Winmo

Sales prospecting tool for marketing teams & agencies

4.5 /5 (125 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
Lindsay M.

Winmo Review 2019

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 25/07/2019

I'm unsure of the cost of the product and I believe my company had a lower level tier so depending on the different pricing thresholds and offerings, I think I would need to evaluate my options before deciding to move forward with the software.

Pros

It's great for prospecting clients/agencies and finding out more information about a company

Cons

The product isn't the most up to date and has a ton of limitations in terms of the information available

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Since learning about WinmoEgde, it is now the first thing I open up when I get to my desk

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Overall, as someone who is one the phones and constantly prospecting, I would recommend Winmo to anyone who wants new data at their finger tips that can seamlessly integrate with their CRM. I notice your efforts to constantly be improving and listening to feedback and appreciate that as a customer.

Pros

Since going through a training with Shelby on all the functions of Winmo, I have been logging in as soon as I get to my desk to see new articles on WinmoEdge and really utilize the vulnerable accounts list in my prospecting efforts. I also like to see the wide array of companies you have data for as well as media spend, revenue, agency relationships and personality traits.

Cons

I think the challenge is keeping the info up to date. I do often times download a new contact and find out they have since left the company. Because you can only check on this info so often, I would propose a better process for Winmo users to requesting an append for contacts at a certain company or maybe this already exists and if so, I would like to be informed on what it is. Really glad that the duplicate feature was recently installed ... that is a big help! I also think offering companies an incentive for multiple users is a good idea because the more associates that use it within an organization, the more advocates you will have (again, maybe this is something you already do.. I was not a part of the purchasing process).

Jackie C.
Industry: Entertainment

Winmo Review

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Pros

I like that it is super easy to use, and is a top source in my industry to find contact info for sponsorship and marketing decision makers.

Cons

I have really struggled with finding accurate contact information in the last year. I always have to double-check LinkedIn to make sure titles are correct, and often there are discrepancies, or the people no longer work at the company. There is also a lot of missing info all together... I find a lot more people on LinkedIn than are included in the Winmo Database for various companies, which is frustrating... because my purpose of using Winmo is to get those email addresses and phone numbers.

Response from List Partners

This is helpful feedback for us Jackie, thanks for taking the time to provide a review. I'll have our account management team reach out to address some of your missing info concerns - and an inside scoop - we're in the process of a big sponsorship contact addition project which will hit Winmo shortly, I think it will be a big help! Thanks again for your feedback.

Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Winmo for the Salesperson

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Throughout years in sales at different companies, Winmo has always been a tool that I have taken with me for my career.

Pros

Without Winmo, prospecting in a sales job would be next to impossible. The in-depth information allows me to find and connect with potential partners. From contact and company information to brand planning and budget trends, Winmo provides an overview that is not available anywhere else.

Cons

I would love a feature to populate a company or find a contact if it is not listed in Winmo.

I got to have my Winmo!

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

In my line of work - I really can't live without it. It is perfect for advertising media prospecting. Thank you so much!

Pros

With great ease - you can discover who is the most likely name to go after within each company or agency listing. I also love the fact that OOH is in the breakout of media spend - as it should be.

Cons

Sometimes some of the newer companies I prospect are not in the database and I have to reach out to customer support for help in finding them. But that does not happen often.

Zev S.

Quality Prospects At Your Fingertips

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 16/09/2019

This product was explored as an option but ultimately our company went to Salesforce instead. It was considered downstream to use at a later date

Pros

Large amount of contacts in their database so that you can get in contact with the correct person. The information is not outdated and typically up to date. Really liked the list building feature

Cons

there are some occasions where the information is not correct but that is to be expected. I'd like to see more integrations with other sales software tools

Barbra T.

Great resource for prospecting

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Pros

As we travel to different cities to visit clients and set up additional meetings, being able to search prospective companies by city is extremely helpful.

Cons

Many newer tech companies and start ups are not yet a part of Winmo.

Tyler C.

Research

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Sometimes it's hard finding contact info like emails and phone numbers, but Winmo provides it all in one place.

Pros

Winmo provides great content and contact info!

Cons

Sometimes smaller clients and agencies are not within the platform.

Traci L.
Industry: Online Media

Insight a plenty

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

Pros

I find your software very helpful while prospecting new clients. I really enjoy the additional insight into the individual's personal style.

Cons

I personally cannot say anything negative about Winmo.

Carly H.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

WinmoEdge is the best!

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

GREAT! Fast, efficient and very helpful. The customer service is awesome too!

Pros

Lots of contacts and email formats to explore. Love that they have media spend and agencies included for each account.

Cons

No cons! I’d love to know more information about how companies use their media spend. It would be helpful to have this breakdown when prospecting.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

winmo is solid, but not perfect

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

about as good as I can get for now...

