struggle without it, and I have applied it to a few businesses now

Pros

Filestage is seriously intuitive and simple to use. Which means we get very little confusion from clients or team members, people just adapt right away. I create a lot of video, and because of the detailed feedback thats possible on the platform, its made our workflow and deliveries much faster.
There is also a huge benefit in having the feedback on multiple projects stored for later reference.

Cons

Very little to say here. The one main one would be storage. Because I work mainly in video, I reach the capacity limit of my account almost weekly, which can cause issues if all the work on the platform is active.

Hannah E.

• Customer Support Software

Filestage has been a great tool for removing roadblocks to get projects completed efficiently.

Reviewed on 08/06/2018

Read my review!

Pros

We have a creative studio where we design and paint graphics, and Filestage has been a game-changer for getting projects from concept to the real world quickly, with very happy clients (and us). We usually start off with a draft document, send a link to the client, have the client comment directly on the draft with questions/feedback, and then we can respond and/or add a new draft, then repeat the whole process until everyone's happy. We like how easy it is to get a client to respond on Filestage, and that our clients aren't forced through a weird UI or made to sign up for the app themselves. We love not having to send giant PDFs through email or dropbox, and forcing document download after document download until you can't remember which version is the most recent or how many times you have the same document draft saved in your "downloads" folder. That said, you can still enable each Filestage doc to be downloadable, so if our clients do want to download files, we like that it's an option for them.

Cons

Clunky to use on mobile, an app would be great eventually, for even more on-the-go quick response ability. Price is a bit steep too, but you get a lot, so understandable.

Response from Filestage

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback!

Best,
The Filestage Team

Richard E.

• Customer Support Software

Easy for anyone to use, well priced, and not limiting.

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Customer servicer has been great when we needed it, which is hardly ever.

Pros

I like that not everyone in our organization has to be registered as a user and when we send something off to proof they can just click the link and open it without dealing with user names and passwords. We don't have to pay by the amount of users either.
The features are simple, we've had very little questions from users on how to use it.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any other than trying to get our campus used to doing things differently.

Vanessa W.

• Customer Support Software

Very helpful and fun to use

Reviewed on 13/07/2019

Our first tool to give reviews to our creators was our intranet email. This was very stressful and unorganized. With filestage we had the opportunity to improve this project from zero to 100 in a short time. Now its much more organized, you can communicate well with your employees and tell exactly what u want to change. Thats it!

Pros

The tools to mark in the content of our creators and that you can have many projects of your organization in one place. And there are different options: For departments, projects, internal projects,... its so helpful to have them all in one place

Cons

there is really nothing I can tell. It improved our processes very well and there's nothing that I can tell right now

Lukas H.
  • Industry: Chemicals

• Customer Support Software

Fast solution for satisfied customers

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

Close cooperation with customers from all industry sectors.
Project support and execution from pre-production to cutting

Pros

fast integration of complex film projects.
fast and easy communication with the customer.
Shortening the correction time

Cons

There is no competitive product.
There is no negative review

Response from Filestage

Lukas, thanks a lot for your review! We really appreciate your feedback. If there's anything you need help with, just let us know.

Best, Max

Swen G.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Collaboration software at its best

Reviewed on 13/09/2021

Pros

easy to use, self-explanatory, good performance, API interface

Cons

The versioning still needs to be better comparable, but according to Filestage it is close to release.

Lizzy M.

Filestage Helps to Move Our Projects Forward

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Pros

I love how easy it is to upload, comment on, and share files. Filestage makes
project collaboration a breeze. I spend more time moving a project forward
vs. figuring out how to move it forward. Filestage does that for us.

Cons

Filestage meets our needs. I haven't encountered any features that are
missing.

Hedda K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

User-friendly software for good coordination of projects and team members

Reviewed on 12/09/2021

For us its a perfect software to coordinate so many team-members and project and have all documents collected on one software.

Pros

For our Team with approximately 50 users of Filestage it is super easy and convinient, to coordinate our 20 projects.

