Winmo

Sales prospecting tool for marketing teams & agencies

4.4 /5 (127 reviews) Write a Review!

Patrick S.

Senior Marketing Manager

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

It has been great. I have used the platform for multiple years and have few major complaints. It has been beneficial for our sales activities. Our Account Manager has always been very responsive to questions.

Pros

As a Marketing Manager who creates go to market strategies and prospecting plans for a national sales force, the Winmo Edge insights, Kantar media data and client contacts are invaluable. My company uses several other prospecting tools and Winmo is by far the most user friendly platform we use. The recent acquisitions they've added to the platform have also been beneficial for me and my team.

Cons

Downloads are can be ate up quickly when using for mass prospecting activities which forces us to be much more strategic in what we export. For example, we call on agencies across the country and acquiring contacts across the account teams can be arduous project.

Jess S.

Help From Winmo

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

My overall experience with Winmo has been quite positive and I would definitely recommend!

Pros

I love the ease in use of Winmo. There are tons of different options to filter when searching for companies and agencies, which is incredibly helpful. It's absolutely my go-to research tool!

Cons

The only con I could note about this software is that I've run into a few occasions where individuals I was looking to contact were not listed or the email formula had been changed, but Winmo is wonderful about responding to inquiries for specific contact info.

Patricia J.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Patricia's Review

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Excellent. I'm always able to get great new leads on a regular basis and any leads that have incorrect email addresses are promptly revised.

Pros

Ease of use and design. Very logically laid out.

Cons

On the Recent Contacts - it would be extremely helpful to have the Agency one color and the Brand Another color. If you're unclear what I'm referring to please reach out.

Caryn T.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

The best lead provider in the world.

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

I rely on Winmo to keep me abreast of the industry's updates. As it changes daily, recewiving the information each day is vital. Because it's sent to me via email, I don't have to go anywhere on the web to find the information. It's right in my Inbox.

Pros

Current. Ease of use. Daily emails. Simple to use for looking up agencies, contact, companies.

Cons

No U.S. teritory (Puerto Rico/St. Thomas) information, but you can't have everything.

• Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Great for contact info and building out targets within organizations

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

The biggest value for me and my team is the ability to identify target contacts across respective industries and companies.

Pros

I enjoy the consistent publishing of prospecting triggers and the ability to drill into contacts - particularly their LinkedIn page to bypass LinkedIns limited free search.

Cons

I think it would be helpful if it aggregated creative examples of current campaigns on brand pages. Also, from a sponsorship perspective it would be great if it listed current partnerships that are apart of their portfolio.

• Customer Support Software

Winmo is a must for new business

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

I have used this product for about 2 years now. It is very critical to my job.

Pros

If you want to find out about a potential client if you work in advertising, Winmo can give you the details on the company, including media spend, marketing contacts, agency of record, and virtually everything else you need in the new business world.

Cons

It is very pricey, and now that they've bought up their rivals, there is no real competition.

Bruce K.

Incredibly Useful

Excellent

Pros

As we are in the business of prospecting for new business my team, and I, use WINMO extensively for a myriad of reasons. The information is pretty current and usually directionally correct or close to it.

Cons

Some of the contacts are out of date and some of the article info is a bit dated.

Bradley W.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Solid product

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Overall, I enjoy working within Winmo each week, and sometimes day.

Pros

I am able to view industry articles, articles specific to my accounts/prospects, as well as see a breakdown of what accounts are currently doing when it comes to marketing mix.

Cons

Sometimes numbers seem to be outdated or inaccurate.

Amy L.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Good lead source

Good experience

Pros

Ability to find correct people and scout ooh updates

Cons

Sometimes information is outdated
Emails Incorrect

• Industry: Online Media
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Necessary tool for Sales pros

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Pros

A lot of information all in one place. Brand information is pretty accurate and lots of timely updates.

Cons

Not as much information on lesser known brands. There were a number of my clients who have locations nationwide who have absolutely no information in Winmo.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Prospecting and Informational Tool

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Pros

They have a lot of great reports that you can customize. They're Winmo Edge emails are helpful as well.

Cons

Sometimes the information is outdated or a couple months too late.

• Industry: Sports

winmo review

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Winmo is very useful in a sales ops role for prospecting and research - i use it daily

Pros

edge news feature, search function with filters by location/industry, contacts

Cons

infrequent updates, lack of filter by sport/property, little information on sports marketing agencies

Adrienne M.

Great Tool

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Pros

Great interface, easy to find key pieces of critical information. Winmo Edge is a great service in and of itself as well - interesting insights to high-growth spaces or areas of my agency's particular interest.

Cons

I have found certain pieces of information to be out of date - i.e. spend, agency roster, etc. Tough to get a list of prospects based on industry.