Pros

easy access, quick information in a pinch.

Cons

not all the companies I want are there, media information is always low or missing. lag on contacts. I expect CEO contacts and they are often not there.

Chris P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Super smart and effective biz dev resource

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

It has taken hours and hours of manual or multi-solution research off my plate, allowing me to focus on better, higher value prospects.

Pros

It gives interesting insights you can leverage in outreach that'll be more highly valued.

Cons

At times the contact lists are out of sync. That said, with the pace of change it's remarkably accurate and they are always standing by to make an update for you if needed.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Love winmo edge updates

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

overall I like it and am happy to have it.

Pros

Winmo edge, hands down! It has some really great articles, and a plus that is is sent to my email each day. They email addresses are great, but i find it's missing quite a few.

Cons

Missing many email addresses, and when I give feedback, i don't always hear back.

Sheri W.
Industry: Broadcast Media

great resource

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Pros

email addresses are up to date. edge is up to date

Cons

company vs advertising agency listing is not segregated

Kyle M.

Gr8ness

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Identify Decision Makers, and Correct Points of Contact and gaining their contact info.

Pros

Simple, easy to use, allows me to Mark Out of date information and will respond within 24 hours with the correct information!

Cons

Would be nice to receive a response faster than 24 hours.

Industry: Broadcast Media
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Winmo for Prospecting

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Winmo has been a major tool since redbooks closed.

Pros

For some clients there is fantastic information and links about the client and their spend.

Cons

The lack of information for some major clients. There should be as much basic info as possible for all clients in system. A lot of clients needs to be updated

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great data and easy to use.

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Pros

Winmo provides a tremendous amount of data and information right at the fingertips. I love that I can download a full lists of contacts in a simple CSV.

Cons

Not every contact has all of the contact fields, such as LinkedIn profiles.

Good Database and News

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Pros

The database is fairly accurate and the news stories have good leads.

Cons

Paying per download, when a lot of emails bounce, and lack of some other more advanced tech features.

Winmo Review - Hunter Renfro

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

I like using Winmo, but would like better contact information as that is most important to my job.

Pros

The ease of use is the best and I really like to depth of information that if gives on each company.

Cons

Contact information can be missing. The contact information is key to prospecting and starting the sales process. Also, there is a lack of companies that can keep me from using the product all of the time.

Marco G.

Ok... does the job

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Pros

The morning Winmo emails are good for us

Cons

Seems like some other options out there might be better at this point and have passed Winmo by

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Industry: Computer Games

Winmo is a time saver

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

I'd say its a good tool...saves time. I supplement with LinkedIn to fill in blanks.

Pros

Easy to navigate and easy to use. Good source of information.

Cons

It seems Winmo is only updated when users ping them about dead emails or phone numbers. In my experience some get updated and others just get credited to your account. Corp information such as ad spends, etc. is not consistent across brands...

Matthew N.

Great software, some gaps

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Pros

I like how easy it is to find companies, contacts and news information

Cons

Information can be unreliable and out of date

James T.
Industry: Events Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Awesome product in theory.

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

It's a mixed bag. Ultimately, in our event/experiential staffing niche, we've not netted a ton of business as a result of the research and lists we've been able to pull out of Winmo to date. It's been most useful to me as a research tool, but not as a back door to awesome contacts.

Pros

- capability to search from multiple directions to arrive at the same research goal.
- I never got a bounce back on an email I found on Winmo.
- Winmo Edge is my favorite.
- Great for top down searches.

Cons

- There was a deficit of contacts in the level that I needed to connect. (Directors and Account Managers)
- Phone numbers were generally not direct numbers, but company numbers.
- Every time I change from agency search to contact search, etc., the page has to reload.
- I don't like the contact management within Winmo. I have to export them to use them effectively.

Bonnie B.

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

I find relevant prospecting information from Winmo Edge that allows me to quickly reach out to prospects and get their attention. The time Winmo saves from a prospecting standpoint is invaluable. It allows me to focus my time on getting in front of brands rather than hunting down their contact information.

Pros

Winmo is a massive time saver when it comes to prospecting for the marketing world. With a few clicks, you can create vertical-specific prospect lists that are typically up to date. I love the company profiles as well as being able to sort companies in so many ways.

Cons

I don't like that there isn't an "emerging brand" category and they don't have a plethora of small-cap companies.

Spencer B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Winmo is a fantastic product!

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

It was very positive. Customer service was great as my two reps were very quick to respond and help.

Pros

I really like the entire database. The easy accessibility to find contacts at companies makes it very easy to prospect. My favorite tool, however, is Winmo Edge. Having access to those up to date articles is huge!

Cons

I would say that there are a lot of unbounces/undeliverables. If I were winmo, I would credit back all bounces/undeliverable emails.