Hotel Effectiveness

Labor management software for hotels

4.8 /5 (143 reviews) Write a Review!

Stefanie K.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Pros

Love that I can do a daily labor check in and see all the associates easily in one place. Excellent for keeping track of days off and requests off. Easily add gratuities and bonus incentives. Can't think of any easier way to keep track of so many associate requests and hours.

Cons

That I have to scroll to the top to see the time card when I click on someones time card the start their last name is at the bottom of the alphabet. Honestly that is very insignificant in the great number of on that HE does for our property!!

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for using Hotel Effectiveness and giving us an awesome rating. Great customers like you keep us striving to be the best.

Lorenzo R.

• Customer Support Software

not intended for stay over properties

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

I never liked due the property lay outs and occupancy neither the fact of extended stay properties and the fact of no getting reports easy to read for a supervisor as far as the ones for Hilton.
I have worked on 2 different properties and honestly never used since it never worked out for my properties.

Pros

easy to upload and saving time
I don't really have much that I could like

Cons

I don't like that is hard to give the same amount of rooms even when I have done all the things possible to do so,
A property like this is hard to have someone do 11 check outs plus stay overs
or having someone do 30 + stay overs due the amount of people per room and long stay guest
I believe the system set up would work great for a non extended stay properties

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Dear Mr. Ramirez,
We serve over 400 extended stay hotels today and are definitely able to support your needs. Please reach out to our support team so we can review your configuration and set up your property so that you have the controls you are seeking. Thank you for the feedback and for being our customer.

Wanakee H.

How awesome is this!!

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

My experience was a bit scary at first not knowing if I could correct my errors and just trying to operate the system. After a tad bit of repetitive practice I now am teaching the software to my colleagues.

Pros

The software allows me to easily access the database for everyday use. Tracking hours and making the proper adjustments is also what I like.

Cons

I'm not able to pull up everyone's schedule (I may not have access). However when another manager ask me to complete task for them I'm not always allowed to accommodate them.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

We love seeing comments from a great customer like you! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your opinions help make Hotel Effectiveness even better.

Jason S.

Great tool

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Great tool that all departments use daily.

Pros

When the product is teamed up with your time management system it gives great data on how your labor was used for the day, week, etc. I does a great job breaking down the data in more reports than you need but you can find the ones you like easily.

Cons

I do wish it updated faster when corrections are made to the time management system.

Josh H.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Hotel Effectiveness

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

I love Hotel Effectiveness. I have been using it for years with two different hotel management companies. It is a high quality tool for our hotels.

Pros

Hotel Effectiveness is a great labor tracking tool. It makes daily review of hotel labor quick and easy. I love the myriad reports you can generate to break down the labor numbers.

Cons

I wish there was more functionality for myhotelteam.com. They should be able to switch shifts and more on the site. It should have its own app too.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for the review! Good news for you - the MyHotetTeam mobile app is going to be live in the App Stores (iOS and Android) in a few days! It includes some enhanced functionality, and over the next several months we will be implementing a number of major improvements to the service. We look forward to sustaining your happiness with our services and to working with your hotels!

Mary L.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Having Hotel Effectiveness has eliminated the 'manual' entry of employee timecards. The punches are electronically made and housed within Hotel Effectiveness. So when it comes time to process payroll it is so easy. Just pull a report and it can download all the payroll information into our payroll accounting software.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It is easy to navigate from page to page. It has 'real time' punches. There is no need to 'wait' or having to manually capture time punches.

Cons

I have no cons about the software at this time.

Jonathan G.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Easy to Use- Straight Forward to Learn

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

This is my second hotel working with Hotel Effectiveness. I enjoy the ease of use and find the tutorials very informative. Scheduling is simplified and doesn't experience lag. The option to set up auto-generated reports for to monitor labor offers peace of mind.
Great asset to equip your hotel operations team with.

Pros

The software is easy to use. There are a list of tutorials to offering ease of use learning the software.
It's very straightforward and user friendly. Scheduling is made efficiently and the program is not heavy to run. Forecasting formulas for allocating labor hours is seamless. Adding users is straightforward. You can add tips, declare tips, bonuses, incentives, PTO, and vacation in a breeze.
Allows for employees with multiple coding without manual calculation for rate differentials.

Cons

Although was resolved by customer support; slight challenge coding an employee with a promotion.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for taking the time to send us a favorable review! Your comments are appreciated and lets us know we are making Hotel Effectiveness a better place for our users.

Natasha J.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 04/05/2019

Great Benefits are the Game Day Process for the housekeepers which keeps them up to date with their Minutes per Occupied rooms cleaned. The 5 mins labor check in helps me see who is getting close to overtime.

Pros

It is very user friendly system, and helps me keep up with MPOR , Revenues and Time Keeping.

