Hotel Effectiveness

Labor management software for hotels

4.8 /5 (143 reviews) Write a Review!
4.8
4.8
4.6
4.7
4.7
Robert O.

HE review

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

I use it everyday to help the hotel find areas where we need help and where we overspend

Pros

I like the mobile aspect it makes it easy for employees to see their updated schedule whenever I update it

Cons

I dont like the fact that it times out quickly. I also would like to see it integrate with other apps as well.

Tammi S.

HE is Great!!!

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

We are solving hotel labor issues using HE. It is giving Global a better picture of how our labor costs are impacting us. The reports assist us in knowing clearly where we can make adjustments. It also assists in monitoring labor costs for budget purposes.

Pros

I love the ease of functionality with this software. Everything is right at your hands.

Cons

There is not anything that I dislike about this software... If something exists I have not located it.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for using Hotel Effectiveness and giving us an awesome rating. Great customers like you keep us striving to be the best.

Pam P.
Industry: Hospitality

Great tool for labor effectiveness

Reviewed on 12/05/2019

Pros

The ease with which it is to use it. The system is self explanatory and finding specific details you may need is a piece of cake.

Cons

At first it may be difficult to find specific things but once you spend a bit of time on it - everything is there.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for taking the time to send us a favorable review! Your comments are appreciated and lets us know we are making Hotel Effectiveness a better place for our users.

Industry: Hospitality

Hotel Effectivness makes labor management easy!

Reviewed on 04/05/2019

It is significantly easier to manage labor, labor costs, and problomatic employees. It is also an easy way to offer praise to employees that and finishing quickly. I can see the issues on the computer and then further investigate or have a one-on-one to see why somebody is struggling to make a very reasonable time. This answers a lot of questions that we could never answer at a previous hotel.

Pros

I use this to track housekeepers daily time as well as productivity. In the morning I enter their assigned rooms to clean and can see an expected end time which helps monitor productivity during the day. I can plan my day out better when I know how long it will take to finish at the max. I can also see customized times for special cleaning projects and factor that in, in the morning. In the afternoon I fill out another option which is their actual cleans, the work that was completed. This assists in making sure every room sold the night before was either cleaned or serviced. This aligns with our time clock machine so the next day I can track how quickly or how slowly each housekeeper worked. I can see if they finished an hour ahead of time or if they milked the clock and stayed longer than it would take to do the amount of work they actually completed. I am also able to see the budgeted hours for that day or week as well as each employee (as well as department) average time per room. There is another formula built in for supervisors, managers, laundry, etc. All of the people whos jobs cannot be seen on paper but more so their efforts and time on the clock. It is very easy to follow and fill out each day. I also have a daily check in where I review the prior day and can add notes about why we were over or under in hours so that my manager and even the owners can see the trends.

Cons

There are really no downsides to the software IF you are trained on all of the options. When I first began I was taught on the fly by somebody who did not understand it too well. I was only using about 15% of the capabilities the website has to offer. Once an upper manager came in to train me on it I caught on within an hour and was able to maximize my experience.

Micah S.

Helpful Tools

Reviewed on 04/05/2019

Pros

Hotel Effectiveness has a number of very helpful tools that help track the productivity of your employees versus revenue goals/budget that you have set for your business. I also love the overtime tracker that makes it easy to keep an eye on potential extra expenses.

Cons

I don't dislike any of the software as of yet but I'm still exploring all of it's capabilities.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

We love seeing comments from a great customer like you! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your opinions help make Hotel Effectiveness even better.

Monica S.

Love it !!!!

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

A great tool to hold everyone accountable managers and associates included.

Pros

The ability to send each associate their own schedules and communicate the reasons for accepting time off and not accepting.

Cons

Not able to add multiple job codes for communication for schedule what happens is if someone has two job codes then we cannot email or text info to them.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for taking time to leave a review! Your experience using Hotel Effectiveness means a lot to us and your recommendations to make our product better is always taken into consideration.

Tim C.

Efficient, Easy to Use, Easy to Monitor

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Watching labor hours is very easy, and benefits the company (less overtime) as well as the employee (even amount of hours for all on slower weeks). More accurate accounting, by being able to "code" hours to different departments. For example, housekeepers help maintenance paint one week, it is very simple to re-code the department for those hours worked.

Pros

Overtime alerts, planned hour reports, very easy to use. When certain employees are having attendance issues, it takes less than 2 minutes to print out their time sheet.

Cons

I wish we were able to export our company budget to load up on Hotel Effectiveness, I feel like some of the more advanced features are not easy to set-up (minor complaint!).

Anna F.

Wonderful Software

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Loved when they added the linen change and room types in.

Pros

How easy it is to use. And how easy it makes my day by doing all the hard work of assigning rooms and floors each day. The features are endless.

Cons

Not much to say. It always works great for me!

Anthony B.

My opinion of Hotel Effectiveness

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Pros

I would have to say the one thing I like about this software is the ease to navigate through the program.

Cons

I wish there was an app to load on our phone

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

We have an app! It was recently launched in the Apple (IOS) app store and will be live in the Android store soon. Please install it and let us know what you think!

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that overall you are happy with us.

Alvin D.
Industry: Hospitality

very easy and helpful to use

Reviewed on 04/05/2019

able to keep my labor down and adjust it through out the week. It really helps me to better manage my labor.

Pros

It helps me keep on track and lets me no if I needs to adjust more or less to stay on track.I

Cons

I can"t down load it to my phone(or don't know how)

Jerry E.