Cons

I think as the software is not completely new a lot of the problems have already been fixed. Sometimes its not clear that a document has more pages. We had the problem that one of the reviewers saw just one page and missed three more pages of a document.

Dennis N.
  • Industry: Animation

Top Review Tool

Reviewed on 13/09/2021

Pros

Give quick and easy review and optimize reviews

Cons

There could be more review steps ;) ........

Boris P.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

HORIZONT Review

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

I live it!!

Pros

Filestage kept rising our dynamic and efficiency of workflow creating Productpapers, factsheets, Presentations a.s.o. to a new level.

Cons

Sometimes the upgolding time for files lasts a bit to long.

Eva R.

Agile tool

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

Feedback from editors and reviewers is very important to solve what you need to.

Pros

The possibility to comment projects speedly and useful.

Cons

Sometimes navigation is not very agile, go back to project or folder when you're in.

Rafael P.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Best in its Class

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Extremely easy to use. Very intuitive. Gets the job done and allows us to work more efficiently and accurately.

Pros

Filestage has been a gamechanger for our company. My team spent a week researching and testing various platforms and options, and none came close to what Filestage offered. I highly recommend it.

Cons

Would like to see a few feature and UI tweaks, but nothing major.

• Customer Support Software

Great for collaboration with students and colleagues

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

Pros

I use the software with students and colleagues. It is very easy to use, works like a swiss clock and allows me to give feedback much faster. My favourite feature: Annotate videos. Far better than writing emails or tickets.

Cons

Unfortunately, the project templates are only available in the Pro and Enterprise Version. Would love to use several templates for different projects with my students and colleagues.

Pauline L.

Amazing tool!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Happy clients! Easy to use, and very intuitive :)

Pros

-Very easy to comment the document
-Very User friendly: we see bullets and the comment appears
-Amazing to be able to see different versions of one document
-One online link, one pop up to invite reviewers to see the document
-Easy to create projects and invite a team to share projects
-Possibility to upload pdf or images into the comments themselves (great!)
-The email is customized with our logo, which is a great idea for our image
-And, the best: my clients are happy to receive this link, and see the comments

Cons

-We could have different colors for bullets points
-All the team members should have access all the projects, without inviting them to see the projects?

Griffin S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Must-have for creative process

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

Filestage has fundamentally changed the way we operate, and I cannot imagine ever going back to the "old way" of reviewing and approving creative.

Pros

Consolidated feedback on creative materials saves us SO much time managing back-and-forth rounds of reviews. It's the digital equivalent of a job jacket full of hand-written rounds of creative feedback. The days of marking up PDFs, scanning handwritten feedback, and long emails are over.

Cons

There are a few minor features that occasionally can be a nuisance, but it's minimal. For example, it would be great to be able to "undo" an approval. Tags can also get lost at times, so it would be nice to have notifications or specific "jump to" tags functionality.

Adam B.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

Very handy little piece of software, capably backed and developed by real human beings.

Reviewed on 20/09/2021

Great little product, and all the interactions I've had with the team behind it have been thoroughly positive.

Pros

FileStage does what you'd hope it does, and does it quickly and easily. At the simplest level, it provides a platform for all levels of dicussion to take place on files in-progress and under review. Start to delve a little and powerful customisation becomes available.

Cons

The mobile version works, but lacking a dedicated app it's not as smooth an experience as the desktop.

Response from Filestage

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

We do understand the advantages of a standalone app and we will look into the possibility of developing one. For the time being we will continue to offer and improve our cloud based solution.

Jenny T.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Makes reviewing creative easy

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Overall I really like it - I would love for it to integrate with other project management tools I use like Basecamp.

Pros

Easy to mark up creative without having to download and upload so many PDFs - I can mark exactly where I want to see changes, and can clearly see how other reviewers have marked it up and if they have approved it.

Cons

It's easy to click into the wrong version and not realize there's a newer version that I should be reviewing instead - sometimes my notification emails come out of order, which causes this.