Cons

The clock that is used for the employees to clock in and out, has had to be replaced 3 times in 2 years since i have been at this location with Duke Hospitality

Sara P.

Easy and A Minor Annoyance

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Pros

Easy to access information and to schedule employees

Cons

I wish there was a monthly view of the scheduler. I like to input employee requests off as I get them and I don't like having to go through every week to get to the one I want.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you very much for your review! We are happy that you like the product and are always available to help you if you need it.

The Time Off Request Manager will enable you to enter employee time off requests as far in advance as you like. You can also see them in one place at any time, and all pending and approved requests are built into the schedules for that week. Scheduling is available up to 13 weeks in advance, but you are correct that it is only available in weekly view. We are exploring monthly views for schedule but want to be sure that the information on the screen is readable.

Randy G.

GM at Holiday Inn Express

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

I have been able to met or exceed in beating my labor costs against my budget and forecasts. I feel more confident in my labor cost and explaining why we were over a day. I can drill down to see trends that may be happening.

Pros

The data that I can see and the information daily of how we are doing with our labor costs. The scheduling feature is fast and easy also.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. This software has been wonderful to work with.

Michelle C.

A GOOD PROGRAM

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Very good experience.

Pros

It is very easy to use and enter data to keep records for night audit and payroll.
It also alerts you if some data is missing.

Cons

I can't say there was anything I did not like.

Greg D.

Always willing to help!

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

This software helps keep management in-line with the budget that is set by ownership.

Pros

It is user friendly and the reports are very useful.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of any off the top of my head

Jesica W.

Easy Use

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

With hotel effectiveness I'm able to see and keep better track of Dept and individual hours. Who is getting close to overtime. The schedule is an awesome item for this as well.

Pros

Easy to use, simple directions to most asked questions. I have not had to look too far or long for an answer to any of my questions I've had.

Cons

Nothing, Everything has been easy to use and to find.

Miochie S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Restaurant Manager

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

It is easy to use and to training other on

Pros

IT is easy to Program to use and help other associates with

Cons

It is nothing that I don't like about it

Indera K.

• Customer Support Software

Great way to keep track of labor

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

Pros

It gives you all the daily information of the hotel in one snapshot

Cons

it is not printer friendly on all of the screens

Delton S.

Outstanding

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Pros

Makes tracking labor incredibly easy, the new automation with our PMS is great

Cons

No major cons to speak of now that we have automation with PMS in place. I hope you will expand to all PMS programs (ie, Choice)

Andrea C.

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Pros

Very user friendly and provides you with a ton of information. A feature that I find very helpful is the attendance tracker.

Cons

There is really nothing I dislike about the software.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

It's always great to hear our tools are useful for our customers. This is what we strive for. Thank you for finding the time to send us your review!

Lester S.

Property Level

Helps us keep track

Pros

Easy to use at the hotel level for all team to keep track of time.

Cons

All is well and I feel it is a good program for us company wide.

Lorraine C.

Hotel Effectiveness Review

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

I use it every day and love it

Pros

very friendly user great to work around, easy to change times

Cons

nothing, I love it loads, there is nothing to dis like

Kevin S.

General Manager

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Pros

Easy to read and use great charts, Easy to get to employee's files daily reports.

Cons

Sometime when submit changes takes a while to up date .

Dorian D.

Good Tool

Reviewed on 05/05/2019

View Labor

Pros

Ease to operate and to install schedule times.

Cons

Not able to erase unwanted schedule times.

Patrick M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Lots of functionality

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Effective, efficient, and a great communicator with regional staff that need to see schedules/punches for colleagues at different hotels.

Pros

Offers loads of information and ways to manage. A great tool for budgeting and multi-property use.

Cons

I haven't been able to utilize all it has to offer.

Rajesh P.

• Customer Support Software

Perfect for Hotels if you have time...

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Used to use it often but now we use internal data to get our statistics.

Pros

Rich features that take into account the many different ways labor is tracked for the hospitality industry. Daily emails for reporting is a nice plus.

Great time tracking ability.

Cons

Software is too cumbersome and unruly. You need to create easier workflows to make changes within a hotel. No single screen gives you a snapshot of how labor is setup.

You have to go to too many different parts of the software to setup employees and how they are tracked.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for using Hotel Effectiveness. Great customers like you keep us striving to be the best.

Tom S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Hotel Effectiveness User Review

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Pros

Ease of use for all managers. Online resources to answer the majority of questions. The reporting functionality covers everything you need.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about the software.

Kathleen F.

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

The staff has an easy time using it to clock in/out and it's simple to fix issues.

Pros

Very user friendly, I had no training and was able to easily figure it out. Adding and changing times are easy to do.

Cons

It doesn't go well with my pay periods and shows hours as overtime when they should be regular hours.