Labor Control

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

Customer service is top notch, they will respond quickly to your needs and issues.

Pros

Simple guide that assists department managers to complete their department schedules. Daily labor check that monitors previous days results and includes a week to date total of consumed hours; including an approaching overtime report.

Cons

There is nothing regarding this software that is not to like, simple to use.

Dave G.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Best Product for Hotel Labor Management

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

It allows us to control labor and know exactly where we are at in our most controllable expense.

Pros

It makes scheduling based on forecast easy and only requires a couple-minute review each day to see where we are at.

Cons

Its power is in the integrations and therefore if the integrations are not functioning the value of the product is diminished.

Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Keep your hotel labor in line!

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Great for scheduling, keeping labor in line.

Pros

Helps with keeping labor in line for my hotel.

Cons

Needs better integration with our payroll system when an employee is in multiple positions.

Seberina H.
Industry: Hospitality

wacth over housekeeping hours and in rooms

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

if someone late or no call or show up for work

Pros

everything help learn more about keep on keep

Cons

nothing,I like this software and help me out a lot with target of this ladies or gentlemen

John F.

it is a good software

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Pros

it is easy to use. it has many features to help you

Cons

nothing it works well and is easy to use

Rebecca M.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Sofeware for Scheduling and Time Clocks!

Reviewed on 05/05/2019

Easy to use and great customer service!

Pros

Very easy to check employee times and adjust if needed.

Cons

The absence monitor can be incorrect due to people switching shifts.

Pankaj T.

Feedback

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

Pros

User Friendly, training program is the best

Cons

Customer service can be better and faster

Ashley J.

Very Effective Program

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

Pros

Managing and being able to control labor

Cons

This is a great program. I do not have any negative feedback.

Mandy E.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Good for labor scheduling and reduction of overtime

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Helps cut down on overtime

Pros

Produces reports that are very effective in many areas...

Cons

It doesnt take certain things into account..

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We are glad that you have seen overtime savings as a result of our product. Most hotels also find savings in contract labor and scheduling inefficiencies, all of which can add up to a big boost in operating profit.

As you know, our standards are fully configurable, so you can take into account any business driver or rule that you like in order to build your labor plans and schedule templates. Let us know if we can help you with this setup process!

Stefanie K.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Pros

Love that I can do a daily labor check in and see all the associates easily in one place. Excellent for keeping track of days off and requests off. Easily add gratuities and bonus incentives. Can't think of any easier way to keep track of so many associate requests and hours.

Cons

That I have to scroll to the top to see the time card when I click on someones time card the start their last name is at the bottom of the alphabet. Honestly that is very insignificant in the great number of on that HE does for our property!!

Lorenzo R.
Industry: Hospitality

not intended for stay over properties

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

I never liked due the property lay outs and occupancy neither the fact of extended stay properties and the fact of no getting reports easy to read for a supervisor as far as the ones for Hilton.
I have worked on 2 different properties and honestly never used since it never worked out for my properties.

Pros

easy to upload and saving time
I don't really have much that I could like

Cons

I don't like that is hard to give the same amount of rooms even when I have done all the things possible to do so,
A property like this is hard to have someone do 11 check outs plus stay overs
or having someone do 30 + stay overs due the amount of people per room and long stay guest
I believe the system set up would work great for a non extended stay properties

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Dear Mr. Ramirez,
We serve over 400 extended stay hotels today and are definitely able to support your needs. Please reach out to our support team so we can review your configuration and set up your property so that you have the controls you are seeking. Thank you for the feedback and for being our customer.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Wanakee H.

How awesome is this!!

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

My experience was a bit scary at first not knowing if I could correct my errors and just trying to operate the system. After a tad bit of repetitive practice I now am teaching the software to my colleagues.

Pros

The software allows me to easily access the database for everyday use. Tracking hours and making the proper adjustments is also what I like.

Cons

I'm not able to pull up everyone's schedule (I may not have access). However when another manager ask me to complete task for them I'm not always allowed to accommodate them.

Jason S.

Great tool

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Great tool that all departments use daily.

Pros

When the product is teamed up with your time management system it gives great data on how your labor was used for the day, week, etc. I does a great job breaking down the data in more reports than you need but you can find the ones you like easily.

Cons

I do wish it updated faster when corrections are made to the time management system.

Josh H.

Hotel Effectiveness

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

I love Hotel Effectiveness. I have been using it for years with two different hotel management companies. It is a high quality tool for our hotels.

Pros

Hotel Effectiveness is a great labor tracking tool. It makes daily review of hotel labor quick and easy. I love the myriad reports you can generate to break down the labor numbers.

Cons

I wish there was more functionality for myhotelteam.com. They should be able to switch shifts and more on the site. It should have its own app too.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for the review! Good news for you - the MyHotetTeam mobile app is going to be live in the App Stores (iOS and Android) in a few days! It includes some enhanced functionality, and over the next several months we will be implementing a number of major improvements to the service. We look forward to sustaining your happiness with our services and to working with your hotels!

Mary L.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Having Hotel Effectiveness has eliminated the 'manual' entry of employee timecards. The punches are electronically made and housed within Hotel Effectiveness. So when it comes time to process payroll it is so easy. Just pull a report and it can download all the payroll information into our payroll accounting software.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It is easy to navigate from page to page. It has 'real time' punches. There is no need to 'wait' or having to manually capture time punches.

Cons

I have no cons about the software at this time.