Robin N.

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Winmo has been very helpful to my position

Pros

I like how I can find media spend on pretty much every major advertiser

Cons

When the contacts provided are incorrect

Hayden L.

A little overwhelming, but powerful!

Reviewed on 26/10/2019

Really enjoyed it. It was a little more powerful than I'm used to, but I can see the benefit from that.

Pros

Helped a couple of clients with this software, and man, is it great! As a marketing nerd, I loved being able to explore the software and utilize it for my clients' benefit.

Cons

It's pricey! Personally, as a sole proprietor, I wouldn't use it for my own business. But for larger-scale enterprises, it's a different story. It's an investment, but with big investments come big returns.

Leila O.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great Resource

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Winmo saves so much time and effort and makes the outreach process a lot easier and effective.

Pros

My favorite aspect about Winmo is the fact that all of the information is in one place. I mainly use it to get contacts from companies that I am reaching out to and having all of the information like phone number, email, etc., is super convenient.

Cons

I think sometimes it can be a little bit difficult to navigate through customizing lists.

Aviel E.
  • Industry: Publishing

Winmo for Multicultural Marketers

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

It's great for startups and midsized businesses interested in growing their business.

Pros

It has a lot of good industry contacts and great user interface

Cons

Sometimes it isn't fully updated from a contacts perspective.

John L.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Tool for Research and Prospecting

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

It has been great from support to use. Overall very good experience

Pros

Easy to use, data no one else has, helpful for knowing when to target potential buyers

Cons

Not all accounts have the same information

Great Service

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Pros

Winmo saves me so much time when it comes to lead generation and finding key contacts. When I can't find what I'm looking for the Winmo customer service team is always there to help research. I'm very happy with the service.

Cons

Not all business segments are covered and sometimes the contact email addresses aren't valid.

Lisa B.
  • Industry: Online Media

Media Sales Tool Review

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Decent for prospecting. Not good at all for figuring out who to reach out to

Pros

I like the Kantar spending data being available by type of medium

Cons

I wish the spending data was updated sooner. I am not impressed with the contact information. Pretty decent on the client side, though very outdated. Terrible for agency contacts and agency affiliations. Should have more in-depth info. as to what the agency handles for the account, what the media people handle for an account - especially with big conglomerate accounts with many brands

Alyssa F.

ACTIVATE

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Pros

I really like how youre able to find emails within the program. Also, being able to just search Fashion & find all companies that relate to this.

Cons

Sometimes I find an email that is incorrect but that's all that I've had trouble with.

Gaby F.
  • Industry: Market Research Software

Spotty for updates

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

I'm finding more success with media radar for smaller agencies in smaller conurbations.

Pros

It's easy to use. Clean interface. Search is prominent.

Cons

Doesn't link to sfdc no one click link to help desk if I can't find a contact.

• Customer Support Software

Not ideal or cost effective for mid-sized or smaller

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

Overall, it’s a nice to have platform but for the cost it’s very difficult to justify if you aren’t one of the largest organizations, going after almost exclusively the largest organizations in a space. Additionally, the limited exports make it clunky.

Pros

The predictive insights are really helpful and the daily digests and customizable alerts allow me to stay really up to date with the industry, what’s happening, and be proactive before things are very widely known.

Cons

The database itself is insanely expensive for what it is. It’s often inaccurate (outdated) and really really heavily focused on the most massive companies - which I actually find are the easiest to uncover contact information for on my own anyways. If you plan to build large lists and export for any reason, this is absolutely not the most cost effective platform for you. Same goes with needing mid sized or smaller business contacts, definitely not the place for it.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Prospecting for new business is always a struggle and Winmo is my life saver! without it, I'm not sure I would survive. It is my life line to all that I do. I can dig and search for about anything and EVERYTHING I do. I recommend this software to anyone and everyone I come into contact with, whether client/agency/prospect... I absolutely am their biggest advocate.

Pros

Winmo is invaluable. The insight that you can find on any given advertiser is amazing. If something you are looking for isn't there? Not to worry, just ask and they will find it for you! I can't live with out it.

Cons

nothing. To be honest, the only CON is there could be too much information, but is that really true? not in my opinion.

Francesca P.

Great resource for vendors

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Overall experience has been great. I continue to use Winmo daily as a primary resource for news and contacts.

Pros

I use Winmo almost daily! It is great for finding contacts at brands or agencies and keeping up to date on daily news across marketing topics. It's Winmo Edge feature is especially useful (Winmo's news platform that publishes content on everything from campaign launches to RFPs.)

Cons

Not a lot to complain about here. Sometimes there isn't a ton of information on smaller brands or startups - however, Winmo allows its users to request information that isn't already available, such as contacts.