BOSS Solutions Suite

BOSS Solutions a FrontRunner in Help Desk Software

4.6 /5 (93 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.7
4.4
4.5
4.8
Kurt W.

Best Help Desk software we've ever used

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Overall experience has been very good. We've been able to customize and implement custom ticketing queues in several different areas of our organization, including Fleet Services, Building Maintenance, and Communications with more to come. A very positive experience.

Pros

The installation experience was easy, set up was intuitive, and they continue to make improvements with every iteration.

Cons

Reporting is a bit more limited than I'd like, but their support has been fantastic in assisting with generating custom one-off reports to fit our needs.

Katherine V.
  • Industry: Machinery

Very User and Agent Friendly Application

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

I solve computer issues remotely with Boss Desk as well as track the work we're doing in the office via walkups. With the use that we need I feel it does an excellent job at fulfilling it. I really enjoy many aspectsa of BossDesk that makes my work run smoothly! We rely heavily on this application and I couldn't see it any other way.

Pros

I enjoy the user interface and find it very easy to use on both the agent view and requester view. In my job I'm not only responding and dealing with tickets but putting in tickets for other issues and experience little to no issues! Very easy to see where I need to do.

Cons

There's only one thing I truly have to complain about and it's the weird refresh error I get. If I have bossdesk open for maybe an hour or so with no activity the moment I go to use it it'll freeze, refresh, and then give me an error screen. Then I just follow my bookmarked link and it all works again. I've become pretty used to it so it hasn't been too much of a pain if I'm honest!

Nathaniel J.

Support Needs

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Pros

This application is very intuitive and very customizable.

Cons

The Role options, but those are currently being worked on to increase the flexibility in that feature.

Ben S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Always can find new ways to leverage BossDesk to do more.

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

BossDesk is providing us with a solid ticketing system. The additional features like being able to turn emails into tickets makes this product very useful.

Pros

The software is easy to use and allows you to create customizable service requests, which has proven to be VERY helpful. There are a lot of features associated with BossDesk that allow you to feed into the application with email or Google, and this has proven to be a game changer for us. We can create a "comment" in a Google doc and use the Boss postbox feature to create a ticket off of this comment. We also can have a piece of IT equipment email a ticket into Boss when there is an outage. There are a lot of little integrations like these two examples that extend the usefulness of the application.

Cons

BossDesk has a dashboard with widgets that display ticket counts and allows you to open a view of those tickets - I wish it could use "custom" fields from the service requests to create dashboard items. Also, management would like to see more reporting features. All in all, still not too much downside to BossDesk.

John G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Overall I have been very satisfied with BOSS and would recommend it to other small to mid sized companies.

Pros

BOSS has great customer service. Every time I have had an issue they resolve it quickly. Our account engineer also stays on top of informing us of updates and helps us implement them in very helpful and prompt ways.

Cons

Their latest product has a few issues to still work through. AD integrated login wasn't included in the first several releases and that prevented us from updating. Although AD integrated login is now a part of the product, the lack of that feature made it feel like they pushed this version before it was really ready.

Kim F.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

My most useful tools providing service to my customers. Support Central, Web and Mobile...

Reviewed on 02/10/2017

Implements our service response and keeps history.

Pros

Quickly write a ticket and assign it. Distributes with ease on 3 platforms. Support is very responsive and they've always helped me. Looking forward to the new web version. I hope to set it up with an ITIL theme. Very reasonably priced. Lots of webinars.

Cons

Someone in my organization designed the hierarchy before I got here and I would have done it differently. Will correct it when mapping to the new version. Had to learn SQL to get the kind of reports that I wanted.

Bryan H.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Long time BOSS user

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

I have been a BOSS user since the only product was DAIGwin. I have used the BOSS software at several locations and on several jobs. Each time I can honestly say that when an idea was presented from the user community, BOSS listened ad tried to implement the changes necessary to keep their software evolving.

Pros

We implemented the helpdesk software several years ago. it has always been user friendly and the changes that have been made along the way have helped our organization.

Cons

I am not sure that I have anything that I like least.

Deanna C.

Great product for IT!

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

BOSS has been a great product within our county, allowing IT to better streamline support needs. BOSS support has also been great to work with and help us get to where we are going!

Pros

Love the ability to create electronic forms that automatically generate Support tickets based on different fields on the form. Really a time saver for IT staff!

Cons

The Reporting tools and Survey capture/reporting could be better.

Whitney K.

Our Solution was BOSS

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Pros

I am satisfied with the BOSS ticketing system, asset management, and ease of use. We have begun using electronic forms and it has made our every day work life a lot easier.

Cons

Have no cons - it meets our needs perfectly.

Paul H.

Very Good Experience with BOSS Support Central

Reviewed on 14/03/2017

Boss Support Central hass really helped us to manage and streamline our trouble ticket calls. It has really eased the pain of how we were doing trouble tickets before. Also, the inventory management functions have been very useful and allowed us to computerize all of our inventory in one central location.

Pros

Very easy to manage and access trouble tickets.
Very nice inventory management functions

Cons

None that I can think of

Paul R.

For what I use the software for, it has the most robust feature set that I have seen.

Reviewed on 22/05/2017

Pros

I like the ability to keep track of, and access user systems from within the software. It has made my job immeasurably easier.

Cons

The reporting structure could be more user friendly. It is fairly difficult to use the wizard to create reports.

Nicholas S.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Quick and easy to use ticketing system!

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Pros

This ticketing system is much faster than any other I've used in the past. I also like the web based interface.

Cons

Custom feature requests could be improved.

Letitia B.

Boss Conference

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Boss is easy to navigate

Pros

It work for different departments and many types of jobs.

Cons

Nothing as of now. Boss have been a help to the City of College Park.

Miros T.
  • Industry: Banking

Great Product

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

I've worked with the software for about 5 years and I've never had any major issues with it. Also, their staff has always been very friendly and helpful, which is very important when considering vendors, in my opinion.

Pros

This product works pretty well and is very easy to configure and maintain.

Cons

The user interface used to look a little outdated in their previous versions, but their latest version looks a lot better.

Joshua P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

ITIL centric service desk solution w/ unlimited customization, great clean, easy to navigate UI

Reviewed on 19/05/2017

We have xut down on thr amount of emails needing to be sent. The purchasing process has been streamlined and greatly improved efficientcies. Standardized our onboarding process.

Pros

Fully customizable, good automation and powerful workflows. Great reporting, Good "single pane of glass" software

Stephen W.

I can see and track and report on any of my computers

Reviewed on 16/09/2015

All my computers are right where i want them. I love the part i can push out software. it has become my go-to product to push new updates to my assets. We've been using asset tags for about 6 months now and really feel like we have a grasp on all our assets.

Response from BOSS Solutions

Thank you Stephen for your positive review and feedback of the BOSS Asset Management product. We are pleased to have you on board as a customer and hope to be of service for years to come. Your feedback helps us to continue to improve the product for all of our customers.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

Easy to use, easy to navigate great product

Cons

Nothing, everything was great. Everything was self explanatory

Van M.

Superior

Reviewed on 13/05/2016

The best helpdesk software I have used in my 20+ years of helpdesk experience. The deployment capabilities and the reports help reduce my workload by at least 60%.

Response from BOSS Solutions

Thank you Van for your positive review and feedback of the BOSS Support Central product. We are glad that the product continues to bring such great benefit to Forsyth County.

Renee P.

I think Support Central is rather easy to use

Reviewed on 13/05/2016

There really haven't been so many cons with the software, but the pros have definitely been the ease of use, as well as the ability to have things within one application.

Response from BOSS Solutions

Thank you Renee for your review and wonderful feedback of the BOSS Support Central product.

Bruce B.

Boss - Solid Product

Reviewed on 14/03/2017

We use the Boss software for HelpDesk submission, ticket tracking and assignment. We are also building a knowledge database. We use Boss for inventory as well. Overall good product and good support.

Ryan M.

No programming knowledge No problem

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

My overall experience has been really good. I've always gotten the support I need when I've needed it in a very timely fashion.

Pros

Ease of deployment, ease of building out forms, setting up teams, custom routing etc. I like that most things are very easy to customize.

Cons

With the ease of use comes some restrictions. You're limited to just the options they give you. Since it's web based they can't really customize anything directly for you because it will impact all of their customers. I think reporting and some notification options could be improved as well.

Adam M.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Great Solution for your business!

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Pros

Was extremely easy to implement and set up. Training and the migration process was simple and took no time to adapt. Boss support responds very fast and handles your problem(s) professionally and quickly. From an administrative standpoint, ticket tracking and handling cannot get any easier.

Cons

Would like the ability for the end user to have the option to close out the ticket themselves once the problem is solved/fixed.

Rick Y.

BOSS Solutions has been our partner for 10 years

Reviewed on 14/03/2017

We have been partnering with BOSS Solutions since 2007 when they introduced DiagWin. It's been one of the most successful decisions we've made. Our positive experiences have encouraged us to extend this application into other county departments, and we've never regretted that decision. BOSS Solutions has offered their knowledge and experience to discuss options and to guide us on how to use their applications most effectively.

Pros

Superior customer service along with a solid, well-supported application

Cons

They need to improve their communication of new features and functions.

Allan N.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Awesome product and support staff.

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

We use this awesome product to manage our IT support processes to support all our employee needs.

Pros

BOSS is comprehensive and suits our environment. We like it so much I wish our organization could use some of the features to replace functions but we are prohibited and must use our in house products.

Support staff and development teams are very interactive and eager to and constantly improving the product.

Cons

Nothing. I'm all in on this one. It is so diverse I don't think we will every utilize it all but who knows.

Debbi K.

Good System for Inventory and Incidents

Reviewed on 18/05/2017

Inventory of our entire network - provides more options than we typically need but we can grow into it; helpdesk ticketing system

Pros

The ability to sync users and assets with Active Directory, reducing data entry -- the new upgrade looks as though it will take away my #1 current con which is having to be SQL capable in order to get out of much of what I need. I have high hopes

Cons

All Current system cons (current system on its way out in months though): the need to know SQL; system lags